PDA

View Full Version : True Sith, will they be Diabolical villans?

Naphtali
07-23-2004, 01:50 AM
There were plenty of Sith in part 1. Do you think these are the same Sith. I hope not, I hope the these Sith are unrelated, and they reveal something to the affect that they were in a diiferent part of the galaxy while Reven and Malak used the power of the Star Forge to be pretenders.
Its been said this game will focus more on the apprentice master relationship. I hope the head sith remains unseen, the one in the white mask, is definetly a he. SO far the villans look to be more sinister, what are you hoping for from the villans

FiEND_138
07-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Basically what you've listed above; a more sinister touch to the sith, more than just looking sinister but being completly non-feeling, evil. Hopefully no 'evil Malak laugh' if that makes sence, visually a variation in the models. I don't think a master should look like an apprentice in the JO reborn garb, that IMO was just laziness on the part of Bio.

I just want them to be flat out EVIL, ya know? Something that makes ya think, "Damn, thats an evil thing to do/say/etc."

Have to say it again, for the PC dark side choices, no more of this 'give me your lunch $$ or I'll kick your teeth in' crap.

Mav
07-23-2004, 02:17 AM
Don't you have another thread that is similar to this one? Anyway, yea I do hope that the Sith actually scare me in this game, I mean if you ask me even without the fancy mods and my uber strong character the Sith were a bunch of pushovers.

FiEND_138
07-23-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
Don't you have another thread that is similar to this one?

Heh, sure does. Thought I was getting a weird sence of deja vu :)

RedHawke
07-23-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Have to say it again, for the PC dark side choices, no more of this 'give me your lunch $$ or I'll kick your teeth in' crap.

You say it again FiEND and I'll agree to it again! :D

Doesn't Carth say something on Korriban about the Sith stealing our lunch credits?

Don't you have another thread that is similar to this one?

I am the Jedi Master Deja Vu... "Have we not met before monsieur?" :D

FiEND_138
07-23-2004, 05:29 AM
^^^
@ RedHawke

Your a modder, right? Would it be possible to go through & change Revan's DS responses to people? I don't know anything about modding, put a piece of music in front of me & I can play it, but I try modding I just get lost. So I'll ask you, would it be do-able or is something like that coded into the engine (marking flags as true, false, evil, etc)?

I've been meaning to post this at Holowan, but it seems to always slip my mind when I'm there. Just curious ;)

/End thread hijack/

& I do think Carth says something about stealing lunch $$$. Thats great, can't believe I never caught that before. Good work :animelol:

RedHawke
07-23-2004, 05:42 AM
^^^^
Yes you could FiEND...

I even thought to try it, after helping Maverick187 with the Lightsaber Pack, I found out it would be a monumental task, you would have either to edit almost every one of game modules .dlg files to change them to have the responses you wanted or another way is to alter the main games dialogue.tlk file and change the responses there, that file stores most all of the Text in the game, and either way would take quite a while to do.

Not to mention a 5+MB download is not taken lightly by people with modems.

But to answer your question FiEND it is possible.

FiEND_138
07-23-2004, 05:49 AM
Yeah, I was more or less just curious. Heh, guess that explains why the modding gods at Holowan haven't done it yet ;)
Thanx for the quick reply :rock:

RedHawke
07-23-2004, 06:08 AM
^^^^
No problem FiEND! :D

Back on topic:

Being that KOTOR: TSL will have the Jedi and Sith prestiege classes, possibly in the game if you go with 1 of the 3 Sith classes you will be able to slightly dictate somewhat how the Sith around you act. That would be very cool! :D

Mav
07-23-2004, 06:42 AM
I can't remember what it was about, but I remember that on the Holowan Board people were talking about something else that someone wanted to do that would also take upwards of 5 MB, but oh well different mod different story.

