PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia

Acrylic
07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
I wanna tell ya'll of a side of me that not to many people know about.

I sometimes just get so paranoid. And I don't know why. I ALWAYS look over my shoulder. I shut the blinds tight at night. I double lock the doors. And when I talk on the phone, I always feel like someone is listening in. I always feel like someone is watching me.

I know this sounds completely absurd...but damn, I just feel so, not alone.

I know some of you are gonna be saying "Whatever" and some will be saying "Get help."

Thing is, I don't think I need help, and I wanna know if there is any way to overcome this..paranoia?

I just feel like this sometimes, mostly in the night. And I also feel this way when riding my bike through trails and stuff. So, tell me what you think I should do.

-Ac

topshot
07-30-2004, 02:17 PM
All I can say is that one way to get over your fears is to just accept them and move on with your life.

I'll admit that I sometimes often feel afraid that someone's following me up or down stairs, but then look back and see that there's no one there. Nothing to be afraid of then, right?

Even I feel paranoid at night sometimes, but I don't let it affect how I think. I just keep moving forward , sometimes looking back to make sure I'm safe, and if there's no one there, then I just shrug it off and keep walking.

ET Warrior
07-30-2004, 02:23 PM
I know you don't want to hear it, but you really should talk to a doctor about it, it will help.

Tyrion
07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic

I sometimes just get so paranoid. And I don't know why. I ALWAYS look over my shoulder. I shut the blinds tight at night. I double lock the doors. And when I talk on the phone, I always feel like someone is listening in. I always feel like someone is watching me.

I know some of you are gonna be saying "Whatever" and some will be saying "Get help."

Thing is, I don't think I need help, and I wanna know if there is any way to overcome this..paranoia?

I just feel like this sometimes, mostly in the night. And I also feel this way when riding my bike through trails and stuff. So, tell me what you think I should do.

-Ac

It's because somebody really is behind you, Acrylic. :rolleyes:

[/obligatory jackarse remark]

I get the same thing as you do, really. I'd be walking to the kitchen in the nighttime when everybody's asleep, I peer into the darkness and...I'm back in my bed under the covers.

The only way I fought through it was by using logic and realizing that there is no one out there. Just keep on saying that there is no one out there. It works for me most of the time.

Joetheeskimo
07-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I've heard of a brain disorder that has these symptoms. :( You should talk to your parents about it, or a physician.

Damn, I'm sorry about this. I've never had anything like it, unless you count the night light and stuffed mouse when I was 8 and under :xp:

Alegis
07-30-2004, 04:09 PM
I always feel like...somebody's watching me...

I had that once. When I'd see my glass already filled for example i'd suspect it of having any "special" ingredients. Went away after a week i think, glad i'm over it. Wasn't fun. What i did was to convinve me; "ah well, let it come for me then if it dares"

Acrylic
07-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to say. Sometimes I usually hear things at night (or think I do, or wahtever. ) And one day, I thought I saw a person ouside my temporary bedroom door at my sister's house.)

I dunno. Maybe this will go away?

But I mean, its not THAT bad really, but sometimes Im worried..

And No, I do not take any type of legal or illegal drugs. :p

RpTheHotrod
07-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey man, no worries. If ya need someone to talk to about it, you know who to call. :)

PR-0927
07-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Well, when I was little, I really had this problem, I wouldn't stay still with my legs being able to be seen from under the bed, thinking there was aliens (after watching Independence Day). Sometimes, when I'm climbing into bed, I fell as if there is a murderer behind me, so I jump in really fast.

Well, the alien thing went away after a week or two, and, well, Star Wars helped. Seeing that all of those aliens didn't look ugly like in Independence Day, and could be nice and stuff.

As for the murderer, nope, not gonna happen. I have too much will to let myself be beaten by a wacko, and my house has a security system and doors that beep annoyingly every single time they open.

So, just...gain will, and be brave.

That sounds funny coming from me...

