PDA

View Full Version : How Many Swampies Can Cook?

Darth Groovy
08-03-2004, 05:45 AM
Now I am not talking pop-tarts, toast, or microwave dinners, I am talking about chopping meat, browning, seasoning, baking, sautee' that sort of thing. I would really like to know.

One of the fortunate things I learned in the NAVY was how to cook. SERIOUSLY! Before I joined the NAVY, I used to burn Campbell's soup. I found that by complimenting NAVY cooks, they would be so happy, that they would take me into the kitchen and show me how to put it all together. I actually enjoyed the free lessons, and got really involved! By the time I finished my enlistment, I came home, and started cooking breakfast and dinner for my parents, and it freaked them out...TOTALLY! To this day, they still admire my cooking, and I do cook when the opportunity arrises. I can cook almost anything, and I am equally good on the grill.

So do any of you cook? My specialty is tacos (not fancy, but I make so many people smile with my secret recipe for meat!)!

Sabretooth
08-03-2004, 05:47 AM
I can make sandwiches...

and cook them

Darth Groovy
08-03-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by sabretooth
I can make sandwiches...

and cook them

Details man, details! What kind of sandwiches?!?! Rubens, grilled cheese, patty melts? What?

Sabretooth
08-03-2004, 05:54 AM
Chicken and Veg. sandwich. I'm a poor cook. :(

But who cares? ;) :D

Astrotoy7
08-03-2004, 05:59 AM
Ah, cooking. One of the pleasures of life. What is more enjoyable in dining than eating a persona creation that you have put your heart and soul into, and know exactly the ingredients used(which is excellents in a nutritional sense)

I would like to divide my favourite modes of cooking into regional classification, and fave dishes

i)Turkish
*Yogurtlu Doner : succulent lamb, with tomato salsa, served with yogurt and hot turkish bread
*Lahmacun - flat bread with mince, spices, sorta like a pizza
*Samsun Pide - similar to Lahmacun, different combo of spices
*Bulgur Kofte - wheat shell, filled with succulent lamb mince, onion, parsley, spices of choice
*Firinda Makarana - similar to a pasta bake

ii)Indian
*Chicken makhani - butter chicken with yogurt and tomato gravy
*Lamb Korma - a lamb curry !
*Chicken Tikka - Chicken fillet cooked tandoori style

iii)Greek
*Mousaka -
*Pasticia - similar to firinda makarna(see Turkish)
*Dolmades - vine leaves stuffd with mince, rice
*Yemista - Hollowed capsicum stuffed with mince, rice etc

iv)Italian -
*Chicken Alfredo
*Chicken Cacciatore
*Bruschetta - oven baked bread, with pesto, diced tomatos/vegetables, dressing with balsamic vinegar :D
*PIZZA !

I can do a little mexican too, but live too close to a great mexican restaurant to be bothered going to the trouble :D

mtfbwya

Darth Rythe
08-03-2004, 06:57 AM
Astro.............can I be your friend?:p

I took hospitality for 4 years...........still can't cook very well........but who listens when you can eat food in class:D

CapNColostomy
08-03-2004, 07:05 AM
I'm fierce on the grill. I make my own baste with beer and assorted other stuff laying around my cabinets. Pretty tasty schtuff if I do say so myself.

Darth Rythe
08-03-2004, 07:09 AM
I can make assorted drinks....that aren't fore people under 18

<_<
>_>

I don't care, i'm in my home, I can do what I want!

Pad
08-03-2004, 08:00 AM
I can manage myself most of the time. Im not a master cook but I can make myself a decent meal when its needed. Varying from a special egg going to potatoes with tomatoes and corn and ending by making my own pizza :D

Icemaniax
08-03-2004, 08:22 AM
I can cook.. really good omelette's(or so I'm told).. um.. yah...

Does Top Ramen count? :P I can make it hundreds of different ways.

Samuel Dravis
08-03-2004, 08:36 AM
I can cook if I need to...

