PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favourite MI character?

sith_master2000
07-24-2004, 07:17 AM
My favourite would have to be LeChuck and his insanley low IQ. Yeah well at any rate LeChuck rules over Monkey Island and he always will no matter what anyone says!

Joshi
07-24-2004, 12:38 PM
You do know that people will kill you for not putting in Largo.
but whatever, I voted for Murray anyway.

Lecter 66
07-24-2004, 02:40 PM
i actually liked the Voodoo Lady, she always helps out and she has a gd sense of humour

rundll32.exe
07-26-2004, 03:34 AM
Guybrush's middle name is Marley?!

Skinkie
07-26-2004, 01:09 PM
I was torn between Guybrush and Murray.

Joshi
07-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by rundll32.exe
Guybrush's middle name is Marley?!

No, according to EMI, it's something completely different, but I can't remember (try drinking the can of grog). I think he's meant to have taken on Elaine's second name when they got married or something, wich makes no sense whatsoever, but whatever.

MrManager
07-26-2004, 07:00 PM
It's quite common for the groom to take the bride's last name like that actually.

sith_master2000
07-27-2004, 04:01 AM
In EMI the credits actually say Guybrush Marley Threepwood and Elaine Marley Threepwood. That's why I put them in.

Joshi
07-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Understood.

smokes o' pot
07-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Guybrush made me laugh the most so I have to vote for him. . . . .Largo rules though!

Das Mole
07-28-2004, 09:46 PM
my fave was...

the voodoo lady! i like her. except in the first one she looked like a man b/c of the shadow under her chin...it looked like a beard. so i was always like "wtf? is this a guy or a girl?" but the shadow didn't look attached to her face...it looked droopy like wally's beard in the beginning of mi3...kinda.

Joshi
07-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Das Mole
my fave was...

the voodoo lady! i like her. except in the first one she looked like a man b/c of the shadow under her chin...it looked like a beard. so i was always like "wtf? is this a guy or a girl?" but the shadow didn't look attached to her face...it looked droopy like wally's beard in the beginning of mi3...kinda.

So I wasn't the only one! first MI game I played was SOMI and I was with a friend at the time and for some reason, I just thought it was a guy, I don't know why, maybe I was stupid. But I just thought it was a guy. not being able to get my hands on MI2, I played MI3 next and found her to be a woman and that's when I realised I was being an idiot!

Das Mole
07-29-2004, 03:11 PM
yeah, did she ever say anything in the first game like "i am the voodoo lady", b/c even if she did, i still thought it was a he-she or something. and then in mi2, i think the shadow went away and that's when i was like "oh it's a chick", except it was still kinda weird. and then in the third game she actually called herself a voodoo priestess...and she didn't have a freakin shadow-beard anymore.

Dr Edison 007
07-29-2004, 07:59 PM
I always thought she was a women since her breasts seemed to be to big for a man.

And my favourite character is Wally. He should get his own game and Bob Balaban should do his voice.

Das Mole
07-30-2004, 03:49 PM
::

i never said i thought she was a man, i said that i wondered if she was a man or a woman. b/c of that beard-shadow.

Dr Edison 007
07-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Oh, sorry.

DrDras23
08-06-2004, 02:25 PM
I was torn between Guybrush and Stan. Stan is such a funny guy, and I picture him as like the perfect salesman. its great how he waves his arms around. But i had to vote for guybrush, he is just so love-able and funny too. I also like largo too!

Erik Andrew
08-07-2004, 12:18 PM
I like all of the characters, all of 'em are pretty cool.

Udvarnoky
08-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Mark me down on the list of people who thought that the Voodoo Lady was a man during their first run of MI1.

whatnowdaniel
09-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Otis! In MI4!

"Make the bad man go away!"

Taffy3Rock
09-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Well, voted for Mr. Threepwood. But I. Cheese wins the award for Most Childishly-Amusing Name In An MI Game! :)

sith_master2000
09-06-2004, 12:13 AM
I have to agree that Mr. Cheese's name is the funniest/oddest name in the history of humour! :D

Joshi
09-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Mr Cheese is the owner of a bar called the Bucket in Ankh Morpork, on the Discworld, established in Men at Arms, long before EMI.

Coincidense?

Probably!

Skinkie
09-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Aye?

aethra
09-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Wasn't Guybrush's middle name Ulysses or something Greek like that? Could be wrong, often am.

NHJ BV
09-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Oh, that. I do not believe that is his genuine middle name, I always thought it was just a nickname Elaine gave him.

Evil Dark Jedi
10-07-2004, 07:46 PM
I like Guybrush. I love the name.

masterdebator
10-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Favorite characters,

Lemonhead is my all time favorite
Rapp Scallion,
Herman Toothrot is also cool.

ramy
10-12-2004, 02:05 AM
man it was a tough choice between Guybrush and Murray. Guybrush has always been there and I loved him. But when Murray came along and kept popping up at random times throughout CMI, he was hilarious.....so I picked Murray.

The Bard
11-11-2004, 11:24 AM
LeChuck is a very interesting character. I lik'im because he represents what a real pirate of the 17th century would have been! Not because he is undead but because he is foul smeling, and arrogant to all. He is the scum of this earth. :Pir1: :sweating:

The Bard
11-12-2004, 03:14 PM
VANHELGEN ROCKS!!!!

Cowgirl_KC
11-30-2004, 01:44 PM
http://www.scummbar.com//resources/downloads/images/stan.gif

:stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan:

I love that crazy Stan . . . and laughed my guts out in his famous appearance in MI3 when we open up that coffin and let him out (Good God, how long was he in there for??? *laughing*). I'm a business major and I always get a kick outta' him because he represents the vast majority of my counterparts. I feel like introducing myself to them as the anti-Stan, but they would never get the joke . . . . ahhhh, good ol Stan, always there when you need him, always there when you're in a bind! Be it life insurance, used coffins, or some other scheme, he just never makes any money . . . . this girl will always love her Stan and his moving arms and stationary plad . . . .

JawaJoey
12-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Murray is awesome, very awesome, but I have to say the Guybrush tops my list. As funny as anyone else is, Guybrush still has that personal connection to me. He says stuff to me that he says to no one else, things like, "I'm not picking that up." And he's just a funny, clever guy.

I never really liked the voodoo lady. Lechuck rocks, but I don't agree with "insanely low IQ." He's quite smart. He's not a genius (what pirate is?), but he's got the evil villain brilliant scheme thing going on in all the games.

Elaine, though always desirable, being the tempting pirate princess she is, is a "I'm more mature than you, but you're cute" girl in the first game, a "I hate you" girl in the second game, a "I'm solid gold and the only time i actually talk I have a british accent for some ridiculous reason," girl, and in the last game she's a "Haha, you're stupid, but I still wuv you" girl. No personalities I find appealing enough to make her a favorite.

The whole Guybrush Marley thing I think is no more than a joke from in the game where several times (the SCUMM bar) he is accidentally addressed as Mr. Marley. Poor Guybrush.

OOH! And Meathook. He rocks. Two hooks, one kick*** tatoo, and an artistic side.

SpasmTheCat
12-13-2004, 05:21 AM
Hiya all, I'm new here, but I am a die-hard Monkey Island fan!

I kind of like Lemon Head and Kenny myself, but I've voted for Guybrush because I've played the games so much, he feels like one of my best mates!

BTW, did anyone watching 'Pirates of the Caribbean' notice the shot near the beginning of the sea fort with the ship unloading?
It was almost exactly the same view as the scene where Guybrush lands at Puerto Pollo in MI3!
(Please ignore me if this has been mentioned before! :rolleyes: )