PDA

View Full Version : [KOTOR] Reign Of The Sith Mod Is Out

Pages : [1] 2

Doc Valentine
07-25-2004, 04:59 AM
Ok well I have released the Beta version of my mod Reign of the sith. Yea i know, took me long enough. This beta features manaan durring the take over. I tested it and it is HARD so kick but with a high level character. There is a readme that explains most of it. I personally like it and it is my first release to the public so please send me feedback.

You can download it at the IE website http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com/

BTW this will be the thread where I post info on my mod from now on and Making a new mod thread will be where I post questions for my mod to Darth333 and others. Yoko will fill you all in with other stuff.

Mav
07-25-2004, 05:27 AM
Well for feedback I have to say that your readme is very uninformative. You should consider that many people who download the mod may not know too much about modding. I know at least a fair bit about modding and I don't know how to get to Manaan??, am I supposed to warp there after I beat Malak or something?? As a general....guideline, for lack of a better word, you should always include at least, installation of your mod, how to operate your mod and a brief description of your mod which I think you just referred to your thread here. Anyway I just thought that the readme was a bit uninformative.

Darth Dex
07-25-2004, 08:23 AM
All right!!!!, but wait when do i warp there.....hmm..help!

Anyways great mod a lot of hard work you finshed before I ddid and my mod was smaller your a great modder, whats your next project going to be?

Doc Valentine
07-25-2004, 01:27 PM
I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY I forgot. Just type Warp manm26ad1 at your last save.

Thanks for the feedback I updated the readme with your stuff and I have updated the website too. Sorry once again. First time modding here.

Doc Valentine
07-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
All right!!!!, but wait when do i warp there.....hmm..help!

Anyways great mod a lot of hard work you finshed before I ddid and my mod was smaller your a great modder, whats your next project going to be?
Darth dex, I havnt finished the mod yet, just manaan, and even that isnt finished. It says BETA, not full version to anyone elso who missconstrued the fact. Good hunting.

aluuan
07-25-2004, 04:57 PM
that siite link is dead

Yoko
07-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by aluuan
that siite link is dead

Check it again, its back. There was some kind of problem with the provider. Its back now. Please people post some feedback.

Colma Adawin
07-25-2004, 06:07 PM
thats an excellent beta, you two should be proud of that you guys and gals :p

cant wait till the full version comes out now i've had the side dish :p

MattCole

StormTrooper789
07-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Why did you put the modules in a subdirectory called Manaan in the zip file? The game won't recognize them if people extract them and not pay attention. I am just going to extract it to my modules folder after i remove them from that subdir.

Glamador
07-27-2004, 01:13 AM
link dead...

stingerhs
07-27-2004, 01:27 AM
hmm, i think a few 2 many people wanted 2 try out your mod. did ya post it @ pcgamemods?? that may work better.

kevlet
07-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Great beta mod, can't wait for the whole thing. One thing that sucked for me is because my hard drive was recently wiped I've just had to restart the game and I havn't played it alot so I'm still on tarris and I havn't got lightsabres or anything... soo its not as effective for me.

StormTrooper789
07-27-2004, 09:56 AM
I know that this is a beta, but did anyone else notice how EMPTY Mannan looks? Population must be nearing 0. :D

Doc Valentine
07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
I know that this is a beta, but did anyone else notice how EMPTY Mannan looks? Population must be nearing 0. :D
This is durring a take over, they are shipping everybody off:D

Yoko
07-27-2004, 07:57 PM
I don't mean to revoke someone's critisism but isn't there anyone who wants to compliment Gsccc's mod. I saw him and he worked his butt off getting it out as soon as he did.

Darth Dex
07-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Hey, Yoko. Chill. We know GSCCC worked his butt off. Everyone loves his mod that goes without saying. You know what a BETA is? IT's iin testing so addice would be Things like can you add more people? PLease fix all spell, etc. At the final release he'll get all the mustard and chacker he earned.

Glamador
07-28-2004, 12:42 AM
i love the concept but i have 3 quarries with ur mod (i KNOW its still a beta, just givin my views on the BETA)...the dialogue could use some editting as the dialogue reads somewhat "robotic" imho...there arent any voices and if u need someone to help with that i would love to do some voice acting...the enemies are far too overpowered...even with cheats it took me forever (with three lvl 20 party members invincibility on and endless droid/force abilities)...sry...i mean really...it took me a full 30 minutes of hacking away at those jedi...it would be more fun if u just had several waves of ppl coming at u at timed intervals like in the star forge...its just not very fun to sit there while ur ppl endlessly whack a near invincible guy...

Colma Adawin
07-28-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Glamador
i love the concept but i have 3 quarries with ur mod (i KNOW its still a beta, just givin my views on the BETA)...all the dialogue is incredibly cheesy...there are no voices...the enemies are so ****ing overpowered that even with cheats it makes it boring, tedious, and bad...sry...i mean really...it took me a full 30 minutes of hacking away at those jedi...they kept using force heal whenever they got down to low health...and all my force powers (im a full dark consular at lvl 20 with invulnerability on) did basically nill (15-25, no more, no less)...grenades did 10 (plasma 18, detonators 30)...even with three characters endlessly bombarding them it took so ****ing long...it would be more fun if u just had several waves of ppl coming at u at timed intervals like in the star forge...its just not FUN to sit there while ur ppl endlessly whack a near invincible guy...it just isnt

i understand what your saying , BUT to have a near invinceable Jedi to kill, gives you self pride, in that you've killed a near impossible to kill enemy, but you did it, you killed him. as Gsccc is a member of Infinite Empires, i know how hard he worked on this project, im personally impressed that he managed to release the Manaan Beta this quickly.

MattCole

Mav
07-28-2004, 03:38 AM
Personally I haven't found an enemy I couldn't slay with ease I guess that is because my PC is on the JUICE and I'm using my own custom saber....LOL

Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
Personally I haven't found an enemy I couldn't slay with ease I guess that is because my PC is on the JUICE and I'm using my own custom saber....LOL
Now there is a real man. If it takes someone THAT long that you have to curse and bitch about it then you seriously need to think about upgrading your guy.;)

BTW Yoko hasnt finished the dialogue yet, TemporaryTomato knows what i mean. It will be less cheezy. And if you are going to give critisism try giving it in a less senceless manner.

Yoko
07-28-2004, 04:32 AM
love the concept but i have 3 quarries with ur mod
You start out nice and civilized.

)...all the dialogue is incredibly cheesy...there are no voices...the enemies are so
First of all, the dialogue is only cheezy because i haven't read it over yet. And for voice overs. I dont know about you but we dont exactly have thousands of Voice actors lining up to do the voices for people when they get no money.

the enemies are so ****ing overpowered that even with cheats it makes it boring, tedious, and bad...sry...i mean really...it took me a full 30 minutes of hacking away at those jedi...they kept using force heal whenever they got down to low health...and all my force powers (im a full dark consular at lvl 20 with invulnerability on) did basically nill (15-25, no more, no less)...grenades did 10 (plasma 18, detonators 30)...even with three characters endlessly bombarding them it took so ****ing long
The enemies were made to be hard so that we would avoid comments like "the enemies were too easy, most people didnt have this problem. And I have yet to see a "query".

it would be more fun if u just had several waves of ppl coming at u at timed intervals like in the star forge...its just not FUN to sit there while ur ppl endlessly whack a near invincible guy...it just isnt
What you consider fun has been done by only about umm 5000 people, so if YOU would like to submit a mod like that be our guest.

Mav
07-28-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
and you complain, but you dont really have the right to complain as YOU cant mod any thing compared to this, id think about that before replying

Careful now don't start a flame war. Besides give the guy a chance after all we did give you a chance to start modding right?

Edit: ^^^above post^^^

Look we all know how hard it is to make any mod and a whole new module is perhaps the hardest, I wouldn't know since I haven't done it, but lets please jsut forget about this guys complaints or "criticism" and just get back on topic - feedback for the mod. After all if you just keep verbally assaulting him that is all he is goign to do back, just drop it and let's get back on topic.

Yoko
07-28-2004, 05:13 AM
Since Gsccc has had a pretty heard day, I think I will say this. Gsccc has attempted something no one else has attempted. He is trying to make an expansion pack to a game of the year. From the beginning he has faced huge hardships but got over them. He has done a whole bunch of work and keeps up with a part time job, by part i mean 6 hours. He takes the time out of his day to make this mod, for one reason, he wants to make players happy. That is pretty admirable if you ask anyone. Gsccc deserves respect of a high degree, attemting a mod like this for your first time modding kotor is hard. I dont play kotor i just update his website and help him with the dialogue, but from what i have seen, this man has done a lot of work and it looks good. He needs our support and a darn lot of it. Kampher, for example is probably one of the most talked about reasons that Gsccc has kept going. I think Gsccc could use some support right now, lets show him that we care. Gsccc i give you a standing ovation.

TemporaryTomato
07-28-2004, 06:10 AM
Okay, I've just tried the mod, and it's good for a beta!

These are some things that I think would make it better
(I understand that it's still a beta, I'm merely giving my suggestions and opinions):

More people. It'd be nice if you actually fought alongside with sith soldiers as you fight your way to the republic base. :)

The enemies should be difficult, but not this difficult(IMO).
I can understand that you want this to be a challenge, but it's overdone.

For one thing, a republic soldier fighting with his bare hands should die within seconds of encountering the LORD OF THE SITH(hint- powerful ;))
Have loads of weaklings(soldiers), they are fun to kill!
Maybe like 20 or so soldiers on the way to the base, and 20 more there.

