PDA

View Full Version : kotor anonymous

Aleggy
07-27-2004, 12:43 PM
If you have played kotor and havent stopped from the moment you started it might be time to admit you have an addiction

and here is the very place you can stand up proud and say in front of everyone

My name is and i am addicted to kotor

Aleggy
07-27-2004, 12:45 PM
My name is Aleggy and i am addicted to kotor

whats worse is i'm addicted to kotor 2 and i havent even played it yet i cant help myself i need to play it i have to play it

and i love it

kome566
07-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Ma name is kome566 and im madly in love with kotor and cant wait for numba II so until then . . ill just b smokin kotor :D :D :D

Taos
07-28-2004, 07:48 PM
This thread is so right.....man I can't stop playing it. I know I have an addiction to it. Ah well. lol

FiEND_138
07-29-2004, 01:20 AM
Heh, you & me both. Just 1 more fix.

RedHawke
07-29-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah me too, I'm so addicted I put an alter ego of myself in the game as an Recruitable NPC, soon to be released! :D

Hi my name is RedHawke, and I'm an addict.

[Small Crowd] Hi RedHawke [/Small Crowd]

I'm so addicted to Bastila's cool lines on the temple summit.

That she says she would be completely and utterly yours... Master!

That I feel strange if I don't hear it at least once a day. :D

*Notices everyone staring in this direction... then phases quietly into hyperspace*

Mav
07-29-2004, 02:28 AM
Hi my name is Mav and I am addicted to KotOR modding especially making my owns sabers.

RedHawke
07-29-2004, 03:12 AM
Here is a sign you are addicted to KOTOR... you make your own versions of the Jedi or Sith codes. :eek:

My new Sith code;

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory, Bastila will be completely and utterly... Mine!
KOTOR and KOTOR:TSL shall free me! :D

Mav
07-29-2004, 03:28 AM
LOL you really like Bastilla don't you lol

RedHawke
07-29-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
LOL you really like Bastilla don't you lol

She is a really shapely set of pixels, I'll tell you! :D

And I'm not the only one remember Prime's quote;

Originally posted by Prime
Me and the B were ****ing like rabbits when I played...

So it's definately not only me! :D

Aleggy
07-29-2004, 07:16 AM
ok thankyou everyone for being so honest about your addiction

to my knowledge kotor has not killed anyone yet (in the real world) so being addicted isnt necessarily a bad thing

however i have come across some possible side affects from playing kotor to much

1) brain tumor from staring at the monitor for to long

possible solution try not to keep your face so close to the monitor

2)epileptic fit, for those who have epilepsy

sorry if you have epilepsy the only solution is not to play but as you have an adiction i doubt this will happen

3)No social life

however these forums have helped to deal with this problem a little

however it might be an idea to occasionaly turn off your machine and step out into the real world and meet real people

Warning : when leaving your home and entering the real world leave your lightsabres and force powers at home, as we dont want anyone being arrested for trying to kill someone with there light/darkside powers

RedHawke
07-29-2004, 07:44 AM
^^^^
LOL! :D Those are good Aleggy!

Originally posted by Aleggy
Warning : when leaving your home and entering the real world leave your lightsabres and force powers at home, as we dont want anyone being arrested for trying to kill someone with there light/darkside powers

If I had force powers, like telekinesis, Killing someone is not very high on my list, one thing would be, and I can sum it up in two words;

Craps (You know that game with Dice, and 100 7's in a row = tons o'cash)

-and-

Roulette (That game with the spinning wheel and little white marble, red or black, yeah baby!)

And Jedi's can cheat at gambling, Qui-Gon did! :D

Venom750
07-30-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm not an addict WHO told you i was YOU got no prove!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

P:S I am really an addict Bastaila told me so:) :p :)

kome566
07-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Meow @ Redhawke as Bastila would say if she heard what he would say about her.. :D :D

RedHawke
08-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by kome566
Meow @ Redhawke as Bastila would say if she heard what he would say about her.. :D :D

I know exactly what she would say! :D

Oh shut up and kiss me, you fool!

Fades out.
Fades in.

:D

PR-0927
08-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Heh, Bastila!! I had that sad music creeping through me when she kissed me. It made me really horny...:D

The sad music was because I can't get a girlfriend, and I really want Bastila. She's mine I tell you, get your hands off her!!

*Sets booby traps around Bastila...messes with her boobs...*

:fett:

FiEND_138
08-01-2004, 05:52 PM
^^^ RoFLmAO!!!!

RedHawke
08-02-2004, 03:09 AM
^^^^
I agree FiEND... Now thats comedy! :D

[Sigmund Freud]

Majin lets talk about your Bastila breast fixation. Do you have her running around in her underwear all the time in game?

[/Sigmund Freud]

J/K Majin! :D

jedi_5002
08-02-2004, 06:07 AM
Hi, I am jedi_5002 and I am addicted to KotOR and KotOR:TSL, and it hasn't come out yet (I am also addicted to nesting things in parens (I shouldn't, but I do (I just can't help myself (just like I can't help playing KotOR (and modding it)) (RedHawke knows what I'm talking about (Here I go again :eek: )))))

@RedHawke's Sith Code
Nice Sith Code. Now how about one for the Jedi Code?
Mmmmmm... Bastila *drool*

@Aleggy's side effects
1) I don't keep my face that close to the monitor, so no worries.
2) I don't have epilepsy, so lucky me.
3) Stepping into the real world... :confused:... :eyeraise:? You mean...!?! STAR WARS ISN'T REAL!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... *five minutes later*...oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

@RedHawke's Things to do with the Force
Agree. I would break Vegas, and give lots of money to all of you. :D

@Majin Revan's protectiveness of Bastila
Disarm's booby traps, and rescues Bastila. She is very greatful, and assures me that she could have rescued herself. After some pointing out, that she most likely couldn't have, and that I am nicer than Majin Revan :p, she promises to be completely and utterly mine :drop2: :D.

