PDA

View Full Version : Kotor 2...dec. 9th?

GodVegeta1982
08-11-2004, 01:21 AM
EB Games has it set for the release date of 12/09/04! If this is true, i cant wait till then!

Achilles
08-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by GodVegeta1982
EB Games has it set for the release date of 12/09/04! If this is true, i cant wait till then!

That's 4 months from today. Hope that's true cuz I don't know if I can wait for 7.

RedHawke
08-11-2004, 02:33 AM
^^^^
I also hope that is true, December 9th is not long to wait at all! :D

kookaburra
08-11-2004, 05:07 AM
That is wonderful news I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if KOTOR 2 TSL is pushed back to next year as December 2004 comes closer please dont get your horses to high as I am expecting some sought of change maybe maybe not but lets just hope that it is December this year

Prime
08-11-2004, 10:35 AM
I don't believe anything until it is on the Lucasarts site. ;)

nacho35
08-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Prime

Thats probably true. How many times was KOTOR pushed back.

kome566
08-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Well we can kill other people's excitement can we prime? OMG DECEMBER 9,2004?! CRAZY LUCAS ARTS CRAZY~!!!!! :rolleyes:

Achilles
08-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
Thats probably true. How many times was KOTOR pushed back.

I agree that nothings official until it's on the LA site.

As for being pushed back, please remember that they're more or less testing a major upgrade as opposed to testing an entirely new system. Hopefully this means that so much of the leg work that Bioware had to do will not be repeated trying to publish TSL.

Prime
08-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by kome566
Well we can kill other people's excitement can we prime? I'm just stating what I believe. :)

Mex
08-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't beleive a release date until the games gone gold. And I hope that the game isn't coming out then, I want a less buggy more enjoyable version. Not a rushed version.

Venom750
08-11-2004, 03:10 PM
I just hope it is true or someone gone get .:mob: :evil2: :swear: :mob:

FiEND_138
08-12-2004, 01:56 AM

My thoughts as well.

jedi_5002
08-12-2004, 06:48 AM
I'll believe it when it is on the shelves of stores. :D (Hopes in December, and not later (unless it is to fix bugs, then by all means, push it a little later)

:fett:

RedHawke
08-13-2004, 02:55 AM

Agreed! :D

Then it's like set in stone... or something like that! :D

kome566
08-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Then it's like set in stone... or something like that!

Dont you mean marked in stone?:D :D And it would be cool to be released in Dec.If Obsidian has bugs in it then ship it 1 day later :D

Achilles
08-14-2004, 08:34 PM
Dont you mean marked in stone?:D :D And it would be cool to be released in Dec.If Obsidian has bugs in it then ship it 1 day later :D

Pretty sure the line is "set in stone" but maybe they say it differently where you're from *shrug*.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence :confused:

0rlo
08-14-2004, 08:49 PM
definately going to try to get it in before christmas i'd say.

kome566
08-14-2004, 10:46 PM
But who knows . .. its all on LA's hands now . .whether they torture us or send it out by xmas

RedHawke
08-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Pretty sure the line is "set in stone" but maybe they say it differently where you're from *shrug*.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence :confused:

The phrase is most definately "set in stone" here. Oh well! :D

And what did you mean kome566 by the release 1 day later bugs thing? :eyeraise:

kome566
08-15-2004, 12:59 AM
:D fix the found bugs on the day when they were supposed to ship it,and ship it the next day :D i dont no what im talking about . . i shouldnt have said it :headbump:

Achilles
08-15-2004, 02:13 AM
:D fix the found bugs on the day when they were supposed to ship it,and ship it the next day :D i dont no what im talking about . . i shouldnt have said it :headbump:

Gotcha

...not sure how I feel about being in someone's signature line *LOL*

:D

RedHawke
08-15-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Gotcha

...not sure how I feel about being in someone's signature line *LOL*

:D

LOL!!! Especially with kome566's newfound aversion to the color pink! :D

Mike Frank
08-27-2004, 09:19 PM
I call this ironic, Halo2 is being released November 9th.

Achilles
08-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Mike Frank
I call this ironic, Halo2 is being released November 9th.
Help me to understand how that's an irony...

kome566
08-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Ill take u off my sig if it bothers you achilles :)

Achilles
08-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Ill take u off my sig if it bothers you achilles :) It doesn't bother me. I was trying to be funny :D

Mike Frank
08-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Help me to understand how that's an irony...

Because they're both good games being released on the same day one month apart from each other.