:fett:

Mex
07-30-2004, 07:40 PM
That happens to me aswell, I hear one sound and I turn the sound off on my pc and go investigate. It's kinda sad. But creepy.

Curt-Man
07-30-2004, 07:52 PM
i have the same problem, and under my bad there is a big empy space and when ever i get out of my bed or into always think something is going to grab my foot or something, its wierd, sometimes i'll be playing kotor in my basement and i swear i hear my mom or sisters, its freaky, but i'm pretty paranoid too, and i kind of have a weak mind and i "believe" stuff too easily, not really believe but whenever its dark or i'm alone i'll think of something that happened in a movie, but the way i face it is instead of walking fast through a dark room in my home, i force myself to walk slowly, just to show myself that nothing is going to get me or whatever, so yeah just do things that you normaly wouldn't do, like if you think something is under your bed, don't look, or your at your comp and you think you hear something upstairs ignore it and blast the music, works for me.

TiE23
07-30-2004, 09:16 PM
what I do is when I start getting paranoid and I know it, start humming your favorite song, or one that makes you feel safe and just ignore it. also, start realizing no one has anything to do with you, and you shouldn't worry :D So only lock your doors to stop robbers, and close your blinds for privacy (Like I do :D)

Curt-Man, I used to think someone was under my bed when I was 5, I thought a gramorean from Dark Forces would grab me and chop my foot off. :p

EDIT: Curt-Man just said everything I wanted to say :) listen to him

TiE

TiE23
07-30-2004, 09:33 PM
After reading everyones post, I think EVERYONE is more paranoid at night,
when everyone is asleep,
when you stay up late on the computer.

I was playing Black & White one night and
I started hearing a metalic squeeking sound, i looked to the left and I saw a figure (Like that Jesus illusion) of a man in armor (Like Master Chief :o But it wasn't him) I went to sleep afraid of a ghost or something (My computer also clicks at night when I am watching tv late at night :D)

The next day, I found out the squeeking was from a new fan we got the day before. and the "Master Chief Ghost" was probably from the computer screen leaving a mark in my retina :p
Its just people are afraid of the dark, even if they think they aren't, I think its just natural. So walk normally in that dark hallway, snicker at the shadows, and laugh at your fears :)

TiE

SeleneRayne
07-30-2004, 10:05 PM
I know how you feel, I have paranoia when I'm going somewhere by myself. When I was in school, I'd walk to Kain's house when school was over, and walk REALLY FAST and sometimes even run. Well I had to go through a bad section of the neighborhood to get to his house is why.

This one time I was walking to his house when this man was walking on the opposite side of the street I was, and he was staring at me, BAD. I just figured it was cause I was wearing a skirt that day, but then he started walking faster, so I picked up the pace. Then he crossed in the middle of the street and started walking behind me. I started running at this point. Thank goodness Kain's house wasn't far away. I ran inside and locked the door. :eek:

Kain
07-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Its the ghosts. They're everywhere.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Darth Groovy
07-30-2004, 11:32 PM
You know, this is kind of off topic but this totally wierd thing happened to me the day before yesterday. I just done watching Hellboy, and I turned the dvd player off. Then somebody switched the channel, and NOBODY else was in the room. That REALLY freaked me out. When I tell anyone about it, I always get this blank emotionless expression. I KNOW i'm not crazy. :eek:

Acrylic
07-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Thanks for all your stories people. It makes me feel better, and Im sure I can get over it now that I set my mind to it.