Fade out. *days later :D* Fade in. We leave you all to fight it out amongst yourselves :p.

RedHawke
08-02-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by jedi_5002
@RedHawke's Sith Code
Nice Sith Code. Now how about one for the Jedi Code?

There is no emotion, there is peace. :disaprove
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. :stick:
There is no passion, there is serenety. :yelhelp:
There is no chaos, there is harmony. :barf:
There is no death, there is the force. :worship:

Well you stumped me jedi_5002 the Jedi code is so lame it really can't be made into anything cool. :confused:

Aleggy
08-02-2004, 06:30 PM
ok i'm going to give the jedi code a bash

There is emotion and there is inner peace

There is ignorance but knowledge is not wisdom

There is passion and there is Bastila

There is life which is precious and cannot be replaced

Ultimately there is death and there is the force

Hope u like it

Aleggy
08-02-2004, 06:39 PM
here is another 'jedi' code for the people in this thread

There is emotion as i love Bastila

There is ignorance as other people think they love Bastila too

There is passion as i want Bastila

There is chaos as everyone else wants Bastila too

There is death to anyone who tries to take Bastila from me

hope u like this one

PR-0927
08-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
I agree FiEND... Now thats comedy! :D

[Sigmund Freud]

Majin lets talk about your Bastila breast fixation. Do you have her running around in her underwear all the time in game?

[/Sigmund Freud]

J/K Majin! :D

Well, I did...until she started getting hurt.

@Majin Revan's protectiveness of Bastila
Disarm's booby traps, and rescues Bastila. She is very greatful, and assures me that she could have rescued herself. After some pointing out, that she most likely couldn't have, and that I am nicer than Majin Revan , she promises to be completely and utterly mine .

How dare you!!

*Recaptures Bastila, kills Jedi_5002, and f*cks Bastila...everyday!!*

kome566
08-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Peace is a lie,there is only chaos
Through Chaos,I bring Destruction
Through Destruction,I bring Bastila with me
Through Bastila,We have babies.

The Kome Shall Set Me On Fire :devburn:

Aleggy
08-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Hello brothers and sisters of kotor anonymous it has come to my attention that there is another side affect from playing kotor

it would appear that many of our members have a fixation for bastila

there are 2 possible cures for this problem

1) get some therapy and come to terms with the fact that bastila is not a real person but a computer character in your game

2) get a girl/boyfriend (a real one in the real world) the sims do not count

if you find yourself fixating about any computer character in any game it may be helpful tpwards your mental health to seek out help from a therapist

Aleggy
08-03-2004, 10:45 AM
spelling error tpwards - towards

my apologies

RedHawke
08-04-2004, 02:50 AM
spelling error tpwards - towards

my apologies

Aleggy you can edit your post to correct those, mospelling :D mistakes.

Just click on the Edit icon at the bottom of your post between Rate and Quote.

I hope this helps! :D

FiEND_138
08-04-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Majin Revan
How dare you!!

WoW, now thats an addiction to pixels, if I've ever seen one.

*Runs from thread screaming their insane :nut:*

RedHawke
08-04-2004, 03:30 AM
^^^^
RLMFAO!!! Once again... Good one FiEND! :D

kome566
08-04-2004, 12:21 PM
i wanna see some1 with an addiction create pixel girls . . .24/7 .Freaky. But i think red and prime have alrdy done it :D :D :D :D :devburn: :jumpfire:

Mav
08-05-2004, 05:34 AM
this threads name should be changed to "pixelated women lovers anonymous"

FiEND_138
08-05-2004, 07:14 AM
LmAO!!! Completly agree.

*Beats another hasty retreat from the pixel infatuated psychos of LF*

ahhh a jawa... weak:jawa

Aleggy
08-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
this threads name should be changed to "pixelated women lovers anonymous"

fair point but pixelated women fixations have been around since tomb raider first graced the playstation possibly even b4

lets be honest who hasnt thought what jessica rabbit would look like if she was a real women although technicly she's a toon and not a pixelated image on ur computer screen but who cares

RedHawke
08-06-2004, 01:39 AM
fair point but pixelated women fixations have been around since tomb raider first graced the playstation possibly even b4

Agreed! :D

lets be honest who hasnt thought what jessica rabbit would look like if she was a real women although technicly she's a toon and not a pixelated image on ur computer screen but who cares

Lets not forget all those hot Anime Babes! :D

Originally posted by FiEND_138
*Runs from thread screaming their insane :nut:*
*Beats another hasty retreat from the pixel infatuated psychos of LF*

[Sigmund Freud]

FiEND lets talk about your KOTOR Anonymous Thread fixation. You run away yet you seem to come back... Interesting.

[/Sigmund Freud]

J/K FiEND! :D

Samuel Dravis
08-06-2004, 01:46 AM
DUN DUN DUN.....I have forsaken KotOR and Bastila *gasp!* for NWN. Please don't hurt me.... :eek:

Aleggy
08-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Hiya brothers and sisters of kotor anonymous i have created a chat room in msn.groups called kotor anonymous for us all to chat in if u so wish,if u want to join here is a link

http://groups.msn.com/KotorAnonymous/chat.msnw

you are all welcome

if you know of anyone else who is also addicted do not hesitate to invite them too

Aleggy
08-06-2004, 11:08 AM
maybe i'm just dumb but can anyone tell me how i can change myself from being bantha fodder

if its dependant on how many post i have to post could someone plz tell me how many i need to change and what the stages are

Prime
08-06-2004, 11:34 AM
The names usually change every 50 or 100 posts. Unfortunately it takes quite a few posts to get a name that you might actually like. :) When you reach 1000 posts and become an uber-nerd like me you can choose your own title.

kome566
08-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Go transformers :P .I might check out the msn room sometime

Aleggy
08-07-2004, 09:18 AM
hello brothers and sisters of kotor anonymous i now have a councilling thread on my kotor anonymous site D_reamer915 so if any of you feel you need to express yourself or need just a bit of help coming to terms with your addiction join up today ITS FREE and leave a message and D_reamer915 will answer you, of course you may be lucky and she maybe in the chatroom so you'll be able to talk to her direct

Aleggy
08-09-2004, 01:58 PM
hello brothers and sisters of kotor anonymous just in case any of u are interested in chatting my room is open most days that i am not working but i intend to have the room open the whole of sunday 15th aug so dont be shy join up today and leave a message

http://groups.msn.com/KotorAnonymous/chat.msnw

here is the link u need to join the chatroom which is called kotor anonymous kome566 has already joined and im just waiting for the rest of u remember we are all members can u feel the love in this room :D ;) hope to see u all soon

nacho35
08-10-2004, 03:40 PM
....Uh I am not addicted. I just like to play it all the time. It makes me feel good. I am sure I could stop at anytime....