Burrie
07-23-2004, 09:14 PM
First of all, allow me to say that I loved Darth Malak as a villain(but not as an end boss as I've described before). From his first line that we heard in the trailer(Wipe this planet from the face of the galaxyyyyyy) to this final lines at his defeat(And yet in the end... I am nothing.), I simply enjoyed him. A bloody brilliant campy villain. Evil, pure evil. Not the Dark Side geniuses that Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun, Revan and Palpatine were, but just a campy evil. I was almost literally cheering for his speeches at the end, they just completely defined his one-dimensional character. And that's what I knda liked. Bioware didn't even seem to pretend that he was more than he was. He was evil for the sake of being evil, rude for the sake of being rude, and just over-the-top. And I loved that of him. Not every villain needs to have a painful background.

(and as a little sidenote, one of this best lines has got to be the "Hero, saviour, conqueror, liberator, you are all these things, Revan, and yet, you... are... NOTHING!" at the end. And hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this would somehow play a role in Revan's eventual fate that'll be revealed in KotOR 2)

As for the Sith in KotOR being pretenders, I certainly hope not. In fact, the one thing that frightens me and I certainly hope won't be true is that we'll find out in KotOR 2 is that Revan and Malak's Sith Empire was just part of a much larger Sith Empire. It completely undermines KotOR 1, and just makes the story of KotOR 1 seem a whole lot less epic than it was. When KotOR I was still in development, one of the key aspects that I always praised on these boards was the fact that we were, finally, going to play the main characters in a universe. Not a pilot who flies a few parsecs away from Luke(Keyan Farlander and Ace Azzameen in the X-Wings series), not a commando who undergoes a mission of his own(Kyle Katarn in the Dark Forces series), and not the main characters from the movies(as seen in various SW games). No, we were finally going to play THE Anakin/Luke Skywalkers of a new era, 4000 years before the movies. We were finally going to have an important hand in shaping the events of the future, taking on THE villain of that era(Darth Malak) and not some lackey(General Mohc), killing THE Bounty Hunter of that era(Calo Nord) and not merely knocking him down(Boba Fett in DF), and personally have a hand in the outcome of THE greatest battle in that time(Battle of the Star Forge) instead of doing a side event or suddenly taking over the main characters from the movies(The X-Wing series).

Those were the things that I was looking forward to in KotOR... and to suddenly find out that it was something a whole lot smaller undermines it. Yes, KotOR 2 would need to be bigger, better and more epic than KotOR 1, I presume. But in no way should it undermine the events that happened anyways.

(which is also amongst the reasons why I'd favored it if KotOR 2 would take place a few decades later)

EDIT : Oh, wait, wait, what was this about again?[/Jolee Bindo] Ah yes, the Sith attitude. I have to admit that the Sith did felt like a group of schoolyard bullies from time to time, but I personally reckon that a large part of it is Malak's influence. The Sith do look up to their master, and to suddenly see this big evil Sith Lord acting like a bully... well, they imitate it. Not that I like it, but it would seem that the Sith just acted like this under Malak's rule. Certainly looking forward to see if the new Dark Lords made the Sith followers change their attitudes.

RedHawke
07-24-2004, 12:37 AM
I never thought of it that way Burrie, that the Sith in KOTOR were acting out like their Dark Lord Malak was... that makes a lot of sense.

After all if the Dark Lord of the Sith acts this way then that would surely be the way to act for you to eventually become a Sith Lord yourself.

Interesting! :D

FiEND_138
07-24-2004, 05:25 AM
So the sith under Revan were all a bunch of lunch credit thieving jerks :p .....J/K J/K

Yeah Burrie, thats an interesting take on it. Never thought about it that way before, makes sense.

Burrie
07-24-2004, 05:33 AM
So the sith under Revan were all a bunch of lunch credit thieving jerks .....J/K J/K
*chuckles* Well, perhaps under the reincarnated Revan(ie. the one we play). For the old Revan, methinks that that they would've been a whole lot more subtle, and perhaps a whole lot more like Uthar, the one Sith who really seemed a bit more compassionate about the Sith, one of the last dedicated followers of the old Darth Revan, I think.

FiEND_138
07-24-2004, 06:14 AM
they would've been a whole lot more subtle, and perhaps a whole lot more like Uthar, the one Sith who really seemed a bit more compassionate about the Sith, one of the last dedicated followers of the old Darth Revan, I think.

