PDA

View Full Version : [KOTOR] Recruitable RedHawke Released!

RedHawke
07-30-2004, 04:22 AM
New Version 1.4 Released 8-06-2004

Well after doing a lot of this! :headbump

I have finally finished my first recruit mod!
The NPC even comes with her own unique equipment!
The giveitem codes are in the readme.

Available Here! :lightning (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

She's a fiery redhead with glowing green eyes, a very powerful Neutral Force User, as well as a powerful full-conversion cyborg!

Nanotecnologically Enhanced Tissue over a Hyper-Alloy Endo-Skeleton!

She is as close as I could get to a KOTOR version of my 14 year vetran PnP WEG Star Wars D6 RPG character. And her name is where my screen name comes from.

Here are her force power Die Codes in that PnP RPG system; (The codes in parenthesis are with her Sith Talisman Technology, using a Force Nexus Crystal)
-----------------------
Control - 14D+2 ( 17D+2 )
Sense - 15D+2 ( 18D+2 )
Alter - 13D+1 ( 16D+1 )
-----------------------

With Darth333's awesome tutorial/help/idea this recruit mod does some cool things;

First through the recruitment Dialogue with her you can choose the NPC you wish her to replace. Except for Bastila and Carth. :D

Second I have added four Journal Entries for her as well as a dialogue so you can talk to her a few times, you can even talk to her after you find out who you really are. :D

And Lastly she has a scripted exit in the game, one that varies ever so slightly if you are light side or dark side. You'll just have to play it and see! :D

Thanks to Svösh, RedHawke uses the cool Evil Bastila Texture as her clothing texture,

She comes with a set of unique Crimson Revan Robes, hood up no mask, as well as a set of similar attributed Clothes, using Svösh's texture, with the same attributes so you can have her wear either one you want. I love them both! Thanks Svösh!!! :D

This mod also contains files in a subfolder that will make this mod compatable with My other item mods and Revan The White mods.

Also a .KMM file is included to make this mod useable with Cchargins Kotor Mod Manager or KMM program.

I hope you all enjoy it! :D

Update History
---------------------------------
V1.1 - Fixed an portraits.2da error.

V1.2 -
- Fixed a possible crash problem on Unknown World when Juhani or Jolee has been replaced.
- Removed the option of replacing Jolee Bindo, as he is required to complete the Unknown World Temple.

V1.3 - Removed a duplicate RedHawke NPC upon exiting the temple if Juhani is replaced.

V1.4 - Thanks to a good question by IAmAJedi13 at pcgamemods, I corrected a Missing NPC breaking the 'Carth running off' Dialogue on Unknown World, when going Darkside.

Patches
---------------------------------
For if you killed Juhani and want to put RedHawke in that slot I am attaching a fixed dialog file just extract it over the previous one in override. It is just a quick and dirty fix to the dialog so the line about Juhani will still be present. ;)

Xephyrus
07-30-2004, 04:44 AM
Wow, very nice job!

RedHawke
07-30-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Xephyrus
Wow, very nice job!

Thanks Xephyrus! :D

Xephyrus
07-30-2004, 04:57 AM
Quick question, will have you to start a new game to replace characters or can it be done in a game prior to the installation of the mod?

RedHawke
07-30-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Xephyrus
Quick question, will have you to start a new game to replace characters or can it be done in a game prior to the installation of the mod?

As long as you have Not been to Manaan in your game yet there should be no problems! :D

Mav
07-30-2004, 05:38 AM
First of all I would like to say Congradulations, because I know how hard and how long you have worked on this and it is a TREMENDOUS accomplishment, it is innovative and a breakthrough for modding I believe. Mav and Mav's little friend = :ewok: give it two thumbs up, excellent job.

I salute you RedHawke,

Mav

jedi_5002
07-30-2004, 06:09 AM
First off I would like to say great job, and I am currently downloading it as of writing this... and finishing it. Rarely does one see this much put into a mod.
From reading your description, I just have to say :drop2: and GREAT work.
Mav only gave it two thumbs up. I, however, give it ****** out of ***** stars (for those of you that can't count that's 6 out of 5 :D), :thumbs1::thumbs1: (4 thumbs up), a round of :clap2::clap2:, etc. Okay, MAYBE I went a littlle overboard... or not. RedHawke can be the judge :D. :cheers: RedHawke on a job well done.

Part of the reason I'm so happy is because with this post I will no longer be Bantha Fodder, I will be *drum roll* A PIT DROID... Well it's better than being bantha FOOD (happy mav). That and it's 05:00 here.

OT: Does anyone else stay up this late, or is it just crazy ol' me ;)?

:fett:

RedHawke
07-30-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by jedi_5002
OT: Does anyone else stay up this late, or is it just crazy ol' me ;)?

It's 3 am here... so you are not alone! :D

And thank you jedi_5002 for the compliments! :D
You downloaded it at the right time too, because of Mav's questions I caught a mistake in 1.0, there was no portrait in a normal game... DOH!!! I had one little number wrong. :D

Mav
07-30-2004, 06:18 AM
OT: Give me a break jedi_5002 I only have 2 thumbs SHEESH...lol. It's 12:00 am here and I stayed up as late as 3:00 working on mods before. Oh and just so you know fodder is a type of food not s***, so you were Bantha Food not Bantha s*** :)

@ RedHawke

Okay so the globalcat.2da file will be easy to edit...Thank God...LOL, cause I know I have a lot more work to do to get this to work for me...lol

Edit: I deleted two of my posts as to de-cluterize your thread, sorry, oh but I left this one so jedi_5002 knows waht fodder is..LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jackel
07-30-2004, 06:29 AM
Sounds and looks good. Ill grab a copy tomorrow.

And its currently 10:21 PM thursday night here.

RedHawke
07-30-2004, 06:57 AM
Enjoy the mod everyone! :D

Now I must use that soft furnature object in the other room, the one that restores fatigue and instills vitae!

Darth Dex
07-30-2004, 07:49 AM
Redhawke, you rule! Great mod!

nacho35
07-30-2004, 09:49 AM
I loved your item mods and I have waiting for someone to make a great NPC female. This is it! Won't be able to try it for a couple of days but If the mod works as good as your item mods, I'm sure it will be outstanding as well. It looks like I am going to have to finally learn how to combine Appearance 2DA files. So far, I have managed to "put that off" but the PC I use will conflict with this mod if I don't.

I plan to read the tutorials but there may be a noob question pop up in a couple of days.

Glamador
07-30-2004, 02:30 PM
this thing is reallly great! i havnt tried it yet but it sounds wonderful...does it have voices?

jedi_5002
07-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
It's 3 am here... so you are not alone! :D

And thank you jedi_5002 for the compliments! :D
You downloaded it at the right time too, because of Mav's questions I caught a mistake in 1.0, there was no portrait in a normal game... DOH!!! I had one little number wrong. :D

So I am not the only one who is completely off his (or her) rocker... *crickets chirping*... Ok, so I guess I am. At least I'm not the only one who stays up 'til the wee hours of dawn... *crickets chirping* (03:00 is not dawn). Oh well... it makes me... unique... :).......... :(.......... :cry7:...........

You are welcome. Nope I downloaded 1.0, so I'll just mosey on over to pcgamemods and download 1.1 (have done this).
Ahhh, computers. So stubborn (more so than me) they won't do what you want if it is the slightest bit wrong.

Originally posted by maverick187
OT: Give me a break jedi_5002 I only have 2 thumbs SHEESH...lol. It's 12:00 am here and I stayed up as late as 3:00 working on mods before. Oh and just so you know fodder is a type of food not s***, so you were Bantha Food not Bantha s*** :)

Edit: I deleted two of my posts as to de-cluterize your thread, sorry, oh but I left this one so jedi_5002 knows waht fodder is..LOL :lol:x5

No, I will not give you a break. Giving it only two thumbs up, when it is of clearly higher workmanship... blah blah blah blah blah... You should know better. :p j/k

Not as late as me (05:00, sometimes all night (I have few responsibilities currently (17, no job, no school (you know, a loser)))).