What? Doesn't anyone believe me?!! Ok ok, fine. Bah.

RedHawke
08-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Ahhh... KOTOR:TSL in December. It will be so cool! :D

De Cem 'Beer' :guiness:

messkell
08-29-2004, 02:52 AM
If it's out in december, I'll give santa a keg of ale....

If it's out in february, I'll pry the game loose from the grubby little hands of the ground hog :)

Achilles
08-29-2004, 05:37 AM
Because they're both good games being released on the same day one month apart from each other.

What? Doesn't anyone believe me?!! Ok ok, fine. Bah.
Please help me understand which definition of "irony" that falls under...

Main Entry: iro·ny
Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler
1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony
2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

Pretty sure it doesn't fit any of them, but I'm not very educated :D

Just jerking your chain. Please don't take any offense ;)

FiEND_138
08-29-2004, 06:11 AM
^^
Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!

Achilles the Resident Dictionary....:animelol:

Achilles
08-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Well for starters I was just suggesting inuendo between the defenition of irony and the occurance of strange events, creating an understood effect.

But I think it can fall under number 3, ya...so anyway.
Uhh...ok :)

Hiroki
08-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I find it funny that arguments over words are becoming so comment in the KOTOR forums, and no where else in Lucasforums. :p

Achilles
08-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
I find it funny that arguments over words are becoming so comment in the KOTOR forums, and no where else in Lucasforums. :p
Do you mean "common"? :D
I'm sorry I couldn't resist...

Typos are to be expected and are easy to live with. Inappropriate word usage has always been a pet peeve of mine, so I tend to have fun with people when I see it :). No harm intended, of course....

Mike Frank
08-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Please help me understand which definition of "irony" that falls under...

Main Entry: iro·ny
Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler
1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony
2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

Pretty sure it doesn't fit any of them, but I'm not very educated :D

Just jerking your chain. Please don't take any offense ;)

Well for starters I was just suggesting inuendo between the defenition of irony and the occurance of strange events, creating an understood effect.

But I think it can fall under number 3, ya...so anyway.

Com Raven
08-30-2004, 08:30 AM
[Persuade - Success] Guys, I am sure you would all prefer to get on topic again, right?

JediFanatic10
08-30-2004, 06:25 PM
yea all of this big word usage... irony-inuendo.. gots to go we're talking about release dates... they dont need to ship it out in december, if they do then it'll be rushed and prolly end up like JA. What a let down man!

Achilles
08-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by JediFanatic10
yea all of this big word usage... irony-inuendo.. gots to go we're talking about release dates... they dont need to ship it out in december, if they do then it'll be rushed and prolly end up like JA. What a let down man!
I would love to hear your rationale behind this.

We know that OE started working on TSL about the same time that KotOR was hitting the shelves, which means they've been working on it for just over a year.

We also know that Bioware gave OE their complete toolset and a working game engine.

We also know that their delivery date to LA is upon them and that they've been pretty much done for over a month.

So, knowing all this, I would love to hear how it is that you know for a fact that the game will be "rushed" if it comes out in December. The game has to be finished sometime. If it's sooner rather than later....well, I'm ok with that :D

RedHawke
08-30-2004, 08:17 PM
^^^^
I agree with Achillies. :D

Bioware did most of the game engine work on KOTOR, which they handed to Obsidian. All Obsidian had to do was create the new story, places, and add some bells and whistles to the game, so December sounds like a really reasonable release date.

Just my 2 cents! :D

FiEND_138
08-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by JediFanatic10
then it'll be rushed and prolly end up like JA.

Lets hope not....

JA had to have been 1 of my greatest let downs in a game. For all it could have been & wasn't......

Hopefully when Dec. rolls around & IF (keyword being IF) OE says it isn't ready to ship, LA understands that & just doesn't send it out the door anyway for the lucrative X-Mas market.

Just my 6 cents........

Com Raven
08-31-2004, 01:11 AM
Well, I think KotOR is already big-enough of a brand name that LEC won't need holiday season to sell it. That being said, I still think that we'll see it this year though...

Prime
08-31-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Com Raven
Well, I think KotOR is already big-enough of a brand name that LEC won't need holiday season to sell it. That probably goes for just about any game with Star Wars on the box. :)

Com Raven
08-31-2004, 07:36 AM
Well, in my experience, since the days of Force Commander and the Episode I games, most people think that Star Wars games suck. So, it is sometimes more of a chore than a bonus...