PDA

View Full Version : Holowan Laboratories - News @ RPGDot

CDRSeadog
07-21-2004, 12:03 PM
For those of you who have, on occasion, spotted me cruising the Holowan - and/or for those of you who wonder where this old-time KotOR semi-modder went to...

I've been doing some little RPG/MMORPG/Adventure game reporting over here:

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php

I use the German version of my real first name..."Kristophe" as my editorial handle...and I mainly report on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday mornings (for right now).

You may also want to catch a few more of my "Holowan Modnewsbits" by checking out my reports on the 6th, 7th, and 15th of July (I won't bother going back further than that:-)

Should I miss something important that you all feel is worth a report - then feel free to contact me at coastal_kristophe@yahoo.com.

May the Force be with you all!!

Mav
07-21-2004, 06:50 PM
Interesting site you got there, I didn't know that the things we did here get reported on by other people at other websites, it's very interesting.

CDRSeadog
07-23-2004, 11:10 AM
To be quite honest, maverick187 - I am not sure whether any other gaming website posts news about the ongoing events here at the Holowan Laboratories or not...

Having contributed my own modest bit to the multitude of mods you all have done here...I just felt that greater recognition/appreciation/and exposure to your hard efforts should be given...and, seeing as I am an editor/reporter for RPGDot...well:-)

So all of you can continue to drop by RPGDot from time to time and check to see if I've put your mod/name in the news *chuckles* Of course - I'll always try to add a comment to the applicable thread for your mods to let the author know that I've done a newsbit!!

BTW - when I do any newsbit re KotOR - it automatically posts on our hosted KotOR website as well...you can check it out here:

http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php

Also - if anyone happens to see "deathdisco" - please let him know I included a section of today's report on the latest six mods he submitted to PCGameMods!!

deathdisco
07-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the blurb:)

Mav
07-23-2004, 05:05 PM
CDRSeadog

It's always nice to be recognized and I'm sure that we get more people using our mods because of your news blurbs, so thanks a bunch and for future reference, no need type out maverick187 you can just type mav, think of it as interent shorthand...lol:D

CDRSeadog
07-24-2004, 11:13 AM
You're welcomed, deathdisco.

Roger that, mav :-)

CDRSeadog
07-24-2004, 04:02 PM
BTW Fred Tetra - even though it's not my "normal" reporting time - did a quick RPGDot post re your latest KotOR Mod Tool:-)

CDRSeadog
07-24-2004, 04:06 PM
And actually, mav - it would be an interesting idea...meaning a poll at some time and point to see just how people have come to hear about, and visit, the Holowan Laboratories...

My own, personal theology behind my various reports about the events and mods here is to (1) hopefully encourage more people to try their hand at modding, and (2) to spread the word around about the terrific work modders do - not just for KotOR - but for many games (I also do reports for BGI/BGII modders, NWN modders, Freelancer modders, Morrowind modders, etc).

Mav
07-24-2004, 06:23 PM
A poll to find out about how people found out about this forum.....sounds interesting, the first time I found out about this forum was at gamefaqs.com someone on the KotOR message board reference me to it, every now and then I go back there and tell people about Holowan. Personally I really don't know much about modding at all, I mean the only thing I can do is re-texture and use Fred's easy to use tool to make item's armor, and place simple things into the game, I can't script or anything....yet, but what yoyu are doing sounds pretty cool.

Darth333
07-24-2004, 06:31 PM

Fred Tetra
07-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by CDRSeadog
BTW Fred Tetra - even though it's not my "normal" reporting time - did a quick RPGDot post re your latest KotOR Mod Tool:-)

Thanks! Always good to get the word out to more people!

Darth Khasei
07-25-2004, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the pub. That was very nice of you sir. :D

CDRSeadog
07-25-2004, 11:46 AM
You are all welcomed...Darth333, Darth Khasei, and Fred Tetra.

And...Thank You, mav:-)

Hybris
07-26-2004, 03:03 AM
It's nice to see you around here agin seadog. And before I ramble to much you should talk to the modderaters about being the unofficeal spokesperson!

(sorry bad spelling)

Now thats one "missing person" found but as anyone seen or heard from kittykitty?

:cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :fire2: :fire3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3: :cyb3:

Achilles
07-26-2004, 04:09 AM
Please mention the KotOR Fund Raiser in your next installment. More details can be found here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132489

TIA!

Colma Adawin
07-26-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Please mention the KotOR Fund Raiser in your next installment. More details can be found here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132489

TIA!

its only going to last EIGHT ( 8 ) days is there any point? i have no problem with your idea, i like it, i would give some money, if i had any, and i've got to worry about changing it up, Posting it and im in england so it would cost me 10 x as much to post it, but hey, it can get him rich if ppl send him too much money :p either improve his life or do a complete upgrade on his computer :p

EDIT* i mean no insult / offence by this, im doing this becoz i've just re-read it and it did seem aggressive

MattCole

CDRSeadog
07-26-2004, 11:22 AM
My thanks, Hybris...it's a pleasure to see you again as well.

As to Kittykitty - I haven't seen or heard from her for some little time now - I can only assume she has another website - as it seems that she hasn't worked on her website in some time...and all her mods, ramblings, work, etc are no longer posted...nada!!

On another note - Achilles - I had thought about posting a newsbit re Fred Tetra's plight...but I don't believe that my readers, nor my fellow editor/reporters would consider that kind of a "solicitation" newsbit as being appropriate to RPGDot...be that as it may, I have taken a measure of my own to try and help alleviate Fred's situation.

Achilles
07-26-2004, 04:32 PM
On another note - Achilles - I had thought about posting a newsbit re Fred Tetra's plight...but I don't believe that my readers, nor my fellow editor/reporters would consider that kind of a "solicitation" newsbit as being appropriate to RPGDot...be that as it may, I have taken a measure of my own to try and help alleviate Fred's situation.

I understand. Thanks for the follow up.

TemporaryTomato
07-26-2004, 05:44 PM

As to Kittykitty - I haven't seen or heard from her for some little time now - I can only assume she has another website - as it seems that she hasn't worked on her website in some time...and all her mods, ramblings, work, etc are no longer posted...nada!!

I think Kitty Kitty is registered over at Hitmanforum.com, I've seen someone over there with the exact same name and signature picture. :p I assume it's the same person, but you never know. ;)

I could drop her a PM on HF and ask.

EDIT:
After some detective work(clicking on her profile button:p ) I can safely say it's the same person.
Kitty's profile on HF (http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6323)
:p

Achilles
07-27-2004, 12:55 AM
its only going to last EIGHT ( 8 ) days is there any point?

I'm sorry Matt. I'm not sure what you mean by this question, although I will make a guess at your intention:

"Is there a reason you're limiting it to 8 days?"

The purpose behind August 1st is three-fold

1) it gives people time to mail the money.

2) you have to have some time limit or else people won't feel a sense of urgency.

3) People get paid at the beginning/end of the month. If they mail a post dated check, they know the money will be there to cover it soon.

It can get him rich if ppl send him too much money :p either improve his life or do a complete upgrade on his computer :p

I don't think people are going to send him $100 bills. I could be wrong but I think the largest contribution to this point has been $20. I imagine that most people are going to give $5 or $10 if they are going to give at all. The thing about helping people out when they need it is that usually you don't worry too much about helping them too much. I've never given money to a charitable cause and thought "geez, I don't want to help the less fourtunate TOO much". I give what I can with the realization that if everybody helped just a little bit, it can make a big difference.

I realize that Fred needs "help" rather than "charity" and that this is attempt to raise money for a computer component, not end world hunger. The principle is the same though: give what you can if you want to help.

Colma Adawin
07-27-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
I'm sorry Matt. I'm not sure what you mean by this question, although I will make a guess at your intention:

"Is there a reason you're limiting it to 8 days?"

The purpose behind August 1st is three-fold

1) it gives people time to mail the money.

2) you have to have some time limit or else people won't feel a sense of urgency.

3) People get paid at the beginning/end of the month. If they mail a post dated check, they know the money will be there to cover it soon.

I don't think people are going to send him $100 bills. I could be wrong but I think the largest contribution to this point has been $20. I imagine that most people are going to give $5 or $10 if they are going to give at all. The thing about helping people out when they need it is that usually you don't worry too much about helping them too much. I've never given money to a charitable cause and thought "geez, I don't want to help the less fourtunate TOO much". I give what I can with the realization that if everybody helped just a little bit, it can make a big difference.

I realize that Fred needs "help" rather than "charity" and that this is attempt to raise money for a computer component, not end world hunger. The principle is the same though: give what you can if you want to help.

Thank you Achillies, i didnt mean any offence when i posted, i was really just asking, and trying to add a joke :p good luck with the 'Fund Raiser'

MattCole

CDRSeadog
07-30-2004, 11:42 AM
This thread seems to be more than sufficient for my informing you all about my latest newsbits:-)

(1) Today I posted a newsbit mentioning the latest Reign of the Sith mod by Gsccc - I also added a bit about the IE website - complete with links.

(2) I reiterated the thread about Installing Mods/Using Mod Tools by Darth333 - as well as adding a bit on the thread started by Glamador entitled "How to alter KotOR models" - both items I hope will entice the budding KotOR modder amongst RPGDot readers.

(3) RedHawke - I put in a short newsbit about your latest mod - the recruitable NPC RedHawke.

(4) Just to note - Meatloaf Cat - I didn't put in a newsbit about your Ajunta Pall skin - as I noticed that, while you have it hosted over at PCGameMods - the Holowan threads for today seem to indicate there is a problem with it. Keep me advised as to when your mod is "bug-free" and I'll add it to my lineup of items for future newsbits.

Lastly - just so you all know - I'll be on vacation (visiting my Mom down in FLorida) for the next few days - so you won't see any new news about the Holowan Laboratories over at RPGDot until (at the very least) August 5th.

Take care, everyone...and May the Force be with You All!!

On - and BTW - great news - and you're welcomed Fred:-)

RedHawke
07-31-2004, 12:07 AM
This thread seems to be more than sufficient for my informing you all about my latest newsbits:-)

(3) RedHawke - I put in a short newsbit about your latest mod - the recruitable NPC RedHawke.

Thanks for the spreading the evil... er'... I mean spreading the word CDRSeadog! :D

CDRSeadog
07-31-2004, 01:27 PM
NP, RedHawke...and you are welcomed:-)

CDRSeadog
08-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Well - I'm back from Florida - the gators didn't have me for supper (though Mom made some fantastic meals - as always)...

First of all - you are very welcomed, Fred Tetra (though I would have prefered also to be "anonymous" - cest La vie)..

Now - for today's (05 AUG 2004) News:

(1) News re RedHawke's latest mod update.