It smells like s*** though? The description says only they would consider eating it.

Why do you laugh at me with such zeal?

Mav
07-30-2004, 06:31 PM
I wasn't laughing at you jedi_5002 I was laughing with you ....lol.

Okay well, RedHawke I edited all the files that I needed to, and I was able to actually give the recruitment a run-through, and I must say I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, you have really outdone yourself RedHawke. GREAT WORK man Cheers.

Mav

Darth Gungis
07-30-2004, 06:38 PM
I wasn't laughing at you jedi_5002 I was laughing with you ....lol.

Okay well, RedHawke I edited all the files that I needed to, and I was able to actually give the recruitment a run-through, and I must say I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, you have really outdone yourself RedHawke. GREAT WORK man Cheers.

Mav

I second that!:D

svösh
07-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Your very welcome RedHawke, I’m glad people still like it , and use it. :D

Great mod I’ll give it a go soon :)
svösh

RedHawke
07-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Glamador
this thing is reallly great! i havnt tried it yet but it sounds wonderful...does it have voices?

Glamador, my freind, you seem to really have a need for voices in the game. :eek:

[Sigmund Freud]

Tell me Glamador, how long have you been hearing voices? What do they say to you?

[/Sigmund Freud]

J/K Glamador! :D

In answer to your question, No... there are no voices for RedHawke. Since Linda Hamilton or Heather Thomas weren't available, or free, poor RedHawke will have to remain voiceless. :D

I'm glad you all like the mod! :D

Glamador
07-31-2004, 12:02 AM
wow! i just tried it ingame (i wasnt up to manaan yet in my latest game). it absolutely KICKS ASS! the dialogue is PERFECT and all the references to obi-wan mixed with ur own ideas! absolute genius! get some custom voice acting in there and ur gonna be REALLY cookin'!...she's just a tad overpowered but that's ok by me! o and i have this issue...the robes...they're...additive...u can see thru them sort of...its wierd and if u could help me fix id be greatful!

RedHawke
07-31-2004, 01:19 AM
she's just a tad overpowered but that's ok by me! o and i have this issue...the robes...they're...additive...u can see thru them sort of...its wierd and if u could help me fix id be greatful!

Well Glamador you have to remember she is a 14 year vetran Pnp RPG character, I looked at the conversion information in the WEG D6 Star Wars RPG to WOTC D20 PnP Star Wars RPG in the Core book and she would be around Level OMFG+. And her stats would be actually twice what they are in game!

The robes aren't see through on RedHawke, do you mean when you put them on your PC?

The RedHawke Robes were meant for the NPC so they will be transparent on your PC unless you have My Revan the White mod installed as well, that will fix your transparency problem.

I hope this helps! :D

And Thanks for the compliments! :D :D

Mav
07-31-2004, 01:27 AM
To fix the transparency problem on your PC you are going to have to edit the appearence column named envmap from DEFAULT to CM_Baremetal for your PC's skin.

RedHawke
07-31-2004, 01:38 AM
To fix the transparency problem on your PC you are going to have to edit the appearence column named envmap from DEFAULT to CM_Baremetal for your PC's skin.

That could cause some problems Mav with other worn items in the game though, the reason it isn't transparent on RedHawke is because the N_DarthRevanF Revan cutscene model was used as her modelj and it has the EnvMapTexture field set at CM_Baremetal already on its line in appearance.2da, that is why I suggested my mod, as it does the same thing for the PC lines.

Of course I could be wrong on it messing things up, but I did change all of the PC fields in appearance.2da to CM_Baremetal long ago and some worn items went funky on me.

Mav
07-31-2004, 01:43 AM
really?? what items, because I did that to correct the transparency on one of my robes, but I haven't had any problems with any other armors or robes and I've worn most of them. Oh but there was that one time where my PC had gold hair, but I fixed the alpha channel so it doesn't happen anymore.....lol

Edit: *below* oh i see, yea teh asian head 05 has a little bit of a funky texture file with the alpha channel and my guy had some pure gold bangs...lol

RedHawke
07-31-2004, 01:50 AM
^^^^
[Ajunta Pall]

I... I don't remember... So long ago... So long in the dark.

[/Ajunta Pall]

It was before I upgraded my vid card so it could have been that, being that I was unsure of the cause, that is why I added "I could be wrong." :D

Mono_Giganto
07-31-2004, 10:40 PM
LoL nice job, too bad I've already been to Manaan. Oh well next play through I guess. :D

Mav
08-01-2004, 12:55 AM
M_G the key is to have about 10 different game saves like me....lol

AJL
08-01-2004, 10:09 AM
OK I have RedHawke in my party now... (haven't played much
since she joined so I don't know whats coming...) but I can't
say I like her so much...

1. Why does she have to be so damn strong in everything from
the begining and why does she have so over powered items ??

2. I replaced Juhani with her because her comments on my way
to use force and such annoys me it seems that she is still there
in new body... (she is still preaching of the darkside and...)

3. Her dialogue have no voice :mad: (Exept when the Juhani
ghost inside her is talking...)

Mav
08-01-2004, 09:21 PM
1. RedHawke answered this question already a few posts above.

2. I really don't think that RedHawke's dialogue is as annoying as catwomans. lol

3. This takes a lot of time and effort and I'm not sure that RedHawke has a mic, I know I don't besides I don't consider myself to be a very good voice actor anyway....lol, oh yea I think RedHawke answered this question above too.

Glamador
08-01-2004, 11:35 PM
i do pretty good voice acting but i unfortunately im not good at doing alternate voices...just one dark and evil and one high pitched and whiny apart from my normal voice...my voice just seems to come out pretty clear ingame and such...and i believe AJL is refering to the fact that even if u replace an NPC with redhawke he/she will still react with other NPCs in the same way (as in she will still comment on ur darkness when ur evil and stuff (in juhani's voice nonetheless! OMG NO!))

RedHawke
08-02-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by AJL
OK I have RedHawke in my party now... (haven't played much
since she joined so I don't know whats coming...) but I can't
say I like her so much...

1. Why does she have to be so damn strong in everything from
the begining and why does she have so over powered items ??

2. I replaced Juhani with her because her comments on my way
to use force and such annoys me it seems that she is still there
in new body... (she is still preaching of the darkside and...)

3. Her dialogue have no voice :mad: (Exept when the Juhani
ghost inside her is talking...)

*Must... Resist... Urge To Flame*

OK... you asked for this AJL!!!! :lightning

Allright... now that that is out of the way.

The answers to your questions.

1. READ THE README AND THIS THREAD!!!

2. READ THE README, ITS RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM!!!

3. READ THIS THREAD!!!

Sorry AJL... but the questions you asked, with the attached readme and this thread already answering those questions, is more than a little annoying! :mad:

It is painfully obvious that you have;

A. Not used a recruit mod before
B. You are expecting way too much out of it.

I make mods for myself, all ones that I actually use, so I only release them to share the wealth with others.

So if she isn't you cup of tea then, by all means, delete the mod from your override... Its not like I'm holding a gun to your head saying "AJL has to use it" or anything.

Sorry about you not liking it AJL!

AJL
08-02-2004, 06:46 AM
I can't remove it now... (It would screwup the save games...) but
thats not so big problem (even if I could use Juhani I wouldn't so
it just changes the look of the character I am not using...) :D

But anyway I restate my opinions... 1. Her items and properties
should be more normal level... 2. Her dialogue should have some
voice... (anything would be better than nothing...)

RedHawke
08-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by AJL
But anyway I restate my opinions... 1. Her items and properties
should be more normal level... 2. Her dialogue should have some
voice... (anything would be better than nothing...)

AJL, what did I ever do to you?

Did I wrong you somehow in a previous life?

Why do you post this again when both Mav and I have already clearly answered you about that stuff?

Before you came here inquiring about things... Didn't it ever occur to you to download another recriuit mod and see if some of the same things occur with that mod as well?

Like new NPC's talking other replaced NPC's lines, once again the explination is at the bottom of my readme, and the lack of voice tracks for new recruited NPC's in general.

