PDA

View Full Version : avp2

kingdomwinds
08-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Is this game worth it? Im thinking of buying it for the multiplayer but i heard its laggy as hell. Is this true?

Doomie
08-23-2004, 10:56 AM
I think that depends on your connection and your PC. If your pc can handle today's games, it should be able to run AVP 2 without lag. I haven't really played multiplayer that much, but it was pretty fun...

RpTheHotrod
08-23-2004, 06:26 PM
It's worth the buy, but do NOT play Primal Hunt (the expansion) multiplayer...they screwed up the netcode.

jokemaster
08-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Question: Is it worth it to buy the gold edition or should I just buy the original?

RpTheHotrod
08-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Goldpack...because "you never know"

KBell
08-23-2004, 08:27 PM
The game is one of the best muliplayer games I have ever played.

It's just too bad I haven't played it much with Groovy, Kus, or Phreak.

jebbers
08-23-2004, 10:24 PM
i watched my brother play today and it looks really great..i still have to finish KoToR...dont no body ruin it for me...i already know who i really am....

acdcfanbill
08-23-2004, 11:33 PM
yea, this game rules, but cripes, the netcode wasnt very good in avp2, how could it get worse in primal hunt haha.

Zappa_0
08-24-2004, 12:07 AM
I actually played some Primal Hunt MP the otherday and it didnt seem to be that different. But if you do play on AVP2, get Projam 4!

RpTheHotrod
08-24-2004, 12:35 AM
My ping in avp2

=20

my ping in primal hunt

=400+

big difference. I'm...along with MANY others...are sticking with avp2.

and PS....I'm on a MOD team that has fixed the lag, but we havn't released it yet. Team -MOD-

http://www.planetavp.com/teammod/

RpTheHotrod
08-24-2004, 12:41 AM
btw....someone should make this a MOD :O

http://www.cscentral.com/fun/flash/predator-strike.php

Kain
08-24-2004, 02:37 AM
I don't understand why anybody would want to be anything but a human in AvP2. That damned Smartgun is champ...and it makes it pointless to be anything else.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

RpTheHotrod
08-24-2004, 03:13 AM
unless you fought me ;)

just FYI...using any tracking weapons is considered very "noob" in avp2.

KBell
08-24-2004, 03:14 AM
I verymuch enjoy being the alien.

Scaling walls and suprising your victim is a very satisfying experience :p

Kain
08-24-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
unless you fought me ;)

I'd believe it. Of course, I don't play online(people aggravate me to no extent when they know you can't do anything but threaten them with empty threats and all they do is talk ****), I prefer LAN.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Zappa_0
08-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Nice flash movie RP!

Icemaniax
08-24-2004, 07:42 AM
unless you fought me ;)

This thread alone gave me the motivation to install AvP2 again played a few levels in SP, then went to MP. where i was accused of being a "Smart Gun Wh0re" so I said ok, and switched to pred, the light pred all the others Sux0r ;) and was acused of being a disk wh0re. i though. ok, fine. and switched to marine and used the Shotgun, which in turn, i still got the best score. and was cursed at called and a n00b. So I said, if i'm a n00b why am i winning with every weapon? which i was in turn kicked o_O

I hate online FPS MP games... people are so Hostile if they lose.. it's a GAME. pfft.
But i am glad to know I still have some skill, i've played AvP2 since it came out. and Stopped playing for about 6 months. today I just reinstalled it, and still whooped arse :)

anyways. AvP2 rocks. buy it.

Astrotoy7
08-24-2004, 08:35 AM
phew ! I thought this post was to announce a sequel to the much shyte AvP movie.... :(

*carry on chaps!*

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
08-24-2004, 12:11 PM

You know what I hate? People who complain about anyone using a weapon that was part of the original game. Honestly, the developers put it in there for a reason, they play and play those games to balance them, and unless it's just the end all 1337 super rifle that had no right being put into that game, then I wish people would suck it up and deal with the fact that they got their asses kicked.

But....that's just me :)

phew ! I thought this post was to announce a sequel to the much shyte AvP movie....
You and me both :eek:

-Zack-
08-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Good game, not many servers and the good ones are only like FFA or TFFA. And I don't wanna talk about the spawning either :D

acdcfanbill
08-24-2004, 12:40 PM
haha, you would prob hate me then, since i was killer with pred and plasmacaster ;) in fact, im sure i was prob one of the reasons it was toned down after the mptest and before the game came out. me and my buddy worked as a team of two during the mptest and man, we could just mow down a server in teamdm ;)

RpTheHotrod
08-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Shotgun noob? lol...okay.......stupid accusation.....

the only noobish weapons really are what people call "no skill" weapons. Smartgun, shoulder cannon, and pred pistol are the noob ones. Smartgun and Shoulder cannon requires no aiming...it has a built-in aimbot that RARELY ever misses. The disc is avoidable. The pred pistol is pretty lame due to it having 100% accuracy, 1 shot kills, PLUS an area of effect explosion that kills almost everything around the shot and STUNS any survivors for 5 seconds...meaning...it's a personal mini-nuke...that's spammable (imagine 10 nukes being fired at you)

but overall.....I don't care what weapon they use, I'll still find a way to slaughter them. I never complain about what weapon they use. If they wanna go cheap and skilless, they have every right to do so. I'm an alien...so I just jump around as they frantically try to kill me with their pred pistol spam until they are out of energy, then go in for a very easy kill.

Spammers = dead...muhahahaha!

