PDA

View Full Version : Mikey's WTF of the Week!


Mike Windu
07-29-2004, 12:44 PM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/533/533231p1.html


Read it and weep. Weep for the future of Star Wars.

ZBomber
07-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Lego Star Wars has been announced for A LONG time. ;)

RoxStar
07-29-2004, 01:08 PM
That kinda looks like ahoax to me. But its not April 1st. Oh well.

ET Warrior
07-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by RoxStar
That kinda looks like ahoax to me. But its not April 1st. Oh well.

Kinda looks like a stupid to me. They're getting desperate for star wars ideas, when really all they need to do is make a new Xwing vs. Tie Fighter game and I'll be happy with them.

RoxStar
07-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Squad based teams? Why squad based legos? Oh well. Battlefront shall keep me happy.

coupes.
07-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Aparently the EpIII game scheduled to be released 2 weeks before the movie will blow us away with it's authentic saber combat and force attacks...

linko (http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/91.html)

ET Warrior
07-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Apparently, we already have a thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132678) talking about the episode III game :xp:

Kain
07-29-2004, 01:36 PM
This deserves a pattented old fasioned
*banging*
*head*
*on*
*keyboard*


Expand your Imagi-Nation

jebbers
07-29-2004, 01:38 PM
two of my most favorite things in the world Star Wars and LEGOS....but combined?? only time will tell if its really good or bad...


*resumes playing with legos and steps on one*

Damit!

coupes.
07-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Apparently, we already have a thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132678) talking about the episode III game :xp:
Woah ! where did this one come from ? anyways I was just pointing out that the game could bring back some life in the SW gaming world...



stupid mods... :D

Rad Blackrose
07-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
Aparently the EpIII game scheduled to be released 2 weeks before the movie will blow us away with it's authentic saber combat and force attacks...

linko (http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/91.html)

Oh, I'm sorry, can I laugh yet?

Better yet, let me go fish for my "calling BS" pictures.

Mex
07-29-2004, 02:39 PM
I think I stepped in something.. *Looks at shoe* Wait, thats the new Star Wars Lego Game that was on my foot, and smelt so bad.

Doomie
07-29-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't see what's so bad about it, and i certainly don't see what impact this game will have on the future of starwars. First off, the fact that it's LEGO doesn't matter. LEGO starwars has been around for a long time, and a game doesn't make it better or worse.
SEeond off, i happen to like LEGO starwars. I'm still working on completing my OT sets collection, but they keep making more... Although this might be because of my slightly younger age. Anyway, when i was a bit younger, i kinda hoped they'd make a LEGO starwars game, though i might be getting a bit too old for it...

--ZeeMan--
07-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
stupid mods... :D

lol speak for yourself :p

besides..what's so bad about lego making sw oriented pieces?

Doomie
07-29-2004, 04:11 PM
people start bitching over it...

But then again, that's the bad thing about everything...

EDIT: just because i can't really post this in a convenient place:

Holy smoke! ET, a moderator? why'd they close that thread before i could complain... Not that i would... Jeez, i'm gone for a while and wham! why do we need all these new mods anyway?

Luckily everyone got rid of this stupid ninja hype too... except for TiE...

acdcfanbill
07-29-2004, 05:05 PM
i think both Obi Wan and JK2 touted REALISTIC saber systems and SUPER DOOPER AWESOME DESTRUCTO force powers.... *shrug*

legameboy
07-29-2004, 05:22 PM
LEGO Starwars, hmm, it sounds like a little bit of fun.

Well, we'll see.

ET Warrior
07-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Holy smoke! ET, a moderator? why'd they close that thread before i could complain... Not that i would... Jeez, i'm gone for a while and wham! why do we need all these new mods anyway?

Luckily everyone got rid of this stupid ninja hype too... except for TiE...

Well RP is the one who closed it, I guess all the love and admiration thrown at him was getting on his nerves :xp:

We need new mods because you kids are just too unruly :indif:

And legameboy still has his ninja avvie, and I'm still King Ninja :dozey:

stupid mods...

You would know, as you've held the title longer than I :xp:

Mike Windu
07-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Bloody mods :p Stop gloating over the titles already!

:D

CapNColostomy
07-30-2004, 05:17 AM
Wow. Here's an idea. Instead of buying a game about Star Wars shaped and painted Legos, why not JUST BUY THE REAL DAMNED STAR WARS SHAPED AND PAINTED LEGOS?!?!?!?! DAMMIT!!! ARRRGGGHH!!!!

I kept putting off looking into this thread, and now I know NEVER to doubt my instincts.

Astrotoy7
07-30-2004, 05:57 AM
I have some SW lego....

slave 1 w fett.... cool :D
xw with luke and r2......cool
tie fighter....cool :D

not really interested in that game tho, im thinkin its more oriented at the young-uns, so stop canning 'coz its not ROXOORRZ and doesnt use the <insert name of overhypoed game engine>

:p

mtfbwya

Sam Fisher
07-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Not that appealing to me...

And that game had better be damn good...

Kain
07-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Not that appealing to me...

And that game had better be damn good...

I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you, then...


Expand your Imagi-Nation

ET Warrior
07-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Kain
I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you, then...

I especially wouldn't hold your breath until the game is released because, you know, you'll probably pass out.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Why am I the only one who thinks it looks cool?


It's got those cutesy character models and light sabers to kill them with :D.

I'm surprised they haven't done this earlier :rolleyes:.


It might not be a purchase, but deffinitly a rental.

dark jedi 8
07-30-2004, 01:17 PM
i'm curious, so i'll rent it. but KOTOR2 is all i need from star wars. that and probably battlefront.:)

Doomie
07-30-2004, 03:24 PM
hmmm, i might DL a demo of it, and when that's cool, i might get it somewhere... thoguh i probably wouldn't buy it...

