PDA

View Full Version : The Official Halo 2 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Darth Groovy
08-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Well I copped this idea from all the Doom III nuts, and decided this is our arena for those who are faithful to Halo (Best XBOX Game EVER IMO) and anticipating the release of Halo 2!

I already have my collector's edition reserved!

I feel the most exiting feature will be it's online multiplayer, and the ability to use two guns at once!

I have to admit I discoverd this game rather late, I heard alot about it, but I did not get an XBOX until early this summer. Halo was one of the games I bought later. I messed around with it on a display at Best Buy, and it looked really cool! Also alot of my online freinds swore by the game, and all of them assured me, that I would not be dissapointed. What moves Halo? Simple story, yet gripping, excellent cut scenes, but the game moves at a fast pace, even during the cut scenes you have some movement. And the action itself is non-stop and fast paced! You play this game for the exitement and action, but I have to say, the story is decent and original as well. Master Chief is the coolest cat to ever walk down the pike since Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid!

I got it pretty cheap, yet I have not stopped playing it since. It is a VERY fun game, and hard to find a point to stop!

Halo 2 will be even better! I am keeping my Live subscription just for this game alone!

More Info here! (http://www.bungie.net/Games/Halo2/)

Mex
08-06-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm getting my live account updated the day Halo 2 comes out. :D

I'm also getting two tvs and 2 Xboxes and 2 friends around to have a whole day of Halo 2 gaming.

I'm not even going to sleep on the day it comes out, I'm gonna be waiting outside the store from like 6:00am in the morning just to get the first copy. Thats how exited I am. Heh... If I can get my account updated I'll be sure to arrange a game between everyone who has Xbox live on Lucasforums. That would be pure ownage! I can't wait to hear all your voices..

And Grooves, Solid Snake is boring compared to Master Chief now that Halo 2 is coming out soon. :D

Darth Groovy
08-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Pal™
I'm getting my live account updated the day Halo 2 comes out. :D

I'm also getting two tvs and 2 Xboxes and 2 friends around to have a whole day of Halo 2 gaming.

I'm not even going to sleep on the day it comes out, I'm gonna be waiting outside the store from like 6:00am in the morning just to get the first copy. Thats how exited I am. Heh... If I can get my account updated I'll be sure to arrange a game between everyone who has Xbox live on Lucasforums. That would be pure ownage! I can't wait to hear all your voices..

And Grooves, Solid Snake is boring compared to Master Chief now that Halo 2 is coming out soon. :D

Good point! Also, my gamer tag on live is in fact Darth Groovy, so go ahead and add me to your lists, I will be playing Halo 2 like there is no tomorrow.

IMO, Halo 2 will be the most popular Live game ever!!!!

Mex
08-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
IMO, Halo 2 will be the most popular Live game ever!!!!

Just think of how much money Microsoft and Bungie will be making, they'll be rolling in it, even more than they are now!

I'll be sure to add you to my list the day Halo 2 comes out, because I don't really have any games to play with on Xbox live so theres no point updating it now with no games. :|

Ah well, I look forward to talking to you Groovy!

ET Warrior
08-06-2004, 10:22 AM
So how cool is this, there's a midnight release for Halo 2 at the place I reserved it, which is in Greeley, an hour and fifteen minute drive from Boulder where I live. So monday night I will drive and get it, but then I'll have to turn right back around and return to Boulder because I have an 8 am lab :crybaby:

I've had Halo 2 reserved since February of 2003. :dozey:

ckcsaber
08-06-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't have Live yet*, but I may in the future.

I'm still hoping that Bungie adds some sort of multiplayer feature for the lone wolf, ie. bots.

I saw an interesting post at the gfaq's halo 2 forums regarding multiplayer play w/ai.

Im pretty sure there won't be bots in halo 2,but im also pretty sure there will be some kind of multiplayer mode for people that dont have live or friends (bungie said they 'Have heard the cries of those fans and are currently exploring ways to make the game fun for them as well."

I am thinking they may insert some kind of "create-a-war" mode. In this mode you could pick a certain amount of covenant troops and vehicles...and a certain amount of human allies and vehicles, pick any of the multiplayer levels.....then have a a huge battle.

....This would allow you to create and customize your own epic battles in a variety of ways (weapon type, vehicle type and number, playing as elite or MC, amount of human soldiers, amount of covies, AI difficulty such as heroic or normal, what map you play, etc.).

......of course, you would also be able to utilize the new multiplayer features, as if you were playing a regular MP game (vehicle jacking, dual-wielding, playing as an elite or MC, etc.).

.......Then, Bungie would not have to deal with creating the advanced AI for bots...they could just use the AI from the marines and covies in campaign mode. And the cool thing is, you could, of course, play as master chief and fight along side your marines, ODST's....OR...you could play as an elite fighting along side grunts, brutes, hunters, jackals, and other elites. And Bungie still would wouldnt have to do any tweaking because it's alll basic, single player AI.

Just imagine that huge battle in campaign mode that you have always wanted...but then being able to customize it and play it over an over. Then if Bungie really wanted to impress people, they could make objectives or goals....like both teams try to destory a certain thing in the others base...or one team tries to attack and destory, while the other defends.

I think this would work absolutely flawlessly and should be considered.

Kain
08-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Well, I work stock at a game retailer, so I actually get dibs on it the day BEFORE it comes out to the public...

...SO HA!!!

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Doomie
08-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Oooh, Halo 2! Sorry, can't resist. There goes my exile.

I just hope It's really coming to PC too...

I saw the trailer enough to make me buy this game as soon as it's there. On PC that is.

You can also hold the Covenant energy sword, and when you target someone (Like homing with a rocket launcher), you leap at him and make an instant kill!

At leat, i think i read that somewhere...

KBell
08-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Well, I work stock at a game retailer, so I actually get dibs on it the day BEFORE it comes out to the public...

...SO HA!!!

Expand your Imagi-Nation

No offense, but those types of posts annoy me the most.:o

I'll be looking forward to Halo 2, I'm just sad because I won't be able to play it Live with Groobeh. :(

ET Warrior
08-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by KBell

:violin:

@doom: It's not that you have to target them to do a lunge kill, it's just a secondary attacfk with the energy sword :dozey:

@Kain: I'm so jealous :(

Doomie
08-06-2004, 01:09 PM
@ ET than perhaps the official site IS wrong... I'll see if i can find that, but i'm sure it was that. I mean, choosing between a normal attack and an instant kill is pretty easy, especially if you'd jump towards your target so you won't need to come very close. But we'll see.

I also read (And saw) that you could be Elite in Multiplayer.

KBell
08-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Console ports always show the same trend of being buggy, and having quirky controls.

ET Warrior
08-06-2004, 01:27 PM
well, the way you target with the Rocket launcher is by putting your targetting reticule on the target...so...that's what you do when you shoot things anyways...so it's not like targetting it would be hard. I think the point is that if you do the lunge and miss you are screwed because they'll just shoot you while you're recovering from your missed lunch. The other attack is just a basic melee.

And yes, you can be an elite in MP.

TiE23
08-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
well, the way you target with the Rocket launcher is by putting your targetting reticule on the target...so...that's what you do when you shoot things anyways...so it's not like targetting it would be hard. I think the point is that if you do the lunge and miss you are screwed because they'll just shoot you while you're recovering from your missed lunch. The other attack is just a basic melee.

And yes, you can be an elite in MP. Well, everyone knows its impossible to shoot a run away Warthog or ghost with a rocket launcher, so the lock on fixes this problem :D

TiE

RoxStar
08-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Half-Life 2 > Halo 2. But I'm still gonna buy both:D Halo 2 looks awesome. I think that the new vehicles will be the best.

ET Warrior
08-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
Well, everyone knows its impossible to shoot a run away Warthog or ghost with a rocket launcher, so the lock on fixes this problem :D

A runaway ghost is hard to hit, but the rocket launcher was my weapon of choice in halo, I railed people in warthogs all the time.

Curt-Man
08-06-2004, 09:31 PM
the lock on thing with the rocket lancher really disposes leading the shot, but whatever, still cool, the ghost has new cool ground effects and has a boost thing which is awesome, you can blow off parts of vehicles and scenery, and there is a new human staionary turret.

Icemaniax
08-06-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm a Full on PC gamer :( so I won't be able to play it when it comes out anyway.

and I've never actually played Halo. I've played the demo, and it kicks ass. so I actually bought Halo online 2 days ago. now it just needs to get here.

Kain
08-07-2004, 12:20 AM

Intending all offense, I don't care what annoys you.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Icemaniax
08-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Intending all offense, I don't care what annoys you.

That was beautiful

Mike Windu
08-07-2004, 12:52 AM
That's why he should be president! :xp:

Anyway: I loved Halo, even though I couldn't play it on my computer. I play it at my friends house.

I love the plasma grenades... so much fun to mess around with.

leXX
08-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Halo is my favourite game of all time.