(2) I also let my readers know that Gsccc's ROTS mod is now released as version 1.0 vice being a BETA release.

(3) X8C4 - I also did a short newsbit re your French/English tutorials for Fred's incomparable KotOR Tool.

(4) Wampire's "Revan's Items & Saber" mod was featured.

(5) I also mentioned Achilles' "Worrroznor's Warblade" mod.

(6) DannyGast - I made small mention of your reskin of the male #4 head.

(7) Lastly - I mentioned the Holowan's "Three Musketeers" (svosh/t7nowhere/Darth333) colloborated efforts in producing "Revan's Redemption Robes".

And now I have to head on out of the house and see about getting a replacecment for my own, freshly burned-out motherboard *chuckles*

May the Force be with you all:-)

Achilles
08-06-2004, 01:43 PM
(5) I also mentioned Achilles' "Worrroznor's Warblade" mod.

Thanks for the press. Ironic that this is probably the lowest-budget mod I've made *LOL*

Glad to see you're back!

CDRSeadog
08-20-2004, 10:43 AM
It has been some little while since I was able to do any reporting over at RPGDot...first off, my mobo really did go, ummm bad *chuckles*...so I replaced that mobo with a new mobo that was also defective (second time was a charm and I now have a new, working mobo). Then I discovered my power supply also went, ummm, bad - so I went out and bought a new power supply.

This month has really proven to be a bad luck month for me...having replaced my mobo and P/s - then I began having internet connections problems (like virtually little - if any - connection for 2 weeks)...partially due to hurricane activity...then a problem with my modem not registering with my ISP...and now they've discovered a very high "signal to noise ratio" problem that my ISP will fix in a week or so (my area ISP is totally backlogged with trouble calls)...so my connectivity online is still shaky at best.

Nevertheless - I did a very full Holowan Laboratories report over at RPGDot - mentioning mods/reskins by Darth333 & tk102, RedHawke, Hulas, Jackel, Bobo, Cerasumat, Amezaroth, DarthDex, En Liten Mus, Helter, The_Munchkin_Lord, Messkell, and Jedi Gabe *whew - that's a list*.

Darth333
08-20-2004, 11:15 AM
I want to thank you for the work you do CDRSeadog :) It is very nice of you to do this and we all appreciate it :)

However, concerning KSE, I don't deserve that much credit: KSE is tk102's baby and I just wrote the last update (v.2.0.8) which is adds the possibility to change the soundset associated with the characters, which is useful when the npcs undergo heavy plastic surgery or sex change (you don't want a Rancor with Mission's voice, do you? :D )

Tk102 has just been too kind to put my name there: I just added some lines to the code and that by simply copying and tweaking the original code he made . The whole job took no longer than 1/2 hour :rolleyes:.

CDRSeadog
08-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Indeed, lady Darth333 - nevertheless, you are as modest as the real lady I suspect you are re your efforts and accomplishments for the Holowan Laboratories - even if your icon has that huge blaster pointed directly at everyone's face *chuckles*

As to tk102 - I am also well aware he is quite the gallant gentleman - so, should he wish your name included with his KotOR SaveGame Editor - then I shall honor him by reporting likewise.

As to the work being done here at the Holowan - well, I've always respected those who give so much to better another's gaming pleasure...so I just try to give credit where credit should be due:-)

May the Force continue to be with You All!!

tk102
08-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Cheers and thanks to you too, CDRSeadog.

RedHawke
08-21-2004, 02:03 AM
Once again, CDRSeadog thanks for spreading the evil... er' word! :D

CDRSeadog
08-21-2004, 04:57 PM
BTW - tomorrow (Saturday) I am reporting again - so if I miss anything - or if anyone feels I should look into something - send an e-mail...again - I normally do my reporting on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday AM...I'm also busy in the meantime researching articles/editorials I have plans for:-)

bneezy
08-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Wow! Very cool CDR. This should get some more modders over here.

Achilles
08-21-2004, 05:50 PM
BTW - tomorrow (Saturday) I am reporting again - so if I miss anything - or if anyone feels I should look into something - send an e-mail...again - I normally do my reporting on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday AM...I'm also busy in the meantime researching articles/editorials I have plans for:-)
Would you mind referencing my website? I created it when you were "out" and I have a lot of tutorials, etc that I think will help new people get started (not that Holowan doesn't do the same :D).

CDRSeadog
08-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Check out my Holowan Laboratories report over at RPGDot (or at our KotOR sister-site) for today...I did a small newsbit for your "Default Clothes" mod, Achilles - and I also did a note advising my readers to check out your other mods whilst they were perusing your modsite:-)

Other modders mentioned in my Saturday Holowan report:

Gsccc for his upgraded ROTS mod.

Colja for his "Jovar Face" mod.

RedHawke for his "Make Mission A Jedi" mod.

Cerasumat for the "Ceremonial Jedi Robes" mod.

May the Force Be with You All:-)

Darth333
08-22-2004, 10:27 AM

CDRSeadog
08-22-2004, 11:41 AM
BTW - this has NOTHING to do with KotOR...or the Holowan.

Every so often, as an online game editor/reporter - I come across something totally out of the ordinary that strikes me as worthwhile mentioning/sharing with others...

Today's amusing news report (which can also be read about over at RPGDot and/or the Neverwinter Vault) is as follows:

Don't miss your chance to be a part of history!! Sign up for the NWN2 Baita Test today!!!

Interested Baita testers can fill our their application here:

http://www.narrowway.net/NWNBaitaTest.htm

I so love tongue-in-cheek reporting *chuckles*

Oh - and you are always welcomed, lady Darth333 (BTW - I'll have to do an addition to my next newsbit about you and add a link to your own KotOR Modsite).

Darth333
08-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Hahaha, I learn a new word today " baita" :D (Isn't this a small country house in Italian? I could test this: I need vacations!)
*edit* this questionnaire is too funny :D

About my website, I would prefer if you wait a little before adding it to your list: I am currently in the process of updating all my mods (and my website - svosh made me a nice header) and everything should be ready in a week or two. And again, thanks for eveything :)

CDRSeadog
08-22-2004, 02:06 PM
NP, lady Darth333...I'm rather sure that I'll have something or another insofar as future newsbits in which you would be featured - just send me an e-mail when you'd like me to post your modsite:-)

Achilles
08-22-2004, 02:38 PM
I did a small newsbit for your "Default Clothes" mod, Achilles - and I also did a note advising my readers to check out your other mods whilst they were perusing your modsite:-)

I appreciate the advertisement :D Thank you sir!

svösh
08-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey CDRSeadog sorry this is a bit late but I want to thank you for the bit on the Reven Redemption robes , Holowan's "Three Musketeers" I like it :D Anyways thanks again and Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

svösh

RedHawke
08-23-2004, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the press once again CDRSeadog! :D

CDRSeadog
08-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Never a problem, gentlemen...and you are all always welcomed...Svosh...RedHawke...and Achilles:-)

May the Force Be With You All!!

CDRSeadog
08-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Did another Holowan Laboratories report today - you can read it at either location below:

Today's report featured RedHawke, PrtyLizardJedi, JediGabe, Beancounter, and Jackel:-)

RedHawke
08-26-2004, 01:53 AM
Thanks once again CDRSeadog! :D

CDRSeadog
08-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Actually RedHawke - no need to thank me - I enjoy spreading the word around about all the great work modders do for PC games - so my reports are, in a way, my thanking you all for your outstanding efforts:-)

CDRSeadog
08-29-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm back:-)

Once again I have set my type into gear and featured the Holowan Laboratories in today's news - featured modders today were:

(1) Messkell
(2) JediKenobi
(3) RedHawke (BTW - I also gave a "plug" for your website)
(4) cchargin
(5) The_Munchkin_Lord
(6) Mono_Giganto
(7) Hulas
(8) T7nowhere for his "List of Downloads - Tools & Mods" thread
(9) Darth333 for her "Guide For The Newbie" thread
(10) Shosey for his "I Am Jedi" Mod (And a plug for his website as well).

CDRSeadog
08-29-2004, 03:12 PM
I had noticed that I seemed to have missed giving credit to Immortality for the Customization Packs and the other mods over at Forgotten Wars...I'll have to remedy that situation with next Tuesday morning's reporting (would be nice if Immortality sent me a reminder e-mail on Monday - just in case:-)

CDRSeadog
08-31-2004, 09:04 AM
Another Holowan Laboratories newsbit on both the RPGDot website

And Our KotOR website

Todays newbit featured the fgollowing modders:

(1) RedHawke
(2) Messkell
(3) Amezaroth
(4) DannyGast
(5) JediKenobi
(6) KnightFxr
(7) SouthernCroz
(8) T7nowhere (teamed with Svosh & Achilles)
(9) Darth333

Darth333
08-31-2004, 09:14 AM
Thanks again! It's always refreshing to read your "chronicles" :)

shosey
08-31-2004, 09:40 AM
cool, thanks for the plug CDRSeadog. I am grateful :)

RedHawke
08-31-2004, 08:54 PM
I know you said that you enjoy spreading the KOTOR modding word, and no thanks are necissary, but once again I am going to have to say...

Thanks for the cool coverage CDRSeadog! :D

CDRSeadog
09-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Indeed - you are all very welcomed...Darth333...Shosey...and RedHawke:-)

BTW Darth333 - have you finished re-working your website as of yet?

Darth333
09-01-2004, 12:18 PM
No, not yet. Crazy schedule... :headbump :nutz3: Maybe this weekend... :rolleyes: I'll let you know :)

CDRSeadog
09-01-2004, 01:02 PM
NP, lady Darth333 - just checking...after all, I did make a promise:-)

CDRSeadog
09-04-2004, 07:50 AM
I did another Holowan Laboratories news feature today - you can catch it either at my main reporting website at RPGDot...

or at our RPGDot network KotOR website:

Anyway - todays newsbit featured the following Holowan modders:

(1) I finally remembered to give credit to Immortality for the four PC Customization Packs - and for KISS - and a plug for the Forgotten Wars KotOR site.

(2) Featured modder RedHawke for his excellent Weebul & Utiinii's Shop Mod...and for his website.

(3) Tk102 for the latest ugrade to his marvelous KotOR SaveGame Editor.

(4) KingGamer for his first mod..."My First Lightsaber Mod".

(5) SouthernCros for the "Mission2yathuraban Mod".

(6) and to Numark79 for the "Selectable Aayla Secura skins at startup" upgrade.

May the Force be with you all:-)

Darth333
09-04-2004, 07:51 PM
On behalf of all the modders here: thanks again :)
I always like to read your news and I am sure everyone else does! (and no, that website is not ready : I've been working on some spanish and french tutorials...)

