PDA

View Full Version : English dialog.tlk

Tanesh
08-01-2004, 07:00 PM
I've almost finished my very first mod. But it's in German and I want to translate it into English so I can share it with you guys. ;) For I don't know how close the German version is to the original, I want the English dialog.tlk file. I don't want to make a translation with the result that the new dialog lines don't match exactly with the original ones etc. So please, is there a kind person who can send me this dialog.tlk? :)

Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Are you sure that using the English TLK file will solve this problem?

*Atris*
08-01-2004, 07:16 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/6428/

here you are just for you

arent you special:D

Achilles
08-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by lowiej
http://www.pcgamemods.com/6428/

here you are just for you

arent you special:D

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm a little put off that you used PCGM's to share a file with someone. The idea is that you can go to the site and download mods (or tools for mods). I may have missed something but it just seems wrong to upload a file for one person. You could have easily used winrar to make several small archives and then emailed it. That's all I have to say about that.

*Stepping off my soapbox*

Tanesh
08-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Are you sure that using the English TLK file will solve this problem?

Umm, yes. :D I've already heard from some guys that they used the English game with a German dialog.tlk to have German subtitles. And all of the non-modded dialog files I saw only use the references from the dialog.tlk file. I only have to exchange the German with the English one and *tadaaa* I have English lines. Oh, and I've just tested it. ;) Works wonderful. Thank you, lowiej. :)

@Achillies: I don't think lowiej wanted to offend anyone by posting this on pcgamemods. Of course I'd also have accepted an e-mail, but it's already done now. Isn't there the possibility to delete this file again? And there's of course a small chance that another one could want this file for translations. I've already recognised some differences between the two language versions, so it could be helpful.

*Atris*
08-02-2004, 06:35 AM
@Achillies

Ive left it up for any one to use, its been downloaded nine times so i dont see a problem

Achilles
08-02-2004, 12:38 PM
@Achillies

Ive left it up for any one to use, its been downloaded nine times so i dont see a problem

Probably because people think it's a new mod, but whatever.

*Atris*
08-02-2004, 06:33 PM
it clearly says english dlg tlk file suplied with kotor

Achilles
08-02-2004, 06:46 PM
it clearly says english dlg tlk file suplied with kotor

[placate]Yep, it sure does. [\placate]

Mono_Giganto
08-02-2004, 08:00 PM
lol just ask Kengo to delete it if it's a problem.