I highly recommend you read all of the books before Halo 2 comes out, because they are truly excellent and really add to the whole Halo experience.

The Fall of Reach - Prequel to Halo
The Flood - The game story from the view point of all sides including the Covenant
First Strike - Covers the story between Halo 1 & 2

I have my Special Edition Halo 2 pre-ordered, and the day it arrives through my letterbox, is the day I dissapear for a very long time. :)

Doomie
08-07-2004, 07:48 AM
'Let's paly catch the plasma grenade!'

*Sticks*

'I knew there was a flaw in this game...'

But anyway, i also heard there will be ambient life, so maybe we can go hunting rabbits. Also, the boarding function is one of the things i'm most enthusiastic about. When a arthog or a ghost comes near you, and it slows down, you hop on, kick the driver out and take his place. Just cool.

Also, ghosts will get boosts and warthogs will get horns.

EDIT: hadn't lexx jsut posted before me, this would've made a lot more sense, but okay...

Another EDIT: shouldn't there actually be a general Halo thread? So we can also talk about Halo before 1998, or further plot speculation...

ckcsaber
08-07-2004, 11:43 AM
A runaway ghost is hard to hit, but the rocket launcher was my weapon of choice in halo, I railed people in warthogs all the time.

I love trying to kill a ghost. My favorite technique was standing out in the open, luring the ghost to run over me. Half a second before I get smashed, I crouch beneath it, turn around, and *hopefully* apply a plasma to it's arse.

Mex
08-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
I love trying to kill a ghost. My favorite technique was standing out in the open, luring the ghost to run over me. Half a second before I get smashed, I crouch beneath it, turn around, and *hopefully* apply a plasma to it's arse.

But in Halo 2, that'll all change. Just imagine the final show down. You vs your mate, hes coming at you in a ghost and you kick him off. This is gonna be so awesome.

Astrotoy7
08-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
That's why he should be president! :xp:

pfft....we know the ppl that voted for you guys were voting for Kain, if you were runnin on your own Mike, you would've gone into *negative* votes :p

Lexxy, nice to hear fromn you... I was beginning to think that you have tired of us completely :(

...Halo books huh, surely thay cant be that good..... the only thing worse than a (live action)movie based on a game, is a book based on a game.... :p

mtfbwya

Anthony
08-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Even though I never owned the first halo, which never worked on either computer and I don't have an Xbox I really want this one.

mmm....

Darth Groovy
08-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by leXX
Halo is my favourite game of all time.

I highly recommend you read all of the books before Halo 2 comes out, because they are truly excellent and really add to the whole Halo experience.

The Fall of Reach - Prequel to Halo
The Flood - The game story from the view point of all sides including the Covenant
First Strike - Covers the story between Halo 1 & 2

I have my Special Edition Halo 2 pre-ordered, and the day it arrives through my letterbox, is the day I dissapear for a very long time. :)

Pssst.....

Get a live account and i'll dissapear with you! Truth be told I will probably play through the SP game entirely first.

jokemaster
08-07-2004, 11:45 PM
I think it'll be excellent, but can't help feeling that it's been overhyped, like most major releases lately. I'll probably not be able to play it on live since I don't think my dad'll let me subscribe. Eh, maybe I can convince him to let me buy the starter's pack and use the subscription card. BTW, can anyone tell me if it's possible to play live wireless? I just don't want to have to plug Live in.

Acrylic
08-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Another EDIT: shouldn't there actually be a general Halo thread? So we can also talk about Halo before 1998, or further plot speculation...

You know, theres a button you can use to create threads if you want a general Halo thread so badly. :rolleyes:

BongoBob
08-08-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by jokemaster
BTW, can anyone tell me if it's possible to play live wireless? I just don't want to have to plug Live in.

Yes there is, the Wireless G Adapter (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801748). Too bad it costs 100 dollars though : \

I want the original Halo now. I played it at best buy and it rocked my world. Even on the tiny screen it was awsome. The only problem is, my parents won't let me play M-Rated Games. Even though it doesn't bother me, it bothers them. So I have to find some way to by em without them knowing. And them play them without them knowing.

:¬: damn

Darth Groovy
08-08-2004, 04:37 AM
'Let's paly catch the plasma grenade!'

*Sticks*

'I knew there was a flaw in this game...'

But anyway, i also heard there will be ambient life, so maybe we can go hunting rabbits. Also, the boarding function is one of the things i'm most enthusiastic about. When a arthog or a ghost comes near you, and it slows down, you hop on, kick the driver out and take his place. Just cool.

Also, ghosts will get boosts and warthogs will get horns.

EDIT: hadn't lexx jsut posted before me, this would've made a lot more sense, but okay...

If you want, I SUPPOSE you could post your own thread. If you wanted to talk about the first Halo game here, that would be ok with me as well. ;)

BTW:

I am on the level where you go deep into Halo, looking for Captain Keyes, and you stumple upon those alien mutant thingies, and the little guys that look like cabbages leap at you! So don't spoil it for me JUST yet. Sorry I discovered this game so freaking late!

Darth Rythe
08-08-2004, 06:03 AM
AHEM!

halo2_e3_realtimedemo_hires.zip -- 158.17Mb (http://games.iinet.net.au/files/index.cgi?id=213)

Doomie
08-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Er acrylic, my point was that if there were two Halo threads, it would be a little much especially with the 'mission success' and the 'conspiracy' thread, that would make four threads about Halo already...

Oh, by the way:

'Halo' isn't the only Halo made by the forerunners, so there is a chance we will visit another one in Halo 2, despite the first one getting blown up.

Acrylic
08-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Damn, you know what?

I went to Gamestop yesterday, and traded in some games. I traded in some game I got from friends: Kirby for GBA (got $14 for it). I traded in Mario Party 4 (Got $18, bought it for $5), I traded in Max Payne for GBA ($9, paid $5), Tony Hawk 4 for XBOX ($4, Paid $10 :(), and I also traded in MGS 2:Substance for PS2 (I got $14, paid $30 back when it first came out), and I traded in the DVD Twister (Got $4, got it for free back in the day), I traded in Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, and got some money, i dont remember.

But all in all, it equalled out to $70 store credit. I boguht my self Skies of Arcadia Legends. Now, I have $50. So I dunno what to do with it? Pre order Halo 2 or Get some great games, that are like $20 each. :confused:

jokemaster
08-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Well, Halo 2's not going to come out for some time, so getting some great games for 20 bucks each, then start earning money again once the release date is closer.

PR-0927
08-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Umm, yeah, my friend let me borrow the Halo books. I just finished The Fall of Reach today, and I started The Flood today. I have never ever been beat in a Halo game...and I play some pretty good people. I play with 400 shields or no shields, nothing in between. I easily beat the first and last levels on Legendary, all of them on Easy, and a few on Normal.

BTW- Darth Groovy...they aren't cabbages...those are the parastic flood that infect living or dead bodies.

:fett:

ET Warrior
08-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I call em brain monsters....because they look like leaping brains of death :eek:

I play with 400 shields or no shields, nothing in between.

Bah, No shields or super shields are so dumb, they totally unbalance every weapon in the game. :rolleyes:

Standard shields is the way to go in Halo MP.

PR-0927
08-08-2004, 04:52 PM
I hate normal shields. It is way to easy to kill people...and way to easy to die. I like it when you can easily die or are almost invincible. I refuse to play under any other settings of shields.

I used to call the flood "those weird zombie things."

leXX
08-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Lexxy, nice to hear fromn you... I was beginning to think that you have tired of us completely :(

...Halo books huh, surely thay cant be that good..... the only thing worse than a (live action)movie based on a game, is a book based on a game.... :p

Never judge a book by it's cover. ;)

ET Warrior
08-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Majin Revan
I hate normal shields. It is way to easy to kill people...and way to easy to die. I like it when you can easily die or are almost invincible. I refuse to play under any other settings of shields.

But it's so pointless when your shields are at 400%. It makes the sniper rifle nearly completely useless, pistols can't kill for crap, and assualt rifles may as well not exist :rolleyes:

And no shields is COMPLETELY retarded, a glancing shot in the foot with a sniper rifle kills instantly.

Curt-Man
08-08-2004, 09:01 PM
i call the little ones zits and the big exploding ones pimples.

Anthony
08-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Curt-Man
i call the little ones zits and the big exploding ones pimples.

:eek: wtf.

PR-0927
08-08-2004, 10:40 PM
But it's so pointless when your shields are at 400%. It makes the sniper rifle nearly completely useless, pistols can't kill for crap, and assualt rifles may as well not exist :rolleyes:

And no shields is COMPLETELY retarded, a glancing shot in the foot with a sniper rifle kills instantly.

The 400m shields helps your attacking skills...makes you do overkill on everything...and the Sniper Rifle actually needs more skill to take down an opponent.

The no shields really helps defense skills...I barely ever die in a no shields match. As for the Sniper Rifle...oh well...

Lexx, you are right. The books rock.

Umm, Curt-Man...I'm with Anthony on this...