Thats who I wish more of the sith were like in K1. I think they captured the sith perfect with that character, a shame they didn't carry more of his personality over to more of them, even the PC for that matter. O well, perhaps in TSL.

I also think your right about Uthar being one of the last followers of Revan. He always struck me as being cut from a different cloth than Malak & the rest, just could never put my finger on it.

RedHawke
07-24-2004, 06:16 AM
Actually FiEND it would be the Sith under Malak that would all be lunch credit stealing punks!

(I know you were kidding FiEND! :D)

And I agree Burrie, I think Uthar was one of the Coolest Sith in the whole of KOTOR, and him being part of the old Sith guard would make perfect sense.

That also would explain the previous Sith Master at the Korriban academy, the supposedly mad Jorak Uln was in seclusion in the Korriban Tomb of Tulak Hord testing new students that wandered in the tomb where he was, he would test them to see if they had the true spirit of a Sith. I always thought that was out of place in KOTOR but now putting the Sith situation in an old-guard, new-guard light it explains a lot about why he was there and what he was actually doing. At least to me anyway! :D

Burrie
07-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Just curious, as I have yet to try it for myself, but once the PC knows who he is, can't you convince Uthar that you're Revan at the final test and could keep him alive that way?

RedHawke
07-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Burrie
Just curious, as I have yet to try it for myself, but once the PC knows who he is, can't you convince Uthar that you're Revan at the final test and could keep him alive that way?

I don't know that myself, the only 2 times I went to Korriban last was when I was playing Lightside... well you just gave me an excuse to play through KOTOR again! :D

deathdisco
07-24-2004, 09:04 AM

Yes, I don't remember the exact dialog but it's something along the lines of:
I knew there was something different about you. If you succeed in defeating Malak, all the Sith will follow you...

He also bows to you.

RedHawke
07-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by deathdisco
Yes, I don't remember the exact dialog but it's something along the lines of:
I knew there was something different about you. If you succeed in defeating Malak, all the Sith will follow you...

He also bows to you.

Interesting deathdisco I'll have to try that. :D

Mav
07-25-2004, 03:46 AM
I still enjoy gutting the tattoo faced freak with my lightsaber, even if he is the 'noblest' of the Sith in the academy.

RedHawke
07-25-2004, 08:19 AM
I still enjoy gutting the tattoo faced freak with my lightsaber, even if he is the 'noblest' of the Sith in the academy.

But Mav, doesn't everyone deserve a chance at redemption?

Wait a tick! I just asked a lightsided question!!! Eww!!! :p

Forget I asked that... Just keep on hackn' on em' Mav! :D

tomwaz
07-25-2004, 09:54 AM
all of the sith in the academy are just there because they happen to be force sensitive. They have only just started and are flexing their muscles so to speak.

They have not yet found the true ways of the sith and if you speak to one of the teachers they are a lot forboding and sinister.

Burrie
07-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Ahhh, yes... loved the moment when I could finally drop the 'Dark Side' facade. That one moment where Uthar and Yuthura are questioning which side I should choose, and I could say "I choose neither, I choose me!", and then explain how I had done everything to get the starmap from them... ooh yes, definatley a memorable scene.

Hiroki
07-25-2004, 01:52 PM
And if you tricked them into poisoning each other. :D "What can I say? I'm not dumb."

Dark Jedi Revan didn't always act like a punk trying to steal lunch credits. He also had some memorable, very Sith like moments. Like using dominate mind to force Zalbbar to kill Mission - classic Sith.

RedHawke
07-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Hiroki
Dark Jedi Revan didn't always act like a punk trying to steal lunch credits. He also had some memorable, very Sith like moments. Like using dominate mind to force Zalbbar to kill Mission - classic Sith.