Off topic: concerning your thief review, you should add "as long as he doesn't fall to the water" :p:rolleyes: after
He can glide through any dungeon and jump off any cliff ...got thrown into prison :mad:

RedHawke
09-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Once again... thanks CDRSeadog! :D

CDRSeadog
09-05-2004, 05:35 AM
I'll keep that in mind, lady Darth3332 - and thank you...and RedHawke as well...always a pleasure.

BTW - I won't be reporting this upcoming Tuesday the 7th - so my next reporting stint won't be until Thursday the 9th...I'm quite sure the Holowan modders will have new releases enough to make another newsbit by then *chuckles*

CDRSeadog
09-09-2004, 07:48 AM
As predicted - I did another Holowan Laboratories report which you can all read at either our Main website, or at our Kotor website as listed below:

Main RPGDot website: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php

RPGDot KotOR website: http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php

Todays featured modders were:

(1) RedHawke
(2) Suchan271
(3) Montross
(4) Nodakrattler
(5) KnightFxr
(6) Colja
(7) JediKenobi
(8) SithMaster2000
(9) Maverick187
(10) Strider74205
(11) The lady Darth333
(12) The Team of Darth333/DarthKhasei/GameUnlimited/tk102/Andargor/Beancounter & KnightFxr for their AIOFPM Version 3.0.1.

T7nowhere
09-09-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks for your continued support CDRSeadog.

I'll try and get another mod finnished before your next report. ;)

Darth333
09-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks!
Expect a another version of the AIOFPM for your next report :D and if I get enough time, perhaps a few goodies too.

KnightFxr
09-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the plugs! We all work really hard on these mods, and appreciate any support we can get! :D

CDRSeadog
09-09-2004, 09:59 AM
You are all very welcomed...T7nowhere...Darth333...and KnightFxr...always a pleasure.

Whilst I try to hit up the Holowan at least once a day...my actual reporting for RPGDot is done every Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday morning - unless either the weather kills my broadband connection on those days - or in the rare event I have something scheduled on a day of reporting that I cannot change, or if I am on vacation *chuckles*

Of course - I've still got to find some time someday to do my planned articles/interviews on PC Game Modding:-)

And who knows when I may find the time to again tinker around with modding myself...

Nodakrattler
09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
What! I made the list of people reported about. This is just too cool man. Thanks a lot man. I didn't think my little reskin would earn me that.

RedHawke
09-09-2004, 09:11 PM

Hmm... What mayhem to create next... I got it :bluidea:... a Rancor NPC in boxer shorts :anvil:... Nah :¬:... it would never work! :D

Mav
09-10-2004, 12:30 AM
^^^^
RedHawke,

You make that and I'll put it in my module... lol

@CDRSeadog

Be on the look out for an updated version of my module ;) in the next few weeks.

CDRSeadog
09-10-2004, 06:49 AM
I'll keep my eyes opened for it, Maverick187:-)

Indeed, nodakrattler - whether you create a little mod - or a big mod - no matter...the way I see it you are still donating your time, effort. dedication, and creativity to further the gaming pleasure for others - and, as such, are more than deserving of whatever recognition my humble pen can give.

LOL@RedHawke...(but - I wouldn't be surprised if you did create a mod like that)...and you are also very welcomed - indeed, it is always a pleasure to tell others of your works:-)

CDRSeadog
09-11-2004, 09:33 AM
I did another newsbit re the Holowan Laboratories today...the following modders were featured:

(1) Svosh (and his website) for his Hv88 New Blaster Model (with Darth333) and for his Juhani's Sanctuary Threads mod (with T7nowhere).

(2) Xavier2 for the Jango Fett Armor mod.

(3) RedHawke (and his website) for his Juhani Siberian Cathar mod (great work, BTW).

(4) Colja for his Sin's Hunting Armor mod.

(5) And Amezaroth for the Canderous Reskin mod.

BTW Darth333 - two things. First of all - I don't know if you know this - but I contribute to our Adventuredot and our MMORPGdot websites as well (see the links below)...secondly - just curious about your website's status:-)

Our KotOR website: http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php

Our Main RPGDot website: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php

Our Adventuredot website:

http://adventure.rpgdot.com/index.php

Our MMORPG website: http://www.mmorpgdot.com/index.php

svösh
09-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Thank you very much for the compliment and the plug CDRSeadog. :) Keep up the great reporting, I always checkout your news bits.

svösh

RedHawke
09-11-2004, 11:41 PM
Thanks again CDRSeadog! :D

I have 2 more on the way too! :D

CDRSeadog
09-12-2004, 05:54 AM
You are always welcomed, gentlemen...Svosh...and RedHawke.

And I have been following your work, RedHawke - you are, shall we say, very unique and rather quite prolific when it comes to modding *chuckles*

From the looks of what has been going on since yesterday's report - I seem confident theere will be another Holowan Laboratories newsbit on this upcoming Tuesday morn (Just so you all know - it generally is best to wait for a large newsbit, and generally not worthwhile to report when there are only a couple of new mods out...my goal is at least 4-5 new/upgraded mods to make the reporting day:-)

CDRSeadog
09-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Another good day for reporting on the Holowan Laboratories today...the following modders being featured in today's report:

(1) Achilles & his website (check out my PM to you though) & the last 9 of his mods.

(2) RedHawke & his website.

(3) Darth333.

(4) tk102.

(5) Xavier2.

(6) Nodakrattler (with collaborators AlBundy & Montross).

Achilles
09-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Wow...I didn't realize that I'd been that busy :D

Thanks!!!

RedHawke
09-14-2004, 10:49 PM

EDIT: ^^^^ You indeed have been busy Achillies... there were some moments I actually was wondering if you actually slept at all. :eyeraise:

:D

CDRSeadog
09-15-2004, 05:59 AM
You are very welcomed Achilles...and RedHawke...it is always a pleasure, gentlemen:-)

CDRSeadog
09-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Back again with another Holowan Laboratoriess newsbit today - I was unable to gert my internet connection to work all day Thursday - so there was no report. Todays writeup featured:

(1) RedHawke

(2) tk102

(3) Achilles & Sith_Master2000

(4) Montross

(5) Wampire

(6) Silvergt

CDRSeadog
09-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Yet another Holowan Laboratories reporting day (I didn't do a report on Tuesday - as there were not enough new mods and such available to make a report worthwhile)...

First off - I did a spot on new KotOR modder "abcdow" - with repost of the mod announcement here at the Holowan - to include the acknowledgements given to various Holowan modders.

Then I did newsbits on the following Holowan modders:

(1) Achilles (with his Thanks to Numark79 & Prime)

(2) tk102

(3) sith_master2000

(4) Silvergt

(5) And a special newsbit for bneezy

BTW - some of you might get a kick on my RPGDot newsbit entitled "The Ten Top Unannounced Star Wars Games".

Links for today's reporting:

RPGDot: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php

Our KotOR site: http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php

And I did some reporting over at our AdventureDot site:

http://adventure.rpgdot.com/index.php

Achilles
09-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the mention :)

CDRSeadog
09-25-2004, 07:30 AM
Never a Problem, Achilles:-)

And now for today's RPGDot report on the Holowan...first of all - I'll frankly admit I couldn't resist reporting rather in-depth (with some editorial corrections) on Svosh's "Carth Underwear Skin" *chuckles* and it's dedication therein.

Then I did some newsbits on the following modders (In no certain order):

(1) Fred Tetra

(2) RedHawke

(3) T7nowhere

(4) Bneezy

I also made mention of several Holowan threads - most notably, the "Mod Request" thread, and the various "WIP" threads.

RedHawke
09-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Thanks yet again CDRSeadog! :D

svösh
09-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the plug CDRSeadog ;)

svösh

CDRSeadog
09-26-2004, 04:56 AM
You are both welcomed...RedHawke (nice new icon, BTW)...and Svosh...always a pleasure, gentlemen:-)

CDRSeadog
09-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Ahh yes...another good Holowan Laboratories report filed over at RPGDot and our KotOR website.

First of all - I took the opportunity to tease Fred Tetra on his modeling abilities - then I did my "on spot" report for his "Fred Tetra's Wristwatch", and his KotOR Tool website.

Next, the following modders were featured (with their respective mods, of course):

(1) Achilles (I didn't post a link to your website due to your running out of bandwidth, OK?)

(2) Shem

(3) Jedi_5002 (for his familiar mod *chuckles*)

(4) Drog

(5) PrtyLizardJedi

(6) Messkell (BTW - my readers will want to know - what ever became of the "Bastilla's New Lingerie Uncensored" version???)

Achilles
09-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Thanks for being considerate with my bandwidth (1.5 gb burned up in 7 days...sheesh :( ). I appreciate the plug as well :D

CDRSeadog
09-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Never a problem, Achilles...and you are very welcomed:-)

CDRSeadog
10-02-2004, 09:22 AM
I did another Holowan Laboratories report today (wasn't really anything to report on last Thursday)...

First off - I did finally get the link opened to the "Mod of The Week" - so I ended my report with that newsbit and a word of congratulations to RedHawke.

Then I featured the following mods/modders:

(1) Drog

(2) RedHawke (featured story)

(3) Bneezy

(4) Shem

(5) T7nowheere

(6) Achilles

Lastly - I did a small newsbit re Fred Tetra's upgraded KotOR Tool.

bneezy
10-02-2004, 09:44 AM
That is SO COOL! Thanks for doing this. I can finally "Google" myself. Not like that nasty, its a search engine.

RedHawke
10-02-2004, 08:41 PM
And thanks once again CDRSeadog! :D

I also apparently missed the compliment you made on my new Avatar, thanks again! :)

CDRSeadog
10-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Indeed, you are both quite welcomed, gentlemen...RedHawke...and Bneezy:-)

It is always a pleasure.

CDRSeadog
10-05-2004, 08:32 AM
And now - on with today's Holowan Report over at RPGDot & our KotOR affiliate website:-)

Today's featured modders/mods are as follows:

(1) PrtyLizardJedi (with his two latest "Dark Side" mods)

(2) TK102

(3) Shem

(4) Darkender & the lovely Darth 333 both for the Holowan Recruitment Manager

(5) T7nowhere

(6) Drog

Darth333
10-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks again for the review CDRseadog :) but I have a correction to make concerning the recuit manager mod: I did not participate in this mod and do not endorse it. On the contrary, this is the comment I posted at PCgamemods.com : http://www.pcgamemods.com/7759/c/

The armband I refer to in my comment is my Party manager and spawning armband.

tk102
10-05-2004, 10:05 AM
CDRSeadog, thank you again for publicity for both FindRefs and DLGEditor. Your vigilance is appreciated.

Xavier2
10-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Another good day for reporting on the Holowan Laboratories today...the following modders being featured in today's report:

(1) Achilles & his website (check out my PM to you though) & the last 9 of his mods.

