PDA

View Full Version : AvP movie to be... PG-13!


Crazy_dog no.3
07-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Just look at the MPAA logo on the official site:
Blasphemy! (http://www.avp-movie.com/)

Rated PG-13 for "slime"? LOL!:D

Anyway this means no skinning, no bloody chestbursting, no graphic beheading, no ripping out spines, minimal swearing...

This is a disgrace! Both predator movies and the Alien movies (yes, even 3 & 4, crappy though they are) have had a tradition of being R-rated! I suggest all Alien and Predator fans join me in my plot to blow up Fox Headquarters! :mad:

MuRaSaMuNe
07-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Damnit all I was looking forward to a gore fest in that

Joetheeskimo
07-30-2004, 02:32 PM
LOL you guys, don't blame them, bame the rating people guys thingies. :xp:

Besides, it's rated PG-13 for "Violence, Gore, Horror Images". It doesn't look very boring.

Kain
07-30-2004, 03:16 PM
BOO!! Give it R so we can see it all!


Expand your Imagi-Nation

RpTheHotrod
07-30-2004, 03:56 PM
No rated R rating means more of a chance see the FILM and not some sex-fest like most movie people put into alien horror films. "We're gonna die in 5 minutes..... let's have sex!"

*rolls eyes*

Doomie
07-30-2004, 04:09 PM
"give it R so we can see it all"??

You're weird...

Chewbacco
07-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Cool, I can see it with friends without parents with me.:D

ET Warrior
07-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
No rated R rating means more of a chance see the FILM and not some sex-fest like most movie people put into alien horror films. "We're gonna die in 5 minutes..... let's have sex!"

*rolls eyes*

But, what would YOU do if the monsters were going to eat you in 5 minutes? Me, I'd try to have sex with a hot lady at least 3 or 4 times in that 5 minute span :xp:


No rated R rating means the violence will have to be more toned down than I wish, but it should still be an acceptable level....maybe....

legameboy
07-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Ah well, no awesome gore-fest for me....

*sniffle*

Meh, we'll see, we'll see.

KBell
07-30-2004, 06:26 PM
This is just going to be another mediocre movie with no storyline and meaningless violance, kinda like Freddy vs Jason......no........ECACTLY like FvJ.

TiE23
07-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
No rated R rating means more of a chance see the FILM and not some sex-fest like most movie people put into alien horror films. "We're gonna die in 5 minutes..... let's have sex!"

*rolls eyes*
I real life, do you think anyone would really have sex, there and then?? :D Not that it is bad, but do you really think it would be like.
OMG! We are gonna die!
- I got an idea!
What?
- Lets have sex!
Okay, since I can't regret it.
- Okay, I hardly even know your name and Im gonna do it for no reason.

(Hell, at least it will be fun :xp: )

TiE

Pad
07-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3
Just look at the MPAA logo on the official site:
Blasphemy! (http://www.avp-movie.com/)

Rated PG-13 for "slime"? LOL!:D

Anyway this means no skinning, no bloody chestbursting, no graphic beheading, no ripping out spines, minimal swearing...

This is a disgrace! Both predator movies and the Alien movies (yes, even 3 & 4, crappy though they are) have had a tradition of being R-rated! I suggest all Alien and Predator fans join me in my plot to blow up Fox Headquarters! :mad:
Come on, I like this new "focus on conversation"-flow

>_>

SeleneRayne
07-30-2004, 09:05 PM
That sucks. I was looking forward to the blood, gore and grotesque things. I mean it's ALIENS vs. PREDATORS with humans in-between!!!! There should be gore there somewhere! My dream for this movie has shattered. :(

Darth Groovy
07-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Destined for failure. They have taken two of Hollywood's most successful horror movies and turned this into an abomination not even fit for Mortal Kombat fans.

I refuse to see this movie out of respect to both of those monsters. :o

Mike Windu
07-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
But, what would YOU do if the monsters were going to eat you in 5 minutes? Me, I'd try to have sex with a hot lady at least 3 or 4 times in that 5 minute span :xp:





Surprised you passed the 2 minute marker.

Catching up to me ET ;)





-on topic-

PG 13? hahahaha. The movie will suck even more now... what a waste, they could have made a gore fest out of it.