Curt-Man
08-08-2004, 11:10 PM
well what can i say, when i have nothing to do, i get all wierd-like

jokemaster
08-08-2004, 11:11 PM
I actually read the first book, played the game, then read the second and third one. I enjoyed them all.

BongoBob
08-08-2004, 11:41 PM
:D :D :D

I love the swamp. I really do.

I went to blockbuster and saw that they had halo in stock. I thought back to when I played it at best buy. I told the truth/lied at the same time. I said that the only blood-blood was on the walls and the floor from before you take control. But I lied and said that you guys told me that. She said that if she had any problems with it I would have to take it back. Started playing it, showed her that the covanent bled rainbow goo, and she had no problems with it.

I must say, this is quite possibly the best game ever. I am soooo asking my mom if I can buy it, and preorder 2. And get live.

:D Yayness :D

jokemaster
08-09-2004, 02:43 PM

you can blow off parts of vehicles and scenery,
Wow, I can imagine while someone else steals the flag you sabotage the warthogs by shooting off the turrets

Doomie
08-09-2004, 03:36 PM
well, it's pretty limited actually, i believe. You can blow up certain things, like explosive barrles adn stuff, and you can destroy vehicles (This time also in multiplayer) but don't expect to be able to blow away entire rocks and buildings.

Cause that way, if it's true, you'll be even happier!

Mex
08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Who is everyone going to be in multi player? I might be a master chief, but being a covenant is just too temping to pass up.

Curt-Man
08-09-2004, 09:50 PM
man, i'm always going to be an elite, and some rock faces and building balconies you can blow up, but not everything is explosive, otherwise you could flatten entire levels.

Doomie
08-10-2004, 11:55 AM
I think i'm going to go with the majority of the team, meaning that if mroe than 50 % is elite, i'll go elite.

Maybe in teamgames, you'll have covie and MC teams...

EDIT: oh, and there will also be new vehicles, including a few variants of the warthog and a covie troop transport.

Kain
08-10-2004, 12:41 PM
I'll be Master Chief...for one reason: Customizable battle armor.

Unless of course that sucks...then I might be an Elite.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

legameboy
08-10-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm tempted to buy an Xbox...

Fable, Halo, Halo 2, and some other good Xbox- and console-exclusive games.

Help me? Should I get an Xbox or upgrade my computer?

^_^

CapNColostomy
08-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by legameboy
I'm tempted to buy an Xbox...

Fable, Halo, Halo 2, and some other good Xbox- and console-exclusive games.

Help me? Should I get an Xbox or upgrade my computer?

^_^

That feller that beat all those people to death over an XBox votes yes on getting an XBox. I guess Halo is just that damned good.

ET Warrior
08-11-2004, 01:51 AM
Buy an Xbox. Console only games are getting more and more common, and Xbox has some SWEET titles :D

Darth Groovy
08-11-2004, 04:32 AM
Buy an Xbox. Console only games are getting more and more common, and Xbox has some SWEET titles :D

I learned this. I bought an XBOX, and do not regret it. XBOX got me exited and interested in console gaming again!

legameboy
08-11-2004, 09:27 AM
...and it's cheaper than spending 400 dollars upgrading my computer.

Meh, I'll probobly still upgrade my computer, but still...

I think it's calling me. So inexpensive, so many great titles...

I've just about given in. What are the ten best titles (in your opinion) for the Xbox?

Oh, and to stay on topic, Halo 2 looks sweet. >_>

Acrylic
08-11-2004, 04:28 PM
I learned this. I bought an XBOX, and do not regret it. XBOX got me exited and interested in console gaming again!

I was so excited when I got my XBox back in october. But then I started to get less excited because there werent any games I was willing to get anymore. Then I got a Gamecube, and Im hooked on that. I guess Im more of a Mario guy. But once Halo 2, Fable, etc are released, then it'll be awesome to start playing the XBOX again. And Now, as for my PS2, I havent played the thing in half a year.

Mex
08-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
PS2, I havent played the thing in half a year.

I sold my PS2 after I got my Xbox! Then I bought a Gamecube and I haven't touched that either.

But to stick to the subject, what is everyone going to use? Dual weilding or single weapon and grenades?

ET Warrior
08-11-2004, 09:27 PM
But to stick to the subject, what is everyone going to use? Dual weilding or single weapon and grenades?

I think it'll depend on the scenario and what my purpose is.

Curt-Man
08-11-2004, 10:13 PM
2 needlers? *drools* so much exploding pink..... 2 pistols would eb wicked too! but i think are going to be new grenades, but i'm not sure, i love grenades though, so i'll use both!

leXX
08-11-2004, 10:23 PM
The needlers are supposed to be a lot more powerful this time around too.

*drools with you*

Curt-Man
08-11-2004, 10:25 PM
awesome! i think they fire faster and have better homingness
*drools some more*

Kain
08-11-2004, 10:32 PM
2 needlers? *drools* so much exploding pink..... 2 pistols would eb wicked too! but i think are going to be new grenades, but i'm not sure, i love grenades though, so i'll use both!

No more pistols. They just merged the assault rifle and the pistol.

legameboy
08-11-2004, 10:45 PM
So I guess just about everyone I care about in the Swamp is going to be having a Halo 2 online extravaganza via Xbox Live when Halo 2 comes out?

If so, count me in.

I've decided to screw upgrading my computer, since it does and it will run fine anyway, and get a Xbox.

Curt-Man
08-11-2004, 11:11 PM
NO MORE PISTOLS!! i loveded the pistol *crys*.
good boy legame, xbox is the way to go!:thumbsup:

Doomie
08-12-2004, 09:10 AM
They didn't merge pistol and assault rifle, they upgraded assault rifle to battle rifle. Wich features Auto and Semi-auto fire and a scope.

Thoguh i'm not sure about auto. But anyway, the pistol was a very favorite weapon, i'm sure they'll keep it. Every army needs pistols nowadays...

ckcsaber
08-12-2004, 09:24 AM
My ultimate dual wielding combo has to be the smg and the plasma pistol.

Hit the enemy with a full on plasma shot, then finish off their shield depleted bodies with the handy smg.

legameboy
08-12-2004, 09:31 AM
So who all here will be playing it on Live when it comes out?

PR-0927
08-12-2004, 11:12 AM
I won't, I don't have Live, and my parents would never let me get it. Plus, my dad and I were going to do the software "hack/mod" thing for the XBOX.

Kain
08-12-2004, 12:22 PM
They didn't merge pistol and assault rifle, they upgraded assault rifle to battle rifle. Wich features Auto and Semi-auto fire and a scope.

Thoguh i'm not sure about auto. But anyway, the pistol was a very favorite weapon, i'm sure they'll keep it. Every army needs pistols nowadays...

No they merged em. The assault rifle has a 3-fire burst mode and when you zoom it has a single shot mode.

I don't think the game designers care what weapons was whos favorite. Atleast this way the rifle'll get used.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

ET Warrior
08-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Plus, my dad and I were going to do the software "hack/mod" thing for the XBOX.

Any point or purpose in mind? The only reason I can see to modding an Xbox would be so you could download ROM's illegally onto it, :tsk:

PR-0927
08-12-2004, 02:33 PM
No, not that. I guess my dad just wanted Linux on the XBOX!! Internet surfing on it too, with a keyboard and a mouse, as it is a PC.

And Kain, I think it was the Sniper Rifle and the Assault Rifle merged...the battle Rifle. I read that in my friend's OXM.

They shouldn't take out the Pistol, maybe just nerf it a bit. The books have the Pistol, so they need it!!

ET Warrior
08-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Well your friends OXM lied.....because you can see it in action in the trailers, and it's DEFFINATELY combined assault rifle pistol combo.

And....why not just use your PC for all that stuff, and save the Xbox for being an Xbox? It all seems rather pointless.

ckcsaber
08-12-2004, 02:41 PM
A German Magazine called XBox Zone will have a Hands-On of the Halo 2 Beta in it.

Here is a Summary of the new Infos:

New Maps:

Midship - A Covenant Cruiser.
Ivory Tower - The Top of a giant Skyscraper.
Waterworks - The Stalagnites on the screenshots are destroyable, they can even destroy a Tank if they fall down.

New Weapons:

Covenant Carbine - A Covenant Battle Rifle.
Covenant Energy Sniper Rifle - As the name says.
Brute Shot - A mortar that fires 4 grenades that explode on the second impact.
Pistol - You can use 2 at the same time, thats the only info on this weapon.

Vehicles:

Banshee - The Banshee can do "Loopings" and it can spin around if you hold down A + Directional Buttons. A Banshee can be boarded while it is flying.
Tank - The tank has a new control layout.
Boarding - Only Brutes and Elites can board vehicles, the Grunts an Jackals don't are intelligent enough to do it.

Controls:

The white button is a Team Speak button now, the flashlight is no more. The Directional Pad can be used for Tricks in combination with the A button.