(2) RedHawke & his website.

(3) Darth333.

(4) tk102.

(5) Xavier2.

(6) Nodakrattler (with collaborators AlBundy & Montross).
Oh, my!! Thanks!!! I never saw that coming. I feel ashame i only noticed this mention today. Thanks again:D

Xavier2

CDRSeadog
10-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Indeed, lady Darth333...I was aware there was a bit of controversy regarding the whole affair...I chose the safe route by (1) giving a short blurb on the mod, and (2) by giving a much larger overview of the mod's origin in conjunction with that particular report - with credit put where it was due. I can well understand your concerns re this subject - I oft get a chuckle over all the new & original "feats and force powers" mods now being put up...perhaps credit to the original mod author is not necesssarily given - but I can understand the nature of youth and it's impetious drive in being creative for creative's sake:-)

That being said - NP, Xavier2. I post this thread only to let you all know when, where, and what I am saying to my readers about the Holowan, and it's gifted group of modders - it is kind of my way of showing appreciation to people I well understand, as well as my own way of saying a hearty "thank-You" for your tireless efforts in providing greater enhancement to others in their KotOR gaming experience.

And as far as you, my friend tk102 - you are always welcomed:-)

CDRSeadog
10-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Another good day for Holowan Laboratories news at RPGDot and our KotOR sistersite.

Today I did add a few new aspects to my report (1) I made mention of the two newest WIP threads by CaptainSkye and Xavier2 as a part of my report, and (2) I reiterated what (in my own, humble opinion) is the "King of Compilation Mods" - T7nowhere's Holowan Plug-In mod.

Additionally - the following modders were featured in today's report:

(1) PrtyLizardJedi

(2) Chainz

(3) RedHawke

(4) Tk102

(5) Shem

(6) Grif Vindh

NOTE #1: BTW Messkell - as of today, I've received some 19 seperate e-mails from readers wondering whatever became of the "Bastila's New Lingerie (Uncensored Version) Mod"??? *chuckles*

NOTE #2: Ummm - I seem to have noticed that RedHawke has been the ONLY "Mod Of The Week" Winner thus far - is that award still ongoing??

CDRSeadog
10-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Yet another Holowan Laboratories report today - I did a special plug on the Mod of The Week website again - with special congrats to Sepithro...

Additionally, the following modders were featured today:

(1) Tk102

(2) RedHawke (and website)

(3) Shem

(4) Locutus (and website)

(5) ChAiNz

(6) Illuzion69

ChAiNz.2da
10-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Wow, my name in print!! well..err not my real name...and well not in print per se...but we get the point.

Thanks so much for the mention! It comes as quite a pleasant surprise :)

CDRSeadog
10-21-2004, 05:29 AM
My apologies for the belated reply - things around here have been rather busy of late...

nevertheless, you are very welcomed, ChAiNz - it is always a pleassure to recognize those who strive to enable fellow gamers to get increased pleasure from gaming:-)

CDRSeadog
10-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Today was another Holowan Laboratories reporting day - first of all, my congratulations to Grif Vindh for winning the "Mod of the Week" (I did a brief newsbit on that today)...

Then, the following modders/mods were featured in today's report:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Shem

(3) ChAiNz

(4) Cchargtin

(5) Messkell

(6) Ranger Six & Prime

(7) Darth_ToMeR

*Yoinked*
10-21-2004, 12:05 PM
God, there are some amazingly annoying ads about Fable, which I do not want, which happen everytime I go to a new page, plz disable this or get it disabled, Sea Dog, it is ("unecessary" word removed by Darth333) annoying!!!

-Adam G.

CDRSeadog
10-21-2004, 02:15 PM
*chuckles* I can't remove the Fable ads - even though I am an Editor & a Reporter both - I DO have a Boss over at RPGDot - and only he can make that kind of decision:-)

RedHawke
10-21-2004, 08:58 PM
^^^^
Yet once again, I say thanks CDRSeadog! :D

Prime
10-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey! I made the list! :)

*Yoinked*
10-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Damn, but thanks!

Darth_ToMeR
10-22-2004, 06:05 AM
just noticed this thread. Thanks by the way.

CDRSeadog
10-22-2004, 08:37 AM
You are all very welcomed...RedHawke...Prime...and Darth_ToMeR...it is always a pleasure, gentlemen:-)

CDRSeadog
11-02-2004, 08:17 AM
It's been some little time since my last Holowan Laboratories report over at RPGDot/Kotor websites...so today I did a rather large newsbit featuring the following mod (and their modders, of course:-)

(1) T7nowhere & his nice website

(2) Cloud1690

(3) Reveth500

(4) Fred Tetra & his newest KotOR Tool

(5) Shem

(6) Daebryn

(7) TheRealJedidude

(8) Shaggoth

(9) Dr. Jekyll

(10) PrtyLizardJedi

(11) Messkell

(12) And the remarkable teaming of ChAiNz & Svosh (with svosh's website as an additional plug).

Take care all - now it's time for me to get offline and go out and vote:-)

Prime
11-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Crap, didn't make the list this time! :D

ChAiNz.2da
11-02-2004, 09:14 AM
(12) And the remarkable teaming of ChAiNz & Svosh (with svosh's website as an additional plug).

Wow, thanks for the glowing review! Maybe this will help "dull" the pain I've put svösh through here lately with all my questions
*nag* *nag* *nag* :stick:

Take care all - now it's time for me to get offline and go out and vote:-)
good for you! I'd hope everyone here that is able to, is going to exercise their right & duty today by casting your vote. We DO have a choice....

CDRSeadog
11-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Hmmm, Prime - Did I miss something? Please let me know if I did re yourself - and I'll be sure to include anything missed in my next report...

You are very welcomed again, ChAiNz - it's always a pleasure...and I concur - quite frankly, I feel this particular election today may be one of the most important elections we've had for the past few decades:-)

Oh - and go ahead and nag Svosh - I think sometimes he needs it *chuckles*

CDRSeadog
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
And BTW, ChAiNz - as a former Navy "Airdale" - I can appreciate your latest "byline" re eagles and weasels *chuckles again*

Beyond my comment to Prime - I should re-iterate to everyone here at the Holowan...I do try to be as compleat as possible in my reporting - but, being only human, I am certainly not infallible - should I miss someone's mod, skin, utility, KotOR accomplishment, etc...please don't hesitate to either post on this thread - or send me an e-mail so that I may rectify the problem with my next Holowan report:-)

Prime
11-02-2004, 11:43 AM
I was just teasing you. :)

Holowan Labs appreciates the exposure you bring.

CDRSeadog
11-02-2004, 02:08 PM
NP Prime - but I still wish to know if I do miss giving credit to someone where credit is due:-)

T7nowhere
11-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the mention CDRSeadog, But the link you posted for my site is http:/// :(

Fred Tetra
11-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Just an 'FYI' - it's always better to post a link to the Kotor Tool website for the latest version than one to pointing to pcgamemods.

I do send a version there once in a while, but the latest is always on the official site.

Darkkender
11-02-2004, 08:39 PM
I think Prime was trying to be modest and not toot his own horn about His & Bneezy Stormtrooper Armor mod that was recently completed and has made mod of the week here at the forums. Of course I think he neglects that he got credit for his mods on your previous rpgdotcom flyer.:D

Prime
11-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by darkkender
I think Prime was trying to be modest and not toot his own horn about His & Bneezy Stormtrooper Armor mod that was recently completed and has made mod of the week here at the forums. I'm wasn't trying to tell CDRSeadog his business. :) He does a great job highlighting what is going on in this community, and I think it is a service that we all appreciate. I was just teasing him, because I know he can't cover everything. But any exposure bneezy and others like Darth333 get for the excellent work they did on that mod is a good thing, IMO. Being a moderator, I already get enough exposure around here. :D

Of course I think he neglects that he got credit for his mods on your previous rpgdotcom flyer.:D Actually, that was much more Ranger Six's mod than mine. He just used my old pseudo stormtrooper mod as a base. He gave me more credit than he needed to...

Darkkender
11-03-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm wasn't trying to tell CDRSeadog his business. He does a great job highlighting what is going on in this community, and I think it is a service that we all appreciate. I was just teasing him, because I know he can't cover everything. But any exposure bneezy and others like Darth333 get for the excellent work they did on that mod is a good thing, IMO. Being a moderator, I already get enough exposure around here.

I wasn't trying to tell him his business either. You had implied he missed you and he had said
but I still wish to know if I do miss giving credit to someone where credit is due:-)
so I figured to give my 2 cents so the 3 of you got the credit for such an excellent peice of work.

besides just because your a moderator doesn't mean you don't deserve the pats on the back and kudos for a outstanding mod. ;) Relax take the pats on the back and enjoy extra attention.:p

Prime
11-03-2004, 08:50 AM
so I figured to give my 2 cents so the 3 of you got the credit for such an excellent peice of work. Thanks dude. :)

CDRSeadog
11-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Ahem - sorry about that mistake, T7nowhere - I did correct the problem though - so now the link to your website works just like it was supposed to - for your knowledge, the URL didn't take on the link I had posted in that particular report - an easy fix:-)

And I do realize now that I hadn't thought to check the "Mod of the Week" page - so - whether there are a lot of new/upgraded mods or not by tomorrow AM, I'll do a special Holowan report to cover the Mod of the Week - and be sure to give out all credit where due.

Got it Fred - I'll try to remember for the future. The way our system is set up at RPGDot though - I couldn't go back to edit enough to add your website in my report - I'd have to do a completely new report.

I still appreciate the feedback...Prime...and Darkender...and always will, gentlemen. I can never complain about feedback:-)

CDRSeadog
11-04-2004, 08:01 AM
OK - as promised - I did another Holowan Laboratories report - you can check it out either at http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php or over at http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php .

The following modders (and their respective mods) were featured in today's report:

(1) A belated "hats off" was given to Random Task (Sorry I missed that thread here before)

(2) Raveth500

(3) Vinniemc

(4) Shem

Lastly - congrats were in order for both Prime and Bneezy for winning the "Mod Of The Week" (actually - the "Mod Of Last Week") award - and T7nowhere (along with the correct link to his outstanding modsite) was also mentioned in conjunction with that particular newsbit:-)

T7nowhere
11-04-2004, 12:44 PM

CDRSeadog
11-06-2004, 07:13 AM
Never a problem, my friend:-)

On another note - I didn't make a Holowan report for today (SAT the 6th) as there really hasn't been a lot of new stuff put up yet - I'll wait until Tuesday to see how things are going then.

Take care!!

Darkkender
11-06-2004, 07:36 AM
Cool by then I'll have my custom recruits alpha release up and maybe it will catch somebodies eye.

