PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Conversation

JofaGuht
07-24-2004, 01:29 AM
There's a lot of favorite quote threads, but what about your favorite conversation? It's a hard choice, I do like the first conversation with Eva. Even though it isn't really a convo, I do like saying stuff to Bowsley and making him freak out.

Chepito, Velasco, Charlie are all great ones to talk to.

And there's something I love about the one with Membrillo, the coroner.

You guys?

VampireNaomi
07-24-2004, 05:55 AM
There are two favourites and I can't pick one. Firstly, I love the conversation Manny has with Domino in the first year. I play through every possible line every time I play GF.

And then I love the conversation between Manny and Nick in High Roller's Lounge. There is just something in Nick, the atmosphere and the lines... I love it. I can hear Manny's opening line in my ears every time I listen to the Gambling Glottis theme.

Expert Player
07-30-2004, 05:38 PM
In year one at the parade...

Manny "My kid, uhh, wants another balloon animal."

Clown "Oh gese what now!"

Manny "A dead worm?"

Clown "those are my specialty"
*hands manny a deflated balloon*

Sallim
07-31-2004, 06:01 AM
LOL the conversetion with the clown in year one ^_^

My beloved conversetion is between Sal and Manny in the LSA ;)

But there are so much =)

fook_yu
08-15-2004, 08:48 PM
My Favorite quote (not the exact words because I translate them from french)

Manny to Domino (Year One): How do you make to lick the boots of the Don Copal, you do not have a tongue?

Eva to Manny (Year One): You try to move me away from my office to make a garland with my paper clips. (not sure of the word garland... Well, to attach all the paper clips together)

Eva to Manny (Year One, in the secret base): Eva: Walk or Die!
Manny: But I already...
Eva: Well, WALK!

(This one is a little bit better for French people.. Why? Marche ou Crève (Walk or Die) is the name, in French, of Bruce Willis' movie DieHard.)

JofaGuht
08-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by fook_yu
My Favorite quote (not the exact words because I translate them from french)

Manny to Domino (Year One): How do you make to lick the boots of the Don Copal, you do not have a tongue?

Eva to Manny (Year One): You try to move me away from my office to make a garland with my paper clips. (not sure of the word garland... Well, to attach all the paper clips together)

Eva to Manny (Year One, in the secret base): Eva: Walk or Die!
Manny: But I already...
Eva: Well, WALK!

(This one is a little bit better for French people.. Why? Marche ou Crève (Walk or Die) is the name, in French, of Bruce Willis' movie DieHard.)

Did you play a translation? The "walk or die" thing seems like a completely different joke (The original one went, "Join or Die!" "But I'm already" "AGAIN!") Hmm, perhaps there is different and perhaps funny unheard dialogue in translated conversations?

I would totally find out were it not for me being an arrogant American thinking one language is good enough...

Shuz
08-16-2004, 03:56 AM
It's not really a conversation but i loved the joining the Sea bee strike,

"hell no we won't work!"
"bogan is a big fat jerk!" etc

also Carla's life story,

"Have you ever eaten bark? It's really not that bad"

James Isaac
08-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Yeah, my favourite conversation was Carla's life story too. That was funny ;).

Alia
08-17-2004, 02:53 AM
The conversation between Manny and Hector in the greenhouse is my personal favorite, if I had to pick one.

Captain Gonzo
08-17-2004, 08:57 AM
It's got perhaps the best dialogue in a game ever, so it's hard to pick out any one conversation. Some that spring to mind:

- Membrillo is a great character to talk to, and his poem when you finish with him is pretty neat.
- Carla's story
- Manny with Nick outside Rubacava jail (when he punches him)
- All the stuff with Chepito.
- Manny with Celso and his wife in Hector's tower (Manny the salesman has still got it)
- Manny and Hector in Manny's old office.
- At the end, Glottis and then Meche. Saying goodbye to Glottis is a genuinely touching moment, and the final lines with Meche just give the story wonderful closure. It's such a great ending.

Ck
08-17-2004, 10:02 AM
I always like the convo between Manny and Olivia in the Blue Casket, and the poems are well funny!