PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of the Empire Mod for JA (aka "Want List")

Pages : [1] 2

jedispy
08-18-2004, 05:04 AM
Presenting the official Shadows of the Empire Mod thread. (Yeah unfortunately I'm not cool enough to have my own forum.....yet)

I require help though. I am only in the preliminary phases right now, so I am just doing research and development for the time being. Here is what I'm currently looking for:
Vehicles and lots of them.
*AT-AT (I heard there is a model out there, but I can't find it)
*Swoops
*T-47 airspeeders (a.k.a. snowspeeder)
*Slave 1
*Hound's Tooth (Bossk's ship)
*Mist Hunter (Zuckuss' ship)
*IG-2000 (IG-88's ship)

Other
*Has anyone done a Jabba the Hutt model? I'm not talking about the player model created by Duncan_10158 for JO. I mean a real, true to size Jabba the Hutt.

Kurgan
08-24-2004, 06:57 PM
I can't help you with making a mod, but I can reply...

Originally posted by jedispy
I have a project that I'm working on. Right now it's a little hush hush, but if I complete it, then it will be a JA mod the likes of which you have never seen!

I require help though. I am only in the preliminary phases right now, so I am just doing research and development for the time being. Here is what I'm currently looking for:
Vehicles and lots of them.
*AT-AT (I heard there is a model out there, but I can't find it)

Try the showcase forum. There's a topic in there about the AT-AT model and links to some beta's of it that work.

*Swoops

Already in the game, and there are tons of mods of them out there, ranging from ones that re-skin the MP swoops, to ones that add Sith Speeders, ROTJ style bikes, etc. Check pcgamemods.com.

*T-47 airspeeders (a.k.a. snowspeeder)

Search pcgamemods.com. It's there, and works.

*Slave 1

Search pcgamemods.com. Episode II version is available.

*Hound's Tooth (Bossk's ship)
*Mist Hunter (Zuckuss' ship)
*IG-2000 (IG-88's ship)
[/quote]

No idea.

Other
*Has anyone done a Jabba the Hutt model? I'm not talking about the player model created by Duncan_10158 for JO. I mean a real, true to size Jabba the Hutt.

No idea, sorry.

I have a lot more, but like I said, I don't want to reveal too much. More will follow soon.

O.k. I realize how retarded I was for saying it is hush hush when a day or so earlier I posted (in this same forum mind you) that I intend on makin a Shadows of the Empire mod for JA.

O.k. with that said, what does everyone think?

Jedispy

Just remember that before you use anyone else's mods in your mod, you should get permission from those authors first and give full credit in your mod's documentation for anything you use that you didn't create yourself!

jedispy
08-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah I did find a bunch of vehicle models. I did find snowspeeder, and I can't believe I forgot that swoops were in the game.

Bossk ship is huge. It is smaller than a Star Destroyer, but bigger than the Falcon.

Thanks for all the good pointers. Are there any documents talking about creature creation? I may make a Hutt Creature.
We'll see.

be prepared for the most awesome mod ever! Well....or at least a really good one.

Jedispy

jedispy
08-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Try the showcase forum. There's a topic in there about the AT-AT model and links to some beta's of it that work.

What's the URL to the topic? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks again for all the good pointers. I DEFINITELY plan on giving credit where credit is due. I am sure most people won't have a problem giving permission if I give the proper credit. Of course I will give credit to John Wagner with Dark Horse comics and Steve Perry with Bantam books for their versions of SOTE. Without their works, this mod would barely be possible.

What would everyone like to see in the mod? Like I said before, I plan on making an amalgam of the three sources: Book, comics, and game. I can't include all of the material from the game because some things are contradictary with the books and comics (mostly in how Dash Rendar acts, and how much interaction he has.)

I have already begun to write the story....well....my take on the story at least. I am about 90% done with the story, and the game plot structure. My last step is to put together all of the dialog for the cut scenes. I am again making it an amalgam of the game, book, and comics.

I plan on making it a multi perspective plot. The N64 game only showed the perspective of Dash Rendar. I thought it was totally awesome, but there are certain things that happen in SOTE that just MUST be in a game (Luke's hand to hand fight with Guri, Wedge Antilles in Rogue squadron, Boba Fett fighting the bounty hunters for Han Solo in carbonite, etc...)

I am open to considering new ideas. I hope to finish my plot notes soon, and then put them on my new website that should be up shortly.

More to come soon.
Jedispy

Salem
08-27-2004, 11:28 AM
this will be a great mod but you forgot other bounty hunters

like 4Lom,Dengar, check this http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/

Dengars ship The Punisher

but still its a nice change

TK-8252
08-27-2004, 02:12 PM
AT-AT (http://www.jedimovesfiles.com/site/files/center/modelvehicle.html)

jedispy
08-27-2004, 03:06 PM
4Lom...Dengar
Actually I haven't forgotten them. I do have a working 4-LOM model. I can't remember who made it, but it works. As for Dengar, he's not in SOTE from what I can determine. He's not mentioned in the book, nor is he in the comics or game.

The bounty hunters I have in there so far are:
Boba Fett (in the SOTE game, book, and comics)
Bossk (comics)
4-LOM (comics)
Zuckuss (comics)
IG-88 (game and comics)
and an assortment of random thugs that work for Bossk. (comics)

I may put in Dengar, but he won't have any lines or game action. Might just be as an extra. Thanks for the suggestion Salem.

I think I might not put in the Mist Hunter (Zuckuss' ship) simply because it's not ever seen or used in SOTE. In the comics, Zuckuss and 4-LOM ride in Hound's Tooth with Bossk. While I don't want to reinvent the wheel, I also don't want to make the wheel bigger than need be. Still I am open to the idea, so who knows.

First thing's first, to find out what models currently exist, and get permission from the authors/creators of the models to let me use them.

I will check out that AT-AT model tonight. Thanks for the URL TK-8252.

Jedispy

shukrallah
08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
About Jabba:

Get the old JK2 one, make a new NPC file, and change his size (stretch him out) and stuff.. untill he looks right.

jedispy
08-27-2004, 05:44 PM
You mean the Hutt model from MOTS expansion of Jedi knight? Or do you mean the one made by Duncan_10158 for JO. I'm not sure which one you mean.

Jedispy

jedispy
09-07-2004, 04:46 AM
O.k. I am nearing the finish of the prelim phase of this project. I have found a good number of models. I will soon start character creation, and may need some help.
I have a new website (http://www.jedispy.com/sote) up as well.

I know the website doesn't look like much now, but please be patient. I intend on hosting forums and all that. By the way, how does one host/moderate a forum on lucasforums?

iamtrip
09-08-2004, 07:38 AM
If you need someone to do voiceovers like
'i'm your father luek', or just saber swoosh sounds/ darth vader breathing, then I'd like to volunteer.

PS. I'm a good Yoda too!

jedispy
09-08-2004, 08:28 AM
I am not sure what I am going to do for voices. For non-Basic speaking characters, I think I am going to use sound clips from the movies and other media (chewbacca, Jabba the Hutt, R2-D2, etc...)
Vader's breathing will be a sound bite as well. For his voice I will probably use a voice modulator to change a person's voice. It needs to sound mechanical and bassy.

As for Luke, I doubt I am going to get Mark Hamill to play nice. So I think I'm going to have to find someone who can do the same whiney, piss-ant farm boy voice we are grew to love and adore in ANH & ESB (He's not so whiney by ROTJ.

The voices that I am concerned about are Luke, Leia, Lando, Emperor P, Vader, and C-3PO. All others are expanded universe, so I have full freedom to use any sort of voice I choose.

I will keep you guys posted.

iamtrip
09-09-2004, 08:03 AM
I can do yoda and wookie noises.

jedispy
09-12-2004, 06:02 PM
I just found a player usable flame thrower. I have not tested it yet, but it looks promising. I can't remember the author's name, but it looks like he created it as a force power. That's nice, but I'm going to make this a player weapon.

My website is about to change the way it looks too (http://www.jedispy.com/sote)
everything is proceeding as I have forseen!

jedispy
09-24-2004, 06:21 PM
O.k. I'm almost finished with the mod outline. In the original SOTE game, there were three acts. I have expanded it to five.

There will be 21 playable levels, and 47 individual cut scenes. Most of the cut scenes will be rather short.

Player characters are Dash Rendar, Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, and even Darth Vader.

Current want/need list:
Character Models:
Prince Xizor
Guri
Jix
Leia in a sexy dress (not too revealing though)
Chewbacca with long mane (as in ANH & ESB )
Chewbacca with flat-top mane
IG-88
Zuckuss

Vehicle models:
Landspeeder
Outrider
IG-2000
Hound's Tooth
Virago
Executor
Star Destroyer

More to come soon.

Neverhoodian
09-24-2004, 07:26 PM
I know that the great Hapslash was working on an IG-88 model. Check it out at his website (http://www.hapslash.com). He tends to jump around with his projects though, so it may take awhile for him to complete it.

jedispy
10-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Unfortunately it looks like I won't be getting IG-88 from Hapslash any time soon. I might have to reinvent the wheel on that one.

Things are moving along. I am almost finished with the plot/script of the game. One thing that might be a concern is the length of the cut scenes. I will try to cut them down as much as possible. Still, they are essential to getting the whole SOTE story.

More to follow soon.

jedispy
10-05-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm looking for the contact info for:
Sniper Wolf, KMan and Toonces - For Dash Rendar model

Dwayne 'oddjob' Douglass - for 4-LOM and Boushh/Leia models

Major Clod - for long hair Chewbacca model.

Mars Marshall - for creating the Millennium Falcon based on RAVEN's design.

tFighterPilot - for Snowspeeder

That's all for now.

MikeGunther1969
10-05-2004, 09:13 PM
How do you want voice files?....how much dialogue? what do you want them recorded with? Please let me know. I love to do voices, and I may even dig out the microphone and sound editor for this one.

iamtrip
10-06-2004, 06:31 AM
I can do star warz sound fx.
Contact me for details.

jedispy
10-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Oh I will definitely need some sound editing for some of the voices.

How much dialogue? I refer you to the rough draft of my outline (http://www.jedispy.com/sote/game_outline.html).

For most characters I will use normal voices. However for some characters, a little ingenuity is needed. For example I want Boba Fett to sound like Temura Morrison (is that his name?) the Maori who plays him in the prequels, and voice over in ESB.

Darth Vader is a given, but I think I might try that one on my own.

Jabba the Hutt. Now there's a big one (no pun intended.) Jabba only has 3 lines, but they are in Huttese. I want him to sound exactly like he does in ROTJ. A little bit of reverb and deep bass sound. Jabba articulates his words slowly in ROTJ.
Taken from Jedispy.com:
Jabba: Ah tagwa, cha chonki tiroy. Cha chonki de ma coleto. Chi sa rima chong waronga creeda?
(Ah yes, a delightful masterpiece. It will be the pride of my collection. So, did we say 10,000 credits?)

Needed voices:
Luke Skywalker
Leia Organa
Lando Calrissian
Dash Rendar
Wedge Antilles
Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Prince Xizor
Guri
Jix
C-3PO
Skahtul/Barabel Guard
Bossk
Zuckuss
4-LOM
IG-88
Thugs
Swoop jockey
Admiral Piett
Imperial/Rebel/Xizor's Officer/technician
Kyle Katarn
Mara Jade
Jabba the Hutt
Slave 1 Computer
Bothan1, 2, 3

I will post more notes on these later on my website.

iamtrip
10-06-2004, 09:47 AM
How about saber sound effect? Or heavy breathing?

Nokill
10-06-2004, 09:54 AM
saber sounds enuf look at all of the mods for this
and breathing sound?
yust call a se*s line and you got one :P

jedispy
10-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Most of the sound effects are going to be from the movies and/or other games. SOTE for PC uses all their sounds off of .wav files in a directory. I have full access to those.

Vader's breathing will be from the movies.
R2-D2's "voice" will be from the movies.
The same goes for blasters, lightsabers, Chewbacca's voice, engine sounds, explosions, teleporters (HA just kidding), etc...

The only brand new sounds will be dialogue that does not otherwise exist. I need to find people who can sound like Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Billy Dee Williams. I can do a pretty mean Luke skywalker whiney voice already, so it might be covered.
I think the hardest voice to find will be Lando. I need a voice that sounds like a black man who is very confident and cocky. I'm not being racist when I say this. I have the radio version of ROTJ made by NPR, and the guy they got for Lando is totally white sounding (I am 99% sure it was not Billy Dee Williams, but I will have to check.)

Darth Vader, C-3PO, and Boba Fett will all require some sound editing. Boba Fett will have the New Zealand/Maori accent. 3PO will have british sounding.

I don't know how I want Xizor to sound yet. In SOTE for PC he sounds like a retard trying to imitate Darth Vader. Not cool. He needs to sound dignified and articulate.

Dash Rendar needs to sound really cocky. I imagine a Joey Tribiani/Sam Malone type of sound in his voice.

Guri needs a strong confident woman sound. I imagine her being head of some Dark Side women's rights movement. ("dark side." LOL!!! Where do I come up with this stuff?) Just kidding by the way. Honestly, I imagine a voice like that of Jeri Ryan (7 of 9). In the SOTE game for PC, she sounds like a playboy model/pr0n star when she talks. Not appropriate for this mod. Sorry guys, but no Jenna Jameson voiceovers.

Jix will sound like a dumb jock when he talks. Cross Bret Favre with Shaquille O'neil and there you have it.

Emperor Palpatine needs to sound exactly like he does in ROTJ. There is no other way around this. He needs to sound old, but not old and cranky. He needs to sound angry, but not pissed off. Still working on that one.

Good news is that progress is being made. For more info check out my website (http://www.jedispy.com).

UPDATE: Yep I'm right. Billy Dee Williams did not portray Lando in the ROTJ radio show. It was Arye Gross. It might as well be Vanilla Ice. It really is Gross.
Word to your mother.

iamtrip
10-06-2004, 02:08 PM
How about jawas???

jedispy
10-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Hrm....I will need to think about that one. There will be a scene where Luke deals with Jawas. Basically it's in the level where Luke builds his lightsaber. You guys are going to love that level. It's somewhat reminiscant (holy crap I spelled that wrong) of the Jedi training level in JO, but with guns and interaction between characters.

Other awesome news:
I just got my SOTE soundtrack cd today. I'm going to use the music from the cd as the game soundtrack. I know there might be legal issues in doing that, but I will figure out something. Maybe the publisher will let me do it if I ask nicely.:halo2:

Anyway, Jawas. There might be possibility in having someone do some Jawa sounds. Of course I will still see what the movies hold for Jawa sounds. Thing with that is that I can't think of any times where there is any Jawa dialogue. Lots of Ewoks dialogue......those d@mn dirty teddy bears!!

I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the suggestion iamtrip

iamtrip
10-07-2004, 10:10 AM
I'm always happy to help!

jedispy
10-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Making progress.
Existing model status:
Dash Rendar - Permission GRANTED
Stormtrooper - Permission GRANTED
Gamorrean - Permission GRANTED
Nomi Sunrider - Permission GRANTED -- Nomi Sunrider will be the model for Guri. A reskin will be needed.
Ponda Baba - Permission GRANTED
Max Rebo - Permission GRANTED
Mara Jade Permission GRANTED -- Mara will have a small cameo spot in SOTE.

Still waiting on:
Boushh Leia - Dwayne 'oddjob' Douglass - Status: Seeking Contact info.
4-LOM - Dwayne 'oddjob' Douglass - Status: Seeking Contact info.
Chewbacca with long mane - Major Clod - Status: Seeking Contact info.
Emperor Palpatine - Toonces, Grafox, Psynex, Arco, Sithlord - Status: Seeking Contact info.
Snowspeeder - tFighterPilot - Status: Seeking Contact info.
Millennium Falcon - RAVEN, Mars Marshall - Status: Seeking Contact info.
Royal Guard - Eric Landreneau - Status: Seeking Contact info.
Darth Vader - Bellan "Kartoon" Karl - Status: Seeking Contact info.
Slave 1 - darkskywalker aka josh javaheri - Status: Seeking Contact info.
DF Kyle Katarn - Infinity Blade - Status: Awaiting Author reply
AT-AT - Duncan_10158, Scouttrooper - Status: Awaiting Author reply

If you guys know how to contact these guys at all, please let me know. These models are the best that I have found, and I would hate to have to reinvent the wheel on it.

It's not fully confirmed yet, but KMan is going to make the Prince Xizor model.

More will be posted soon on the news (http://www.jedispy.com/sote/news.html) page of my website.

Nokill
10-07-2004, 08:50 PM
hmmm thats almost the simelar list i got for my mod =/

jedispy
10-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Posted: Nokill
hmmm thats almost the simelar list i got for my mod =/
Have you had any luck in contacting/getting permission for your models? I really want all of these models. Particularly I want DF Kyle Katarn, Darth Vader, 4-LOM, Boushh/Leia, and the AT-AT.

4-LOM & Boushh/Leia are made by Oddjob, who is completely MIA. I mean it, I tried to track him down. It even took me to some website where he's involved in mods for Unreal Tournament. The best I could get was a response from some guy:
Hi,

My handle is "Ace12GA", from the A-Team, the guys that make all the
Action mods. Anyway, I noticed your thread on the message board and
thought I would give you the heads up.

Oddjob has been out of contact with the team for a while. We have no
way to contact him reliably. In fact, its not likely for him to return
to the mod scene anytime soon. That said, you will not be able to
contact him.

Further to that, I know he would not like his work being used without
his explicit permission. Since you're not going to get that, I would
recommend you look elsewhere for your content. I have worked with him
on and off for over 5 years, and know how he feels about this sort of
thing. I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to explain the situation
to you.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Good luck with your mod,

Evan <Ace12GA>

Maybe I have a bad attitude, but that kind of pisses me off. I mean I am more than happy to give him the credit for the models I use. However when a person can't be contacted, there should be a rule that says "bite me, I want to use the model that you don't have the copywright on anyway." I mean they all belong to Lucasfilm anyway. Right? Anyone wanna back me up on this?

What do you guys think?

Nokill
10-08-2004, 07:10 AM
well i dot have only some models and not the vehicle's
but yes i got most premissions ready
and btw you mostly only have to add the readme file of the author and the name of the guy and the link where you got the file :)
well that woud make me happy ;)

MikeGunther1969
10-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Ok, some of the original creators of these models are no longer available...grown up and not playing games, married and the wife won't let em', The kid does it better than dad used to, no longer interested in the game the model was ever created for..........

Furthermore the models are the intellectual property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm, Lucasarts, Steve Perry, and Dark Horse Comics, not the creator of the model itself.

Next...you don't have to use the exact model. Your final model needs to only be based on the original creation with a change or two. This is pure fact as it applies to patent law with product creation, description and manufacturing of similar products based on the same premise. Change a diode or 2, put the power switch in a different position, you have 2 widgets form 2 manufacturers which don't infringe on each other's patents. (Not sure about copyright law though)

Finally, since you are going to give credit where it is due, and this product CAN AND WILL NEVER BE LEGALLY SOLD FOR PROFIT there is no legal issue for anyone whose work you use in a non-licensed game MOD.

Find and use what you can bro', just tweak it enough to make it your own. Give Props to everyone who deserves it, and Let's play the f--kin' game!!!.

Nokill
10-08-2004, 09:58 AM
amen MikeGunther1969 :)

jedispy
10-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Give Props to everyone who deserves it, and Let's play the f--kin' game!!!
Well put. I guess I won't freak out about it. So from now on, I will try to make an honest effort to contact the authors. If, after making an honest effort and waiting a reasonable amount of time, I do not receive a response from the authors, I will proceed to use the models that they do not have the copywright on.

Anyway things are going well over here. I am 98% done with the plot/script. Most of what I'm doing now is editing the dialogue for time. Right now it is a little top heavy on the cutscenes. I need to cut it back a little, yet still provide enough story for the player to get what's going on.

I know I might be a little anal about this, but my biggest criticism of the original SOTE game is that the player has very little exposure to the story from the comics and book. For example, on the Gall level Dash fights his way to find Boba Fett. Then he fights Boba Fett. Then he fights Slave 1. All that work for nothing. The game continues to say something like "Boba Fett escapes somehow, blah blah blah...." Sorry but I just can't handle putting that in the mod. It's just too lame.

I hope to get it done by this weekend. I will post it on my website when it's all done.

Kurgan
10-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Btw, I was skimming your site and thought I'd update you on the Diaonogas.

In Dark Forces 1 they were VERY aggressive and scary too!

In JK there are no dianogas. In Mysteries of the Sith (JK1 expansion) there are Dianogas in the water and they are scary (but not as scary as the DF1 one's that jump out of nowhere in the dark at you) and dangerous.

jedispy
10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I thought there were dianogas (i just learned of my spelling error too) in JK. They are in the level on Sulon where you run through the water works factory (or whatever the level is. I need to check it again.) I do remember aquatic creatures that just sit there and don't chase you.

Perhaps the best description of a dianoga is from Decipher's SWCCG:
"Garbage squid" from Vodran's jungles. Changes color to match last meal. When unfed, turns transparent. Eats almost anything. Flexible eyestalk. 7 tentacles. Up to 6 meters long.

As for Dark Forces.....I must confess that I have never actually played all the way through it. I know, I am so full of shame. Seriously, I've played the demo about 1,000 times, but I never played it all the way through.

Can you guys get me any screenshots of the dianogas in DF? I will work through JK, MOTS, and SOTE again and take screens.

I will take your word on it that they are aggressive in DF. Based on what we see in ANH, they are violent, yet show intelligence. (It knew to let go of Luke when the walls began to converge.)

The large dianoga is going to be a trick. For those of you not familiar with it, in the original SOTE game there was a level boss that was a huge dianoga. It fills up the bottom of the entire room, and has HUGE tentacles tha move around. From what I can observe in the game, they each move seperately from one another, and only attack when you do certain things. The tentacles themselves die very easily, but cause no damage to the creature when hit. New tentacles grow back immediately. To kill the monster you have to shoot the eye tentacle. It's actually a really creepy enemy.

The best way I can think of recreating the giant dianoga is to have it be comprised of several creatures, rather than have it be just one. Each tentacle acts as its own entity. By attacking the minor tentacles, the player renders no HP damage to the whole. Only by attacking the eye tentacle can the player defeat the whole.

I hope to have screenshots soon. It's a pretty intense fight with the G.Dianoga.

Kurgan
10-11-2004, 03:26 PM
There are no Dianoga's in Jedi Knight, trust me.

There are "water sycs" (sp?) that are just huge Jellyfish that float on the surface and have stinging tentacles.

And there are "Drugon" (or something like that) which are just big red fish.

MotS and Dark Forces have Dianoga's. The DF one is present in the Demo actually (the 3 level demo) on that map where you go through the sewers looking for that Weapons guy. Hang around in the sewage and a monster will attack you. That's it!

Here's a link to pics of the Dark Forces enemies (they don't show the full dianoga, just what he looks like when he's about to pop up... trust me he looks cool when he actually attacks!):

http://www.jediknight.net/index.php?action=game&catid=1&page=characters

http://members.tripod.com/~stanislavs/games/df-opp.htm

jedispy
10-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Water Sycs eh? o.k. No argument here.

O.k. now I need to play MOTS again. I have no memory of the dianogas.

Vehicles are coming along. I discovered that Hatrus is working on the Outrider model. Looks like he might have gained some good ground as well.

The thread for vehicles is here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1659210#post1659210).

Zappa_0
10-12-2004, 03:39 AM
Yea Hatrus has alot in progress right now. Looking at voices, if you want I can help you out there alot. Since I make movies for JA, I need alot of voice actors and I have been all over finding people to forefill my needs. And what are you talking about Ewoks for, SOTE ends after the Skyhook battle from the game, but I dont know about what really happens in the novels or what ever. Another thing you might should get is the comic book series. I believe there are 2 versions, the 1st one is better I believe. You could probally get them on www.darkhorse.com or even find them on ebay. I will help you all that I can, I would really like to do a SOTE movie in JA. I have been thinking about it for sometime now.

jedispy
10-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Lots of Ewoks dialogue......those d@mn dirty teddy bears!!

I was only kidding when I said that. There's no way I'm having Ewoks in this mod. I might make a Return of the Jedi mod in the future where you play an Ewok, but I currently have no plans for it.

I want to note that while this mod will contain most of the content from the original game, it will not be exactly the same. In the game, dash destroys the Skyhook. However, in the books and comics, Darth Vader orders it destroyed. Executor blows it up.

Also according to the game, Dash destroys Xizor's palace by blowing up the skyhook elevator. In the book and comics, Lando blows it up by dropping a thermal detonator down a garbage chute.

There will be a skyhook battle in this mod, but it will not be exactly the same. As for the gladiator droid, whlie it is a really cool level in the game, I don't see how I can fit it into the mod at this time. Instead there will be a hand to hand fight between Guri and Luke. She is going to be VERY hard to defeat. The fight only takes place in the book, but after beating JA on the dark side, I am so impressed with the end fight between Kyle and Jaden. I felt inspired when Kyle picked me up, punched me a ton of times, and threw me across the room. The fight will be a lot like this, however Guri will be about 2-3 times FASTER. She's an HRD, so she can do it.

Other minor details will be different, but all of the original levels in the SOTE game will be there.

More to come soon.

Zappa_0
10-12-2004, 09:46 AM
I would like to hear your ideas more, contact me on MSN: JediOutcastMovies@msn.com. I would love to help you out anyway I can.

jedispy
10-12-2004, 07:10 PM
O.k. guys! This is it. I have finally completed the plot script. It is finished! Done! Of course there can be room for a few more modifications, but otherwise the final draft is now available.

I am also now seeking a creative staff for helping me with the creation of this mod.

All who are interested either E-mail me (http://www.jedispy.com/contact.html), private message me (http://www.lucasforums.com/private.php?s=&action=newmessage), or simply ask in this thread.

The_One
10-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Just for the record, we have a (kind of) working Dianoga in the soon to be released Dark Forces Mod 3-level demo. I guess it will be public domain once the demo has been released.

It has been hell trying to get it working using the limited Single Player modding resources available to us - but it's as good as it's going to get for a demo.

You can check it out when the demo comes out in a week or two :)

jedispy
10-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Welcome The_One. I am honored by your presence.

Do you have any screenshots of your dianoga?

MikeGunther1969
10-13-2004, 09:24 PM
I still can't find my mic..."misplaced" it when i moved the computer downstairs into the dungeon...guess i'll have to hit the radshak come payday so I can start recording voices again. MP3's will be sent in about a week or so, but may ultimately be delayed a few more days by the DFMOD Demo release. BTW, I love being quoted in the latest update, I got a killer bellylaugh out of that...scared the crap out of my 4yr old daughter. Peace

jedispy
10-14-2004, 04:52 AM
The honor was all mine.

I am writing the level notes now. I am 50% done currently, and I will most likely finish it today. The purpose of the level notes is to
1. let you guys, know what to expect on the levels and
2. remind myself and let the creative staff know what I'm looking for in the mod.

Everything in this mod is open to suggestions, so if you guys find something that you just don't like, or have an idea about how something can be done better, feel free to contact me (http://www.jedispy.com/contact.html).

More updates coming soon.

jedispy
10-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Well I've got the level notes done. It's a pretty small document compared to the mod outline. Still it is helpful to get an idea of what I'm looking for in the mod. Pre-production is almost done. What I'm going now is replaying SOTE, and looking for key elements in the game play. One of the most interesting (and perhaps difficult to make) levels is the hovertrain ride through the junk yard of Ord Mantell. There is so much to the scenery that it boggles the mind (and kind of hurts.)

For example there is the entire upper bridge portion of a Star Destroyer, there's a jawa sandcrawler, there's a mostly submerged AT-AT, so on and so on. I'm presently playing through it and taking screenshots of anything that I find is important.

Also I am playing through MOTS again, and seeing what their dianogas look like. I got some awesome screenshots of the dianogas and large dianoga in SOTE. They are pretty intense. I think the dianoga from DF might work. I need to see if I can find my old copy of DF and play through it. I don't remember seeing any, but apparently they are there. It has been ages, and I've never actually played it all the way through.

On an on an on we go.

MikeGunther1969
10-15-2004, 02:48 PM
I always thought that level had the most creative detail of all. It is too bad the rest of the game could not have had the same look and feel to it. Maybe using the q3a engine you can squeeze that kind of intricate artwork into every part of the game. I think the JO Starship levels near the end would be great reference for the Suprosa level, and who knows how much more desert terrain you can get into the Gall level.

jedispy
10-16-2004, 12:10 AM
Good point. My favorite part of the suprosa level is fighting through the crew quarters. That part was very well done. The bridge of the Suprosa looks pretty crappy in the original game. I may make it look more like the bridge of the Doomgiver in JO (is that the right name?)

I would like to give more detail in every level.

I want the Hoth battle to be pretty much the same as it is in SOTE. tFighterpilot states (in his readme for his snowspeeder) that the JA engine doesn't support tow cables. I have to disagree. Sure it may not support a "wire" sticking out the back of the snowspeeder and wrapping around an AT-AT, but it doesn't necessarily require that. In the original SOTE game you just need to fly close to the legs of an AT-AT. No aiming is needed. You just fire the harpoon when it tells you to. Then you need to fly around the AT-AT X amount of times (3 or 4 I think), not going further than a specific radius from the target, and the AT-AT will crash. These are the elements that I need to create. If I get that to work, then worrying about animating the tow cable is merely secondary. Getting the function correct is what matters more. If it can't be done at all, then the airspeeder battle would have to be scrapped, or at least done in a different way.

I would like to have more foot soldier action between rebel and imperial forces, but we'll see what feasability allows.

One of my favorite SOTE levels is the swoop chase level. Although the detail of the level was well done, I was bummed at how empty Mos Eisley was. In the movies we always see Mos Eisley and Mos Espa as well inhabited. I hope to have bystanders in the background. I would like to throw in stormtroopers that shoot at the player (don't worry, at the speed in which the player is travelling, it is unlikely they will hit you) as well as people/creatures that get in the way/jump out of the way. We'll see about that. First thing's first. I need to start production on the levels, then worry about characters and NPCs.

Right now I'm working on getting the key screenshots that I need for levels/models.

MikeGunther1969
10-16-2004, 07:28 AM
Even though I can't edit, map, script, texture, create anything yet in RADIANT, I would like to throw in a few mere suggestions.

1. HOTH.. Have the ceilings fall in at various points in the ice tunnels, causing minor damage. The tunnells should be very gritty looking too, not as smooth as the original SOTE game. (edit)..After finally playing Battlefront and seeing the Hoth level, it needs to look more like the caves in SWBF. (end edit) Adding the blown up/caved in command center would be a nice touch, along with dead Rebels, Imperial Ground and Snowtroops randomly placed about for a more realistic effect, like Luke retruning home in EP4. Fried corpses anyone?

2. GALL.. Place an occasional burst of wind driven sand in the cliff areas, kind of like the exhaust evnt in the Valley of The Jedi levels in DF2JK The sand can blow you off the cliff if you take it full on. LESS FOG..it's a desert, there's no fog in a desert, only a massive, detailed horizon. Once again we need much more desert terrain detail, small grass outcroppings, cactus. A weird, easter egg type of thought too...have Dash die like Wile E Coyote if he takes a fall in a certain area of the canyon......screeeeeeeeeee....puff!!! Jetpak runs out of fuel?

3. SUPROSA...we're on the same page here, I was thinking Doomgiver all the way. BTW, I hope the DF and DF2JK MOD teams use the Doomgiver as the basis for architecture on the starship levels. Rich(The ONE) please pass this one on to your team.

4. THE SEWERS... Keep the design pretty much the same, just make the texturing much more detail oriented, and kill 50% of the lighting. Think more like Harry Potter...The Chamber of Secrets, when the big snake was chasing him, how dark those tunnels were, and how wet they looked. After all, it is supposed to be a sewer system, and in the Novel it was described as a very dark, and foul place. Maybe some "clumpage" randomly place in the water for a more realistic effect....and the characters have to constantly gripe about the smell...it's a sewer.

jedispy
10-17-2004, 11:50 AM
1. HOTH YES! I like it. I honestly hate the level in JA where Jaden goes to Echo base. The war room is neat and orderly. This is not how it looked when it was abandoned (see the scene in ESB). I am going to scrap how Raven made echo base look. I think I might redesign the map completely. It's nice and all how the original SOTE and JA crews made the interior look, but it doesn't feel right. In ESB I have always felt like Echo base was a huge snow fort. Growing up in Minnesota I know EXACTLY what that was like.

I like your idea of having colapsing corridors. I think, just to taunt the player, I'm going to have a corridor that leads directly to docking bay 3. You can even see the Outrider in the distance. As the player begins to walk down that corridor, the celing colapses. "Can't get through that way."

I also plan on having NPC battles going on around Dash. To get the feeling for this, play the first scene in ANH when the droids are trying to get around on Tantive IV. They themselves aren't participating in the battle, but it is going on around them.

Nice insight MikeGunther1969. I don't have SWBF. Can you make some screenshots?

2. GALL O.k. I think you are reading my mind. I was thinking that i want this level to have the exact same feel as the first Valley of the Jedi level.

3. SUPROSA I think I'm going to change just a few things about the level overall. The bridge will be different completely. The crew quarters will be the same. As for the engineering section. I don't know what I want to do with that. It's tricky because I am not a big fan of the "no better way to go" than through some big mechanical contraption. I like to point out the movie Space Quest when the captain and sigourney weaver have to run through such a contraption. She yells at him and asks why something like this would ever be on a ship. I feel the same way. It needs to have a purpose. This is how I felt during the Bespin level in JO. The player has to mind trick the Ugnaught, and then run THROUGH an incinerator. That's nice an all, but couldn't Kyle just use a turbolift like Luke Skywalker did in ESB?

I'm not against such things from happening, but there needs to be a reason for being in such danger. In AOTC it makes sense for Anakin and Padme to have to run through the droid factory. That's the sort of thing I'm looking to do.

It could just be something simple as "oh crap the blast door's locked." Even with a lightsaber, it takes time to cut through a blast door (like Qui Gon Jinn in TPM.) I might make the mechanics of the engineering section different too. We'll see.

I am VERY pleased with the cargo hold/docking bay section of the level. I am going to make it identical in content with better textures and detail.

As for the combat droids in the level....I hate them. Well at least I hate the ones that the original SOTE crew made. I am instead making combat astromechs. Rather than being armed with arc welders, fire extinguishers, circular saws, retractable arms, scanners, and holoprojecters like R2-D2, they will be armed with blasters. In SOTE, certain droids can fly, so some will have the hover rockets that R2-D2 has in AOTC.

4. THE SEWERS It all sounds good to me. I like the idea of having low lighting. I think I will have the player us the light and/or light amplification goggles.
I will soon have screenshots of the dianogas and large dianoga. Man that thing is creepy.

One thing to note. In the original SOTE game Dash never swam under water. His jetpack instantly came on, and he used it for maneuvering. I think that's kind of lame. I am going to have the usual swimming. If the player wants to use jetpack, they may, but it won't be automatic.