With the sith fighting at your side, I think it could be quite cinematic and cool!:)
Equip the soldiers with powerful blaster rifles that hurt, should kill in a couple of shots unless you have an energy shield(maybe something like 30-50 damage?). Now the weaklings can hurt you!
Makes it a challenge without overpowered enemies!
:vadar:
The Jedi are also too powerful, I had an easier time beating Malak than those two!:eek:
Maybe a few groups of level 5-10 jedi(not too many, maybe something like 4 outside of the base and 6 inside) instead of two "uber-jedi".
:cool:

If possible, add the option of bringing party members! Never leave home without your Hunter-Killer droid! ;)
Even a droid has to be allowed a little fun once in a while...- HK

That's all I can think of for now, and take these as suggestions, not complaints! ;)
It's very good for your first mod!
Hell, I can't make things like this, too complicated for me.:p

NOTE: I take no responsibility for the overusage of smileys in the above post.

Colma Adawin
07-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Careful now don't start a flame war. Besides give the guy a chance after all we did give you a chance to start modding right?

dont worry Mav, i tried to seem i was angry but not to go over the top, i learnt my lesson with Grifman...... (GRRRR) :p :p

i wanted to put across that Gsccc is doing something Grand and doing it quicker than any other modder.

i tried to make it seem as a statement not an attempted flame, if it seems like that then i apolgise,

MattCole

Keep up the EXCELLENT mod Gsccc and Yoko, the IE is here if you need it :D:D:D

Mav
07-28-2004, 06:44 AM
^^^

No worries Matt:p

i was simply trying to get everything back on track and away from bickering and such, but it seems Temporary Tomato did it for me

Colma Adawin
07-28-2004, 07:00 AM
^^^

No worries Matt:p

i was simply trying to get everything back on track and away from bickering and such, but it seems Temporary Tomato did it for me

Thats GR8! :D:D:D thx Mav and thx TT

MattCole

CDRSeadog
07-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Just a quick note, Gsccc - I featured a modest writeup on your ROTS: Manaan BETA mod over at RPGDot this AM:-)

You can catch it here: http://www.rpgdot.com

stingerhs
07-28-2004, 11:44 AM
very good work gsccc. i'm lookin forward to the rest of it whenever your done. as far as comments, i think i agree with temporarytomato on most things, especially the fighting alongside the sith soldiers part. that would be just plain out awesome.
:joy:

StormTrooper789
07-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I DO think that this is a good mod. So I compliment ur work Gsccc.

Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 02:21 PM
First of all I would like to thank ALL of you for answering Yoko's request, and thank you again yoko for standing up for me. Thank you very much temp for the helpful hints. I am working on lowering the power of the light side. Consider this beta, an interactive screenshot compared to what i will do next. As for making waves, im not THAT experianced yet, but i am hoping that the lovely darth333 will help me. The Republic embasy is small and I am not sure if I can fit as many as you want. But i will try. As for having sith fight with you. They wont move, i tried it but they shoot :) . If I could make them move that would be great.
If you can remember there was a sith after the one who wished you good luck and he didnt talk. Well this sith was supposed to be with you but he doesnt budge when he sees a badguy. Ill try to fix this. And the only slightly uber jedi will be the one inside the comp room. He will be Striken of his ability to heal. So im gettting to work right away.:D

:atat: All hail Lord the sith!:atat:

Glamador
07-28-2004, 02:24 PM
im extremely sorry that i was so angry sounding...idk how what i meant to be a helpful post turned into something nasty, ill edit that right away...TemporaryTomato said just about evrything i meant to say in a nicer way...but i was able to use party members...i could have never killed those uber-jedi without them (trusty old HK and my favorite of all fallen jedi, bastila!)...o and BTW, i believe i COULD do something like this (perhaps not easily)...it takes time and effort to make a mod this good and unfortunately my short attention span doesnt allow for such things...in the end i think this mod is gonna ROCK with custom worlds (like that hoth world u were workin on) and with some custom voice acting it would be terrific...wat u need is my uncle...he can do so many different voices and accents its just amazing...

Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by CDRSeadog
Just a quick note, Gsccc - I featured a modest writeup on your ROTS: Manaan BETA mod over at RPGDot this AM:-)

You can catch it here: http://www.rpgdot.com
I appreciate this very much. Thank you!

Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 02:44 PM
About "voice acting", if anyone would like to voice act please say so. I have one person over here who can act, it would not sound good for a girl. So once again, if you do, please reply.

Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 04:54 PM
IT WORKED!!!! WOW IT WORKED!!!, i did a voice over and i heard it in the sith! ok Glamador, i am going to do the enter manaan sith and see how you like it. I could still use the other guys.

Mav
07-28-2004, 05:07 PM
you got some voice acting to work.... sounds pretty awesome man.

TemporaryTomato
07-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Hey, if you add someone ridiculous:darthx:, I'm sure I could do some voice acting!:D
I was thinking of buying a new mic anyway, heh.

Add a shady rodian in a corner and I'll do his voice ;)
"Gluupor... Gluupor wonky!"

No wait, I got it, add a jawa that speaks swedish! :D :D

j/k

Voice acting will be nice though, looking forward to it.
I enjoy the music replacements you sent me btw, fits in very nicely on Tattooine!;)
:jaw2::cheers:

EDIT:
Hey, hows that for a name?
Darth Ridiculous! :darthx: :darthx:

Glamador
07-28-2004, 10:26 PM
i wanna be a male commoner! im so good at groveling! "Please master sith dont hurt me i dont want to die! nooo please!!"

or something along those lines...

Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 10:49 PM
OK i did it, i have updated Manaan to Beta v0.10, there are sith voices, and the jedi are now not so hard to beat, havent added more peeps yet, it is a pain in the arse. But i will get to it. I will report when i have posted my mod.

Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 02:06 AM
Ok it is done, you can find Beta v0.10 at my new site. Here is the link if you dont know:http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com/.
These are the new features:
The sith soldiers now have voices, thanks to Glamador i added them.

The jedi are no longer "uber jedi" but they arn't a piece of cake.

The republic soldiers have blasters AND vibroblades.

The Dialogue is less cheezy.

TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 07:02 AM
Sounds good, I'm downloading now.:p

Time to use my old über-revan, hehehe. :vadar:

Darth Dex
07-29-2004, 10:00 AM
I'd love to help with vocie acting, but I don't have a mic.

Glamador
07-29-2004, 01:52 PM
this is a million times better! i still cant hear voices...but the dialogue with Radon KICKS ASS! the dialogue with that guy about malak jaw however...needs work...and the main area with the soldiers and that jedi is perfect in balance and stuff (didnt have to cheat this time)...Radon is still a bit too overpowered tho (had to cheat unfortunately)

TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 02:13 PM
I just tried it, and its way better.

I still think the soldiers are a bit overpowered, could you decrease their hp slightly?
The damage they do is great though.
Just add more of them. :)
As Glamador said, some bits of dialogue still need work, but it's much better than the first beta!

Idea:
How about making the "boss" one of the jedi from the jedi council instead?
That would justify the "überness".:p
Maybe change his combat scripts if possible. A jedi doing force lightning seems... odd.;)
And please, decrease the amount of healing he does a bit! He just heals and heals and heals...

My revan(from my first playthrough so he's quite sucky) couldn't touch him, so I had to rely on TONS of grenades, having candy and hk laying mines all over the place, and lame stuff like running away and waiting for my party members to wake up.:D

Still, it was WAY better than the first beta!
I had loads of fun, even if hk found it a bit boring to keep hurling nades at the damn meatbag...:p

I couldn't hear any speech though...:confused:

Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 04:22 PM
LOL ok here is the major problem, i didnt add the streamwavs folder to the mod so the soldiers didnt talk. and a Hint to defeat the jedi. Do force stun, status field, insanity, works EVERY time. Then they cant heal. If i make them less uber then they die almost instantly. I fixed it and there is sound now. How did you guys like the music?

TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
LOL ok here is the major problem, i didnt add the streamwavs folder to the mod so the soldiers didnt talk. and a Hint to defeat the jedi. Do force stun, status field, insanity, works EVERY time. Then they cant heal. If i make them less uber then they die almost instantly. I fixed it and there is sound now. How did you guys like the music?

Hm, he always resisted all that for me...:confused:
Just add more enemies instead of the uberness;)

The music is great btw.

I'll try the version with sound now, heh.

:darthx

Glamador
07-29-2004, 05:39 PM
slight misnomer with the "steamwaves" folder...i extracted it to my SWkotor folder as per usual and was already ingame b4 i realized the problem...it should be "streamwaves"...u did a great job isolating ur voice too! most of it sounds a bit rushed but it is only a beta after all! great work indeed! one small problem as well...even tho u have voices u forgot to remove the subtitles for responses...overall good tho!

Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 05:51 PM
as for the streamwaves thing i hope that is all cleared up. However the subtitles i think your talking about the words on the bottom of the screen when the people talk, are there even in the origonal KOTOR english or alien.

StormTrooper789
07-29-2004, 05:52 PM
What format do you save the sound files in? I have Goldwave Registered Version. I have Text-to-Speech engines and a MIC!

Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Well, I am unsure of the question. I save them as mp3's and put them in the folder. Errrr, how do you mean:confused:

TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Remove the subtitles? I like subtitles, don't make me Force Wedgie you. ;)

The voice acting is good, but do you think you can make them sound a bit more like the other sithies?
Not the actual voice, but the sound, like they speak through an intercom or something.
Isn't there an effect like that you can apply to your sounds?

Still, it's pretty good.
:elephant::elephant::elephant:
Oh crap, the elephants are coming back.:eek:

Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately I do not have the money to buy the supplies needed for this, but what i do is i poke holes in a soda can, put it over my mike and it sounds kinda like it. If anyone can find a cheep Sound Effects tool for me I would be more than glad to do it. But dont forget I dont have millions of dollars.