Anthony
08-03-2004, 08:53 AM
I can make sandwiches. : /

Nalukai
08-03-2004, 10:08 AM
i have been cooking for 14 years in restaurants, kitchen mgr of outback steakhouse for 5 years and a ton of experience in culinary fine dining... here are some things to water your mouth.

Peppercorn crusted Rack of lamb w/ butternut squash risotto asparagus rolls and a red wine demi/goat cheese fondue

lemon peppered chicken and rotel rotini

black and blue filet with a caramlized onion and pepper cream sauce

crab mornay crusted rainbow trout with a key lime salsa and buerre blanc sauce

foi grae on a bed of grilled squash/zuchini topped with a turbo dog beer demi sauce

and the almighty sloppy chicken sandwich: grilled chicken breast topped with brie cheese stacked with 3 fried green tomatoes and a crab and crawfish spicy creole sauce...

time to get yo munch on....

p.s. i can take any 3 items in a kitchen and make a culinary dish out of them muhahaha......kinda like i can take any 3 items in your house and make a bong out of them... rofl!

Astrotoy7
08-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Nalukai
i have been cooking for 14 years in restaurants, kitchen mgr of outback steakhouse for 5 years and a ton of experience in culinary fine dining!

a. Does that mean you are another fellow aussie ? :D

b. I think you should be appointed Swamp Chef.... :D

sounds nice :D

mtfbwya

Mex
08-03-2004, 10:17 AM
I can cook!

Microwave pizzas. :(

KBell
08-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Sometimes I like to open up the BBq and throw some handburgers or steaks on the grill when I'm really hungry. I usually put alittle spice on the steaks and afterwards, alittle bbq sauce.

RoxStar
08-03-2004, 11:34 AM
I can cook a little on the grill....

Nalukai
08-03-2004, 12:24 PM
nah i live on the Gulf coast in Mississippi near New Orleans.. so mah speciality is Cajun cookin--- I GAR-ON-TEE

heres some more for you:

Habenero Rainbow trout topped with a roasted tomato and Garlic Hollandaise sauce..

marinate your steaks in Orange Juice.. Bass Beer ... and Tabasco for 6 hours prior to cooking...

for the record Pizza is not Italian its american first true pizza came from Chicago. Italy had the Pizzaria- which was a bread- like pizza instead of a raised dough crust.

You can convert a Japanese Stir Fry to a Thai Stir-Fry by adding Peanut butter to it.

ah MUSAKA!!! greek food indeed.. A Yuro with a cucumber sauce topped with feta cheese n spinach is the shizzle- dont forget your black pepper and garlic salt... tons of it!

an perfect omlet is made with 2 eggs instead of 3 and you saute your ingrediants in it before you add the whipped egg yolks rather than stuffing them inside a folded one, and add a teaspoon of tabasco to the eggs for heat and color.

Garlic Bread.... margerine,garlic powder even coverage, basil and paprika

like gravy... try a white cream gravy- ground beef/or bacon fat heated down add in a teaspoon of chicken base TbL of flour and a 1/2 cup of whipping cream

and dessert..... Banana Split Napaleon-the perfect Brunch dessert:

3 pancakes stacked with sliced bananas in between- criss crossing maple, blueberry, and strawberry syrups with a scoop of vanilla on top instead of butter....

I make stoners happy.......:D

ET Warrior
08-03-2004, 01:20 PM
I make good waffles :D

I can make a few easy chicken dishes, and I follow instructions in cook books really good :xp:

I also make a mean mac n cheese ;)

ZBomber
08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I can't even make bacon. :p

Mike Windu
08-03-2004, 02:04 PM
I can cook, but my parents don't let me.

So I tell them what I want.

I make a mean butter shrimp.

Melt butter in a pan.

Add shrimp.

Squeeze 2 maybe 3 lemons in, depending on how much sourness you want >_>

Add a pinch of salt and pepper.

Leave the shrimp in there for a while.

Serve with white rice.