Achilles
08-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
....Uh I am not addicted. I just like to play it all the time. It makes me feel good. I am sure I could stop at anytime....

Yeah, I was up till almost 4am modding last night. I'm pretty sure that I have a problem.

nacho35
08-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Yeah, I was up till almost 4am modding last night. I'm pretty sure that I have a problem.

You wouldn't be working on your enclave mod would you? That is one I want to take a whack at.

Achilles
08-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
You wouldn't be working on your enclave mod would you? That is one I want to take a whack at.

Nah..that's one's finished, just waiting for a name :) I'm making a pair of Republic Heavy Blasters for Carth. Might finish them tonight....

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 01:46 AM

You and me both! :D

I even took a joke of yours Achillies and turned it into a mod... :D

Achilles
08-11-2004, 02:18 AM
You and me both! :D

I even took a joke of yours Achillies and turned it into a mod... :D

Proof that while I may need help, you definitely require an intervention *LOL*

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 02:49 AM

Thats also what happens when your job has you on-call for emergencies and nothing happens all night-morning, I get bored and make mods! :D

Edit: I was being paid when I made those mods as well! :D

jedi_5002
08-12-2004, 12:07 AM
This could get long (all the quotes (it's what you and I get for me not being here as often as I used to)). Go get something to drink. I'll wait. *waits five minutes* Ok then, I shall begin. In no particular order.

here is another 'jedi' code for the people in this thread

There is emotion as i love Bastila

There is ignorance as other people think they love Bastila too

There is passion as i want Bastila

There is chaos as everyone else wants Bastila too

There is death to anyone who tries to take Bastila from me

hope u like this one

I like it better than the first and better than the Sith Code because the Sith Code doesn't revolve around her as much and I'm TLS (True Light Side (not adhere to Jedi Code completely (though I will to this one :D), but the helping people aspect)). Also the third line in the first Jedi Code you made, confused me. I am going to use it in my sig. I like it so much. Thanks Aleggy.*

Originally posted by Majin Revan
Well, I did...until she started getting hurt.

How dare you!!

I keep her clothes on. It seems more practical (fighting sith, and other baddies in her underwear? :eyeraise: ), and she looks better that way IMO.

No you don't. The force is my ally, and my armor (look at avatar), and my lightsabers (http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img62&image=Yellow-Green_Saber.jpg). Besides, you made the mistake of coming at me from up wind, so I could smell you coming from a mile away (not necessarily a bad smell, but a smell nevertheless). Actually, no I couldn't, because there is no smell in hyperspace :p. Sorry, you lose. Try Again (No seriously don't). Not like you could, because you "Go directly to jail. You do not pass Go. You do not collect $200."

Hello brothers and sisters of kotor anonymous it has come to my attention that there is another side affect from playing kotor

it would appear that many of our members have a fixation for bastila

there are 2 possible cures for this problem

1) get some therapy and come to terms with the fact that bastila is not a real person but a computer character in your game

2) get a girl/boyfriend (a real one in the real world) the sims do not count

if you find yourself fixating about any computer character in any game it may be helpful tpwards your mental health to seek out help from a therapist

1) I know this. Most of the posts I make are semi- or full-joking.
2) I don't own The Sims (If you get this KUDOS)*
if you find...) It is good to have unrealistic dreams. It might make a realistic dream. *shrugs*

:rofl:

*KUDOS (in your choice of font, size, color, and formatting (Bold, etc. and Spoiler, etc.))

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 01:43 AM
^^^^
Uh.... Achillies... Aleggy... I think jedi_5002 is the one that needs an intervention!

(Just Kidding Jedi_5002!) :D

kome566
08-12-2004, 02:11 PM
I didnt know a LS person had such serious mental problems . . . :D (JKing . . .or Am I? :D )

RedHawke
08-13-2004, 03:03 AM
I didnt know a LS person had such serious mental problems . . . :D (JKing . . .or Am I? :D )

Word! :D

I know jedi_5002 you are having some seroius Bastila fixations, but we need to also talk about your Armor and Lightsaber (http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img62&image=Yellow-Green_Saber.jpg) fixations as well.

Just Kidding Jedi_5002! :D ... Or maybe not! :eyeraise:

Aleggy
08-14-2004, 06:51 PM
^^^^
Uh.... Achillies... Aleggy... I think jedi_5002 is the one that needs an intervention!

(Just Kidding Jedi_5002!) :D

lol you may have a point RedHawke

and as for using my bastilla jedi code in ur sig jedi_5002 your welcome and if im honest i guess im kinda flattered

hey im 27 and i can admit that lol

do you feel the love in this thread :D :p ;) :D

kome566
08-14-2004, 08:24 PM
I sure as hell do :eek: especially when we r talking about jedi_5002 affection problem with bastila :devburn:

Achilles
08-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Prime
The names usually change every 50 or 100 posts. Unfortunately it takes quite a few posts to get a name that you might actually like. :) When you reach 1000 posts and become an uber-nerd like me you can choose your own title.