This is all fairly common recruit mod stuff, the only one I know of that has some custom voice tracks is Darth333's recruitable Dustil mod, if I recall she skillfully franken-pasted some Dustil voice tracks together for the mod, taking a boatload of time in doing so, still I believe those lines to be very limited as well.

AJL, I am not, in any way, saying you do not have the right to your opinion, far from it...

But stating it once is enough, with your repeating of your opinions, it becomes clear to me that you want me to come around to your vision of how things should be with the mod, and that isn't going to happen AJL!

Again, I am truly sorry about you not liking the mod AJL!

Now please drop the subject, thank you.

AJL
08-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Did I wrong you somehow in a previous life?

Sorry but I can't remember....

---

I made little test in the Korriban tomb with the two Taranteks...
If I wear all those RedHawkes equipment I can stand between
those Taranteks without losing any health (Of cource I do take
damage from them but the regeneration those equipment give
is more than enough to counter it) :D

Can Malak hurt me enough to counter the effect of those
equipments ?

Colma Adawin
08-02-2004, 09:26 AM
gr8 stuff RedHawke well done bud :D:D

MattCole

RedHawke
08-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
gr8 stuff RedHawke well done bud :D:D

MattCole

Thanks Matt, I'm glad you like it... er' I mean her! :D

Darth333
08-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Looks good :thmbup1:
This recruit mod looks really interesting :)
I just downloaded your mod to give it a try :) (i have to install kotor on my new system, start a new game and tweak a few globals to get there first )

Just looking at the files demonstrates that you have invested a lot of time in this.

To AJL: adding sound is a lot of work. As Redhawke said, I added sound to the Dustil mod but I wouldn't do it ever again. Adding new voice acting is even more work (and not always possible for various reasons, the first being the lack of voice actors)...

RedHawke
08-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks Darth333, you and Matt have made my morning! :D

Colma Adawin
08-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks Darth333, you and Matt have made my morning! :D

:D:D Glad to do it bud :D:D anytime

MattCole

Darth_ToMeR
08-02-2004, 03:45 PM

Mav
08-02-2004, 05:17 PM
To AJL: You are being extremely rude, if you want a recruit mod with voice actors better dialogue and the NPC being "normal" than make it for yourself go damnit, you have NO idea how much time and effort RedHawke put into this mod. Frankly you are pissing me off so you know what I'm going to do now, I'm going to spawn some NPC named AJL into my game and fry you with some Force Lightining, unleash each and every one of Darth Khasei's force powers on you and then cut your ass to bits with my lightsaber, if you'll excuse me I have a tiny bit of modding to do.

To RedHawke: Don't listen to this clown, I guess in the end that is why we should only make mods with ourselves in mind and then release them for others to use.

Mono_Giganto
08-02-2004, 05:53 PM
LoL I got a whole module in the works with people I hate in it. Wanna combine them Mav? o.O lol :p

Mav
08-02-2004, 06:17 PM
^^^^

LOL no thats okay, but you can add him in there and send it to me :D

Mono_Giganto
08-02-2004, 07:51 PM
LoL you got it Mav! Maybe add you as an npc attacking him... :p

Mav
08-02-2004, 08:42 PM
That sounds awesome, you going to release this module?

T7nowhere
08-02-2004, 10:54 PM
All I have to say is your Mod looks great though I have yet to try it. ;)

TO those people that like to constantly critisize others work. Please take a moment to consider How much effort goes into making a mod even a simple one. (Which Redhawks mod is not)

The First and most important Step to installing any Mod is to READ the readme!
To those of you that may have a problem with the quality of a mod, Please keep your opinions to your self until you have completed a mod yourself. Rude comments will get you nowhere.

RedHawke
08-04-2004, 01:14 AM
^^^^
Thanks T7! :D

You are very right, putting together a mod like this isn't easy, if it were then there would be a lot more mods.

Of course this mod, and many others out there, would not have been possible without the help of others like Darth333, and TK102.

And lets not all forget our KOTOR Modding Godfather... Fred Tetra, without whom we would all still be out in the modding cold, stumbling in the dark! :D

nacho35
08-04-2004, 12:16 PM
putting together a mod like this isn't easy, if it were then there would be a lot more mods.

RedHawke, I have done 3 planets with your Mod and I am truly impressed! The custom items, journal entries, and descriptions really add to the game. It has given me more replayability unfortunately':naughty:'

AJL
08-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Error/Spoiler... Or something...
When I entered to that Rakatan temple Jolee and RedHawke
joins with me... And when I go down to that computer room I
find RedHawke waiting for me in there... but RedHawke is still
also in my party... and after that Clone disappears and I open
the door with that computer and then try to get to the upper
level again my game crashes... (tried many times...)

Soo... RedHawke was Supposed to leave my party at some
point before I went down there ??

Darth333
08-04-2004, 07:39 PM
AJL's problem could be due to a script named k_punk_re.ncs in the unk_m44ab module (where the computer is) but I am still unsure. I haven't found from where the script is fired and what is it's usefulness. Looking at the decompiled script, the same thing should happen with Jolee... anyone else had that problem? Decompiled, the script gives:

00000008 42 00000080 T 00000080
0000000D 1E 00 00000008 JSR fn_00000015
00000013 20 00 RETN
00000015 05 00 0019 00 ACTION GetEnteringObject(0019), 00
0000001A 05 00 00D9 01 ACTION GetIsPC(00D9), 01
0000001F 04 03 00000001 CONSTI 00000001
00000025 0B 20 EQUALII
00000027 1F 00 00000057 JZ off_0000007E
0000002D 04 03 00000000 CONSTI 00000000
00000033 04 05 0005 str CONSTS "jolee"
0000003C 05 00 00C8 02 ACTION GetObjectByTag(00C8), 02
00000041 04 03 00000004 CONSTI 00000004
00000047 05 00 023E 02 ACTION AddPartyMember(023E), 02
0000004C 1B 00 FFFFFFFC MOVSP FFFFFFFC
00000052 04 03 00000000 CONSTI 00000000
00000058 04 05 0006 str CONSTS "juhani"
00000062 05 00 00C8 02 ACTION GetObjectByTag(00C8), 02
00000067 04 03 00000005 CONSTI 00000005
0000006D 05 00 023E 02 ACTION AddPartyMember(023E), 02
00000072 1B 00 FFFFFFFC MOVSP FFFFFFFC
00000078 1D 00 00000006 JMP off_0000007E
0000007E 20 00 RETN

Prime
08-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
TO those people that like to constantly critisize others work. Please take a moment to consider How much effort goes into making a mod even a simple one. (Which Redhawks mod is not) Well said as usual.

Originally posted by T7nowhere
Rude comments will get you nowhere. Not quite true, since if they continue they will be banned. :)

RedHawke
08-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
AJL's problem could be due to a script named k_punk_re.ncs in the unk_m44ab module (where the computer is) but I am still unsure. I haven't found from where the script is fired and what is it's usefulness. Looking at the decompiled script, the same thing should happen with Jolee... anyone else had that problem?

Sorry AJL, I knew Bioware would have something in the game to rain on the parade. :eek:

The solution might be a script to just return to the party the replaced NPC called after the script to remove my pc, using a nested group of 'if' statements, testing for the number of the global, and returning to the party the NPC of that number.

Would that work Darth333?

Darth333
08-05-2004, 12:23 AM
First, it would be good to verify if this script is really the cause. I don't see it attached anywhere in the module :confused: maybe i overlooked... and there is probably another script to remove them from your party first (that would explain the "twins")...

RedHawke
08-05-2004, 02:00 AM
First, it would be good to verify if this script is really the cause. I don't see it attached anywhere in the module :confused: maybe i overlooked... and there is probably another script to remove them from your party first (that would explain the "twins")...

I have been looking around in the modules myself and have no Idea why the game would crash, except that the game is looking for something, possibly hardcoded, and it is not there and then just freezes, so the quickest solution to the problem I can think of would be to replace the original NPC right after mine is removed, then whatever script or other call that is causing the crash to go to the temple summit would then get a satisfactory result instead.