RpTheHotrod
07-31-2004, 12:17 AM
Well..........at least the Punisher was PG-13.......wasn't TOO bad...just....slow, at times.

RoxStar
07-31-2004, 12:18 AM
It was gonna suck no matter what...

KBell
07-31-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
Well..........at least the Punisher was PG-13.......wasn't TOO bad...just....slow, at times.




It.........was..............o.............k....... ...some parts.............were................odd......... .......

Kain
07-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Punisher was only PG-13? Wow...the movie raters must be getting leaniant.

AND PUNISHER ****ING OWNED!!

My hope for AvP is restored!


Expand your Imagi-Nation

Rad Blackrose
07-31-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
No rated R rating means more of a chance see the FILM and not some sex-fest like most movie people put into alien horror films. "We're gonna die in 5 minutes..... let's have sex!"

*rolls eyes*

A male and female are cornered by an alien, and die by the alien. They arrive at the pearly gates of heaven, only to find a line. The male gets in line before the female (don't ask), and in front of the male is a hip swinger. The swinger turns around and starts talking to the male, "So, how did you die?"

The male says to the swinger, "Well, my teammate here and I were cornered by this alien that tore us to shreds..."

The swinger gives the female a quick glance, "So, please tell me... You hit that **** before you died?"

"No, I didn't..." said the male.

The swinger shakes his head in shame, "... Tsk tsk, you stupid mother****er."

Redwing
07-31-2004, 02:34 AM
PG-13 just means "no sex".

Graphic violence is in all the PG-13 movies nowadays. Well, alot, at least.

CapNColostomy
07-31-2004, 03:35 AM
Meh, I'll watch it. And maybe I'll like it. Or maybe I won't. Ratings mean jack**** to me. Now revues...That's where the key to my wallet lies. Unless the revues are bad. Then I watch it anyway.

Crow_Nest
07-31-2004, 03:41 AM
PG-13? Hey im 13! That means i get to watch it with me frienz. ;)

El Sitherino
07-31-2004, 03:54 AM
this sucks. I want a blood fest, multiple predators means more beheadings, I have yet to see a beheading in a PG-13 film. I wanted spines ripped out of bodies, limbs being removed, acid burning off peoples faces, screw the sex, I want my morbid fantasies realized!

Darth Groovy
07-31-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
Well..........at least the Punisher was PG-13.......wasn't TOO bad...just....slow, at times.


Originally posted by Kain
Punisher was only PG-13? Wow...the movie raters must be getting leaniant. Expand your Imagi-Nation

Let the records please show that two more Swampies gained my undying respect today. The Punisher was GREAT. Kudos to both of you gentleman. Kudos. :cool:

Sabretooth
07-31-2004, 07:11 AM
Aw, drat! I thought it was gonna be messy and gory and bloody and *muhaha's for 1 full minute*.

So, it's a children's movie after all.. :D

Hekx
07-31-2004, 07:11 AM
Boo! Hiss! :mad:

I bet the ending announces a unity of Predator and Alien... so all the measly humans get to meet the maker. :D

Crazy_dog no.3
07-31-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I want a blood fest, multiple predators means more beheadings, I have yet to see a beheading in a PG-13 film.

Actually the LOTR trilogy and the last Indiana Jones film (both PG-13) had beheadings, they weren't bloody and graphic but they were there.
:chop1:

But this about two of the most savage creatures in the galaxy! A movie like this without gore is like Harry Potter without glasses.
This is gonna bomb at the box office. Freddy vs. Jason would have made jack SH*T if it was PG-13.

Darth Groovy
07-31-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm standing behind Crazy_dog no.3, on this one. This is sheer blasphemy!

For years, both of those movies were my long time favorites. Even though AVP created a successful set of comics and games, I don't personally feel that this was ever movie quality material. Both sets of movies had character developement and side stories that were totally separate from each other.

Now we've scattered all that crap to the wind, and let's just let the monsters go toe to toe on the big screen?

I think I'd rather save my money and rent Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, and/or watch Frankenstein vs The Wolf Man on television. :rolleyes:

ckcsaber
07-31-2004, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure what an R-rating defines nowadays, but if there is not MORE gore in this film than any of the previous 4, I will be very disappointed, even though I'm fairly sure this movie will disappoint me nonetheless.