Prime,

Looks like they dropped the limit to 500 posts. *wonders if they even bothered to make names for 1,000+ posts*

kome566
08-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Yay! 500 posts! Now I can make my new All Powerful name when i get there! . . . Me no telling . .. .. :devburn:

RedHawke
08-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Prime,

Looks like they dropped the limit to 500 posts. *wonders if they even bothered to make names for 1,000+ posts*

Actually Achillies they have, in the Forum feedback thread Boba Rhett posted the following (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95044) thread about the titles;

Originally posted by Boba Rhett
0-50 = Bantha Fodder
50-100 = Pit Droid
100-150 = Sith Probe Droid
150-200 = Battle Droid
200-250 = Ewok
250-300 = Tusken Raider
300-350 = Wampa
350-400 = Jawa
400-450 = Gungan
450-500 = Bantha
500-600 = Wookiee
600-650 = Rancor
650-700 = Stormtrooper
700-750 = Sith
750-800 = Jedi
800-999 = Sith Lord
1,000+ = Jedi Master or Custom Rank

So possibly the ability to add a custom rank simply dropped to 500 somewhere, it was also stated that the Rank changes depending on which forum you are posting in... or something like that. :D

Achilles
08-15-2004, 02:50 AM
Actually Achillies they have, in the Forum feedback thread Boba Rhett posted the following (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95044) thread about the titles;

So possibly the ability to add a custom rank simply dropped to 500 somewhere, it was also stated that the Rank changes depending on which forum you are posting in... or something like that. :D

That's good information to have.

RedHawke
08-15-2004, 03:16 AM
That's good information to have.

Yeah, when we couldn't post last night/morning I went in search of an announcement area to see what was up, and found that thread.

Achilles
08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Yeah, when we couldn't post last night/morning I went in search of an announcement area to see what was up, and found that thread.

I actually started keeping track of the ranks in Notepad about a week ago. Didn't finish it, but I never would have started if I'd known that was there.

RedHawke
08-15-2004, 03:36 AM
I actually started keeping track of the ranks in Notepad about a week ago. Didn't finish it, but I never would have started if I'd known that was there.

I was writing them down as well, until I saw Matt with a custom one and went into the control panel saw that I could also and made my own title and forgot the whole thing... Oh well! :D

I love the one rank when you get 30,000 posts the Shouldnt-I-Be-A-Moderator-By-Now?
Thats pretty funny... and probably true! :D

Master_Keralys
08-18-2004, 12:26 PM
What happened to people obsessing over Bastila's incredibly sexy (pixelated) figure? Gah!

I admit, I'm an addict to both the game and to Bastila... I love that...

"Oh, just shut up and kiss me, you babbling fool..."

If only they'd actually put in the anim for it...:D

Achilles
08-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Master_Keralys
What happened to people obsessing over Bastila's incredibly sexy (pixelated) figure? Gah!

We finally got some moderators over here. Please avoid creating another inappropriate Bastila thread or they'll lock this one too.

RubADucky
08-18-2004, 03:15 PM
There were two inappropriate threads about Bastila... I wonder whats going on in the Tomb Raider forums...

RedHawke
08-19-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
We finally got some moderators over here. Please avoid creating another inappropriate Bastila thread or they'll lock this one too.

Agreed! :D This thread was about being thouroughly addicted to KOTOR, and its horrible side-effects! :D

Lack of regular sleep...

Randomly flourishing an invisible set of lightsabers at work...

Sudden urges to search everywhere for lightsaber crystals...

Saying "yes my lord" to your boss one too many times, and now they expect it from you all the time...

Things like that! :D

If you find yourself doing any or all of these things then this is the thread for you.

Achilles
08-19-2004, 04:39 AM
Jotting down ideas for mods while you're supposed to be taking notes during meetings

Trying to find new ways to organize your Override folder

Skipping meals because you just can't tear yourself away from Tatooine...AGAIN!

Installing Star Wars fonts on your PC...and actually using them.

RedHawke
08-19-2004, 04:51 AM
You have memorized the whole list of cheat codes...

You have done the same with all of the warp codes...

You have put Solidus Snake's Kill Malak image on your work server as its new walpaper...

Saying "Smeeliya" instead of saying thanks...

Achilles
08-19-2004, 05:02 AM
You've entered every property for every game item into an Excel spreadsheet because you hate not knowing...

You mistakenly write down email addresses as g_w_bobsmith....

Your children can't understand why daddy keeps repeating "Gluupor wonky" and giggling to himself...

RedHawke
08-19-2004, 05:12 AM
You have just escaped the Leviathan (Again!) and then realize the sun has risen and you have to be to work in 20 minutes...

You contract a professional propmaker to make you a complete Darth Revan outfit...

You do the same for a Calo Nord outfit as well...

Your kids start actually using the word "Poodoo" in their vocabularies... and you actually don't mind... :eyeraise:

BTW: Nice new Sig image you have there Achillies!

Achilles
08-19-2004, 05:35 AM
ok, wow...you're just weird....:eyeraise:

And thanks! Svosh did the heavy lifting :D

RedHawke
08-19-2004, 07:38 AM
ok, wow...you're just weird....:eyeraise:

Thank you! :D

Oh yeah, and some other signs you are addicted to KOTOR;

You refer to all currency as credits...

You start to actually understand Wookie speak...

You have developed a dislike or affection for Cerka Corperation and their products...

Aleggy
08-19-2004, 03:42 PM
ok have any of you woken up on your day off started playing kotor and suddenly noticed that you need to put the light on because its dark outside

Achilles
08-19-2004, 07:33 PM
ok have any of you woken up on your day off started playing kotor and suddenly noticed that you need to put the light on because its dark outside

Oh yeah. Goes back to my "forgets to eat" comment :D

Aleggy
08-19-2004, 08:30 PM
^^^^^^^

forget to eat
forget to drink
forget to sleep
forget you got to work tomorrow morning
the list goes on lol
and i'm guessing we've all been there lol

Aleggy
08-19-2004, 08:42 PM

It seems we have a problem if you do find youselves salivating over Bastila please seek help

and i totally agree Achilles and RedHawk this is a thread about the addiction to kotor

Hiroki
08-19-2004, 09:26 PM
I can not stand Bastila...but that is because english women drive me insane, and not in a good way. Bad experiences.

