PDA

View Full Version : Jaden's face?


guybroom
07-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Is there any plan of another Jedi Knight game? Because if there is, then what will Jaden look like? At least with Kyle and people they were pre made and looked how they looked, but now it is weird.

And nobady say there won't be a new game, because clearly there will be, have none of you played the dark side ending?

Ace-_Ventura
07-24-2004, 07:49 PM
last time i heard about the next jk game was that it would be made in quake 4 engine and would be out in 2005(i don't believe that will be release in 2005 since quake 4 will be release in 2005)

edit: btw jaden don't exist on star wars universe neither the story of jedi academy so it must be forgotten

_PerfectAgent_
07-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Actually, Quake IV (developed by Raven Software) will run on the DooM 3 engine, not on a new Quake IV engine.

Ace-_Ventura
07-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_
Actually, Quake IV (developed by Raven Software) will run on the DooM 3 engine, not on a new Quake IV engine. yeah but jk can't be on doom 3(argh ctf 2 vs 2 lol) so we have to wait until quake 4 is finished

Rumor
07-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Ace-_Ventura
yeah but jk can't be on doom 3(argh ctf 2 vs 2 lol) so we have to wait until quake 4 is finished

its not limited to that by necessity, its by design. they are leaving mp evolution up to the modding community.

Crow_Nest
07-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Ace-_Ventura
last time i heard about the next jk game was that it would be made in quake 4 engine and would be out in 2005(i don't believe that will be release in 2005 since quake 4 will be release in 2005)

Um, but i never heard of such thing? Any links?

Ace-_Ventura
07-24-2004, 11:49 PM
i would give if i remember..

Rumor
07-25-2004, 01:13 AM
the next jk game will not be here in 2005. Raven is working on Q4 and will not work on any project until it is finished. 2006 at the earliest would be more reasonable.

Ace-_Ventura
07-25-2004, 11:02 AM
yeah, but still i would prefer 2007 for at least they get some time to made a decent game this time

Sam Fisher
07-25-2004, 05:31 PM
If they make another JK game, I want it good, not another game like JA. (JA was too rushed in production)

Prime
07-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Ace-_Ventura
yeah, but still i would prefer 2007 for at least they get some time to made a decent game this time Why not wait until 2057? Then it will be teh best game ever! :)

Ace-_Ventura
07-27-2004, 04:20 PM
u want a game made in 1 year? jka was made in 2 and you can see the problems. bugs on maps,bad code and many other things..

Mono_Giganto
07-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Ace-_Ventura
u want a game made in 1 year? jka was made in 2 and you can see the problems. bugs on maps,bad code and many other things..

That's why I agree with Prime. :) Would make a great game.

Prime
07-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Ace-_Ventura
u want a game made in 1 year? jka was made in 2 and you can see the problems. bugs on maps,bad code and many other things.. I know what you are saying, but I don't really want to wait 4 or 5 years between games...

Just me. But then again, I was happy enough with JA...

Tyler_Durden
07-28-2004, 01:30 PM
I think they should hand development duties over to the guys who are making repulic commando, that game looks awesome and it looks like they are really spending a lot of time on it to make sure it's the best it can be. Plus what they've done with the unreal engine could be easily ported over to accomdate a jedi game just with tweaks to make for control of a saber. Has anyone seen the long kashyyk trailer? The environments look real.

Obi_Kwiet
07-28-2004, 08:56 PM
It dosen't have to be about Jaden though... Jaden was in one of them and Kyle was in 3. He's relay the hero of the series. Plus JA isn't realy JK3 if I remember correctly from one of the dev. dairys. It's more of a Mots. I'd reather JK3 be on the Source engine that the Doom 3 engine. I get the fealing that Source will be more easilly modded. Still, Lucas knows best. *Major sarcasm here*

Rumor
07-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
It dosen't have to be about Jaden though... Jaden was in one of them and Kyle was in 3. He's relay the hero of the series. Plus JA isn't realy JK3 if I remember correctly from one of the dev. dairys. It's more of a Mots. I'd reather JK3 be on the Source engine that the Doom 3 engine. I get the fealing that Source will be more easilly modded. Still, Lucas knows best. *Major sarcasm here*

HL engine = quake 1&2 mixed with additions and modifications.

Source = modified and updated hl engine.

doom3 engine is by far better on the graphics side than source, not to mention it is an id creation (therefore we don't have bull**** bugs like the last client bug in hl engine) and is easily moddable + has great things like strafejumping.

acdcfanbill
07-29-2004, 12:10 AM
i liked UT's light better than Q3, but for Doom3, carmack went all out. the Lighting in D3 just takes the cake, nothign like it out there that i have ever seen.

Tinny
07-29-2004, 12:02 PM
what about if we used ut2003 engine or maybe even q3 but make the maps and missions ridiculously HUGE. like one map would be about 20 % of the death star.

MuRaSaMuNe
07-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
what about if we used ut2003 engine or maybe even q3 but make the maps and missions ridiculously HUGE. like one map would be about 20 % of the death star.

The q3 engine wouldn't be able to handle that and even if it could you would have to walk loooooooooooooooong distances to encounter enemies and that'd be pretty boring and then they'd have to make better net code so it can support more people to make the massive maps enjoyable..... yea, it'd be a huge mess.


