PDA

View Full Version : Force Pike Mod by Achilles is available for download


Achilles
08-09-2004, 03:21 AM
...from my website. Just look for the Weapons link from the homepage.

From the readme:

Force Pike by Achilles
________________________________

Item Properties
________________________________


*Force Pike*

<Leviathan, Bridge - Found on Saul's Corpse>

Feats Required: Weapon Proficiency - Melee Weapons

Damage: Physical, 1-6
Ion: +5 vs. Droid

Damage Bonus: +2-12 Electrical

Critical Threat: 19-20,x2 +2-12

On Hit: Paralyze 50% chance, 6 seconds, DC14

Thanks to technological advances made by Czerka Corporation, the Sith have been able to devise this terrible new weapon. Each component is designed to maximize damaging effects against flesh and metal.


________________________________

Creator's Notes
________________________________

This item was created at the request of MattColejk. Stingerhs' call to arms for
more non-jedi weapons helped me to remember a weapon that Matt had mentioned a
few weeks ago. One thing led to another and I decided to take on the project.

I've tried to create it as accurately as possible, working from some very loose
descriptions. I know that the model isn't an exact fit, but the next closest thing
would be a Gaffi stick (bleh).

________________________________

Files Modified
________________________________

g_w_qtrstaff04 - Force Pike

lev40_saulbridge.utc - Saul's Corpse

Darth_ToMeR
08-09-2004, 05:45 AM
God job.

Colma Adawin
08-09-2004, 08:16 AM
hehehehehehehehehehehehe :D:D:D

Thx Achillies, but i do have one problem, its a bit weak look here:

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw/g_pike.htm

this descirtion makes it seem a horriblely nasty peice of work and to have 1 - 6 as its damage is a bit ..... weak, BUT all in all i love the work 99% love it :p well done bud, keep up the good work, i'm going to keep an eye on your mods with gr8 interest :p

MattCole

Darth Dex
08-09-2004, 08:18 AM
Cool.

Jackel
08-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
hehehehehehehehehehehehe :D:D:D

Thx Achillies, but i do have one problem, its a bit weak look here:

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw/g_pike.htm

this descirtion makes it seem a horriblely nasty peice of work and to have 1 - 6 as its damage is a bit ..... weak, BUT all in all i love the work 99% love it :p well done bud, keep up the good work, i'm going to keep an eye on your mods with gr8 interest :p

MattCole
You have to remember it also has 2-12 eelctrical damage which means its 3-18 damage on a non critical strike , which isnt to bad actually its similar to what those Stun batons can do.

nacho35
08-09-2004, 09:57 AM
What is the +2-12 after the critical strike bonus? I don't think I have seen that before or just haven't noticed it.

Colma Adawin
08-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
You have to remember it also has 2-12 eelctrical damage which means its 3-18 damage on a non critical strike , which isnt to bad actually its similar to what those Stun batons can do.

True but Cassus Fetts Blasters do more damage, and thats when they havent been updated, BUT if you actually followed the decription it would be over-powered, hmmmmm, Ok Achillies and Jackel, you've convinced me :D:D:D

MattCole

Edit: Well Done Bud thats Bloody brill :D:D

Achilles
08-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
hehehehehehehehehehehehe :D:D:D

Thx Achillies, but i do have one problem, its a bit weak look here:

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw/g_pike.htm

this descirtion makes it seem a horriblely nasty peice of work and to have 1 - 6 as its damage is a bit ..... weak, BUT all in all i love the work 99% love it :p well done bud, keep up the good work, i'm going to keep an eye on your mods with gr8 interest :p

MattCole

Well I was about 50% through a flame when I noticed that Jackel set you straight :)

Achilles
08-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
What is the +2-12 after the critical strike bonus? I don't think I have seen that before or just haven't noticed it.

That's referred to at Massive Criticals. Opila crystal will allow you to apply these stats to a lightsaber, fyi.

In the critical threat line, the first two numbers indicate the threat range. 20-20 means that a roll of 20, and only a roll of 20, will result in a critical hit. The x2 means that the damage is doubled. The +2-12 means that the damage is quadupled or more, making critical hits....well, massive.

I hope this helps.

Achilles
08-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
True but Cassus Fetts Blasters do more damage, and thats when they havent been updated

Last time I checked, Fett's blaster was a one handed weapon. Since this is a two handed weapon, it's significantly more powerful than Cassus Fett's blaster...not to mention the fact that there's a 50% chance of paralyzing your opponent which means they just stand there and take a beating after you score a hit.

Please take the time to at least equip the weapon before you offer your commentary on its stats. I think the extra few minutes of your time would have helped to answer a lot of the concerns that you've raised.

Thanks.

Colma Adawin
08-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Last time I checked, Fett's blaster was a one handed weapon. Since this is a two handed weapon, it's significantly more powerful than Cassus Fett's blaster...not to mention the fact that there's a 50% chance of paralyzing your opponent which means they just stand there and take a beating after you score a hit.

Please take the time to at least equip the weapon before you offer your commentary on its stats. I think the extra few minutes of your time would have helped to answer a lot of the concerns that you've raised.

Thanks.

i didnt mean any offence when i posted, and i hope you didnt take any offence, im really sorry Achillies :( i hope you can forgive me :(:(:(:(

MattCole

Achilles
08-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
i didnt mean any offence when i posted, and i hope you didnt take any offence, im really sorry Achillies :( i hope you can forgive me :(:(:(:(

MattCole

I'm not bent. Just thought it was a little short-sighted to start critiquing a mod that you obviously had not tried out yet. To take it a step further, it seemed like you read the first line of stats and immediately passed judgement (either that or you truely didn't realize that the damage bonuses affected stats, in which case it's understandable).

