PDA

View Full Version : help me out here

RpTheHotrod
08-10-2004, 11:25 PM
I just updated my sound drivers and all hell is breaking lose.

All of my bass/treble settings reset, so I put them back to normal. However, all of a sudden, no one can hear me at all in any voice programs. I go into my sound settings and mess around. The ONLY WAY people are hearing me is if mic is unmuted (before hand, I had it muted and everyone heard me fine). HOWEVER, if I DO unmute mic, if I turn up my system sound, the bass just starts giving MASSIVE feedback. The whole room shakes.

In other words, the only way now that anyone can hear me with a mic is if my whole room is shaking loudly from feedback.

Help? I want to be able to talk and turn up my sound as loud as I want, just like before.

I have an audigy sound blaster

NOW it's even MORE screwed up. People are hearing my SYSTEM SOUNDS...they can't hear me.

Boba Rhett
08-11-2004, 12:29 AM
...roll back the drivers, perhaps?

Sivy
08-11-2004, 08:46 AM
yeah, if you weren't having any problems with the previous drivers i would just reinstall them.

RpTheHotrod
08-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Well...I messed around with some stuff and it seems to be fine..except my sound is different now. Seems I have less bass in some sounds and more bass in others. :/

but oh well, I'll get used to it.

ZBomber
08-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Are there official support forums or anything? Perhaps you're not the only one with this problem? :confused:

SkinWalker
08-11-2004, 11:17 AM
You know, this reminds me of the problem I had when I installed my Audigy.

I built my computer in 2001 from scratch and installed a DVD drive, which worked great with the Motherboard sound circuit. But a few months later, I installed an Audigy and could NEVER GET THE DVD TO WORK AGAIN!

I even uninstalled the card/drivers and went back to the sound on the mobo. Nada.

For the last two years, I've spent hours troubleshooting this damn thing every 4 months or so. I've been on all sorts of help forums and IRC chat rooms... nothing.

If someone here has the answer and had it all along..... :confused:

:D

ET Warrior
08-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SkinWalker
If someone here has the answer and had it all along..... :confused:

:D

Hammer, meet PC. PC, say hello to mr hammer.

*smashy smashy*

Fixed :D