PDA

View Full Version : The Official Xbox/Xbox 2 Console/Game Discussion Thread


legameboy
08-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Go wild. Post your loves, hates, looking-forward-tos, and wishes related to the Xbox and Xbox 2, and their games and hardware/equipment.

Curt-Man
08-12-2004, 08:53 PM
i love halo, red dead revolver,jedi acadmey,KotoR,Prince of persia and i thought glitch in the system,ninja turtles and sx superstar were alright.
i think a modded Xbox case would be cool to have as well as live, which i plan to get when halo 2 comes out.

Acrylic
08-12-2004, 08:55 PM
I wanna mod my Xbox one day.

legameboy
08-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Could anyone give me a nice, plump list of pros for the Xbox. Note, I'm looking for a lot (at least fifteen), so don't be shy.

:D

Acrylic
08-12-2004, 10:18 PM
1. Good processor

2. Hard Drive

3. Best graphics for a console

4. Best Console to mod

5. Xbox Live

6. Ninja Gaiden

7. Fable

8. Halo 2 (We'll have it for at least a year before the PC version comes out)

9. It can survive bullet shots.

10. Dude, how can you go past 9? I cant think of any more.

Anthony
08-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
1. Good processor

2. Hard Drive

3. Best graphics for a console

4. Best Console to mod

5. Xbox Live

6. Ninja Gaiden

7. Fable

8. Halo 2 (We'll have it for at least a year before the PC version comes out)

9. It can survive bullet shots.

10. Dude, how can you go past 9? I cant think of any more.

Word.

someone bitches about the "controller size" I'll kill them

jokemaster
08-13-2004, 12:00 AM
I got an XBOX last christmas, and I've been enjoying it. Halo wasn't as good as I expected though, the huuge levels I would''ve liked a save wherever option, especially with the Assault on the Control Room. I was annoyed at not being able to just select a level and play, like I had with Goldeneye, and most other games, the levels should've had a save wherever feature or have the levels split up a little more. It was good, but not as good as all the press hype made it out to be. It's possibly the best console FPS, which is arguable, but many PC FPSs are way better.
But other than that most games have been up to expectations, especially Crimson Skies and Glitch in the system.

Tyrion
08-13-2004, 05:27 AM
[1. Good processor

But not nearly as good as the one in my computer.
2. Hard Drive
Again, not as good as the one in my computer.
3. Best graphics for a console
But console graphic sucks.
4. Best Console to mod
...and yet the poor PC is ever more moddable.
5. Xbox Live
Say it with me. In-ter-net. Broad-band.
6. Ninja Gaiden
Doom 3.
7. Fable Neverwinter Nights. And KOTOR the way it was meant to be.
8. Halo 2 (We'll have it for at least a year before the PC version comes out)
Halo 2...and what do we get? Oh yes, Half-life 2!
9. It can survive bullet shots.
That's because it's the most likely console to get shot at.
10. Dude, how can you go past 9? I cant think of any more.
Easy, 'cause it sucks.

And the controller sucks.

legameboy
08-13-2004, 09:15 AM
I understand your console frustrations, but this thread isn't for X-box bashing. :p

Thanks for the info, guys. :)

PR-0927
08-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Heh...

[list=1]
Best graphics for console...yes, most people don't have the best graphics cards for PC, very few do...I don't...
KotOR came out on it first. It was never gonna be on PC, until it came out on XBOX.
Halo, the name says it all.
Halo 2, again, the name says it all. Half-Life was over-rated. Halo PWN's it.
Umm, yes, you can mod it...not the best.
Controller size doesn't matter, I got myself three Controller S's, they PWN all controllers.
Umm...people kill other people for stealing it...
It is black...and neon-lime-green (the main original version), which are my favorite colors.
It can be used as a PC after modding it. I'm not sure about playing PC games on it though.
It has a funny humming noise.
Hard drive. PS2 has one...but, only seperately, plus, after the XBOX had it.
Umm...I like it.
KotOR 2: TSL, the name says it all.
[/list=1]


Well, I could think of more, but I don't feel like it.

:fett:

legameboy
08-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Majin Revan
[list=1]
KotOR came out on it first. It was never gonna be on PC, until it came out on XBOX.
Halo 2, again, the name says it all. Half-Life was over-rated. Halo PWN's it.
Umm, yes, you can mod it...not the best.
Controller size doesn't matter, I got myself three Controller S's, they PWN all controllers.
It can be used as a PC after modding it. I'm not sure about playing PC games on it though.
KotOR 2: TSL, the name says it all.
[/list=1]

The Xbox is the best console. It is not a PC. I repeat, it is not a PC. A PC and a console are two different things. I repeat...

1. They originally planned KotOR for the Xbox and the PC if my sources are correct. ;)
2. Half-life was the best game ever made. Halo is excellent, but not as good as Half-life. Don't diss Half-life. :p
3. Most modifications on the Xbox are illegal I believe. :o
4. True.
5. That's illegal, my friend.
6. That's coming out for PC, also.

You can't compare any console to a PC. A console is a different experience than a PC, they are designed to do different things. While PCs and consoles both offer gaming experiences, they are completely different experiences.

ET Warrior
08-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by legameboy
While PCs and consoles both offer gaming experiences, they are completely different experiences.

Werd.

Acrylic
08-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Werd.

...

Use correct grammar.

It's "Word." .

;)

ET Warrior
08-14-2004, 08:07 PM
.........

I hope you were just being a smartass and didn't honestly think I didn't know the proper spelling of word...


