PDA

View Full Version : What should I do??


stingerhs
08-05-2004, 03:15 AM
hmm, there's something i've noticed over the past several months here at Holowan. first off, this is by far one of the best modding forums i've ever been to. second, no one has made custom items that are NOT a lightsaber, armor, implants, masks/helmets, gaunlets, or jedi robes, with the exeption of RedHawke. These items would be pistols, rifles, and swords. now maybe some of you (myself included) have your own personal items for yourself, but none have been submitted to pcgamemods.com. now don't get mad if you've released some, it just that i haven't seen anything along those lines (again, RedHawke is the exception). anyway, i was thinkin about releasing some of my personal weapons (some of which have been reskinned), as well as create new ones. however, i would like to know how interested everyone else is before i do anything.
oh yeah, let me make this clear: the new weapons would be pistols, disruptors, rifles, and swords: nothing else.

Achilles
08-05-2004, 03:21 AM
Well, I have some Wookies specific items that I made, but then I modded Zaalbar to make him a Jedi and then I didn't need them anymore, so I dust-balled them. I could easily update them and share them (at least the weapons anyways).

I also started on some special blasters for Mission that would allow her to utilize her sneak attack more frequently, but I started to feel like they were too overpowered so I stopped.

Is this along the lines of what you're suggesting?

RedHawke
08-05-2004, 03:31 AM
stingerhs if you have some custom items, and you want to share the wealth with everyone else then, by all means, release them if you want to... The more the merrier!

My modded blasters and vibroblades were originally made to babysit my level 2 PC through Taris, and they still preform well today, at least thats what all the smoking carcasses that were the Black Vulkars think! :D

Just my 2 cents!

stingerhs
08-05-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Well, I have some Wookies specific items that I made, but then I modded Zaalbar to make him a Jedi and then I didn't need them anymore, so I dust-balled them. I could easily update them and share them (at least the weapons anyways).

I also started on some special blasters for Mission that would allow her to utilize her sneak attack more frequently, but I started to feel like they were too overpowered so I stopped.

Is this along the lines of what you're suggesting?

very much so. i think everyone did what you did and turned all of their npc's into jedi, or just simply recruit all new ones. just a note to everyone that reads this post:

not every character in Star Wars was a bad-a because they were jedi/sith. think about boba fett. he appeared in a grand total of 6 scenes in the original trilogy, but he's recognized literally everywhere. he used a rocket pack, brains, and blaster. not the force. my biggest point here is that the options to making cool characters does not rely on a lightsaber and force points, in other words, creativity.

Edit: actually, i think it would be an interesting challenge to go through the game pretty much as a non-jedi and just be a beefed up soldier. i know that you need at least one level in a jedi class to activate certain scripts and such, but maybe make it so that you rely more on strategy and tactics to beat the game.

Mav
08-05-2004, 03:36 AM
Seprithro also made a custom blaster with a custom texture you can get it from his website, I've just never had a real desire to mod any pistols or swords since I don't use them at all.

T7nowhere
08-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Of course you should release anything you have made. I think it's a good idea to make other weapons. I have personally been making 4 new weapons a new blaster a new mask(sortof) a new wookie warblade and a Sith vibro sword. All new models

Mav
08-05-2004, 04:14 AM
^^^^^
Ohhhhh can't wait to see them T7

Achilles
08-05-2004, 04:52 AM
Well, I just tried to post my Worrroznor's Warblade mod, but PCGM's isn't playing nice right now. I'll probably try first thing in the morning if I can't get it through in the next few minutes.

Great idea, stingerhs. Thanks for giving us a kick in the pants.

Jackel
08-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
hmm, there's something i've noticed over the past several months here at Holowan. first off, this is by far one of the best modding forums i've ever been to. second, no one has made custom items that are NOT a lightsaber, armor, implants, masks/helmets, gaunlets, or jedi robes, with the exeption of RedHawke. These items would be pistols, rifles, and swords. now maybe some of you (myself included) have your own personal items for yourself, but none have been submitted to pcgamemods.com. now don't get mad if you've released some, it just that i haven't seen anything along those lines (again, RedHawke is the exception). anyway, i was thinkin about releasing some of my personal weapons (some of which have been reskinned), as well as create new ones. however, i would like to know how interested everyone else is before i do anything.
oh yeah, let me make this clear: the new weapons would be pistols, disruptors, rifles, and swords: nothing else.

Hey i made a sword! :D

Check my first mod on pcgamemods, has a nice sword in it , lightside only though. But it is a sword.

And im working on three more for a sword pack im making.

Only problem im having is for somereason the sword wont use my custom skin , aug , of well ill just have to start again.

stingerhs
08-05-2004, 10:46 AM
actually, i just had a brainstorm last nite before i collapsed on my bed. i was thinking about making a mod that will make your character remain whatever class they choose at startup.

i.e. if you chose soldier, you would remain a soldier. :trooper:

there's several ways to do it, my best idea was to make it so you fail the jedi training after you recieve the first star map on dantooine, that way you would get at least one level up in a jedi class. my biggest problem there would be making the proper script, since i haven't tried that before. obviously, this would make the game more challenging just by the limitations placed on your character (imagine fighting malak with a pistol ;P). it would also make it so that stategy becomes a part of the game, like an rpg should have. just making it so that you kill everyone by selecting 2 flurries and a critical strike makes it so that there is no challenge to it. this mod would make kotor actually feel like an rpg again.

Edit: of course, i would release all of my custom weapons with this mod so that things won't get too frustrating during the boss battles.

Achilles
08-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
actually, i just had a brainstorm last nite before i collapsed on my bed. i was thinking about making a mod that will make your character remain whatever class they choose at startup.

i.e. if you chose soldier, you would remain a soldier. :trooper:

there's several ways to do it, my best idea was to make it so you fail the jedi training after you recieve the first star map on dantooine, that way you would get at least one level up in a jedi class. my biggest problem there would be making the proper script, since i haven't tried that before. obviously, this would make the game more challenging just by the limitations placed on your character (imagine fighting malak with a pistol ;P). it would also make it so that stategy becomes a part of the game, like an rpg should have. just making it so that you kill everyone by selecting 2 flurries and a critical strike makes it so that there is no challenge to it. this mod would make kotor actually feel like an rpg again.

Edit: of course, i would release all of my custom weapons with this mod so that things won't get too frustrating during the boss battles.

Based on all the PCisJedi checks that are in the Dantooine modules, that might be more of a challenge than you think. Additionally, you don't have to be a non-jedi to use blasters to fight Malak. There are a couple of "Blaster Wielding Jedi" character builds over at Gamebanshee that you can use if you want to shed your lightsaber. I used the first one once, and you're right...it does make the game tougher.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/strategies/customcharacters.php

stingerhs
08-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Based on all the PCisJedi checks that are in the Dantooine modules, that might be more of a challenge than you think. Additionally, you don't have to be a non-jedi to use blasters to fight Malak. There are a couple of "Blaster Wielding Jedi" character builds over at Gamebanshee that you can use if you want to shed your lightsaber. I used the first one once, and you're right...it does make the game tougher.


point taken. hmm, i guess i better break out with a simple item pack. of course, i would like to make it so you can find the items, but i've done that before (for me anyway).