But, sometimes its better to be safe than sorry. :)

TiE23
07-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by SeleneRayne
This one time I was walking to his house when this man was walking on the opposite side of the street I was, and he was staring at me, BAD. I just figured it was cause I was wearing a skirt that day, but then he started walking faster, so I picked up the pace. Then he crossed in the middle of the street and started walking behind me. I started running at this point. Thank goodness Kain's house wasn't far away. I ran inside and locked the door. :eek: Whoa :eek: Perverts everywhere. What grade or whatever were you in?
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
You know, this is kind of off topic but this totally wierd thing happened to me the day before yesterday. I just done watching Hellboy, and I turned the dvd player off. Then somebody switched the channel, and NOBODY else was in the room. That REALLY freaked me out. When I tell anyone about it, I always get this blank emotionless expression. I KNOW i'm not crazy.
Maybe the remote was just stuck in your couch. Or, like my VCR Player, when you turned off the DVD Player it when to your TV and changed channels. Hmmm...
(Well, the other day, my sister changed the channel from the hallway to mess with me :D I freaked out for like half a second, and chased her down :p)

TiE

Darth Groovy
07-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
Whoa :eek: Perverts everywhere. What grade or whatever were you in?

Maybe the remote was just stuck in your couch. Or, like my VCR Player, when you turned off the DVD Player it when to your TV and changed channels. Hmmm...
(Well, the other day, my sister changed the channel from the hallway to mess with me :D I freaked out for like half a second, and chased her down :p)

TiE

That's the freaky part. First thing I did was look for the remote. I was standing up when that happened, and the remote was on the end table facing the opposite direction of the TV. :eek:

Kain
07-31-2004, 12:02 AM
I was driving back from Selene's house when I kept hearing clothes rustling and the crunching of aluminum cans in the back seat, but when I looked back there, there was only a book. Kinda freaked me out cuz Selene doesn't live in a hospitiable neighborhood.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

RoxStar
07-31-2004, 12:25 AM
Uh Oh. You shouldn't have posted that Acrylic, the government will find out. :xp:

I'm paranoid too but It makes me special.

TiE23
07-31-2004, 12:41 AM
OMG! There is someone is in my toilet! I just KNOW IT!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/hauntedtoilet2.jpg

TiE

Acrylic
07-31-2004, 01:10 AM

TiE

Thats disturbing.

Jed
07-31-2004, 02:31 AM

TiE

I believe those tissues in the trash were a result of your "alone time" earlier today, eh?

:D

ET Warrior
07-31-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Jed
I believe those tissues in the trash were a result of your "alone time" earlier today, eh?

Jed of course, would recognize the difference between tissues from 'alone time' and tissues from runny noses :dozey:

El Sitherino
07-31-2004, 03:08 AM
you might want to stay away from hard liquor.... and shrooms and other various narcotics....

TiE23
07-31-2004, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Jed

:D huh? I don't need tissues :xp:

TiE

ET Warrior
07-31-2004, 03:25 AM
huh? I don't need tissues :xp:

:eyeraise:

I don't want to know how you manage to avoid needing tissues :indif:

El Sitherino
07-31-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
:eyeraise:

I don't want to know how you manage to avoid needing tissues :indif: simple, he cuts off circulation before anything can happen. <_< .... wait.. what was the original topic?

Astrotoy7
07-31-2004, 06:41 AM
You know, this is kind of off topic but this totally wierd thing happened to me the day before yesterday. I just done watching Hellboy, and I turned the dvd player off. Then somebody switched the channel, and NOBODY else was in the room. That REALLY freaked me out. When I tell anyone about it, I always get this blank emotionless expression. I KNOW i'm not crazy. :eek:

You needn't worry about it grooveh, this stuff happens all the time, with the frequencies remote controls operate on, even a kid outside with a remote control car could make stufflike this happen. At my old house, our cordless phone had about 100 m range, when we used to go outside and stand near the neighbours flat, and we used to pick up *alot* of conversation they were having on a cordless phone.... he he he

mtfbwya

Sabretooth
07-31-2004, 06:51 AM
I too have had a feeling of some spy or somebody tracking my movements, observing me or something.

Sometimes I hear realistic voices of NOBODY. They are real enough, but speak in some weird tongue. Sort of ancient, but flowing. Duno, if it's just me or my ears, or something else...

EDIT: Ha ha!! 1337est post eva!!