Yup, that about sums it up! :D

Emperor Pangasa
07-31-2004, 02:32 AM
I hope the Sith in Kotor 2 live up to the name Sith. The Sith in Kotor 1 were nothing but schoolyard bullies, moreover there was nothing diabolical or evil about them, there were just thugs. I hope the Sith in Kotor 2 live up to the name like Darth Bane and Darth Sidious.:emperor: :evil2:

Mav
07-31-2004, 02:34 AM
Hey Emperor Pangasa I haven't see you in a while I made the lightsaber you requested as well as others in a pack. Follow the link in my sig if you want it.

FiEND_138
07-31-2004, 05:41 AM

True. It's just a shame that the 'How much will you pay me not to kill you?' lines outweighed the 'I won't kill you but Zalbbar will.' moments.

Darth Amenophis
07-31-2004, 01:15 PM
Perhaps these sith are truly the Sith'Ari spoken of in the original KOTOR on Korriban in the Sith Academy.

0rlo
08-01-2004, 12:56 AM
pff, sith. weak. they have all these super weapons and not a brain among them.

Emperor Pangasa
08-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Hey Maverick, I'm sorry I never responded ragrding the stats for the saber you made I was in the process of switching form dial up to DSL so I had no internet access, I recently downloaded your saber pick, You did a fabulous job and thanks for including my suggestion.:emperor: :lando: :)

Mav
08-02-2004, 12:58 AM
^^^

You are welcome and thanks for the suggestion ;), but RedHawke deserves just as much thanks as I do seeing as he was the one who did ALL of the scripting and placement of the sabers.

jedi_5002
08-03-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
But Mav, doesn't everyone deserve a chance at redemption?

Wait a tick! I just asked a lightsided question!!! Eww!!! :p

Forget I asked that... Just keep on hackn' on em' Mav! :D

As a TRUE Light Sider, everyone does deserve the chance of redemption. If they ultimately choose not to take it, I will have no qualms about gutting them like a Selkath being prepared for the grill. They will have attacked first, and shunned redemption, so serves ;) them right.

:fett:

Hiroki
08-03-2004, 01:51 PM
I believe in letting things become personal. ;) Not commiting evil, but if somebody say, kills the one I love, or my family if I have, I don't care how redeemed they think they are, they'll be gutted like Selkath anyway. :P

n.kT3M4
08-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Will they be more evil looking in the sith lords lol well just look at dark Sion he should answer that.

RedHawke
08-04-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by n.kT3M4
Will they be more evil looking in the sith lords lol well just look at dark Sion he should answer that.

Actually I hope they have the option to turn PC darkside transitions off in KOTOR:TSL, I just hate the pasty complexions, and the stupid tatoos, thats all just really tacky. :eek:

n.kT3M4
08-04-2004, 12:00 PM
What!?!?!? u mean u don't like the decaying face effect u get when u get to a certain darkside level. ps umm the reply i hade above i ment to put darth sion instead of dark lol didn't know what i was doing but heres a saber fight to make up for it:lsduel:

Hiroki
08-05-2004, 01:05 AM
The button is EDIT! It is by every one of your posts. USE IT!

RedHawke
08-05-2004, 03:07 AM
The button is EDIT! It is by every one of your posts. USE IT!

Yup, right between Rate and Quote! :D

lukeiamyourdad
08-05-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Actually I hope they have the option to turn PC darkside transitions off in KOTOR:TSL, I just hate the pasty complexions, and the stupid tatoos, thats all just really tacky. :eek:

Me too. It just seemed to decay in a very weird fashion. I mean, people wouldn't even talk to you if you looked like that in reality. You should decay more like Malak. He may have a missing jaw but he doesn't
have weird veins...

FiEND_138
08-05-2004, 03:56 AM
I agree to a point. Some of them, it just didn't really work out too great. Most of them you just looked un-dead on a hunt for "Braaaiiiiinnnnssss." Then some of them looked cool, like scar face turning into evil spock. Thought that was a nice touch.

Yeah, an option would be good for those who don't want it.

lukeiamyourdad
08-05-2004, 04:49 AM
The problem is you won't really look evil if your face doesn't change at all. Perhaps if you only got pale.

Mav
08-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Personally I think if you want to go completely Darkside then you deserve to have the face that goes with it....lol

lukeiamyourdad
08-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Dooku doesn't have a very degraded face and he's bad indeed.

