PDA

View Full Version : What is the First KOTOR:TSL Presiege Class you want to play?

RedHawke
08-19-2004, 06:43 AM
The 6 Presiege Classes will be;

1. LS, Jedi Master
2. DS, Sith Lord
3. LS, Jedi Weapon Master
4. DS, Sith Marauder
5. LS, Jedi Watchman
6. DS, Sith Assassin

So which of the Prestiege Classes will you aspire to first in KOTOR:TSL?

Mine will be, obviously, the Sith Lord class the first time through, then possibly the Jedi Master class for my second time through.

:emperor: :ben:

Sorry Achillies I thought I would restart the Thread Properly with a Poll! :D

Crowy
08-19-2004, 07:18 AM
i went sith marauder cause it sounds cool, but since i voted like 10 seconds ago my mind has changed several times

Morgan_Hearst
08-19-2004, 08:02 AM
I play through as lightside first and go for Jedi Master.

I actually found it difficult to play darkside, at first, in KOTOR. I guess I was brain ewashed by all the good gu stuff in the original Star Wars as a child :D

Any ideas on what a Jedi Watchman is? Have they based these on PnP Star Wars or are they made up by Obsidian?

Prime
08-19-2004, 09:39 AM
I'll likely be playing a weapon master.

Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst
Any ideas on what a Jedi Watchman is? I believe Obi-Wan is an example of a watchman. Sort of an investigator type...

Have they based these on PnP Star Wars or are they made up by Obsidian? I believe so. IIRC there are Jedi Master and weapon master classes in that...

Achilles
08-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Sorry Achillies I thought I would restart the Thread Properly with a Poll! :D

Grrr...all that hard work :mad: Yeah, no so much, huh?:D

Even though my original response has been deleted, it remains the same: my first play through will be LS Sentinel/Watchman.

Achilles
08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Any ideas on what a Jedi Watchman is?
Here's the skinny on all of the prestige classes:

For Light Side players, the prestige classes include:

Jedi Master: (Consular-type) Regenerates force power more quickly, and can inspire companions and followers.

Jedi Watchman: (Sentinel-type) Generally super abilities with the force and control over the lightsaber.

Jedi Weapon Master: (Guardian-type) Lightsaber deflection and pain threshold increased, and does more saber damage.

Dark Side Prestige Classes include:

Sith Assassin: Mastery of stealth and camouflage.

Sith Lord: Mastery of corrupting the wills of others.

Sith Marauder: Mastery of weapons and increased pain threshold.

nacho35
08-19-2004, 11:57 AM
I voted for Sith Marauder, but I am sure I will save my game right before the choice and use that as a starting point. So, 1 hour I might be playing as a marauder and the next hour---who knows?

Hiroki
08-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Jedi Weapons Master. Gotta love the saber. :D

Achilles
08-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by nacho35
I voted for Sith Marauder, but I am sure I will save my game right before the choice and use that as a starting point. So, 1 hour I might be playing as a marauder and the next hour---who knows?

Err..that's what they have a New Game button for :D

Just like KotOR, certain base classes align with other specialty classes, therefore mixing and matching at the point you mentioned might not be the best way to see what each class is truely capable of.

Just my opinion :)

Darth333
08-19-2004, 02:20 PM
I'll flip a coin in the air, catch it (I hope), and then depending whether it has come up heads or tails it will be Jedi Master or Sith Lord :D ... I would need to do it now in order to be able to vote :( Anyone has a coin? (it doesn't work with bills)

Venom750
08-19-2004, 03:07 PM
I will be a jedi wepons master first and then we'll see who can stand against the true power of the jedi

Tysplo
08-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Jedi Weapon Master, to go with my Jedi Graurdian character.

FiEND_138
08-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Jedi Master, unless the lure of the dark sides stronger in this game than the last , then Sith Lord ;)

Hiroki
08-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Oh, but it is! *watches the Force Crush animation again* Heh heh.

Achilles
08-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
Oh, but it is! *watches the Force Crush animation again* Heh heh.