Darth Groovy
07-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
You needn't worry about it grooveh, this stuff happens all the time, with the frequencies remote controls operate on, even a kid outside with a remote control car could make stufflike this happen.
mtfbwya

Well that would explain the blank emotionless stares, but what kid in my predominately Catholic suburban nightmare of a neighborhood would be awake with a remote controlled car at 1:30 - 2:00 in the morning? :eek:

Originally posted by sabertooth
I too have had a feeling of some spy or somebody tracking my movements, observing me or something

When I moved out of my apartment a few years back, I was cleaning the place out and I found a wire tap in the light fixture above my living room. True story. After watching Enemy of the State, that really started to bug me for a while, long after I made the discovery. (please excuse the horrible pun)

Alegis
07-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to say. Sometimes I usually hear things at night (or think I do, or wahtever. ) And one day, I thought I saw a person ouside my temporary bedroom door at my sister's house.)
I dunno. Maybe this will go away?
But I mean, its not THAT bad really, but sometimes Im worried..
And No, I do not take any type of legal or illegal drugs. :p
When i'm late night on the pc, i hear a lot of things crack (wood etc) and it always seems as if someone is walking around the house...I always turn of the sound though suddenly and try to listen..even though I said i was "cured" i still do that... Just remember everything makes noises

PR-0927
07-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Remember the camp I was at a week ago? Well, once, I was leaving the place where we ate, to go back to the dorms, and this weird dude followed me. I kept looking back, and he kept following me. Then, I got up to some construction, and he was there following me. That's not a coincidence. Most people at KSU don't go through the construction. So, I kept walking through it, and he decided to turn back. I was scared as hell.

:fett:

Kain
07-31-2004, 01:54 PM
I went to the gas station at like 2 in the morning and there was this crazy guy there, standing in the middle of the lot. I just kinda ignored him...

So I goto pay for the gas, and the clerk starts tapping on the window. I thought the guy was gonna try something, so I kinda turned my head just enough to look at him. He was just standing there grasping at imaginary leaves. She was telling me that I gotta goto the pay window.

Then I goto pump my gas. The guy starts getting closer and closer. I try to ignore it, but I keep getting this awkward feeling. Then I finish with the gas, AND THE GUY IS ON MY PASSAGNER SIDE WAITING!! So I hurry up, close the gas cap, open the driverside door and lock the doors(thank you automatic locks). Then he was giving me this dead stare as I was leaving.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Pie™
07-31-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm not very afraid of walking alone in the dark, because I look pretty menacing with my trench coat and spikes... Most people seem to avoid me :\

Acrylic
07-31-2004, 02:12 PM
Kain, you shoulda kept the hair.

Then people wouldnt **** with you like that.

Me, people would still try and "get" me, cuz I'm growin my hair out Jimmy Page style, and everyone wants a peice of Jimmy Page. :eek:

Kain
07-31-2004, 02:23 PM
It was actually the day before I cut my hair.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Acrylic
07-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Kain
It was actually the day before I cut my hair.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Oh, nevermind then. ;) :D

LightNinja
07-31-2004, 03:08 PM
Man at least my DVD player when i shut down it, it changes my TV channel to the normal channels, maybe thats what happened; if not, try again.
There are many crazy guys, today i was going back home from the academy (argh, it sux) when suddenly i saw a guy starting to punch and kick another whan with long hair, then they started to fight and finally the guy with long hair kicked his ass for the surprise of him; then the guy who attacked, with short hair, went out of the underground running and i asked the other, "dude what happened?" and he told me that he didnt know, he didnt know that guy...so igot like :eek: what kind of crazy ppl is out there!!?
Btw Pal i do the same, if i hear a sound and im alone in house, i just turn off my computer sound and start investigating but doing like kung fu postures (of course i dont know kung fu), it looks sad but helps too and its a bit funny ^^

TiE23
07-31-2004, 03:43 PM
Here is some great advice from one of the best presidents in the history of the United States:

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

:xp:

TiE

Acrylic
07-31-2004, 04:03 PM
W00t! Go long haired peoples of life! ;)

SeleneRayne
08-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Whoa :eek: Perverts everywhere. What grade or whatever were you in?