FiEND_138
08-19-2004, 10:03 PM
^^ Heh, the whole arrogant- holier-than-thou thing gets to me. Love to shut her up on the star forge though. ;)

Telling friends to bow to me for I am the dark lord reborn.

Loss of friends.

Explaining to the boss I'm sleeping my shift because I spent the whole day freeing/conquering the galaxy, since getting off work the morning before.

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Telling friends to bow to me for I am the dark lord reborn.

Loss of friends.

Explaining to the boss I'm sleeping my shift because I spent the whole day freeing/conquering the galaxy, since getting off work the morning before.

Wow... FiEND you really are addicted to KOTOR!

J/K :D

FiEND_138
08-20-2004, 06:32 AM
Heh.... Just a little bit. Actually I find myself playing more MAFIA these days. Ahhh almost nothin like being a hitman with a Thompson in his hands :D

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 06:51 AM
Ahhh almost nothin like being a hitman with a Thompson in his hands :D

Ahh the Thompson... 90 Round Drum Mag Baby! Yeah! :uzi1:

Here is some more signs you are addicted to KOTOR...

You are walking the streets of Upper Taris thinking that this would be a pretty nice place to live...

You recently looked in a mirror and realized that from the lack of direct sunlight your complexion was starting to look quite Sith'y...

You have just bought Doom III but haven't installed it yet because you have to get into the Temple on the Unknown World First...

Achilles
08-20-2004, 07:06 AM
You have just bought Doom III but haven't installed it yet because you have to get into the Temple on the Unknown World First...

KotOR is the only game that I've complete since I bought it....

*looks shamefully over at War of the Ring, Prince of Persia:SoT, LOTR: Return of the King, Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast, Hitman 2, and Morrowind*

I've started each of these games, but have yet to complete any of them. Yet somehow I've finished KotOR more times than I can count.

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 07:21 AM
^^^^
I feel your pain Achillies. :)

*As I look over at Aliens Vs. Predator II, Warcraft III & TFT, NWN plus all the expansions, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds & Expansion (Not even Installed), Morrowind TES 3 and Doom 3 (Got today and have yet to install these 2 as well)*

I think you could call that a slight KOTOR addiction! :D

Achilles
08-20-2004, 07:36 AM
^^^^
I feel your pain Achillies. :)

*As I look over at Aliens Vs. Predator II, Warcraft III & TFT, NWN plus all the expansions, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds & Expansion (Not even Installed), Morrowind TES 3 and Doom 3 (Got today and have yet to install these 2 as well)*

I think you could call that a slight KOTOR addiction! :D
Well, I'm on vacation for the next 5 days...maybe I will play something else...

...or maybe I should stop kidding myself and admit that I'm going to up for the next 5 days straight working on mods.

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 08:55 AM
Well, I'm on vacation for the next 5 days...maybe I will play something else...

Not likely! :D

...or maybe I should stop kidding myself and admit that I'm going to up for the next 5 days straight working on mods.

I'll vote for this one! :) I want to see your 3rd recruitable NPC in your Jedi Council after all! :D

And with me, Doom 3 and Morrowind are going to have to sit on my shelf for a little while longer... I'm completing a Make Mission a Jedi Mod and Adding an Elder Merchant, our earlier discussion about that one motivated me! :)

So I would call that an addiction on both our parts! :D

Achilles
08-20-2004, 03:40 PM

I'll vote for this one! :) I want to see your 3rd recruitable NPC in your Jedi Council after all! :D

I should have the pack ready by Saturday. I had to back and basically rebuild Telkka Zil (new dialog, different class, replaces someone else, etc).

Third Guy is pretty much just sitting there waiting for the finishing touches.

jedi_5002
08-20-2004, 08:15 PM
A couple things:

KotOR is the only game that I've complete since I bought it....

*looks shamefully over at War of the Ring, Prince of Persia:SoT, LOTR: Return of the King, Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast, Hitman 2, and Morrowind*

I've started each of these games, but have yet to complete any of them. Yet somehow I've finished KotOR more times than I can count.

At least you can play Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I downloaded the demo, and aside from getting checksum errors It won't let me play it. I know what you are thinking "Checksum errors, well duh you aren't going to be able play it," BUT I hit retry and it continued to install, and I can load the game to the menu screen. When I hit new game it is fine. When I go through the curtains, I get a CTD. I still can play the other 3 PoP games, so I HATE UbiSoft now (not the first game (or demo) I have from them that doesn't work).
REALLY OT: I thought the control scheme for PoP3D was easy, just like the ones for the two prior, unlike others, only in 3D.

Done with the REALLY OT stuff.

---

One thing I would like to say about my previous posts about Bastila. It is (or now, was) an act. A joke. Really. I am perfectly aware she is a collection of pixels.

I have no mental instabilities because of HER :rolleyes: :D.

But seriously... Yeah I might have (definitely have) gone too far with it, but I am DONE now. As in, no going overboard on the insanely obsessive act/jokes and toning down, a great (or good (if I didn't use it that much)) deal, the use of Bastila in other ways (this is not a poor attempt at humor).

As for some who might point out that my sig would suggest otherwise... it is a cool Jedi Code (by Aleggy), hence I have it.

This is just to set the record straight.

RedHawke
08-21-2004, 12:15 AM
I should have the pack ready by Saturday. I had to back and basically rebuild Telkka Zil (new dialog, different class, replaces someone else, etc).

Third Guy is pretty much just sitting there waiting for the finishing touches.

Good news Achillies! :D

One thing I would like to say about my previous posts about Bastila. It is (or now, was) an act. A joke. Really. I am perfectly aware she is a collection of pixels.

I have no mental instabilities because of HER :rolleyes: :D.