StormTrooper789
07-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Well, I am unsure of the question. I save them as mp3's and put them in the folder. Errrr, how do you mean:confused:
You just answered my question. It does work when you do it right?
--------------------------------------
Unfortunately I do not have the money to buy the supplies needed for this, but what i do is i poke holes in a soda can, put it over my mike and it sounds kinda like it. If anyone can find a cheep Sound Effects tool for me I would be more than glad to do it. But dont forget I dont have millions of dollars.
Use the Trial version of Goldwave. Choose Bandpass-Stop

TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 06:05 PM
LOL, the manual way! :D
I'm sure I can dig up some freeware or open source sound editing progs for ya,
I'll post links here when I find something.:)

Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 06:08 PM
You just answered my question. It does work when you do it right?
Is the pope right handed? Of course it works:D Just what ever you do dont save it as a wave. it wont work it needs to be an mp3.

StormTrooper789
07-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Can you put a droid in there like a war droid I can do voice acting with robot sounds for I have Sound Software.

Glamador
07-29-2004, 09:13 PM
there is an option to turn off subtitles...didnt u know that? it onliy reminds me of it evry time i play with those stupid hints they give u at loading screens!...i dont like subtitles...

Colma Adawin
07-30-2004, 02:34 AM
thats too bad, everyone else does.

i do!!!! :D i think it adds to the......

...... Star Wars feel of the game :D:D i love um

MattCole

PS Good Luck Gsccc and Yoko, the IE is always here :p (yes i know your a member :p)

TemporaryTomato
07-30-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Glamador
there is an option to turn off subtitles...didnt u know that? it onliy reminds me of it evry time i play with those stupid hints they give u at loading screens!...i dont like subtitles...

I know about that, I've seen it on the loading screens about a million times...;)

But don't make me Force Wedgie you.:p

Doc Valentine
07-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Ok, i did the VO for Radon, it is pretty good too. I couldnt get the .lip file to work though i just used a resref from Lena's convo. The sound file is called newb. So his lips don't move. Glamador will you go nuts on me again if his lips don't move?

Glamador
07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
no lip syncing is second to the actual voices...im trying to figure out lip syncing atm so i can fix that on my own if need be...

Yoko
07-30-2004, 03:12 PM
:queen Unfortunately, without Darth333, and she hasn't been here for a couple of days, we won’t be able to get much of anything done. Darth333 if you are out there, we still need the SetGlobalVariable thing and we need help on the thing where the sith follow you into battle. I’m not the modder but Gsccc really needs help.

StormTrooper789
07-30-2004, 03:48 PM
This would only work for one npc that has the tag declared in the script:
void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
object oTroop=GetObjectByTag("sithguy");

AssignCommand(oTroop,ForceFollowObject(oPC,3.0f));
}

This will make the Sith follow the player until he dies. You should trigger this with a trigger or at the end of a dialog(if you do this make it the verylast thing!)
The oPC is who the sith will follow
Hope this helps! Oh yeah, tags are CaSe SeNsItIvE!

Edit: Make sure the Faction of the Sith with the tag of "sithguy" is 2.

Yoko
07-30-2004, 04:15 PM
The reason chuck, i mean Gsccc, is not writing this post is because when he saw what you wrote Stormtrooper, he dropped his book and ran straight to the computer. He said for me to say this from him.
Stormtrooper789, you have just saved my life! I now have the energy i need to keep modding! You rock more than the Appalations! Thank you very much and I will be posting my new mod soon!
Guess he is pretty happy. Thanks.

StormTrooper789
07-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Your welcome, and I found that out by looking at NWSCRIPT.NSS

Doc Valentine
07-30-2004, 08:50 PM
It didnt work, I did the script and at first it didnt compile so i chanved it to
void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
object oTroop=GetObjectByTag("sithguy");

AssignCommand(oTroop,ActionForceFollowObject(oPC,3 .0f));
}
Then it compiled, but the guy doesnt follow me, i did what you said, he has the right tag, case sensetive, i attached it to his dialogue. Nothing happens.

StormTrooper789
07-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Try removing the f at 3.0f just use 3.0

Doc Valentine
07-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Still not working, what number is the script in the NWNSCRIPTS thing?

StormTrooper789
07-30-2004, 11:35 PM
FYI it's #167.

Doc Valentine
07-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Wait, the guy's faction is 4, if i change it to two will he follow me?

Mav
07-31-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm pretty sure that you do need to change the faction to 2, but I am probably not as well "versed" in scripting as others.

StormTrooper789
07-31-2004, 09:25 AM
Faction 2 means friendly, and if he is not Faction 2 he will not attack the Republican dudes. I'm not sure if he will follow maybe that function was disabled by Bioware.

Doc Valentine
07-31-2004, 04:45 PM
Well you guys, after a looooong two nights of making an attempt to mod this horrible situation I may be joining Fred, and Darth333. Unless I am able to figure out how to make a dialogue Starting conditional, with DLGEdit, so that the people will ask you to do somehting and you do it they will say something else the next time. I have no idea what to do I have tried everything. If someone could help me that would be great, otherwise, this may be my last visit.

BTW: I have noticed that less and less people are coming here. Does anyone even play kotor anymore? Will anyone play it when my mod comes out?

Yoko
07-31-2004, 05:08 PM
Gsccc may have over exagurated when he said that, he found out how to do it, or at least he thinks he did, he is having problems because with testing, he cant get into his module. He's taking a brake right now playing Psi-Ops. So dont worry just yet people.

Darth Dex
07-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Tons of people do! Darth333 probly just on vaction and the only reason Fred quit was because he didn't have a chocie, he had money problems.

Edit: opps I was writing before you had posted, but you know I'm haveing the same problems with my module if Gcsss figures it out please tell me!

Yoko
07-31-2004, 05:22 PM
Now there may be a problem, he says it doesnt work, can anyone help him?

Doc Valentine
07-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Ok this is it, someone will need to give me an example of this script. I need to know how to make him say something different the next time i talk to him. His tag is hansolo. Please Please Please hlep me.

BTW: Based on whats going on right now and the fact that matt is leaving too. I dont know if i am going to be able to do this anymore.

StormTrooper789
07-31-2004, 09:55 PM
I remeber something that had to do with this that tk102 posted, here it is!:

As a bonus we will add how to make your NPC say something unique, he won't say it again!

To make the NPC say something once and only once, you would first write a script that goes something like:
int StartingConditional() {
if (GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF,0) == FALSE) { return TRUE; }

return FALSE;
}
Then in the appropriate EntriesList struct, you would reference your script in the Active field. That way, the script is fired in order to check whether or not the NPC says the Entry referenced in the Index field.

Then, in the Entry List where your one-time text is mentioned, you would set a reference to another script in the Script field. This script would go something like:
void main() {
SetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF,0,TRUE);
}
In this way, the local flag is set once the dialog is spoken, so it won't be spoken again. Of course, you have to design your dialog tree so there's no other points of re-entry also.

The flag is stored in the NPC (courtesy of the OBJECT_SELF pre-defined variable).

deathdisco
07-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Check out these scripts:

k_act_talktrue.nss
(Sets the NPC talk to state to true)

k_con_talkedto.nss
(Returns true if the PC has not talked to this NPC before)

You could attach them to your dialog to achive part of what you want.
Check out kas24_jolee_02.dlg. Test drive to see how the dialog unfolds and where scripts are fired. You'll also notice scripts firing that check global variables.

Doc Valentine
07-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Ok thanks, testing your ideas now...

StormTrooper789
07-31-2004, 11:15 PM
Ok this is it, someone will need to give me an example of this script. I need to know how to make him say something different the next time i talk to him. His tag is hansolo. Please Please Please hlep me.

BTW: Based on whats going on right now and the fact that matt is leaving too. I dont know if i am going to be able to do this anymore.
You can count on me for support, the only time I won't come here is if school(when it comes)gets in the way. I'm already making my own planet.

Doc Valentine
07-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Ok, my NwNEditor has finally gone to hell and it is trying to take me with it. Everytime I import a dialogue that i make with DLG edit into a MOD, and try to look at it in the mod it says"Unknown Format File" It never did this before, i even got another one. So is there another thing that edits Erf's and the files inside them?

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 01:55 AM
Stormtrooper789 im sorry but its not working, i can tell it must be something i am doing. Can you give me a step-by-step guide to this please?!? I would really appreciate that. Im not ready to give up yet. Even though the floor is pretty much dropping out.

BTW: Here is what im trying to do, this is for test only so dont make fun of it. He is supposed to say "Stue Stue cook the stew" first then say "sota water rubarb" the next time I talk to him. So in the starting list entry i did Sota water rubarb above Stue stue cook the stew. And in the active section of Sota water rubarb i did the script starting conditional. and in the entries section for Stue stue cook the stew i did the script setlocalboolean. I really need help.

Off Topic, TIVO taped Law and order instead of my charmed!!!! I missed the one where Pheobie gets married to Cole and the source interfiers!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! My day has officially gone to hell and stayed at the Hilton near saten's castle!!!!!!
I HATE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glamador
08-01-2004, 03:36 AM
was that the one where cole has to trick her into doing an evil dark wedding and he has to drink her blood in a tomb? thats like one of the only episodes ive ever seen of that show...its a cool show tho...u better keep workin on this cus' ive watched u come way too far to fall out now! i want htis mod! i need something new to the story b4 KotOR II in the winter...

RedHawke
08-01-2004, 03:53 AM
BTW: Here is what im trying to do, this is for test only so dont make fun of it. He is supposed to say "Stue Stue cook the stew" first then say "sota water rubarb" the next time I talk to him. So in the starting list entry i did Sota water rubarb above Stue stue cook the stew. And in the active section of Sota water rubarb i did the script starting conditional. and in the entries section for Stue stue cook the stew i did the script setlocalboolean. I really need help.

The Starting List has 2 nodes each structure;
Index(DWord) (That point to the entry list)
ResRefActive (Conditional script to show if it should appear or not)

The script to set the local boolean should not be in the Starting list, it should be in the Entry list section "Stue Stue cook the stew" node's ResRefScript field there. This will set the boolean as it plays, then the next time you talk it should say "sota water rubarb".

If that doesn't work try changing your local boolean number you are setting (IE from a 3 to a 4), and see if it works then.

I think! :D

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 03:55 AM
OOOOOO! you know what im talking about!?!? Im not sure how the wedding goes down but im pretty sure you are right, Was cole the source?!?!, Anyways,
you dont have to worry yet glamador, unless these guys cant help me. BTW You said you wanted to do a voiceover, send me your voice saying anything as long as it is a sentance and i will see who you should be.

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
The Starting List has 2 nodes each structure;
Index(DWord) (That point to the entry list)
ResRefActive (Conditional script to show if it should appear or not)

The script to set the local boolean should not be in the Starting list, it should be in the Entry list section "Stue Stue cook the stew" node's ResRefScript field there. This will set the boolean as it plays, then the next time you talk it should say "sota water rubarb".

If that doesn't work try changing your local boolean number you are setting (IE from a 3 to a 4), and see if it works then.

I think! :D
Yes but i dont have set localboolean in the starting list, i have the starting conditional boolean in the starting list, setlocalboolean is in the entry already.

RedHawke
08-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Yes but i dont have set localboolean in the starting list, i have the starting conditional boolean in the starting list, setlocalboolean is in the entry already.

Did you try what I said before you replied? :confused:

Use a different local boolean number and see if that works! :D

EDIT: (After the fourum went on the fritz and wouldn't load for me)
This has happened several times to me in various places, and simply changing the LocalBoolean number I was using did the trick.

I hope this helps! :D

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 04:41 AM
Still not working, maybe it has to do with the OBJECT_SELF thing?

Of course, you have to design your dialog tree so there's no other points of re-entry also.
Perhaps this has something to do with the problem, explain how i design it so there is no points of re-entry, what are the re-entry points?

RedHawke
08-01-2004, 05:20 AM
It probably has to do with the object of the boolean, try this for the set local boolean script;

void main()
{
int nBoolSlot=1; //any number 0-7
SetLocalBoolean(GetFirstPC(),nBoolSlot,TRUE);
}

And for your conditional.

return (!GetLocalBoolean(GetFirstPC(),1));
}

Remember to match the number here (),1)); with the one you set in the first script.

And see if those work for you.

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 05:36 AM
Well, something changed, now he just says, "stew stew cook the stew" over and over again.

RedHawke
08-01-2004, 05:38 AM
Try changing the number you used in both scripts, like if you used a 1 then try 2, and see if that helps.

And if that fails then go back to using a 1 in the scripts I just gave you and use this script in the staring list field that points to the first "stew stew cook the stew" line.

int i = GetLocalBoolean(GetFirstPC(),1);
if (i == 1){
return FALSE;
}
return TRUE;
}

This should cut that first stew line off at its knees, and give it no choice but go to the second line! :D

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 05:45 AM
oops, I had swaped them by accident, i put the conditional where the set was supposed to be and vice versa. I tested it correct and now it is back to the Sota water rubarb only.

is there supposed to be a ! before the GetLocalBoolean?

RedHawke
08-01-2004, 05:51 AM
oops, I had swaped them by accident, i put the conditional where the set was supposed to be and vice versa. I tested it correct and now it is back to the Sota water rubarb only.

But does the first Stew line fire properly, the first time only? Does it work like you want?

is there supposed to be a ! before the GetLocalBoolean?

I believe so, that line is used in TK102's Zaalbar finds Items script and I have used it also, so yes the ! is supposed to be there, though I have only a vague idea why! :D

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Well redhawk, thanks for your efforts, im just not getting this. Something is wrong i dont know why, well, I'll wait till the morning. Seriously, if this cant be figured out then, I just dont know guys.

Perhaps its the fact that my dlg is a one liner?

RedHawke
08-01-2004, 06:04 AM
Try and add the script I posted 4 posts above in the starting field for your first line and see if that helps.

Darth Dex
08-01-2004, 06:59 AM
Wait Matt is gone? Are you shore? ARGH! it's to early to spell well.

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Sorry still only says Sota water rubarb, without saying stue stue.

Colma Adawin
08-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
Wait Matt is gone? Are you shore? ARGH! it's to early to spell well.

nah, im never leaving bud, sorry :D i love this forum

MattCole

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Well, Stormtrooper, im not sure what is wrong, if you could give me a step-by-step guide, that would be great! I need one that includes every little detail. I dont know what im doing wrong. If this doesnt work, my mod is history.

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 10:08 PM
BTW I will be adding endor to my new planets list.

Dont forget the Guide stormtrooper789

StormTrooper789
08-01-2004, 10:33 PM
The Dialogue for Dummies Tutorial
1.Open up ye ole' Notepad!
2.Next you must type this!!!
void main()
{
SetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF,0,TRUE);
}

and in a different window:int StartingConditional()
{
if (GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF,0) == FALSE) { return TRUE; }

return FALSE;
}
3. Save the file as talkonce.nss and the other on as talkonce2.nss
4.Compile it:nwnnsscomp talkonce.nss -v1.00 and donwnnsscomp talkonce2.nss v1.00
NOTE: REMEMBER YOU CAN REPLACE THIS STUFF WITH WHATEVER U WANT.
5. Now thou art commandeth thee to open up dlgedit.
6.Create a new dialogue file.
8.Make a reply and make it say "Wierdo!"
and in the script entry type talkonce
9.Make another reply and type "Idiot!" and once again in the script entry type talkonce
10.Make an entry and type "Asupo muko wimpy-pop!" and in the add the replies to entry.
11.Make another entry and make the text "Did I sound retarded?"
12.In the Starting List make the first one like:
<none>
13.Make the second one like:
talkonce2
14.Save it and test drive it in DLGedit and see if it displays properly.
15. Now, take the *.dlg file and the two *.ncs files.
16.Add the name of the *.dlg file to the Conversation entry of a *.utc file.
THE END!

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Still not working.

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 12:02 AM
I have a plan!!!, I will send you a dialogue via email, you do your magic on it and send it to me. Test it first though. This way if it doesnt work on mine I will know it has to do with my system.
OOOO what a great idea sending it to you now.

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Unfortunately i will need your Email which you have blocked from others. PM it to me if you want to keep it a secret.

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 04:28 AM
In the meantime, I have a little friend for you guys, a "native" to my new planet Endor...
http://img31.exs.cx/img31/7735/BUUB.gif
This isnt a very good shot of him. He looks MUCH better in game, and the patches of furr coming threw his cloak are awsome looking. He has a ripped cloak the dont bay Ewoks very much.

Colma Adawin
08-02-2004, 08:43 AM
In the meantime, I have a little friend for you guys, a "native" to my new planet Endor...
http://img31.exs.cx/img31/7735/BUUB.gif
This isnt a very good shot of him. He looks MUCH better in game, and the patches of furr coming threw his cloak are awsome looking. He has a ripped cloak the dont bay Ewoks very much.

nice Vandar / Yoda to Ewok :p looks good. and the E-Mail thing, it concerns EVERYONE :D the moderators and the admin, i personally dont know, did this to stop others spamming and all that sort of thing, good idea if you ask me but it does have its down side, oh and...
QUADRIPLE POSTS :p im playing hehe

MattCole

StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately i will need your Email which you have blocked from others. PM it to me if you want to keep it a secret.

Check your PMs Gsccc, and I will work my "magic". :D

Colma Adawin
08-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Check your PMs Gsccc, and I will work my "magic". :D

hope it works out :D:D:D:D:D:D

MattCole

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Since your back Darth333 maybe you can help us with this problem, if you scroll up a whole bunch youll see that we have been testing a whole bunch of scripts. Is there anything you think i should be trying that hasnt been tried already?

Mav
08-02-2004, 04:56 PM
LOL... I want the have a lightsaber wielding Ewok in my party, you should make a recruit mod out of him...lol

Darth333
08-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Since your back Darth333 maybe you can help us with this problem, if you scroll up a whole bunch youll see that we have been testing a whole bunch of scripts. Is there anything you think i should be trying that hasnt been tried already?
The scripts posted by Stormtrooper are fine and he posted this:
Originally posted by StormTrooper789Check your PMs Gsccc, and I will work my "magic". :D
...so I assume he is working on it. Is there anything else that you haven't figured out?

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Yes actually, is it possible that my computer is to blame for the problems? I mean if it works for everyone else and not me then shouldnt that mean I have a problem??

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Feedback on the ewok anyone!?! It took me a friggin hour to do it. Especialy making his ears smaller and the little patches of furr coming out of his suit. Anyone got any ideas for adjustments to him?

Darth333
08-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Yes actually, is it possible that my computer is to blame for the problems? I mean if it works for everyone else and not me then shouldnt that mean I have a problem??
I doubt that it is caused by your computer: if you can run Kotor it should work. Learning to make scripts requires time and patience. Wait for Stormtrooper to answer your request, it should work.

Tento_spear
08-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Oh please!! Does anyone really think this guy is going to release the full version of this mod?? All it is is eyecandy, this guy is the most newbish idiot i have ever had the displeasure of seeing mod. Anyone can do this mod its a joke. He puts like NO people on manaan and expects people to like it. Glamador was right with what he said the first time! This mod is just plain stupid. Downloading it would be a huge wast of time.

BTW: Gsccc dont try to post in the other forums again. Oh and nice name, I see you stole it from CMGSCCC.com. ;)

StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 06:04 PM
I know the problem, after examining it. Just make the entry with script requirement first change them to this:
1 <talkonce2>
0 <>
---------------
The Starting List order was reversed, my bad for telling u that, made a type-o in my mini-tutorial. Try that now!

kampher
08-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Oh please!! Does anyone really think this guy is going to release the full version of this mod?? All it is is eyecandy, this guy is the most newbish idiot i have ever had the displeasure of seeing mod. Anyone can do this mod its a joke. He puts like NO people on manaan and expects people to like it. Glamador was right with what he said the first time! This mod is just plain stupid. Downloading it would be a huge wast of time.

