PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something?

cayqel
08-15-2004, 02:55 AM
I usually play the game late in to the night so I must have not noticed/forgot, but when did dantooine get destroyed?

RedHawke
08-15-2004, 02:59 AM
Here you go! :D

You find that out when you are captured by the Leviathan, during the torture scene Admiral Karath tells you and on your way out Darth Malak later confirms it, then when you excape the Leviathan the game cuts off Dantooine after that.

I hope this helps! :D

kome566
08-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Butttt!!! The midget Yoda guy is still alive and still pimpin! :D

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 01:33 AM
^^^^
That's very true kome566 but you still can't go to Dantooine.

cayqel
08-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Yeah I got to that part at about 8:30am and had been playing since midnight. That conversation is a little blurry. Thanks for the info.

RedHawke
08-18-2004, 01:45 AM
^^^^
I feel your pain... the first time I was on Dantooine I was just so excited about finally becoming a Jedi I completely missed all the non-subtle hints the Jedi Masters gave, and the things they said about you.

They basically tell you that you are Revan.

Achilles
08-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
I feel your pain... the first time I was on Dantooine I was just so excited about finally becoming a Jedi I completely missed all the non-subtle hints the Jedi Masters gave, and the things they said about you.

They basically tell you that you are Revan.

I think the writers wanted you to miss them the first time through. Based on all the people I know that said...

OMFG....I'm REVAN!?!?!?!

...I think that they did a great job of creating a tight storyline.

"Bastila, you and...the Padawan, should go back to your ship"

RedHawke
08-18-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
I think the writers wanted you to miss them the first time through. Based on all the people I know that said...

OMFG....I'm REVAN!?!?!?!

...I think that they did a great job of creating a tight storyline.

"Bastila, you and...the Padawan, should go back to your ship"

I agree! The hints are very cleverly done, and I think that is the whole point of having the hints the way they did, so that once you know, when you go back and play through again they are telling you very plainly who you are, only you had to know in the first place to catch on, it is very cool! :D

Bioware did good with that whole dialogue they got those hints by me and that doesn't happen too often. :D

cayqel
08-18-2004, 03:39 AM
I was one of the OMG I'm RAVEN people. I told my friend who had already played it and he was like What you had to wait for them to tell you? I cussed him out. But he deserves it he's always talking about how good he is at the game eventhough he can't beat malak and has had the game since it came out.

Achilles
08-18-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by cayqel
I was one of the OMG I'm RAVEN people. I told my friend who had already played it and he was like What you had to wait for them to tell you? I cussed him out. But he deserves it he's always talking about how good he is at the game eventhough he can't beat malak and has had the game since it came out.

My coworker is one of those guys that always talks about how he figures stuff out before everyone else. Well he called me in the middle of the night after completing the Leviathan totally freaking out. He talked so much smack about KotOR up til that point. After that he was hooked.

cayqel
08-18-2004, 03:48 AM
that's a long way in to wait to get hooked

RedHawke
08-18-2004, 03:50 AM
that's a long way in to wait to get hooked

Some people take awhile, it has to sink in through their "I don't want to like it" skulls! :D

I should know... I was one of them! :D

Achilles
08-18-2004, 04:19 AM
Some people take awhile, it has to sink in through their "I don't want to like it" skulls! :D

I should know... I was one of them! :D

You really are Jolee Bindo, aren't you?

RedHawke
08-18-2004, 04:32 AM
You really are Jolee Bindo, aren't you?

Yup! :D

My throat is dry and youre making me cranky... shoo!

What were we talking about again?

FiEND_138
08-18-2004, 04:59 AM
I was one of the OMG I'm RAVEN people.

Didn't get to be 1 of those people. Was downloading a Revan model from jk3files, reading the comments to see what people were saying about it, & some jackass blurted the twist out. Then someone commented he was an ass for killing his game story, & the jerk stated it was the players fault for not figuring it out. *No wonder I despise the human race* The real pisser was, I'd just saved after my 4th star map so I was about to find out anyways.

Come Dec.-Feb. I'm not going anywhere near the internet until I've finished TSL.

Achilles
08-18-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Didn't get to be 1 of those people. Was downloading a Revan model from jk3files, reading the comments to see what people were saying about it, & some jackass blurted the twist out. Then someone commented he was an ass for killing his game story, & the jerk stated it was the players fault for not figuring it out. *No wonder I despise the human race* The real pisser was, I'd just saved after my 4th star map so I was about to find out anyways.

Come Dec.-Feb. I'm not going anywhere near the internet until I've finished TSL.

That sucks!

Your plan sounds like a good one. I'll probably adopt it as well, just to avoid any incidents like the one you've described.

RedHawke
08-18-2004, 06:03 AM
^^^^
I agree with Achillies that does suck FiEND! :eyes8:

Makes you wish you could have a button that would make a hammer pop out of their monitor and smack em' on the head!!! :D

I also won't be doing anything internet gaming wise until I complete my first TSL run through myself! :D

cayqel
08-18-2004, 06:04 AM
I'm really surprised I didn't stumble across any spoilers being that I didn't get the game till about 2 months ago. But yeah, I'm avoid all tsl stuff too. I haven't even visited the web site for it yet.