Thus far all the cool new force powers they've talked about seem to be either DS or neutral. I'm hoping that we get some info on new LS force powers before the game comes out.

Darth333
08-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Thus far all the cool new force powers they've talked about seem to be either DS or neutral. I'm hoping that we get some info on new LS force powers before the game comes out.
Don't worry, if they forgot anything we'll make them :D looks like they added my mind trick force power :p

FiEND_138
08-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
*watches the Force Crush animation again*

Ooooooo force crush....Snap Crrraaaaccckkk!!!!
*Rushes off to watch the trailer again*

Rogue9dlb
08-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Jedi Watchman and then Sith Lord.

Achilles
08-19-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Rogue9dlb
Jedi Watchman and then Sith Lord.

Interesting progression...

Can't decide if I'll play weapon-master or one of the DS classes the second time through.

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 12:53 AM
So... The Jedi Weapon Master and Jedi Watchman seem to be the most popular... Interesting! :D

FiEND_138
08-20-2004, 02:06 AM
^^
Indeed. I expected to see more of a turn out for Sith Lord & Jedi Master, myself.

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
^^
Indeed. I expected to see more of a turn out for Sith Lord & Jedi Master, myself.

I know... just to be able to Identify yourself in dialogues as Sith Lord (Dark Lord of the Sith) or Jedi Master would be so cool! After all... technically we never went above a lousy padawan rank in KOTOR.

And FiEND that is also the exact order I'm going to play them in TSL as well! :D

Sith Lord :emperor: :lightning

-then-

Jedi Master :ben: :yodac:

Achilles
08-20-2004, 02:32 AM
^^

Personally, I'm going to have to hold my judgement until I've actually played, but I'll tell you right now that the DS classes look like they're going to suck.

For instance, Sith Assassin emphasizes stealth, a skill that was practically worthless in KotOR. Again, I know I'm jumping the gun, but they will have had to have worked their butts off to make that skill worth anything.

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Personally, I'm going to have to hold my judgement until I've actually played, but I'll tell you right now that the DS classes look like they're going to suck.

For instance, Sith Assassin emphasizes stealth, a skill that was practically worthless in KotOR. Again, I know I'm jumping the gun, but they will have had to have worked their butts off to make that skill worth anything.

I believe that was meant to be that way... from a purely Pnp RPG view... let me elaborate. :D

It is possible that the Sith Prestiege classes arent getting as many benefits as the Jedi ones because of the dark force powers are really strong, and to balance that out the Jedi classes would need to rely on strong class bonuses, skills, and tactics to survive.

To me that kind of goes with both of the philosophies of Star Wars force using peoples the Sith and Jedi. The Sith would have powerful DS force powers, and not very many extra class benefits, and the Jedi would have more powerful classes and the more passive and defensive LS force powers.

Just my 2 cents! :D

FiEND_138
08-20-2004, 06:04 AM
Sith Lord :emperor: :lightning

-then-

Jedi Master :ben: :yodac:

:liam :yodac:
Then
:emperor: :lightning:
Unless they fixed my complaint with the representation of the DS, or the story just pulls me that way. :yoda4 Hmmmmmm....

RedHawke
08-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Unless they fixed my complaint with the representation of the DS, or the story just pulls me that way.

You mean the lunch credit stealing punk Sith, I hope they change that as well! :D

If TSL has the Punky Credit Stealing Sith then I'll just have to become a Sith Lord to teach them all a lesson in manners!
:lightning

Prime
08-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Presumably you can cross select the prestige classes? i.e. You can be a guardian and then select Jedi Master?

Sivy
08-20-2004, 11:05 AM
yeah, i think that's how it works.
you start as either a Guardian, Consular or Sentinel, with basic force powers. then at some point in the game you get to level-up as one of the new classes.

i think weapon master will be the first one i'll try.

Achilles
08-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Presumably you can cross select the prestige classes? i.e. You can be a guardian and then select Jedi Master?