Wow, can someone please shut this guy up or shoot him or something. Ill bet the n00b cant even mod. so stfu already and leave the forum. thanks, and have a horrible life.

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 06:14 PM
I know the problem, after examining it. Just make the entry with script requirement first change them to this:
1 <talkonce2>
0 <>
---------------
The Starting List order was reversed, my bad for telling u that, made a type-o in my mini-tutorial. Try that now!
Now he just says Did i sound retarded? only. I am editing it with the NWNEditor not the Dlg editor does this make a difference?
Did you test it and did it work?!?

StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Tento_spear

BTW: Gsccc dont try to post in the other forums again. Oh and nice name, I see you stole it from CMGSCCC.com. ;)
TENTO SPEAR THAT IS DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHER MODDERS, DIDN'T YOU SEE THE WORD "BETA" IN IT?!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Now a beta means...hmm..still under development!

StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Now he just says Did i sound retarded? only. I am editing it with the NWNEditor not the Dlg editor does this make a difference?
Did you test it and did it work?!?
Change the Skippable entry to 1. All my dialogues that use the exact same scripts work when I do that.

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 06:23 PM
It still doesnt work, HAVE YOU TESTED IT?!?!? Please do.

Darth333
08-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Change the Skippable entry to 1. All my dialogues that use the exact same scripts work when I do that.
Very good idea: this will allow the player to press enter in order to make the dialog go faster (especially useful when testing or during aliens loooooooooooooong answers) .

To Tento_spear : you have the right to like or dislike a mod. Gsccc is presently asking questions relevant to modding Kotor and we ask you not to turn this into a flame war with your disrespectful comments. So please calm down (why don't you mod instead?)

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 06:34 PM
TENTO HOW DID YoU FIND ME!!!!???!!! Well anyways, I didnt see your last posts. So i will summarize what i wanted to say for you.

Darth333:I respect your wishes for this not to turn into a flame war but the moment he hit the post button it was.

Tento, the only reason you are bombing my mod is because you were jealous that I was stealing the fame away from you, and your small mod, i dont even remember what it was it was so stupid. You have the IQ of about a 4 year old. You come into my modding forum where I have friends and Flame me. Well as you can see from one of my favorites "Kampher" That isnt going to work out for you. Knowing you you are going to reply with a very childish and stupid come back.

PS Pleas grow up.

Darth333
08-02-2004, 06:38 PM
It still doesnt work, HAVE YOU TESTED IT?!?!? Please do.
I haven't check your dlg file but make sure of the order of entries in the Starting List. Per example if your script that checks the variable is at entry no. 9 , then make the starting list as follows:
Entry no. 0 --> index = 9
Entry no. 1 --> index = 0

This way, if the script returns false, then the game will skip to the next entry in the Starting List. In other words, if the condition to start at entry no. 9 is not met, the npc will start at entry no. 0.

(look at the dlg file in my Recruitable Darth Bandon mod. The source code is here (http://mars.walagata.com/w/darth333/Bandon_source.zip) )

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
I haven't check your dlg file but make sure of the order of entries in the Starting List. Per example if your script that checks the variable is at entry no. 9 , then make the starting list as follows:
Entry no. 0 --> index = 9
Entry no. 1 --> index = 0

This way, if the script returns FALSE, then the game will skip to the next entry in the Starting List.

(look at the dlg file in my Recruitable Darth Bandon mod )
Yea we did that, but still it doesnt work, StormTrooper789 if you could test it that would be great, I need to know from someone else, rather than myself.

Tento_spear
08-02-2004, 06:48 PM
How did i find you GSCCC?!? Well it was easy, just follow the trail of stupidity. This mod truely is redundant. You cant even fix a simple dialogue problem. Wow, gsccc, wow.

StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 06:56 PM
In your VO_Resref of entry 1 of your reply list it says "idiot!" remove that it doesn't belong there, also are the script files (*.ncs)include with your *.dlg file in the module?

If this doesn't work after all this then I can't help, for I have made I dialogue just like this compared 'em and mine works.

He will be all yours Darth333 if this doesn't work. :D

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Stormtrooper789, You right a dlg, and the scrpts to go with it and send it to me, please do it. Make sure it works first, I have an idea.

StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 07:33 PM
I'll just send you one I already made, a Twi'lek gives you 200 credits for free. This would be a perfect example of how this workz.

Oh and Tento_spear here is a picture of you: http://blargh.mine.nu/test/202/8.jpg

Darth Dex
08-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey Tento, the .dlg stuff is complicated and if your all you proud of your modding skills, then why don't you make a band new area with a new map? No one has been able to be since your so good at modding you probly can!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: HEy T7Nowhere please ban this guy his really strating to piss me off!

Not trying to strat a flame just making a point.;) I'm not kidding though T7 you gotta step into this isn't not right.

The people that should be baned (put in spoiler just if you wanted to guess) ;)
Tento

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 07:58 PM
I'll just send you one I already made, a Twi'lek gives you 200 credits for free. This would be a perfect example of how this workz.

Oh and Tento_spear here is a picture of you: http://blargh.mine.nu/test/202/8.jpg
Still waiting for your email, do it soon cuz im board:D
If you can. mchucknrex@aol.com or mchucknrex@hotmail.com(yoko)

StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Did you look at that picture of Tento? :cool:

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 09:19 PM
STUPID ME I KNOW WHAT I DID!!!!!
I put the starting conditional script on the wrong Starting list entry. IT WORKS NOW PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
IM BAAAAAAAAACKK!!!!!!

And i did see the picture, it rocks

StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 10:04 PM
STUPID ME I KNOW WHAT I DID!!!!!
I put the starting conditional script on the wrong Starting list entry. IT WORKS NOW PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
IM BAAAAAAAAACKK!!!!!!

And i did see the picture, it rocks
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Reign of the Sith is back in business! :)

:clap2: :urpdude: :cowdance :sheepdanc

Mav
08-02-2004, 10:39 PM
I really like the cow StormTrooper789, oh and congrats on your problem being solved although, if I may make a suggestion that has helped me before, next time you guys should try using an instant messaging program instead of trading posts, it works a lot faster :D, well good luck with your mod Gsccc I'm looking forward to your Full Version release a.k.a. non-BETA

Edit: I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the Ewok in the game....:)

deathdisco
08-02-2004, 11:00 PM
I've never been a big fan of Ewoks. That being said, your Ewok is awsome. Very inventive.

Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 11:31 PM
I really like the cow StormTrooper789, oh and congrats on your problem being solved although, if I may make a suggestion that has helped me before, next time you guys should try using an instant messaging program instead of trading posts, it works a lot faster :D, well good luck with your mod Gsccc I'm looking forward to your Full Version release a.k.a. non-BETA

Edit: I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the Ewok in the game....:)
That being said, since i am done with manaan, I will now start on Endor.:D

Jackel
08-03-2004, 12:33 AM
I still stand by what i said here too;)
Funny , i have yet to see ANY sort of mod from you AT ALL> And yet you complaina bout others ? Sorry , grow up. You think his mod is redundant because you plan on doing one ? yet where is it , please link us to it to show us your "brilliance" and "superc00l" modding ability.

Yoko
08-03-2004, 04:39 PM
That ewok is so cute!:)

Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 05:42 PM
@Tento_Spear-4 posts and all of them flame Gsccc, none of them have any point to them at all. You are acting childish without reason and giving 100+ people at Holowan a bad impression, but that's your business I suppose. If you keep this up you won't reach 10 posts before Prime/T7Nowhere Bans you. Before you complain, mod US something; let's see you do better. Gsccc is doing an entire after ending mod ON HIS OWN, (with some scripting help, so not really) and that is a LOT of work for one person. So just do us all a favour; shut up.

@Gsccc-That Ewok is AWESOME! Can't wait to get my hands on it, hehehe... You might just give me a reason to play the DS ending again! Can't believe you skinned Vandar so well it looks amazing...

@Stormtrooper789-Heh, funny pic man, just be careful not to start a flame war. ;)

Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
@Tento_Spear-4 posts and all of them flame Gsccc, none of them have any point to them at all. You are acting childish without reason and giving 100+ people at Holowan a bad impression, but that's your business I suppose. If you keep this up you won't reach 10 posts before Prime/T7Nowhere Bans you. Before you complain, mod US something; let's see you do better. Gsccc is doing an entire after ending mod ON HIS OWN, (with some scripting help, so not really) and that is a LOT of work for one person. So just do us all a favour; shut up.

@Gsccc-That Ewok is AWESOME! Can't wait to get my hands on it, hehehe... You might just give me a reason to play the DS ending again! Can't believe you skinned Vandar so well it looks amazing...

@Stormtrooper789-Heh, funny pic man, just be careful not to start a flame war. ;)
I appreciate that Mono, that makes me happy to hear you say that. As for the manaan beta, I just got finished adding 22 people, thats jedi and republic soldires and i have decreased their abilities a whole bunch. I think you will like it I will post it on my website later today. I will call it Manaan beta v1.00

Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Anytime man, looking forward to your mod. ;)

Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Well i did it and it rocks. TUNS more jedi TUNS more republic soldires. All rolled into one kick ace place. I also added the ewok texture for mav, cuz he wanted it so bad. You will also get a hint of the endor music when you go to Kashyyk in the normal game. Well, i am having problems because it is taking FOREVER for tripod to upload my mod to my site and i cant go to pcgamemods because when I click on KOTOR it takes me to a search engine and says Could not be found. If you could help me with this problem that would be great.