As for some who might point out that my sig would suggest otherwise... it is a cool Jedi Code (by Aleggy), hence I have it.

This is just to set the record straight.

[Sigmund Freud]

So tell us more Jedi_5002 of your new denial issues.

[/Sigmund Freud]

J/K Jedi_5002! :D... or not! :eyeraise:

kome566
08-21-2004, 12:19 AM
No need to shield urself from us after all that you told us about ur affection to bastila jedi_5002! We actually enjoy it...wel at least i do :rofl: :D :D :D

RedHawke
08-21-2004, 12:58 AM
^^^^
Now... now... kome566 this is not a I love bastila thread any longer, we have been asked to stop... notice kome566 in my post above yours I did not discuss Bastila, just Jedi_5002's denial issues! :D

This is an I'm addicted to KOTOR thread so please stay on topic! :D

Darth333
08-21-2004, 04:09 PM
How is the therapy going? I hope this thread is efficient in increasing your addiction :D

I want more mods!!! :p

Achilles
08-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
How is the therapy going? I hope this thread is efficient in increasing your addiction :D

I can help with that one. I should be releasing a few goodies this weekend :D

Aleggy
08-21-2004, 06:52 PM

like any of us need help in that department lol :D :laughing:

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 01:20 AM

*LOL* "Increasing your Addiction"

Like Achillies, I will be releasing some more stuff pretty soon, released the first ones allready! :D

kome566
08-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Ive alrdy told my addiction to ppl (See First Page Second Post Under Allegy)....what else can i say? :D

Achilles
08-22-2004, 01:57 AM
*LOL* "Increasing your Addiction"

Like Achillies, I will be releasing some more stuff pretty soon, released the first ones allready! :D
I might have something cool to go with your mod if I can get the models working. Interested?

PS: Nice work once again :D

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 02:15 AM
I might have something cool to go with your mod if I can get the models working. Interested?

PS: Nice work once again :D

Hmm... am I interested?... let me think... YES I am! :D

Which mod the new Mission one or the Elder Merchant?

And for the PS Thanks Again! :D

Achilles
08-22-2004, 02:27 AM
Which mod the new Mission one or the Elder Merchant?

Mission. I'll pm you with the details once I get this stuff ironed out.

jedi_5002
08-22-2004, 08:42 AM

[Sigmund Freud]

[/Sigmund Freud]

J/K Jedi_5002! :D... or not! :eyeraise:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
This just made my day! NO, WEEK!!
You are a constant source of comic relief (your posts that is).
Now for a rebuttal:

[Sigmund Freud] So, RedHawke, tell me more about your obession of talking like me. [/Sigmund Freud]

No need to shield urself from us after all that you told us about ur affection to bastila jedi_5002! We actually enjoy it...wel at least i do :rofl: :D :D :D

Well, I was in error. It is more like my active obsession has turned into a passive longing *plays Sehnsucht by Rammstein*. I don't, all the time now, use Bastila in examples, and try to make fun using her as the subject. Sometimes though.

FiEND_138
08-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Now for a rebuttal:

[Sigmund Freud] So, RedHawke, tell me more about your obession of talking like me. [/Sigmund Freud]

:animelol: Nice..... *Still laughing*

RedHawke
08-23-2004, 01:08 AM
Now for a rebuttal:

*LOL* :rofl:

Well jedi_5002 would you have preferred;

[Dr. Phil]

[/Dr. Phil]

I figure ol' Siggy's voice is a little more funny in those contexts! :D

jedi_5002
08-23-2004, 07:53 AM
@FiEND
I aim to please. You do a good job yourself.

*LOL* :rofl:

Well jedi_5002 would you have preferred;

[Dr. Phil]

[/Dr. Phil]

I figure ol' Siggy's voice is a little more funny in those contexts! :D

[Sigmund Freund]Hmmm... Interesting. Tell me more of your obsession of talking like doctors.[/Sigmund Freud]:D

Might it be, you don't think you have what it takes to offer advice yourself without using a doctor as the speaker? ;) :D

messkell
08-23-2004, 07:59 AM
lol.... Sigmund Freud, Dr. phil...who's next? Dr Ruth? :):)

Achilles
08-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by messkell
Don't date yourself now. The youngin's around here probably have no idea who Dr. Ruth is....or Dr. Spock.

I think we should all take a moment to give thanks that Dr. Laura hasn't made an appearance :D

messkell
08-23-2004, 08:18 AM
good point, achilles.... It's a good thing I didn't mention Dr. Zhivago :)

Achilles
08-23-2004, 08:46 AM
good point, achilles.... It's a good thing I didn't mention Dr. Zhivago :)

Who? :)

RedHawke
08-23-2004, 09:15 AM
[Sigmund Freund]Hmmm... Interesting. Tell me more of your obsession of talking like doctors.[/Sigmund Freud]:D

Might it be, you don't think you have what it takes to offer advice yourself without using a doctor as the speaker? ;) :D

:disaprove I think I have really gotten to jedi_5002 he can't think of a good comeback and has to reuse mine... twice...

J/K Jedi_5002 :D

And Achillies... Dr. Zhivago is a older movie.

Achilles
08-23-2004, 09:17 AM
:disaprove I think I have really gotten to jedi_5002 he can't think of a good comeback and has to reuse mine... twice...

J/K Jedi_5002 :D

And Achillies... Dr. Zhivago is a older movie.
Uhh...yeah...older. Like Danny Kaye, only with out singing or dancing...or without Danny Kaye for that matter.

Old people :rolleyes:

RedHawke
08-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Uhh...yeah...older. Like Danny Kaye, only with out singing or dancing...or without Danny Kaye for that matter.

Old people :rolleyes:

Like 1965 older... you can read about it here. (http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=2&q=http://www.imdb.com/Title%3FDoctor%2BZhivago%2B(1965)&e=7317)

It was even before my time! :D

Achilles
08-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Like 1965 older... you can read about it here. (http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=2&q=http://www.imdb.com/Title%3FDoctor%2BZhivago%2B(1965)&e=7317)

It was even before my time! :D
How ironic that Obi-wan...I mean Alec Guiness is in it.