You can, but the prestige classes will line up like the jedi classes in KotOR. So just like soldier/Guardian made the most sense in KotOR, Guardian/Weapon-Master is the logical (LS) progression in TSL.

kome566
08-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Omgz why am i always the oddball . . . :( :( :( Sith Assassin all da way...and maybe the marauderer...I prefer to call it the Sith Murderer . . but it sounds like I kill the Sith :D :D :D

Master A'zuren
08-21-2004, 08:39 PM
I would play as sith lord. go dark side

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 01:30 AM
I see the Jedi Weapon Master is the most popular. I would have thought the Jedi Master would have been more popular. Once again very interesting! :D

kome566
08-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Its amazing when one word put inbetween two words changes the whole thing :D :D

FiEND_138
08-22-2004, 01:41 AM
^^
ROFL... Indeed.

In the same boat as RedHawke, guess I'll try Weapons Master my 3rd playthrough, before Marauder....

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by kome566
Its amazing when one word put inbetween two words changes the whole thing :D :D

:rofl: Indeed! :D

I'm with you FiEND looks like the Weapon Master My 3rd or 4th time through.

Achilles
08-22-2004, 02:16 AM
I see the Jedi Weapon Master is the most popular. I would have thought the Jedi Master would have been more popular. Once again very interesting! :D
I personally think everyone just wants to be Mace Windu :D

Gotta love the Guardian-like classes, but I'm finding the Sentinels kick more butt than they get credit for. Besides, alegedly, Obi-Wan was a Jedi Watchman and who doesn't know that he rocks? :)

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 02:34 AM
I personally think everyone just wants to be Mace Windu :D

LOL!!! :D Well he did have the coolest jedi lightsabre! :D

Gotta love the Guardian-like classes, but I'm finding the Sentinels kick more butt than they get credit for. Besides, alegedly, Obi-Wan was a Jedi Watchman and who doesn't know that he rocks? :)

I also like the Jedi Sentinel, it is the class I select most, unless I'm testing something.

Which is why, due to your input about the Jedi Watchman, that I'll probably go with that one once I get Sith Lord and Jedi Master out of my system! :D

I agree Obi-Wan "Ben" is pretty cool! :D What I find most interesting and cool on GL part with the prequels is Watching the Fighting styles EM uses through the movies he has been in so far, Padawan Obi-Wan was really reckless and his sabre fighting showed it, Master Obi-Wan was a lot more confident and capable with his sabre, though he did show off a little killing the Acklee, twirling his saber before doing it in, I am interested in seeing his style mature toward AG "Ben" Kinobi style in ANH because Older "Ben" Kinobi fought really conservatively, and could have held off Vader for a very long time, and even possibly won the duel, but it was not his destiny.

deathdisco
08-23-2004, 11:34 AM
I am interested in seeing his style mature toward AG "Ben" Kinobi style in ANH because Older "Ben" Kinobi fought really conservatively, and could have held off Vader for a very long time, and even possibly won the duel, but it was not his destiny.

I would think that much of that was due the fact that you had one guy up in years and another in a cumbersome suite. If the special effects were better in '77 they would have super-imposed Obi's head on to someone nimble a'la Count Dooku in AOTC. I do believe Ben was toying with Vader to buy Luke enough time to get off the Death Star.

On the subject of sword styles, do you think Anakin/Vader will do a lot of one handed saber work? I first noticed a lot of this in ESB. Again it could just be being stuck in the suit that developed the fighting style.

As far as the new classes in TSL, I usually go for the guardian types so I would start with that. Then try out the rest of them. Although I've never played a full game as a soldier for my base class in KOTOR. The feats are nice but no skills at all. I need my Persuade, Repair, and Treat Injury skills.

FiEND_138
08-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by deathdisco
On the subject of sword styles, do you think Anakin/Vader will do a lot of one handed saber work? I first noticed a lot of this in ESB. Again it could just be being stuck in the suit that developed the fighting style.