And if these directions are too hard for you... you're a fool ^_^

ET Warrior
08-03-2004, 02:07 PM
I cook breakfast dishes really well. Eggs, bacon, saussage, pancakes, french toast, waffles, omelettes, and th elike.

Lightsaberboy
08-03-2004, 02:12 PM
only fried rice.

Captain Wilson
08-03-2004, 03:53 PM
I can cook italian. Im learning chinese. after i have mastered this 2 food types i will never lean anything again

Nalukai
08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

b. I think you should be appointed Swamp Chef.... :D

does that mean i can have Swamp Chef tag instead of bantha fodder...^^

The_One
08-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Captain Wilson
I can cook italian. Im learning chinese. after i have mastered this 2 food types i will never lean anything again

How about learning the English language?

legameboy
08-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Noone can beat my chocolate chip pumpkin bread with that little extra bit of nutmeg and cinnamon and a whole lotta chocolate chips for a big taste that everyone, everyone likes.

:)

Yep, I'm an accomplished chef! :p

topshot
08-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Candy bar pies and sirloin steaks. I am pretty good at cooking both.

The Seeker
08-03-2004, 10:22 PM
I can cook awsome steaks, chicken, pork chops, burgers etc. on the grill, but my specialty is sandwiches of any kind.

Best sandwich in the world:

Broil some sourdough buns on the outside until they're crunchy, then pull them and flip them.

On the untoasted side, put butter and garlic powder down followed by cheddar cheese on one side and mozzerella on the other. Put it back in the broiler and melt the cheese.

While the cheese is melting, seperately heat some black forest ham, and your favorite salami (I use deer salami, but unless you hunt, it's hard to get ahold of.)

Once the cheese is melted, put some diced black olives and mustard on the mozzerella side and the meats on the cheddar. Back in the broiler until hot.

Pull it and top with lettuce tomatos and onions. Man o Man, you will never have a better sandwich. I guarantee it.

Now, if sandwiches arent your thing, there's always my awsome fajitas:

Grill some thick (inch and a half to two inches thick) sirloin steaks to around medium done-ness slice into strips.

mix a can of black beans with a can of refried beans in a skillet and get them really hot.

Put meat and beans on a hot tortillia and top with lots of cheddar cheese, lettuce tomato onions, guacamole or whatever else you want on it. If done right, it should be big enough that you can't fit your mouth around it without looking disgusting. :D

Enjoy.

Lady Jedi
08-04-2004, 12:14 AM
I cook a lot. Mainly sidedishes and desserts, but I make the meanest enchiladas north of texas. I like to serve them up with fresh refried beans, and warm tortillas. And you just can't beat a big slice of texas sheet cake to follow.
:D

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 12:38 AM
YOU cant

Kain
08-04-2004, 12:48 AM
I can make one thing: A fire that'll end up consuming northwestern Ohio if I try to cook anything that takes longer than 3 minutes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm quite possibly the only human who could burn soup in a microwave to the point of burned-downed-house.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Captain Wilson
08-04-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by The_One
How about learning the English language?

Pffff language is overrated. If i could id explain it in numbers. But then id need to explian the numbers.

plus my spelling is crap, my grammer is crap, my use of english as a writen language is crap.

Therefore i make an apolagy to world and people who have to read my posts

:P

Darth Groovy
08-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Wow! This thread really took off! I expected this to die in less than 12 hours, and here it is, top of the list!

Originally posted by Pad
I can manage myself most of the time. Im not a master cook but I can make myself a decent meal when its needed. Varying from a special egg going to potatoes with tomatoes and corn and ending by making my own pizza :D

You know, the worst job I ever had, was working at Little Ceaser's Pizza inside A K'Mart.

I had applied at K'Mart, and got called in. After the interview, I was told I was being hired at Lil' Ceaser's which I was not happy about, but they told me, that I could "Transfer" to the store at a later time, so I took it. Worst ****ing job I ever had. HOWEVER! I DID learn how to make Pizza, and breadsticks! ;)

ET Warrior
08-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by yaebginn
YOU cant

What exactly is the purpose of that post? Who can't? What can't they do?

yaebginn
08-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by LadyJedi12
And you just can't beat a big slice of texas sheet cake to follow.