CDRSeadog
11-09-2004, 07:00 AM
NP, Darkender - actually, I had rather a whimsical time with you on today's Holowan Laboratories reporting:-)

Speaking of which - yes - another "Holowan Herald" over at RPGDot/KotORDot...the following "mod engineers" (and their respective mods, of course) were featured:

(1) Darkender

(2) Darkender's tailor, Raveth500

(3) The team of ChAiNz and Svosh

(4) Mono_Giganto

(5) Cloud1690

(6) Phildaman46

BTW - does anyone know if the "Legally Blonde Jedi" ever managed to get her KotOR website up and running yet???

Darth333
11-09-2004, 08:24 AM

BTW - does anyone know if the "Legally Blonde Jedi" ever managed to get her KotOR website up and running yet???
No :( I have a completely crazy work schedule since a few months. Also I am currently working in priority on the StarWarsKnights.com website to get it ready for the arrival of TSL. I also try to give priority to help requests over my own mods. I really wish days had 36 hours :rolleyes:

Thanks for what you are doing :)

Darkkender
11-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the kudos. Well my recruit is modeled after my online personality :)

*edit*

strange how my post was up before Darth333's and was the first one after cdrsdog and yet I check it out later and she got slid inbetween our 2 posts.

ChAiNz.2da
11-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I really wish days had 36 hours :rolleyes:

I know some of my days feel like 36 hours...(like today...bleh) ;)

Thanks for the mention CDRSeadog!

svösh & ChAiNz the "Dubious Duo", hmmm...does this mean I have to wear red, green and yellow tights? :eek: (trust me, that's one skin you don't want to see)

"Holy mangled meshes svösh-man!"

T7nowhere
11-09-2004, 09:59 AM
oops! you missed this mod by svösh (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139685) CDRSeadog :uzi1: :uzi1:

CDRSeadog
11-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks for letting me know about Svosh, my friend - it's not hard to overlook mods that aren't listed over at PCGameMods *chuckles* Problem corrected.

ANyway - today was another Holowan reporting day - the following mods/mod upgrades/mod utilities made the news (along with their respective "mod engineers", of course:-):

(1) Svosh (belatedly)

(2) Fred Tetra (And I remembered which KotOR Tool website to link)

(3) Aranel

(4) Shem

(5) Messkell

(6) HULAS

(7) CaptainSubtext

Darkkender
11-11-2004, 08:54 AM
the mod by Aranel is a pirated mod by Talchia

Xavier2
11-11-2004, 09:23 AM
the mod by Aranel is a pirated mod by Talchia
You probably mean pirated "from" one of Talchia's. :D Sorry to reply but the way you wrote it sounded to me the other way around. I saw the discussion on pcgamemods and thought it would be better to clear things up. No offense meant.:)

Darkkender
11-11-2004, 09:30 AM
None taken Xavier. If I had took more time before I could have been more clear.

svösh
11-11-2004, 11:43 AM
As always thanks for the plug CDRSeadog :)

svösh

Fred Tetra
11-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Thanks from me as well!

I've had almost 10,000 hits on the website just since June (when I started counting) and your publicity definitely helps get the word out to potential users.

CDRSeadog
11-12-2004, 05:48 AM
Hmmm - I missed that, Darkender - funny, too - because I'm well aware of Talchia's mods (having been around modding myself during the same timeframe)...

Fred - I'm glad to hear it...always happy to help out a friend - but to be honest, I'm more about giving credit where credit is due. Still - it is nice to know my newsbits are bringing about some little greater exposure to the efforts you all contribute into making the Holowan Laboratories what it is:-)

Svosh...as always, it is a pleasure...and you are very welcomed:-)

CDRSeadog
11-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Hmmm - wonder why this didn't post the first time around???

Anyway...milady Darth333 - I can well understand your being busy, and for wishing the days were 36 hours long. I used to feel that way myself at times - of course, that was BEFORE I retired from the U.S. Navy. Notice that I've stayed retired ever since *chuckles* Still - you are always welcomed - even if you are now a blonde *chuckles again*

You are also very welcomed, Darkender - and the post sliding is no small wonder. After all, lady Darth333 IS a "Legally Blonde Jedi"...so I might presume she used her Force Powers to make the slide:-)

*LOL* Red, green, and yellow tights??? Now that'd be a sight to see...ChAiNz & Svosh & the Merry Men In Tights *rotflmao*

CDRSeadog
12-09-2004, 10:47 AM
I've been away on vacation for some little time (a perogative I take liberally as part of my retirement from the military).

And just as obviously - while there was a lag in "Holowan creativity" by it's community modders - there still exists an overwhelming amount of things to report on with one newsbit.

Therefore - starting Saturday, the 11, thru forever how long it takes - I'll attempt the task of catching up.

Part of the problem - besides my being gone - stems from the fact RPGDot (and all of our subsequent sites) were hacked. Whilst my European friends were able to quickly recover - I was still on vacation - and when I got home - unable to access anything re RPGDot for some little time...I'm still "in the dark" in many aspects.

In conclusion - I'm still around - and still a firm believer that people who donate their talent/time/trouble/Dedication to providing modding enhancements to a gaming community deserve and are entitled to, some humble form of recognition and thanks.

PoM
12-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Why do you triple post?

tk102
12-09-2004, 11:03 AM
CDRSeadog, you are a true altruist. It is rewarding for any modder to get mentioned by you on http://kotor.rpgdot.com -- and it is encourages modding.

Piece of Metal asked:
Why do you triple post?
You could say the same about me and Fred Tetra when we release a new version of our utilities. There was almost a month between this and CDRSeadog's last post.

CDRSeadog
12-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Thank you, my friend:-) It does seem like a long time ago that we go back insofar as modding - but perhaps that is just my acceptance (and - believe it or not - enjoyment) of aging.

Darth333
12-09-2004, 11:56 AM
It's good to have you back! :) Everyone here was missing your reports :(

...and you'll be happy to learn that I finally updated my website :D

@ Piece of metal/The Knife: I understand you are trying to help but please leave these matters to the moderators & admins ;) There are some cases when a triple post is more than welcomed...

CDRSeadog
12-11-2004, 04:53 AM
Oh Good Heavens, Darth333...a legally blonde Jedi Elf now? *rotfl*

Well, I rather suppose it is in keeping with the holiday season...oh, and I'll make a small note re your website (as promised many moons ago) on today's reporting.

It's good to be back...Thank You All:-)

(now time to start my Holowan report for today)

Mono_Giganto
12-11-2004, 06:07 AM

(now time to start my Holowan report for today)

What nice timing I just released a mod. :D

CDRSeadog
12-11-2004, 06:13 AM
Unfortunately, Mono_Giganto - I had already just finished up my report for today BEFORE your newest mod showed up (I can see it there at pcgamemods now) - so it'll have to wait until next report (seeing as how I DID NOT peruse this forum for mods that folks have not posted up at pcgamemods - I'm sure I'll get some feedback as to any mods/modders I missed today - which I can use for a next report).

On the other hand - I did cover your last two mods in today's report - unfortunately, the way our system is set up makes it rather hard to properly modify a complete report once it is posted:-)

CDRSeadog
12-11-2004, 06:26 AM
I managed to (somewhat) catch up with a rather large Holowan Laboratories report today - the following highlights of that report are as follows:

(1) Congratulations were given to T7nowhere and Svosh for their "Mod of the Week" awards.

(2) Todays featured, new KotOR modsite went to the lovely lady, Darth333.

(3) The following Holowan Modders (and their mods, of course) were in today's report:

(a) TK-102
(b) Meskell
(c) Shem
(d) Darth333
(e) TheKnife
(f) Shaggoth
(g) Mono_Giganto
(h) Kazeite
(i) Cchargin
(j) Darkender
(k) Camerson
(l) PrtyLizardJedi

(4) I did NOT make any mention of modder Daryn with his Level 40 Mod, as (1) it seems to me that mod was already tried some time ago, and (2) I await any "real" word that this newest attempt at lvl 40 characters even works.

(5) Unfortunately, I also missed Mono_Giganto's newest mod - which did not post over at pcgamemods whils I was doing my report (it'll be in my next report).

Lastly - I did not check out each thread here to see what mods/modders I missed that don't post their mods over at pcgamemods - so please feel free to e-mail me and let me know who and what I missed out on for my next report.

tk102
12-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Wow, not only am I capitalized, but hyphenated too! Thank you CDRSeadog! :)

CDRSeadog
12-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Ummm...sorry about the hyphens...as to capitalizing you - I generally do in my reports - probably comess from an old habit of recognizing a Dominant individual with "Caps", and a submissive individual all in lowercase:-)

Don't ask me to comment further *chuckles*

P.S. You are always welcomed, my friend!!

ChAiNz.2da
12-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Ummm...sorry about the hyphens...as to capitalizing you - I generally do in my reports - probably comess from an old habit of recognizing a Dominant individual with "Caps", and a submissive individual all in lowercase:-)

Don't ask me to comment further *chuckles*

"ChAiNz" wonders what his name reflects, and is all confused now :confused: ;)
THAT'S IT! :bluidea: ChAiNz = confused :D

Hey CDRSeadog, we've also got a new addition (and fellow modder) on board here at Holowan.... Darth Omegacron

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141194

CDRSeadog
12-11-2004, 12:35 PM
*chuckles* Ahh ChAiNz - your "nomme de guerre" would reflect what, in my old parlance, would be called a "S/switch" - meaning at times (and your moods) you are dominate, and at other timess, submissive/passive in nature:-) *chuckles again*

And I've bookmarked this thread so's I don't miss it for my next report - in which I shall be certain to give some little welcome to Darth Omeggacron:-)

CDRSeadog
12-14-2004, 08:29 AM
I did another Holowan Laboratories report today - the following Modders/mods/mod upgrades/modsites/WIP's (whew - did I forget anything??) were featured:

(1) T7Nowhere for his lightsabers/modsite - plus "quotes".

(2) Mono_Giganto (2 mods)

(3) Svosh's WIP

(4) ChAiNz (a small, inside joke - plus his Mod & WIP).

(5) Cameron (mod upgrade)

(6) Darth Omegacron (mods/modsite).

Prime
12-14-2004, 09:09 AM
whew - did I forget anything?? Not to toot our own horn (okay, maybe a little :) ), you can check out our clone trooper mod here (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) and here. (http://pcgamemods.com/8967)

ChAiNz.2da
12-14-2004, 09:43 AM
(4) ChAiNz (a small, inside joke - plus his Mod & WIP).

:lol: yup, I am confused, but apparently I'm not alone ;)

The WIP link you posted is for a different 'Chains' hehehe..... or is it? maybe it's a conspiracy to confuse everyone? :dev11: muwahahaha!

ummm..nope no conspiracy ..haha? funny?....hello?