I just made a possible fix, by replacing the original NPC after mine leaves the game, with Jolee and (possibly) Juhani also added to the current party in the temple catacombs as well.

Possibly my NPC tied the replaced NPC up and stuck them in a closet on the Ebon Hawk or something. :D

I'll have to test it first, and that will take some time, I'll have to do Manaan, and the Unk World again. I'll run through with the old scripts to try and replicate the problem, see if it happens to me, and then see if the fix works. If the problem happens and the fix works I'll zip it up and re-release as a bug-fix at pcgamemods.

I would really like to know has anyone else had this problem? :confused:

RedHawke
08-05-2004, 08:58 AM
OK everyone, I replicated AJL's crash problem, and boy was it a whopper to figure out.

While I still don't know what causes the crash, I have figured a way around it by removing RedHawke from the party BEFORE entering the temple, if you have replaced Juhani, RedHawke will appear with Jolee and enter the temple with you, but will now just vanish, leaving you to go through the temple with just Jolee. And hopefully eliminating the problem all together.

So I had to remove the option to replace Jolee, and add and remove a few files from the mod.

I will put the new version up for download ASAP!

NOTE TO ALL RECRUIT MODDERS:
I also found out another thing, you have to have Jolee in the party to get through the unknown world temple, if not then Bastila talks to you repeatedly and nothing else happens, so Jolee is off my replace list as well.

Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 09:08 AM
OK everyone, I replicated AJL's crash problem, and boy was it a whopper to figure out.

While I still don't know what causes the crash, I have figured a way around it by removing RedHawke from the party BEFORE entering the temple, if you have replaced Juhani, RedHawke will appear with Jolee and enter the temple with you, but will now just vanish, leaving you to go through the temple with just Jolee. And hopefully eliminating the problem all together.

So I had to remove the option to replace Jolee, and add and remove a few files from the mod.

I will put the new version up for download ASAP!

NOTE TO ALL RECRUIT MODDERS:
I also found out another thing, you have to have Jolee in the party to get through the unknown world temple, if not then Bastila talks to you repeatedly and nothing else happens, so Jolee is off my replace list as well.

i wish you luck on your endevor for your recuritment mod, and i hope you can solve the solution asap as well

MattCole

FiEND_138
08-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Heh, guess it's a good thing I haven't got to Mannan yet in my new play through. Anxiously awaiting the update :)

RedHawke
08-05-2004, 09:47 AM
^^^^
FiEND, Matt, and everyone else I just put v1.2 up at pcgamemods, check my first post in this thread for all future updates... I hope there isn't going to be many! :D

The problem was in replacing Jolee or Juhani, but I fixed that... Had to remove the option of replacing Jolee Bindo though. It ran fine with Juhani on my machine, if you replace Juhani with RedHawke she will show up with Jolee and even run into the temple with you, and now she will then just disappear once you are inside.

Hopefully solving the problem. :D

Darth333
08-05-2004, 10:03 AM
I did not have time to look at it more deeply yet but is everything ok Redhawke?
I'll see if I can find a way to fix Jolee's problem.Perhaps simply removing the reference to the scripts that remove Jolee and Juhani from your party when you do the tile thing. Perhaps player could go into solo mode manually. I don' t know yet if it would work, I have to look more deeply at the contents of the scripts around this point of the game.

Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 10:08 AM
^^^^
FiEND, Matt, and everyone else I just put v1.2 up at pcgamemods, check my first post in this thread for all future updates... I hope there isn't going to be many! :D

Hey Thx RedHawke, i was the first person to DL it :p seriously :D:D

oh and does your mod conflict with Svosh's Revan Redemtion Robes?

MattCole

DOES YOUR MOD CONFLICT WITH SVOSH'S REVAN REDEMTION ROBES??? hehe sorry but you missed it..... i think :p

RedHawke
08-05-2004, 10:30 AM
I did not have time to look at it more deeply yet but is everything ok Redhawke?
I'll see if I can find a way to fix Jolee's problem.

Well everything seems to work, with removing RedHawke before going into the unknown world temple, as long as the k_punk_pretempl2 script is called when entering the temple either way (With the Elders or The One), I just removed my NPC then. Because once in the temple the NPC commands for the party must be disabled.

The only thing now is that RedHawke is standing in front of the Temple as well as a Elder Rakatan, you can talk to them but she is no longer part of the party... Wierd!

As far as the Jolee problem anything you can find out would be cool Darth333! :D

EDIT: OK removed the RedHawke that remained in front of the temple but the Elder Rakatan remains... still wierd! But it doesn't seem to effect anything.

EDIT2: Matt as both Svosh's Revan Redemption Robes and My Mod both use appearance.2da, they will have to be merged to be compatable.

EDIT3: Posted Version 1.3 up at pcgamemods.

Darth333
08-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Would you send me the source code? It would be easier for me to test things out.

Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 01:42 PM
EDIT2: Matt as both Svosh's Revan Redemption Robes and My Mod both use appearance.2da, they will have to be merged to be compatable.

Thx i just had a problem with it once i installed it, i had my game running whilst installing the mod :p it sorted now :p

MattCole

RedHawke
08-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Would you send me the source code? It would be easier for me to test things out.

Darth333 source scripts sent. :D

I hope we can figure a way to add Jolee back in as replaceable. But no worries if we don't! I find him humorous anyway!:D

That still leaves everyone with the option to replace any of the 6 others, still a very good thing. :D

Further tested V1.3 with Juhani as the NPC replaced, and everything works now, no crashes... Whew! :fett:

RedHawke
08-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Heads up on the release of Version 1.4 of the mod. (Hopefully it's the Final version! For Now! :D)

Thanks to a good question by someone called IAmAJedi13 at pcgamemods, I corrected a Missing NPC breaking the 'Carth running off' Dialogue on Unknown World, when going Darkside.

The cure was to return the replaced NPC back into the party, all reappear but Juhani, so the dialogue will work correctly, Carth will whine at you and run off, etc.

If you have any of the previous versions of the mod, install this one over the earlier version ASAP, before going into the temple and, as long as you haven't replaced Jolee, all should be good with the universe! :D

Darth333 and I are looking at the possibility of going through the temple without Jolee, returning the ability to have Jolee be replaceable, so that function may return to this mod in the future! :D

So if you have replaced Jolee all hope may not be lost for your save game, just don't go into the temple yet! :D

Sorry for all the updates... but at least it shows everyone here at Holowan my dedication to my work... Right?

*Sound of crickets chirping... sees everyone staring blankly this direction, then Phases quickly into hyperspace*

sith_master2000
08-08-2004, 09:37 PM
I just LOVE your RedHawke NPC. I rate it 10/10! When I downloaded and tested it, I started to wonder if I could make my own NPC character; but there's one big problem, I don't know how! Could you please give me a list of programs and steps in how to make an NPC (if it's not too much trouble). Thanks! :D

Achilles
08-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
I just LOVE your RedHawke NPC. I rate it 10/10! When I downloaded and tested it, I started to wonder if I could make my own NPC character; but there's one big problem, I don't know how! Could you please give me a list of programs and steps in how to make an NPC (if it's not too much trouble). Thanks! :D

Try these:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131944
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123668

Both of these, as well as several other helpful tutorials, can be found in the sticky threads at the top of this page.

I hope that helps.

RedHawke
08-09-2004, 12:07 AM
^^^^
Thanks sith_master2000, I'm glad you like it! :D

As far as making your own NPC for KOTOR sith_master2000, the ever vigilant and helpful Achillies, has pointed you in the right direction, the first link, Darth333's How to Recruit an NPC in 10 Steps thread, is the exact one I used to get the Job done for my recruit mod, the second is dj_owen's Deconstructing the Yuthura Mod thread is also very useful.

I hope you do decide to make an NPC sith_master2000, the more the merrier I always say! :D

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 03:15 AM
^^^^
No further bug reports with the Mod?

I'll take this as a good sign then! :D

Darth333
08-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Working on it Redhawke, the only problem is that there are only 24 hours in a day :(

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Working on it Redhawke, the only problem is that there are only 24 hours in a day :(

Actually Darth333, I was referring to anyone having problems with the mod in its current incarnation (Release Version 1.4).

