PDA

View Full Version : Who do you support in the Olympics?

kome566
08-15-2004, 04:58 PM
For me...USA for swimming,running. China for diving,volleyball....

:D thats all really ... :p :disaprove

Achilles
08-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by kome566
For me...USA for swimming,running. China for diving,volleyball....

:D thats all really ... :p :disaprove

I hope that Denmark takes home the gold for badminton. I'd also kinda like to see China beat the US in softball this year.

kome566
08-15-2004, 09:25 PM
China schooled USA in volleyball today . . . :D :rofl: Its like they were toying with them and then they kicked up the level 500 times . .. :rolleyes:

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 12:40 AM
^^^^
I am not even watching the Olympics, I never have, so I have no clue who's doing what! :D

I'm probably mistaken on this, but Achillies I thought you said you didn't watch sports?

Achilles
08-16-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
I am not even watching the Olympics, I never have, so I have no clue who's doing what! :D

I'm probably mistaken on this, but Achillies I thought you said you didn't watch sports?

I haven't watched the Olympics in 16 years.
You'll notice that I picked the most inane sporting events to offer my "commentary" on :D I was being trite.

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
I haven't watched the Olympics in 16 years.
You'll notice that I picked the most inane sporting events to offer my "commentary" on :D I was being trite.

Ooooohhhhh! I see! :D

Is badminton even an actual olympic event? :eyeraise:

Achilles
08-16-2004, 05:33 AM
Ooooohhhhh! I see! :D

Is badminton even an actual olympic event? :eyeraise:

Indeed it is. Apparently the event is dominated by the Asian countries and Denmark is a favored underdog.

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 05:47 AM
Indeed it is. Apparently the event is dominated by the Asian countries and Denmark is a favored underdog.

:eyeraise: Knowing that makes me even more glad I don't waste my time watching the olympics.

*Shuffles off wondering to self... Badminton... an actual olympic event... WOW!!!*

Achilles
08-16-2004, 05:51 AM
:eyeraise: Knowing that makes me even more glad I don't waste my time watching the olympics.

*Shuffles off wondering to self... Badminton... an actual olympic event... WOW!!!*

Ever play? It's tough. Tougher than tennis in many ways. Aren't many places to play in AZ but I really enjoyed playing it in HS.

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Ever play? It's tough. Tougher than tennis in many ways. Aren't many places to play in AZ but I really enjoyed playing it in HS.

HS is the last place I played it as well, I know it isn't easy... I stunk! Though I did enjoy whacking the shuttles and sticking them into the cork board-like cieling of our HS gym! :D

RubADucky
08-16-2004, 06:03 AM
I don't watch the Olympics. I usually watch hockey and I never missed a World Cup.

Achilles
08-16-2004, 06:04 AM
HS is the last place I played it as well, I know it isn't easy... I stunk! Though I did enjoy whacking the shuttles and sticking them into the cork board-like cieling of our HS gym! :D

I liked smashing it into the opposing team's foreheads...

....maybe I am Dark Side.....

RedHawke
08-16-2004, 06:42 AM
I liked smashing it into the opposing team's foreheads...

....maybe I am Dark Side.....

Hmm... Its possible!:D

kome566
08-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Wtf is badminton ? ? :confused: Ive never heard of it :headbump

Achilles
08-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by kome566
Wtf is badminton ? ? :confused: Ive never heard of it :headbump

Oh goodie...

Earlier this week I had the pleasure of introducing you to Merriamwebster.com. Now allow me to introduce you to Google (http://www.google.com)
:D:D:D

If you type Badminton into Google's sophisticated search engine, it will supply you with a plethora of informational resources regarding the game of badminton.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to help :)

Thanks for reading.

nacho35
08-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Oh goodie...

Earlier this week I had the pleasure of introducing you to Merriamwebster.com. Now allow me to introduce you to Google (http://www.google.com)
:D:D:D

Ah! I love a good line of sarcasm :D

RedHawke
08-17-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by nacho35
Ah! I love a good line of sarcasm :D

So do I! :D

Crowy
08-17-2004, 09:21 AM
i support australia cause i live here im not going to watch this years. i only watched the 2000 ones cause they were in sydney.

why the f#$% would you want to watch overgrown women swin laps of a pool though?? especially some of the chinese swimmers, theyre scary.

Achilles
08-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Crowy
why the f#$% would you want to watch overgrown women swin laps of a pool though?? especially some of the chinese swimmers, theyre scary.