Nalukai
07-31-2004, 09:37 AM
an R rating defines them saying any of the FCC regulated curse words a total of more than 5 times or enough blood and violence or sexual inuendo.

It doesnt matte anyway this movies gonna blow harder than a Tijuana crack-whore... we already know whats gonna happen at the end...

they blow up the world noone wins...

RoxStar
07-31-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

But this about two of the most savage creatures in the galaxy! A movie like this without gore is like Harry Potter without glasses.

It would be less nerdy and more blurry?:confused:

Crazy_dog no.3
07-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Just imagine the guy with the hat is you, and the clown+halo guy are executives at Fox.

An angry Alien/Predator fan on the loose (http://www.jokaroo.com/ecards/funny/madcombat.html)

Sam Fisher
07-31-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh well, looked like a sad horror flick anyways...

Troopr-Undr-Fir
07-31-2004, 07:44 PM
I dun know if the goriness you were all hoping for will be gone.

Because the rating system has been lenient. It keeps evolving and PG-13 can include way more that it could 5 years ago.

Too bad for the sex though :(.

I like whatching to people go at it then have it flash to the alien persuing them and then just as the climax hits... they die :).

But yeah, you might be surprised what they are able to get away with now-a-days :rolleyes:.

El Sitherino
07-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
The Punisher was rated R yes, yes it was. But it wasn't that bad. It wasn't as great as I'd hoped for but it wasn't bad.

oh when I said beheadings, I meant real beheadings, you know with realistic amounts of blood, or even tarantino amounts of blood.

Acrylic
07-31-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
But, what would YOU do if the monsters were going to eat you in 5 minutes? Me, I'd try to have sex with a hot lady at least 3 or 4 times in that 5 minute span :xp:


Premature ejaculation?

El Sitherino
07-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Premature ejaculation? .... quick-draw mcGraw. XD

ET Warrior
08-01-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
The Punisher was rated R but it was still a very huge pile of complete and utter crap and didn't own anything except that crap that's worse than itself.

Quiet you! I loved The Punisher...it was severe amounts of cool :cool:

Premature ejaculation?

Nah, it's just that when it comes to sex, I'm in and out in a flash :dozey:

CapNColostomy
08-01-2004, 03:52 AM
Punisher. Meh. I'll pass on that.

wassup
08-02-2004, 05:59 AM
Its rated PG-13 because they want to squeeze out every last teenage movie-goer dollar, and most movies aimed at teenage viewers have been craptacular at best. Oh well.

toms
08-12-2004, 06:48 AM
pg13 isn't what it used to be though. Most films that got R ratings (for violence) in the 80s (terminator, aliens, etc..) would get pg13s these days. Sex on the other hand seems to be the only thing that raises a rating these days...

Interesting detail about a visit to the set here:
http://www.futuremovies.co.uk/review.asp?ID=149 (assuming it is true)

It sounds much more promising to me after reading this, as it sounds liek the SFX guys hate CGi as much as i am begining to, and hopefully their use of miniatures, robotics and "guys in suits" will give a bit more realism and "ooomph" to the film and mean it won't be the CGi-action-fest that i was expecting from anderson....

*fingers crossed*

Astrotoy7
08-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
No rated R rating means more of a chance see the FILM and not some sex-fest like most movie people put into alien horror films. "We're gonna die in 5 minutes..... let's have sex!"

*rolls eyes*

http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/WTF.jpg


AvPs not meant to be freakin Macbeth Rp..... what FILM are you talking about....we're not expecting wonderful dialogue and dramatic nuance, nor passionate love scenes.... all anyone was ever hoping for was A's and P's snarling, hissing and ripping each others' faces and spines off/out.... was that too much to ask ! DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD !!!!

This rating is further confirmation of suckage-ness

mtfbwya

Hiroki
08-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, violance can not produce an R rating on its own, not today anyhow. Unless it is UNREALISTIC. By that, I mean more blood than there should be. ;) I wouldn't worry, there will be plenty of gore.

Crazy_dog no.3
08-13-2004, 09:14 AM
No there won't! When was the last time you saw someone shot in the face with blood splattering everywere in a PG-13? Or a decapitation with the red stuff flying out of the victim's neck?
No, my friend. In PG-13s such things do not happen.