That statement was in NO WAY aimed your direction! :D

Darth333
08-12-2004, 12:30 AM
I did not took it personally at all, just wanted to let you know :D

Glamador
08-12-2004, 02:52 PM
i am having an error where redhawke looks like a blue Revan...wtf?...i tried looking at appearance.2da for problems but it should work from wat i see...its strange...im using the revan the white version of appearance.2da btw

RedHawke
08-12-2004, 11:51 PM
i am having an error where redhawke looks like a blue Revan...wtf?...i tried looking at appearance.2da for problems but it should work from wat i see...its strange...im using the revan the white version of appearance.2da btw

And you copied all of the files in the 'Use With RTWSF' folder and overwrote the normal ones unzipped your override as well, right?

You have to copy all of those .utc and .uti files as well as the .2da's in the 'Use With RTWSF' subfolder or it will refrence a different line in the appearance.2da and the wrong things will show up.

RubADucky
08-16-2004, 01:27 AM
Umm, I know this isn't about this mod but I just used another mod by RedHawke which is called Revan the Light or something like that. I noticed a bug which really messes up the Star Forge level. After landing on the Star Forge and going through the door there would be a cut scene which shows one of Malak's servants activating the battle droids but it got skipped. People said you could just continue by going through the other doors like you normally would. But the problem is that there are a pair of battle droids in both doors so it clogs up the passageway. Since the cutscene didn't trigger the droids won't move and you can't attack so I'm stuck and can't continue on the level. It really needs a bug fix, other than that bug the mod was great, I loved the robes. Thank you.

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 01:34 AM
You mean this mod here?

Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack Bug Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133244)

The fix for the Star Forge bug is in the first post. And a patch for this bug is available on pcgamemods.

sith_master2000
08-16-2004, 01:55 AM
^^^^
Thanks sith_master2000, I'm glad you like it! :D

As far as making your own NPC for KOTOR sith_master2000, the ever vigilant and helpful Achillies, has pointed you in the right direction, the first link, Darth333's How to Recruit an NPC in 10 Steps thread, is the exact one I used to get the Job done for my recruit mod, the second is dj_owen's Deconstructing the Yuthura Mod thread is also very useful.

I hope you do decide to make an NPC sith_master2000, the more the merrier I always say! :D

Well I tried using the tutorial done by Darth333 several times to make an npc but none of the attempts worked :( ! I guess recruiting isn't my place in KotOR :( :( , even though that's what I want to do the most!!!

Darth333
08-16-2004, 02:22 AM
Maybe you could post you questions. As I said in the tutorial ( i think I said that -it's 2 am and i am too lazy to check), If something is not clear, just ask and I will answer and edit the tut :)

RubADucky
08-16-2004, 02:28 AM
Thanks, got it all fixed now. I went to this thread because I know RedHawke is here. Wearing those robes makes me feel like Gandalf the White :) Excellent mod!

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by RubADucky
Thanks, got it all fixed now. I went to this thread because I know RedHawke is here.

I'm glad it all got sorted out! :D

Just so you know there is a Patch available at pcgamemods that will re-add the lost items from those 2 files into a new Footlocker on the Endar Spire.

Originally posted by RubADucky
Wearing those robes makes me feel like Gandalf the White :) Excellent mod!

Thanks RubADucky, I'm glad you liked it! :D

sith_master2000
08-16-2004, 04:46 AM
Maybe you could post you questions. As I said in the tutorial ( i think I said that -it's 2 am and i am too lazy to check), If something is not clear, just ask and I will answer and edit the tut :)
Well actually the main question I have is attaching the recruit script to the conversation field part. I didn't really understand what to do in that bit. That may be why my npc didn't work, I just put the script in the EntryList - 0 - Script field. Can you explain exactly how that bit works for me thanks?

Achilles
08-16-2004, 05:03 AM
Well actually the main question I have is attaching the recruit script to the conversation field part. I didn't really understand what to do in that bit. That may be why my npc didn't work, I just put the script in the EntryList - 0 - Script field. Can you explain exactly how that bit works for me thanks?

Maybe I can try. The script needs to be initiated in order to run. Without something to "fire" it (like a dialog entry or a trigger point, etc) it just sits there looking pretty.

I know next to nothing about scripting compared to several members of this forum, but I will tell you that I've found that scripts will only fire (for me at least) when they are associated with a Reply. Most of my attempts to add them to an Entry have not worked. Not sure if this is by design or if it's user error on my part.

Anyway, try moving your script reference and try again. If all else fails, download any recruit mod that has a dialog file and reverse engineer it until you figure it out. There are two available (complete with source code for the scripts) on my website.

I hope that helps!

sith_master2000
08-16-2004, 07:09 AM
I appreciate your help but I still can't get it to work. I just don't have the technical skill to work with these sort of things. I'll just have to wait and see if someone - by some miracle - creates a similar npc that I'm trying to make :( :( :( :( :( :( .

I believe the main reasons that I can't get it to work are as
following:
I don't know how the dialouge program works
I don't know how to tell KotOR to spawn my npc in a certain place.

Achilles
08-16-2004, 07:17 AM
I appreciate your help but I still can't get it to work. I just don't have the technical skill to work with these sort of things. I'll just have to wait and see if someone - by some miracle - creates a similar npc that I'm trying to make :( :( :( :( :( :( .

I believe the main reasons that I can't get it to work are as
following:
I don't know how the dialouge program works
I don't know how to tell KotOR to spawn my npc in a certain place.

I thought the same thing when I started too. It takes time and patience....a lot of patience :D

As far as your reasons go:

1) Try Doom Dealer's module tutorial. There is a great dialog portion that I used when learning how to write dialogs.

2) You need a spawn script. Again, any of my NPC mods have source code that you can look at, or there are posts on this board you can search for to find help. I'm telling you, the hardest part is trying to find a clever way to work this into the game. The modding part is easy.

Keep trying and be sure to post specific questions when you run into trouble (after you've exhasted your resources of course:))

sith_master2000
08-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Where can I get the NwN Editor? I have the NwN Explorer and NwN TLK Editor but I can't find the NwN Editor. I need it to continue on with Doom's tutorial. He doesn't actually give the reference for it in his tutorial. Do I actually need it or can I use something else? I'm up to Step 4 page 7.

Achilles
08-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Where can I get the NwN Editor? I have the NwN Explorer and NwN TLK Editor but I can't find the NwN Editor. I need it to continue on with Doom's tutorial. He doesn't actually give the reference for it in his tutorial. Do I actually need it or can I use something else? I'm up to Step 4 page 7.

If I remember correctly it's a GFF editior. If so, you can probably use the GFF Editor referenced in the Tools and Downloads sticky.

Hope that helps.

Tanesh
08-17-2004, 06:32 AM
And you can get it from here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/data/1063383933840.shtml
:)

sith_master2000
08-17-2004, 06:36 AM
The GFF editor I have doesn't have the options he says, example:
Add Node
Add element
String 8
Float

These are some of the options he says to use but as I said GFF editor doesn't have them. Thanks for the Info though.

sith_master2000
08-17-2004, 06:41 AM
Oh disregard my last post, the editor Tanesh said is the right one, THANKS SO MUCH TANESH! And of course another big thanks to Achillies for helping me with my npc problems. I hope your efforts aren't in vein.

Achilles
08-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Oh disregard my last post, the editor Tanesh said is the right one, THANKS SO MUCH TANESH! And of course another big thanks to Achillies for helping me with my npc problems. I hope your efforts aren't in vein.

Pretty sure that both tools have the same functionality but get there different ways (at least that's what I assume based on what I've heard :D).

I'm glad that I was able to help. I'm sure your NPC will turn out just fine ;)

sith_master2000
08-21-2004, 04:52 AM
Thanks for all your help Achilles but I've decided to give up my npc-ing job. After the 1000th time I've decided to give in. I'll just leave some directions on what my npc was going to be like:

Name: Zevran Organa

Class: Former Sith

Good/Evil: 70% evil

Spawn Location: Manaan

Once again a big thanks to your help Achilles but I just don't having the modding skills. Also an appology to RedHawke for using his forum for my problems, sorry man.

mombrez
04-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I want to replay KOTOR and I was looking for some mods for the character I want to play. New heads, new skins. I found this thread, and would love to play this character. Is there any way to do it, as my main character. I know it's probably not possible, but it never hurts to ask. Great job RedHawke, I used some of your other mods last time I played.

RedHawke
04-30-2006, 03:52 AM
mombrez,

You certainly can... Start KotOR Tool and open the 2da editor, you have to open up your KotOR Override's portraits.2da and on the row for my NPC (Usually #41) and scroll over to a cell titled forpc it is a 0 make it a 1, then click on another line you didn't edit, and save that portraits.2da to your KotOR Override. Start a new game and it should be there now in the playable PC heads.

Warning: There will be a clothes texture glitch in the character creation process, as the RedHawke NPC has a different base clothing compared to the other PC models, but it will be fine in the game. ;)

lord ignarn
04-30-2006, 07:46 AM
RedHawke, I have done 3 planets with your Mod and I am truly impressed! The custom items, journal entries, and descriptions really add to the game. It has given me more replayability unfortunately':naughty:'

You have managed to do 3 planets?

If I may ask, will you release them? It´s allways great to have new game areas and quests to fullfill, and besides, lot of people would be happy playing (even) more.

Jackel
04-30-2006, 04:40 PM
You have managed to do 3 planets?

If I may ask, will you release them? It´s allways great to have new game areas and quests to fullfill, and besides, lot of people would be happy playing (even) more.
I believe he means he has gone to three planets with the Recruitable RedHawke mod installed, ie Mannan, Korriban, etc etc rather then "I Have your mod installed and made three new planets to go with it" :D

lord ignarn
05-01-2006, 07:21 AM
Oh! what a disapointment! I just had thought that... :ball:

mombrez
05-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Thank you RedHawke, now I'm off to try that.

Quatra
05-07-2006, 03:12 PM
I have a question for you RedHawke.
If i kill Juhani on Dantooine, can i recruit your girl with Juhani? Can your girl replace the empty slot of Juhani?

RedHawke
05-08-2006, 12:11 AM
I have a question for you RedHawke.
If i kill Juhani on Dantooine, can i recruit your girl with Juhani? Can your girl replace the empty slot of Juhani?
Not with the stock dialog in the mod.

But you are in luck, I made a fix a while ago for someone though that allows you to replace Juhani even if you killed her, though the dialog will still look like she is there as it is a quick fix.

I'll attach it for download to the first post in this thread so people can download it. ;)

Quatra
05-09-2006, 02:56 AM
thanks a lot :)

knopik
07-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi there, sorry to bring this thread up again, but I have installed your mod, and I like the beggining, however when I put her in my party, and click on her, kotor gives me an error. And I have to tab out. Is there a fix to thie? :headbump

RedHawke
07-05-2006, 12:29 AM
^^^^
Make sure you have all the mods files installed, the error could be a missing dialog file or something, but I have never had it crash. :eek:

Do you have any other mods installed?

knopik
07-05-2006, 01:04 AM
why yes I do, I have "Revan's items" mod, the one with modded robes, lightsaber and double lightsaber, Project Yavin4th, exar kun's ruins....and maybe some other mods....like jedi armor...hmm I'm still stumped though, I found out that redhawke doesn't even have a model.....it's just a name, and then it crasheds, I'll double check the files
EDIT: and what is the folder in the zip? "Use with RTWSF pack"?? am I supposed to extract the files from there to "override"?

knopik
07-05-2006, 01:18 AM
oh god I fixed it....the mod is.......orgasmic lol, I love it, thanks :) and to all those peeps who say she's overpowered, sometimes it's nice to use all those force powers....think about that for a while eh...I love you redhawke :))) thanks for a great mod

RedHawke
07-05-2006, 01:57 AM
^^^^
You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted... enjoy! :D

Lit Ridl
07-08-2006, 03:36 AM
I've just downloaded it and tried.
It is really awesome!!!
I think it is one of the best mods for KI!!!
It is really perfect mod!!!
We all thank You Red Hawke!!!
May you make more mods???
All of Your mods are perfect!!!
More Your mods -<=>- more good time!!!

RC-1162
07-09-2006, 12:22 PM
I downloaded it a while back and it's great. the only thing is that she has almost all of the force powers, even those allotted above her level, so i can't add any more powers without reaching the allotted levels for the ones she doesnt have. doesnt cause problems in game, though. and i have no complaints about that.
another thing is that she says only one thing over again everytime i talk to her. is there a variation in her dialogue once i find out that i'm revan?
overall, it's very cool. great work, RH!
maybe you can check out my lightsaber now? :D

RedHawke
07-10-2006, 01:40 AM
I downloaded it a while back and it's great. the only thing is that she has almost all of the force powers, even those allotted above her level, so i can't add any more powers without reaching the allotted levels for the ones she doesnt have. doesnt cause problems in game, though. and i have no complaints about that.
Well, in all actuality the hard-coded level cap stopped me, as the 2 game systems don't really convert well, and to convert her to D20 from D6, well that would end up at like level 120 or some other rediculously high number. She has powers that the game likely couldn't handle. ;)

So I had to compromise... but I did this one merely for fun, and to learn.

another thing is that she says only one thing over again everytime i talk to her. is there a variation in her dialogue once i find out that i'm revan?
Remeber this tidbit, this was made before we had a dialog editor, all the dialog files I made with a GFF Editor. So they aren't as fancy as I would have liked, as the ones in this mod took me literally weeks to make, cutting and pasting nodes and making sure the links worked. :headbump

So I gave her some limited things to talk about, and yes she should have something to say after you find out about being Revan...

About a month or so after I made this mod Fred asked me to test out KT's Dialog Editor for him, I did all the dialogs in Jawa Shop Mod in one night with that, all of the the dialogs for ORD Mandell took only a few days. What a difference a specific tool makes. Just an FYI. ;)

overall, it's very cool. great work, RH!
Thanks. :D

Raven Skywalker
06-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Where on Manaan IS she??

Arátoeldar
06-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Where on Manaan IS she??

You have to pay the one hundred credit fee. IIRC she is behind the first door/area after the fee station.

Raven Skywalker
06-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Then mine hasn't downloaded properly. I can get her items on KSE though, so it must be? Troubleshooting time.

IIRC?

Arátoeldar
06-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Then mine hasn't downloaded properly. I can get her items on KSE though, so it must be? Troubleshooting time.

IIRC?

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

After you have paid the Selkath Official 100 credits (She won't appear otherwise). She will be on your right hand side after the little hallway opens up into the courtyard area on the West Central map.

Edit: You have to have the mod installed before you pay the one hundred credits otherwise her spawn script won't fire.

Raven Skywalker
06-17-2007, 03:51 AM
I installed all this before I started a new game, and I've paid the Selkath, and I'm near the end of Sunry's trial, and I STILL haven't found her. She's nowhere to be found.

RedHawke
06-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Well unfortunately there isn't much I can tell you other than you have to be missing a vital mod file for her not to have shown up after you pay the 100 Credit entry fee.

Raven Skywalker
06-18-2007, 03:20 AM
But I swear I installed it all... Oh well. I'll finish my current game, re-download the mod and start a new game. Does it matter if it's from here or from your site, Ms. RedHawke?

Or is it only downloadable from there anyway?

Arátoeldar
06-18-2007, 12:51 PM
But I swear I installed it all... Oh well. I'll finish my current game, re-download the mod and start a new game. Does it matter if it's from here or from your site, Ms. RedHawke?

Or is it only downloadable from there anyway?

Actually it is Mr. RedHawke.

Go ahead and download the file again. It is available only from his site since PCGM is down.

It could just be a wierd clich. The last time I played KotOR. I used several of his mods (R RH included). However I could not get the Elder Rodian Merchant mod to work (He didn't show up) . I know I did everything right. :confused:

Raven Skywalker
06-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Actually it is Mr. RedHawke.