I'd tell you that I'm familiar with the movie, but I don't want to spoil your fun :D

messkell
08-23-2004, 04:58 PM

I'd tell you that I'm familiar with the movie, but I don't want to spoil your fun :D

two light side points for you achilles! I didn't think that anyone would notice that Alec Guiness was in that movie... :)

Achilles
08-23-2004, 05:09 PM
two light side points for you achilles! I didn't think that anyone would notice that Alec Guiness was in that movie... :)
A little Alec Guiness trivia: He regretted taking the role of Obi-Wan. He thought Star Wars was fluff and hated the fact that Obi-Wan was his most memorable role :(

Aleggy
08-23-2004, 06:54 PM

now i'm not entirely sure here but wasnt there a film called the man in white in which a man creats a material that cant get dirty and makes himself a white suit out of it- and the man in the white suit was Alec Guiness

and didn't mr Alec Guiness warn one of the beatles that if he drove in his new car he would die and sure enough that very day the beetle died in a car crash in the very car Alec Guiness had warned him about

kome566
08-23-2004, 10:00 PM
:eyeraise: For realz? Omgz hes a fortune teller...or a Death Lookout :D

Aleggy
09-01-2004, 02:49 AM

well u never know we might start making Dr Who gags but i'm not lol

isnt it amazing the subjects we'd rather talk about rather than our addiction to kotor :D lol :D

oh and jedi_5002 i still get a kick whenever i see my Bastilla jedi code in ur sig so ty for using it and ur very welcome

Aleggy
09-01-2004, 02:58 AM
ok i'm gonna kinda go off topic here

as i'm sure many of u are aware one of the revealed characters for kotor 2 tsl is darth sion who is in pieces and in theory should be dead but he is holding himself together by the power of the darkside

now this is what i'm thinking does anyone else other than me suddenly wonder if the reason darth vader suddenly died the way he did (because to be honest i never fully understood it) was because as well as all the gadgets he was using he was also using the darkside to keep himself alive so when he turned back to the light and let go of his anger and the darkside he also kind of condemned himself to death so in a sense he knowingly sacrificed his life for lukes

Achilles
09-01-2004, 06:17 AM
ok i'm gonna kinda go off topic here

as i'm sure many of u are aware one of the revealed characters for kotor 2 tsl is darth sion who is in pieces and in theory should be dead but he is holding himself together by the power of the darkside

now this is what i'm thinking does anyone else other than me suddenly wonder if the reason darth vader suddenly died the way he did (because to be honest i never fully understood it) was because as well as all the gadgets he was using he was also using the darkside to keep himself alive so when he turned back to the light and let go of his anger and the darkside he also kind of condemned himself to death so in a sense he knowingly sacrificed his life for lukes
Well, that and I think his proximity to the Emperor's Force Lightning shorted out his suit.

RedHawke
09-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Well, that and I think his proximity to the Emperor's Force Lightning shorted out his suit.

Yup... That's what happened. :D

:vader3: + :lightning = shock1 & :holosid:

Aleggy
09-03-2004, 02:20 PM

well as a kid thats what i figured but even then i had difficulty believing that a mere bit of electricity could kill darth vader i mean if that were the case r2 d2 could a killed him when he invaded his ship in the 1st movie or they could of set a whole team of astro droids to fry darth vaders suit at any time. Maybe that is how he died but it didnt make to much sense to me even as a kid so my theory to me makes a bit more sense to me that is however if u wish to dissagree u r more than welcome

RedHawke
09-04-2004, 10:13 PM
well as a kid thats what i figured but even then i had difficulty believing that a mere bit of electricity could kill darth vader i mean if that were the case r2 d2 could a killed him when he invaded his ship in the 1st movie or they could of set a whole team of astro droids to fry darth vaders suit at any time. Maybe that is how he died but it didnt make to much sense to me even as a kid so my theory to me makes a bit more sense to me that is however if u wish to dissagree u r more than welcome

Well... Force Lightning is a lot more than simple electricity, it is a corruption of the force, and only occurs when someone channels their darker baser emotions, and the damage the 'lightning' causes is proportonal to the levels of emotional imput of the one creating it.

Darth Vader/Aniken Skywalker had the ability of Absorbing/Dissapating Energy, shown in Bespin when he absorbed Han Solo's blaster bolts in the dining room scene, just like Yoda had in EP2 when he fought Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus, Yoda absorbed Dooku's 'lightning' and even sent some of that dark energy back at him, only Vader was acting without pre-meditation and was quite unprepared for the sheer power of Darth Sideous/Palapatines 'lightning' and he used his last remaining strength to pick up and cast the surprised Palapatine down a convienient reactor shaft in the throne room, redeeming himself, and also frying every system in his suit.

Just my 2 cents! :D

Sam Fisher
09-05-2004, 06:26 AM
Well, KotoR is a VERY sweet game graphics wise, and story wise. But the only problem that I had with it, its so damn linear.

I was addicted to it the first 2 weeks, but since, haven't even been playing :(

And it was too short.