StormTrooper789
08-03-2004, 09:57 PM
What kind of search engine, what does it say? You might have Spyware or adware.

Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Its ok i found it, it is at 43 percent Taking a very long time. It will be done within the next hour.

Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Ok its out, you can find it at pcgamemods called ROTS Manaan 1.00

Glamador
08-03-2004, 11:17 PM
****IN' SWEET! (excuse the blatent disregard for virgin ears/eyes depending how u look at it)...the music is absolutely amazing...and i finally got it to work...it has to be a .wav file...in the zip they are all .mp3s...i still dont like the sith soldier voices...just a teeny bit rushed...but the rest of them are so terrific...so spiteful...so malicious...deadly...u r a god Gsccc...i always forget ur name...Gsccc...o well, it will be pretty well known fairly soon! (i hope!)

Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Well, thankyou very much, Im glad you liked it. I hope you noticed that the there were men in the restricted access where the subs were because that part took forever. As you could probably tell, all the voices are me, but now thanks to kampher we have more than one voice so i will get him doing some right away. As for the .mp3 files they always worked for me. All you have to do is delete the originals but first you have to back them up. You went through that kind of fast, did you miss the sub bay???

Mav
08-04-2004, 01:21 AM
I'll download it and check it out soon and let you know what I think Gsccc

Glamador
08-04-2004, 01:22 AM
i loaded it up as soon as i saw! o BTW...radon is still a tad too overpowered...i cant hit him with my sabers unless i boost my dex/strength...make him easier to hit and it will be absolutely perfect!...Q!

Mav
08-04-2004, 05:13 AM
Very well done, magnificent infact and I can't wait for the rest of it. Although Radon was a bit hard to hit I had to get him with some force powers before I could land a hit with my lightsaber, but I couldn't find my little Ewok friend, where is he, or did you just pack the texture file for me to look at???

Selphie
08-04-2004, 07:05 AM
I've got a suggestion for Gsccc:

It seems that many people have problems with the difficulty level of your mod. I have two suggestions on how to take card of this mod.

Solution 1:
Script it so that opponents have different stats based on difficulty. That means that when the mod is ran, the mod will initially check the current difficulty of the game, and the opponent stats will change dependant on that.
Example: on Easy, dark jedis have normal stats as in the original game.
on Normal, it's easier than your current difficulty, yet harder than in the game itself. perhaps giving the dark jedis +4 dexterity or more VPs, and a couple more of them here and there etc.
on Hard, dark jedis get a tremendous stat boost and are much cleverer (like targetting weaker NPCs, focussing on one NPC, etc), till they are so powerful that you either are a veteran player but still pausing at the end of every round, or you cheat, or you are using some modded weapons/armors to even the odds.
** obviously this will have to be clearly stated in the readme.txt
** this technique of stat- and intelligence-scaling is parallel to the method used in the Ascention Mod in Baldurs gate 2: ToB.

Solution 2:
You reduce the difficulty until it has about the same difficulty as the normal game, but slightly more challenging.
And you provide an accompanying file for downloaders to override to increase the stats to superhuman-difficulty for cheaters/mod-users/people who like reloading 10 times to win a fight.

There, hope that helps :)

Glamador
08-04-2004, 02:40 PM
whoa whoa whoa man...stop rite there...the difficulty is just fine! its only radon that needs to have a bit less skillz in the dodging department! o and BTW...those extra sounds u added...like the one of a guy calling to a dog...wtf? that's hilarious!

Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 03:49 PM
I HAD NO IDEA PEOPLE WERE GOING TO LOOK AT THE SOUNDS!!!!!
I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EMBARASSED. those were for uhhh testing perposes only.
Anyway, as far as altering the difficulty, im afraid if i put ANOTHER manaan on pcgamemods since i cant delete files i submitted, they are going to think im a phsico so Until i can fix the problem with uploading files on tripod I will be unable to make tiny changes. Until then, try boosting all your stats to 99 thats what i do. I kick his butt every time. Well do what you think is best and KEEP UP THE FEEDBACK.

On a happier note!:) Kampher has volunteered his voice to do voice acting, unfortunately i still need more people. If you would like to do voice acting pm me then send me your voice via email. If it's good you may be able to be in my MOD!

Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Ok everybody, i updated the website, Radon is now less hard. Check it all out there. You will see a list of features and changes.
http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com/

Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Just ask an admin to delete the earlier versions and post it up at pcgamemods.

Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Hey Darth333, have you tried my mod yet? I was wondering what *you* might think of it since you are in a way a co-maker of it since you helped me out so much. I sure would love to hear your imput:)

theredrodian
08-04-2004, 08:18 PM
i tried downloading your mod from your website, but it says the file isn't there, and also, i can't find it on pcgamemods.com...just thought i'd let you know

Darth333
08-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Hey Darth333, have you tried my mod yet? I was wondering what *you* might think of it since you are in a way a co-maker of it since you helped me out so much. I sure would love to hear your imput:)
Not yet :( just got a new system and just installed the game. Looks good :)

Yoko
08-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by theredrodian
i tried downloading your mod from your website, but it says the file isn't there, and also, i can't find it on pcgamemods.com...just thought i'd let you know
That would be my fault, forgot to republish it. Check it out now it works.

Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 09:03 PM

Will you maybe in the future?

Well could you do me a huge favor and show me the script to transport from one module to the next. Im doing the Leviathon, and the galaxy map. Im also doing a princess leia - Darth Vader scene.

So i guess i want two scripts, is there a way to make here show up at one time then after you talk to her make her dissappear?

Prime
08-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Oh please!!

[flame snipped]

No flaming Tento_spear. You have been warned.

Darth333
08-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Well could you do me a huge favor and show me the script to transport from one module to the next. Im doing the Leviathon, and the galaxy map. Im also doing a princess leia - Darth Vader scene.

Check this: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132999

So i guess i want two scripts, is there a way to make here show up at one time then after you talk to her make her dissappear?
I m not sure of what you want...but you may find what you want in my "how to recruit a npc in less than 10 steps" tutorial: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131944 Look at step 7 on how to span an npc and at the additional stuff on how to destroy it. If you want special effects, download svosh's Revan Redemption robes: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129196. There is a script to make an npc disappear in a cloud :D

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Hey guys, do you remember when I said I was modding a level for the ebon hawk -- Leviathon? Well I'm dang near finished. Here is the story, Im not REALLY changing the ebon hawk to the leviathon, im just having the ebon hawk go to the leviathon for all the cutscenes. I am almost done with a Princess Leia type cutscene demo, featuring Anora Sorellia, she is a diplomat on corellia. You capture here when you assault corellia and you disguss with her, the "ties" she has with the rebel alliance. I will post screenies on my website later today.:)

Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 04:41 AM
Hey guys, do you remember when I said I was modding a level for the ebon hawk -- Leviathon? Well I'm dang near finished. Here is the story, Im not REALLY changing the ebon hawk to the leviathon, im just having the ebon hawk go to the leviathon for all the cutscenes. I am almost done with a Princess Leia type cutscene demo, featuring Anora Sorellia, she is a diplomat on corellia. You capture here when you assault corellia and you disguss with her, the "ties" she has with the rebel alliance. I will post screenies on my website later today.:)

[Mr Burns] Excellent [/Mr Burns]

:D:D:D

MattCole

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 05:37 AM
well its done, check the website

Jackel
08-05-2004, 05:55 AM
Thats right , new comp , your going to have to write up a review of the AMD64 for us :p

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
Thats right , new comp , your going to have to write up a review of the AMD64 for us :p
What the hell????? :confused:
*Gsccc looks back and forth*

Someone has had a little too much scotch.

:smirk2: Muhuhahahaha!

Darth333
08-05-2004, 09:48 AM
What the hell????? :confused:
*Gsccc looks back and forth*

Someone has had a little too much scotch.

:smirk2: Muhuhahahaha!
Jackel was referring to this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132052
Fora quick review, i'd say that it is a 120% improvement over what i had. Now for the long review you'll have to wait, I am too busy enjoying my new system :D

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 02:44 PM
OK, i need someone to look at the screenshots on the website to tell me if i should release the Leviathon demo yet. Because Its done. And I cant work on Endor untill i get some feedback weather or not to release it.

Mav
08-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Gsccc I looked at your screenshots, and I must say that is some good stuff, I didn't know that making cutscenes was a possibility, or at least I've never seen one.

StormTrooper789
08-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey, Gsccc, you misspelled warrant in the 2nd Leviathan screenshot! :eek:
You typed as: warrent
Mr. Spelling Bee says to type it as: warrant.

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Corellia is next on the list, at this rate i will be done by the end of august!!! Wohoooo!

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 05:35 PM
OK, i need someone to look at the screenshots on the website to tell me if i should release the Leviathon demo yet. Because Its done. And I cant work on Endor untill i get some feedback weather or not to release it.
Questions still go unanswered.

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey, Gsccc, you misspelled warrant in the 2nd Leviathan screenshot! :eek:
You typed as: warrent
Mr. Spelling Bee says to type it as: warrant.
How did i know someone was going to check my spelling. Listen it is a SCREENSHOT not the final cut. I just did it with stupid DLGedit and that dont have spell check or copy past. If this were the beta or final cut i would not reply but come on, just answer the question.

Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 05:50 PM
How did i know someone was going to check my spelling. Listen it is a SCREENSHOT not the final cut. I just did it with stupid DLGedit and that dont have spell check or copy past. If this were the beta or final cut i would not reply but come on, just answer the question.

hey hey hey, you did ask for feedback, and if i recall I said that you misspelled things in our MSN convo, dont worry about it, your right its not the final piece but you did ask for feedback, please dont take this as me against you, i really dont want that, you,(Gsccc and Yoko) me buds and i hope it stays that way

MattCole

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Ok here is the deal, Im not using StormTrooper789 as an example to pick on him. He meant well im sure of it. But Feedback would have been nice, that wasnt feedback that was telling me what was misspelled. Feedback is saying, I like it, dont like it, change this, add this. Had he have done a BTW you misspelled a word after posting feedback i would be alot happier. I dont need i rocketscientist to tell me i misspelled a word. Yoko goes over my dialoges, makes them less cheezy and fixes spelling. Im not mad nor am i trying to flame you StormTrooper789 you have been a great help, i just would like some feedback.

Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Ok here is the deal, Im not using StormTrooper789 as an example to pick on him. He meant well im sure of it. But Feedback would have been nice, that wasnt feedback that was telling me what was misspelled. Feedback is saying, I like it, dont like it, change this, add this. Had he have done a BTW you misspelled a word after posting feedback i would be alot happier. I dont need i rocketscientist to tell me i misspelled a word. Yoko goes over my dialoges, makes them less cheezy and fixes spelling. Im not mad nor am i trying to flame you StormTrooper789 you have been a great help, i just would like some feedback.

then please accept my apoligy and move on :D

MattCole

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 06:08 PM
and move on
SMACK!!!! *MattColeJK slaps Gsccc across the face for 355 points of damage!*
OUCH!!!

Mav
08-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I like the leviathon scene that you made and i say release it so that we can get one step closer to seeing the Ewok and Endor ;)

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Endor is done dude

Mav
08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Ohhhh well than release it .....please.....:(

theredrodian
08-05-2004, 07:09 PM
hmm, i downloaded your mod, but when i try to warp to your new manaan, the game goes to the "saving" screen, and the bar only goes a little way along, then stops, so i have to exit KOTOR... any ideas why this might be happening?

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Yes, did you put it in the override directory?

theredrodian
08-05-2004, 07:20 PM
yep, i did, put everything from the zip into the appropriate folders

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 07:24 PM
There is your problem, the .mod is not supposed to go into the override folder, it goes in the Modules folder just like the "README FIRST!" says

theredrodian
08-05-2004, 07:31 PM
oops, crap, thanks ¬_¬ i'll go try that now, for some reason when i read the readme, i saw "modules" as "override", anyway, thanks again

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Im here to help, thats what i do.....

And thats all im saying. (cough)

theredrodian
08-05-2004, 08:01 PM
alright, the mod's good so far, but what's meant to happen after you've done the rebel base? i talk to the sith soldier, he asks if i want to be transported, then nothing happens...

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 08:08 PM
naturally, since i only gave you manaan, that is the end. Had there been a cor_m123.mod in there then you would be worried. I havnt finished Corellia yet. This was but a taste of the darkside to quench all of your thirsts. and to prove i wasnt pulling a KOTOR AE on you.

theredrodian
08-05-2004, 08:15 PM
ohh, right, well good job so far, the only problem i could see was that soldier was mis-spelt a few times...

StormTrooper789
08-05-2004, 08:43 PM

Oh, :D , sorry I'll try out. I got hooked to X-wing Alliance modding for the last few days. So I'll post my feedback about stuff. Anyway, I really like that cutscene on the Leviathan, it rox! :) So I would say YES to releasin' the Leviathan module! :clap2: GO GSCCC :clap2:

Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Mad Cow Dance! Yipeeeeeee!
:cowdance :cowdance :cowdance :cowdance :cowdance

Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 12:08 AM
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1368/KotOR0000a.gif

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1825/KotOR0001y.gif

These are screenshots of Endor for you Mav. I know your probably all wondering how i made it daytime. Well skinning the background. Anyways thats the just. I wont be releasing that mav because it holds plot points too important to the game. It would make it no fun. There is an ewok, they worship him, his name is Duros the Jedi Ewok. I like him. He is the only character that i am not replicating from the actual Origonal Trilogy. Oh and so is darth Malign, if you recruit him. MUHUHAHAHA. This makes me want to do a LightSide ending mod too. Unfortunetaly i cant. Not untill KOTOR 2. WAIT HOLD THE PHONE, w-w-will kotor 2 have cheats???!?!?!?!? IT MUST IT MUST. ALL IS LOST IF NOT!

Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 12:10 AM
BTW: The ewoks have paths that they walk on. BET YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW I DID THAT!!

Mav
08-06-2004, 12:30 AM
Bet I can.....I know at least it has to do with waypoints, and the rest is either scripts or something like that, but anway that is some awesome screenshot stuff you got there Gsccc, keep it up

Darth333
08-06-2004, 09:55 AM
BTW: The ewoks have paths that they walk on. BET YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW I DID THAT!!
Waypoints waypoints waypoints! - if you don't do it, I'll post a short tutorial this evening or during the weekend :D

StormTrooper789
08-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Did you use ActionRandomWalk()?

BTW: Darth333, a waypoint tutorial would be nice 'cause I can't really do waypoints.

Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 04:45 PM
You go ahead and do that Darth333, maybe t7 will make it a postie. Anyways, here is my plan for Corellia. As you already may know, we are having a leia person who is captured on correlia. But here is what you dont know. Corellia will be a battlefield, not sure what that will do to lag, hope u guys have good computers, but I do know that it will be kick but, You fight your way to the enclave, I hate that word, settlement, and make the Corellian rulers surrender, or die. In this you capture Anora Sorellia, who has ties to the rebellion, at one point you interrogate her an either Kill her or put her on your side, not your party though, just a doubble agent. "Wink";) . Other than that I cant think fully what to tell you about it without giving it ALL away.

Mav
08-06-2004, 04:55 PM
I don't know how many people you are planning to have in this battle, but you might want to check out this mod made by gameunlimited it had I thik 25 v 25 and slow down did occur....lol.....just scroll down to one of gameunlimited posts.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126232&highlight=bigwar

Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 05:03 PM
So far it is 3 on 3 in groups spread out along the field

Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 05:04 PM
I should say GROUPS of 3 on 3 be hind barracades and stuff like that

Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Is it possible to eddit a placeable like smoke fx_smoke and mak it taller and bigger? If so, if someone could do that for me i would be unlimitedly greatful.

StormTrooper789
08-06-2004, 08:26 PM
:eek: Triple-Post!!!! :eek: :D
Anyway, I think the smoke may have something to do with models and if it does you can't change it. :(

Mav
08-06-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm pretty sure all animations have to do with models ;)

Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Damn! Will someone for CRAP sakes get us those anamation Files. We need them now. BOOM!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Sorry, I was energized by the hoth battle music im playing that im using for Dantooine outskirts!

Doc Valentine
08-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Corellia is done!!!! Yipeee!
Ok so I finally finished corellia. And right now it rocks. The droids kick but, but not too hard, for those of you who cant take it. Its got dialogue with voice overs. I am hoping that my next release will be a beta version of the ENTIRE MOD. That means ALL planets, ALL cutsceens, ALL badguys, ALL party members. he he, OHHHHH RIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!
Here are some screnies!!!
http://img6.exs.cx/img6/8504/Corellia1.gif

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/482/Corellia2.gif

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/9681/Corellia3.gif
Hope you like, and matt, there is a supprise for u in there.

Glamador
08-07-2004, 12:37 PM
quit the suspense im gonna wet myself here!

StormTrooper789
08-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Ok so I finally finished corellia. And right now it rocks. The droids kick but, but not too hard, for those of you who cant take it. Its got dialogue with voice overs. I am hoping that my next release will be a beta version of the ENTIRE MOD. That means ALL planets, ALL cutsceens, ALL badguys, ALL party members. he he, OHHHHH RIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!

Cool screenshots you have, yes.

That is cool Gsccc, keep it up!

Colma Adawin
08-07-2004, 02:04 PM

:D:D:D

thx alot bud :D wow

what did i do to get this? :D thx any way bud :D:D:D:D

MattCole

Mav
08-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Nice can't wait for the release

Doc Valentine
08-07-2004, 08:06 PM
I need a woman, voice i mean. I need someone for anora and bastilla, and any other women throghout the game. Darth333? would you like to help? ANyone??? I need a lady!!!

Doc Valentine
08-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Ok Darth333 I need your help on this one, I need to make a scene where the player throws lighting at an npc.
Here are my tags

Target npc "leno"
I would love if you could help me.

Also i need to know how to make an npc do a looping animation, Ex: Miekel Typing on the computer in korriban, or Master Uthar meditating.

Darth333
08-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Ok Darth333 I need your help on this one, I need to make a scene where the player throws lighting at an npc.
Here are my tags

Target npc "leno"
I would love if you could help me.

Also i need to know how to make an npc do a looping animation, Ex: Miekel Typing on the computer in korriban, or Master Uthar meditating.

Lightning:

void main() {
ActionPauseConversation();
object oPC=GetPCSpeaker();
//add this only if you want damage
effect eDamage= EffectDamage(200, DAMAGE_TYPE_DARK_SIDE, DAMAGE_POWER_PLUS_FIVE);
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionCastFakeSpellAtObject(FORCE_POWER_LIGHTNING,
OBJECT_SELF));
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_PRO_LIGHTNING_L), OBJECT_SELF);
//add this line only if you added damage above
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eDamage, OBJECT_SELF);
//add this line if you want the npc to fall dead
ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_DEAD, 1.0, 5.0);
ActionResumeConversation();
}

If you want to play an animation when an npc is pawned, here is an example to make the npc meditate, the syntax is:
ActionPlayAnimation(int nAnimation, float fSpeed=1.0, float fDurationSeconds=0.0);
here is an example:

void main() {
PlayAnimation(3,1.0,-1.0);
}

for the computer, use 15 instead of 3 in nAnimation.

Attach the script in the ScriptSpawn field of the npc's .utc file.

Doc Valentine
08-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks Darth333, you truely are my most important source for this kind of thing.

Doc Valentine
08-08-2004, 03:15 PM
I still need someone to play for bastilla. So if there are any takers please step forward. Darth333 maybe?