MennoniteHobbit
08-04-2004, 02:13 PM
I can cook some things, like spaghetti, and I can cook pizza, macaroni and cheese, Hamburger/Chicken Helper boxes (stuff in them, duh), scrambled eggs, waffles, garlic bread, rice (so easy, if you can't you're a fool), fried rice, make tacos, pecan pie, make sandwiches (who can't? :p ) and a couple of more things...

Acrylic
08-04-2004, 02:58 PM
I can somewhat cook.

If the opprotunity arrises (sp?) I can make some good food. Depending on what there is.

I usually make a really good chicken sandwich. I take some frozen chicken breast, put it on the stove for about 40 minutes to an hour, at a really slow temp. So the breasts (teehee :D) are really tender.
Then I end up putting them on croissants, adding tomatos, lettuce, onions, mayo, and some seasonings, and I make something good that'll get you full pretty fast.

Curt-Man
08-04-2004, 09:47 PM
ive only made ground beef and macaroni, and i am the one wanting be a cook when i grow up, well my aunt did give me 2 cookbooks for my birthday, so i'll have to try that out someday.

SeleneRayne
08-04-2004, 11:01 PM
I can cook. I can make a lot. My nanny taught me. :D

Spaghetti
Fetticini Alfredo
Garlic-Butter Shrimp
Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Steak
Hamburgers
Homemade Pizza
French Fries
Cakes
Brownies
Pies
Cinnamon Rolls

the list goes on... :p

Seph
08-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by topshot
Candy bar pies and sirloin steaks. I am pretty good at cooking both. what are you talking about? sirloin steaks?! brother, you can't make those, i however can cook salmon, steaks hamburger, omlets, ruben, and tons of other stuff

Samuel Dravis
08-05-2004, 01:41 AM
I cook a lot. Mainly sidedishes and desserts, but I make the meanest enchiladas north of texas. I like to serve them up with fresh refried beans, and warm tortillas. And you just can't beat a big slice of texas sheet cake to follow.
:D That sounds good....you live in Texas?

topshot
08-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Seph
what are you talking about? sirloin steaks?! brother, you can't make those, i however can cook salmon, steaks hamburger, omlets, ruben, and tons of other stuff

I can, but it's just been so long since I grilled one. You just never seen me cook one before, little brother. ;)

Troopr-Undr-Fir
08-05-2004, 05:00 PM
The microwave is my best friend :D

But actually I know some sicilian recipes that I learned at a young age from my mother.

Cept I only do them when my girlfriend wants an evening at my house. And in fact I enjoy cooking then. Because she is so appriciative of it. And always gives me good feedback ;)

TiE23
08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
I can make Burgers, Grilled Cheese :p, quesadilla, Top Ramen, Photo Shop, I also know how to bake cakes-brownies-cinnamon rolls (Not from memory), I can make Scrambeled Eggs, fry bacon, brown taco meat, fry taco shells, fry tortilla chips, make pasta, I almost know how to make good Guacamole. :p

TiE

Lady Jedi
08-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
That sounds good....you live in Texas?

No, but I used to. Texas sheet cake is one of my favorite things to make. Super easy. Kind of different. Oh. SO. Tasty. MMmmmmm. :)

Troopr-Undr-Fir
08-05-2004, 06:08 PM
No, but I used to. Texas sheet cake is one of my favorite things to make. Super easy. Kind of different. Oh. SO. Tasty. MMmmmmm. :)

:bored: OOOOO! I haven't had that in ages :(

Samuel Dravis
08-05-2004, 10:09 PM
No, but I used to. Texas sheet cake is one of my favorite things to make. Super easy. Kind of different. Oh. SO. Tasty. MMmmmmm. :) Foiled! I was going to make you bring me some. Grrr..... :p

Nalukai
08-06-2004, 01:01 AM
change mah sh1t to Swamp Chef instead of Bantha Fodder noobs :D

Acrylic
08-06-2004, 01:07 AM
change mah sh1t to Swamp Chef instead of Bantha Fodder noobs :D

This is the perfect time to say this, so here goes:

STFU n00b.

My work here is done.

*gets on horse, flicks off a midget named Stan and rides off into the moonlight humming "Big Log" by Robert Plant.*

Samuel Dravis
09-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Resurrection time!

Actually, I have a good reason for unleashing this dinosaur upon the helpless (well, maybe not groovy) citizens of Yoda's Swamp. I made the Texas sheet cake with a recipe from another Swampie (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3865). And it tastes very good. :D I can't find my digital camera, so no pics... :(

Chocolate. And super incredible amounts of sugar. Mmmm....must...eat...more...

Curt-Man
09-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by SeleneRayne
I can cook. I can make a lot. My nanny taught me. :D

Spaghetti
Fetticini Alfredo
Garlic-Butter Shrimp
Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Steak
Hamburgers
Homemade Pizza
French Fries
Cakes
Brownies
Pies
Cinnamon Rolls

the list goes on... :p

Kain you lucky bum.

JediJohn
09-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Kain didnt even post that but his/her av does look like Kain's i agree

El Sitherino
09-04-2004, 12:47 AM
I can cook anything. just not eveyrthing will taste excellent. But most stuff I make tastes good. That said, I make a damn good lobster dish, I just can't afford it very much.

SeleneRayne
09-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Curt-Man
Kain you lucky bum.

Oh, he knows! lol :p

Another thing I can make to add to my list... Peanut-butter and fudge brownies. I made them a few days ago, a recipe from my sister. They were freakin awesome. :D

Acrylic
09-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by jedijohn
Kain didnt even post that but his/her av does look like Kain's i agree

Dummy.

He meant that lucky for Kain that she can cook.

:rolleyes:

CapNColostomy
09-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah, you're a regular dummy if you don't know they're engaged, or can't read minds! What a tard! *cough*PRICK*cough*:rolleyes:

Tyrion
09-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Yeah, you're a regular dummy if you don't know they're engaged, or can't read minds! What a tard! *cough*PRICK*cough*:rolleyes:

For once I agree with CapN, oh noes. :dozey:

Anyway....

What I can make...

Sandwhiches
Meats on the frying pan(Sausages, Canadian Bacon, Bacon, ect.)
Various custom drinks(berry juice + serra mist=win!)

Pretty much it...:indif:

Acrylic
09-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy

If that was meant to be sarcastic and make fun of me...

**** you. You are the prick. You are always a mean guy, and make fun of people always and stuff. You are an ass. As a person, and as a forum member, I just want to tell you that you suck and that you rot in hell.

And even if you weren't being sarcastic, I still mean it.

Tyrion
09-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
If that was meant to be sarcastic and make fun of me...

**** you. You are the prick. You are always a mean guy, and make fun of people always and stuff. You are an ass. As a person, and as a forum member, I just want to tell you that you suck and that you rot in hell.

And even if you weren't being sarcastic, I still mean it.

Said the kettle who previously posted:

Dummy.

He meant that lucky for Kain that she can cook.

:rolleyes:

:rofl:

Darth Groovy
09-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Acrylic and Capn'....just cool it, right now.

Tyrion, stop throwing gasoline on this flame war.

--ZeeMan--
09-05-2004, 09:59 PM
*raises hand* i cook very well and also work in a restaurant right now =)

El Sitherino
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
looks like this thread itself is cookin. :emodanc:

I know, it sucked.

Kain
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
So...people got mad over Selene's being able to cook for me and someone made a wierd comment?

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever seen...

I LEARNT SOMETHING!! I can now make chicken patties! YAY!!!

...screw you guys alright. This is a big step for me.

Oh and Grooves, KMart does suck...I hate that job.