Hmmm... maybe I should spoiler this...
In the 'back in black' video that was floatin around a while back & 1 of the hyperspace vids a friend sent me, there was a bit of Anakin bustin out with his 1 armed stuff. Of course it could have been just because of the punches being thrown, but he was using that style of his, a little bit.

jedi_5002
08-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Here's the skinny on all of the prestige classes:

Jedi Watchman: (Sentinel-type) Generally super abilities with the force and control over the lightsaber.

I picked the Jedi Watchman because of the desription Achillies gave for it

:fett:

RedHawke
08-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Hmmm... maybe I should spoiler this...
In the 'back in black' video that was floatin around a while back & 1 of the hyperspace vids a friend sent me, there was a bit of Anakin bustin out with his 1 armed stuff. Of course it could have been just because of the punches being thrown, but he was using that style of his, a little bit.

That's interesting FiEND. :D

JEDI_MASTA
08-27-2004, 02:13 AM
... the lure of the dark side was allways too strong, i mean you can give those annoying little critters to the guy on manaan.

and agreeing with hk47 is the bomb

RedHawke
08-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Well It appears the clear winner of the new prestiege classes is the Jedi Weapon Master, with Jedi Watchman and Sith Lord tied for second.

Hmm... :D

Achilles
08-31-2004, 09:32 PM
Well It appears the clear winner of the new prestiege classes is the Jedi Weapon Master, with Jedi Watchman and Sith Lord tied for second.

Hmm... :D
Jedi Watchman pwnz all!!!111

RedHawke
08-31-2004, 10:03 PM

I am coming to a similar conclusion myself. :D

Still I'm keeping my self open for either the Sith Lord (Of Course) if I'm darkside, but if the game has me going lightside the first time through I have changed from Jedi Master, the first LS choice for me now would most definately be a Jedi Watchman. :D

illuzion69
08-31-2004, 11:57 PM
Well I would have to go with the jedi weapons master first, but second I would have to get medieval with the sith marauder :devburn:

Prime
09-01-2004, 06:43 AM
Weapon Master is winning!

RedHawke
09-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Weapon Master is winning!

And the Sith Lord and Jedi Watchman are gaining.

*Crosses Fingers*

:D

Achilles
09-03-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to vote "I'm not getting KOTOR:TSL" so that we can boo them off the forum :D

Mav
09-04-2004, 12:08 AM
You really shouldn't even have to ask me.... Jedi Weapons Master

*Atris*
09-04-2004, 07:04 AM
i want to be one that hasnt been revealed yet

RedHawke
09-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by lowiej
i want to be one that hasnt been revealed yet

??? :confused: ???

One that hasn't been revealed yet? :eyeraise:

lowiej are you holding out on us? :D

I have not heard anything about a hidden Prestiege Class, but, for me, that wouldn't be the first time.

jedi3112
09-05-2004, 09:18 AM
I think the weapon master or his Sith counterpart, depending on what path I'll take. I think it would be the logical choice for a guardian.

Mav
09-05-2004, 04:47 PM

what is the meaning of this word pwnz? I see it all the time and I losely translate it as being... the best, or will dominate, and the like I never actually found out what it really means?

kome566
09-05-2004, 06:19 PM
slang for own... i consider it to be the evolved word of it :D *Accidently clicks The Im Not Getting Kotor:TSL button* *Or Was It on Purpose?!* :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :cry6::( :(

Achilles
09-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
what is the meaning of this word pwnz? I see it all the time and I losely translate it as being... the best, or will dominate, and the like I never actually found out what it really means? What kind of teenager are you? Every self-respecting computer user knows at least a little leet :D

3y3 h4x0r j00!!111
4Ch1||3z pwnz 4||!!!111

DarthBuzzard
09-05-2004, 08:14 PM
4CHIlL35, $Top haXoriNG mY L3eT 5KilL5! bUzz@Rd PWn$ yOU!
:D

Pwns = owns, kicks @$$, you get the picture. What are you, new to the internet or something!? pfft...Go play an FPS and even if you don't want them too, your l33t skills will improve and then you can understand us :D

RedHawke
09-05-2004, 10:18 PM
^^^^
Please, people... enough with the l33t speak already... I'm staring to feel I'm on the Battle.net forums again. *shudders*

J/K :D ... Or not! :eyeraise:

90SK
09-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Wow, this is new! I had no idea I could start out as a Sith Lord! Its too bad I'm too soft hearted to play on the DS. I actually switched off my Computer's power when I decided to play the DS ending, and Carth was like, "Where's Jolee and Juhani?". :( I still ended up playing it, I just skipped all the diolaug.