Errr...swim fans? I know it may sound strange to you, but some people actually enjoy watching it :D

Venom750
08-17-2004, 01:13 PM
GBR all the way

Prime
08-18-2004, 11:00 AM
I support the drug testers...

RedHawke
08-19-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Prime
I support the drug testers...

*Spits water all over monitor and keyboard!!!*

RLMFAO!!! :rofl:

Thats a good one Prime! :D

kome566
08-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Oh yeah! Support the outcasts who were originally drug addicts and deppresed ppl!They feel so refreshed to lose!!!

Judge:We give you a....Iron Medal! :cool:

MASTERA'ZUREN
08-21-2004, 10:00 PM
I have to go with the US since that is wwere I am from, but something I thought was strange how all the Greek baseball players barelly have any Greek in them. The most was half Greek.
The good thing about America is that you are your parents just have to be born in America because everyone comes here. Unless you count the Indians.

Darth333
08-22-2004, 01:30 AM
Hmm...tough question...can someone remind me which pharmaceutical companies are participating so I can make my choice?

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 02:12 AM
^^^^
RLMFAO!!!! :rofl: Which Pharmaseutical Company! :D

That's really good Darth333! :D Kinda goes with Prime's support of the Drug Testers! :D

Achilles
08-22-2004, 02:29 AM
^^^^
RLMFAO!!!! :rofl: Which Pharmaseutical Company! :D

That's really good Darth333! :D Kinda goes with Prime's support of the Drug Testers! :D
Just think, by the next Summer Games, we'll have genetic methods that are undetectable via testing. Makes one proud.

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Just think, by the next Summer Games, we'll have genetic methods that are undetectable via testing. Makes one proud.

Or really, really concerned! :D

[Taun We]

This batch was grown around 5 years ago.

They are much superior to Droids.

Magnificent aren't they?

[/Taun We]

Scary! :D

jedi_5002
08-23-2004, 09:40 AM
I agree with all of RedHawkes' posts.
To summarize (with some other stuff thrown in):

I don't watch the olympics, and don't care who wins, or loses. The last place I played badminton was in HS and sucked at it. Prime's post about drug testers is funny :lol:. Darth333's post expands on Prime's post (IMO) and is funnier :rofl:.

Drugs that are undetectible is part of the reason I don't care for sports (watching or playing (besides, I suck at them anyways)). It is easy to get them (have no clue and am just guessing wildly) and they give you an unfair advantage. It is like getting an aimbot for MP games, which is part of the reason I don't play them.
A good SP game that you can mod to your heart's content which won't be ruined by cheating of others is great by me (hence my love-affair with KotOR (and Bastila :lol: j/k (DO NOT RESPOND TO THE BASTILA THING))).

Also... in 2010 (a reason for this number) clones will be at the olympics. They will be better than their droid competitors.

:fett:

Oh and @FiEND's Bastila gush thread thing
I don't gush (well, not any more). I use Bastila to elicit humor, and poke fun at the people who seem to be even further out there, in there obsession with Bastila, then me (or even then I used to (a couple threads spring to mind)).

kome566
08-23-2004, 10:10 PM
I guess steroids will be out the picture in 2010:D :D

RedHawke
08-24-2004, 06:09 AM
I now fully support the American Olympic Beer Drinking Team! :guiness:

:D

Achilles
08-24-2004, 06:11 AM
I now fully support the American Olympic Beer Drinking Team! :guiness:

:D
I won the gold in the 2000 games...didn't recover until 2001.

Speaking of beer....afk :)

RedHawke
08-24-2004, 06:34 AM
I won the gold in the 2000 games...didn't recover until 2001.

Speaking of beer....afk :)

:rofl: LOL!!! :rofl:

Well I got the gold in three of the events in the 1992 games...

For Speed Drinking in the Six... Twelve... and Twenty Four pack catagories! :guiness:

Unfortunately I only Silvered in the Mini-Keg Speed Drinking Catagory! :D

Achilles
08-24-2004, 07:00 AM
:rofl: LOL!!! :rofl:

Well I got the gold in three of the events in the 1992 games...

For Speed Drinking in the Six... Twelve... and Twenty Four pack catagories! :guiness:

Unfortunately I only Silvered in the Mini-Keg Speed Drinking Catagory! :D
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Way to take it to the next level!

DarthBuzzard
08-25-2004, 01:59 PM
U.S. for one reason...

They've got Carly Patterson :D

RedHawke
08-26-2004, 03:41 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Way to take it to the next level!