Thanks for the 'gifted' comment! :D

I'd blush but I'm at work and everyone would call me a sissy boy, push me around and take my lunch credits... Oh wait!...editors don't get breaks...silly me :rolleyes:

Thanks for the mention CDRSeadog! I'm grateful!

CDRSeadog
12-14-2004, 02:44 PM
*chuckles* You are very welcomed ChAiNz.

Hmmm - logged your post in, Prime - I'll catch it up with my next Holowan report - thanks for letting me know:-)

T7nowhere
12-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks man, I always appreciate your time and effort you put into spreading the word about KotOR modding and the Hard work we all put into this hobby. :)

Prime
12-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Hmmm - logged your post in, Prime - I'll catch it up with my next Holowan report - thanks for letting me know:-) No problem at all. :)

CDRSeadog
12-16-2004, 06:06 AM
I'll make a small mention of your website/mods, Prime - insofar as your Clone StormTroopers mod - I had already mentioned it in my long "catch-up" Holowan report done on the 11th of December (it's the first mod mentioned in the last paragraph:-)

CDRSeadog
12-16-2004, 06:08 AM
NP, my friend - you already know it's always a pleasure for me to write about mods and modders...Indie Game Developers are also another forte of mine :-)

CDRSeadog
12-16-2004, 09:16 AM
I almost forgot to mention I did a small Holowan Report today - the following modders/mods were mentioned:-)

(1) TK-102 (for his utility upgrades)

(2) Prime (for his remarkable website, Warped Productions)

(3) Mono-Giganto (Mod)

(4) Deathdisco (mod upgrade)

(5) Sepithro (new weapon modpack)

CDRSeadog
12-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that - rather than do a Holowan Laboratories report today - I'm saving my report for tomorrow morning - Christmas Day - which is (traditionally) a very slow day for any kind of gaming/mod reporting:-)

Additionally - though it's not much - you may want to check out the Holiday Wishes I plan to post tomorrow - one for RPGDot, and one for AdventureDot.

BTW - please feel free to e-mail me should any of you have other mods/mod news, etc that is either really hard to pinpoint here at the Holowan and/or isn't a part of the downloads at PCGameMods...

CDRSeadog
12-25-2004, 05:48 AM
Merry Christmas to all!!!

Another Holowan report concluded this AM - the following modders (and their respective mods, of course) made this Christmas edition...

(1) The Team of Svosh & T7Nowhere for their Cheesy XMas Pack"

(2) The Team of Xavier2/Bneezy/[STGN] Locutus/Mono_Giganto (with help from tk-102 & the lady Darth333).

(3) tk-102

(4) Mono_Giganto

(5) Darkender was given credit for being kind enough to post Seprithroh's "New Weapons Pack"

(6) Chains

(7) DigitalMetal

(8) Deathdisco

(9) Sirus

I did note that the KotOR "Mod of the Week" seems to have (perhaps) changed to the "Mod of the Month"???

May all the best of the holiday's blessings be with you and yours on this holy day:-)

ChAiNz.2da
12-25-2004, 06:31 AM
Merry Christmas to all!!!

Another Holowan report concluded this AM - the following modders (and their respective mods, of course) made this Christmas edition...

(6) ChAiNz

ACK!! :eek: wrong ChAiNz Chains CDR!!

There's another modder here at Holowan whose username is "Chains" (with an 's' not a 'Z') and it was his Gus Kenobi Saber Mod...

I've since changed my username last week to "ChAiNz.2da" in hopes we (Chains and myself) don't get ourselves confused ;) heheh

Just thought I'd let you know that it's Chains that gets the credit for his hardwork (and good mod BTW)....

(I've been lying low on modding for awhile...just playin' around with .2da 'support' till TSL is released for PC)

CDRSeadog
12-25-2004, 07:32 AM
Oh Good Heavens - I should have caught that - well - let me seee if I can at least correct the newspost:-)

ChAiNz.2da
12-25-2004, 08:58 AM
Oh Good Heavens - I should have caught that - well - let me seee if I can at least correct the newspost:-)

hehe... no worries...it happens to the best of us ;)

What's scary is, I actually went to RPGDot to check and see what I had released. It wasn't until I saw the name of the mod when I realized..."Hey wait a minute, I didn't create anything this week...did I?" ... :lol: :nut:

Thanks for keeping me on my toes ;)

Darkkender
12-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
hehe... no worries...it happens to the best of us ;)

What's scary is, I actually went to RPGDot to check and see what I had released. It wasn't until I saw the name of the mod when I realized..."Hey wait a minute, I didn't create anything this week...did I?" ... :lol: :nut:

Thanks for keeping me on my toes ;)

Actually you did ChAiNz.2da . You provided a merged .2da file for Xavier2's addition to the MECK project Here on page 2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141705&perpage=40&pagenumber=2) :D

Being as your A unofficial Member of MECK you do that work and aren't getting the credit or giving it to yourself.:cool:

ChAiNz.2da
12-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Being as your A unofficial Member of MECK you do that work and aren't getting the credit or giving it to yourself.:cool:

Well yeah, but I like to think of it as Community Support rather than being part of the actual mod(s), but in [MECK]'s defense, Prime gave me 'glowing' reviews (credits) in his comments at pcgamemods and on his own website....that and Xavier2 has expressed his thanks many times over.

It's the least I could do for Holowan, now that I know enough to give back some of the massive support I received (and still do) when I first started modding :D I'm just glad I could help.

wow... that was over 2-1/2 months ago. Time flies when you're going senile :spin:

svösh
12-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Belated thanks for the mention a short while back, and again thanks for today’s mention. T7 and I had fun making the mods, we just wanted to add to the holiday spirit and give some people a laugh or two ;)
I wish you A very happy holiday as well CDRSeadog :noel:

svösh

CDRSeadog
12-26-2004, 04:41 AM
You are always welcomed, Svosh - as you know by now it is always my pleasure...and I hope that your Christmas celebrations were the best as well for yourself, and yours:-)

*chuckles@ChAiNz* Well, I still managed to get the correct "Chains" in my report after all - thanks to you for your astute observation.

Incidentally - I rather suspect KotOR mods here at the Holowan are on a small decline for awhile - at least (I suspect) until the release of the PC version of KotOR 2 (something I've pre-ordered myself)...nevertheless, I shall continue to check in from time to time to see if enough accumulative mods/mod tools/mod upgrades and/or mod news warrant a "Holowan Report"!!

Till next reporting - take care all!! And if I do not see (or mention in a report) any of you beforehand - I wish you all a Happy (and safe) New Year.

Darth333
12-26-2004, 07:07 AM

I did note that the KotOR "Mod of the Week" seems to have (perhaps) changed to the "Mod of the Month"???

Hehe :D The mod of the week page should be updated retroactively sometime this week. I've been quite busy on the TSL forums, watching for spoiler tags (and playing TSL ;) ) and t7 also has been busy.

In the meantime, you can enjoy our new seasonal screenshot: http://www.starwarsknights.com/view.php?screen=screenshots/Xmas_wishes.jpg :D

Thanks again for all what you do for modders :)

CDRSeadog
12-28-2004, 10:01 AM
NP, lady Darth333 - I had read somewhere else that you were quite busy with TSL - even though I just recently invested in an Xbox (and a whole bunch of games as well), and am investing in a PS2 after the New Year (and a whole bunch of games as well - after I buy my CIC a new car, that is:-)...

I'm awaiting the PC version of TSL - both for the better playing pleasure, and for the modding.

BTW - reason I mentioned the Xbox & PS2 was simply my way of saying I'm expanding my game reporting horizons by trying to develope some skill in systems whose RPG games we report on anyway.

Ummm - and I did like the screenie:-)

CDRSeadog
01-06-2005, 06:06 AM
OK - another edition of my Holowan Laboratories report is out today, and the following mods (with their respective mod creators, of course) were featured:

(1) tk-102

(2) Xavier2 and team/Darkender

(3) Aolas (w/Svosh & ChAiNz)

(4) Sith_Master2000

(5) Shaggoth

(6) djk1

(7) TemporaryTomato

(8) T7nowhere (Thanks to Darkender for pointing this out - I was able to edit my report to include this:-)

If I've missed anything/anyone - do be kind enough to let me know:-)

Darkkender
01-06-2005, 06:26 AM
You missed T7's new Qui-gon jin lightsaber model that he released.

Oh and thanks for the mention.

CDRSeadog
01-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Never a problem, Darkender.

BTW - thanks to your mentioning T7nowhere - I was able to edit my report to include him in today's report - rather than wait for some little time until my next report.

tk102
01-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the last two mentions CDRSeadog, and Happy New Year to you. :emodanc:

CDRSeadog
01-07-2005, 03:58 AM
You are always welcomed, my friend...and I hope that the holiday festivities went well with you and yours as well:-)

Darkkender
01-07-2005, 03:59 AM
Never a problem, Darkender.

BTW - thanks to your mentioning T7nowhere - I was able to edit my report to include him in today's report - rather than wait for some little time until my next report.

I was going to also mention there is a recruitable rancor mod that madog has wrote however he has submitted it to lucasfiles which as of yet has not posted it for download.

Darkkender
01-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Hey CDRSeadog I figured it might be worth mentioning before you release your next Holowan Report that there are a few new mods that have been released that are not at pcgamemods.com

supersquall has released his Chrono Mod 1.0--A chrono trigger version jedi robes. This is released at his site.

madog has released his recruitable Rancor that replaces HK-47. This has been uploaded to lucasfiles.com as of yet they have not actually posted it as available for download.

PartyLizardJedi has released a recruit republic soldier mod at his site as well.

I figure any little bit counts in helping our favorite publicist out so that he doesn't miss the people who can use some credit.

Also please note While I uploaded another patched version of the Jabba Palace Mod I would not consider it worth re-mentioning in your next Holowan report. As I had just flubbed on the first upload by uploading the wrong archive by accident.