I was in 12th grade this happened 3 months ago. Scared the crap outta me. PERVS!!!

Acrylic
08-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Pervs suck.

EDIT: I didnt mean it that way.

Anthony
08-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Pervs suck.

EDIT: I didnt mean it that way.

Haha....ew.

Anyway, the only time I'm paranoid about things is when nobodys home aside from me and its dark out. Just feels weird.

EDIT: o lok! i r banta!

IG-64
08-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Kain
I went to the gas station at like 2 in the morning and there was this crazy guy there, standing in the middle of the lot. I just kinda ignored him...

So I goto pay for the gas, and the clerk starts tapping on the window. I thought the guy was gonna try something, so I kinda turned my head just enough to look at him. He was just standing there grasping at imaginary leaves. She was telling me that I gotta goto the pay window.

Then I goto pump my gas. The guy starts getting closer and closer. I try to ignore it, but I keep getting this awkward feeling. Then I finish with the gas, AND THE GUY IS ON MY PASSAGNER SIDE WAITING!! So I hurry up, close the gas cap, open the driverside door and lock the doors(thank you automatic locks). Then he was giving me this dead stare as I was leaving.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

OMG at first I thought you meant like, you got in the car and he was sitting in the passengers side :eek:

Anyways, when something scares me, I get this bad chemicaly taste in my mouth, maybe I have a developing mutant venom gland or something O_o

One time I was alone in the house and the cabinet door opened for no reason. I ignored it and went and closed it shut, then I went into the other room. I heard something in the living room and went back in to check it out and the cabinet door was open again :eek:

turns out it was just on a slant and wasn't closed enough :/

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 12:25 AM

-Ac

Oh, stop complaing. You dont knwo the meaning of paranoia. I mean, I cary multiple knives on me in case I'm attacked, look behind me every ten seconds, carry a crowbar with me if I'm alone in ther house, always sit with my back against the all ina restruant, always sit in th back of a bus, glance at the ceilings for lasers...in church! and always ry to figure out ways to eascape a situation if the occupants of the room decisde to try to kill me. I also tihnk Japn is going to attakc america

Kain
08-04-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by yaebginn
Oh, stop complaing. You dont knwo the meaning of paranoia. I mean, I cary multiple knives on me in case I'm attacked, look behind me every ten seconds, carry a crowbar with me if I'm alone in ther house, always sit with my back against the all ina restruant, always sit in th back of a bus, glance at the ceilings for lasers...in church! and always ry to figure out ways to eascape a situation if the occupants of the room decisde to try to kill me. I also tihnk Japn is going to attakc america

Think your bad? If I'm alone for long enough and nothing has happened all day(no calls or knocks at the door), and I hear or feel the slightest thing, I grab my 3'2" bladed rapier and do a sweep of the house and I keep it at arms reach if someone comes to the door.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 01:00 AM
for one, I have never come across the problem of being completely alone like that. but I do go blindfolded to expand my sense in case an enemy blinds me, and I occasionally set booby traps. I dont have the luxury of walking around with a sword, I live at home. I sometimes think friends and loved one are robots and poner on finding someway to tell for sure without hurting thme in case they are human.

TiE23
08-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Next Thread: Some one is in your house, and they don't know you are there, but you see them carrying a gun. You rush to the kitchen to call the police, but he will hear you if you do.
What do you do?

TiE

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 01:23 AM
easy, I take out my axe, hide behind the door, when/if theycome in, I cut them. substiture axe with sword, saw, knife, wahteve.r u want

IG-64
08-04-2004, 01:25 AM
Sometimes when i'm looking in a mirror I think maybe someones behind me that doesn't have a reflection.