Furthermore...
I would like to add a point about Xizor's palace. It needs to look alien. I recently played that level again, and I think the original creators did a good job at it. I am going to be working on some illustration of what I think Faleen artwork and design should look like.

Looks like I need to edit the level notes further.

MikeGunther1969
10-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Sounds like i need to consult the comics for a few ideas on Xizor's palace. I never gave that one much thought, as it was not on my favorite levels list. BTW...any ideas where i can get a hands on Radiant tutor in Arnold, MD?...

As for SWBF...sorry, I was playing on a PS2...I need a new card to play Battlefront...only 32 megs but it was state of the art 3 yrs ago!!

MikeGunther1969
10-17-2004, 07:33 PM
I have created a Frankenstein's monster here. My 8 year old son gave me a few suggestions I thought were just too good to let go unsuggested.

1 HOTH...The wampas need to have claws on every finger...according to him (a HUGE SOTE fan), the wampas in the game only have 1 large claw. I have not played the level over again to verify this, so it could be a moot point.

2 TATTOINE...Mos Eisley needs to be crowded...lots of civilians and Imperial Stormtroopers.(you already suggested most of this, but this is the second exact suggestion, and from a kid no less)..the Stormtroopers need to take pot-shots at both Dash and the Swoop Gang members for speeding.."HEY!! SLOW IT DOWN!!" The swoops should have front mounted cannons so you can shoot as well as wreck Swoop Gangbangers. The Sarlaac pit monsters need to look like the Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors (ROTJ SE). Add a Jawa sandcrawler or two in the scenery of Beggar's Canyon...maybe even Jabba's Palace.

3 WEAPONS...In the original game, all you do is change magazines for different types of weaponry and keep the existing pistol. Each new type of weaponry needs a new pistol, not just a mag change.

Not bad for an 8-year old kid eh? I'm damn proud of my boy!!

jedispy
10-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah the wampas from SOTE are pretty crappy. I am going to use the wampas that just come with JA, with a little AI manipulation. I want the wampas to behave like in ESB where they grab you and attempt to carry you off to their cave for dinner.

I'm not sure if I want swoop cannons for the chase. I kind of like the race and ram method that the original game has. Otherwise it will be too easy since the swoop jockeys aren't chasing you, they're after Luke. I will think about it.

Weapons. Oh @#$% yeah. I'm with you totally. I hate how the game uses the same weapon for each type. Not me man. I plan on having different weapons for each type.
The blaster pistol/rifle will be easy.
http://www.jediknight.net/images/jediacademy/weap_02.jpghttp://www.jediknight.net/images/jediacademy/weap_03.jpg
I'm not sure what I'm going to use for the disrupter. I like the look of the DEMP, so I might use that.
http://www.jediknight.net/images/jediacademy/weap_07.jpg
Otherwise I might use the Concussion Rifle
http://www.jediknight.net/images/jediacademy/weap_09.jpg
Rocket launcher is self-explanitory
http://www.jediknight.net/images/jediacademy/weap_10.jpg
The pulse cannon will just be the repeater
http://www.jediknight.net/images/jediacademy/weap_06.jpg

Now the flame thrower. This will be a new weapon. Instead of a rifle that the player holds, it will be wrist mounted, just like Boba Fett's. I want it to be like this:
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/flame.gif

MikeGunther1969
10-18-2004, 08:54 AM
I agree with you on the Swoop cannons, but I had to put it out there since he suggested it. I was thinking the ONLY reason for a swoop cannon was maybe if you tripled the number of Swoop Bikers. I love your flamethrower concept but would love to see you incorporate the BOUNTY HUNTER way enemies die from flame attack. SW Bounty Hunter has the flamethrower as one of Jongo's primary weapos and when used the enemies die a horrible flaling, fish out of water death. BTW you forgot to mention the seeker gun.

jedispy
10-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Oh....I called it a rocket launcher. You are right, it is called a seeker in SOTE. I'm not sure if I am going to make the first-person perspective when firing rockets. I am sure it's supported, but just considering time constraints and all....
Instead I think I will speed up the targeting time for secondary fire on the rocket launcher. I am also going to use the rocket launcher for the missiles in the space combat. I figure it's o.k. to do that since that's what Lucasarts did in the original game.

TK-425
10-18-2004, 09:34 AM
This is going to replace the disruptor in my mod(Realism Project)
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Ground/Rifle.jpg
I gues its IG-88 gun

Mex
10-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Are you going to create a custom animation for Boba Fetts wrist flamethrower?

jedispy
10-18-2004, 12:49 PM
TK42235, you got it. That's IG-88's pulse rifle. I could use such a model, but I want to focus on other things right now (such as somebody's e-web request LOL)

Pal: Custom animation? I have a working flame-thrower already. I can't remember who made it, but they have it as a force power replacing force lightening. I'm going to modify the mod (?!) so that it is a weapon instead. Otherwise it works deliciously.

edit - After hitting submit I think I realized what you are asking. Yes there will be a custom animation for the character. I think it's already in the flamethrower that I have, but yes custom....good custom....my precious custom.
<jedispy pets his ring>

TK-425
10-18-2004, 01:01 PM
TK42235, you got it. That's IG-88's pulse rifle. I could use such a model, but I want to focus on other things right now (such as somebody's e-web request LOL)

*chuckles*
I am having lightninja work on the model but he hasnt started yet:disaprove:D
I have a lot of models I have requested him to do also so it might take a while.
You might want to PM him it might speed him up:D

MikeGunther1969
10-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Are you going to have a texture page like Shamus has going for his DF2JK MOD? I am going to try to lean GIMP so I can help out in texture editing and recreation. Have you figured out how many textures need to be recreated, and if so are you going to do it by level, or just random in its' entirety?:confused:

MikeGunther1969
10-23-2004, 08:13 PM
OK, here are some more ideas for models and textures. Although I don't yet own the game, SW Battlefront looks like a good source for new models and textures. I took a nice slow look at the Lucasarts web site screenshots section. I Checked the FAQ; it uses a different engine than JO\JA but I guess you could take a screenshot and edit the textures and models you wanted right? Since the game is released it is now public domain for modelling as long as Lucasarts gets the credit. BTW, I am going to start looking hard at Massassi Temple and Admiral's Command Chamber for existing models for use in the mod.
I suggest everyone else intersted in contributing to the mod do the exact same. It will make texturing and modelling a whole lot simpler so the only real hard work will be Mapping, Scripting, and of course, the cinematic cut scenes. Don't delay, sign up today...the Rebellion needs YOU!!

jedispy
10-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Presenting, the official (beta) Shadows of the Empire Luke Skywalker model (well skin really) (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/luke_sote.pk3).

Just warning you, this is hardcore beta. It works in multiplayer, and you can spawn it in single player as well.
type the following:

helpusobi 1
npc spawn luke_sote

And voila. Enjoy this little tidbit.

MikeGunther1969
10-31-2004, 06:35 AM
I have been busy collecting all kinds of sound effects from whistling winds for HOTH, GALL, and Tatooine, running water for the sewers, and at least 20 different explosions and thuderclaps, as I think we have all heard and are all too familiar with Lucasarts explosions, it may be nice to hear some new stuff. I think the 16" gun from the USS Missouri (The Big Mo') will be a nice addition as a major explosion. I also have a few different gunfight/firefight files which may provide a base or added effect for a background noise in the ice caves. I am also tinkering with glass breaking, electrical short circuits etc, clicks, beeps, whistles and CHEWBACCA bits. Just waiting on a new Mic and I will start recording dialogue...everything form cutscenes to in-game chatter. I'll see if I can get the wife to do Guri or Leia. BTW does Guri have the "bumbling Barbie bimbo" (Reese Witherspoon) voice or a semi-bass like Leia? I will also be completely open to suggestions for new/original ideas as well.
PM me or e-mail me mikegunther1969@aol.com

alternate forum look under Jedi Academy, then SOTE MOD

jedispy
10-31-2004, 10:17 AM
Happy Halloween everyone.

Guri is going to have a voice like 7 of 9. I want it to be a deep alto voice. I have a few sound files that I've extracted from ST Voyager: Elite Force that I will post when I have some more free time later today.

MikeGunther1969
11-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Allright, the wife is definately out of consideration. She is the aforementioned "Barbie bimbo" voice....typical ditzy blonde. As far as the Seven of Nine thing goes, maybe I will stalk Geri Ryan until I get her to marry me.....uh.....I mean record for me.....uh I mean not press charges.......all of the above!!!! (5 minutes later)..Anyhoo, I think my little sister may be more suited to the task as long as she doesn't get a case of stage fright on me.

jedispy
11-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Guri's voice:
Let me try my wife. She's got a pretty mean sounding voice (when she's ticked off) so who knows right? LOL

Here are the 7of9 soundbits that I want to base Guri's voice off of. (Note that the voice is not that of Jeri Ryan, but of the actress who portrays 7of9 in ST:Elite Force)
1 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/01.mp3) 2 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/02.mp3) 3 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/03.mp3) 4 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/04.mp3) 5 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/05.mp3) 6 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/06.mp3) 7 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/07.mp3) 8 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/08.mp3) 9 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/09.mp3) 10 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/10.mp3) 11 (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/guri/concept/11.mp3)

I would like to use the following sounds for weapons in the mod:
(sounds taken from original SOTE game)
Outrider/Falcon Gun Turrets (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/weapons/outgun1.wav)
Proton Torpedo (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/weapons/proton1.wav)
Target Locked on (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/weapons/target_4.wav)
TIE Fighter cannon (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/weapons/tie_cannon.wav)
Turbolasers (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/weapons/trbolasr.wav)

As for lightsabers, we're going to need to sample them from the movies. Luke's lightsaber ignition sounds completely different from normal lightsabers. It's more of a crack-whistle sound. I will try to use my sound card to capture the sound. Vader's is a little different too. I'm not going to throw a huge fit over such a minor detail, but if we can do it, then why not?

Leebo's voice is pretty much done. I have the mp3 files from the original game, so it should be easy enough to use them. There are only a few lines that are missing, and I will see if I can grab those from the cinematic scenes.

Vehicle sounds:
(again, taken from SOTE game)
AT-AT (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/vehicles/ATAT_2.WAV)
AT-ST (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/vehicles/ATST_2.WAV)
TIE Fighter fly by (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/sound/vehicles/TIE_BY1.WAV)

Other than that I just have the dianoga sound clip, but I want to see the DFMod's Dianoga first. (I'm still playing the demo)

jedispy
11-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Well I checked out DFMOD demo (nicely made BTW). I'm not crazy about their dianoga though. Don't get me wrong. It's fine and all for their mod since that is how it is in the original Dark Forces game. However for this mod, I'm really going to need a totally different dianoga.
I see that they used the exact same sounds that I have. I think Lucasarts recycled the dianoga sounds and used them in MOTS and SOTE. I've noticed that they recycled other things as well.

Of course we all know the music is always the same old John Williams music. (I have the benefit of using totally different music from the SOTE soundtrack by Joel McNeely).

They also reused the dianoga and docking bay models from MOTS for SOTE.
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/dianoga_mots 01.jpg
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/dianoga_sote 01.jpg
(The one on top is from MOTS, the one on the bottom is from SOTE).

http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/dockingbaydroid_mots.jpg
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/dockingbaydroid_sote.jpg
(The one on top is from MOTS, the one on the bottom is from SOTE).

So I am now adding the dianoga to my list of models that need to be made.

Still looking for character/creature modelers too.

MikeGunther1969
11-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Jedispy,

I dunno why my emails are bouncing back, must be a glitch w/ aol.
Don't worry about the Lando voice, his will be easy to do. I have been sidelined for a while due to an emergency appendectomy on wednesday 11/3 so I have been laying in bed a lot and enjoying being king of percocetland for the last few days. The good news is once I get over the pain, I will have off some time to record away uninterrupted. Man it is hard to type all doped up on this stuff, so I will go now.

Mike

mikegunther1969@aol.com

mikegtheroofer@comcast.net

MikeGunther1969
11-07-2004, 12:43 PM
SPY,

Sent you an email, hope the links work.
MG

jedispy
11-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Message received.

Been busy lately. I'm working on the Guri skin. It's coming along......sort of.

I've also been working on her .npc file. When she's done, you guys will have to try taking her on one on one. She's FAST!! I'm giving her force jump ability. I figure a HRD with super human strength oughta be able to jump high.

I am currently testing her against powerful enemies. Luke_sote is able to kill Desann, Tavion with scepter, and Tavion with Sith Sword. I am testing to see how Guri fares against such foes.

Like I said, I'm still trying to get the skin right. It's close, but not perfect.

MikeGunther1969
11-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Man oh man, what a difference 2 days make. I was able to go outside for the first time since Wednesday and man has it gotten frikkin' cold all of a sudden!! I am now done with the painkillers too...two days off and counting, not even any tylenol. I hate feeling extremely loopy, unless it it Ice Beer induced, which I have somewhat direct control over the frequency and intensity of the doseage, otherwise forget it. I actually took my boy to the park and shot a little(very) hoops with him today to get him warmed up for the upcoming Pee-wee league basketball season. He looks great!!; leaps and bounds above last year, so my hopes for him are as high as was on the percocet last weekend.

Now, to mod business....after a few lengthy conversations with Ben Blystone (Benevolence) of the DF team, I am going shopping for the microphone this week. I used to have the exact same one I need about (Number deleted to hide age) ago but I sold it with all of my other musical equipment after losing the top 1/4" of my left ring finger in a construction accident, and was no longer able to play due to the extreme sensitivity of the finger tip ...BASS Guitar for those interested. It is the tried and true SHURE SM58, a fantastic piece of equipment, and only costs in the $99-$109 range. I paid $150-200 a piece xx years ago for the same thing. (Ahh yes it sux getting old)

Bottom line......I have the stitches out, I can walk up and down the steps with little to no pain,(computer in the basement with no bathroom, you do the math), so I officially declare myself back in business.

C-ya in about 3 days,
Mike:laughing: :D :laughing: :guiness:

jedispy
11-09-2004, 03:52 PM
I hope things get better real soon for you.

As for me, I'm still working on the Guri model. This one is more than just a skin. It is a totally unique npc altogether. I am trying to find the code that allows kyle_boss.npc to grapple the player. I am coming close to finding it. Once I figure that out, then she will be ready. I am getting a little bit of help from Zappa_0 on finishing the skin part. The first beta version of guri is available here (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/guri.pk3)
The Guri skin is based on this image from Decipher Inc:

http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/guri.jpg

For the most part, I'm REALLY close to getting it right. Just not close enough.
Feel free to download the beta Guri (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/guri.pk3) and test it out. There are a ton of bugs in it though, so don't get your hopes up.

In single player, do the following:
Type helpusobi 1
Hit Enter
Type npc spawn guri
Just a warning, she is fast and hard to kill. May the force be with you....or have mercy on your soul.

Bizzaro
11-09-2004, 07:57 PM
You've got a good thing going!
I can do voices somewhat...I think I can help

(proof?) Check out my work.http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=831

I am available, Bizarro is my a.k.a. (duh I forgot my password)

MikeGunther1969
11-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Went to the mall today to do a little Xmas shopping, and low & behold, a really nice fella' at the local RadShak hooked me up with a new mickeyfone and all the goodies to plug it in to the 'pooter.

I also downloaded a couple of programs for voice editing, and man, does this thing now sound killer!!! There is no static, no hiss, just the right amount of echo...the ol' dungeon makes a really decent studio as luck would have it. I was to the point where I was ready to barter time sweeping the floors for some studio time at my former bandmate's recording studio, but now, I am going to get some real clean voiceovers done HERE. All I really need to do now is burn a copy of the notes (on the printer), and figure out the correct speaking distance from the mic. (we dont want splatter or popping p's)

I feel like a new kid @XMAS!!! SPY, I promise to send you some files next week...LORD wiliin' and the river don't rise. I'll do Lando first so you can see that a tragically white guy like me, can indeed pull off Billy Dee Williams.

jedispy
11-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Sounds like you are having fun.

I am interested in hearing Lando. I am looking for a host for my online FTP server at the moment. When that's done, then you will have a place where you can upload stuff.

...figure out the correct speaking distance from the mic...
Might I recommend a microphone screen? The issue you are talking about is called aspiration. Microphone screens drastically cut down on the pops and such.
http://www.olsenaudio.com/Images/studioPOP.gif
Just do a Google search for more information (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Microphone+%2B+%22pop+screen%22).

As for me, I'm still working on the code for Guri. I am trying to emulate the behavior of kyle_boss. For an example of what I'm talking about, type
helpusobi 1
npc spawn kyle_boss
playerteam enemy

This is general idea of how Guri should act (minus the lightsaber).

TK-425
11-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Well lightninja left me hanging on the weapon models including the BlasTech DLT-20A Laser Rifle(IG-88's gun) model so I have no one to model them:(:disaprove

TK-425
11-12-2004, 05:38 AM
O btw if you want your mod to be very realistic to the star wars universe, the Merr-Sonn PLX-2M missile system does not look like it is supposed to in JA, it is supposed to look like this,
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Ground/Missile.jpg
so you could have somone model it, or once I maybe get somone to model my weapons(if ever) you could use mine.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/TK42235-Untitled1.jpg

MikeGunther1969
11-12-2004, 05:38 AM
I might get one of those so I can scream at the thing just like "The Big Schwag"........"You Gotta Be Kiddin Me!!!!"

MikeGunther1969
11-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Don't forget, now that the DF MOD is out, the team has given permission to the DF2 and SOTE teams to use their models, as long as they get the proper nods in the credits.