XBL:

- There will be a ranking system.
- There will be DLC, including new maps and "more".
- There will be a Feature called "Virtual Couch", you can play with a buddy and if he leaves the server you will automatically follow him.
- There will be Sword Only gametypes that are really cool.

Thats all for now.

Link (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=463353)

Doomie
08-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Hah, i knew it! And besides, Kain, if there is a developer that would listen to it's fans, it would be Bungie!

I also like the new Banshee feats, and being able to board that too...

Only i read there were going to be stealth parts in Halo 2, in wich you gotta stay in the dark and stuff. How do we see there without a flashlight?

PR-0927
08-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Also, I heard that the Scorpion Tank is supposed to be re-modeled and re-skinned.

ET Warrior, your guess is as good as mine. It gave me an excuse to get an XBOX...but, my dad and I have been too lazy to do it...and busy as well.

Kain
08-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Hah, i knew it! And besides, Kain, if there is a developer that would listen to it's fans, it would be Bungie!

Watch the E3 playing of Halo2. You'll see what I'm talking about. Besides, I don't trust websites that aren't official. Get the quote from Bungie then I'll believe there are pistols.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

ckcsaber
08-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Bungie hasn't confirmed it. If they did, I would have posted it.

I prefer a little speculation. And I think it's entireley plausible for Bungie to put the pistol back in. Of course I hope they tone it down, making it an average weapon instead of the fearsome beast it became in the original.

Besides, all the good info comes from German mags none of us have heard of.

Curt-Man
08-12-2004, 03:40 PM
the whole boarding thing seems so cool, you can kick out some dumb ass banshee moron*, then own him while he's falling, sweet...

*I don't like the word you had in there ~ET

Sorry ~Curt-Man

legameboy
08-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Awesome.

Doomie
08-13-2004, 06:32 AM
I wonder how we're gonna board a Banshee. I mean, warthogs adn Ghosts seem clear to me: You jump on and kick them out, it's an opn cockpit. But the banshee's, you'd first need to get them to the ground (though in MP, there are guys that try and run you over with it) but how do you kick them out?

Sam
08-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Free fall from a tower thing or a cliff and landing on it in mid air.

Once you get on it you probably crawl your way to the back and drag the pilots out by his feet.

Lynk Former
08-13-2004, 08:33 AM
I was watchin the Microsoft demo of Halo 2 the other day at EB and there were a few people crowding around the TV to view it. Anywayz, they were showing how the upgraded effects to the warthogs... (is that what they're called? I haven't played Halo XD) anywayz, the demo dudes playfully beeped its horn and this one guy from the crowd (in EB) goes...

"FULLY SICK MAN, IT'S GOT A HORN!!"

XD I laughed my ass off at the guy.

Doomie
08-15-2004, 05:21 PM
As i was saying when LF was down (Damn it):

That's because the horn's a new function for the WArthog in Halo 2. Though his reaction was very exegurated (SP? I know that's totally spelled wrong)

Anyway, it's mostly people on foot trying to get a ride in stead of drivers wanting a gunner, so it won't be that useful...

Mex
08-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
I was watchin the Microsoft demo of Halo 2 the other day at EB and there were a few people crowding around the TV to view it. Anywayz, they were showing how the upgraded effects to the warthogs... (is that what they're called? I haven't played Halo XD) anywayz, the demo dudes playfully beeped its horn and this one guy from the crowd (in EB) goes...

"FULLY SICK MAN, IT'S GOT A HORN!!"

XD I laughed my ass off at the guy.

We all would have! XD

Anyways, what the heck is a horn going to be used for? Telling people to move out the way? Don't you want to run them other? O_o

Anthony
08-15-2004, 06:17 PM
Telling teammates to get in. uh.. yeah..thats it.

Hey, it works in UT2004 when people don't have a mic.

jokemaster
08-15-2004, 07:45 PM
We all would have! XD

Anyways, what the heck is a horn going to be used for? Telling people to move out the way? Don't you want to run them other? O_o
Wow, i can read your av's lips

Mex
08-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
Telling teammates to get in. uh.. yeah..thats it.

Hey, it works in UT2004 when people don't have a mic.

Don't see the point of that when you can scream and shout down the microphone. :D

Yeah, it's amazing isn't it joke?

Doomie
08-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Don't see the point of that when you can scream and shout down the microphone.

That's the point. They don't.

And about the lip-reading, isn't that the 'Po-ta-toes' scene?

jokemaster
08-16-2004, 01:11 PM
That's the point. They don't.

And about the lip-reading, isn't that the 'Po-ta-toes' scene?
it is

gorganfloss
08-16-2004, 03:46 PM
*orgasminates*
God, I can't wait to try out the new assault rifle in Halo 2. Scopes are fun!

Doomie
08-16-2004, 04:00 PM
It's a battle rifle now by the way. [/Picky]

Curt-Man
08-16-2004, 11:53 PM
you know what ryhms wiht picky? dicky! hee hee, dicky, its such a funny word, say it outloud to yourself...i mean yeah talk about that rifle man, ssaawweeet.

Mex
08-17-2004, 09:06 PM
What are you lot gonna say when you kill your friend? I'm gonna say "TAKE IT!!!" In a really nerdy voice.

ckcsaber
08-19-2004, 02:44 PM
http://bungie.net/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/BrigadeDamaged-1024.jpg

Mex
08-19-2004, 04:49 PM
I got my av from that! And my wallpaper. ;)

Darth Groovy
08-20-2004, 01:09 AM
I got my av from that! And my wallpaper. ;)

Mine too, check it:

Doomie
08-20-2004, 04:58 AM
Hubba hubba...

Where do i get it?

Darth Groovy
08-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Hubba hubba...

Where do i get it?

Bungie.net

Chewbacco
08-20-2004, 05:24 PM
It acts as a very nice wallpaper.
It looks very good.

Chew Mein

TiE23
08-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Look at all of the bullet holes he has.... Those marines sure have bad aim or they are near-sited. :D

TiE

Darth Groovy
08-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Look at all of the bullet holes he has.... Those marines sure have bad aim or they are near-sited. :D

TiE

I'm pretty sure the Covenant probably did that, not the marines.

jokemaster
08-20-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure the Covenant probably did that, not the marines.
Why did the covenant use projectile weapons instead of plasma ones? I'd say it's supposed to be from Multiplayer.

leXX
08-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Guys, it's just concept art. It's not an ingame shot. It was done by a female member of the team who left Bungie, and she did that wallpaper as a leaving present.

Please Note : In case you didn't read it above - this is a purely fictional creation, done for fun for our fans. This has NOTHING to do with Halo or Halo 2. This is not a picture from Halo the movie, it's not a screenshot from Halo 2, there is no desert camo in the game... this is purely a work of art inspired by Halo and the feedback of our fans. But you gotta admit.. this is totally badass! (it's in the Halo 2 wallpaper gallery because it does use the underlying 3d model of MC from Halo 2, that's all)

Read about it here (http://www.bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=0F506005-F9DC-4B74-8843-3A7A82168861).

jokemaster
08-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah, but it's bullet holes instead of plasma burns cause an armor full of holes and the guy in it still standing looks cool. Shame the woman left Bungie, apparently whe was good.

Darth Groovy
08-21-2004, 02:55 AM
Guys, it's just concept art. It's not an ingame shot. It was done by a female member of the team who left Bungie, and she did that wallpaper as a leaving present.

Read about it here (http://www.bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=0F506005-F9DC-4B74-8843-3A7A82168861).

I'm a guy! That means I have no patience, I don't read instruction manuals, I never ask for directions and I don't read anything ever! I press buttons....that's it! :p

JK, thanks for the info.;)

Curt-Man
08-21-2004, 03:08 PM
man... master chief has to be the coolest, most bad-ass mofo game character there is out there.

Chewbacco
08-21-2004, 04:41 PM
man... master chief has to be the coolest, most bad-ass mofo game character there is out there. If you read the Halo books you will find out more about Master Chief than the game showed it is very interesting. It will say his real name instead of everyone calling him Chief or Master Chief.
Suggested that you read it. It is called Halo, The Flood.

Doomie
08-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Yes, i heard his name was John-117 or something. At least, that was his codename. I also read that without his suit, he should be able to run as fast as a warthog, uphill...

By the way, if you look up John 1-17 in the bible, i heard there's a character description of the chief... But i got this from a site where they're investigating everything Halo. And i mean Everything. They seek something behind it all, and they succeed pretty well...

PR-0927
08-21-2004, 05:41 PM

Word, I read that.

Gah!! Your words torture my mind, you, you, you...mindless people of LF. His name is: John. His codename is SPARTAN-117. They call him Master Chief SPARTAN-117. And, read all three of the books. Not just the one during the game. I'm on the third one right now.

There were many Spatans, most were KIA, some are MIA.

Chewbacco
08-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Yes, but it was the one who first said his name.