Darth Groovy
09-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Kain
So...people got mad over Selene's being able to cook for me and someone made a wierd comment?

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever seen...

I LEARNT SOMETHING!! I can now make chicken patties! YAY!!!

...screw you guys alright. This is a big step for me.

Oh and Grooves, KMart does suck...I hate that job.

I'm REALLY sorry you work there. I had no idea... I would not wish that job on my worst enemy. Seriously, look for another job and take the first thing that comes your way. It only gets worse. :(

BongoBob
09-05-2004, 10:31 PM
I can make tuna melts. That's about it.

I live on hot pockets and top ramen :D

EDIT: 2000 POSTS :D

Darth Groovy
09-05-2004, 10:36 PM
I used to like hot pockets, but the last two times I tried them, they were some horrible, horrible stuff. :(

Also, tuna is terrible. I hate anything with tuna in it.

ZBomber
09-06-2004, 08:35 AM
I learned how to use a toaster today :)

ET Warrior
09-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Living in an apartment this year has learnt me some new things.

I make a wicked Chicken and stuffing casserolle, my Tuna Melts and grilled ham'n'cheese sandwiches are good, Waffles, Mac n, cheese, Hot Dogs...and a few other little things are all in my cooking repertoire now :D

Sam Fisher
09-06-2004, 02:06 PM
I can make spaghetti, mac and cheese, waffels, scrambled egg sandwiches, mashed potatoes, homemade pizza, some desserts, and recently made my first cherry pie from scratch :)

Jed
09-10-2004, 12:43 PM
I can make hot dogs, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, sunny-side eggs, and hamburgers, to a degree.

Anthony
09-10-2004, 12:46 PM
I once made myself a cake. :p

Sam Fisher
09-10-2004, 12:48 PM
I also make Pumpkin Spice Bars and Sloppy Joes. :)

Spider AL
09-10-2004, 12:50 PM
I can do:

toasted lemon-fried chicken sandwich with salad and fresh mayo.

Prawn, tomato, vegetable and parsley brown rice... pot, for want of a better title. Any ideas for a name for this dish?

Garlic and cheese mushroom starter,

Homemade chinese pancake rolls.

And miscellaneous standards such as Full English and good English apple pie.

Oh, and bread. I make bread. No machines.

Anthony
09-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Pumpkin Spice Bars

What're those? :confused:

Sam Fisher
09-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Pumpkin Spice Bars

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 15oz can of pumpkin (that pumpkin pie filling)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch. Mix eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in a large bowl with a spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salk, ginger and cloves.

Bake 25- 30 mins or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

I like to have Creme Cheese with it :)

Lightsaberboy
09-10-2004, 01:04 PM
i think they're bars of pumpkin that also have spices in em.

Sam Fisher
09-10-2004, 01:08 PM
No, no, thems very tasty if you eat them warm :D

Lady Jedi
09-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL

Prawn, tomato, vegetable and parsley brown rice... pot, for want of a better title. Any ideas for a name for this dish?

I need more details, but i'll give it a try. Gumbo? maybe Jambalaya?

Darth Groovy
09-10-2004, 11:21 PM
EVERYTIME I look at this thread, I get hungry. I created a monster...:(

Spider AL
09-11-2004, 10:58 AM
I need more details, but i'll give it a try. Gumbo? maybe Jambalaya?Well, I lightly fry the seafood with garlic, onions, ginger and then chuck some veg in as above... meanwhile the rice is boiling in a stock, preferably fresh... Gives it a nice meaty flavour. Bung the rice into a big bowl, bung the seafood in, bung some freshly chopped parsley in to lighten the oaty aftertaste of the rice (not too much), and you've got a winner. What do you think title-wise?

Lightsaberboy
09-11-2004, 11:43 AM
i'm more fascinated by how you used the word "bung" three times.

Darth Groovy
09-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Maybe you should call it "AL's Bung Suprise", but don't be surprised if alot of people leave the table when you say it.