Doc Valentine
08-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Yesterday was an overall good day,
I added some game fixes but have not yet updated the mod to my websit.
I added Corellia
I added Endor
I added the Intercom noises to the Sith Voice.
I added the Leviathon[Ebon Hawk]
I added MattColeJK:D
And i added music, when i get back to my comp i will update the mod to my website.

Darth333
08-08-2004, 04:24 PM
I still need someone to play for bastilla. So if there are any takers please step forward. Darth333 maybe?
Err...English is not my mother tongue: it's my third language so you would have a funny accent :rolleyes: plus i don't have a mic.

Doc Valentine
08-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Ok, Darth333, your experties are needed again. I am making Coruscant. And i want right when the player gets there, a dialogue to auto start. This will transport him to the senate. Can you help me with this?

Darth333
08-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Ok, Darth333, your experties are needed again. I am making Coruscant. And i want right when the player gets there, a dialogue to auto start. This will transport him to the senate. Can you help me with this?
Erm...what do you mean by autostart as soon as the player gets there? Do you want to plant an npc that will greet your pc there? Do you want to set a trigger so that when your pc passes in a certain area at a certain time something happens? I would need a better description of the scene of the arrival on Coruscant to identify the best method to do it.

Colma Adawin
08-09-2004, 11:48 AM
I would need a better description of the scene of the arrival on Coruscant.

but not too much to spoil it for us :p

MattCole

Doc Valentine
08-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Erm...what do you mean by autostart as soon as the player gets there? Do you want to plant an npc that will greet your pc there? Do you want to set a trigger so that when your pc passes in a certain area at a certain time something happens? I would need a better description of the scene of the arrival on Coruscant to identify the best method to do it.
I want it to be just like when you arrive at a new planet, like kashyyk for example. When the ugle snot sounding guy asks you to pay the docking fee, the couruscant thing has nothing to do with this so dont worry about me giving away valuable info. I just want to know how that kind of script works.

Darth333
08-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Attach this script in the spawn field of the npc's .utc file:

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF,ActionMoveToObject(oPC)) ;
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF,ActionStartConversation( oPC,"my_dlg"));
}

StormTrooper789
08-10-2004, 09:36 AM
The people at Infinite Empire would like to thank the punks at id software for Doom 3, so cool.

Like we will get anything done now.

Hey, you got that phrase from Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, excep they talk about the Gameboy Advance SP. :)

Doc Valentine
08-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Right you are, the phrase i got from [Adult Swim] the event however happened EXACTLY as stated. Thats why i used the phrase.

Doc Valentine
08-10-2004, 11:02 PM
I will be making a vido demo of the mod and will put it on my site, some time this week. It's looking good so far.

Doc Valentine
08-10-2004, 11:06 PM
I have another question for you Darth333. I would like to know how to make Cinematic scenes. So basicly i want to know how to make the player invisible or change what he looks like. What i want to do is teleport the player to a location, change him to invisible or to a different looking person, and begin a convo.

Darth333
08-11-2004, 12:10 AM
For changing shape, check this old thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128638

There are a few special effects in the script so just remove them.

Concerning invisibility, you can try this:

void main() {
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
effect eVFX=EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_INVISIBILITY);
eVFX = SupernaturalEffect(eVFX);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eVFX, oPC);
return;
}

For Cinematics scenes, if you mean cutscenes, it is possible but depending on what you want to do , itmay be a considerable amount of scripting. If you mean movies, then check the guide for the newbie, there are some tools there and perhaps you could do a copy, cut and paste job like I did for the sound in my recruitable Dustil mod. I haven't tried with movies due to lack of time and interest.

Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Is there a way to run KOTOR in a window. Camista Studio 2 records kotor real choppy and i need to run it in a window.

Darth333
08-11-2004, 01:36 AM
In your swkotor.ini file, change FullScreen=1 to FullScreen=0

Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 01:40 AM
I did that and nothing happened.

Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 01:48 AM
I did that and nothing happened.
Figured out what i had to do
add the line
AllowWindowedMode=1

Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 03:53 AM
For changing shape, check this old thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128638

There are a few special effects in the script so just remove them.

Concerning invisibility, you can try this:

void main() {
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
effect eVFX=EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_INVISIBILITY);
eVFX = SupernaturalEffect(eVFX);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eVFX, oPC);
return;
}

For Cinematics scenes, if you mean cutscenes, it is possible but depending on what you want to do , itmay be a considerable amount of scripting. If you mean movies, then check the guide for the newbie, there are some tools there and perhaps you could do a copy, cut and paste job like I did for the sound in my recruitable Dustil mod. I haven't tried with movies due to lack of time and interest.
Thanks but, how do i turn it off?

Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 03:21 PM
I need to know where the saber sounds are, Matt and i are making a mod. I am looking with the kotor tool in sounds, so if someone can give me the exact name that would be great.

kampher
08-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Gsccc check you're PM's.

Darth333
08-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks but, how do i turn it off?
The disguise effect:

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
effect eEffect = GetFirstEffect(oPC);
while (GetIsEffectValid(eEffect))
{
if (GetEffectType(eEffect) == EFFECT_TYPE_DISGUISE)
{
RemoveEffect(oPC, eEffect);
}

eEffect=GetNextEffect(oPC);
}
return;
}

the invisibility effect (from tk102 vfx armband):

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
effect eCheck = GetFirstEffect(oPC);
while (GetIsEffectValid(eCheck))
{
if (

(GetEffectType(eCheck)==EFFECT_TYPE_VISUAL) &&
(GetEffectSubType(eCheck)==SUBTYPE_SUPERNATURAL)
)
{
RemoveEffect(oPC, eCheck);
}
eCheck=GetNextEffect(oPC);
}
return;
}

I need to know where the saber sounds are, Matt and i are making a mod. I am looking with the kotor tool in sounds, so if someone can give me the exact name that would be great.

For the lightsaber sounds, look into Bifs-->sounds.bif-->.wav files and extract.
"cb_ls_swingshrt2.wav" is one of them

Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Ok what do i do when im finished editing the sounds, i placed them in the streamsounds directory but it didnt ask to overwrite, so i must suppose that it goes somewhere else. Right?

Darth333
08-11-2004, 11:36 PM
They are located in Swkotor/Data/sounds.bif. What do you want to do exactly with those sounds, set ambient noise???

Doc Valentine
08-12-2004, 12:15 AM
No, i want to edit the lightsaber sounds for my lightsaber mod, matt and i are making a mod. A sabre mod. So im editing the sabers to make them more realistic sounding to the movies. And make the sabers more realistic looking.

Here is a pic to give you an idea:) http://img51.exs.cx/img51/6861/SABER.gif

It features a new sabre color! Orange! :D

Darth333
08-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Then , try the override folder and let me know what happens :)

stingerhs
08-12-2004, 02:23 AM
No, i want to edit the lightsaber sounds for my lightsaber mod, matt and i are making a mod. A sabre mod. So im editing the sabers to make them more realistic sounding to the movies. And make the sabers more realistic looking.

Here is a pic to give you an idea:) http://img51.exs.cx/img51/6861/SABER.gif

It features a new sabre color! Orange! :D

nice work!!! will they come with your pack, or will ya let us dl them now??

Doc Valentine
08-12-2004, 03:42 AM
Im going to try Darth333's idea, but i will release them with Mattcole, i will make a seperate thread containing all info.

Colma Adawin
08-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Im going to try Darth333's idea, but i will release them with Mattcole, i will make a seperate thread containing all info.

My Part of the mod is going to be like a Random ideas with the Blade, i've got some goodens i just need to test them, i just hope they work :p

this will be like v2 of my mod :D

MattCole

TemporaryTomato
08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Tried the latest version of the manaan mod.
Kicks arse!:D

One weird thing though, the Radon guy was dead within a few force storms and one "kill"... Have you switched his stats with the guy outside of the room that looks the same?
Because that guy was way harder...:confused:

Oh, and the voice acting for Radon sounded very professional(except for some slight background sounds, but that didnt bother me very much), very good!:)

The soldiers voices aren't as good as Radons, but good enough. :p

w00t w00t....
:darthx

Doc Valentine
08-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Well i went to Sigraph, in Los Angales today, I got to see all the new kick but animation they have coming out. Let me tell you it is pretty awsome, Critters bought the tool, "SoftImage" which is a real kick but moddleing/Anemating/Art tool, cost us alot though! The cloth effects were AWSOME, as were hair and water and prety much everything else. The guy gave me a like 2 hour toor and tutorial of it, Jack says i yawned 74 times.

As for Cloth effects, i tried a texture like revan's cape and i know that it would be awsome if *I* could do the mod for the wavey cape when you guys find the animation stuff, because the cape flows perfectly.

I met up with Bioware, they were supporting their game Jade Empire as well as a few others including KOTOR, I talked to them about Reign of the Sith, and they were VERY interested. They seem like nice guys to me.

Anyways as for the mod, im shooting for this weekend. But dont get your hopes up. Now I have a game to design AND a mod to make.

Doc Valentine
08-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey darth333, Temporary Tomato has brough an idea that i want to do. I want to durring certain times have one of the group members say something like have HK say something wile talking to radon. But set a script so that it ONLY fires when HK is there.

Darth333
08-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132142

Doc Valentine
08-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Im sorry to make this more complicated for you darth333 hun, but could you show me an example of a dialogue?? Please:)

Darth333
08-15-2004, 12:19 AM
ok you will need to use the Speaker and Listener fields in the dlg file. You can look at any dlg file in the game that has a more than two participating npcs to get an example. You can look at the dlg with YukaLaka in the tat_m17ac module. It is full of examples.

Then attach the script as any other conditional script, in the active field of the RepliesList in the EntryList. Look at this post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1595337#post1595337