On another creative suggestion note...my son came to me with another idea I thought was too good to pass up. He suggests more of a greenish black tint on the dianoga as opposed to the standard fleshy brown. I'm not too sure how this would look when you factor in the color of the sewer water, but I do believe it is worth consideration. I think only time and experimentation will be the true telling factor on this if this change is to be implemented.

TK-425
11-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by MikeGunther1969
Don't forget, now that the DF MOD is out, the team has given permission to the DF2 and SOTE teams to use their models, as long as they get the proper nods in the credits.

On another creative suggestion note...my son came to me with another idea I thought was too good to pass up. He suggests more of a greenish black tint on the dianoga as opposed to the standard fleshy brown. I'm not too sure how this would look when you factor in the color of the sewer water, but I do believe it is worth consideration. I think only time and experimentation will be the true telling factor on this if this change is to be implemented.
The only problem is, is that the none of the models I have just mentioned are in the DFMod.

jedispy
11-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Oh believe you me, there will be models we're going to borrow. Like I said before, I'm not too crazy about their dianoga. I think they did a wonderful job on it for their mod. However for the purposes of our mod, It just isn't going to cut it, or at least in it's current condition.

I might use it if I can animate it differently. Also I need to make it so that it can survive under water.

I'm already borrowing certain models. As I have stated in the game outline:
Kyle Katarn will be making a cameo appearance. Therefore I am going to use Infinity Blade's Kyle Katarn, rather than Raven's

Speaking of Cameo appearances:
Mara Jade is going to make an appearance too. I am using Peretti's Mara Jade model with a modification to the skin. More specifically, I'm using the Agent of the Empire model, changing the hair red, and getting rid of the "belly button" tank top. I also need another Mara model. This one will be of Arica the dancer in Jabba's palace.

Not much else to report at this time. I'm just waiting on the Outrider from Hatrus, and some sounds from Mikegunther1969

jedispy
11-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Vocal casting has begun. I have found a few voices that I really would like to use. I have a friend of mine here in Washington that is perfect for the role of Jix, Vader's hired thug.

I have also found someone to do other voices as well. Bizzaro has made a total conversion for Jedi Outcast. I checked it out, and listened to the sound files he created. I must say that I am impressed. He has done some good voice work. I have recruited him for the voices of Boba Fett and IG-88. If he's up to it, I might have him do Jabba's voice too.

MikeGunther1969 is working on a Lando Calrissian voice (which I'm still waiting to hear:p ).

I may tinker around with a Luke Skywalker voice. But we'll see.

Other key voices that I'm looking for right now are as follows:
Male voices:
Dash Rendar
Prince Xizor
Imperial Officers/Troopers/etc...
Bossk
Zuckuss
C-3PO
Various alien voices

Female voices
Princess Leia
Guri and
Mara Jade as a cameo.

That's all for now.

We are still looking for the following positions to be filled:
*Character Modelers/Skinners
*Object Modelers
*Mappers/Level designers/editors
*Coders

MikeGunther1969
11-16-2004, 09:07 AM
I just sent Jedispy my entire collection of sound effects which may/may not end up being used in the MOD. I am still waiting on a few others from Benevolence of the DF Mod team to finish the set. I am also still trying to find a "clean" Darth Vader breathing to use as a background effect for my Vader voice. All of the ones I have found so far are exactly the same....slight blaster noise in the background. Anyone who can help me with the proper breathing effect please email mikegunther1969@aol.com

For the record, I sent clicks, beeps, whistles, doors, water, glass, electricity, and plent of gunshots and explosions. I also sent some wind, rain, and thunder too. I should have some good base voice recordings sent in by Friday.

Peace,
Mike

MikeGunther1969
11-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Special Thanks to Benevolence.....he sent me some good clean Darth Vader breaths that I was able to sample into a nice steady stream. It sounds very clean, and will the be the perfect base for the Vader voice, whether it gets done by me, Zappa_0, Jedispy, or James Earl Jones Himself.

I will share this with anyone who needs it of course.

Mike

Thrawn42689
11-16-2004, 02:09 PM
I also need another Mara model. This one will be of Arica the dancer in Jabba's palace.

Oooh. :naughty:

Sorry. Anyway, I'm shocked to see someone who can actually write properly on LF. Congratulations. ;) I'd like to help out with this thing, as I really loved the book, but you know...time. :(

MikeGunther1969
11-17-2004, 11:06 AM
I was snooping around today for ideas and came across a SP level done by the author Michael May. It is called Valley of The Sith. The textures and architecture look perfect for the interior sections (non mechanical) of Xizor's palace. Take a look and tell me if I am wrong.

peace

jedispy
11-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Anyone wanting to check out Valley of the Sith can download it here (http://files.massassi.net/levels/jasp/sp_sith_valley.zip).

I'm downloading it now, so I'll see what it's like.

I am currently working on the following:
Skins:
Guri - still trying to get it perfect.
Xizor's Troops - It's looking nice so far, but needs a few more touch ups.
Luke_SOTE - It's on pause right now. It's ALMOST perfect.

Code:
Guri's behavior - I'm so close I can taste it...and it tastes yummy.
Misc crap

Music:
Music - Attempting to contact Composer. Please pray for me. :-)

Recruitment:
Voices - Still looking for good female voices for Leia and Guri. Also looking for a few male voices.
Mappers - I need people who know GTKRadiant and can build maps.
Modelers - Character modelers needed.

Design - Making it not look so crappy. I have made better, but I'm so busy in other things.

Voices - I'm working on a few voices too myself. I need to set a time to go to my buddy's recording studio (a.k.a. apartment).

That's where I am right now.

MikeGunther1969
11-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Taking a small break from recording...here is the progress.

Lando...I've tried and tried, but it ain't happening...I can
do a brotha all day, just not Billy Dee Williams.
I don't want him to sound like a "hood rat" which
I have no problem sounding like, so I 'll farm that
voice out.
Boba Fett... Definately a Major posibility. Going to audition for
the part...we'll see what the boss says.
Jabba...Same as Boba...just trying to get the huttese (curse you
Jedispy for your perfectionism) lol.
Vader...Trying desperately to get it right...My son thinks it's good
But I'm still up in the air about it.
Dash...Auditioning
Xizor...Auditioning
Luke...Nope, My voice is waaaayyy to deep for him.
Threepio...again..nope...same reason
Assorted mugs, thugs and bad guys...auditioning.
I will have my "audition" files sent to the boss this evening for
his review. Hopefully I will hear back with good news soon
enuff!! That's all for now, Back to recording!

Mike

jedispy
11-21-2004, 09:24 PM
A fan (well I'd like to think so at least) recently emailed me and asked if we plan on making anything along the lines of multiplayer in this game. Well......I honestly don't know.

It would be cool if we could have Siege support, but there's already a Hoth Battle Siege map that comes with JA. Also I believe Darth Alex was working on another Battle of Hoth Seige map. (I have no idea how it's going, but our very own Zappa_0 made the video trailer (http://jomovies.homestead.com/www.pcgamemods.com/8420) for it).

As for other Seige possibilities....I just am not sure. I suppose I could recreate the original SOTE final level where Dash Rendar blows up Xizor's Skyhook. I suppose that would work well.

I have no idea what else would make a good seige level from the SOTE storyline. Maybe rescue the princess/blow up Xizor's palace?

Other than that we'd just have the same old FFA, and CTF. Honestly that's been done, and I doubt the JA community will be that interested in it.

We'll see. Perhaps we can do a seige map after we're done with the SP game.

In other news, I'm going to disappear for a short while. I am busily trying to finish my homework for my school this quarter. I have 3 weeks left in the quarter, and my C++ homework is killing me. I wonder if I can just hand in my SOTE code and call it good. Sigh....Not likely. :(

If anyone has any questions, feel free to fill out the E-Mail form (http://www.jedispy.com/contact.html) on my website. Just understand that I will not respond right away.

Otherwise feel free to ask any of the members of the SOTE MOD team and they should be able to assist you.

I will return in approx 3 weeks.

MikeGunther1969
12-01-2004, 08:40 PM
I have been posting around other JA Forums on Gamingforums.com. There were a few early attempts at this project which fell through, so hopefully we can get a map, character, ship etc. or two to get the ball rolling.

MikeGunther1969
12-02-2004, 04:28 PM
OK,

Here's another one from my son. He suggests more tracks throughout his favorite level...Ord Mantel Junkyard. These tracks should have working, running models of the garbage haulers from the Nar Shaddaa Level in JO.

In the swoop bike level, more scenery...particularly banthas grazing in the distance to the right and left.

Hoth Asteroid filed...a quick glimpse of the Millenium Falcon being chased by three TIE Fighters flying by. How about being able to destroy the ISD?

Hoth Battlefield.......once again...a quick glimpse...Luke Skywalker's speeder getting blasted...or even crushed by the AT-AT.

I tell you this kid is a genius.....If only he knew how to map in GTK Radiant for JA (remember he is only 8 yrs old)

Why couldn't we come up with these ideas? SHEEESH!!!

jedispy
12-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Good ideas. I have already thought of the Bantha idea. I plan on having the following for the Tatooine level:
1. Stormtroopers...lots of them. Their aim is going to be pathetic. The code allows for (I believe) 1 to 5, 5 being a sharpshooter like Chewbacca, 1 being a sharp shooter like renouned astro-physicist Stephen Hawking.

2. City folk. Random city folk walking about. I'm probably going to use the hm, hf, rm, and zf jedi models with a sandy reskin.

3. Jawas. Yep that's right. UTINNI!!

4. Sandpeople with sniper rifles (for the Beggar's canyon part)

5. Dewbacks (I have a really good npc vehicle model)

For the Hoth level, I was toying with the idea of:
1. Having a cinematic that occurs between waves of enemies. It's still in concept, but I was going to have rogue leader crash, and take out a walker with a lightsaber and concussion grenade. Dash Rendar doesn't know Luke, so he only refers to him as "Rogue leader."
Dash: "Now that guy's got skill!"

2. NPC fighting action, similar to what we have in the Bespin level of Jedi Outcast. I want Echo base troopers to follow Dash around and die easily (enter Wampas and the like). O.k. my little soapbox now. I HATE Raven's "Rebel Trooper" model. The model itself is nice, but they aren't Rebel troopers. They are members of Alderaan's armed forces. That retarded looking helmet they wear, the funky black vest with circa 1970's pimp silk shirt, yeah, that's the fashion of Alderaan. TRUE Rebel troopers are seen on Hoth (in the defensive perimeter) and on Endor with Han's strike team. So in conclusion, the model I use is NOT going to be rebel.npc. It is going to be something totally different. (I think there is already a Rebel trooper model.)

About the Hoth Asteroid field, I like the idea of having a cameo of the Falcon. I'm not sure about being able to destroy the ISD. I may keep it the same as in SOTE where the player does not actually control the flight path, but rather the gun turrets instead. Perhaps in the skyhook battle I can have it where they can destroy Executor. Who knows. There are several technical problems that must be overcome first (as in how Executor is 12+km in length. I don't think the virtual world can even be that big.

Anyway more to come.....after I'm done with classes.

TK-425
12-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Whare is the rebel trooper you are talking about? You know,.. you could always reskin the Hapslash Hoth trooper when it comes out;)

MikeGunther1969
12-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Jedispy,

Tell us how you really feel about the Rebel Trooper......don't hold anything back this time....lmmfao!!!!

TK-425
12-03-2004, 04:38 PM
What,... are you some kind of shrink now?:lol:

minilogoguy18
12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
as much as i would like to see the executor in a level where you can fly all around it and gaze in awe, radiant cant make a level big enough to hold it and have you seen my out rider yet?
http://www.gamingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21480
im going to add more detail to it since i made it a while back and iv gotten alot better at modeling and ive always wanted to do a star viper theyre awesome but im not a good skinner so if you know someone who is they can do it cause i tried to skin it using the falcon texture and they didnt really fit right maybe ill try again but i love SOTE!

obijon1138
12-03-2004, 05:48 PM
That model looked good, someone should skin that. Not me... (cut-paste-recolor) ...the extent of my skills.

Back to makin' noise again. Found my password!
I am looking into ways to get the breathing machine on Vader to be ambient. I'll help where I can.:D

jedispy
12-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Nice Outrider model. Hatrus was also working on an Outrider model. I was going to use his, but I think he's MIA for the time being. We'll see what happens.

As for the rebel trooper, yes I know I can tend to get onto a soap box. I guess what bugs me is how Raven has a tendency to half-@$$ certain things. Only once did we see the type of "rebel" trooper in ANH, and it was on Tantive IV in the first 5 minutes of the movie. That's it! No more.

Hapslash's rebel trooper is the best I've seen. However I think I once saw an "Endor Trooper" that was essentially one of the commandos on Han Solo's strike force. I will have to see if I can find it.
Either way, this is more what I'm looking for:
http://www.hapslash.com/hothrebs1.jpg
Image taken from http://www.hapslash.com/wip_sw5_hothrebs.html

Obijon1138 (I assume you are Bizzaro.)
One thing I was thinking about with Vader's breathing is to not have it be a sound from the model, but from the actual room itself. It is possible to have "background noise" play as a loop in a room. I may go cheap and do that, rather than try to figure out how to get the model to make the sound. We'll see though.

Just another item to put on my list of todo's. WEEEEEeeeeeee...........

TK-425
12-04-2004, 04:39 AM
Heck those arent even the right rebel troopers. You dont know that Hap is modeling the rebel trooper? And I know what you mean, raven did half do alot of things(and thats the reason for my mod:D)

jedispy
12-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Heck those arent even the right rebel troopers
Heh. Well I believe my words were "this is more what I'm looking for."

Besides, I may want to use these models. They are rebel troopers, and they will be on Hoth. There won't be rebel troopers anywhere else in the SOTE mod. I suppose for the purposes of the game we can call them "Echo Base Troopers." Same thing really though.

My point originally is that the Rebel Troopers are NOT going to be:
http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/premiere/light/images/rebeltrooper.gif
Image taken from http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/premiere/light/images

So back to topic:
*I am awaiting more lines from our vocal artists (like the flashy title?)
*I am waiting for my own voice to get over this @#$% cold. Right now I sound like Darth Vader, breathing included! I am planning on trying the Luke Skywalker voice, but that ain't gonna happen till I get better. I also wanted to try Admiral Piett (who has a brief appearance in the end). I may do other random voices, but I will leave the hardcore voices (Dash Rendar, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Emperor P, etc...) to the guys on the team who have way cool voices.

We are still looking for female voices for:
Leia Organa
Guri
and
Mara Jade - Even though she isn't in SOTE at all, she will make 2 brief appearances in the mod.

*Also, we need mappers. We need mappers deperately!! This mod has lots of great potential, and we've already invested much time and talent. However, let's face it. We can handle crappy models, we can handle poor storyline, lame music, and sucky voices. However without maps for which to play all the above on, this mod is nothing. If experienced mappers are interested in joining up, feel free to contact me via E-mail (http://www.jedispy.com/contact.html) or Private Message (http://www.lucasforums.com/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=75763)

I'm Jedispy and I approve this message.

jedispy
12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
posted by minilogoguy18
as much as i would like to see the executor in a level where you can fly all around it and gaze in awe, radiant cant make a level big enough to hold it
I am aware that the virtual world can't be big enough to contain a 12 km+ ship. I think the format of this level is going to be quite different than in the original game. In the original game, you only go up against an ISD. However in the comics and book, it is Executor that destroys the skyhook. I really feel the need to stay true to the storyline. Therefore I am toying with a few ideas. The one I am most interested in is scaling down the models. Rather than having the standard size models be size X, they can instead be size X/3. This means that the outrider would be 1/3 it's original size. It would require an adjustment to the camera positioning, but if everything is smaller, then it could conceivably be done. Of course, this sounds great and all on paper. Like I said it is merely one idea.

Another is to have it appear as though executor is there, and not permit the player to actually fly around it. I'm not as concerned about that as I am with making the skyhook look believable, as well as the scripting for the TIE Fighters and Xizor's Fighters. Executor is a distant concern compared to these.

Needless to say there is a lot to consider in this mod.

Thanks for the input.

razorace
12-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Actually the easiest way to do the Executor would probably be to make it part of the map. Similar to the way Raven did the Star Destroyer in the SD seige map.

minilogoguy18
12-04-2004, 05:46 PM
but it will still be too big cause the ISD in the destroyer seige took up alot of room and the executor is over eleven times longer but scaling down the models wouldnt be hard just use .ini files like in force mod III and make everything alot smaller so you can have more room to dogfight and i slapped the falcons textures on the outrider it looks okay but it still needs its own textures

razorace
12-05-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm guessing that you never saw that Attack on the Death Star map. It was on that scale and it ran ok.

minilogoguy18
12-05-2004, 02:23 PM
if you mean darthzappa's map i have it and it isnt to scale the trench that they ran down in the movie wasnt even a big one and the main trench or the equator was big enough for a star destryer to fit into unless by the fat chance there is another death star map i dont know about and i never said anything about anything not runnin good i meant my outrider it actally looks decent with the falcons skins on it

jedispy
12-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Attack on Death Star map? I have not seen it. Do you have a URL?

The Star Destroyer seige level is pretty much the type of gameplay that I'm looking for in the space battles of SOTE.

I have 5 levels planned in which space flight is used.