Go ahead and download the file again. It is available only from his site since PCGM is down.

It could just be a wierd clich. The last time I played KotOR. I used several of his mods (R RH included). However I could not get the Elder Rodian Merchant mod to work (He didn't show up) . I know I did everything right. :confused:

Oh, ****. Sorry. :toilet1: I'll just go and dunk my own head in the toilet...

Thanks for the tip. The Jawa shop doesn't work either, but I'm not too worried about that one. I'm sick of fighting Gamorreans.

Arátoeldar
06-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh, ****. Sorry. :toilet1: I'll just go and dunk my own head in the toilet...

Thanks for the tip. The Jawa shop doesn't work either, but I'm not too worried about that one. I'm sick of fighting Gamorreans.

It has to be mod conflict. For other reasons, I formated my HHD and reinstalled XP. I just ran the Elder Merchant Mod by itself. The mod ran fine. Now I have to figure out which mod it is conflicting with.

Raven Skywalker
06-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Dammit, why do I always assume people are something instead of just asking...?

Wedge Suron
08-22-2007, 02:48 PM
First off Sorry if i got one of the names wrong.

I'm having a little trouble.

Where do i recruit her?

Thanks

Alexander the Great
08-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Manaan, after you go through the reception place thing. You HAVE to pay the 100 credits, or else it won't work. Also, you can't have visited Manaan yet, or at least that module in Manaan.

Wedge Suron
08-23-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm there but no sign of her

Taak Farst
10-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey I downloaded your Recruit RedHawke, the two imporiums mod and ORD Mandell. Only Ord mandell worked coz on tatooine nothing came up and I just cant find RedHawke, well, you. What did I do wrong

RedHawke
10-28-2007, 02:45 AM
Hey I downloaded your Recruit RedHawke, the two imporiums mod and ORD Mandell. Only Ord mandell worked coz on tatooine nothing came up and I just cant find RedHawke, well, you. What did I do wrong
I'll need specifics on what exactly you did to install (step-by-step)?

Also did you read the readme files before installing each mod?

sunova
04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
where do i find red hawk i searched every where on manaan and i paid the 100 credits and started a new game

xxMalic3xx
06-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, I've played KoTOR for sometime, actually since it came out and I've won it countless times but, I rather recently began using mods for it.

One of the ones that interested me was RedHawke's recruitable RedHawke. Well, I've now got RedHawke, but I've got a slight problem, she doesn't appear to have a head.

Sadly this rather spoils the whole deal, so if anyone has a good solution I'd be very happy to hear it.

JediMaster76
06-14-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm assuming you have no other mods installed, right?

Because if you do, it could be a problem with either the heads.2da file or appearance.2da file. Modders frequently used them to make custom heads/characters/etc. But if you override a mod's 2da file, it causes problems, like no heads and missing item descriptions (believe me, I learned it the hard way :P). That's the only explanation off the top of my head, again, if you don't have any other mods installed, I'd probably just reinstall the mod...

Darth Xander
06-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Maybe you should Ask Redhawke himself.

xxMalic3xx
06-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm assuming you have no other mods installed, right?

Because if you do, it could be a problem with either the heads.2da file or appearance.2da file. Modders frequently used them to make custom heads/characters/etc. But if you override a mod's 2da file, it causes problems, like no heads and missing item descriptions (believe me, I learned it the hard way :P). That's the only explanation off the top of my head, again, if you don't have any other mods installed, I'd probably just reinstall the mod...

Well, I have loads of other installed, I have about 710 files in my override folder, but it seems that many others aren't working properly either. Maybe I should try re-installing them?

Edit: Xander, I was trying to reach him, however I have no idea what so ever on how to do that.

JediMaster76
06-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Again, I can relate, I had a ton of mods on my other computer (RIP old computer) and before it crashed, tons of my mods were conflicting, items were missing descriptions and some turned up as the "null" item, some sidequests wouldn't work/activate, and one or two characters were missing heads...

And it most likely related to either the .tlk or .2da files. Which is probably true in your case. You could always PM Redhawke if you had questions, I suppose.

xxMalic3xx
06-15-2008, 05:33 PM
OK, that's actually very helpful, I'll PM him, thanks for that :)

RedHawke
06-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Well, I've played KoTOR for sometime, actually since it came out and I've won it countless times but, I rather recently began using mods for it.

One of the ones that interested me was RedHawke's recruitable RedHawke. Well, I've now got RedHawke, but I've got a slight problem, she doesn't appear to have a head.

Sadly this rather spoils the whole deal, so if anyone has a good solution I'd be very happy to hear it.
This is because you have not installed all my mods files or another mods files have overwritten mine, sorry but you can't just install mods one on top of the other and let files overwrite (Unless the mods readme files indicate so). If you overwrite other mod files you are risking malfunctions and game crashes if you do so.

Since this mod doesn't use the Patcher, you will have to merge things manually with it in order to use it, or you will have to pick and choose between the other mods you use to ones that don't use conflicting files.

The best way to install mods is to install all the non-patcher mods first then the patcher mods, but you do have to be aware that even with the patcher some mods will never be able to work together.

xxMalic3xx
06-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I realize that and so I have pretty much deleted all my installed mods and am almost only using yours at the moment. They are all compatible with each other, right?

RedHawke
06-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Yeah, I realize that and so I have pretty much deleted all my installed mods and am almost only using yours at the moment. They are all compatible with each other, right?
Such information is usually listed in my mods readme files.

You can also use others mods, you just have to take care about what files these mods use and watch for files that overwrite/have the same names.

xxMalic3xx
06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
I think I've only overwrote files you have made that have been in two file packs.

I've yet to try whether or not this works in a new game, in my current play-through RedHawke or 'You' are stuck in the Darth Revan Robes... So I'll have to get there again ^^.
But thanks for everything you've made so far, it rocks :)

ThatEvilDude
06-18-2008, 06:36 PM
ok ur mod looks great and i downloaded it
but
1. Where in heck do i get her?
2. I am positive thats not in the readme =)
3. Does it need an install? I can't find an install part inside...

xxMalic3xx
06-19-2008, 06:37 PM
ok ur mod looks great and i downloaded it
but
1. Where in heck do i get her?
2. I am positive thats not in the readme =)
3. Does it need an install? I can't find an install part inside...

Ok, firstly she should be found on Manaan, NOTE: You have to pay 100 credits to get her as you have to pass the door from the dock, she should be the first thing you see.

And lastly, no it does not require an install, just copy the files into you 'Override' folder and "voila"! You should have her. Although you'll have to start a new game if you've already been on that area.

Cheers and enjoy RedHawke,

~ |xx.Malic3.xx| :cheers:

ThatEvilDude
06-20-2008, 01:05 AM
that probally explains why I can't find her even though I heard she was on mannan
my question is this can u replace hk if u haven't got him yet?
and does it follow the dialog of that char?

xxMalic3xx
06-20-2008, 07:02 AM
No, you can't replace someone you don't already have, and no, she has her own dialog.

ThatEvilDude
06-28-2008, 01:33 AM
ok thank you, no more questions

LOL

ThatEvilDude
12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
trying 2 decide weather or not its worth it if u lose her anyway... but if its someone useful...
idk guys should i download?

DarthValuk
12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
I was wondering where you pick up Redhawk, looked in the readme and it wasn't listed so I thought it would have been Korriban, but i couldn't find her anywhere, could someone tell me?

Marius Fett
12-13-2008, 01:24 PM
You pick her up on Manaan if I remember rightly.

Oh, and for future reference, questions like this should be posted in the mods thread in the Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=132724&highlight=recruit), or (if it doesn't have a thread) sent directly to the author via PM.

Enjoy the mod! :)

RedHawke
12-16-2008, 01:09 AM
You pick her up on Manaan if I remember rightly.
You would be correct. (The specifics of how you recruit her are at the bottom of the last page and the top of this page.)

