PDA

View Full Version : Trading in a GC for an Xbox

Anthony
08-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Since I'm going to do so, I'm asking which games you think are good and are worth the money, suggestions?

Chewbacco
08-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Halo and Halo 2! And Burnout 3!
Well Halo 2 since it is coming out on November 9th but I don't know if that is the same for Canada.:D

I would ask TiE personally but right now he is sleeping.:D

But with your GC there is a new Zelda coming out, I hear it is the sequel to the orcarina of time. Is there a way to have both of the consols? If it is possible with your parents that is.

Neverhoodian
08-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Halo and KOTOR are a must. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War is a pretty fun (if far-fetched) WWII shooter with Xbox Live support. If you're into flight combat games, you might want to give Secret Weapons over Normandy a shot or perhaps Crimson Skies.

The only problem with these games is that there are PC versions for all of these as well if you prefer PC gaming. Still, being able to play Halo 2 years before the PC market will get it is a pretty good reason alone to get an Xbox.

I have a question for you, though. Why are you going to trade your GameCube?! Surely there are plenty of good games for it. Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Rogue Squadron 2 are all great to name a few.

Anthony
08-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Chewbacco
Halo 2 since it is coming out on November 9th

Thats my birthday. w00t.

So far what I'm gonna get, since I'm gonna have roughly 430 dollars to spend on games (and games only. I think, since I'm doing a giant trade)

Games to get so far:
Metal Arms
Crimson Skies
Halo
Halo 2
Fable
Ninja Gaidan
Prince of Persia
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Now, I MIGHT be able to have 2 systems, I'll just sell all the games and use the money to buy an Xbox, IF possible.

Yes, I know theres a bunch of great games for GC, but I have most of those, and I've gotten tired of playing them.

EDIT: Updated games to get list

Chewbacco
08-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
Yes, I know theres a bunch of great games for GC, but I have most of those, and I've gotten tired of playing them.
What about that new Zelda game that is coming out sometime, I don't know when, but it looks cool to me.:) If I were you I would keep the GC because of that.

If not, you could give it to me.:D

ET Warrior
08-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Fable comes out in September. If you like Action/RPG's you want Fable.

Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from Butcher Bay was super sweet

Ninja Gaiden

Prince of Persia

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow absolutely Rocks the Socks on live

Crimson Skies is also awesome on Live....

:D

Darth Groovy
08-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Get Halo.

Riddick, and Ninja Gaiden.

Most of the other games I got I think are available on other platforms as well.... so I don't know.

God bless you for ditching the gamecube. That system has like one good game, Metroid Prime, and despite that, it's just another crappy Nintendo "made to keep up with the Jones' Console" :rolleyes:

KBell
08-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Resident Evil was a good game for the Gamecube, aswell as Mario Cart 2.

TiE23
08-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Cheap games: (Under $40 american)
Metal Arms
Halo
SSX 3
Burnout 2 (If you don't get Burnout 3)
Ralli Sport Challenge 2
My collection:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/100_1178.jpg

TiE

PR-0927
08-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Good, you are right to sell your GC, because it sux!!

Halo, Halo 2, KotOR, and KotOR 2: TSL are on my "need" list.

:fett:

Anthony
08-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Gamecube itself doesn't suck, the lack of good games make it so.

TiE23
08-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Gamecube itself doesn't suck, the lack of good games make it so. Yah, but it will suck as soon as I install old breast milk suckers on it :xp:

TiE

Tyrion
08-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

God bless you for ditching the gamecube. That system has like one good game, Metroid Prime, and despite that, it's just another crappy Nintendo "made to keep up with the Jones' Console" :rolleyes:

..aparently you haven't played Rouge Leader, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart Double Dash, or Super Smash Bros. Melee...

;)

Samuel Dravis
08-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion
..aparently you haven't played Rouge Leader, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart Double Dash, or Super Smash Bros. Melee...

;) Ugh. I don't like SSBM *at all*. Total lack of, well, anything interesting. Perhaps some people can play games without any sort of story whatsoever, but I certainly can't. As far as I'm concerned, it's just the mark of lazy developers.

TiE23
08-22-2004, 12:14 AM

;) Rouge Leader: No complaint here. Viewtiful Joe: holy crap, what the hell is this game about anyway?! Mario Kart: Say it with me, "Deja Vu." SSMD: Who wants to watch Kirby eat up another person and crap him out?

TiE

Anthony
08-22-2004, 12:57 AM
Viewtiful Joe doesn't look interesting to me. SSBM is great, but I got tired of it and havn't played it since. I've beaten metroid prime, and I have rogue leader (not the newest one, and I don't really care for it for some reason) Mario Karts nice, but I'd rather have something else to play.

TiE23
08-22-2004, 01:28 AM
You need some big boy games :D

TiE

BongoBob
08-22-2004, 01:39 AM
Keep both.