Like a vampire.

waffles
I took out a few of your extraneous spaces, because they made my eyes bleed...though I did laugh when I read it :D -ET

ET Warrior
08-04-2004, 01:27 AM

Okay, a couple of things. FIRSTLY, he's not complaining, he's asking for help. You don't have to be a prick about him asking for help, just so you can prove how much of a parnoid badass you are.

Secondly, take 30 seconds after you type your post to fix your typos. Every other word had a typo, and it makes it really hard to read.

Oh, and thirdly....

for one, I have never come across the problem of being completely alone like that.

Originally posted EARLIER by yaebginn
carry a crowbar with me if I'm alone in ther house

:dozey:

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 01:29 AM
one thing, ur one to talk about picking on people. second, not completely alone, with no phone calls, or no door rings for a long period of time. do pay attention before you look foolish, oh, too late.

Edit- oh, and its not 'cool' to be paranoid. Any real paranoid person would know that. its...weird.

ET Warrior
08-04-2004, 01:43 AM
one thing, ur one to talk about picking on people. second, not completely alone, with no phone calls, or no door rings for a long period of time. do pay attention before you look foolish, oh, too late..

:) I wasn't aware ur was a word....I shall have to consult my dictionary on that one.....

I believe the point is, that you didn't specify that in your post, I took two quotes you made which are obviously contradicting the hell out of each other. ERGO, Vis a Vis, Concordently....ergo...vis...a......er......wait.. ..what the hell is going on?

Acrylic
08-04-2004, 01:44 AM
one thing, ur one to talk about picking on people. second, not completely alone, with no phone calls, or no door rings for a long period of time. do pay attention before you look foolish, oh, too late.

Edit- oh, and its not 'cool' to be paranoid. Any real paranoid person would know that. its...weird.

He didnt look foolish. You're just mad cuz you got PWND.

And also, like ET said, I wasnt complaining. Just asking for help.

Sabretooth
08-04-2004, 05:54 AM
PWNED!!!

How do you propounce that, anyways?

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 11:06 AM
you dont need help. paranoid=aware. it never hurts to be aware. and how exactly did I get pwned? cause ET tried to misquote people as he often does? and failed, as he also often does.

Acrylic
08-04-2004, 01:02 PM
you dont need help. paranoid=aware. it never hurts to be aware. and how exactly did I get pwned? cause ET tried to misquote people as he often does? and failed, as he also often does.

You've only been on LF for 3 months.

How do you TRULY know ET?

Hmmmmmmmmmm???

Anyways, lets get this thread back on topic. Id hate for it to get closed because of off topic posts.

Thanks.

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 01:19 PM
( I have been in several debates with ET involved. but I dont truly know Et, because I only know how he acts online, in real life, he is probably some computer dork who gets his jollies by acting tough over a monitor)

I suggest you face your fears. trust people more. I have no real idea.

Kain
08-04-2004, 01:26 PM
( I have been in several debates with ET involved. but I dont truly know Et, because I only know how he acts online, in real life, he is probably some computer dork who gets his jollies by acting tough over a monitor)

I suggest you face your fears. trust people more. I have no real idea.

Its funny because you're trying to act tough over a monitor:dozey: :indif: He was just calling you out...

And where do YOU get off calling ANYONE a computer dork when you got 1000 posts in 3 months?

Yea, I think my work here is done.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Mike Windu
08-04-2004, 01:33 PM
You've been here for 3 months... and have more posts than I do... in a year.:dozey: Mr. Badass.

Hang on.. I think capn said it best when he said, and I quote.

Yeah, you pinned me down with that one. But something you should think about is the fact that you've been here five months and have more posts than I, a person who's been here two years. So don't try and come off like you're some kinda Mr. Hip, with way better, funner, cooler things to do. I don't buy it. And, and one last thing. Grow the hell up. It's the internet. You'll have to search far and wide to find someone that gives a rats ass that your precious little feelings are hurt. Later!