XBebop
08-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Dooku's bad but he isn't evil.

FiEND_138
08-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Yeah.. most 'bad' people just spray lightning from their finger tips & hack padawans arms off :p I'm of the opinion Tyranus is 1 evil S.O.B.

lukeiamyourdad
08-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey, most bad people DO spray lighting from their fingertips and cut off other people's limbs.

n.kT3M4
08-05-2004, 11:28 PM
or some just cut up people lol:p

Mav
08-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Mace Windu cut off Jango's head does that make him "evil"or even "bad"

RedHawke
08-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Me too. It just seemed to decay in a very weird fashion. I mean, people wouldn't even talk to you if you looked like that in reality. You should decay more like Malak. He may have a missing jaw but he doesn't
have weird veins...

Agreed! :D

They just need to get away from the Fantasy Storyline need to make evil always look just that... gaunt, pale and death warmed over looking.

The last thing you would want as a Sith would be to go around looking all pasty white, with blue veins, and many facial tatoos, advertising "Look at me I'm Evil" you would never be able to get a hotel room or a speeder rental at all! :D

They need to accept the fact that in most Sci-Fi, like the real world, evil usually looks like everyone else, unless the bad guys are cyborgs or aliens of some sort.

Just my 2 cents! :D

lukeiamyourdad
08-06-2004, 03:20 AM
The problem is with Star Wars. Except for Dooku and Young(well younger) Palpatine all the bad Sith look horrific. Or perhaps both Dooku and Palpy wore excessive make-up to cover it up.

Hiroki
08-06-2004, 03:30 AM
[BI mean, people wouldn't even talk to you if you looked like that in reality. [/B]

Then again, people wouldn't have to talk to a Rodian, or Trandoshan, or heaven forbid, a Hutt on a dayly basis in the real life. ;)

kome566
08-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Even if you do look ugly...you can always use ur ....*Drum Roll* . . . . .

:mob:

DOMINATE MIND ABILITY!!!! :D thats right.you ugly hideous little sith.But you own them by overpowering there minds! HA! lmao. But the little rotting color thing is ugly.I noticed it when i was becoming DS and im like wt*?!?! WHATS GOING ON?!!? My char looked like he was stoned..literally!

lukeiamyourdad
08-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Then again, people wouldn't have to talk to a Rodian, or Trandoshan, or heaven forbid, a Hutt on a dayly basis in the real life. ;)

The point is that they look normal for their specie. It would be like talking to an alligator or to a reptile of some sort. It's lookable.
But a decomposed humanis another thing.

RedHawke
08-10-2004, 12:37 AM
The point is that they look normal for their specie. It would be like talking to an alligator or to a reptile of some sort. It's lookable.

Agreed! :D

But a decomposed human is another thing.

Again I agree! :D

Vampires, Zombies, and Mummies... Yes!

Sith... No!

kome566
08-10-2004, 12:30 PM
I bet you die and you come back rotten like Darth Sion to be preserved for a special reason.... :D

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by kome566
I bet you die and you come back rotten like Darth Sion to be preserved for a special reason.... :D

Hmm... I think I saw something like that in a movie somewhere! :D

nacho35
08-11-2004, 04:14 PM
One of the problems I have always had with Star Wars is that everything is to the extreme.

Jedis are too good and the Sith are too evil. I don't think there is anyway I could be either.

I just don't see anything wrong with a Jedi if he is in a fight spraying down a little line of lightning!

I just always thought the Force shouldn't be broken up into light/dark. It is obviously the same power for both it just depends on the reasoning of why you are doing something that should count.

Well enough of my rambling and I am not overly criticizing. GL is still a d#$* genius!

lukeiamyourdad
08-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Well you could be like Jolee and be a grey Jedi if you don't like extremes.

"I've seen my share of the light and the dark and frankly both extremes annoy me"-Jolee Bindo

nacho35
08-11-2004, 06:53 PM
That is a true statement. Its just that my idea in the scope of this game is dark.