Jedi_Revan
09-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Sith Marauder cuz I'm hoping they put some crazy lightsaber moves.

FiEND_138
09-20-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to vote "I'm not getting KOTOR:TSL" so that we can boo them off the forum

Bwahahahhahahahahah!!!!!

F13/\/D pW/\/$ j00 n00b!!11!!....ummm yeah.

Jedi_Revan
09-20-2004, 11:55 PM
l33t talk is so two years ago.

Achilles
09-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Revan
l33t talk is so two years ago. Hmm...judging by your signature line, you usually don't concern yourself with correct usage of the English language. Why the sudden change? :D

FiEND_138
09-21-2004, 12:27 AM
^^^
RoFLmAO!!!!!!!!!! :animelol:

JediLiberator
09-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Jedi Guardian + Jedi Master. Think Skywalker at the end of TUF in the NJO ;).

RedHawke
09-24-2004, 05:27 AM
Hmm...judging by your signature line, you usually don't concern yourself with correct usage of the English language. Why the sudden change? :D

:rofl: RLMAO!!! :rofl:

I can't wait for that Sith Lord feeling! :lightning

Hem Droid
10-02-2004, 05:33 PM
I know this thread is a bit crusty, but I'd like to vote anyway.

In the last game, I was a Light Side Jedi Consular first, then a Dark Side Jedi Guardian.

This time, I'm going to start of Dark Side and then be Light Side. I'll be a Sith Lord first, and a Jedi Master next.

90SK
10-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Heh, one of the fun things about being a Sith Lord is now "Darth" or "Lord" can be put in front of your PC's name with good reason. Like, now I can play as "Lord Skye" or "Darth Skye" and people will notice! Come on february...:jab:

RedHawke
10-02-2004, 08:34 PM
^^^^
Actually, I hope that once you choose a prestiege class it will give you a title in front of your name in line with the class you have chosen, like 'Darth' for the Sith, and 'Master' for Jedi, that would be really cool, and not too difficult to do either. :D

OfficerDonNZ
10-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Most likely Jedi Sentinel/Jedi watchman :) I've never yet played DS in kotor! beileve it or not. Light Side Mastery every game LOL

UrchSr
10-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Jedi Watchman... Best of both worlds... Hack an enemy, Hack a computer, hack a mind and make a Whompa dance and sh..stuff.
I liked to lean to lightsaber fighting insted of duck and cover and shoot lightning crap. I hate cheesy fighting and if you ever faught against me in Mortal Kombat or any other fighter games, You'd know that I'd bring the hurt to you if you ever used a projectile-like attack to cheese me. Fight like a man or a really tough woman!! Swing away and a well placed mine (and a good demolitions skill) combined with a spontanious force push could make a really cool animation...* Swing-swing-parry-swing-whoosh-BOOM!!!* And from what I here, repair is going to have much importance in TSL... They may have beefed up the other skills as well... It would make sense. I wanna see a bigger bonus for demolitions than making credits for the ones you recover... BORING!!

Emperor Devon
10-28-2004, 08:22 PM
I'll be a sith lord, obviously. I can't resist the temptation of the dark side.

DarthBrownBread
10-29-2004, 01:36 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Same with me, Sith Lord, then Jedi Master second time through. I just hope that the DS options in kotor2 are a bit more Vader-like, and a bit less like a Tusken Raider, killing and stealing from helpless and innocent people. :D

StoneDragon
11-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Jedi weapon master/jedi master

Sith lord/sith assasin

Alegis
11-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Jedi watchman. Definetely LS and would prefer a lightrsaber+force in this game.