Metroid Prime 2, Zelda, both dang good reasons to keep it.

Anyhow, Halo. Get it. Now. kthxbye.

TiE23
08-22-2004, 01:42 AM
Hey Bongo, do you have XBC?

TiE

Darth Groovy
08-22-2004, 03:14 AM

;)

Rogue Leader was pretty, but the controls bothered me, and I get motion sickness on most flying games. Never played Viewtiful Joe, i'm sick of al the Mario crap....give Mario a rest already....and Super Smash Bros. Melee....was just icky.....

No, as a matter of fact it was horrible. One of the worst games I ever played on Gamecube. :mad:

TiE23
08-22-2004, 03:22 AM
MARIO........MUST..........DIEEEE!!!!! :evil3:

TiE

Astrotoy7
08-22-2004, 06:29 AM
I got a GC extremely cheap, only own 3 games on it.... Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.... My first console love is my Ps2, and I have no real desire to play anything on the XBox....got KOTOR and Morrowind on PC, not interested in Halo(could play it on PC anyways)....and the rest, well......... *yawns*

I wasnt a huge Zelda fan, but the new Zelda does look great, so Im glad I have a cube around to check that out. I am also interested in playing sonic heroes and pokemon colisseum one day, borrowed from friends when they finish with em :p GO TEAM ROCKET :p

when 'square/enix' make soemthin for the snot system then I might check it out.....and rest assured I would never pay anything more than 30% rrp for any system... :p

Anthony, from one NWN fan to another, believe me when I say you gotta ditch that sig.......... ;)

mtfbwya

Anthony
08-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7 Anthony, from one NWN fan to another, believe me when I say you gotta ditch that sig.......... ;)

mtfbwya

<_< >_> *ditch*

Reborn Outcast
08-22-2004, 10:53 AM
All this XBox talk and no one has mentioned Madden 2004 or Madden 2005?! :eek: :p

Those are awesome games if you like sports.

Astrotoy7
08-22-2004, 11:51 AM
<_< >_> *ditch*

phew! better :D

mtfbwya

El Sitherino
08-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Metroid Prime 2 > Halo 2.

BawBag™
08-22-2004, 12:22 PM
I'm not too keen about people who bash GameCube/nintendo for being "kiddie".

Fair enough, Mario is a fat, useless git plumber, but people seem to overlook the shear quality of Nintendo gameplay.

One thing that makes me hold onto my Cube... Legend of Zelda.

TiE23
08-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by BawBag™
One thing that makes me hold onto my Cube... Legend of Zelda.
Dearest BawBag™,

YOU MEAN THAT CEL SHADED KIDDIE BUL****
THAT YOU EXPECT MATURE GAMERS TO PLAY??!!
YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR ****ING MIND!

Sincerely,

TiE

Anthony
08-22-2004, 04:56 PM
I think he's talking about the one thats gonna come out.

Wind Waker was a piece of ****.

acdcfanbill
08-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by BawBag™
Legend of Zelda.

bingo :)

PR-0927
08-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Gamecube itself doesn't suck, the lack of good games make it so.

It all sux. The games, and the GC. The GC is actually just a remade version of the...Sega Dreamcast...

El Sitherino
08-22-2004, 06:52 PM
anything to suggest these claims? Personally if the gameplay is excellent who cares what the character and rating of the game are. I find that atleast 95% of all gamecube games have good gameplay, where as with xbox and PS2 it's about 50-60%

oh and for the record, the dreamcast rocked.

PR-0927
08-22-2004, 07:08 PM
No, I mean, that every single game for GC, except Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, sucked...I hated their gameplay. The ones that were for XBOX, GC, PS2, or PC also, were not good on GC, because of graphics...and controller sux.

Samuel Dravis
08-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
anything to suggest these claims? Personally if the gameplay is excellent who cares what the character and rating of the game are. I find that atleast 95% of all gamecube games have good gameplay, where as with xbox and PS2 it's about 50-60%

oh and for the record, the dreamcast rocked. There's also a lot more games made for them. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

TiE23
08-22-2004, 10:29 PM
www.gamespot.com Top Ten Games of the Last Year
http://www.gamespot.com/misc/top100_score.html?tag=gs_lnav_topscore

1 Grand Theft Auto Double Pack XBOX 9.6
2 Unreal Tournament 2004 PC 9.4
3 Ninja Gaiden XBOX Action 9.4
4 The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay XBOX 9.3
5 Rallisport Challenge 2 XBOX Driving 9.3
6 Freedom Fighters PC Action 9.3
7 Freedom Fighters PS2 Action 9.3
8 Freedom Fighters XBOXAction9.3
9 ESPN NFL Football XBOX Sports 9.3
10 ESPN NFL Football PS2 9.3

Gee, where was Game Cube this last year?
Xbox: 6
PS2: 2
PC: 2
GC: 0

TiE

acdcfanbill
08-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith

oh and for the record, the dreamcast rocked.

