PDA

View Full Version : Swoop bikes won't work - help!

Waldo1967
08-04-2004, 03:49 AM
Got to the level with the bikes and I've tried dozens of different ways, but they won't work. I jump on them, left click for thrust and it just explodes and I go flying through the air. Tried right clicking, jumping off then on, other bikes, killing other riders and trying their bikes . . . same thing. I even thought I could just run the whole course, but then there's this big canyon you have to jump so I'm stuck.

Help . . .

Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Well I know you press your jump button (DEFAULT=space) to thrust. If you're trying to move, just press your 'forward' key. I don't see what your problem could be.... On the second thought, you CAN run through it, just noclip at the canyon. :D Hope this helps.

Waldo1967
08-04-2004, 10:44 PM
I've tried everything and nothing works, forward, side, back. . . w, a, s, d, nothing, . . . all I can do is jump on and off them with the space bar. As soon as I hit left click for the thrusters there's a pause and then it explodes and I go flying.

I've tried reloading the level, stealing other bikes, etc., the same thing.

What do you mean by "noclip" at the canyon?

TK-8252
08-04-2004, 10:54 PM
"Noclip" is a cheat that lets you move freely throughout the map, go through walls, kinda like a ghost you could say.

Bring down your console (hold Shift and press ~), then type "helpusobi 1" (without the quotes). Then, type "noclip" (without the quotes).

Waldo1967
08-05-2004, 02:25 AM
That worked. At least I can complete this level.

Bikes still don't work. Strange, when I brought up the console it was showing some errors with loading the bikes. ??? Oh well, they didn't look that exciting anyway.

TK-8252
08-05-2004, 02:34 AM
If you post the error message we might be able to help you. :)

BTW, riding swoops is hella fun. You haven't played Jedi Academy if you haven't ridden a swoop bike. ;)

Waldo1967
08-05-2004, 06:42 PM
It keeps saying:
Error: Couldn't span NPC swoop_cin

Maybe it's because I'm just running version 1.0.

I'm also using the nocd crack.

_PerfectAgent_
08-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Waldo1967
I'm also using the nocd crack.

Anyway, are you using some sort of mod by chance? Perhaps a new swoop bike or something? If so, try removing it, and then play that level.

TK-8252
08-05-2004, 06:50 PM
I bet it's because of a file you have downloaded. I remember having that flaming swoop bike and it caused some trouble with other swoops. Find the file containing that flaming swoop and remove it. If that doesn't work, I suggest to reinstall and apply the patch.

Bad bad bad, it's against the rules to speak of no-CD cracks, or anything else illegal for that matter. You might have just cost your thread getting closed.

Waldo1967
08-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Ya, I know, mods are always afraid of nocd cracks on every board you go to. Big deal, they're only illegal if you use them for the wrong reasons. I only use them to save disc usage and my DVD drive.

Thanks for the help guys. See ya.

Thread closed in 3, 2, 1 . . . :D