It is like the world becoming a communist world he was taken from his parents when he was very young and was replaced by an identical clone while he was being chemically enhanced with strength, agility, and better vision. Which made the Spartans were the only human enemies that the covanant seemed afraid of. And he is the last one, the last hope of the human race on the Covanant's Holy war with the humans of Earth.

BongoBob
08-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Grooves, where did you get the halo desktop icons and winamp skin. I'm having no luck finding them :confused:

TiE23
08-22-2004, 02:26 AM
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=105696
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=5296
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=83499

TiE

Darth Groovy
08-22-2004, 02:54 AM
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=105696
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=5296
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=83499

TiE

Whoa, I like that first one even better! :eek:

Ok, I bought all three Halo books, but which is the proper order to read them in, or does it even matter? :confused:

leXX
08-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Chewbacco
Yes, but it was the one who first said his name.

It is like the world becoming a communist world he was taken from his parents when he was very young and was replaced by an identical clone while he was being chemically enhanced with strength, agility, and better vision. Which made the Spartans were the only human enemies that the covanant seemed afraid of. And he is the last one, the last hope of the human race on the Covanant's Holy war with the humans of Earth.

Not true. He isn't the last Spartan left. Read First Strike, which covers the story between Halo 1 & 2 and you will see.

I personally can't wait to see what happens to my favourite Spartan (apart from John of course) Kelly SPARTAN-087. At the end of the book, she was taken on a secret mission. I believe the secret mission has a very important role in the story of Halo 2.

Ok, I bought all three Halo books, but which is the proper order to read them in, or does it even matter?

You should definately read them in order...

The Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike

:)

leXX
08-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
Grooves, where did you get the halo desktop icons and winamp skin. I'm having no luck finding them :confused:

Here are some Halo icons I have lying around. They aren't the same as Grooves ones though.

jokemaster
08-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Whoa, I like that first one even better! :eek:

Ok, I bought all three Halo books, but which is the proper order to read them in, or does it even matter? :confused: Well, it's easy, first you read the first one, then the second one, then the third one.:p

Anyway, I don't think halo has a strong story without the books, it's a good story, don't get me wrong, but the books are really what flesh it out, I mean the marines, the covenant, Capt. Keyes, are all awesome characters in the book, but in the game they're just set pieces.

Darth Groovy
08-22-2004, 04:02 PM

Thanks leXX! ;)

BongoBob, pm me, and I'll send you a whole folder worth of Halo stuff I found on the net. ;)

PR-0927
08-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Anyway, I don't think halo has a strong story without the books, it's a good story, don't get me wrong, but the books are really what flesh it out, I mean the marines, the covenant, Capt. Keyes, are all awesome characters in the book, but in the game they're just set pieces.

I should shoot you for saying that. The Halo books are tied for my favorite series.

TiE23
08-22-2004, 10:52 PM
I should shoot you for saying that. The Halo books are tied for my favorite series.

:fett: Whats your other favorite series?

TiE

jokemaster
08-22-2004, 11:05 PM

Why shoot me? I said the books were cool.

TiE23
08-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Why shoot me? I said the books were cool. Yah, they are cool, and its fun shooting you. :D

TiE

jokemaster
08-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Yah, they are cool, and its fun shooting you. :D

TiE
.....WELL IT'S NOT FUN GETTING SHOT YOU BASTARD! Jeez, I thought being able to survive getting shot would be cool but you guys have really taken it like I was a freakin' machine.

TiE23
08-22-2004, 11:44 PM
.....WELL IT'S NOT FUN GETTING SHOT YOU BASTARD! Jeez, I thought being able to survive getting shot would be cool but you guys have really taken it like I was a freakin' machine. What, are you saying you have been shot? :confused:

TiE

jokemaster
08-23-2004, 12:04 AM
What, are you saying you have been shot? :confused:

TiE
Yeah, through the eye, that's why I have a glass eye.

True story actually.

Darth Groovy
08-23-2004, 05:11 AM

Gah, i'm ashamed to have to do this, but there is no way to get ahold of you without spamming.

1. Your pm inbox is full. Clean out both in. and out folders to recieve messages

2. Your email is dissabled in your profile page.

3. I have added you to my buddy list on AIM, but until you log in, I cannot transfer the files.

4. The file is too big for email, but I don't have that either.

:(

PR-0927
08-23-2004, 02:56 PM

True story actually.

If you're telling the truth...oops...

Oh, and sorry, I was trying to respond to anyone who said that the books suck. I guess I misread your post, sorry.

My favorite series...I shouldn't say it, as ET Warrior, and a whole bunch of other people will start a flame war for saying it...

Doomie
08-23-2004, 03:54 PM

True story actually.

WTF... Someone shot you trough the eye? :eek:

jokemaster
08-23-2004, 07:24 PM
WTF... Someone shot you trough the eye? :eek:
Nah, I've had a glass eye ever since I was a kid and it got shot while we were playing paintball. I looked like hell.

Kain
08-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Glass eyes are half as cool as colored contacts.

Thats sucks though...you loosing an eye and all...

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Acrylic
08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
I forgot to post this a couple days ago, but I reserved Halo 2 : Limited Edition at Gamestop. I'll have to wait a week though, because of the limited quantities. But, I'll still come into the store.

Kain
08-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Whats the difference between Limited Edition and regular?

Expand your Imagi-Nation

jokemaster
08-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Whats the difference between Limited Edition and regular?

Expand your Imagi-Nation
It's for suckers who want to pay 20 extra bucks for the game.....

what?

Acrylic
08-24-2004, 02:36 PM
It's for suckers who want to pay 20 extra bucks for the game.....

what?

Do your research. Its only $5 more. It comes in a tin case and it comes with an extra DVD of making of, extra features, and everything.

Anthony
08-24-2004, 02:40 PM
I just pre-ordered Halo 2

jokemaster
08-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Do your research. Its only $5 more. It comes in a tin case and it comes with an extra DVD of making of, extra features, and everything.
I'm joooooooooking!
Anyway, I think i'll buy the normal edition if it just comes in a tin case and a making of.

Acrylic
08-24-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm joooooooooking!
Anyway, I think i'll buy the normal edition if it just comes in a tin case and a making of.

Well, I'll get you the page from gamestop.com:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210577

Also, this is from the site (for the lazy people):

* Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition Features:
- Collectible Tin Box
- Behind the Scenes Video: the Making of Halo 2
- Making the Game: Six Video Featurette
- Visualizing the Story (Concept Art, Early Level Design, From Script to Game, Narrated Storyboards, Character Tests)
- Bonus Materials (Trailers from Halo 1 and 2, Cut Scenes, Commentaries, Inside Bungie, A Bungie History, Before Halo, The Making of Halo 1, Gameographies)

Worth the extra $5 for me. I'm especially interested in the "Before Halo", "Early Level Design", and the making of the game. And the tin case is kick ass! :p

Doomie
08-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Before Halo and the Cut Scenes sound interesting...

Back in 1998, Halo was the first RTS with Ragdoll physics. And at some point in the game, you could ride native dinosaur like creatures around Halo. Halo also used to be very damaged, with pieces missing from it and stuff... It's amazing how much it's changed since the beginning...

ckcsaber
08-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Before Halo and the Cut Scenes sound interesting...

Back in 1998, Halo was the first RTS with Ragdoll physics. And at some point in the game, you could ride native dinosaur like creatures around Halo. Halo also used to be very damaged, with pieces missing from it and stuff... It's amazing how much it's changed since the beginning...

Yeah, it's changed.

link (http://www.bungie.org/evolutionlargemirrors/)

jokemaster
08-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting, but cutscenes? What's that like the cutscenes from the first game or somethin?

Doomie
08-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Nonono, not the Cutscenes, but the scenes that were cut. I think.

TiE23
08-24-2004, 03:56 PM
heh, I'm so glad I got the Limited Edition :D

TiE

jokemaster
08-24-2004, 04:15 PM
I might get it after all...

ET Warrior
08-24-2004, 05:00 PM

That's because it's a VIDEO GAME. As far as video games go Halo has a pretty motivating story, sure there aren't any SUPAR OMG WTF twists, but overall it takes you on a pretty good ride. Of course the books will be better, and decently written book can tear circles around a well done MOVIE as far as story goes, and absolutely DECIMATES a video games story. :dozey:

I have Halo 2 Limited Edition reserved, I should be getting it at the midnight opening on November 9th :cool:

The thing that sucks is that I reserved it at a store that is an hour drive away from where i'm living, and I have 8 am class on the 9th :(

PR-0927
08-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I just reserved a copy of the Halo 2 : Limited Collectors Edition over at Best Buy, then I reserved a copy of Star Wars: Battlefront for PC at GameStop.

TiE23
08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Im gonna make my mom get it for me when Im at skool, or just go after class to Gamestop.

TiE

Acrylic
08-24-2004, 07:45 PM
I wouldnt have originally pre-ordered the game, but since this is a LIMITED EDITION, I figured I would preorder it.

And I'm glad I did.

Kain
08-25-2004, 01:03 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHATS HAPPENING!! But my Halo 1337 skills are leaving me! Maybe its anticipation?