Hope that clarifies :)

Colma Adawin
08-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
I'm not bent. Just thought it was a little short-sighted to start critiquing a mod that you obviously had not tried out yet. To take it a step further, it seemed like you read the first line of stats and immediately passed judgement (either that or you truely didn't realize that the damage bonuses affected stats, in which case it's understandable).

Hope that clarifies :)

thats good to know your not offended, and your right, i did just glance at the stats, and that was my fault, and im sorry for not trying it first.

again, sorry

MattCole

Achilles
08-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
thats good to know your not offended, and your right, i did just glance at the stats, and that was my fault, and im sorry for not trying it first.

again, sorry

MattCole

No worries. I'm sure you won't do it again :D

svösh
08-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Great stuff Achillies new mods make the game fun all over again

svösh

Achilles
08-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by svösh
Great stuff Achillies new mods make the game fun all over again

svösh

Thanks Svosh. Hey, I don't suppose you feel like making a model??:D

Mono_Giganto
08-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Thanks Svosh. Hey, I don't suppose you feel like making a model??:D

Actually, that pike looks like little more than a cylinder and a few rings on the end, Achillies, you could probably spend 15 minutes in gmax and make a stunning force pike. :) (Literally. Okay I know that was lame, but I couldn't resist.)

And personally I like the weaker weapons better anyway. I don't want overpowered modded weapons, I want weak stuff that makes it challenging! Great job Achillies I like this. :)

Achilles
08-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Actually, that pike looks like little more than a cylinder and a few rings on the end, Achillies, you could probably spend 15 minutes in gmax and make a stunning force pike. :) (Literally. Okay I know that was lame, but I couldn't resist.)


I know that I should probably know better, but gmax scares me. Just looking at Svosh's screenshots makes me feel stupid :) I'll leave models to the experts, thank you very much...

T7nowhere
08-10-2004, 10:45 PM
D'OH!

I knew I forgot to finnish something. I started on a model of a force pike about a month ago spent an hour on it then completly forgot about it. Achillies I can finnish the model tonite If you want to use it in your mod. I'll get a screen of it up in few minutes. It still doesn't have a texture But that shouldn't take to long to do.

Achilles
08-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Achillies I can finnish the model tonite If you want to use it in your mod. I'll get a screen of it up in few minutes. It still doesn't have a texture But that shouldn't take to long to do.

That would be great. I'm very excited to see what you've made.

T7nowhere
08-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Ok sry it took so long to get some pics out but I had to run out and do a few errands.

Ok the in-game shot were taken in the BOX.
Stance (http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=y3w4wk&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1) Twirling (http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=y3w4wj&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1)

This one was taken in gmax
Force pike. (http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=y3w4wx&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1)

I just have to get the texture done with svösh's help and it will be set and ready to use. I know it doesn't look like much But the detail will be in the texture.

Achilles
08-11-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Ok sry it took so long to get some pics out but I had to run out and do a few errands.

Ok the in-game shot were taken in the BOX.
Stance (http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=y3w4wk&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1) Twirling (http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=y3w4wj&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1)

This one was taken in gmax
Force pike. (http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=y3w4wx&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1)

I just have to get the texture done with svösh's help and it will be set and ready to use. I know it doesn't look like much But the detail will be in the texture.

Very cool. Can't wait to see it with a skin.

stingerhs
08-11-2004, 02:00 AM
t7, that is way too cool. :drop2:

Colma Adawin
08-11-2004, 03:45 AM
i think someone has a new talent :D:D:D Well Done T7, thats impressive

:D:D:D:D

MattCole

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 06:08 AM
^^^^
Yes T7 very nice model of the Force-Pike! :D

I hope Achillies uses it.

illuzion69
08-11-2004, 06:20 AM
That's a fun weapon! You can never have enough melee weapons imo. :hit4: Nice work Achillies. I'm also looking forward to T7's version.

Achilles
08-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by illuzion69
That's a fun weapon! You can never have enough melee weapons imo. :hit4: Nice work Achillies. I'm also looking forward to T7's version.

Unless I misunderstood, as soon as T7's finished we'll be replacing the game's model with his so that we actually have an honest-to-goodness Force Pike.

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Unless I misunderstood, as soon as T7's finished we'll be replacing the game's model with his so that we actually have an honest-to-goodness Force Pike.

Cool! :D

illuzion69
08-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Unless I misunderstood, as soon as T7's finished we'll be replacing the game's model with his so that we actually have an honest-to-goodness Force Pike.

Sounds good to me. I'll be waiting for it.:axe1:

T7nowhere
08-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Unless I misunderstood, as soon as T7's finished we'll be replacing the game's model with his so that we actually have an honest-to-goodness Force Pike.

Yes that was my intent. Some minor changes will have to be made to the uti to make it the same baseitem as the double sword,(the fight stance fits) and I should be able to finnish the texture tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for the compliments on the model. :)

RubADucky
08-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Yes that was my intent. Some minor changes will have to be made to the uti to make it the same baseitem as the double sword,(the fight stance fits) and I should be able to finnish the texture tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for the compliments on the model. :)

Good work!!! :) I also noticed we live in the same city :)

RubADucky
08-20-2004, 05:23 PM
And good work achillies, I would be visiting your mod page more often :D