In the escape from Hoth level the player will have control of the gun turrets and missile control rather than flight control.
Further notes are on my website (http://www.jedispy.com/sote/levels.html#3)

On Redezvous Point Encounter, the player controls an X-wing, and has full flight control.
Further notes are on my website (http://www.jedispy.com/sote/levels.html#4)

The Bounty Pursuit level is a little different. Rather than fighting a legion of enemy fighters, the player has to dogfight one-on-one with IG-88.
Further notes are on my website (http://www.jedispy.com/sote/levels.html#5)

The Imperial Freighter Suprosa level is similar to the Rendezvous Point Encounter level, but with a bigger enemy ship, and harder objectives.
Further notes are on my website (http://www.jedispy.com/sote/levels.html#13)

On the Escape from Coruscant level, the player will start out by controlling just the Outrider guns while Leebo pilots. Then when you get close enough to the skyhook, the player take control of the ship. I'm not going to have it where you fly in and take out the generator like in the original game. Something about that bugs me. I would rather see that done in a ROTJ mod (hint hint) where you blow up the Death Star II.
Further notes are on my website (http://www.jedispy.com/sote/levels.html#22)

razorace
12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by minilogoguy18
if you mean darthzappa's map i have it and it isnt to scale the trench that they ran down in the movie wasnt even a big one and the main trench or the equator was big enough for a star destryer to fit into unless by the fat chance there is another death star map i dont know about and i never said anything about anything not runnin good i meant my outrider it actally looks decent with the falcons skins on it

Well, the map never intended to recreate the equator's trench on the death star. But I think the map demenstrates that we can get the scale to look close enough.

And if worst comes to worst, you could just have the Executor battle take place in the background of the map.

The Raitenks
12-06-2004, 06:16 AM
i'm making a new dash rendar model including jetpack and his original blaster, too. one thing though: it was/is designed to be used in a newer game engine, so it might have a bit too much polys.

nothing against kman: the skin rocks as usual (tough he's weeee bit to old imo), it's sniperwolf's model that bugs me... the shoulder pads are to small and the hair to short.

here's a reskin of the old model's head, i made for myself, which looks more like i imagined dash too me, at least:
http://www.picvault.info/images/16871_dashscreen_facenew2.jpg
http://www.picvault.info/images/16872_dashscreen_facenew.jpg
well, the ears are to small and the uvs don't fit together all that well on the second pci, but it wasn't made for public anyways ;)

your concept, besides, looks fairly interesting, i only hope you can do all the stuff you posted on that website of yours.

-rai

minilogoguy18
12-06-2004, 02:28 PM
i found some evidence about having gunners on ships read the falcons veh file that is in assets1 not one that someone made and see the bottom!

minilogoguy18
12-10-2004, 03:51 AM
not to be offensive but you'd have to build a dash model from scratch if you wanted it to look EXACTLY like him. a reskin wouldnt work mainly because there isnt a char in JA that resembles dash in ANY way even if you painted an entirely new face for him. i wanna try because almighty_gir is teaching me how to model human characters which i think are hard. but i defenitely wanna try after that i prob wont wanna make any more SW chars cause ive been wanting to make stuff like MK chars and FF chars.

jedispy
12-10-2004, 06:18 AM
That said, the skin looks VERY good.

Raitenks, I was planning on using sniper wolf's model. I don't know if it will work with his model or not. If you can get me a working model for this skin, then I might use it.

As for other SW models, we're pretty much right were we need to be. There are still a few models we're waiting on. One model I'm really jones-in for is Xizor's troopers. I've tried a few different things, but they aren't really working the way I would like. Firstly I tried making a red skin for the clone troopers. It didn't turn out as I had hoped. I then tried a modification of the red swamp trooper skin....it got ugly. We're talking as ugly as a PT Cruiser. Yeah....THAT bad!!

So anyway, long story short, I need Xizor's troopers. I will post a screenshot of what one looks like (from the original game) later today. I'm at work now, so it's a no go.

The Raitenks
12-10-2004, 11:03 AM
err.... actually, this is the sniper wolf model, with reskinned head and face. that's all, the rest of the textures are kman's. i just did that for myself as kman doesn't permit anyone to use parts of his skins (which i do not do either). and it would suck to release a reskin with just the head skinned and the rest ripped-off.

Originally posted by minilogoguy18
not to be offensive but you'd have to build a dash model from scratch if you wanted it to look EXACTLY like him. a reskin wouldnt work mainly because there isnt a char in JA that resembles dash in ANY way even if you painted an entirely new face for him. i wanna try because almighty_gir is teaching me how to model human characters which i think are hard. but i defenitely wanna try after that i prob wont wanna make any more SW chars cause ive been wanting to make stuff like MK chars and FF chars.

"i'm making a new dash rendar model including jetpack and his original blaster, too. one thing though: it was/is designed to be used in a newer game engine, so it might have a bit too much polys."

--> ppl with the ability or the will to read through EVERYTHING i post are clearly advantaged here ;) of course, i mine, too, does not look JUST like him, but it looks more like him than kman's imo.

-rai

jedispy
12-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Ah yes..I see. I misinterpreted the following statement:
it's sniperwolf's model that bugs me... the shoulder pads are to small and the hair to short.
Thanks for the clarification. I would be happy to check out the skin if you post it online for me. Incidently, I can't remember, but do you know if the model is enabled for facial animations? That's going to be hugely important in doing this mod.

Your jetpack sounds cool. If I could use it, it would be helpful considering it will play a big part in this mod. I am planning on three key levels where the jetpack is needed. Naturally the first two are from the original SOTE game. The third is for a level I added where you (Dash Rendar) and Lando go to Kothlis to free Luke.

Is it possible to get a lower poly-count Rendar Jetpack from you? Otherwise I was planning on just doing a really lame reskin of the mandalorian jetpack. Think of it this way, you would get your name recognition, and you would be contributing to the betterment of the JA community as a whole. And if you don't buy that load of nonsense, I would be eternally grateful (even if I probably could not return the favor ever).

So wadda-ya say?!

In other news, my classes all pretty much end today. That means starting next week I will fire up the old SOTEMOD machine full bore! I plan on going in full throttle! That outta keep those Imperial fighters off our tail!

MikeGunther1969
12-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Anyone have anything for the Faleen Prince yet? I am very interested to see how close the finished product will be to the cover of the novel here (http://) Whoever does it needs to make sure he is a very muscular fellow as described in the book...not some skinny pencil necked geek (Classy Freddie Blassie nod) like say...oh our good friend Skywalker.

Yes, I know the new signature is long.....but I needed a change and it will soon be replaced with something shorter. I promise.

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
12-10-2004, 06:49 PM
hmmm i can tinker around with the aurra sing model if you want?

jedispy
12-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Firstly, Xizor's Trooper model from SOTE game: (edited on 12/11/2004)
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/Xizors%20Troop.jpg

Kman was working on something for Prince Xizor. However I believe hey may have fallen into Shadow. Last I saw him, a big balrog was chasing him. (i.e. He's missing in action until after the Christmas holidays).

Ambiguous movie allusions aside, I'm thinking a totally new model needs to be created for Xizor. He's a species that is totally new to Star Wars (well...was new in 1996) so using current models might not be the best way to go.

I've gotten more responses from people wanting to join the team. I will be getting in contact with each of you soon. Thanks for your input.

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
12-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Firstly, Xizor's model from SOTE game:

I could make a skin like that for the scouttrooper? and edit it a bit(model)

jedispy
12-11-2004, 09:01 AM
When I posted that, I mean to say it was Xizor's Trooper model, not Xizor's model. A 3d rendered version of Xizor does appear in the PC version of SOTE, but it's not very good.

Reskinning the scout trooper....not a bad idea. I tried reskinning the clonetrooper, and for the most part it worked. However it looks cheap. I would like to keep the cheapness to a minimum in this mod.

I think I am from here on out going to give this character a better name. Rather than the cheap sounding "Xizor Trooper" he will now be Black Sun Trooper. I LIKE it!!!!

If you can get me a good Black Sun Trooper skin, then you're on the team. So far this is what I have for the bstrooper:
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/bstrooper.jpg

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
12-11-2004, 09:04 AM
ok expect it in about and hour or 20 min

add me to msn devilmaycryneo@hotmail.com

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
12-11-2004, 09:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dante2090/shot0320.jpg

there he is, tell me if you want me to change anything

jedispy
12-11-2004, 01:23 PM
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/Xizors%20Troop.jpghttp://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/bstrooper02.jpg
Left: Original BS Trooper. Right: *<JO>*Exlan,PL's BS Trooper.

Hmm....not bad...not bad. If I may provide constructive criticism: Watch out! Here it comes!!
*Looks very good. Perfect shade of crimson/red.
*Be mindful of key features such as the face mask. The scout troopers have a black mouthpiece, whereas BS troopers do not. It's red all the way. Of course I'm that picky (I know mikegunther1969 is laughing right now). Could you perhaps make it a slitted screen? Use your judgement.
*Be mindful of the red armor on the arms, legs, and hands.
*It looks like the BSTroopers have a white/light grey torso and belt accessories.

Otherwise, this skin looks great. It's FAR BETTER than my concepts. I like your work. Maybe you can fix my luke_sote skin (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/finished/skins/luke_sote.zip) and
Guri skin (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/finished/skins/guri.zip)

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
12-11-2004, 03:10 PM
sure ill fix your Luke SOTE, and Guri and ill edit my Black Sun trooper a bit

here is the BS_Trooper again!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dante2090/shot0321.jpg

jedispy
12-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Continuing this skinning conversation via PM.

MikeGunther1969 and I have been promoting this mod rather extensively via this forum, and others. I just recently posted a recruitment thread on Force-Temple.com (http://www.force-temple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1617).

We're getting some good responses now from mappers, modellers and skinners. I'm beginning to feel the excitement! As soon as we can get some levels done, then I can see a demo soon to follow.

I will keep you, the community, posted on the latest developments.

MikeGunther1969
12-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by *<JO>*Exlan,PL
hmmm I can tinker around with the aurra sing model if you want?

Damn Good idea!!!...I never gave that a thought in a million years. What do you think Jedispy?
You do realize of course that the boobies have to go bye-bye!!
:D :D :D
Great concept...less chest, more muscle, green skin...I like it!!:laughing: :smoke2: :drink1:
As far as the BS Trooper goes.....2 words came to mind....
....HOLY SCHNIKES!!...That looks really good.....(yes Jedispy I am lauging at the critical statement), but man that looks really friggin' good. I am in agreement about the tweaks with the mouthpiece, but I think that model says Xizor/Black Sun Trooper all the way!!
Sorry about all the Smilies, but the beer is doing wonders for my humorous/creative side tonight!!!

jedispy
12-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Well, it isn't a bad idea. However Kman is planning to work on a whole new model. He told me he is going to work on it after the Christmas season. He just recently moved, so he hasn't had a lot of time to devote to it.

There are a few requirements for Xizor, regardless of which model we use:
1. He must look muscular.

2. 2 Xizor models are needed; 3 skins total. The first Xizor model will be the typical Xizor that wears his Black Sun uniform. The second one will be Xizor in toga for the seduction scene.
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/xizor2%2003.jpg

There is a variation of the skin for this model that is also needed. As Faleen men emit their pheremones, their skin turns from green to pink. The model skin needs to be the same.
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/xizor2%2001.jpghttp://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/xizor2%2002.jpg

3. There are certain biological characteristics that I would like to see. The top knot of hair (which Aurra Sing does have). There is the height (which is actually controlled by the .npc file that I will make). There will of course be the need for facial animations (speech, anger, pain from being kicked in the groin, fear, smiles and smirks, etc...). Another biological characteristic is the spinal alignment (o.k. I admit I may be a tad picky)
For example:
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/xizor%20back.jpg
And let's not forget them big ol' long claw/finger nails.

I'm not opposed to using any existing models as Xizor, but I am curious to see what Kman will bring to the table. Another person suggested using the weequay model for Xizor:
http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/weequay_icon.jpg
That too isn't a bad idea, but I just don't know about it. We're going to have weequay in the game, and I'm afraid Xizor's just going to look like a green weequay. I guess I kind of feel like it would be just like making the green Orion woman dancer from Star Trek. "Oh no, that's not a human woman in green paint. That's an ALIEN!! No really!!! I think I would be more inclined to use a green Aurra Sing (minus the nice female alien mammaries)
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aurrasing/img/movie_bg.jpghttp://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aurrasing/img/eu_bg.jpg

I tell you what, the idea is on the table, but it will wait on back burner until we see what happens with Kman.

M'kay? RRright. Oh yeah Peter, we're gonna need you to come into work on Sunday too. All right? Yeah.....

The Raitenks
12-12-2004, 05:04 AM
what's with all the "use this" and "use that"?? make the models yourself, otherwise your mod won't look as professional as you might want it to. recoloring of existing skins is something you can do with... rats or buckets, but for nothing else, with a mod of that dimension.

-rai

jedispy
12-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Well...that actually was my point. I would rather not reuse one model for another in the case of Prince Xizor. I would prefer to use Kman's when it is done.

In the case of Luke, it would be pointless to do a totally new model. Only a new skin is needed.

Leia/Boushh is perfect. However new Leia models are needed.

Guri will be a reskin of the Leela/Nomi Sunrider model. The model is perfect.

The Dash Rendar model is perfect in my opinion. It's up in the air which skin I will use.

Lando is going to be a potential reskin from the game model. Maybe just a change of clothes. I'm more concerned about the voice.

Chewbacca will be two models. One is with long mane (Major Clod). There will need to be another with a flat top. I am not going to use the model from JA.

Thank you for the input.

JDKnite188
12-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Hmmmm..... want list? What do I want in this mod?

Well, let's see what I can come up with.

Huge SP maps.
Smooth cutscenes and lots of 'em
New weapons, NPCs (especially civilians)
Gameplay that will last for hours upon hours.

Okay, come on, seriously. I would rather be concerned with what can realistically be completed by the mod team than what is dreamed to exist in this mod.

jedispy
12-12-2004, 11:52 AM
O.k. let's have some peace here. The last thing I want is for this thread to turn into a flame war. I know that there are people on lucasforums who love getting their kicks from flaming others. Please, keep this simple thread peaceful. If you want to voice opinions and have them actually count for something, then email (http://www.jedispy.com/contact.html) me.

This thread is intended for people who are interested in this mod to voice their ideas and post questions. Please understand that it's not like EVERYTHING posted here is going to appear in the mod. It is a brainstorming thread.

I understand the limitations of the JA game engine (yes I know it is Quake 3 game engine, but spare me). We're going to do the best we can with what we have to work with. I believe this mod is going to rock when it is done. All I ask is that people hold their judgements until the project is done. If I were rate our percentage of completion, I would say it is around 5-10% total. It is too early to start posting opinions about the mod. Once it is done, if everyone hates it, then I would feel that they have justification for their words.

Again I ask, please keep this thread peaceful. Some ideas presented may sound ridiculous. I do not intend on this mod being low quality in any means. I want this to be as professionally made as possible. It is going to require patience and faith from you, the JA community.

Now with that said, we are currently recording voices and sounds needed for the mod.

A few mappers have signed on board and production will begin in early 2005.

Several skinners have contacted me and production is in progress. A few modelers as well have contacted me. New models will be coming out in early 2005.

I am still working on the music for the game. It will consist mostly of Joel McNeeley's score for Shadows of the Empire. It will also contain some music from the John Williams musical scores.

Once the maps and models are finished, then work on the cinematics will be done.

I am hoping to get a demo ready by end of first quarter 2005. I want to thank everyone for their support of this mod. Keep the faith. Something good is on the horizon.

MikeGunther1969
12-13-2004, 01:36 PM
........uhhh..........yeah..............what he said..........unhhh!!!

Seriously folks, we are working on a very nice project and I do urge you to have a little faith. As far as the limitations of the Q3A engine go, I can only say this...Can anyone here say Colosseum or DF MODS? Check them out again.

The game engine was maximized for rather intense gameplay, very large maps, (sort of) beautiful scenery, great new models. skins, characters, sound effects and music....all in a MOD...yes....a MOD. The game wasn't reinvented by any means, it was just utilized to it's full potential.

Now I don't want to go off on a rant here but,
I am only a 50-50 fan of home-made Levels/MODS because for the most part, they suck....badly....really, really bad. Some are no more than a really nice room or two for saber duelling, while others are just big, entry level maps with little to no textures, poor lighting, bad enemy/weapon/healthpack placement, etc., and absoulutely zero in the challenge/fun factor. What is even worse is, some are small maps with the same lack of eye candy and fun. These Levels/ MODS for the most part, do not suck for their lack of effort, but for the lack of understanding and knowledge of the tools available to the MODDER.

Then suddenly, like a heavenly vision from above, someone (or MOD TEAM) comes out with a truly wonderful, intense, well drawn, well lit, and kick-ass fun factor Level/MOD which fully utilizes the tools given to the MODDER and it's like I've swallowed the red pill and have been awakened from my long life of sleep in the Matrix. Again I must make reference to Colosseum and DF.

With a little luck, some TLC, some TIME (remember we all have full time jobs..I'm 35 with a 55/hr a week job, wife, and kids in sports), and some more luck, THIS will be one of those red pill projects.

Of course that's just the way I see it, I could be wrong.

Mike

:snear: :swear: :violin:

MikeGunther1969
12-16-2004, 06:05 AM
Hmmm.............2 days now and no sarcastic, negative responses to my rant.

The hammer has fallen!!, Case dismissed!!, Court is adjourned!!!

Damn I am sooooooo good !!!!

:) ;) :D :laughing: :yeldance: :rddance: :smoke2: :twogun:

jedispy
12-16-2004, 06:16 AM
Heh. o.k. seriously though, this mod is going to be great when it is done.

And about that, we've had just a few minor setbacks lately. Nothing too major, but it will hold off development until 1/1. This is mostly due to everyone being on Christmas break. I myself will be on vacation from 12/22 - 12/29. My recording crew is going to be gone until 1/1. There are a few other things too....such as my @#$% FTP server being down for the time being. I am looking for a different host in the meantime.