Edit teh quote to suit your situation. ;)

ET Warrior
08-04-2004, 01:37 PM
you dont need help. paranoid=aware. it never hurts to be aware.

Paranoid is a big step above simply being aware. Being paranoid isn't very healthy for you either, it creates a great deal of stress which is bad for your body. :dozey:

and how exactly did I get pwned? cause ET tried to misquote people as he often does?
I never actually misquoted you. Those were direct copy and pastes from your posts :)

Now THIS is a mis-quote.
I'm just upset that I didn't have anything clever to say.

See the difference? :D

Mike Windu
08-04-2004, 02:11 PM
I see you double posting. If that's what you meant.

Silly mods...

:xp:

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 02:15 PM
misquoting is taking something someone said out of context. and I have alot of posts, yes. its the summer, I'm often rained it. The reason I'm not a compu-dork is because I dont try to act tough over a monitor. I am who I am. ET is a jerk. but in real life, hes a nerd/dork/geek. and paranoia has often helped me in times when awareness is needed, it has given me almost superhuman reflexes. and I'm not trying to act tough. I was just telling the writer of the post to stop whining/complaining. I mean, its not a huge problem, and there are some people who are far more paranoid then you or I. People who have actually killed because they thought the person was a zombie or something. right now, its only a minor annoyance. therews a difference between trying to act tough, and not tollerating whining. I am the latter.

Acrylic
08-04-2004, 02:42 PM
I was just telling the writer of the post to stop whining/complaining.

I already told you. I was not whining, nor complaining.

Get it through your brain.

MennoniteHobbit
08-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Does anyone other than me find it funny that people in this thread are fighting over who's more paranoid than than the other? :indif:

:P

Mike Windu
08-04-2004, 02:55 PM
mis-quote (mis-kwot)v. tr. mis-quot-ed, mis-quot-ing, mis-quotes. To quote incorrectly.--mis'quo-ta'tion (-kwo-tashn). n. --mis-quot'er n.

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from American Heritage Talking Dictionary
Copyright © 1997 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Enjoy.

Kain
08-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit
Does anyone other than me find it funny that people in this thread are fighting over who's more paranoid than than the other? :indif:

:P

I find it rather funny, but I also find it funny that yaebginn is getting SO offensive at ET. ET is just being himself, but yae is calling him a nerd, when yae has 1000 posts in less than 3 months.

Its the funny kind of irony...or is it idiocy? I forget.

Back on topic people!

Expand your Imagi-Nation

ckcsaber
08-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Is it me, or is the Swamp getting even more bitchy than it usually is?

This used to be the one forum I knew of on the net that was actually kind-hearted. Now it has descended to normalcy with users trying to scratch each others eyes out, and trying to act tough because they've been posting for a certain amount of time.

ET, you're a mod now, so try to stop threads from being hijacked, instead of giving idiots a chance to resopond to your attempts at being a dictionary waving *******.

*looks at Mike Windu as well*

Now someone close this peice of ****.

ET Warrior
08-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
I see you double posting. If that's what you meant.

What double post? I see no double post....*deletes one*...... *whistles inconspicuously*

ET is a jerk. but in real life, hes a nerd/dork/geek.

I don't like the term dork personally, I just like geek and nerd....Geek is the best term though....
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4844/Picture537.jpg

ET, you're a mod now, so try to stop threads from being hijacked, instead of giving idiots a chance to resopond to your attempts at being a dictionary waving *******.

Eh? I never waved a dictionary in this thread.....until NOW!!
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/4305/Picture94.jpg

and the thread has been more or less on topic, with only a few stray posts here and there.....it doesn't really NEED to be locked.

Acrylic
08-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
Is it me, or is the Swamp getting even more bitchy than it usually is?

This used to be the one forum I knew of on the net that was actually kind-hearted. Now it has descended to normalcy with users trying to scratch each others eyes out, and trying to act tough because they've been posting for a certain amount of time.

Dude. STFU. This is my thread. I made it for a sole purpose, and that is to share a side of me that not many people knew.

Sure, ET, RP, Darky, a super mod, or an admin could close it. But why? It got off topic for a few posts. I want it to get back on topic. So, therefore, I dont want it closed.

El Sitherino
08-04-2004, 05:11 PM
sometimes when I'm really drunk I get paranoid that the police are going to come and beat me. *shrugs*

legameboy
08-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Now, now everyone, let's not get prissy, this is just the internet. SO CALM THE ****ING HELL DOWN, DAMNIT!

Lol. :p

Originally posted by InsaneSith
sometimes when I'm really drunk I get paranoid that the police are going to come and beat me. *shrugs*

Tell them about the police-man that stuck a night-stick up your ass! :D

El Sitherino
08-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by legameboy

Tell them about the police-man that stuck a night-stick up your ass! :D THE NIGHTMARES! :( ;_;

Mike Windu
08-04-2004, 08:31 PM

Bitching about the swamp being bitchy doesn't exactly help matters does it.

And why do you look at me? I'm not a mod. :indif:

Now, you're probably stressed, and looking to take you agression out in some form or another. But there's no need for names big boy.

So I'll take that one on the chin and not call you any names in return.

SeleneRayne
08-04-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm seriously considering carring around mase, or a pocket knife or something. My neighborhood is getting bad anymore. The other night, Kain dropped me off at my house, and these neighborhood hudlums who were VERY drunk were walking down the street, and one of them saw me, mumbled something about me having a boyfriend and started to walk to my gate, and open it. I was really scared. I turn around and his other friend started to yell at him and pulled him down the street.

Or I could borrow Kain's rapier! NO ONE would **** with me then!!

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 11:33 PM
yeah, a knife is a good idea. at all times I carry...

a throwing knife, a multitool, a hammer with built in knife, rope, a lighter, a flashlight, and a medpac.

all on my belt. heres the knife I'm gonna get, but I'm saving up for battlefront. http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=5701&tabID=

its a bad little dude, no?

Mike Windu
08-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Heh. I'm glad I'm not paranoid like that.

If I was I'd have my drumsticks everywhere, and mace... and toothpicks... and probably a strong heavy thing to break someone's kneecaps with.

toothpicks would be to stab in the eyes.

erm.. drumsticks are just there to beat the hell out of them.

If I had the opportunity, I'd stab my assailant in the groin.

Repeatedly.

ckcsaber
08-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
Now, you're probably stressed, and looking to take you agression out in some form or another. But there's no need for names big boy.

So I'll take that one on the chin and not call you any names in return.

Sorry, that’s what I do, call people names when they act like pricks.

ET, if you think it can be left open, and on topic, fine. When I made my post/rant this thread looked as if it was slightly veering towards crapville, since y'know the last 11 posts before mine were off-topic. I'm sure you can see my reasoning. Anyways, everyone’s talking about paranoia again, so kudos. I didn't think you guys could do it but kudos.

And Acrylic, I don't know what crawled up your ass, or if you got a sex change and are now experiencing the menstrual cycle, because the last week or so you've been a real asswipe. Your posts directed at others tend to be mean-spirited, and that whole thing with Doomgiver was a mess. I didn't know the guy, but I felt what you posted in his "I'm leaving" thread spawned a whole series of flames towards Doomgiver that was totally unnecessary.

ET Warrior
08-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Anyways, everyone’s talking about paranoia again, so kudos. I didn't think you guys could do it but kudos.

Such is my amazing power :indif:

:D

Since I haven't even given my two cents on paranoia like everyone else, I'll do it now. I'm not paranoid....ever. I don't hear noises and I don't get freaked out about things. When I'm all alone in the house I just chill at my computer or the TV and I'm fine.....so.....I have nothing to contribute :crybaby:
;)