...But that is my choice!

kome566
08-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Its totally difficult to be a grey jedi . . you gotta remember what Side act you were doing (LS or DS) otherwise you'll lean towards either one . . .but I overcame that obstacle! :D

Oh yeah by the way,does anything happen to your char's potrait when you are become LS? Ive seen the effects of DS which somewhat freaked me out the first time i played it . .

Achilles
08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
One of the problems I have always had with Star Wars is that everything is to the extreme.

Jedis are too good and the Sith are too evil. I don't think there is anyway I could be either.

I just don't see anything wrong with a Jedi if he is in a fight spraying down a little line of lightning!

I just always thought the Force shouldn't be broken up into light/dark. It is obviously the same power for both it just depends on the reasoning of why you are doing something that should count.

Well enough of my rambling and I am not overly criticizing. GL is still a d#$* genius!

GL did a lot of work with Joseph Campbell when writing the original trilogy, therefore the story is heavily influenced by the good vs evil dichotomy that exists in most of the world's myth systems. The person who toes the line between good and evil presents a dramatic element that would not exist if the story were about the battle of neutral vs. neutral over....what?

nacho35
08-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
The person who toes the line between good and evil presents a dramatic element that would not exist if the story were about the battle of neutral vs. neutral over....what?

I completely agree with you. Good vs neutral/bad vs bad or any other combination would not work. I am not faulting GL in any way. Like I said, he is a genius and it almost has to be set up as pure good vs pure evil.

All I am saying is that in the realm of KOTOR where I am the main character, I just wish it was different.

You never know though..."the grass is always greener on the other side!"

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Like I said, he is a genius and it almost has to be set up as pure good vs pure evil.

Anything else and you would end up with a Dirty Harry movie! :D

Achilles
08-12-2004, 01:01 AM
I completely agree with you. Good vs neutral/bad vs bad or any other combination would not work. I am not faulting GL in any way. Like I said, he is a genius and it almost has to be set up as pure good vs pure evil.

All I am saying is that in the realm of KOTOR where I am the main character, I just wish it was different.

You never know though..."the grass is always greener on the other side!"

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality." -Goethe

Prime
08-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by XBebop
Dooku's bad but he isn't evil. How is he not evil? Let's see...

corrupted by the power of the dark side
became a Dark Lord of the Sith
lies, deceit, and treachery are his ways
attempted to execute Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme
Recruited other Dark Jedi (Ventress, Vos, and others) to be his minions

He seems to fit the criteria for being evil.

Mace Windu cut off Jango's head does that make him "evil"or even "bad" True. They were both "soldiers" on a battlefield.

Jedis are too good and the Sith are too evil. I don't think there is anyway I could be either. As others have said Star Wars was designed to be myth and fantasy, not standard sci-fi. Sci-fi tends to involve some social commentary or prediction of the future, which Star Wars does not do. Myths tend to have pure good vs. pure evil, so in that sense it fits right in.

I just don't see anything wrong with a Jedi if he is in a fight spraying down a little line of lightning! But force lightning is fueled by hate and anger and is using the force to attack. All these things lead to the dark side.

Haven't you been paying attention? :)

I just always thought the Force shouldn't be broken up into light/dark. It is obviously the same power for both it just depends on the reasoning of why you are doing something that should count. ****ing NJO. :)

What we see and are told in the movies shows that this is not true.

kome566
08-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Oh sure . . a jedi using force lightning to bring a little rain to his garden? Please... :D

nacho35
08-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Prime

But force lightning is fueled by hate and anger and is using the force to attack. All these things lead to the dark side.

Haven't you been paying attention? :)

****ing NJO. :)

Man, GL has really brainwashed you guys. Think for yourselves. I am thinking outside the GL realm of Star Wars.

Because we nuked Japan to save countless thousands of lives, did that make us evil? I think not.

If you used force lightning to kill off a dark jedi and thus saved lives, does that make you evil?

I use my own moral filter when playing this game, not the GL pre-fabricated one!