It is my hope right now to get a working SOTE demo released by the end of 1st quarter 2005. I am planning on a 1-2 level demo. I was thinking the first level might be the Battle of Hoth. Level 2 may be one of the other levels (hopefully one with a working jetpack).

More is to follow in the coming weeks.

TK-425
12-16-2004, 07:04 AM
[/img]http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/bstrooper02.jpg
Um, this just looks like a red scout trooper with a neat belt. It needs to be modeled on the legs and the chest plate needs to be skined better.

MikeGunther1969
12-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by TK42235
[/img]http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/bstrooper02.jpg
Um, this just looks like a red scout trooper with a neat belt. It needs to be modeled on the legs and the chest plate needs to be skined better.

Tweaks will be made to the BS Trooper. It will get a new mouthpiece and I'm sure any additional input such as yours will not be overlooked. Such are the reasons for the forums in the first place; we want everyone's input, as long as it is only constructive in purpose toward the finished product.

Thanks a bunch amigo,
MTFBWY!!!

Mike

TK-425
12-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Ok, good:)

Btw, he looks like he is scared in this model.
http://www.picvault.info/images/16872_dashscreen_facenew.jpg

You can use this to remodel the head. Cuz you need to:D
http://www.midnightrevolution.org/backgrounds/misc/sotebg.jpg

MikeGunther1969
12-16-2004, 07:47 AM
I want a full size blow-up of that poster!!!!

jedispy
12-16-2004, 03:06 PM
hrm....good image.....not bad at all. It might make a nice splash screen.
<jedispy's wheels are turning>

As for the BS Trooper skin on the Scout trooper model, it looks great for the most part. I agree that we need to see armor covering the entirety of the arms and legs like in the following pic.
screenshot taken from the original SOTE

minilogoguy18
12-17-2004, 04:54 PM
hey would this model be of any use ive been workin on it the past couple of days...

http://img23.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img23&image=virago3ag.jpg

http://img91.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img91&image=virago22xe.jpg

im skinnin it right now and then ill animate it which aint that hard and its animations will be the same as the 64 games with the blossoming wings and the guns that flip around.

MikeGunther1969
12-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Not bad at all, however it needs wings on the sides and a better canopy. I'm not sure whether the canopy will need to be done with polys or a texture, but the wings on the side can be done as an add-on.

Use this snapshot as a comaparison.

Having said all that, it looks kick ass, and I can't wait to see it textured and animated. Any luck with the Outrider?

Mike

PS.......to all members and curiosity seekers............12th wedding anniversary this weekend, out of town.....see ya late Sunday, or Monday evening at the earliest!!

TK-425
12-18-2004, 04:08 AM
12th wedding anniversary this weekend

Congratulations!

The Raitenks
12-18-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by TK42235
Congratulations!

same here.

well, i'm not part of the mod, nor is this skin intended to match anyone else's expectations than mine XD

well, i AM doing a completely new model though, so stay sharp.

-rai

jedispy
12-18-2004, 09:14 AM
<Jedispy's Jaw Drops>
http://img23.exs.cx/img23/7569/virago3ag.jpg http://img91.exs.cx/img91/8995/virago22xe.jpg

Nicely done. This is the image that I took from Star Wars' website:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/virago/img/eu_bg.jpg

To answer your question, yes this model would be highly useful, both as the Virago and the Black Sun starfighters. (They are the same model)

As for animations, the ship folds up (kind of like the s-foils on an X-wing) during atmospheric flight. I will try to make an animated GIF from the original game footage. (I haven't fired up the ol' GIF animator in a while)

Nice work.

minilogoguy18
12-18-2004, 05:00 PM
i dont need to know how the wings fold cause i have the game;) but the guns i dont quite know how they look when they are folded cause i dont know wheather they point back or if they tuck completely in or not:S and the skin is almost done. as for the outrider i might make a whole new one cause the other one is old and im alot better now. i also kinda modeled it off the top of my head. to answer mikes question, the wings are right its just that the pic you showed they are folded and mine arent. as for the canopy it is modeled exactly right, cause i modeled the entire thing using mutiple pics. the only hard thing was the rear cause i couldnt find a good pic of it.

minilogoguy18
12-18-2004, 05:02 PM
and also can i get those game footage animations cause i have the console version of the game;)

jedispy
12-18-2004, 09:16 PM
I suppose the N64 version does show some footage of it folding. However, In the PC version, one of the cinematic scenes shows Virago coming in for a landing on Xizor's palace. The wings fold in. The animation for the cannons (or is is canons?) has the guns roating from back (aft) to front (bow) when the wings deploy.

I must say, I am impressed. I wish I had your talent. As it is, I just don't have time to learn how to create models. I played with Poser 4 and Bryce 5 once, and loved it. However I was never good enough to make anything close to what you veteran modelers can do. I learned my place, and that's to stay away from modeling.

I will look forward to seeing what else you may offer. I had hoped that Hatrus would provide his Outrider, but he sounds pretty busy with the Terminator mod. I guess best of luck to him on that.

minilogoguy18
12-19-2004, 04:47 AM
im no vet in modelling, ive only been doin it for about 6 months so far. people just say that i leaned fast, the engines are the only thing i need to skin then ill start with the animating. and one more thing, does the star viper have landing gear? or does it just sit on the tips of the folded back wings?

http://img135.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img135&image=starviper6dx.jpg

that is the latest render. there might be some people who think that the skin doesnt do justice but thats the best i can do cause im not a skinner. i am learning though to where i wont have to rely on other people just to get my model done. i went on a couple of sites and found good pics of the outrider so i might completly remake it. it wont take long to model but for that i might need someone else to skin it since i lack in that department.

jedispy
12-20-2004, 06:15 AM
For Outrider, I recommend Scouttrooper. He did a nice job on the AT-AT model by Duncan_10158.

The prototype skin for the Virago looks good. I would like to see the black sun symbol on one or two of the wings. The black sun symbol is shown in the middle of my crappy banner (see my signature).

Looks cool otherwise. Welcome to the team.

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
12-20-2004, 06:45 AM
im not gonna be working on guri for awhile, atleast not untill after Xmas, btw jedispy i want to burn that banner cause heres a rough and not complete new banner for the Mod

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dante2090/Pie.jpg

minilogoguy18
12-20-2004, 02:44 PM
the black sun symbol i made i thought of ive never seen the real one... but the one i made looks cool its kinda like the white magic symbol from that old magic the gathering card game here look...

http://img96.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img96&image=starviper21jt.jpg

and i just noticed the uvs on the right cannon ill fix em. but it is animated and i just gotta do things like make sure the offset is right to where it doesnt spawn half way in the ground. and the bounding box to where theres clipping or you cant get close to it. ill use the tie fighters veh file but give it sheilds and i need to make the efx for debris when it blows up. arent you glad that i know how to do this stuff myself so i can get it done qwick!

TK-425
12-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by *<JO>*Exlan,PL
im not gonna be working on guri for awhile, atleast not untill after Xmas, btw Michael i want to burn that banner cause heres a rough and not complete new banner for the Mod

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dante2090/Pie.jpg
YOU used my banner! It took a whole 7 minutes to look for that! YOU WILL PAY Exlan,PL http://www.combey.com/tjwlm-pg/jpeg-images/angry-stormtrooper.jpg

jedispy
12-20-2004, 07:19 PM
By minilogoguy18
...does the star viper have landing gear? or does it just sit on the tips of the folded back wings?
I believe they do have some sort of a landing gear that deploys when they land. I will try to take a screenshot of the PC cutscenes. It looks cool when the wings fold/unfold.

And yes I know my banner is abysmal. You have to understand...I am lazy! O.k. how does this one look?

http://www.jedispy.com/images/sote/banner.jpg

Actually I can't take any credit for it. I pretty much ripped it off the Lucasarts SOTE site.

minilogoguy18
12-21-2004, 06:04 AM
alright please tell me you know someone who does game animations cause i have a problem. the animatons work in modview but not in JA?! i set up the animation file right they for some reason just dont work. do you know someone who could help me out?

razorace
12-21-2004, 08:03 AM
That's pretty off topic so I suggest you go check out the stickies on that subject in the General Editting forum.

jedispy
12-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Agreed, that is more of a general modding request. However the only animator that I know is LightNinja.

O.k. folks, so this my envolvement is about to take a brief break. I'm going to be going on vacation to Bright (not really), sunny (again not really), and warm (oh @#$% no it ain't) Minnesota. I will be back in 1 week.

We're making great progress. I haven't talked to my mappers in a few days, so we'll see how they're doing after the break.

EDIT: :laughing: Just for you TK42235

TK-425
12-22-2004, 05:38 AM
Agreed, that is more of a general modding request. However the only animator that I know is LightNinja.

O.k. folks, so this my envolvement is about to take a brief break. I'm going to be going on vacation to Bright (not really), sunny (again not really), and warm (oh @#$% no it ain't) Minnesota. I will be back in 1 week.

We're making great progress. I haven't talked to my mappers in a few days, so we'll see how they're doing after the break.
Shut up, I live there.>:(

minilogoguy18
12-22-2004, 06:00 PM
it is not off topic at all because its about the star viper model. its animations dont work in JA for some reason. i set up the cfg file correctly but it just doesnt work. and i did post for some help in JA modelling but no one replied.

MikeGunther1969
12-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Attention team members, modders, and Lucasforum members

The holidays are almost over, so is my sinus infection, ( I am sure Jedispy can identify with that!!!), and my voice is almost back to normal for recording dialogue.

Recording will commence again an Jan 4th, and I will begin to learn new, more valuable skills to help the team along.

The FTP site is back up and running again, so keep the files coming!!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
2005 will kick ass in the MOD Community. Just think DF Completed, DF2JK in the works, and SOTE. Is that a good forthcoming year or what?

C-Ya in 2k5
Mike

jedispy
01-03-2005, 06:38 AM
Ugh....I'm totally freaking sick. My new year celebration included thermometers that didn't go below 100 F, Nyquil, and lots of Tylenol. I have a massive flu. Flying back from MN there was a passenger on the flight who threw up. Thanks to recirculated air, there are about 200 people that landed in Portland OR carrying the flu bug. So once again I am out of commission until I get better.

My computer took a dump lately. Good news is that I figured out the problem. My power source decided to commit suicide (I'm still looking for the suicide letter, but homocide has been ruled out.) I pulled my second power source from my Linux box. Sadly all my SOTEMOD files are on that machine. So I'm off to the computer store either today or tommorrow to get another ATX power supply.

WEEE!!!!

So how's everyone else doing?

MikeGunther1969
01-03-2005, 03:46 PM

The FTP site is back up and running again, so keep the files coming!!

All is not lost!!! Kinda makes me think I should burn everything to CD for just such an emergency!!:D

MikeGunther1969
01-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Getting back to the MOD biz slowly but surely, I had to go get a new vehicle after 13 years. My truck crapped out on me, so I rewarded myself with a nice shiny new Chevy Silverado 4x4!!:D

Hey Spy....feeling any better? You haven't posted or updated the site in a while. Get well soon !!!

Mike

Edit...Damn...we're up to 5 pages!!!

TK-425
01-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah, he hasnt even read my PMs yet.

jedispy
01-11-2005, 03:12 PM
I am still here. I am mostly recooperated from my ailment. Nasty bugger.

I'm in the middle of updating the news on the website. I do want to let everyone know that the ball is still rolling, and we're making awesome progress.

Right now I'm working on finishing the individual character scripts. If you guys would like a peek, click here (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/scripts/). When my voice is a little better, I'm going to attempt to record my selected lines.

I'm also hoping to get a php or perl script up and running in which other SOTEMOD team members can log in and add their own 2 cents (yeah that's right, we're talkin' AMERICAN currency here dude!!!)

More coming on the website (http://www.jedispy.com/sotemod).

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
01-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Im back! and with a cut thumb aswell:( ,Anyways ill be using my schools computer to record my voice and upload it to a floppy and ill send my voice samples for dash to ya jedispy

*guris looking smashingly good now*

jedispy
01-12-2005, 06:27 AM
Ooh! Me wanna see Guri. I will PM you with the ftp server info.

I'm still trying to crack the code for getting Guri to work properly. I am close.....oh baby am I close. Anyway I will be happy to have a good working skin. I started it, but mine just didn't look right.

I will be ecstatic once we have more character voices recorded. Zappa_0 is trying to recruit female voices for the mod. If anyone knows of any females that might be interested, please pass on the word!!!!!

I am Jedispy and I approve this message

Nokill
01-12-2005, 08:30 AM
i know some girls only its Zappa_0 :o

erm... i don't know any girls :D

TK-425
01-12-2005, 02:18 PM
I am Jedispy and I approve this message
I am TK42235 and I approve that approval

jedispy
01-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Just checking in, seeing how everyone is doing. I have no real progress to report at this time. My soundcard decided to follow the Black Eyed Peas' hit song and get retarded. So I'm having a hard time recording right now. Ironic thing is that this same thing seems to have happened to the members of the V&S team (voice and sound).

Anyway I need to tweak my card a little in order to make it work. In the meantime I may do some analog recording with my buddy's 4 track recorder, and then xfer it to digital media. We'll see.

We are on the advent of something awesome with this mod. We will release more as son as we have some substantive material.

I hope everyone is doing well on their projects.

TK-425
01-18-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm doing well on my project!

MikeGunther1969
01-22-2005, 02:36 PM
First....Just Checking in...still here..alive and kicking. I have been working waaayyy too much lately, (begin rant) and when I Come home, the last thing I want to look at is the dreaded "black box", for the simple reason that it seems all I have been doing at work lately is flying the damn computer for 10 hours at a time.(end rant)

The ol' black box however is not without certain benefits. The sound card in this thing was/is primo for it's day...a SANTA CRUZ TURTLE BEACH DSP THX CERTIFIED (arrgh arrgh arrgh) card. It is supported by a Dolby Pro-Logic/Digital 4.1 Altec Lansing 150 watt surround system, which when proplery used in shooter games, (Soldier of Fortune..shotgun rules!!!) can and does knock pictures off of the walls. It is however, not without it's faults.

SoundBlaster emulation is 50% at best, (coupled with WINXP, it is horrible on older games) and it was a bitch to get configured for proper voice recording. However, once I got a decent .wav recording program, and a good microphone....sweet bliss!! (Just ask Jedispy, I swear it sounds like I am recording in a studio) I am thinking of switching to the SB Audigy Z card for better gaming sounds, but this thing is so tuned in right now, I don't want to chance it.

SPY, I hope you get your machines fixed, and I get some more time off to finish dialogue. Let me know if you need more background sound EFX, or specific sound EFX as well.

I haven't given much thought to level design lately, but I still think the Xizor's Palace still needs to be totally redesigned. As ideas come to me , I will pass them on.

More to come soon,

MG

MikeGunther1969
01-26-2005, 08:40 PM
After hearing Jedispy's auditions for voiceovers, I can honestly say 2 out of 3 ain't friggin' bad at all.

Luke Skywalker....While not quite Mark Hamill...damn close...not bad at all. Tone and pitch are perfect, and I think you even have the feeling and attitude right in the voice. I wonder what it would be like to hear you bitching to your Uncle Owen about having to go to Toshi Station pick up some power converters....thumbs up!!

Han Solo...once again...not quite Harrison Ford, but pretty friggin' close ..Voice was good, just needs the "attitude" Tone and pitch were dead on, just needs more of Han's smartass rogue space pirate attitude.....thumbs up on that one too!!

Admiral Piett....mmmm so so.....The british , snotty accent (is that even PC?...Who friggin cares? HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!) is a little off, and the voice needs more bass. It also needed more of an obedient soldier, sucking up to the Commander In Chief/Boss kind of feel. There was no urgency. I may try that one myself and we can compare snotty tea-drinking brit voices (LMMFAO!!).

Final note, Your recording equipment is very primo, very nice clean sounds. Whatever problems you had, you fixed....or your buddy's 4 track (TASCAM?) does the job. One of the two I'm sure.

I nominate Jedispy for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo...pending House of Representatives, and Senate Confirmation hearings!!
You got my vote dude !!!!

jedispy
01-27-2005, 06:36 AM
LOL. Well also keep in mind that it is an audition.

I was playing with a Lando voice....let's just say it stunk up the place.

Just a quick note on the side. Things are still going well. I haven't received anything from my mappers yet, so still nothing to show off. They tell me that something should pop up soon. <Jedispy bites nails>

We will keep you posted.

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
01-28-2005, 12:04 PM
well i got my new computer and it came with a microphone sooo.... Ill be trying out for Dash Rendar

KMan
01-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Decided I'd poke my nose in here, and let you know where I am.

Xizor- I haven't done anything on him other than collect reference images. I've been busy lately at work, so haven't had much free time to work on side projects. I've mostly been waiting to see some real progress before actually doing some worthwhile work. I'm still going to do him, it just isn't really needed right now. All of his cutscene animations can be done without the model, so there is no real rush.

If you want me to make some map textures, those would take me no time at all to bang out a few. I've been doing this alot at work, so I've gotten the motions down for pumping them out quickly.

Also sounds like you are having issues with Guri. Trying to make her look like a woman... mind if I take a stab at her sometime? :D

jedispy
01-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Stabbing an HRD. I'd like to see that. O.k. bad joke.

Yeah things have been slow lately. My time has been spent mostly recording. I'm trying to do the Luke and Han voices. Han has only 3 lines (thank goodness). I admit that he doesn't sound much like Harrison Ford. Oh well what can you expect with a $0 budget? As for luke, like Mike said, it doesn't sound a lot like Mark Hamill. Of course I will try to make them sound better. Once I have the lines and sound perfected, I will post them here.