CDRSeadog
01-10-2005, 04:52 AM
Thanks again, Darkender - I do try to peruse the Holowan as well before making my reports - but the mods posted in other sites can oft get overlooked - I've made note of these, and will include them in my next report:-)

CDRSeadog
01-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Whew!! Today's Holowan Laboratories report took up some little time:-)

Nevertheless, the following KotOR Mod Engineers (and their respective mods and/or modsites, of course) were featured in today's missive (and in no certain order):

(1) Achilles (good luck on your academic endeavors, my friend:-)

(2) tk-102

(3) PrtyLizardJedi (and his new modsite)

(4) Aolas

(5) Tanesh

(6) SuperSquall (all 3 mods and modsite)

(7) Illuzion69

(8) Mar Komus

CDRSeadog
01-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Another Holowan reporting day...

the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods - in no certain order) were featuredd in today's report:

(1) Madog

(2) Gsccc

(3) Mattcolejk

(4) CaptainSkye

(5) MagnoliaFan

(6) Temporarytomato

(7) ChAiNz.2da

(8) Zeonman0079

And a belated, but well-deserved congratulations to my friend, tk102 is also in order:-)

ChAiNz.2da
01-25-2005, 07:31 AM
sweet!
You are indeed the 'Helping Hand of Holowan'... or would that be the 'Nodder to Modders of Holowan'... or perhaps...
I'll stop before tk102 uses one of his new "powers" ;)

You humble us with your dedication (careful, we might get used to this.. heh.. ) as always my friend, Thank You for the mention :)

CDRSeadog
01-25-2005, 11:28 AM
*chuckles* Never a problem, my friend - and get used to it you might as well - just because KotOR 2 will be out in a few more weeks doesn't mean I will drop any new Kotor mods. Quite the opposite - as I see the Holowan Laboratories as being (once again) the leaders in KotOR modding when KotOR 2 is released:-)

So I think I'll still be around the Holowan for some little time left to come. I might even try my hand at modding it - especially as my comprehension of Xbox modding isn't even worth mentioning *chuckles again*

Speaking of which - I'd better quit chatting and get to researching - I did promise to have my Star Wars KotOR 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox) review completed by the end of the weekend:-)

CDRSeadog
01-29-2005, 02:38 PM
For those who may wonder - I recently expanded my gaming experiences to include the Xbox and PS2.

And while I am also awaiting my pre-ordered copy of KotOR 2 for the PC - I did break down and get the Xbox version - and even worse - did my first ever Xbox game review of it (i.e. in case I lost anyone) my review of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.

I sent the final copy in to my own Editor-In-Chief - which means, for any that might be interested - it should be posted on RPGDot sometime late Monday/Tuesday afternoon:-)

Darkkender
01-30-2005, 05:51 AM
Cool I look forward to reading it. If it is as well written as your reviews of our mods then I'm sure it will be great.

CDRSeadog
01-30-2005, 06:47 AM
Ummm - that depends, Darkender *chuckles*

You see, I started out my RPGDot reporting with a lot of creativity - which was something our readers were just NOT into *chuckles again* They want news and newsbit done in a more-or-less bland style, without a lot of extra.

However, I've always enjoyed creative writing - though, throughout most of my life, I've limited my creative works to free verse poetry and musical compositions on a purely personal basis (meaning I've never had a desire to publish).

I've discovered that I do have a creative penchant for writing gaming reviews - something my Editor-In-Chief is delighted to discover as well. And while my readers want their news bland - they do seem to enjoy the creativity I try to put in each and every review I write:-)

For those that think my reviews tend to be much more positive than negative - that is because I believe there are two distinctly types of "reviewers" - actual reviewers, and critics. I pride myself in being much more of a reviewer than a critic:-)

Darkkender
01-30-2005, 07:49 AM

For those that think my reviews tend to be much more positive than negative - that is because I believe there are two distinctly types of "reviewers" - actual reviewers, and critics. I pride myself in being much more of a reviewer than a critic:-)

Well I always prefer that type of mentallity over those who would constantly break somebody apart that is.

CDRSeadog
02-01-2005, 01:55 PM
My review of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords - is complete, and posted:-)

http://www.rpgdot.com/

Darkkender
02-01-2005, 05:41 PM
I must say I was very impressed with your review.

I must admit I love the plug for the labs in the second to last paragraph.:p

CDRSeadog
02-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Thank you - I do have so much fun doing game reviews:-)

CDRSeadog
02-03-2005, 05:43 AM
Once again, it's time for the latest Holowan Laboratories report over at RPGDot.

Today's featured Mod Engineers (and their respective mods) were as follows:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Xavier 2

(3) Highcom117

(4) Deathdisco

(5) Shaggoth

(6) DarthBen

(7) Messkell

CDRSeadog
02-08-2005, 06:58 AM
Once again, its Holowan Laboratories reporting day over at RPGDot/KotORDot - the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods) received notice in today's news story:

(1) Darth333 (and I had some fun with that newsbit)

(2) Darkkender

(3) HULAS and the extraordinary MotOR Squad

(4) Maverick187

(5) Sketch42

(6) Oddball_E8

(7) Madog1134 (only for posting his mod on pcgamemods)

Darkkender
02-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the mention just as a side note the Yavin 4th mod is a polish release by HULAS. His readme says they are working on english translations still. Just incase it's not to late to edit your update.

Darth333
02-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks again CDRSeadog :)
(1) Darth333 (and I had some fun with that newsbit) And I had fun doing this mod :p

Mav
02-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey CDRSeadog, bet you haven't typed my.... username??? in a while huh? lol, thanks for the spot.

CDRSeadog
02-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Never a problem Maverick187...Darth333...Darkkender:-)

BTW - I forgot to make my report to the Holowan re my newsbits of last Saturday the 19th over at RPGDot only (I'm still not totally sure why they didn't post over on our KotOR website) - anyway, this was part 1 of a two part series of Holowan Laboratories reports I intended to do to catch up on everything I had missed:-)

For Saturday's report - the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods & modsites) for KotOR 2 were featured:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Darth333

(3) TK102 :-)

(4) Cchargin

(5) Achilles

(6) Darkkender

(7) Shimaon

(8) Liquidthex

(9) MacLeodCorp

Then today - I just finished up part 2 of my Holowan Laboratories report - with the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods as I could find only at PCGameMods) were featured:

(1) Mar Komus

(2) Dark Jedi

(3) :USA:Hefe(I)

(4) MacLeodCorp

(5) Allronix

(6) Masterchief2491

(7) Maverick187

(8) Kampher

(9) Xcom

(10) GotGoose

(11) Illuzion69

Hopefully I've now caught up with everyone - if not, then my apology - but I've only so much time in which I can dedicate to any one report, and I can dedicate only so much reporting space to any one report over at RPGDot - if I deviate from my editorial guidelines, then the readers are unhappy. Cest le vie.

Darkkender
02-21-2005, 09:06 AM
It seems Envida got missed. I know this is going to be tough keeping track of various mod engineers for TSL for awhile as many are afraid of posting at pcgamemods untill there is a TSL section there. I will try to lend a helkping hand where I can.

Achilles
02-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Good to be on the roster again :). Thanks, CDRSeadog!

cchargin
02-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi CDRSeadog,

Thanks for the mention at RPGDot.

There is 1 correction that needs to be made though. I have not released MDLOps for Kotor 2 yet.

I am surprised that I caught this before my PM box got jammed with messages telling me that MDLOps is broken. :)

kampher
02-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Thanks CDRSeadog for the coverage. It felt good to be recognised as a new modder here at holowan. Thanks again :)

RedHawke
02-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the press CDRSeadog! :D

No wonder why my site has gotten so many hits lately! ;)

CDRSeadog
02-23-2005, 01:40 AM
*chuckles* Never a problem, RedHawke - and its good to know that my newsbits may be having a rather modest afffect on your modsite's "bean counter" *chuckles again*

Indeed, I do seem to have missed this "Envida", Darkkender - I'll try to find what I missed and catch this on my next report - though that may be difficult with my increased workload as an Editor/Game Reviewer - and the fact that the modding pace here at the Holowan has increased to such a degree as to make a "Holowan Report" a necessity for each day that I actually do RPGDot reporting (for the record, my reporting days are every SAT/TUES/THURS AM). And trust me - to do a Holowan report on that kind of schedule would be difficult because:

(1) It takes quite some time just to sift through all the forum threads to sort out just what is new, what is fantasy, and what is pure BS.

(2) Then there is the small matter of doing whatever quick research I can to best report on each newsbit (i.e. has the mod been done before - and if so, by whom? Is this a valid mod [worth reporting] or is this mod still too buggy to make mention of? Is this mod nothing more than a cheap ripoff of someone else's work? Did I alread do a report on this mod with an earlier edition of my Holowan Reporting? etc., etc., etc.)

(3) Lastly, there is the actual composition of a Holowan report - with quick decisions as to how to do the actual newsbits, in what order should they be done, should I include excerpts and quotes for a particular newsbit, etc...then the actual typing of the newsbit itself (and that is a challenge in itself - seeing as how I've been very "physically challenged" for years - which means my typing skill and speed are such that - what would take a normal individual ten minutes to do, would probably take me 30 or more minutes to do:-)

Nevertheless, I shall continue to do my Holowan Reporting for so long as my fingers, my ability to report, and my Editor-In-Chief are willing:-)

Ahem - I didn't mean to get carried away with what it takes to make a report *chuckles still* Welcomed aboard, Kampher - and may you have many more (and successful) mods to be added to your future credit.

My friends...Achilles...Cchargin...always the gentlemen - and you are both welcomed:-)

T7nowhere
02-23-2005, 04:37 AM
Well, we all appreciate the time and effort you put into your Holowan reports.

ChAiNz.2da
02-23-2005, 05:45 AM
It takes quite some time just to sift through all the forum threads to sort out just what is new, what is fantasy, and what is pure BS.

You know CDR, that one line sums up so much with so few words... that would make an excellent signature line for yourself... hehe ;)

and as T7 stated, your work is very appreciated. It's easy enough for us to toot our own horns, but when it gets posted by an editor/reviewer on a completely different site... well it adds a little substance to the mod and work put into it. Thanks for being the window to the modding world.

p.s. - still thinking about taking a stab at TSL modding? I remember you mentioning that you might get the "itch"...hehe

CDRSeadog
02-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks my friends...T7nowhere...ChAiNz.2da. Ummm - I'd like to get back into KotOR modding - just haven't really had the time of late - to be honest - while I've installed KotOR 2 on my PC, created a KotOR 2 modfile, and downloaded various Holowan KotOR 2 mods that interest me - I haven't even had the time yet to just sit down, relax, and even start my PC version for the first time. Ahh well, one of these days...

CDRSeadog
02-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I'd like to let everyone here at the Holowan Laboratories know about a few, albeit major, changes that are taking place even as I am writing this re my "Holowan Reports" at RPGDot.

First and foremost - it has taken more and more of my very limited capability to do any sort of justice to my Holowan Reports of late. This is due to a number of reasons:

(1) I've not mentioned it until now - but I am actually quite "physically challenged". While some of you know that I've spend the greator majority of my life either actively serving in the U.S. military, or affiliated with it as a "military brat"; there are but a very small handful of you that know I was "Involuntarily Retired" from my military service due to physical disabilities back in early 1993. What relevance this has in online reporting is simple. A good friend recently expressed concern that I was "not operating at 100% capacity". In all reality - I've been actually operating "at 75% capacity" on my good days, and more like"50% capacity" on a normal day, for more years than I really care to look back upon. This merely means that - while a normal person may do a newsbit in, say 2 minutes - my typing capability and coordination is such that the same newsbit would more likely take me 10-15 minutes to do.

