PDA

View Full Version : Heads


Morgan_Hearst
08-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Obsidian have said that they are adding a lot more heads to the game, all human.

While we won't be able to customise them ala Star Wars Galaxies there will be a lot more variety in our choice. So, what kind of heads are you hoping will be included?

For example, I would like a bearded 'Obi Wan' style head, both young and old.

How about you?

FiEND_138
08-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Besides the 2 you've stated, something a bit like Qui-Gon. Or atleast a longer haired male, being since my hairs long & it is an RPG. Or something close to EP.3 Anakin. That'd be all right too.

Prime
08-21-2004, 11:37 AM
I always used the bald asian guy in KOTOR. I hope they have something similar in KOTOR 2.

Morgan_Hearst
08-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I've used him for darkside. He looks *great* with the full dark side effect. :D

AFAIK, they are keeping the same heads that were in the original game but adding alot more.

I can dig a link out if you like, though at the moment I can't remember which interview I read it in.:confused:

FiEND_138
08-21-2004, 12:42 PM
I read the same thing, for the life of me I can't remember where. Perhaps the OE boards :confused:

Darth333
08-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I always used the bald asian guy in KOTOR. I hope they have something similar in KOTOR 2.
The only thing I know is that you will be able to play as Bruce Lee (Asian guy but with hair) :D :
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1596484#post1596484

Achilles
08-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I always used the bald asian guy in KOTOR. I hope they have something similar in KOTOR 2.

I usually use the spiky haired Asian guy. :)

I personally would like to see better Caucasian head. I rarely used them in KotOR because, IMO, they all sucked.

Rogue9dlb
08-21-2004, 04:55 PM
I normally use the caucasian with the scar and short brown/red hair. As long as there's a decent one with a military style cut (I'm in AFROTC), then I'll be happy.

messkell
08-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Since I have long hair, I always select the only caucasian male with semi long hair. I didn't like the lower portion of his face, reminds me of barney rubble, so I reskinned the face with a beard.

Hopefully, they will have a better/improved selection of character heads to choose from. Having to choose a character that look like he/she came from a game called "The Knights of Bedrock" is just too silly.

Achilles
08-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by messkell
Since I have long hair, I always select the only caucasian male with semi long hair. I didn't like the lower portion of his face, reminds me of barney rubble, so I reskinned the face with a beard.

Hopefully, they will have a better/improved selection of character heads to choose from. Having to choose a character that look like he/she came from a game called "The Knights of Bedrock" is just too silly.
Maybe the new character gen page will let you choose your PC's physical attributes *shrug*

It's a thought.

kome566
08-22-2004, 01:04 AM
The char creation thing should b like The Sims~~ Pick ur clothes and design your face~~

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Maybe the new character gen page will let you choose your PC's physical attributes *shrug*

It's a thought.

And a good one at that! :D

A little more like the NWN way of doing the PC appearance would be allright with me. :D

kome566
08-22-2004, 01:39 AM
Poor me .. .i havent played nwm and im getting left out when nwm is being compred by kotor :(

FiEND_138
08-22-2004, 01:44 AM
^^
Same here. Maybe I should go & grab me a copy to see what all the hub-bubs about :eyeraise:

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 01:56 AM
^^^^
FiEND, Kome you arent missing much with NWN, the character generation is rather good, you have a good control over your PC's appearance, and you can export and import pre-made PC's into the game instead of generating a new one each time. And with an editor your character can have wings! :) Too bad you can't actually fly with them! :(

But the Main single Player storyline needs some major help... and all the pointless running around... getting 'lost' during missions because you have pages, and pages of them in your journal at the same time... these are only a few of the complaints.

NWN is far from being better than KOTOR in so many ways.

Just my opinion! :D

FiEND_138
08-22-2004, 01:59 AM
^^
Thanx for the tip!! If the SP's not too great, guess I'll just save my $$$ for beer or something :guiness:


*Edit WooT no more Gungan woohoooo Edit*

Achilles
08-22-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
FiEND, Kome you arent missing much with NWN, the character generation is rather good, you have a good control over your PC's appearance, and you can export and import pre-made PC's into the game instead of generating a new one each time. And with an editor your character can have wings! :) Too bad you can't actually fly with them! :(

But the Main single Player storyline needs some major help... and all the pointless running around... getting 'lost' during missions because you have pages, and pages of them in your journal at the same time... these are only a few of the complaints.

NWN is far from being better than KOTOR in so many ways.

Just my opinion! :D
I've heard mixed reviews re: NWN. Is it worth playing in your opinion?

RedHawke
08-22-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
I've heard mixed reviews re: NWN. Is it worth playing in your opinion?

I have only been through the first town, and 1/2 the second one in NWN, and you know how I feel about the D20 system, so I don't really think I can completely cast judgement on it. So to answer your question... yes and no.

The single player campaign story is really to simplistic and linear for me, a little more for the ADD generation, I guess! :D

I have yet to play the multi-player and from what I have heard that is where the game is supposed to shine.

Achilles
08-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I have yet to play the multi-player and from what I have heard that is where the game is supposed to shine.
Well, I don't play well with others, so I don't do the whole multiplayer thing.

I guess that means I can take that off my list for Santa.

Morgan_Hearst
08-22-2004, 07:57 AM
I happen to DM for a NWN Persistant World.

I said this in another thread but its worth repeating, NWN is all about multiplayer. I'd never played on line before NWN and I have to say that it saved me a fortune in new games as I've played Narfell (the server I now DM for) for nearly 2 years.

:D

On the other hand, even if you don't like multiplayer and don't want to give it a try, then the game is worth buying for the Single Player mods that people have made for it. NWN comes with a complete toolset which is the same toolset that is used to make the single player game and both the expansion packs. People have done wonderful things with it and there are literally thousands of mods, many with custom creatures, tileset etc etc.

*If* you like Dungeons and Dragons or just like games with a fantasy setting it is worth buying. The Single Player Campaighn is the smallest part of the game. When you buy NWN you really are buying a gaming system with an example mod thrown in :)

This is a KOTOR 2 forum so I'll shut up about NWN :)

AFAIK, we won't have the option to change hair colour etc in KOTOR2

RedHawke
08-23-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst
AFAIK, we won't have the option to change hair colour etc in KOTOR2

But that is easy to change once we extract the textures, do a little editing and voila new hair colors! :D