Merging this thread with my mods release thread. *Goes off to find the buttons.*

Meatbag77
01-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Fantastic mod Redhawke!!! Her items are awesome.:D

I go directly from Dantooine to Manaan and recruit Redhawke, then off to ORD Mandell for a heck of a fight. With Talchia's Hardcore mod and the ingame difficulty set to max, the battles in the game are outstanding. One of the party usually gets KO'd.:D

Thank you so much, Redhawke, for another great mod!:D

Two questions if I may.

When I fought Jax and his group in the ORD apartments, Redhawke said something like, 'Now this is what I've been waiting for.' When she said it, for some reason, the game used Canderous' voice (since that's who I replaced). Strange, no? Lol.

Redhawke has stopped me to chat three times now, like the other characters do, and each time she does, the chat is exactly the same. I can't remember if your readme mentioned a fully developed story or not.

Thank you for this outstanding mod to add to your others, and thank you for time in answering another of my many questions.:D:xp::D

RedHawke
01-15-2009, 01:46 AM
When I fought Jax and his group in the ORD apartments, Redhawke said something like, 'Now this is what I've been waiting for.' When she said it, for some reason, the game used Canderous' voice (since that's who I replaced). Strange, no? Lol.
That's because of how the game works, she will chime in (in the other NPC's voice no less) when dialogs call for the NPC's to interject in a dialog in the game, this happens with most all recruited characters to some degree and is a by product of how the game functions.

Redhawke has stopped me to chat three times now, like the other characters do, and each time she does, the chat is exactly the same. I can't remember if your readme mentioned a fully developed story or not.
Hmm... This might be area triggers prompting you to talk to Canderous to advance his story, I had a limited dialog for Red because of the fact when I made this there was no dialog editor so all of her limited dialogs had to be done with a GFF editor, and that took some fanangling to do.

As such when you get those prompts you will get the repeated short dialog.

Mav
01-15-2009, 01:50 AM
I had a limited dialog for Red because of the fact when I made this there was no dialog editor so all of her limited dialogs had to be done with a GFF editor, and that took some fanangling to do.

xD... Classic :lol:

Meatbag77
01-15-2009, 02:40 AM
Lol. Thanks for the quick reply. It's amazing what you've done with the tools you had back in the day.:D I'm enjoying every minute of it.

xViiViD
02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
two things haha redhawke does it ever get annoing repeating the same answers to the same questions over and over?

and does anyone know if this is compatible with shem's re skin pack and inyri's male head pack...?

RedHawke
02-22-2009, 07:58 AM
two things haha redhawke does it ever get annoing repeating the same answers to the same questions over and over?

and does anyone know if this is compatible with shem's re skin pack and inyri's male head pack...?
Answer to question 1, I mostly ignore the repeated questions and instruct people to read the mods readme files and release threads more. ;)

Answer to question 2, those mods didn't exist at the time I made this so I have no idea, likely yes if they use the TSL Patcher, no if they do not and you don't want to or can't merge the 2da files yourself.

hugodknight
04-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Your Mods are the best around
I love them alot
Hope to see more of your work

Superpowermind
05-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Awesome work...I am downloading now!

Edit: Sorry for double post but i cannot find RedHawke on Manaan.I looked everywhere but couldnt find her.I reinstalled the mod hundreds of times...still no sign of her. I have paid 100 credits too.

edit: LOL i was already on manaan in my savegame :( so this means i can never recruit redhawke?? I would rate this mod 10/10 but the one thing i want is to make her availble to recruit in any savegames but since I haven't got scripting skills,it is impossible for me :(

RedHawke
05-08-2009, 01:35 AM
edit: LOL i was already on manaan in my savegame :( so this means i can never recruit redhawke??
Yes for that save game you can't, sorry mate but that is how it is.

I would rate this mod 10/10 but the one thing i want is to make her availble to recruit in any savegames but since I haven't got scripting skills,it is impossible for me :(
This is an impossible request, mods change things at certain set points, to use this mod you will have to have a save game from before that event.

Your best bet is simply start a new game, this advice applies to almost all mods other than reskins.

the darksider king
06-19-2010, 06:18 PM
my MAIN prob is the cape to be honest i think u coulda done alot better

Qui-Gon Glenn
06-19-2010, 09:53 PM
my MAIN prob is the cape to be honest i think u coulda done alot better
:giveup:
HUH?

What are you referring to? Clipping of Revan's cape? Sheeesh.

Doctor-Hal
06-19-2010, 10:16 PM
The clipping cape was the fault of the original game designers; not RedHawke. There is a mod floating around that fixes the problems with the cape, however it would have to be re-skinned and then added in place of RedHawkes current robe skin to take proper effect.

Plus this mod is, quite frankly, ancient. I remember playing with this during one of my earlier playthroughs, way back when. The modding limitations back in 2004 were even worse then they are now, and considering that RedHawke managed to add in an entire new planet, even with those limitations; makes this an excellent mod for its time.

fox59
06-24-2010, 02:27 PM
is there a kotor 2 version of this

xViiViD
04-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Sorry for grave digging but can we get New links for all your mods? I Miss em :/

Christos K
04-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Look on Chainz2da's site.

hugodknight
04-21-2011, 08:38 PM
OH man i just looked RedHawkes site is down....awww man
where are they now?

Phildevil
04-21-2011, 10:32 PM
OH man i just looked RedHawkes site is down....awww man
where are they now?

Look above...

hugodknight
04-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Chainz2da's site
that's cool
Expect i don't have a link to it

ChAiNz.2da
04-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Chainz2da's site
that's cool
Expect i don't have a link to it
PM sent :)

The links to my archive have changed since they were last posted as it can only be shared privately due to that I have some old mods whose authors are long since lost (permission issues). Per our forum rules.. those links have to be PM'ed ;)

Just shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to hand it out that you can share (privately) with friends and LF members :D

Shaggoth
04-22-2011, 01:07 PM
i can host this mod if someone sends it to me :)

PM sent :)

The links to my archive have changed since they were last posted as it can only be shared privately due to that I have some old mods whose authors are long since lost (permission issues). Per our forum rules.. those links have to be PM'ed ;)

Just shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to hand it out that you can share (privately) with friends and LF members :D
can you PM to me? :}

Christos K
04-22-2011, 04:03 PM
You would still have to get permission to host it.

ChAiNz.2da
04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
You would still have to get permission to host it.
^^^ this ;)

Since RH is still an active LFN'er you'd need to ask his permission :)

Shaggoth
04-23-2011, 04:14 PM
okay, but i anyway wanted this for personal use :) (mod, not the hosting of it)

ChAiNz.2da
04-24-2011, 09:04 AM
okay, but i anyway wanted this for personal use :) (mod, not the hosting of it)

Unfortunately it's one of the few RH mods I don't have (yet) :(
If anyone has a copy of it, send me a link along with Shaggoth :D

Canaan Sadow
04-24-2011, 10:35 AM
I had this mod just a few weeks ago, but I'd downloaded it years ago... I got rid of it cuz I didn't have K1 anymore. :/ I wish I would have kept it a little bit longer -_- I'll see if I can find a link to it somewhere though :)

:edit:

I just googled and found it on a French webpage, I'm not sure whether the mod itself is in French, but here's the link...~snip~

ChAiNz.2da
04-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I had this mod just a few weeks ago, but I'd downloaded it years ago... I got rid of it cuz I didn't have K1 anymore. :/ I wish I would have kept it a little bit longer -_- I'll see if I can find a link to it somewhere though :)

:edit:

I just googled and found it on a French webpage, I'm not sure whether the mod itself is in French, but here's the link... ~snip~
Thanks for the link :D

I had to remove it from our posts since I'm not sure that site has permission to host it (better safe than sorry) but thanks to you and Darth Insidious.. I now have it available in my archives if anyone needs it :)

Canaan Sadow
04-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the link :D

I now have it available in my archives if anyone needs it :)

No problem

And so do I. I saved it just in case anyone needed it and they couldn't read French, but now I have it in case your not online. :xp:

Shaggoth
04-24-2011, 11:22 AM
thanks everyone :)
i didn't try'd it yet, cause i didn't have time to mess with 2da files, but i will, that's for sure :)