(2) Beyond my diminishing physical capabilites in typing and coordination - the actual volume of mods/mod tools/skins, etc. - both for KotOR - and now for KotOR 2 that are being produced is - quite frankly - impossible to keep up with for a normal person - unless the Holowan Reports that I started become a daily event over at RPGDot...the challenges that preclude doing justice to any Holowan Reporting - I've already covered in an earlier thread here. Bottom line - the only way that I can insure the Holowan keeps getting the credit due to its Mod Engineers is to find a way to get more RPGDot personnel involved in covering the Holowan Mods (with some experienced guidance, of course - like myself) on a daily basis whenever possible.

So - for those of you wondering why I haven't been able to produce a good Holowan Report of late - now you know, and I apologize for having to let some of you down of late.

That being said - there is always a silver lining to every dark cloud - and I have such to add to this long thread.

Early on, I realized all of the problems I've been outlining of late with the Holowan Reporting in particular, and the mod reporting over at RPGDot in general...and while I may becoming less physically able to keep up - that doesn't mean that I am just giving up and deserting you all. I've been especially busy of late lobbying for my latest proposal (mainly newly created Editor positions(s)) over at RPGDot - which, I am proud to say - just became reality about half an hour ago. To see what I mean - I invite you all to visit the link below at RPGDot:

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1102&sid=b05f729b2a70990fdfdc1685a7300c5c

(BTW - I wrote the main advertisement myself - with one line added in from our Admin:-)

I will be very much involved with the hiring, training, etc. of all of the "Mod Editors" - so I'll still be around and involved with the modding communities for some little time yet (I propsed this - pushed for it - so I'll be damned if I am going to settle for less than the kind of mod reporting I am accustomed to doing:-)

Incidentally - should any of you feel that you qualify - then feel free to apply (though I warn you - for my own part - I'll be looking only for the very best people to become RPGDot Mod Editors:-)

So - until then - I hope you will all understand. I'm sure that we'll miss more than a few mod reports for now - that is both unfortunate, and regretable - but cannot be helped for now. The main thing is that I am now working on making mod reporting (for all modding communities) an integral part of daily RPGDot.

Thank you all!!

tk102
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
CDRSeadog you have my utmost respect for your past duties to both you country and to this modding community. You have my best wishes and my gratitude.

Your friend,
tk102
:cheers:

Darth333
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by tk102
CDRSeadog you have my utmost respect for your past duties to both you country and to this modding community. You have my best wishes and my gratitude.

Your friend,
tk102
:cheers:
Couldn't say better :)

I will be very much involved with the hiring, training, etc. of all of the "Mod Editors"
Then the new RPGDot recruits will have the best "Master" ;)

Thanks for everything!

Darth333

CDRSeadog
02-28-2005, 05:11 PM
My thanks. One of the best "bennies" of this job has been the Pay (just kidding - take a look at my ad as to the "RPGDot Benefits" Package *chuckles*).

Seriously - without question, the finest benefit has been in the meeting, and making, of such wonderful friends as you both...lady Darth333...and tk102 - though it should be known we were friends some little time before I left the Holowan modding to become an RPGDot Editor/Reported/Game Reviewer:-)

Achilles
02-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Congratulations on your success! I know how hard it can be to make your vision a reality and it takes real leadership to make that happen. While I am saddened to hear that you will have to take more of an administrative role, I am confident that RPGdot will continue to benefit from your contributions.

Fred Tetra
02-28-2005, 06:42 PM
My thanks. One of the best "bennies" of this job has been the Pay (just kidding - take a look at my ad as to the "RPGDot Benefits" Package *chuckles*).

Seriously - without question, the finest benefit has been in the meeting, and making, of such wonderful friends as you both...lady Darth333...and tk102 - though it should be known we were friends some little time before I left the Holowan modding to become an RPGDot Editor/Reported/Game Reviewer:-)

Although a bit OT, since thanks are being handed out, I'd like to give you mine again, both directly and on behalf of the modding community that benefitted from your donation of a hard drive. When mine smoked, threatening to put Kotor Tool development on the back burner for some time, you really came through for me, and thus for this community, and I appreciate it to this day.

So, Thanks Again!

CDRSeadog
03-01-2005, 01:55 AM
You are always welcomed Fred Tetra...and Achilles...I do count you both among my good friends here at the Holowan:-)

And I am confidant that nothing but good will come to RPGDot with my latest...I truly do believe - with more and more Gaming Developers having to shut down their operations or sell out to the larger interests, coupled with the decreasing number of truly new and/or original gaming titles expected to be released in the future - are going to make game modding a very viable (and very important) part of future gaming.

RedHawke
03-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Congratulations on your success! I know how hard it can be to make your vision a reality and it takes real leadership to make that happen. While I am saddened to hear that you will have to take more of an administrative role, I am confident that RPGdot will continue to benefit from your contributions.
I couldn't have said it better myself! ;)

Congratulations CDRSeadog! Promotions are always a good and noble thing! :D

Your dedication to "Bringing information on our KOTOR Mods to the masses", by reporting our goings on at Holowan Labs over at RPGDot has had a noticeable positive impact... and for that I thank you! :)

ChAiNz.2da
03-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Achilles

^^ Wise Words.

To you CDR, my friend, you only need to read my posts to know how much I appreciate every report you've done. I don't think I could ever show enough of my thanks & gratitude. Not only for your service to Holowan and RPG but to our Country as well. It's people like you, that defend our rights so people like me can continue to dish out corny humor.. hehe..

On word of advice, don't be too tough on the new 'recruits', but put them thru one helluva Boot Camp!
They've got some big shoes to fill, but I'm sure we can trust they'll get (and continue to get) "proper" training for the job ;)

This still doesn't mean you can be a stranger to Holowan, we'll be 'expecting' to see and hear from you :lol:

Until next time my friend, take care :)

Darkkender
03-01-2005, 07:45 AM
CDRSeadog I don't know that I can say any better than anybody else here the amount of respect and apreciation that I have for your Holowan Report. That is one of the reasons I have tried to help you as much as possible in the past month or so when it has come to releases of mods that were easy to miss. I am always available to provide a helping hand you need only but to ask.

I was not aware of the extent of your military service or the sacrifice it has taken upon you. But I am proud to have you as a fellow member at the Forums here.

For your new guy/gal let him/her know that I am always handy to provide mod release updates that are hard to find.

Who knows you may see my application. Though something tells me I'll get passed over. :p

CDRSeadog
03-01-2005, 09:41 AM
I shall insure that all of our new RPGDot Mod Editor(s) know that they can call upon you for some help, Darkkender - and I highly appreciate it too, my friend.

Indeed, ChAiNz.2da...and RedHawke. Thank you, my friends - and fear not - I won't become a stranger to the Holowan:-)

CDRSeadog
03-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Over at RPGDot (Link: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php ), we now have our "advertisement" for the newly created position(s) of Mod Editor posted.

Normally, I would not bother making much mention of that fact here at the Holowan - but, seeing as how (at present time) the Holowan takes up the largest reporting time, volume, and effort of any modsite that we cover - I would think that some of you might well be curious as to what the position entails; I would hope that you might also be intrigued enough to apply:-)

Be that as it may - you can read our "advertisement at the link below (which, btw - I wrote roughly 99% of it:-):

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1102

CDRSeadog
03-09-2005, 09:20 AM
First of all, just let me say that I've thoroughly enjoyed my tenure (thus far) here at the Holowan - both as an "Old School Modder", and as the unofficial "Bard" for all you Mod Engineers *chuckles*

That being said, I'll still always be around the Holowan Laboratories (or at least for as long as either the Holowan, or I, continue to exist:-) - but I strongly suspect this particular thread will be retired soon enough.

Many of you know that RPGDot has created the brand new position of "Mod Editor/Reporter", and while I am not really at liberty (at least not right at this time and point) to delve deeply into that particular topic - I can give you all an informal "heads up" as to what has been going on with both the Mod Editor positions, and with the "Holowan Reports":

(1) First of all, I'd like to personally thank those of you here that applied for the position(s).

(2) The number, quality, and experiences of all the individuals that applied for the Mod Editor position(s) was - quite frankly - overwhelming (to say the least). I can say this - the sifting through of all the candidates to pick out the (perceived) best possible candidates was NOT an easy task.

(3) Though the new Mod Editors have all finally been selected - I will NOT divulge any further information due to the fact that:

(a) Our Admin has yet to notify the chosen candidates that they have been selected.

(b) Additionally, there are a number of administrative details (i.e. Mod Editor "Handle" desired, e-mail addy's, Editor Bio's [if desired], Editor forum registration/personal avatars, etc.) that need to also be completed prior to being able to fully activate any of the new Mod Editors.

(c) And then there is the formality of "Welcoming the new Mod Editors to the RPGDot team".

(d) Then there comes the wonderful juggling act of balancing each Editor's desires, particular strengths and skills, hours of availability, etc., to insure a smooth transition into the RPGDot team network - this in addition to the RPGDot familiarization and/or extra "mod reporting" seminars I may (or may not) have to do.

(4) And, as a final note to all of you at the Holowan - while I am now taking a "backseat" to the Holowan Reports - I have no desire to "steal the new Mod Editor's thunder"...and yes, the Holowan puts out so much in the way of applicable modding material that it has been determined the Holowan will have a Mod Editor specifically assigned to it for mod reporting purposes (and that will definitely keep any Mod Editor "gainfully employed" just on it's own merit:-)

So please bear with me - it is now only a matter of hours - perhaps a few days - but soon enough, my Holowan Reporting thread shall go peacefully into retirement (unlike myself:-), while a new thread for Holowan Reporting will (I hope) be established by your new "Bard" *chuckles*

Darkkender
03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
It is good to hear that we are close to a new "Bard". I shall miss the conversations held at "This Thread".

CDRSeadog
03-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Well now, Padawan - as you have (by now) been officially notified by the Council that the force is very strong within you - should you not go and notify the nefarious miscreants of the Dark Side that the force shall prevail??

(and if you are confused by all that mumbo-jumbo - e -mail me

CDRSeadog@mchsi.com)

and I will enlighten you.

Congratulations, btw:-)

Darkkender
03-10-2005, 03:06 AM
Thank you my Master. I shall endeavor to maintain the Quality standard in which you have set as the "Holowan Bard".;)

For Everybody else who is still feeling lost an anouncement is coming in the new "Holowan Bards - Holowan report at RPGdot thread"