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Chewbacco
08-25-2004, 03:19 AM
heh, I'm so glad I got the Limited Edition :D

TiE Um... excuse me but I got the Limited Edition Thankyou very much. And it was my money that I paid with not yours.:p

ckcsaber
08-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Today is the day the ilovebees website has been counting down to.

The site has given out coordinates all across the USA, where payphones will ring at a certain time, where a password must be given by the person who picks up the phone.

Fans are going crazy. Speculation on an early release and a demo are rampant.

Beware people. The end has come.

If you're still confused, read this (http://bees.netninja.com/blog/) for a better explanation.

Doomie
08-25-2004, 12:55 PM
cool... That's all there's to say about that. Too abd it's only USA...

KBell
08-25-2004, 01:42 PM
http://ilovebees.com/links.html

indeed..........

PR-0927
08-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Hahahaha!! There isn't going to be a demo until after Halo 2 is released. I read that at www.bungie.com.

Curt-Man
08-25-2004, 03:26 PM
i hope i can convince my brother to pre-order halo2: limited edition, i mean i would, but i'm using my money to buy KotoR2 :D

Darth Groovy
08-25-2004, 05:25 PM
I preorded the limited edition, because I always wanted a limited edition of something. I wanted the limited edition of UT2K4, but I waited too long.

Besides, as if you can't tell from my av/sig combo.....Halo is my favorite game ever at this point.

KBell
08-25-2004, 07:04 PM
I might preorder Halo2 for its spiffy tin case.

And like Groovy, I was too late with UT2k4, so I don't have anything special addition.

I do have the Halo special edition XBox though :p

Acrylic
08-25-2004, 07:18 PM
I still don't understand the ilovebees thing. Whatever.

KBell
08-25-2004, 07:23 PM
You're not supposed to understand it.

That's the point, it's pure randomness.

ckcsaber
08-26-2004, 09:43 AM
You're not supposed to understand it.

That's the point, it's pure randomness.

I dunno.....

So far we (the insane Halo fans) have gotten most of the axons "hot", meaning the phones have been answered with the correct response. Hopefully today we'll finish the rest up and peice together the .wav files that have been going up with each 2 axons going hot.

Darth Groovy
08-27-2004, 02:21 AM
I still don't understand the ilovebees thing. Whatever.

I quote Chuck D from Public Enemy: "Don't believe the hype!"

ckcsaber
08-27-2004, 10:22 AM
link (http://halo.bungie.org/misc/mlg4v4footagemirrors.html)

New gameplay trailer of Halo 2 multiplayer.

18 minutes long folks.

Acrylic
08-27-2004, 12:22 PM
link (http://halo.bungie.org/misc/mlg4v4footagemirrors.html)

New gameplay trailer of Halo 2 multiplayer.

18 minutes long folks.

OH. EM. EFF. GEE.

I MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jokemaster
08-27-2004, 01:24 PM
I quote Chuck D from Public Enemy: "Don't believe the hype!" That's what I do with every game, even Half life 2, DNF, and Doom 3. Heck, even fable.

Acrylic
08-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Well, I jsut watched it. It seems like a really fun multiplayer. Halo multiplayer is fun, Im sure this'll be double it.

(PS : The person playing the game gets killed MANY MANY MANY times. Which means he sucks)

Kain
08-27-2004, 02:07 PM
(PS : The person playing the game gets killed MANY MANY MANY times. Which means he sucks)

I was gonna say the EXACT same thing. Cept, I didn't watch the whole thing for 2 reasons:
1: The guy sucked, and its boring watching a corpse.
2: I don't like being teased. Makes me violent.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

ckcsaber
08-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah, he sucks.

But he did pull of that insane Ghost hijack.

Now that was just sweet.

PR-0927
08-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah, he sucks.

But he did pull of that insane Ghost hijack.

Now that was just sweet.

Yeah, but then he died. That dude sucked. I could've killed everyone there easily.

Acrylic
08-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Oh, I'd be pwning eeryone so badly. I'm actually really good at Halo. I'm really surprised at that, cuz I've started playing it again a couple days ago after not playing it for 3 months.

PR-0927
08-27-2004, 07:48 PM
No, I'd PWN everyone. I play 400 shields and no shields, nothing else. The 400 shields help in offense, no shields help in defense (greatly). And, I have been playing this game for over a year now. Everyone thinks that they are good, a bit after just playing it. They end up being PWNED and not being able to get a kill on me. That seems like your case.

Acrylic
08-27-2004, 08:01 PM
My favorite is slayer pro on blood gulch. I play with the normal everything. Assault rifle, and pistol, and 4 grenades. Thats good enough for me.

PR-0927
08-27-2004, 08:25 PM
My favorite is Majin Slayer or Majin Suicide (custom obviously).

Majin Slayer- 400 shields, all weapons, infinite grenades, all vehicles, all radar/motion tracker, 5-second suicide penalty, infinite lives, 25 frags.

Majin Suicide- No shields, all weapons, infinite grenades, all vehicles, no radar/motion tracker, 5-second suicide penalty, infinite lives, 25 frags.

I like to play on Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, or Hang 'em High. Hang 'em High is my favorite.

ET Warrior
08-27-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm very underimpressed by anyone who plays with anything other than default shields and ESPECIALLY people who play with infinite grenades. :dozey:

Curt-Man
08-27-2004, 09:09 PM
umm, how do i download it, why can't sites be to the point, like have a link that says download here, or something, call me a noob if it is nessasary.

ET Warrior
08-27-2004, 09:20 PM
n00b (http://www.edgefiles.com/file.x?id=/sector7-halo.com/www/MLG-Seattle-Halo2.zip) :p

:D

Treacherous Mercenary
08-27-2004, 11:01 PM
November 9..... Can't wait! Now to get money for live.. http://www.echonetwork.net/vb/images/smilies/shifty.gif

Darth Groovy
08-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Well, I jsut watched it. It seems like a really fun multiplayer. Halo multiplayer is fun, Im sure this'll be double it.

Which makes me feel better, because I am better than THAT guy is at such games.

Unfortunately I have not had the unique pleasure of playing Halo on Multiplayer, let alone Halo 2.

My online games as of now are Call of Duty, which I am not great at, but getting better.... UT2K4, not great, but not terrible. Then there is JA which I have good days and bad days, and then there is AVP2 which I am just terrible at....

TiE23
08-28-2004, 01:29 AM
I have this one mode called Eminem (Couldn't think of anthing)
No Shields
50% Health
Inf. Grenades
Custom Weapons on Rat Race (Assault Rifles)
25 Kills
:D
It becomes a short lived war.

TiE

Doomie
08-28-2004, 04:57 AM
I work well in teams, but as always, i can't operate if my team is n00bness reincarnated. I will be easily pwned in FFA, but if only part of my team has some experience, we'll do very well...

PR-0927
08-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure what 50% health means with no shields, isn't that for shields...?

Oh, and in that video, anyone notice that it was shields only? Maybe this is a new option for Halo 2? Or, maybe that is an old HUD for Halo 2. I noticed the new friend indicators, and this is what I got: yellow is for when they are attacking, red is for when they are being attacked, and an "X" is for when they are dead. Normal is when they are none of the above.

Also, when you double-wield, it gives you the crosshair from the gun on the right. The guns now actually can lay against a wall, rather than always be flat on the ground. The Sniper Rifle has a zoom of 5x and then 10x. The Battle Rifle has no numbers whn zoomed, so I assume it is 2x.

The Plasma Rifle looks realistic, and the plasma weapo ns have new sounds. The Ghost doesn't have that annoying whine to it, when it is on. The Warthog sounds clearer and better now as well. You can also see your feet if you look down. The armor has green and pink plates on certain areas as well.

The one other thing I noticed was that...this dude sucked!!

Curt-Man
08-28-2004, 03:15 PM
i hate internet explorer....doesn't even open the download page, i hate it, whatever,still what ive heard, sounds liek me and my bro will have endless amountes of fun when we get it.

me and my brohter(he is older) play some much on halo, we love it, we have played at least 300 multiplayer games, ive won like 5 times, he has won the rest, its pitiful, but i kcik his butt in more than 3 player game.

PR-0927
08-28-2004, 03:30 PM
LOL, get Mozilla Firefox, it is the fastest, and tab-browsing!!

Mex
08-28-2004, 03:59 PM
That guy is crap. If everyone at that tournament was as bad as him, I would win without a single death.

Anyways, that video was great but the graphics were not as I expected. I thought that they would be much better but these are kind of a disappointment. But oh well. ;)

PR-0927
08-28-2004, 04:43 PM
It's still beta. The graphics have gotten way better.

Mex
08-28-2004, 04:54 PM
I could see they don't have ragdoll psyics (I can't spell that correctly, sorry.) I don't see why they haven't but them in. It would be a shame to see such a great game let down by heads going through walls and the like.

Oh and did anyone notice that Sleepy guy? He was really good, he owned the guy who was recording!