Spider AL
09-11-2004, 12:40 PM
I apologise for the rank obscenity. I get excitable when discussing food. Serious ideas for a title to bung in the thread, anyone?

weiderudare
09-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Meatballs!
Em...Pancakes?
Pasta
Noodles
Sandwiches
And Im an expert in warming pizzas in the oven
AND.........I can find the coke in the fridge without getting lost.

Darth Groovy
09-11-2004, 02:19 PM
What you make sounds like Jumbalyaya to me. (I think Jumbalaya has sausage in it though no?)

Lady Jedi
09-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Well spider al, it sounds sort of like a variation of jambalaya. I've never seen it cooked that way, but everyone has their own way of doing it. Sounds very unspicy though, so maybe call it Northern Jambalaya. Let me know what you think.

and Groovy, sausage is optional.

Darth Groovy
09-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Well spider al, it sounds sort of like a variation of jambalaya. I've never seen it cooked that way, but everyone has their own way of doing it. Sounds very unspicy though, so maybe call it Northern Jambalaya. Let me know what you think.

and Groovy, sausage is optional.

Last time I had it, it had sausage, peppers, tomatoes, prawns, and LOTS of spice. MAN that was good stuff.

acdcfanbill
09-12-2004, 09:35 AM
damn u guys are making me hungry. plus i can cook simple things like pastas, steaks, meat oriented dishes. Plus i make a mean mac n cheese from scratch, blows kraft right out of the water.

Spider AL
09-12-2004, 10:19 AM
I have it... Not jambalaya... but Jabba-leia!

Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
damn u guys are making me hungry. plus i can cook simple things like pastas, steaks, meat oriented dishes. Plus i make a mean mac n cheese from scratch, blows kraft right out of the water.

I dunno man, Kraft Mac n cheese is pretty damn good.

Damn, now I am hungry again. Anybody in this thread a soup fanatic like I am?

http://www.themanipulation.com/soup_nazi.gif

acdcfanbill
09-12-2004, 10:24 AM
i'm not too huge on soup. mostly cuase i dont like the broth type soups much. i like tomato, potatoe, cheese, that kinda stuff. but like chicken noodle, meh, i can just leave those.

now something like a Stew, i could eat that all day, that or chilli :)

Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Even though stew may sometimes have a similar consistency, it is not considered a soup.

Chili on the other hand, is considered a soup.

Soups I like:

Cream of chicken (rice)
Cream of brocolli
Cream of Potato
Cream of mushroom
Split Pea
Chicken Noodle
Vegatable
Tomato
Chedder Cheese
Clam Chowder
(I also love all the Camb

Usually, when I go to a restarant, I will order a bowl of soup, even if it is not included with the meal.

Nalukai
09-12-2004, 01:46 PM
<-------still teh undisputed Swamp Chef... now CHANGE MAH HEADER TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ :P

oh yeha btw EDIT: Tip of the day:

If you boil a can of condensed milk for 2 1/2 hours unopened it turns to caramel- great for pie fillings!!!!!!!!

swphreak
09-12-2004, 02:10 PM
I can... microwave Ramen noodles, Mac and Cheese, Chicken Noodle soup, er... that's not cooking <.<

I can cook Grilled Cheese, Blueberry Muffins, Waffles/Pancakes, scrambled eggs, beef or cicken lo mein, and some other stuff.

At the moment, I'm a master at the art of the microwave since ovens aren't allowed in dorms.

Lady Jedi
09-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Okay Spider Al, I think i have it. Shrimp E'toufee. I think i spelled it wrong, but it's the closest match to your recipe i think. Basically shrimp etoufee is shrimp and veggies all sauteed together and servered over rice. It normally has some sort of a roux and liquid to give sort of a stew consistency.

Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 05:47 PM

If you boil a can of condensed milk for 2 1/2 hours unopened it turns to caramel- great for pie fillings!!!!!!!!

Interesting....

Spider AL
09-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Okay Spider Al, I think i have it. Shrimp E'toufee. Thanks, but I like Jabbaleia.