PDA

View Full Version : Light/Dark side mastery!


Wolfed
07-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Hiya folks... I was wondering if anyone would know the exact beenfits of reaching Light/Dark side mastery? Other than, of course, that your force powers differ in cost...

FiEND_138
07-24-2004, 06:39 PM
This boards for discussion about K2: TSL. This would be better suited in Republic Newsfeed or the Padawans Lounge.

To answer your question, I'm not the most knowledgeable about this, doesn't it boost attributes depending on your alignment & class? As I said I'm not too sure, but I think I read something about boosted attributes being part of mastery :confused:

Welcome to the boards.

Burrie
07-24-2004, 08:29 PM
The Official Strategy guide has the following to say : First off, your bonus depends on your class as well.

For Light Side Mastery, you get the following benefits...

Consular : +3 Charisma
Guardian : +3 Strength
Sentinel : +3 Constitution

For Dark Side Master, you get the following benefits...

Consular : +50 Force Points
Guardian : +1d8 damage
Sentinel : Immunity - Poison

Mav
07-25-2004, 03:53 AM
the Sentinel Bonuses really aren't worth it are they....:lol:

RedHawke
07-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
the Sentinel Bonuses really aren't worth it are they....:lol:

Actually none of then really are that great. :D

Aleggy
08-09-2004, 04:12 PM
i hope they improve them for kotor2

lukeiamyourdad
08-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Actually they're pretty good. Except for Light Side Guardian and Dark Side Consular(who needs plus 3 to strengh or immunity to poison?!).

The rest are pretty useful. +3 Charisma is good, +3 Constitution provides a small but welcome bonus to your health. They're all pretty good.

Achilles
08-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Aleggy
i hope they improve them for kotor2

What would you suggest? I personally thought that three extra attribute points was pretty cool.

I agree that the DS Sentinel bonus was kinda lame though.

kome566
08-09-2004, 11:23 PM
I hope they add more jedi classes! :D maybe a jedi shapeshifter :p

Achilles
08-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by kome566
I hope they add more jedi classes! :D maybe a jedi shapeshifter :p

So far the only new jedi classes that they've announced are the prestige classes. Not sure how many more would fit. Besides they have to leave something for KotORIII :c3po:

nacho35
08-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Will U get to choose the prestige classes at the beginning of the game or somewhere in the middle?

Achilles
08-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
Will U get to choose the prestige classes at the beginning of the game or somewhere in the middle?

You'll start off as one of the Jedi classes from KT:I. At some point in the game (probably about the same point as you became a jedi in the first game), you'll select one of the prestige classes. Above and beyond that, I don't know a whole bunch.

I hope that helps.

nacho35
08-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I am trying not to think about KOTOR II too much. I don't want to get too excited.

kome566
08-10-2004, 08:15 PM
I dont mean to be stupid or anything but whats prestige mean??:confused: :jawa

Achilles
08-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by kome566
I dont mean to be stupid or anything but whats prestige mean??:confused: :jawa

From http://www.merriamwebster.com/

Main Entry: pres·tige
Pronunciation: pre-'stEzh, -'stEj
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French, from Middle French, conjuror's trick, illusion, from Latin praestigiae, plural, conjuror's tricks, from praestringere to graze, blunt, constrict, from prae- + stringere to bind tight -- more at STRAIN
1 : standing or estimation in the eyes of people : weight or credit in general opinion
2 : commanding position in people's minds
synonym see INFLUENCE

Basically it means "improved" or "elite"

kome566
08-14-2004, 07:23 PM
O_o thx achilles. You r0x0rz :D Now i feel smart... :rolleyes: :p

RedHawke
08-15-2004, 03:51 AM
^^^^
The prestiege classes are simply going to Rule! :D

FiEND_138
08-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Agreed. Jedi Master...... O Yeah!!!!!11

Morgan_Hearst
08-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi all

Is there any word on whether the PrCs will be complusary? I know that in NWN the PrCs were optional plus you had to meet specific requirements before they were an option.

I had a dig around the Wizards of the Coast website and found the PrC Jedi Master detailed there

Jedi Master (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20020613b)

Not all of it will be relevant, of course, but it may give an insight to what we can expect. On the reqirements they say:

Requirements
To qualify to become a Jedi Master, a character must fulfill the following criteria. Jedi Level: 7th or higher (see below).
Skills: See Force 6 ranks, plus 20 total ranks in other Force skills.
Special: To qualify for this prestige class, a character must either take on a Padawan Learner, or possess 13 or more Jedi class levels.


What do you think?

Achilles
08-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst
Hi all

Is there any word on whether the PrCs will be complusary? I know that in NWN the PrCs were optional plus you had to meet specific requirements before they were an option.

I had a dig around the Wizards of the Coast website and found the PrC Jedi Master detailed there

Jedi Master (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20020613b)

Not all of it will be relevant, of course, but it may give an insight to what we can expect. On the reqirements they say:


What do you think?

I imagine that taking on a PrC will be part of the game's critical path. I don't know if it will come as early in the game as it did in KotOR, but we'll just have to wait and see.

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
I imagine that taking on a PrC will be part of the game's critical path. I don't know if it will come as early in the game as it did in KotOR, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Being the game is going to be about your choice effecting the galaxy, I think the Prestiege Classes will be mandantory as well.

I also hope they are not going to have a level cap, Obsidian was talking about this at some point, and that was one of the options. I just can't for the life of me find where I read it!!! Drat!!!

Achilles
08-16-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Being the game is going to be about your choice effecting the galaxy, I think the Prestiege Classes will be mandantory as well.

I also hope they are not going to have a level cap, Obsidian was talking about this at some point, and that was one of the options. I just can't for the life of me find where I read it!!! Drat!!!

Dumb question:

Did you search the Obsidian TSL forums?

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Dumb question:

Did you search the Obsidian TSL forums?

I think I read that in one of the threads there. That not having a cap was something they were looking at.

Morgan_Hearst
08-16-2004, 06:00 AM
QUOTE]I think I read that in one of the threads there. That not having a cap was something they were looking at.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've seen that too. I think they are toying with the idea of having the level you can reach more like BG2, in that the total amount of xp availabvle in the game will determine an effective level cap rather than the NWN/KOTOR hard level cap.

Either way, from what I have read, its looking like somewhere between 30 and 40.

Achilles
08-16-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst
Yeah, I've seen that too. I think they are toying with the idea of having the level you can reach more like BG2, in that the total amount of xp availabvle in the game will determine an effective level cap rather than the NWN/KOTOR hard level cap.

Either way, from what I have read, its looking like somewhere between 30 and 40.

If that's the case, then I seriously hope they add more levels to their buff AI scripts. KotOR only had 2 (levels 12 and 15 IIRC) and it didn't seem like enough. Talchia's hardcore mod had 3, but the jumps were pretty big by the time you got to level 16.

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
If that's the case, then I seriously hope they add more levels to their buff AI scripts. KotOR only had 2 (levels 12 and 15 IIRC) and it didn't seem like enough. Talchia's hardcore mod had 3, but the jumps were pretty big by the time you got to level 16.

I'm sure they will... hell with the way the scripting language is in the game they might just have the game spawn enemies that are more proportionate to your current party level, and that would most definately solve that problem.

And it would be a very cool thing to have happening when we play through as well! :D