I just beat the game like 2 minutes ago (the credits are still running) i sent afore mentioned friend an email letting him know I beat malak on my second try becuase "i'm that damn good"

Achilles
08-18-2004, 06:11 AM
I'm really surprised I didn't stumble across any spoilers being that I didn't get the game till about 2 months ago. But yeah, I'm avoid all tsl stuff too. I haven't even visited the web site for it yet.

I just beat the game like 2 minutes ago (the credits are still running) i sent afore mentioned friend an email letting him know I beat malak on my second try becuase "i'm that damn good"

Wow, you are late to the game....but at least you got here. Well, beat it a few more times then head over to Holowan for some mods and stuff :)

RedHawke
08-18-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm really surprised I didn't stumble across any spoilers being that I didn't get the game till about 2 months ago.

Better late than never! :D

I did the same thing with NWN I just got that one like 2 months ago, and I still haven't made it out of the second village yet! :D

FiEND_138
08-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Makes you wish you could have a button that would make a hammer pop out of their monitor and smack em' on the head!!! :D

LmAO!!!!! Almost exactly what was running through my head at that time!! Must be psychic. :eyepop :smash: :hit4:

nacho35
08-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Well, beat it a few more times then head over to Holowan for some mods and stuff :)

Funny you should say than...I was thinking after I read that line that I haven't finished a game since April. Oh I have started about 50, but haven't finished any!

Someone comes out with a good mod and I want to start over.

Achilles
08-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Better late than never! :D

I did the same thing with NWN I just got that one like 2 months ago, and I still haven't made it out of the second village yet! :D

I'm just now getting around to Morrowind and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time :D

Achilles
08-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
Funny you should say than...I was thinking after I read that line that I haven't finished a game since April. Oh I have started about 50, but haven't finished any!

Someone comes out with a good mod and I want to start over.

Too funny. I did for a while with mods that I was making. Recruit mods will suck you in the worst :D

RubADucky
08-18-2004, 01:42 PM
^^^^
I agree with Achillies that does suck FiEND! :eyes8:

I also won't be doing anything internet gaming wise until I complete my first TSL run through myself! :D

That wouldn't be so nice... Maybe just fry his computer.

FiEND_138
08-18-2004, 05:14 PM
^^^
Or smash every joint in his body with a hammer then beat him with a garden hose, the jerk. :dev10:

RedHawke
08-19-2004, 04:07 AM
LmAO!!!!! Almost exactly what was running through my head at that time!! Must be psychic. :eyepop :smash: :hit4:

Or "great minds" think alike! :eyes8:

Originally posted by Achillies
I'm just now getting around to Morrowind and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time :D

Is Morrowind any good?

Just curious! :D

Achilles
08-19-2004, 07:00 AM
Is Morrowind any good?

Just curious! :D

It's impressive. I'm not used to that flavor of RPG so I'm going to need some time to adjust.

RedHawke
08-19-2004, 07:50 AM
It's impressive. I'm not used to that flavor of RPG so I'm going to need some time to adjust.

Well then... that's 3 people saying it's good... so I'll definately have to try it! :D

Achilles
08-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Well then... that's 3 people saying it's good... so I'll definately have to try it! :D
You can pick up the Game of the Year edition for not too much $.

It includes the two expansions as well :D

Darth333
08-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Discussing Morrowind now? :tsk: No wonder your post count now beats mine, Achilles and Redhawke :D

Achilles
08-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Discussing Morrowind now? :tsk: No wonder your post count now beats mine, Achilles and Redhawke :D

It's 5 posts!!! :rolleyes:

*bowing head* yes ma'am. We're done now. :)

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Darth333

*Also bowing head* Sorry Darth333! :)

kome566
08-21-2004, 01:15 AM
*smacks achilles and red's bowing heads* Fools! *see's darth333 staring at him* ......................:eyeraise:.................. ..

*Two Hours Later* Bzzzitttt!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Darth Dex
08-21-2004, 12:27 PM
hahahahaha kome.

jedi_5002
08-23-2004, 02:17 PM

I didn't come to these forums until I had already finished KotOR several times through. I came here looking for mods and I just kinda stayed. I am going to do that with KotOR:TSL. I'll just go through it quickly (not rushing, but playing it as much as I can every day until I have seen all of the endings) then I can come back to browsing these threads, and not be miffed if I read a plot spoiler.

:fett:

RedHawke
08-24-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by jedi_5002
I didn't come to these forums until I had already finished KotOR several times through. I came here looking for mods and I just kinda stayed. I am going to do that with KotOR:TSL. I'll just go through it quickly (not rushing, but playing it as much as I can every day until I have seen all of the endings) then I can come back to browsing these threads, and not be miffed if I read a plot spoiler.

:fett:

I found this place before I even bought the game, modability factors in big time for me when I buy a game, unless it's title is Doom! :D And actually most of the posters around here are really good at putting spoiler tags around things like that. :D