Aleggy
09-15-2004, 07:54 AM
i have some interesting news on the release date for kotor2

there has been some confusion about the release dat due to the trailers saying feb 05 and now saying dec 04 well they are both correct

the release dates are Dec 04 for the xbox
and Feb 05 for the pc

i hope this changes as i know many of u are pc owners and cant wait to complete it umpteen times and then start modding

also there has been some upset on other threads about when you'll get ur lightsabre

spoiler alert if u dont want to be spoiled then look away now

at the start of the game u wake up in some medical facility there other jedi around u but u soon learn they are all dead u soon find a jedi cowering in a corner

at this point u do not have a lightsabre but u do have the option of a sidequest to go find ur lightsabre

i found this info on a lucasarts forum and aparnetly obsidian have even more info if u want to go look for it

Aleggy
09-15-2004, 07:59 AM
spoiler alert

there is also in kotor 2 an optional tutroial

if u take this u start as T3 and u go around fixing the ebon hawke coz it just so happens to be conveniantly for ur tutorial in bad shape

for me this is good news

y

because its optional as i am aware many of u found the endire spire level boring which is y many of u modders found ways to cut it out

stingerhs
09-15-2004, 09:43 AM
i'll admit it, i've been addicted to kotor for a long time. i first got it for christmas of 2003. since then i've bougth & COMPLETED jedi academy, halo (pc version), and farcry. oh yeah, don't forget that i've put in hours upon hours of playing the multiplayer mode on each. despite that, i still mod and play kotor, and the only other game i play right now is farcry.

[freaked out] i can't put it down. its TAKING ME!!!!! [/freaked out]

you do realize that i'll soon lose interest in farcry but yet continue to play KOTOR????? its almost scary if you think about it too much, especially since i HATE most rpgs (with a passsion, might i add). fps are just so much more interesting, well, for a while anyway... :rolleyes:

Aleggy
09-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
i'll admit it, i've been addicted to kotor for a long time. i first got it for christmas of 2003. since then i've bougth & COMPLETED jedi academy, halo (pc version), and farcry. oh yeah, don't forget that i've put in hours upon hours of playing the multiplayer mode on each. despite that, i still mod and play kotor, and the only other game i play right now is farcry.

[freaked out] i can't put it down. its TAKING ME!!!!! [/freaked out]

you do realize that i'll soon lose interest in farcry but yet continue to play KOTOR????? its almost scary if you think about it too much, especially since i HATE most rpgs (with a passsion, might i add). fps are just so much more interesting, well, for a while anyway... :rolleyes:

i'm with u stingerhs i hated rpg's until kotor i've heard that 'never winter nights' (another rpg made by bioware) is just as good but i've yet to play it, i also have halo but on the xbox and with ur recomendation i may try farcry some time soon(have to save up the pennies to buy it first lol)

stingerhs
09-15-2004, 01:34 PM
i'm with u stingerhs i hated rpg's until kotor i've heard that 'never winter nights' (another rpg made by bioware) is just as good but i've yet to play it, i also have halo but on the xbox and with ur recomendation i may try farcry some time soon(have to save up the pennies to buy it first lol)

whatever you do: get farcry. that game owns all other fps, including half-life, doom 3, and halo.

its just such a different game from most fps. insane graphics, somewhat stealth-based gameplay, and it has lots of variety in the missions. plus, it'll take you about 12-15 hrs to complete (mostly because you really need stealth to survive, and that takes time :D). oh yeah, and the enemy ai is EXTREMELY intelligent.

trust me, this game is well worth the money (kinda like kotor if you think about it :p )

Aleggy
09-21-2004, 03:12 PM
ok i know i started this as a kotor anonymous thread and it still is but since we've gone off topic so many times here's topic to talk about thats off topic

i am addicted to kotor but part of the reason of this is because i'm addicted to star wars

i now own the original versions of star wars episodes 4,5&6 on vhs i have the special editions on vhs and now i have the special editions on dvd with even more changes to them

so how many of you now have the dvd set

and how many of you have the same problem as me

too many copies, but too attached to sell or give away

:D :confused: :emperor:

Aleggy
09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
ok i have a question for anyone out there who knows the answer

ok them big white rectangles u know the spoiler tags i was wondering since they are all different sizes is that because the actual spoiler is inside it if so how do u access it if not then y r some so big in comparrison to some big just a thin strip

Aleggy
09-28-2004, 03:23 PM
ok i have another off topic question

does anybody know what the verpine race look like
according to kotor they an insect like race

and it would apear they are very good at making visors for humanoids

Redhawke and Achilles I know that if anyone knows u 2 do or know someone who does lol

RedHawke
09-28-2004, 06:52 PM
ok i have another off topic question

does anybody know what the verpine race look like
according to kotor they an insect like race

and it would apear they are very good at making visors for humanoids

Redhawke and Achilles I know that if anyone knows u 2 do or know someone who does lol

And you are correct Aleggy I do indeed know what the Verpine are, but lukeiamyourdad beat me to it in this thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137093)

The link lukeiamyourdad gives is pretty acurate on the Verpine.

I hope this helps! :D

Aleggy
09-30-2004, 09:27 AM
lmao that was the very thread that prompted me to ask lol and i see you've already replied on that thread to lol ty RedHawke

RedHawke
09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
lmao that was the very thread that prompted me to ask lol and i see you've already replied on that thread to lol ty RedHawke

I love spreading the evil... er'... knowledge. :D

StormTrooper789
10-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Jotting down ideas for mods while you're supposed to be taking notes during meetings

Trying to find new ways to organize your Override folder

Skipping meals because you just can't tear yourself away from Tatooine...AGAIN!

Installing Star Wars fonts on your PC...and actually using them.
I jot down mod ideas during school and I have StarWars fonts.
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Well, KotoR is a VERY sweet game graphics wise, and story wise. But the only problem that I had with it, its so damn linear. I was addicted to it the first 2 weeks, but since, haven't even been playing. :( And it was too short.

That's what mods are for! :)

RedHawke
10-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
That's what mods are for! :)

*Nods Head In Agreement*

True... True... :D

*Yoinked*
10-04-2004, 07:48 AM
I agree with Redhawke who is agreeing with Stormtrooper789, to quote Mono_Giganto "Mods make even terrible games seem great" not that KotOR is bad or anything :rolleyes: ;) :D

JediConsularAD
10-04-2004, 08:02 AM
to view the spoilers just highlight the text and it will turn blue.
this is because it is white text on a white background:deathstar :deathii:

Aleggy
10-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Achilles i have to confess i have for some time now been very jealous of your avatar

do you know where i could get a similar one of ben kenobi:D :D