Also there is no way in hell that Aliens and Terminator would get PG-13 these days. If Open Range and the Matrix (far less graphic and brutal) get an R, and the Clearing gets an R (just for 2 "f-words"!), then Aliens and Terminator will definetely get an R.

jokemaster
08-14-2004, 09:58 PM
The punisher owns and was R.


I want this to be R so we can have all the beheadings, spines being ripped out, and chests burst in their full glory, not some quick-cut crap

I don't get it, they want to make money, and FvJ made money and was R, so some idiot gets the idiotic idea of making this PG-13????

At least we'll still have the game



PS I too would be screwing the hot girl every chance I get to.

toms
08-17-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3
No there won't! When was the last time you saw someone shot in the face with blood splattering everywere in a PG-13? Or a decapitation with the red stuff flying out of the victim's neck?
No, my friend. In PG-13s such things do not happen.

Also there is no way in hell that Aliens and Terminator would get PG-13 these days. If Open Range and the Matrix (far less graphic and brutal) get an R, and the Clearing gets an R (just for 2 "f-words"!), then Aliens and Terminator will definetely get an R.

as i said, we don't have the same ratings... but i'm amazed matrix was an R. Seems unlikely. LOTR was a PG or 12a here and had limbs and heads chopped off. I don't think blade 2 was more than a 15 and that had huge ammounts of heads chopped in half.
Not really relevant though, as i don't remember much outright gore in the aliens films at all, and only a bit in the first predator film (skinned bodies). ALien was always more about what you didn't see... predator was more about big guns and cool alien sfx.

None of this matters though, as it appears my earlier optimism was misplaced, and apparently it sucks...

Sabretooth
08-17-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by jokemaster
The punisher owns and was R.


I want this to be R so we can have all the beheadings, spines being ripped out, and chests burst in their full glory, not some quick-cut crap

I don't get it, they want to make money, and FvJ made money and was R, so some idiot gets the idiotic idea of making this PG-13????

At least we'll still have the game



PS I too would be screwing the hot girl every chance I get to.

Holy ....., Batman! JM is back!! For a minute, I thought that your Swamper label, 'Unpedictably Unpredictable' will have to be removed, but you still live up to it, eh?

I bet the movie won't last long.

jokemaster
08-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by sabretooth
Holy ....., Batman! JM is back!! For a minute, I thought that your Swamper label, 'Unpedictably Unpredictable' will have to be removed, but you still live up to it, eh?

I bet the movie won't last long.
Probably the first weekend at most, then it will mostly be forgotten.

Crazy_dog no.3
08-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by toms
as i said, we don't have the same ratings... but i'm amazed matrix was an R. Seems unlikely. LOTR was a PG or 12a here and had limbs and heads chopped off. I don't think blade 2 was more than a 15 and that had huge ammounts of heads chopped in half.
Not really relevant though, as i don't remember much outright gore in the aliens films at all, and only a bit in the first predator film (skinned bodies). ALien was always more about what you didn't see... predator was more about big guns and cool alien sfx.

None of this matters though, as it appears my earlier optimism was misplaced, and apparently it sucks...

PG? 12A? Hey, I'm from the UK too! :cool: Sorry if I sounded harsh on the last post.

Anyways... Predator? Little gore?
-Skinned bodies (as you already said)
- A hostage gets shot in the head with a handgun, splattering blood everywere.
-Someone gets sliced by the predator's wristblades, making quite a mess. Later we see a disgusting pile of... well, something, but you can be sure that it used to be part of that poor guy.
-A guy gets shot with the Predators gun, leaving a massive hole in his chest.
- A poor little piggy gets repeatedly stabbed.
-Another guy gets shot in the head with one of those guns, splattering blood and brains onto the camera
- Someone else's arm is blown off
- Another victim's spine is ripped out (seen from a distance, but seen nothertheless)
I think not. That movie was a bloodbath.

True, the Alien movies (apart from Alien 3 and Ressurection) weren't exceptionally gory, but the red stuff was still there (plus some yucky-looking android gore). And from what I gather from Screenit.com, there appears to be much less in AvP.