:indif:

Acrylic
08-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
.........

I hope you were just being a smartass and didn't honestly think I didn't know the proper spelling of word...


:indif:

Of course. :p

Anthony
08-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion

And the controller sucks.


*Beats tyrion to a bloody pulp with a salmon*

jokemaster
08-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
*Beats tyrion to a bloody pulp with a salmon*
*Does the same to Anthony with a shark.*

Acrylic
08-14-2004, 11:12 PM
John Bonham, Richard Cole, Horny Led Zeppelin groupies, and sharks don't mix.

Rogue15
08-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Fable
B.C.
KOTOR II
Republic Commando

Acrylic
08-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot...

JADE EMPIRE!

This game is looking awesome.

jokemaster
08-15-2004, 01:42 PM
DESTROY ALL HUMANS!

TiE23
08-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
But other than that most games have been up to expectations, especially Crimson Skies and Glitch in the system. Dude, you have Metal Arms??!! Cool! I don't know anyone else who has it, I like it too.

TiE

jokemaster
08-15-2004, 07:49 PM
I bought it when I heard you could control other robots

Curt-Man
08-15-2004, 07:54 PM
*beats jokemaster to a bloody pulp with a whale(BEAT THAT!)*

Anthony
08-15-2004, 07:57 PM
*Beats curt man to a bloody pulp with a BATTLESHIP*



I don't give a crap if its not an animal.

Curt-Man
08-15-2004, 10:51 PM
ah dang, ah well.


back on topic, spiderman 2 was a wicked game, very cool, webbing around manhattan, beating up petty criminals, very fun, i still haven't beaten doc ock yet, he is really hard.

i can't wait till PoP2 comes out, if it's anything like the original, it'll be good.

Republic Commando looks really cool, although it probably will be hard for me to get used to though, but i will definatly ren it.

Monster Hunter look pretty cool as well.

and last but not least, BattleFront looks very awesome, so cool how you can fight almost every star wars battle there is, it looks very sweet.

Acrylic
08-15-2004, 11:02 PM
I havent got it yet, but Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow looks great. And Splinter CEll 3 looks wicked, I cant wait til it comes out. And Splinter Cell is a steal at $20. I got it for free though.

jokemaster
08-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Curt-Man
ah dang, ah well.


back on topic, spiderman 2 was a wicked game, very cool, webbing around manhattan, beating up petty criminals, very fun, i still haven't beaten doc ock yet, he is really hard.

i can't wait till PoP2 comes out, if it's anything like the original, it'll be good.

Republic Commando looks really cool, although it probably will be hard for me to get used to though, but i will definatly ren it.

Monster Hunter look pretty cool as well.

and last but not least, BattleFront looks very awesome, so cool how you can fight almost every star wars battle there is, it looks very sweet.
Eh, I'm getting BF (HEY! another thing it has in common with Battlefield. Coincidence? both mean basically somewhere where there's a battle and are abbreviated as BF) for PC, more comfortable then.

I beat Spiderman 2 for XBOX, and have 75% completed total. Dock Ock was a nasty battle.




PS. *beats Curtman to a bloody pulp with the international space station*

Treacherous Mercenary
08-16-2004, 01:12 AM
Xbox is good for those games not on the PC or too buggy for the PC like I heard with KOTOR. ;)

jokemaster
08-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by The Silent One
Xbox is good for those games not on the PC or too buggy for the PC like I heard with KOTOR. ;)
KOTOR wasn't buggy, it just needed a powerfull PC, I don't think BF will have that problem. Plus, I don't want to pay extra for XBOX live, at least, not until CONKER comes out.

Treacherous Mercenary
08-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
KOTOR wasn't buggy, it just needed a powerfull PC, I don't think BF will have that problem. Plus, I don't want to pay extra for XBOX live, at least, not until CONKER comes out.

That's not what I heard... Especially for Radeon cards..

jokemaster
08-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by The Silent One
That's not what I heard... Especially for Radeon cards..
Maybe, worked fine on my friend's computer (Raedon 9800 PRO). I think it has something to do with the driver. Anyway, it's one thing with KOTOR, a graphics heavy RPG developed mostly for XBOX, another thing for Battlefieldfront, a not so graphics heavy game developed for generally PS2, XBOX and PC.

Plus, with PC you can play with more people, and I'm more comfortable with the controls. I couldn't drive worth **** on Halo for XBOX, but drove like a master on the PC version, probably the smae thing'll happen with BF. Anyway, I'd still rather not pay for XBOX LIVE. Just my personal preference.

Of course, if I ever decide to get XBOX Live, you can count on me to using it to the full with Crimson Skies, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Conker, Star Wars BF, etc.

TiE23
08-19-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by jokemaster


Plus, with PC you can play with more people, and I'm more comfortable with the controls. I couldn't drive worth **** on Halo for XBOX, but drove like a master on the PC version,
*Beats jokemaster to a bloody pulp with the EARTH!*

TiE

acdcfanbill
08-19-2004, 10:28 AM
i hate xbox because it ruined deus ex. :ball:

jokemaster
08-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
*Beats jokemaster to a bloody pulp with the EARTH!*

TiE
*Lights a match, holds it up to his butt and farts, hereby causing TiE to melt*

legameboy
08-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
i hate xbox because it ruined deus ex. :ball:

*sniff*

So true.

I've decided to not get an Xbox. I'm much more happy spending four-hundred dollars on upgrades and running Half-life 2 like a charm. :D