EDIT: hmmm, it SOUNds kinda neat... if it weren't LEGO, i'd probably go for it...

But if it weren't lego, it would've had more gore 'n stuff. :D

Chewbacco
07-30-2004, 04:18 PM
I wonder how the lego people die in the battles. Do they just explode? That would make me laugh. I wouldn't mind seeing it, just to see how they do the animations of the lego characters.:)

Doomie
07-30-2004, 05:13 PM
well, lego-ish i suppose. only with flexible arms and legs, like in that picture...it hink it would be kinda nice to play actually...

jebbers
07-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
I have some SW lego....

slave 1 w fett.... cool :D
xw with luke and r2......cool
tie fighter....cool :D


which ones...the first wave or the second wave that just recently came out?

o and i have lots of them but they are nothig compared to my brothers collection...hes got about 25+ sets i think....i have a picture some where of all of them build and on his table...looks really cool!

Darth Groovy
07-31-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Kinda looks like a stupid to me. They're getting desperate for star wars ideas, when really all they need to do is make a new Xwing vs. Tie Fighter game and I'll be happy with them.

I got an idea even better than that. Why don't they make a game actually based on the Original Trilogy that uses something OTHER than the Quake III engine? Something that combines smoothe impressive modern graphics, with the same gameplay appeal as Super Star Wars for SNES?!

Why LucasArts will never figure this out is beyond me. Totally. :rolleyes:

My gripe with most SW titles in the last 5 years is that they all seem to be clones of other games already out there on the market.

SWG is basically Everquest.
JA is Quake III with lightsabers.
Galactic Battlegrounds is Age of Kings II
SWBF will be BF1942 ala Star Wars
and even Republic Commando is Unreal Tournament ala Star Wars.

Only real impressive stand alone title out right now, is KOTOR!

What fans want and need, is to feel as if they are actually IN the original movie , rather than all the third rate knock off, and mock ups that are already out there. Personally, I am sick of all the Greedo, and Bib Fortuna clones running around in different costumes sporting Force Powers. I would much rather be in a game that has ALL of the characters from the Original Trilogy, doing EXACTLY what they do in the Original Trilogy.

And BTW, as much as I love the new material, I think LucasArts has gummed Episodes 1, and 2 to DEATH already! Sometimes I wonder if the real purpose for the new Trilogy was just an excuse to launch a whole new line of suckey games, that everyone basically hates anyways. :rolleyes:

Sabretooth
07-31-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Kain
This deserves a pattented old fasioned
*banging*
*head*
*on*
*keyboard*


Expand your Imagi-Nation

Follows Kain

Doomie
07-31-2004, 11:34 AM
KotOR = Neverwinter nights. Sort of.
And i think RC looks more like Halo

And a little detail: It's not Age of kings 2 but Age of Empires 2: the age of kings.

And thoguh i agree with Groovy that they could put some effort in original games, personally, i think that SW versions of already existing games aren't a bad thing at all...

And a new Xwing vs. TIE fighter game would be great indeed... i only have TIE fighter but i heard it was pretty much the same anyway... one of the best things wsa that, though there were hundreds of different controls, it was very easy to steer my craft into the right direction and stuff...

EDIT: Oh and about LEGO starwars: jsut be happy that there never will be a starwars barbie...

Always look on the bright side.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-31-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I got an idea even better than that. Why don't they make a game actually based on the Original Trilogy that uses something OTHER than the Quake III engine? Something that combines smoothe impressive modern graphics, with the same gameplay appeal as Super Star Wars for SNES?!

Why LucasArts will never figure this out is beyond me. Totally. :rolleyes:

My gripe with most SW titles in the last 5 years is that they all seem to be clones of other games already out there on the market.

SWG is basically Everquest.
JA is Quake III with lightsabers.
Galactic Battlegrounds is Age of Kings II
SWBF will be BF1942 ala Star Wars
and even Republic Commando is Unreal Tournament ala Star Wars.

Only real impressive stand alone title out right now, is KOTOR!

What fans want and need, is to feel as if they are actually IN the original movie , rather than all the third rate knock off, and mock ups that are already out there. Personally, I am sick of all the Greedo, and Bib Fortuna clones running around in different costumes sporting Force Powers. I would much rather be in a game that has ALL of the characters from the Original Trilogy, doing EXACTLY what they do in the Original Trilogy.

And BTW, as much as I love the new material, I think LucasArts has gummed Episodes 1, and 2 to DEATH already! Sometimes I wonder if the real purpose for the new Trilogy was just an excuse to launch a whole new line of suckey games, that everyone basically hates anyways. :rolleyes:


I am 99% there with ya Groovy :).

the 1% is due to the Republic commando being UT. It looks to me more like Rainbow Six ;).


But hell any of us can say the games are clones... That doesn't stop them from putting them out. Maybe the folks down and LA should mosy on over to the swamp and we'll tell them what for!

Ahh well, we can dream :rolleyes:.

Though I since there aren't that many original titles. I still enjoy the games. :(

Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 10:24 AM
EDIT: Oh and about LEGO starwars: jsut be happy that there never will be a starwars barbie...

Shhhh don't give them any ideas!!! And ya it would be nice to have a game based on the original trilogy, and one that doesn't suck.

RoxStar
08-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
I am 99% there with ya Groovy :).

the 1% is due to the Republic commando being UT. It looks to me more like Rainbow Six ;).


But republic commando uses the Same bloody Enginge as Unreal tournament!

Yes I know you were referring to the storyline but still. The multiplayer will be almost exactly like Unreal tournament.

Mike Windu
08-04-2004, 01:20 PM
And that's...bad?