PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating problem

Druid Allanon
07-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Yo, guys. I have a problem specially directed to you computer experts out there:

My comp has just been reinstalled. However, whenever I try to play JA or other games, the particular game will freeze while I'm playing halfway. When the game's frozen, no matter what button I press, nothing will work. The only feasible solution is to restart the computer. I've had this problem for quite a number of days already, and it's really frustrating for me because I can't play my games. The thing is, the computer doesn't freeze if I don't go into a game. As a result, I can only surf the web and stuff. =/

Does anyone have a solution to this? If so, please post here. Thanks. :)

Darth Rythe
07-25-2004, 08:21 AM
My comp used to do that all the time.

So, I BOUGHT A PS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But now it doesn't do it:p

EDIT: Posts = Year:D

Sabretooth
07-27-2004, 06:01 AM
Your DirectX drivers may need upgrading/reinstalling or your computer might have decided to suddenly start getting heated up.

Otherwise, put on bright green shirts and bright pink pants and reformat/reinstall your PC-eh!

Sivy
07-27-2004, 06:07 AM
if you go to 'start' 'run' then type in 'dxdiag' then you can see if any of you're current drivers are not compatible with direct X, this would cause your computer to hang during games.

edlib
07-27-2004, 06:30 AM
I was getting a similar problem after installing a new Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Z2 card.
Nothing I tried worked.

I switched to a Turtle Beach card and the problem went away.

Damn Creative and thier shoddy drivers and bus-hogging hardware!!!! :mad:

(The card sounded frikken' great when I wasn't playing games though. :( )

acdcfanbill
07-27-2004, 12:05 PM
well to reinstall JA he would have had to install dx9. it checks for that if i remimber correctly. i would do a windows update, and make sure you have the latest drivers for you vid card, and motherboard, and any other cards you have plugged in.

edlib
07-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Brand-spankin'-new Direct X Runtime (9.0c) out today.

Get it here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2924.html