Darth Groovy
08-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Well I saw enough video to know that I will waste countless hours playing that game on live with a bunch of lunatics! :D

Curt-Man
08-29-2004, 12:00 AM
i like the craziness of an online play of halo(i have halo for both pc and xbox) but i love the joy and intensity of a 1 on 1 combat. i hope to get live when halo2 comes out because i can't stand using keyboard and mouse for online play.

TiE23
08-29-2004, 12:43 AM
XBOX connect is a great alternative to Live, you should try XBC first to see if you can use it alot, If you don't use it much, maybe you shouldn't get XBOX Live.
I can't wait for Halo 2 anymore! :D

Oh yah... 2000 POSTS! :D
WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

TiE

Chewbacco
08-29-2004, 02:04 AM
Our local gamestop store called us about two days ago and said that Bungie canceled the special edition statedegy guide or something and told us that we can get the regular version or go to the store and get a refund.

Darth Groovy
08-29-2004, 09:45 AM
XBOX connect is a great alternative to Live, you should try XBC first to see if you can use it alot, If you don't use it much, maybe you shouldn't get XBOX Live.
I can't wait for Halo 2 anymore! :D

Oh yah... 2000 POSTS! :D
WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

TiE

Whats so great about XBC? How is it with the lag?

I was playing RS3 the other day, and was getting some nasty lag, not sure if it was me, or not. I suck so bad at that game, that I didn't continue much after that.

Mex
08-29-2004, 10:32 AM

I was playing RS3 the other day, and was getting some nasty lag, not sure if it was me, or not. I suck so bad at that game, that I didn't continue much after that.

Thats some idiot with a 128k connection trying to host, not you. Keep on practicing, I've only played the demo but I'm sure you'll improve.

Oh and did anyone notice the pistol anywhere? That was my favorite weapon, but I guess now my favorite will be the SMG.

Chewbacco
08-29-2004, 01:27 PM

I was playing RS3 the other day, and was getting some nasty lag, not sure if it was me, or not. I suck so bad at that game, that I didn't continue much after that. TiE and I didn't get that much lag when we played XBC, there were some lag but it wasn't consistent. I could've been the guy who you were playing with. Who knows.
We kick butt at Halo multiplayer!:D

Darth Groovy
08-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Chewbacco
TiE and I didn't get that much lag when we played XBC, there were some lag but it wasn't consistent. I could've been the guy who you were playing with. Who knows.
We kick butt at Halo multiplayer!:D

Yeah but Halo on XBOX doesn't have online MP. Are you talking about the PC game?! You got me all confused now. :confused:

ET Warrior
08-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah but Halo on XBOX doesn't have online MP. Are you talking about the PC game?! You got me all confused now. :confused:

He's talking about playing online with XBConnect.

Mex
08-30-2004, 03:45 AM
Near the release date of Halo I'm going to create a meet-up thread. There we can arrange when and where we will meet up to have a game of Halo 2.

Doomie
08-30-2004, 03:59 AM
That's a good idea. Er, at least if they're gonna make it for pc, and if that one's gonna get released around the same time, and if other people here will get it for pc aswell...

ckcsaber
08-30-2004, 05:24 AM
Just an update to anyone who cares about this I love bees stuff.

The mystery has supposedly been solved. The .wav files on ilovebees.com are supposed to be listened to in a certain order, adding to the plot of Halo 2.

People think that these .wav files are describing earth before the Covenant invasion.

That's it. No demo, no early release, no nothing.

It was fun while it lasted. Sure, maybe Bungie played off insane fans desire to play this game. But it was damn fun trying to figure this crap out when August 25th rolled around.

Darth Groovy
08-30-2004, 09:47 AM
He's talking about playing online with XBConnect.

I WANT Halo for pc just so I can play online with other people, however my graphics card is not quite good enough for Halo. For as much money as I would have to spend on a better one, i'd rather just wait for Halo 2 to come out instead.

ckcsaber
09-09-2004, 12:01 PM
This (http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5272/HALO_Holy_Combat.jpg) definitely deserves recognition. It may be off by 4 years, but it's still great.

Regarding Halo, it seems as if the Pistol from Halo: CE HAS been remodeled and tweaked. It's now going to be known as the Magnum, which will do less damage and have fewer bullets per clip (10 for a magnum, as opposed to 12 per the 'pistol') along with no zoom. It IS said to be dual-wieldable.

No more three shot pistol kills....

Here's a pic (http://webpages.charter.net/voltron64/halo%202%20beta%20pics/20040908135015reel.jpg) off a French website.

Here's a link (http://www.101spartan.com/site/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=35) to an english website containing more pic's from the french website, including one that boasts a new multi-player mode called "Head Hunter" in which you must "collect the heads of the fallen. The more you save, the more you score by bringing them to your home base."

Kain
09-09-2004, 12:36 PM
This (http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5272/HALO_Holy_Combat.jpg) definitely deserves recognition. It may be off by 4 years, but it's still great.

Regarding Halo, it seems as if the Pistol from Halo: CE HAS been remodeled and tweaked. It's now going to be known as the Magnum, which will do less damage and have fewer bullets per clip (10 for a magnum, as opposed to 12 per the 'pistol') along with no zoom. It IS said to be dual-wieldable.

No more three shot pistol kills....

Here's a pic (http://webpages.charter.net/voltron64/halo%202%20beta%20pics/20040908135015reel.jpg) off a French website.

Here's a link (http://www.101spartan.com/site/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=35) to an english website containing more pic's from the french website, including one that boasts a new multi-player mode called "Head Hunter" in which you must "collect the heads of the fallen. The more you save, the more you score by bringing them to your home base."

That first link is HILARIOUS!! But I'm sure you'll piss a few people off with it.

@pistol: GOOD!! ****in thing used to piss me off so much man! I seriously started to ****in hate it. Though I think the new model is a bit...lacking.

Mex
09-09-2004, 12:38 PM
It looks like a few squares stuck together. But I'm sure Bungie will make it transform.

Square : Lots of squares : Some circle bits :xp: : more detailed model : more detailed textures.

I can't wait for Halo 2, no more over powered pistol!

ckcsaber
09-09-2004, 04:14 PM
That first link is HILARIOUS!! But I'm sure you'll piss a few people off with it.

Meh. I try to find humour in everything. If you take your beliefs to seriously, you're just blinding yourself, although I think my Pastor may disagree.....

XD

Yeah, the Magnum looks a little non-descript, but I'm just glad it's been toned down. The pistol made the original Halo seem a bit unrealistic (if you can apply that term to a game) by being able to snipe people with a handgun half the map away.

BongoBob
09-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Plus, it's a beta build. I know for a fact that everything will look better. For example, if you bought Halo after E3 and it had the trailer of halo 2 e3 on it, watch it, then watch the little making of. It shows the end part where all the elites get dropped down ODST "HellJumper" style, and it's much much more detailed.

BTW:I bought Halo:The Flood Today. I read 100 pages in under half an hour. I love how it shows the game from the perspective of the helljumpers, Keyes, foehammer, and the covanent. That's friggin awsome :cool:

Darth Groovy
09-11-2004, 04:05 PM
I have all the books now, and almost beat the first game.

PR-0927
09-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, the pistol thing is sort of better. But, here is a spoiler:

In Halo: First Strike, they get new pistols...and Kelly dual weilds them. They have auto-zoom, and more firepower. Maybe, from that book to Halo 2, they downgraded it...I guess. As for the Battle Rifle, in the book it was called the Assault Rifle, as the Spartans weren't told the new name yet by Dr. Halsey.

Yeah, I saw all of those pictures, and even the new ones released yesterday and today. I can't wait to pilot the Wraith!! Go to the Bungie website, and click on the headline Halo 2 update, it has links, and the IGN one goes into organized detail!!

ckcsaber
10-11-2004, 06:33 AM
New trailer (http://www.icb2.com/OriginalReaper/halo2.WMV)

I gotta give my prop's to the dedicated Halo fan who went covert and brought us this trailer. It's not complete, but ANYTHING is good.

Doomie
10-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Oh. My. God.

Please let the rumor be true and let it also come out for pc please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please Are you looking for secret messages? please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please here's one please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

TiE23
10-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Doomie
Oh. My. God.

Please let the rumor be true and let it also come out for pc please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please Are you looking for secret messages? please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please here's one please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please QUIT WAITING AND GET A ****ING XBOX!!!

or just steal one, either way is fine.

TiE

jokemaster
10-11-2004, 02:58 PM
*Steals TiE's XBOX*
But still, I found the veichles MUCH easier to control on PC.

Treacherous Mercenary
10-11-2004, 03:01 PM
What would anyone say to people selling their Xbox? http://www.echonetwork.net/forums/images/smilies/shifty.gif

TiE23
10-11-2004, 03:23 PM
*Steals TiE's XBOX*
But still, I found the veichles MUCH easier to control on PC.
NO!! NOT MY ORANGE CHROME XBOX!!!