To each his own :)

"It all depends on your point of view"--Obi-Wan

lukeiamyourdad
08-12-2004, 07:38 PM
1)Man, GL has really brainwashed you guys. Think for yourselves. I am thinking outside the GL realm of Star Wars.

2)Because we nuked Japan to save countless thousands of lives, did that make us evil? I think not.

3)If you used force lightning to kill off a dark jedi and thus saved lives, does that make you evil?

4)I use my own moral filter when playing this game, not the GL pre-fabricated one!

To each his own :)

"It all depends on your point of view"--Obi-Wan

1-No he did not.

2-On one side, yes, you did nuke civilian populations. On the other, it was the only shortcut to end the war. Japan would never have surrendered and millions more would have died.

3-But you used anger and hate. What if you end up saving a few lives but turning to the dark side yourself? In the end, you saved no one.

4-Of course you do. You wouldn't properly play the game if you didn't.

Achilles
08-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Man, GL has really brainwashed you guys. Think for yourselves. I am thinking outside the GL realm of Star Wars.

Interesting that you are blaming GL for thousands of years of enculturation. The moral and ethical situations exemplified in the Star Wars movies have existed in almost every singly belief system that we have record of. I'm glad to hear that you are able to think for yourself, but do not be so quick to pass off people who hold opposing opinions as being "brainwashed". You may be shocked to find how much your perspective changes as you mature.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

nacho35
08-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Interesting that you are blaming GL for thousands of years of enculturation. The moral and ethical situations exemplified in the Star Wars movies have existed in almost every singly belief system that we have record of. I'm glad to hear that you are able to think for yourself, but do not be so quick to pass off people who hold opposing opinions as being "brainwashed". You may be shocked to find how much your perspective changes as you mature.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

I wasn't trying to start some philosophical /religious debate here and I certainly was not attacking anyone for their opinions.

I am not blaming GL and fully realize his jedi morality is most closely associated with the more admirable characteristics of religion. Also I believe (correct me if I am wrong) the sith were based on the Nazi regime according to a Q & A with the bioware developers.

My "brainwash" statement was in part jest. :) I say that because I am not going to get too serious about anything on these forums...because at the end of the day, this is just a game! :p

On the other hand, I merely was stating my opinions on GL's view of the Force in relation to his very strict adherence to good vs. evil. Key word was opinion

The joke part was in response to the myriad of direct Star Wars quotes relating to the force. I just pictured Yoda typing the response! :)

If I offended anyone with that word then I apologize.

You may be shocked to find out how much your perspective changes as you mature

Not exactly sure what you mean here? Unfortunately, because of my great interest in Star Wars, I am probably one of the older individuals perusing these forums! :D

...old enough that my beliefs/morals/religion and perspectives are pretty much set. ;)

kome566
08-14-2004, 07:13 PM

Maybe hes a Jedi..Or maybe even a Sith! Brainwashing ppl :D

On-Topic: Well we all have our unique opinions thats for sure,some ppl will see where other ppl r coming from and some will not (Not saying you werent seeing other ppl's PoV Nacho :rolleyes: )

(PoV=Point of View :D )

Achilles
08-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Glad to hear that all was in jest. Sure didn't come across that way, but I realize that sometimes happens when dealing with the written word :)

nacho35
08-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Glad to hear that all was in jest. Sure didn't come across that way, but I realize that sometimes happens when dealing with the written word :)

Most was in jest. Thanks for reading. :)

Just as others would not want me to force my beliefs and opinions on them, I felt like it was being done to me....hence my response which might have been taken the wrong way.

Anyway, just to keep everything in perspective, and I hope I don't get attacked here :D ...The Star Wars Universe (this game included) is just fiction and this forum is just about a game.

:violin: Don't shoot me! :violin:

NoraleeHall
08-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Darth Amenophis
Perhaps these sith are truly the Sith'Ari spoken of in the original KOTOR on Korriban in the Sith Academy.
I always thought that Darth Revan was actually the Sith'ari of Sith legends ; that's how I always played my character as. I also went and invented a long backstory for my character. Anyone interested in a short synopsis of this backstory can find it posted at http://clubs.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5460688 .