yea, SEGA alwasy had the better systems, but for some reason they got shafted :(

6 Freedom Fighters PC Action 9.3
7 Freedom Fighters PS2 Action 9.3
8 Freedom Fighters XBOXAction9.3
9 ESPN NFL Football XBOX Sports 9.3
10 ESPN NFL Football PS2 9.3

Gee, where was Game Cube this last year?

haha, freedom fighters was a great game, but ps2 adn xbox versions of it were horrid, absolute trash for a control system. whoever made up this list prob didnt do enougth research :rolleyes:

TiE23
08-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
yea, SEGA alwasy had the better systems, but for some reason they got shafted :(
They got shafted cause they brought Crazy Taxi into this world :D

TiE

Anthony
08-23-2004, 01:34 AM
well, I got me Xbox. :D Damn awesome system, I say.

Now, I could only get 1 game since all the games I owned for the gamecube had gone down so much in price, each were worth around 20 bucks. So, I got Halo (What a surprise!) Damn awesome FREAKING ADDICTING GAME. erk, I can't take my eyes off the TV.

EDIT: Dad says I can get full spectrum warrior tomorrow. :D

TiE23
08-23-2004, 01:59 AM

Now, I could only get 1 game since all the games I owned for the gamecube had gone down so much in price, each were worth around 20 bucks. So, I got Halo (What a surprise!) Damn awesome FREAKING ADDICTING GAME. erk, I can't take my eyes off the TV.

Good job boy, I knew I could make a beliver out of you! :D

TiE

BawBag™
08-23-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by TiE 23
Dearest BawBag™,

YOU MEAN THAT CEL SHADED KIDDIE BUL****
THAT YOU EXPECT MATURE GAMERS TO PLAY??!!
YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR ****ING MIND!

Sincerely,

TiE
No, for the record I hated WindWaker. I'm talking about the real version that will be released next year. :rolleyes:

Astrotoy7
08-23-2004, 09:01 AM

*sigh*

dont worry anthony, once you get over the bells n whistles of Halo, you'll come back to your beloved Neverwinter

*cries* :p

mtfbwya

PR-0927
08-23-2004, 02:50 PM
No he won't. He'll never get away, never!!

Halo PWN's all games except KotOR!!

TiE23
08-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Majin Revan

:fett: Ohh god, Kotor is so over rated. I have it and only played it once, its collecting dust on the shelf right now.

TiE

KBell
08-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Ohh god, Kotor is so over rated. I have it and only played it once, its collecting dust on the shelf right now.

TiE

So, it's over rated because one person out of the thousands who purchased the game, found it boring?

Tyrion
08-23-2004, 05:37 PM

Halo sucks, especially on Console Multiplayer. How the heck do you see players that are 100 meters away on a 4-screen tv? :p

(Kotor was alright, by the way. Not nearly as bad as Tie says, but it had game stopping bugs on two different save games of mine...)

legameboy
08-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Halo was alright.

I like my Half-life.

TiE23
08-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Halo sucks, especially on Console Multiplayer. How the heck do you see players that are 100 meters away on a 4-screen tv? :p
Try Xbox connect :rolleyes:

www.xbconnect.com

TiE

Tyrion
08-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Try Xbox connect :rolleyes:

www.xbconnect.com

TiE

XBConnect is "Next Generation" XBox Tunnel Software for Windows that allows you to play Microsoft XBox System link games over the internet.

So in other words, I use my computer so I can play online on a crappier x-box to play a game my computer could easily play.

You consolers are getting wackier every day!

:p

(And I agree with Legameboy, I like my Half-life.)

TiE23
08-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
haha, freedom fighters was a great game, but ps2 adn xbox versions of it were horrid, absolute trash for a control system. whoever made up this list prob didnt do enougth research :rolleyes: haha, I just got Freedom Fighters, and it ****ing rocks! :D

Multiplayer is awesome, My brother was the Soviet and he kept leading his men into my teams machine gun fire! (No, in MP you don't just attack eachother, you recruit squads of troops to follow you, my brother liked sending them into battle, as he sat in his bunker, watching me mow them down) You take the flag pole in the center of the map and put your flag on it, its like Domination and you have to keep the pole for a amount of time. Definantly buy this game :D its really cheap!

TiE

Kain
08-24-2004, 02:48 AM
Nintendo - Kiddy games
PS2 - More adult games
XBox - A little of column A, a little of column B

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Astrotoy7
08-24-2004, 08:47 AM

pfft ! Halo freakin Shmalo :p Seeing you're from Ohio, I am not entirely surprised you are saying such silly things :p The only person that is cool from Ohio is Selene, and thats coz she digs Bloodrayne(not Kain) :p

mtfbwya

PR-0927
08-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Man, you are lost!! Ohio is "The heart of it all." And, Halo PWN's you.

Anthony
08-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Halo IS great. but I still like NWN and all. :p