Piett has turned out to be a little more difficult than originally thought. It's hard to have him say "Yes my lord" and yet not have him sound like the peasants in Warcraft 2. (Yesh me load.....whut ees it? Why do you keep touching me?). More practice is needed.

I am going to try a stab at the Lando voice, if not for anything else other than getting a good hearty laugh. I'm trying to track down some good voice changing software. That will help fix things alot. (such as making Mike's C-3PO voice higher in pitch). There was one demo I was checking out. I was playing with the idea of raising my voice (a deep baritone/bass voice) to a more feminine sounding voice (i.e. the voice for Guri). It sounded kind of cool, but the idea of playing a female character did creep me out. It wasn't anything that ESPN Sports Center couldn't cure however.

By the way, we are STILL looking for mappers. Is there anyone interested in helping out? I had a few people who were going to help, but they seem to have disappeared. Really, this mod is going to totally rule if we can finish it. However without mappers we're really just a bunch of guys kidding ourselves. I'm willing to begin to learn how to do it myself, but I'd rather see what an experienced person can do. Help is indeed wanted in this area.

Also thanks to all the guys that are helping out already. Although we're not as far along as we'd like to be, we've come a long way. Thanks a ton. Rest assured, once we've made solid ground on this mod, the JA public is going to love it!! Let's make 2005 the year!!

mikenike07054
02-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey man, i just emailed you about mapping (Possessedclown64@hotmail.com) and wanted to know what you would like me to start on. I have a bunch of good programs for this sort of stuff. I cant distribute them to you of course, but if you need to edit sound stuff, just send me the sound files and i can edit it to your liking. Same thing for video stuff. My Screename for AOL is possessedclown64, thanks

jedispy
02-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the edit mikenike07054

O.k. folks. We're making ground. As I stated in my last post, we're still recording. Add a little tweaking to things, and we'll get there soon enough.

We have now officially entered the next phase of development: The Demo Phase.

Right now, tentatively of course, we are planning on releasing a 3 level demo of the SOTE Mod. The rough date for this release is April 1 2005. With a lot of work, we're hoping to get it ready.

Before that time we're also planning on releasing a trailer for you guys too (did you get that Zappa_0??)

On my website, I will soon update it with more information. Until then, get excited because something big is about to head this way!!

Zappa_0
02-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Yea just keep me updated.

MikeGunther1969
02-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Anyone here ever play Rebel Strike for the Gamecube?

If you play Hoth in the 2 player vs mode, there are these huge Imperial transports which drop AT-AT's, and AT-ST's. My son and I were thinking these could somehow possibly be included in the level, being another target at which to shoot, or just a simple background animation, whichever the designers prefer. The transports could carry 1 AT-AT, or 3 AT-ST's Sorry, I don't have any pics to show off or link to....yet

We were also thinking of 2 or 3 Mon-Calamari transports in the background as eye candy, along with the previously mentioned trenches, cave, and shield generators.

He is also working on a bird's eye view map to submit. Once completed, I will scan it and send to to Jedispy...only for consideration. It actually doesn't look bad for the artwork of an 8-yr old.

I really don't know who wants to play this worse, him or me!!!

Later Folks!!!

Zappa_0
02-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Sounds cool, I think hatrus was making some mon calimari ships awhile back. It wouldnt hurt to ask him about it.

MikeGunther1969
02-12-2005, 05:53 PM
F--- Duke!!!

Go Terps!!!

Kurgan
02-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the edit mikenike07054

O.k. folks. We're making ground. As I stated in my last post, we're still recording. Add a little tweaking to things, and we'll get there soon enough.

We have now officially entered the next phase of development: The Demo Phase.

Right now, tentatively of course, we are planning on releasing a 3 level demo of the SOTE Mod. The rough date for this release is April 1 2005. With a lot of work, we're hoping to get it ready.

Before that time we're also planning on releasing a trailer for you guys too (did you get that Zappa_0??)

On my website, I will soon update it with more information. Until then, get excited because something big is about to head this way!!

Somebody will think it's an April Fool's Joke. ; )

MikeGunther1969
02-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Yo SPY!!

Kurgan is right....April 2 would be much better. I was a sucker/victim to the DF Mod Team joke last year. I was one of the fortunate hopefuls who thought LEC grabbed up all the DF stuff to do a re-release until I saw the April Fool's joke.

There....I amidit it.....I got suckered

Oh and BTW...

MD 99
DUKE 92 How friggin sweeeeeeeet it is!!!!!!

Duck Fuke

Later,
MG

jedispy
02-13-2005, 09:46 PM
LOL. O.k. O.k.

I hadn't thought about that. O.k. we're shootin' for a non-April fooling 2nd of the month demo release....unless the joke's on us and we're not ready. However we'll see what can be done. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high. Right now, pretty much everything rests on what the mappers can accomplish in that timeframe. This has been out biggest delay thus far, not having any serious mappers until recently. Now that we have a few people working on it, things are starting to look brighter.

I'll keep you posted as things develop.

So....vocal team......how are those recordings coming?? <snicker, snicker>

Zappa_0
02-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Sounds Good :D

Zappa_0
02-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Sounds Good :D

LightNinja
02-14-2005, 01:49 PM
nice double post to get 1800 ;), btw jedyspy i dont understand your PMs cuz you never answer my answers to your PMs :S

Zappa_0
02-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Didnt mean to double post not my fault, more like the servers fault!:mad:

mikenike07054
02-15-2005, 12:24 PM
MMkay, this is kind of weird me asking this since i am a mapper. I am having many problems using EasyGen. I tried to get the fabled GTKGensurf, but could not get it(thats why its fabled). I'm working on the Dune sea for the Demo, and i really need to have hills on the sides, could anyone possibly help me out by making the hills, or telling me how to use it. thanks alot

mikenike07054
02-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Ok i figured out how to use it, and its a very simple program, just have to figure out how to do the .shader thing, really ahve no idea, but ill figure it out, thanks alot

jedispy
02-16-2005, 06:47 AM
It's all good. Right now I'm working on more detailed notes for what the level should have. (yes I'm up to level 12 now.)

I'll pass those along to you. If you need screenshots from the original SOTE, let me know.

mikenike07054
02-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Hey, i figured out how to use gensurf, but whenever i convert my maps into .maps, they wont load up, it maybe because of too many triangles, but what the hell is gensurf for than anyway. Radiant cant make big Simple Patch Meshes, and it cant load the .map files up from Gensurf. Ive been doing this for like a week and a half now, and havent gotten anywhere on the dune sea, cause i cant even get the Base done so that it looks realistic. The only way i could see this working if one of you could make a couple of models of hills and rough terrain that i could use. Any help would be just great, the faster i can get the terrain down, then i can move onto detail around the level. thanks alot

jedispy
02-20-2005, 12:55 PM
mikenike07054
I'm sending you some information that I hope will help.

Recording is coming along. I'm getting more and more auditions. This is good. We still have plenty of voices to fill, so keep 'em coming.

Not a whole lot else to say at this point.

MikeGunther1969
02-22-2005, 08:54 PM
I left a message with SPY....all is well, but busy as hell. I will check back in a week or so.

Keep on banging away.....and show me the screenies!!

Mike

mikenike07054
02-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Hey Jedispy, its been like a week and you still havent sent whatever it was that you were gonna send me, just makin sure you dint forget or anything, ill be waiting......

jedispy
03-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Well things have been slow lately. Our mappers tell me that things are going along fine. Today being 3/7/2005, I'm not certain that we'll make the 4/2/2005 demo goal. Of course I will still keep cracking the whip.

In the meantime I've been playing with scripting in hopes that I will have a working map in which to place it. While wearing that hat, I am still working on recording. My soundcard took a dump again, so that's been on back burner for about a week. I have a few skinning items that I'm working on. The Black Sun trooper is nearly completed. It works well. I even managed to figure out how to get him to jump on a swoop and ride it. Of course that's irrelevant and will not be used in the game, but it sure was fun to do.

I've been trying to recruit more modellers as well for some remaining character models.

Finally, the one remaining hat I am wearing is redoing the website. Only the news section is done now, but soon it will support other members being able to run their updates.

PHEW!!!!!

Oh well lunch break is over, and I need to get back to the front lines of the battlefield.

mikenike07054
03-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey, one of your mappers here. Im not putting any pics up of the Dune Sea map, since thers not much to see, like im not sure what to put, so i just made a bunch of trenches and little bumps all over the place. If you want the bsp, just post here, or email me saying you want it and i can email it to you. One of my questions was also wether or not you are going to make the speeder a little bit faster, kind of like on a permenant boost or something, since the game speeder is really slow, and whenver it hits a bump in my map it like slows down or stops. Im not sure what you want to do with that. So just email me or post here if you want the .bsp file so that you can tell me what needs to be added and taken away, thanks alot!

MikeGunther1969
03-07-2005, 11:59 PM
The most important part of the Dune Sea Map, IMHO, is the canyon leading from Mos Eisley to Ben Kenobi's hovel. The level should start out as sort of a maze/chase through the city streets of Mos Eisley, eventually funneling into a very dangerous, twisty, turning canyon with ramps to ride up , Sarlaac pits at the end of the ramps which need to be cleared (jumped), or the level restarts at the begining of the canyon. The turns need to be sharp and dangerous enough to have to get in and out of the throttles, yet you will stil need a good enough straightawy to clear (jump) the Sarlaac pits. Backgroud scenery in the canyon should include Banthas, Dewbacks, Tusken Raiders, Jawas, and their massive Sandcrawlers.

The canyon itself should be somewhat shallow (20-30 meters deep) for two reasons:

1...Because it is the same way in the original game.
2...It will be easier on you as far as laying down shadows on
the textures. The suns are set around high noon in this level.

Mos Eisley needs to look like......well......Mos Eisley, plain and simple. There are enough textures available in the game of JA to do an adequate job, just be creative. You should have to twist and turn around crowds, avoid being shot at by Stormtroopers for speeding through town, and zigzag through alleys and streets. The city portion of the map needs to be difficult, not impossible, but needs to have the feel of a busy city. Think sort of a cross between Episode 1, Mos Espa, and Episode 4 (DVD) Mos Eisley.

I hope any of these suggestions are helpful enough for any enhancements for your map/level design.

Mike Gunther

mikenike07054
03-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Yea actually me, and jedispy talked about it and we said that we were gonna make 3 seperate levels. One of Mos Eisley, one of the Dune Sea, and one of Beggars Canyon. So if we are still going with that, then all of the levels will be pretty big, making one big level. We said for the demo that we would release the Dune Sea level. I'm just doin what he told me. But for Mos Eisley im gonna need, NPC rontos, a couple of different kind of aliens (Rodians, Niktos, maybe some Devronians, and some Kitnotaks(or something like that)) if you need picutres of these guys i can get them for you. I also think someone needs to remodel the swoop, since in the SOTE game the swoop is alot bigger compared to Dash then it is in the Jedi Academy game. Thats all i have to say, if you guys want to see what th majority thinks, or if jedispy wants the mos eisley level to be joined with dune sea, thats fine. Ill only do what im told...

jedispy
03-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Straight up. We're so far thinking that the Beggar's canyon chase level is going to be 3 seperate maps, kind of like the first level in Jedi Outcast (taspir???). Anyway, this level needs to be big.

correction, as Zappa_0 points out in the next post, the first level in JO is Kejim

We're still hammering out the details of course.

I'm thinking that the swoops will not have any cannons to them. With that said, I may give Dash a blaster to hold and fire. He does this in the book and comics, but not the original game. The JA engine supports it, so we'll see what we can do. Dash will not be able to dismount the swoop. It kind of defeats the purpose of the level. The idea is that he has to get to luke before the others do.

So far it sounds like the mapping is coming along. i will start getting some scripts together. I've been dabbling with code recently, and I think this is going to really turn out well.

Zappa_0
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Kejim. The 1st level was Kejim. Sounds good!

MikeGunther1969
03-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Wow....6 pages.....whoodathunkit?

MikeGunther1969
03-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Good idea breaking it up into 3 maps. I remember reading that the DF Team actually wanted more enemies and dead bodies in the Talay level , but hit their absoulute NPC limit causing them to still be a little on the light side of enemies and bodies, not to mention being extremely critical of whereabouts to place them inside the level in the first place. By using the 3-level breakup, you can actually have a whole buttlaod of NPC's in the city of Mos Eisley, Beggar's Canyon on the walls of the canyon itself, and the same goes for the Dune Sea background.

For some good ideas on backgrounds, I highly recommend you play Rebel Assault 2, and 3 on the gamecube. You may not be able to access/hack the discs for textures, but the desert levels will definately get the creative juices flowing a little bit. I also recommend these games for inspriration on the HOTH levels.

Battlefront is a great source of creative inspiration too!!

MG

mikenike07054
03-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Yea i got those, those game have excellent backgrounds, and the levels on the swoop bikes for Rebel Assault are amazing, there only like 5-15.00 each used so i would recommend you pick them up as well.

mikenike07054
03-10-2005, 10:55 AM

mikenike07054
03-10-2005, 10:55 AM

jedispy
03-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Ahem...hey mikenike07054, you double posted with blank posts. Might wanna delete those.

Anyway, we're going to have a few levels like that where we have to split things up into different maps. It's going to save time/resources for the player. Rather than have a 1/2 hour wait time while one fricking huge level loads, we're going to make them smaller. Same goes for npcs.

I've been playing another Raven classic, Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. I know I know. The very mention of Trek here is sacrelige. However the game itself was well made. It's interesting how Raven made that game vs. Jedi Outcast/Academy. Outcast & Academy support quasi large maps. Elite Force has relatively small maps. In the starship itself, they have 1 map for each floor. It's kind of annoying. If it were made for JA, I could see having most of the ship as one workable map. Granted the two games have entirely different SDKs, but the overall concept is the same. Both are on Q3 game engine.

With that said, I have to laugh at Raven sometimes. They totally reused code from Elite Force. For example, each npc has a .npc file. Each npc has a class that fits them. I think Kyle Katarn's class is Katarn (or something like that). The blue bartender guy (can't remember name or species....i'm ill today) is part of the class "bartender." There are some though that have class "Klingon." Hrm....oh I get it. Maybe this is the era where they had smooth foreheads?!?!

There are other places where I see subtle references to Star Trek. Yep, it's official. Anyone who loves Jedi Outcast/Academy is an unwitting Trek fan.

back to the mod
I can't wait to see what the mappers have. Keep up the good work boys!

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
03-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Well after awhile of being out of action, Ive completed guri awhile ago, and need to transfer her over to my new computer this weekend. Ive been recording some Dash rendar lines for the mod
(Oh how i hope i get the part ^_~) anyways, expect some major updates from me soon!

mikenike07054
03-11-2005, 11:03 AM
lol, yea i know jedispy i pressed enter too many times i posted the same thing. i dont know how to delete it so i just edited it to a ","

mikenike07054
03-11-2005, 11:04 AM
it happened again....

coupes.
03-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Press the http://www.lucasforums.com/images/edit.gif button !

MikeGunther1969
03-13-2005, 08:16 PM
I just found out that one of the guys at ILM placed the Milienium Falcon in the Borg/Federation space battle in Star Trek - First Contact. After further review, I can neither confirm nor deny such alleged reports. Maybe I need one of those new fangled RBFHDTV sets in order to spot it.

TK-425
03-13-2005, 09:41 PM
I just found out that one of the guys at ILM placed the Milienium Falcon in the Borg/Federation space battle in Star Trek - First Contact. After further review, I can neither confirm nor deny such alleged reports. Maybe I need one of those new fangled RBFHDTV sets in order to spot it. Maybe jedispy should buy one for you:p

jedispy
03-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Well we're coming up on the April 2 deadline, and it doesn't look likely that we're going to have our 3 level demo ready. So we're pushing
the launch date back a little. I would like to say May 1, but with people's busy schedules, it looks more like we'll be watching Episode 3
first.

In regards to go live dates, a couple things are up in the air at this point in time. We may decide to make it a 1 level demo first, then 3
level later (just like DFMOD). We may or may not have a trailer before hand. Really....up in the air.

But we progress along as usual. I'm working to wrap up Luke's vocal recording. I am done with Admiral Piett, Zuckuss, and Han Solo. I may
also add random enemy voices Stormtrooper/Black Sun trooper/Rebel trooper, bounty hunters, etc...). I'm still waiting for the other vocal team members to give me Palpatine, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Xizor, Dash
Rendar, Bossk, and others. We're wrapping up a few skins for models, and waiting on a few new models too. I'm the main tester so far, so I'll keep you all updated on what I get.

*<JO>*Exlan,PL
03-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Well I lost the guri so, im gonna redo her again.

Ive almost finished recording my samples for dash rendar....Pick me Jedispy pick me!

Zappa_0
03-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Sounds interesting.

Antizac
03-24-2005, 06:00 AM
Soooooooooo.....

...Just Curious....

...um...

...Any of the following characters, taken?

- Darth Vader
- Emperor Palpatine
- Lando Calrissian
- Han Solo
- Jabba the Hutt
Possibly:
- Jix

I know someone who can do all those, spot-on...
(Maybe not Han Solo - but damn close)

MikeGunther1969
03-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Still Going here....but dreadfully slow....Had a death in the family and trying to cope, get affairs in order, that sort of thing. I wanted to have Xizor, Jabba, and Dash done by now, but no luck.

Real bummer,, but on the bright side, my tolerance to alcohol and bullshyt is nearing an all time high. Freidrich Neiche (or G. Gordon Liddy) says, "That which does not kill you, can only serve to make you stronger".......I'm feelin like I must be pretty friggin solid right now...yeah right!!!

See ya in a week or so, after all of this blows over.