Playing a jk game on the Doom 3 engine would be insane. I'm sure the D3 engine will have the same (if not, better) physics system as Source so they could do some slick environmental interations with the force with it. Hell, even 4 player jk game on the D3 engine will be enjoyable (jk1 all over again :p MSN Gaming Zone time ;) )

Prime
07-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe
Hell, even 4 player jk game on the D3 engine will be enjoyable It would likely get rid of all the RPGing, if nothing else.

acdcfanbill
07-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
...ridiculously HUGE. like one map would be about 20 % of the death star.

haha, i remimber the uproar the load times for JK2 caused. if you somehow got the engine to support a map with that much stuff in it, it woudl take forever to load ;) Q3 is old tech, best to move on :D

edit: oh yea, i wish people would stop acting like the Doom3 engine can only support 4 players. Its fully capeable of MP with as many or more players than q3. id said it was leaving big games of D3 up to modders, and of course, Q4 will be using D3 as its engine so i suppose that it will support many players also ;)

Ace-_Ventura
07-29-2004, 04:40 PM
yeah q3 engine is over, time to move on

Rumor
07-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
haha, i remimber the uproar the load times for JK2 caused. if you somehow got the engine to support a map with that much stuff in it, it woudl take forever to load ;) Q3 is old tech, best to move on :D

edit: oh yea, i wish people would stop acting like the Doom3 engine can only support 4 players. Its fully capeable of MP with as many or more players than q3. id said it was leaving big games of D3 up to modders, and of course, Q4 will be using D3 as its engine so i suppose that it will support many players also ;)

its called people need to get something other than their 5 year old rigs they used for cs to run the game well. i never had any problems with the load times, and they were often less than 10 seconds, hell under 5 for /reconnects and map changes.

Prime
07-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Rumor
i never had any problems with the load times Nor I. And my machine isn't exactly state of the art. People complaining about that must have real **** boxes.

MuRaSaMuNe
07-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Prime
It would likely get rid of all the RPGing, if nothing else.

Not necessairly, there were still RPG games in jk1 and it was 4 player. There were even RPG mods such as Barons Hed RPG. There was even a universal "fists = peace" rule that a lot of people attempted to uphold.

edit: Actually, it would at least get rid of the games where people are sitting around the level doing jack and just chatting.

_PerfectAgent_
07-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Funny, I've played eight player JK games.....

MuRaSaMuNe
07-30-2004, 05:14 PM
The 4 player limit was just set up by the MSN Gaming Zone but you could alt tab out to cheat the system if you want.

Ace-_Ventura
07-30-2004, 07:04 PM
did u ever tried to play the "siege beta" of jk2? with the first map made for it? 20 mb's was the size of the pk3 and it took so long to load it.

shukrallah
07-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Ace-_Ventura
u want a game made in 1 year? jka was made in 2 and you can see the problems. bugs on maps,bad code and many other things..

Dude.. JK2 is 2 years old. I seriously doubt they started work on JA, the day after JK2 hit store shelves. Think about it, JK2 came out in March 2002. JA came out in september 2003. Thats about a year and a half between games. Like I said, I doubt they started making JA directly after JK2. JA is just a huge TC with a pretty box :)


I was very pleased with Jedi Academy. I still am, and hey, maybe someone will make some extreme mods between now, and 2005. JA isnt even a year old, If they are working/planning a new JK game, then we wont here about it for a while. (It will be just my luck that they announce a new JK game tomorrow) :D

_PerfectAgent_
07-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe
The 4 player limit was just set up by the MSN Gaming Zone but you could alt tab out to cheat the system if you want.
That's what I always did. :D (Eight player CTF/Jedi Ball rules!)

El Sitherino
08-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Why not wait until 2057? Then it will be teh best game ever! :) hell yeah! 2057 = Best year ever!

anyway, I agree JA is like just one giant expansion pack, but a fun one, with lots of possiblities. :D

if jaden is even involved in a next JK game it will probably be that you just recreate your character.

jedispy
08-19-2004, 02:14 AM
Honestly, I hope Jaden is not in the next game. I would like to see Rosh with a storyline.

Another Mara Jade story would be cool too.

One other thought. I always thought it would be cool to not only be able to select your missions in order, like in JA, but also to select your character and their own set of missions.

Player characers could be Jan, Kyle (heck why not?), Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker (it's getting to be about that timeframe for Star Wars: Union anway), Han Solo, or even the Solo kids.

Who knows, maybe we could have a boring-ass level where Leia lays the smack down in those droll New Republic Senate meetings! TIME FOR CAPITAL PUNISHMENT B*TCH!!!!

Oh wait, nevermind.

Aradorn
08-19-2004, 11:28 PM
I agree with InsaneSith about what they'll probably do with Jaden. I think (key word, think, I'm not positive) that Obsidian is doing the same thing for Revan in KOTOR II, just let you pick what he/she looks like.

But then again...that would make sense...so they probably wont do it.

Kurgan
08-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Why not wait until 2057? Then it will be teh best game ever! :)

Whoa! So it'll be out before Duke Nukem Forever? :)


HL2's engine is just a modified version of HL's engine?
Whoa! Oooolllld!


Then again, UT2k4 uses a modified version of UT2k3/Unreal II, modified from UT modified from Unreal... ; )


Seriously though there has been no official information about any Jedi Knight sequels thus far, it's all been speculation. There haven't been any official rumors (oxymoron, I know), just people saying what they wish would happen.

El Sitherino
08-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Sith wants Mara Jade!

Sabretooth
08-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Jedi Academy was just like a fanfic, or a fangame. Nothing related to the real deal, just something that popped into the Storywriter's mind.

El Sitherino
08-20-2004, 11:33 AM
*tries to find the relevancy in that*

Mara Jade!