*shoots jokemasters kneecaps with a 9mm*
DIE!!!! :evil2:

TiE

BongoBob
10-11-2004, 04:34 PM
yes...protect your ugly xbox :xp:

Read if you've read first strike*

Does anyone here think that you will fight alongside any of the other spartans? And does anyone have any clue what was with Dr. Halsey taking Kelly. Any clue what this secret mission is or if we'll find out in halo 2?

jokemaster
10-11-2004, 04:42 PM
NO!! NOT MY ORANGE CHROME XBOX!!!

*shoots jokemasters kneecaps with a 9mm*
DIE!!!! :evil2:

TiE
That's why I wear kneepads

MWAHAHAHA
*Starts playing Chrome Xbox*
*repaints it green*

Treacherous Mercenary
10-11-2004, 05:06 PM
I got mine up for grabs if anyone wants it for $180 plus games, dvd remote, and HD pack. :p

Note: I'm joking, but actually may consider it too as I don't play it anymore.

Acrylic
10-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Treacherous Mercenary
I got mine up for grabs if anyone wants it for $180 plus games, dvd remote, and HD pack. :p

Note: I'm joking, but actually may consider it too as I don't play it anymore.

Traitor...

Treacherous Mercenary
10-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Traitor...

Quick cash for new PC parts, what can I say?

Xbox just doesn't keep me playing long and I love the MP aspect for PC gaming. :p Not to mention FPS controls better on keyboard and mouse for me, though Halo does well in Xbox.

Doomie
10-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Just watched the announce trailer again, at almost max volume... So cool...

Times like that, make me wish i had an X-box.

Master Chief > all...

Darth Groovy
10-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Quick cash for new PC parts, what can I say?

Xbox just doesn't keep me playing long and I love the MP aspect for PC gaming. :p Not to mention FPS controls better on keyboard and mouse for me, though Halo does well in Xbox.

I should drag you out into the street and bitch slap you.

You do realize you are one of about three gamertag buddies I have right? AND you were the first person I ever played a game on LIVE with. :(

Treacherous Mercenary
10-13-2004, 11:30 AM
I should drag you out into the street and bitch slap you.

You do realize you are one of about three gamertag buddies I have right? AND you were the first person I ever played a game on LIVE with. :(

Well it figures, Xbox live officially cancels on me over a week ago, but I don't quite have the games for Live anyways.

Note to everyone: I'm a back stabbing cockbite, but some know that already anyways. :p

Oh yeah, the main point of why I'm posting now. I just got my issue of EGM with several pages of Halo 2 goodness. Maybe I'll take pics later if anyone wants? ;)

jokemaster
10-13-2004, 01:55 PM
His name is Treacherous Merc, y'know.

BongoBob
10-13-2004, 05:08 PM
I just got my issue of EGM with several pages of Halo 2 goodness. Maybe I'll take pics later if anyone wants? ;)

I can't stress this enough...

YES!!!

Thank you :)

Treacherous Mercenary
10-16-2004, 08:14 AM
I'll get the screenies up a bit later....

And now for other news.....

I pre-ordered Halo 2 and got an Xbox live card http://forums.cncden.com/images/smilies/moosmilies/wired.gif

TiE23
10-17-2004, 11:00 AM
I'll get the screenies up a bit later....

And now for other news.....

I pre-ordered Halo 2 and got an Xbox live card http://forums.cncden.com/images/smilies/moosmilies/wired.gif *Spares Mecenaries life...... puts down gun*

TiE

Treacherous Mercenary
10-17-2004, 12:33 PM
*Spares Mecenaries life...... puts down gun*

Saving that gun for the battlefield TiE? Perhaps the day we fight eachother? ;) You know you are.

Darth Groovy
10-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Saving that gun for the battlefield TiE? Perhaps the day we fight eachother? ;) You know you are.

I expect you to be a regular when that game comes out. I will be trading in much need sleep for long hours playing Halo 2 on live. Prepare for the insomnia!

Also, hope you didn't change your gamertag, Treacherous Mercenary, if you did, pleas pm me? I am going to whore this game like there is no tomorrow. :p

Treacherous Mercenary
10-18-2004, 05:33 AM
Also, hope you didn't change your gamertag, Treacherous Mercenary, if you did, pleas pm me? I am going to whore this game like there is no tomorrow. :p

Me stick to one name Groovy? You're joking right? (TBA when I get my shipment)

Halo pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_16699.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1662.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1663.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1664.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1665.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1666.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1667.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1668.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1669.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1670.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/TreacherousMercenary/100_1671.jpg

The lighting and such is poor and I don't have a scanner at all.

ET Warrior
10-18-2004, 07:08 AM
I expect you to be a regular when that game comes out. I will be trading in much need sleep for long hours playing Halo 2 on live. Prepare for the insomnia!

I plan on playing so much Halo2 I'm honestly worried that my grades will suffer terribly, which is bad because they're already less than stellar this semester :(

Mex
10-18-2004, 07:43 AM
I plan on playing so much Halo2 I'm honestly worried that my grades will suffer terribly, which is bad because they're already less than stellar this semester :(

Same here. :indif: Halo 2 will turn me pale because I'll be inside so much. :xp:

TiE23
10-20-2004, 07:54 AM
AHHH!!!!

me.... too... *clutches history book and xbox controller*

TiE

Mex
10-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Spoilers alert..

Rumour has it that Blood Gulch is in Halo 2.

Edit: Don't visit the GameFaqs Halo 2 forums! There are threads there which reveal the whole storyline.

Treacherous Mercenary
10-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Edit: Don't visit the GameFaqs Halo 2 forums! There are threads there which reveal the whole storyline.

That just entices me to do so now. *goes on a search*

TiE23
10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
That just entices me to do so now. *goes on a search* *Joins*

TiE

TiE23
10-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Don't even high light!
you are ****ing warned, click, and you can never turn back Take the Green Pill (http://www.xboxrules.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3969.msg39735;topicseen)

TiE

Evil Dark Jedi
10-21-2004, 03:36 AM
Don't even high light!
you are ****ing warned, click, and you can never turn back Take the Green Pill (http://www.xboxrules.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3969.msg39735;topicseen)

TiE

Heh I shut it once I saw the top. Didnt even load up.

ckcsaber
10-21-2004, 05:41 AM

That's why I left those forums.

Curt-Man
10-21-2004, 06:21 AM
one of my brothers friends downloaded it on pc and beat it in 2 days, all he did for the 2 days was play halo 2, he ate like twice and didn't sleep. but i play to enjoy it and take my time, once i get it.

Mex
10-21-2004, 06:37 AM
Curt, may I please have your friends address? I would find it ever so funny to report him to piracy@microsoft.com :)

TiE23
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
You can get rewards I hear like, $1000 dollars. :)
Just give Pal your friends addresses

TiE

BongoBob
10-21-2004, 06:40 PM
I've been emailing them p2p programs and IPs for two days now.

And yes, give me that damn email adress, and even his real adress.

Mex
10-22-2004, 04:35 AM
I think I heard somewhere that theres a Halo 2 demo on the US version of OXM. Can anyone confirm this?

BongoBob
10-22-2004, 05:20 AM
just did a search and I got nothing, the closest thing to it I got was people talking about if there was one coming out on august 24.

:( damn

ckcsaber
10-22-2004, 05:29 AM
Bungie has said no demo will be realesed until Halo 2 has been released. That was 2 months ago though...

Mex
10-22-2004, 06:52 AM
On some other forums one guy said a list of demos. The thread was about Halo 2 and he said "ONE SUPER SECRET DEMO THAT YOU CAN'T MISS" so it just might be Halo 2. I also heard a magazine or something talking about a demo.

ET Warrior
10-22-2004, 07:08 AM
I think I heard somewhere that theres a Halo 2 demo on the US version of OXM. Can anyone confirm this?

The game comes out in less than three weeks, you've waited YEARS for this, I think 2.5 weeks won't kill you :xp:

Mex
10-22-2004, 07:15 AM
I know, I just wanted to know if there was a demo. :xp: I really gotta get my live working before November the 11th, I keep on getting "Cables not connected" error. :indif:

ET Warrior
10-22-2004, 07:22 AM
If you're getting the cables not connected then you probably have a faulty cable. :dozey:

That, or you don't have your cable plugged into both your Xbox AND the internet :xp:

Mex
10-22-2004, 07:28 AM
I've tried over 5+ different cables, and I do have it plugged in thank you very much. :xp: I'll ring my ISP up and yell at them, I bet they'll want me to pay extra or something.

Treacherous Mercenary
10-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Nov. 9th, I hope retail stores don't run out fast on those pre-orders! :eek: I may be working that day, so I can't pick it up until after 4 PM. Decided to pre-order retail instead of online.

Mex
10-22-2004, 09:26 AM
This is a good opportunity to tell eachother our gamertags so on the day of release we might bump into each other.

Mine is : Redria. Look out for me on November the 11th.