PS screenies anyone?

jedispy
03-24-2005, 11:29 PM
I hear you on that. You've had a lot happen, so that's why you don't hear the whip cracking. Seriously Mike, take care of your family business first, and don't worry about this silly little project. It's going to be a cool mod, but it's secondary to real life.

Anyway, back to bizniss for me.
...Any of the following characters, taken?
Well officially most anything is open. MikeGunther1969 does a really good Xizor and Dash. (Exlan, feel free to still send me your Dash stuff.) Obijon was doing an awesome Emperor Palpatine voice, and a really good Boba Fett, but seems to have disappeared recently.

Jabba is still kind of up in the air. I haven't had much for Jabba content. Of course he's perhaps a little hard to do since he really needs to sound like he does in ROTJ. I also have written out the Huttese. Trying to make him a little authentic, maybe bring a tear to Mr. Lucas' eyes.

Open voices:
Darth Vader - Was thinking of doing it myself, but I'm doing too many voices already
Lando - Nobody seems to want to touch this one. I've been trying to practice a working Billy Dee Williams impression, but it's weak.
Leia - We need female voices, period.
Guri - See above

I personally have done Admiral Piett, Zuckuss, Luke Skywalker, and Han Solo. I admit that my Harrison Ford impression isn't that hot. If anyone can do Han's voice better than me, then have at it.
Jedispy's Han Solo Sample (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/han/han%2003.wav)

MikeGunther1969
03-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Dude, your Skywalker and Solo are both better than the LEC imitators...stop punishing yourself. I swear you are your own worst critic....lmfao!!!

I wish I could do Billy Dee Williams, but all I ever end up with is "Superfly" sounding stuff; really over the top brotha impersonations. I'm thinking of kidnapping Geri Ryan so she can, do the female voices for us, then do ......(use your imagination here)....for me; you know cooking cleaning, laundry, dishes...etc...:D :laughing: :yeldance: :wazup: :drink1:

obijon1138
03-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Obijon was doing an awesome Emperor Palpatine voice, and a really good Boba Fett, but seems to have disappeared recently.
[/B]

Nah...still here. You never know what 'ol Palpy will do next....

jedispy
03-31-2005, 12:01 AM
I was bored the other day, and some vocal inspiration hit me. This is Xizor's naval commander:
#1 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/bscommander/bscommander01.wav)
#2 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/bscommander/bscommander02.wav)
#3 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/bscommander/bscommander03.wav) - This one is my fav.

So I've been playing the original SOTE game in Jedi mode lately. All I can say is #@$% it's hard!! I've never personally seen the allegid secret ending. I've not decided yet if I will have such a secret ending.

If I do, it will contain:
Dash is alive and well after the skyhook is destroyed. When Luke and gang thought the Outrider was destroyed, Dash actually made an escape via hyperspace.

EDIT: O.k. it's working now.

jdumber2k
04-06-2005, 02:09 PM
wait is that actually what happened?

jedispy
04-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Well if you are referring to the spoiler I posted, I don't really know. It is up in the air. If I can beat the game and see the alleged hidden ending, then I will know for sure. I'm going to use FRAPS to record it if I can. Since SW video games count as EU (well, the ones that have a plot do, excluding SW Rebellion and such), then I think it's fair to say that this really happened.

Anywho, we've now got an actress filling in for the Guri role. She's got a cool, yet kind of creepy voice.

Guri Sample (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/guri/guri%2028.mp3)

We're still accepting auditions for other vocal characters as well.

kessno11
04-07-2005, 01:09 PM
What I did to get the hidden ending was,

1: beat the game on medium difficulty

2: when skyhook turns red and you're still inside of it, keep flying and make it out of the arm! Let the credits play, At the end you'll see a hidden ending.

Hope that helped.

jedispy
04-07-2005, 05:44 PM
beat the game on medium difficulty
Medium?! That would be nice. I'm trying to play it on Jedi, and it's @#$% impossible. So I'm at the...
point where you fight Boba Fett. I can beat him easily. However, Slave 1 takes me to town.
I'm getting tired of dying all the time. I can't wait to make it for this mod. LOL!!!!

Hopefully I can play on medium and get the ending I want. If not....then curse that @#$% game.

{EDIT #1}
Well....beating it on medium does not provide a hidden ending. (at least not for PC). Can anyone provide screenshots and/or dialogue details for the ending? I had a buddy once who claimed there was a secret ending where...
Dash and Han race each other in their ships after the events of ROTJ

{EDIT #2}
O.k. I've got more info now. Mercenary has provided a nice treat. He has a savegame in sote for 169 lives, all levels unlocked, and Jedi difficulty. Nice!! I'll have to check it out. I played it a little bit earlier, and I didn't see the ending. It may be later on in the credits, but also could just be in the N64 version. It's o.k. though if that's the case. I still appreciate the hard work Mercenary did.

In my random web surfing adventures, I stumbled upon an interesting spoiler, which may be my best lead yet:
taken from http://www.world-of-video-games.com/n64/game_endings/star_wars_shadows_empire.shtml
At the end it shows the Outrider in hyperspace. Leebo doesn't understand why Dash is so happy about everyone thinking he's dead. He says, "Well one, Xizor's sent every thug in the galaxy after us but if we're dead, who's gonna be looking? And second, it's nice to be remembered as a martyr and still be alive!" Then credits.

I'm now looking for screenshots to confirm this. Since it is unlikely that I'm going to play through the game on medium level on N64, I may just have to take their word on it. If anyone has screenshots, it is greatly appreciated.

mikenike07054
04-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Howdi Everyone,

I've been in contact with Jedispy about Xizor's Palace, I'll place a couple screenshots up here as soon as some rooms look perfect. The one problem I'm running into is Textures. I told Jedispy this earlier. I am so terrible with photoshp, everytime I make a texture, it never looks like its repeating and/or its like a flourescent light, and its like so bright you can't see. So if anyone that is skilled with textures, and has played in Xizor's Palace and know what the textures look like, please send me an email and send me some .jpgs. Also Jedispy said the BS Trooper for Xizor's Palace has already been made so if anyone can send me that, or give me a link as where to get it, that would be great,

Thanks Alot!
Mike Banks:fett:

jedispy
04-14-2005, 12:09 PM
I've seen mikenike07054's work so far on this level, and let me say it is NICE.

I'll get the bstrooper over to you later after I get off work.
(stupid work!!!!! Always interrupts the important stuff I have to do. LOL)

MikeGunther1969
04-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Spy,

Why don't you send him the pics from Harry Potter I gave you? They would be perfect ref pics for the sewers....I no longer have them...cleaning misc files and games for more speed. Hard to believe, but my PC is turning 5 in June...had to move some stuff to keep the ol' girl running. I may treat mysel to a new one soon if the $$$ is right. The DELL package deals are tempting at around $1100 until you add the Klipsch sound system. What can I say? I LOVE it L O U D...MAYBE I'LL EMAIL KISS AND SEE IF THEY'LL WRITE A SONG WITH THAT TITLE!!!!

jedispy
04-15-2005, 01:02 PM
A good idea Mike. We'll need a texture guy to help with that. mikenike07054 said he's just putting in some temporary textures.

The harry potter textures would be more fitting for the sewer level/first chamber of Xizor's palace. For the rest of it, it should look more like something a Faleen would have for decoration. Still, a good idea. I think I have the pics somewhere in my computer at home (I'm at suck @$$ work now.)

mikenike07054
04-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Yea, i was planning on doing that. The original game made his whole palace look like a freakin sewer. After reading up on how Falleen's act, and what their like, I know a little bit more about how they would live. After i make the first few rooms sewerish, I'm going to start to make his Palace very decorative, with ornate designs and stuff. Since i read that Falleens are like really sexy, lol, I'm guessing he would have almost like a shagpad, and that is why i plan to make everything look lavish and expensive. Btw, i don't really nee textures from harry potter. I just need someone to make replicas of the textures(if thats not illegal) or ones very similar so i can get the lower level to look perfect. However if you guys think you want to make it look different, its your mod....Oh and one more thing, im kind of bad with these things, but the ftp server, i don't know whats going on lol, i dont know how to use it so sorry if i can't use it like everyone else...
-Thanks Alot

jedispy
04-18-2005, 02:40 AM
mmmm....Faleen Shag Shack. I LIKE IT!! For the seduction scene, we can have Xizor asking Leia "Do my pheremones make you horny baby? Randy??"

I sent you the bstrooper zip file. You'll need to pk3 it (just rename the file extension from .zip to .pk3). I have numerous screenshots of this level if you want them (about 200+).

Hrm....I wonder how our other levels are turning out.

mikenike07054
04-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Ok, thanksIgot it, i turned it into .pk3. It's probably bad that one of the few mappers that you have doesn't know how to do this but, how do i get him on the NPC_list in Radiant? And did you make an arena file and everything? Cause i cant get him in MP.

-Thanks alot

jedispy
04-19-2005, 12:05 PM
PMing you on that question.

As for the models in the SOTE MOD, I have not given them MP support. It's not hard to do (just make the bot files, etc...). I just don't really see making any MP maps of the sote mod. If anyone else wants to make a siege level, or what have you, feel free to have at it.

Maybe after we're done with the SP missions, a MP mod can be made. I'm more concerned with the SP. Single player is better than no player.

mikenike07054
04-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Yea, but like I said, I can't get them into Single Player. Have you tested them? Whenever I put in the entity
window "NPC_bstrooper" it does'nt work. When I load up it says, "Cannot load G2_model" or something similar. So I tried doing it in console "NPC spawn bstrooper" and it gave me same error, but a storm trooper spawned, so its like half the file works, lol, just not the other, I've re-copied it a couple of times. ANy help would be Scrumtrelescent.
-Thanks Alot
Mr. Mike P. Banks

GrayFox814
04-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Hey Jedispy, i sent you an email via your site asking if i could be Xizor and here is my voice sample.
I could not find any script of Xizors lines so i recited part of the conversation between Jabba nad Xizor.

Here is the original part of the conversation from the book on tape.

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/Xizor%20wavv.wav

Here is mine.

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/Me%20as%20Xizor.wav

I could change the pitch on it if ya like.

Well hope you pick me :).

jedispy
04-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Cool. At first I thought it was the same recording. Nice job. I like the intonation and emphases. Also, you made him sound polished like a businessman.

One thing to note. For non-human characters, I am aiming for accents different than British/US. It seems that native speakers of Galactic Basic either sound like they are from Britain & Ireland, or from different parts of the US (han, leia, & luke sound like from northern states, and Red Leader in ANH is from the south.)

I also think the russian/eastern european accent has been done too much. I like how the Nemoidians sound Asian. It's way freaking cool. Gungans sound...well I'm not sure how to describe it. I would imagine that Faleens would sound foreign too (again by foreign I mean non-native English speaking. My apology to any that this may offend). I think this is the one thing that pisses me off the most about Star Trek. "Hi, I'm an alien from the Gamma quadrant. Yes we call it that even though we don't have any foreknowledge of the Greek alphabet. Also notice that I speak in your accent perfectly!!" Boy I'm glad it's being taken off the air. Anyway, back to topic.

Preferred accents to try:
*German
*French
*Carribean
*Afrikaan
*etc...

Further SOTE MOD Xizor Notes:
http://www.jedispy.com/sote/characters.html#xizor
http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/scripts/xizor.htm

GrayFox814
04-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I see what you mean about the English accent. I printed out the lines and i was trying out a spanish type accent. Think of Antonio Banderas (sp?) mixed with my earlier recording. I'm at school right now so i cant record it and post it but when I get home, i'll put it up. I'll also try a couple different accents. Also, i can help editing the music and voices if ya want. Just tell me what ya need and i'll help to the best of my abilities.

[EDIT]I could also do the voice for the emperor if ya want but i think ya might have someone doing him already. I'll post a clip up when i get home.

Also, i noticed in the Script for Xizor that he asks Guri( i think), "Also, I would like to speak with Jabba the Hutt. Have him come here by the fastest ship; I would speak to him personally."
But you have no conversation b/t Jabba and Xizor. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose or if the sialogue was just over looked.

jedispy
04-29-2005, 06:18 PM
But you have no conversation b/t Jabba and Xizor. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose or if the sialogue was just over looked.

A keen observation. It is actually intentional. For purposes of making the game interesting (a.k.a. not making the player sit too long between levels) certain parts of the story had to be cut. For example, on Gall, I have it where...
[spoiler]Boba Fett stumbles upon 4-LOM and others trying to capture Han Solo. What I do not show is that Fett was being held in a shoot out with Bossk, Zuckuss, and others.[/spoilers]

I figured it should be fine to do, since in the first place the story was purposely fragmented. The novel, comics, and game all contained certain elements that differed from the overall synopsis.

So to answer the question, yes it was intentional.

GrayFox814
04-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Ah i see. So you're doing the same thing they did when SOTE was originally released. Ya have to read the book to understand it all lol.

Well i have to try and find the Comic, book, and the game lol.

GOin home in like 15 mins so i'll put up the voice samples ASAP.

[Edit]
Hey i have an idea about the Space battles. WHat you could do is, for example, boba fett fight with the hounds tooth, you could make the Slave one small (i think you can do it in the veh file ((they did it in the force council hq v2)) and have a hound's tooth that is smaller than the actual one but about the same size as the regular slave 1 or something of the sort. Just an idea.

GrayFox814
04-29-2005, 09:49 PM
http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/Vader%20has%20no%20love%20for%20me.mp3

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/Xizor%20takeover.mp3

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/vader%20partner.mp3

Here are a few samples of my Xizor. I tried to do a german accent but i dont know if its good or not. Actually it came out more French than german lol.

I'm actually gonna try more for a french accent and i'll post the french files up asap.

GrayFox814
04-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Well here are all f XIzors lines recorded to a Frenchesque accent. Event the grunts and roans. Now these are nto final but just a samlple lol. Enjoy

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/xizors%20lines.mp3

jedispy
04-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Reviewing now. I will PM you.

Lots of people have asked me lately if anything is still happening here. Don't worry folks. We're still moving along. Things are just a little busy right now pretty much for everyone involved. However, we're still cracking. No word yet on when we can see a demo out, but to quote DFMOD, "it will be done WID."

Has anyone heard from minilogoguy18?? He was going to provide the Outrider and Star Vipers. All of a sudden he's disappeared.

Any other reports from team members??

MikeGunther1969
04-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Things are just a little busy right now pretty much for everyone involved. However, we're still cracking.

No kidding.....as a millwork (doors, windows, trim) salesperson for Lowes, this is my busiest season. Spring is where the $$$ is and all the hours get used to make the $$$. Add 3 little league games/practices a week to that, and I hardly have time for my computer any more. My microphone has dust on it...it has threatened to leave me and go out to L.A. and try out for American Idol if I don't get up off my a$$ and Resume/Finish my recording of characters again. ( it also has a possible future in a Motley Crue Tribute band, but those plans are just beginning to take any possible shape..I'll have to get a new Warlock Bass, Amp, and a new Nikki Sixx wig) See ya in a week or so, keep up the good work, and please send me a screen capture or two, I am interested in the level design/architecture at this point.

Mike Gunther
Voices, Creative Input dude, and lazy Beer Drinking Slob of the bunch.

Edit....I need to get a new quote for my signature!!!

MikeGunther1969
05-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Xizor with a French accent? hahahahaaaaaaa I love it.can anyone say...Marovingian?

jedispy
05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Well It's more of a fake euro-alien accent. Our Guri actress is almost done with her lines. It's sounding pretty cool. I combined it with the xizor lines that GrayFox814 recorded....wow....it's cool.

To actually have a working conversation in the mod.....so sweet.

So right now we're waiting on:
Dash - MikeGunther1969
Emperor Palpatine - obijon1138
Boba Fett - obijon1138
Luke - Me
Guri - Jedi_Molly
Misc other voices too.

Also, has anyone heard from minilogoguy18?? I have tried to PM him, but there's never a response. His Outrider and Star Viper are totally excellent!!

Weirdbeard
05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm looking forward to checking this out, but I have a fear that I might not be able to. I know I am not the only one that this has happened to but because of all the DLs I have added to my Jedi Academy folder for MP gaming, I am unable to play the SP version anymore. Does anyone know why or how this happened to me?? Or what I can do to fix it? I'm thinking it was the JA+ Client side plug in that massed with the SP version. I've never tried a mod so I dont know if that will correct my problem or what. Any insight would be cool.

razorace
05-12-2005, 12:40 PM
reinstall your game.

Weirdbeard
05-12-2005, 05:41 PM
If I do that wont I lose everything I've downloaded?

jedispy
05-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Not relevant to this thread, but if you uninstall the game, anything that is not registered in the windows registry will be left there in the folder. However that may or may not fix your problem. I recommend going to the appropriate thread for that (I don't know which thread that is off hand though)

Anyway, I wanted to announce that vocal recording is done for Luke and Guri. Thanks to Jedi_Molly, we have our first female character completed vocally. Now we just need recordings for Leia and
Mara Jade

Luke's lines are done. There are a few that I will need to redo, but for the most part they are done. I decided to have some fun and combine the lines into a conversation. I also threw in a narrator voice to describe what happens in the scene.
Warning: The link below is a spoiler!!!
Luke & Guri conversation (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/luke_guri.mp3)

Also, I wanted to take a crack at the Lando voice. (SHREIK!!!! PH3@R!!!!)
Here are my sample recordings. Be serious and fair. I kind of laughed at them myself. I will not be offended:
Lando 01 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/lando/lando01.wav)
Lando 02 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/lando/lando03.wav)
Lando 03 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/lando/lando06.wav)
Lando 04 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/lando/lando13.wav)
Lando 05 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/lando/lando15.wav)
Lando 06 (http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/sound/characters/lando/lando21.wav)