Zappa_0
08-24-2004, 06:26 PM
RP, im glad to hear you say suck positive stuff about the weapons then going off and whinning about it. I wish more gamers had your outlook!

RpTheHotrod
08-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Nice insult there.

I'm stating the community views of the weapons, and my views of the weapons. Yes, tracking takes no skill, but there's no use complaining about it...just find another way to kill them.

Now, instead of accusing someone of "whining" when there was no whining at all, I highly advise you to never....ever attempt to start a flamewar again.

acdcfanbill
08-24-2004, 10:19 PM
i love how everyone wants to strip the preds of their weapons :) "plasmacaster and pistol are lame, but u can still use them cause im so leet that i overcome your cheats" :p yea, thats what i heard every time i played lol.

jokemaster
08-24-2004, 10:35 PM
eh, i suck anyway so people won't complain about me using wapons

I wonder if you use the marine pistol and kick ass if people call you a pistol whore?

RpTheHotrod
08-24-2004, 10:36 PM
No...marine pistol doesn't track.

jokemaster
08-24-2004, 11:38 PM
No...marine pistol doesn't track.
I know, I'm saying that if you rule with that gun if people will call you a pistol whore/noob like they would with the shotgun.

acdcfanbill
08-25-2004, 08:50 AM
pred pistol doesnt track either, but thats nooby ;)

Hiroki
08-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Yes, I played AVP2 for ages. I was one of the best aliens there, not to sound arrogant. Though I had become to specilized near the end. I remember some of the lame things the Marines would do.

The weapons RP mentioned, the Pred Pistol, smartgun, and plasma caster where "cheap" noob weapons.

Now, back when I played, smartgun, was not a weapon you really had to worry about. Nobody used it, everyone knew better than to use it. But some people still used the Plasma Caster, and the pred pistol. They would spam pistol alternate fire all of the time. Pistol primary fire, isn't cheap. The blasts are accurate, but slow. Avoidable.

Marines where food. ;) There where a few good Marines out there, that I remember, but most of the so called "Elite" of the day would just try and spam pulse rifle grenades and end up blowing themselves up when they rarely actually got you.

Still, all in all, good times. :)

Darth Groovy
08-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Very cool game!

One of my top ten favorite online games of all time!

Paying $10 for the gold edition is a definite steel!

Mike Windu
08-25-2004, 11:13 PM
10 buck?!

*adds to birthday list*

So far... I've got...

1. AVP gold edition
2. ESPN football 2005.
3. *don't remember*
4. Switchfoot cd.

KBell
08-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Lol Mike.

I just got the Switchfoot CD and ESPN football yesterday :p

jokemaster
08-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Paying $10 for the gold edition is a definite steel!
Wait, so the 10 dollar gold edition is actually steel?

acdcfanbill
08-26-2004, 12:10 AM
if it were up to some people in avp2 everyone would either run around as an alien or with wristblades/knives, fight like real men damn u :D

jokemaster
08-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
if it were up to some people in avp2 everyone would either run around as an alien or with wristblades/knives, fight like real men damn u :D
OMG OMG OMG U TAIL ATTACK WH0R3

Zappa_0
08-26-2004, 01:34 AM
You know thats kinda stupid when people go around saying you cant use that, you cant use this only because they think its in the game. They need to get over it and stop crying they they cant find a way from getting killed or just live with it. Even people in JO/JA cry about alot of stupid stuff, its just sad!

Darth Groovy
08-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
10 buck?!

*adds to birthday list*

So far... I've got...

1. AVP gold edition
2. ESPN football 2005.
3. *don't remember*
4. Switchfoot cd.

See for yourself... (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1064001119887&skuId=6054903&productCategoryId=cat02105&type=product) ;)

Mike Windu
08-26-2004, 11:34 PM
:eek:

I hope it's rated Teen, and the gun violence isnt too much, otherwise I can't get it :(

Hiroki
08-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
You know thats kinda stupid when people go around saying you cant use that, you cant use this only because they think its in the game. They need to get over it and stop crying they they cant find a way from getting killed or just live with it. Even people in JO/JA cry about alot of stupid stuff, its just sad!

Well, Zappa, can you blame those who complain about "cheap" weapons? The weapons named in AvP2 ARE cheap. The people playing simply want to have fun, against players who have actual skill. It is sad that we have to put such restrictions on, and it does show that the developers of the game clearly didn't put enough time into balancing these weapons.

Icemaniax
08-27-2004, 02:11 AM

I hope it's rated Teen, and the gun violence isnt too much, otherwise I can't get it :(

It's rated M I think.

Darth Groovy
08-27-2004, 03:39 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009ECDA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

jokemaster
08-27-2004, 01:11 PM

I hope it's rated Teen, and the gun violence isnt too much, otherwise I can't get it :( It's M, sorry.

Kain
08-27-2004, 02:25 PM
I dunno about that Pred-Pistol thing, but I never used it anyways. My fave is the Speargun:D, or if I net em I surround em with remote mines and as soon as their standing again BOOM!!!111!!!

****ing smartguns. My cousin thought he was TOO sweet using it. Then I quit moving and I stood still...cloaked...after I moved my computer to the opposite side of the basement...so he couldn't ****ing cheat anymore...so he just ran in a room, smartgun blazing. I sucked up more bullets than a fat kid sucking up donuts. Then I got pissed, turned marine and did the same thing to him. Then he went pred. And then he got madder than a fat kid at an empty buffet.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Hiroki
08-27-2004, 03:38 PM
lol...Good times? :p

Mike Windu
08-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Nooo!

Maybe someone can sneak me the game :xp: