PDA

View Full Version : Revan Vs. Vader

DarthBuzzard
08-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Well, with that being said lets go.

Post who you think kicks more ass, Revan or Vader, and why.

I think Revan.

Vader lost to his master (obi wan in Ep 3) and relied on machines to keep him alive from then on. His son kicks his ass, then Palpy fries him as he falls to the reactor core. He dies. He had no brains whatsoever - He could not lead a Empire fleet against the Rebel/Republic forces, he needed Palpatine. He was third in command, with both Sidious and Palpy surpassing him.

On the other hand, Revan survived when his Capital Ship was destroyed. He went on to either end the Sith thread or to reclaim his title as Dark Lord, something Vader was too weak to do. Revan was, at times, surrounded by Jedi/Dark jedi bodies, and Vader had to simply fight Luke. Revan had mastery of the Force, and all Vader could do was choke unarmed/un-force weilding beings. Revan was a master tactician - he could lead smaller forces to victory against much larger forces. Also, Revan was THE commander. No holograms or corrupt Emporers to command him, he did the commanding.

Achilles
08-24-2004, 11:45 PM
In some ways this is an unfair comparison. A more accurate comparison would be Revan to Palpy/Vader to Malak. In both cases, the KotOR storyline pwnz IMHO.

Granted, Revan and Malak's roles are quasi reversed for much of the story, but at the point where both were Sith, Revan was the master (like Palpy) and Malak was the apprentice (like Vader).

DarthBuzzard
08-25-2004, 12:17 AM
That's true achilles, I guess I overlooked that.

Anyways, its still a valid comparison IMO, as each were major characters and their affect overall storyline is very important, IE Revan was the reason Malak is so evil, as it was he who led him down that path, and Luke was created because of Vader.

kome566
08-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Errr Achilles dont you mean Vader was the apprentice(Like Malak).But either way Revan is cool because I can control him. ?:devburn:

Prime
08-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Vader pwns all.

All other discussion is pointless.

Achilles
08-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by kome566
Errr Achilles dont you mean Vader was the apprentice(Like Malak).
Yep. It appears that everyone understood what I meant though :D

I'll fix it.

FiEND_138
08-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Vader pwns all.

:wstupid: ................Nothin else to say...

Hiroki
08-25-2004, 11:53 PM
It is a bit unfair to compare Revan to Vader. Revan was a Sith LORD. Vader was a Sith APPRENTICE. I think if they fought, Revan would devastate Vader. But I think Vader could defeat Malak for sure. I think it would be interesting to see Revan fight Palpatine.

Though I think the massive blasts of Force Lightning from Palpatine might get to Revan in the end.

DarthBuzzard
08-26-2004, 12:29 AM
1. you can absorb lightning with your lightsaber
2. force immunity would make palpys lightning seem like a toothpick poking revan. it took his entire bridge/ship to explode to wound revan...

also, i think its fair because they (Revan and Vader) were the two orchestraters of the Sith/Empire, the stories involving them were verrrrrry important. palpy and sidious worked almost behind the scenes, they did the planning, Vader did the fighting.

Boba Rhett
08-26-2004, 01:00 AM
First of all, Palpatine and Sidious are the same person, dangit. :xp:

Secondly, Vader would own him, no contest. It was still Anakin lost to Obi Wan. His power increased so much after the accident that he almost became an entire being altogether. "Vader", fueled by hate and pain. these things feed a dark jedi's power immensly. So much so that just by him being dark, that !!EPISODE III SPOILER AHEAD: apparently no force sensitive beings were born between the time he became vader up until his redemption. In essense, he shut the force off. Now, Luke was able to defeat Vader because he's just as powerful as vader is in the force and Luke began to go darkside when he was fighting vader there in ROTJ. Vader obeyed Palpy because he was his master and for the sith to survive, they put down strict rules saying there could only be to main guys. A master and an apprentice. This was to avoid warring. He could have defeated palpy, he just didn't because that's the way it works. :D

Hiroki
08-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Actually, Vader very much wanted to kill Palpatine, but he didn't think he could under his own power. He wanted to turn Luke to the Dark Side, so that they both could team up and kill Palpatine.

As for "shutting off the Force", where did you hear this? Vader whiped out most of the Jedi, but there where still a ton of Force Sensitives throughout the galaxy. And Vader didn't actually whipe out most Jedi...he and large masses of troops did.

As for Palpatine vs Revan...the lightning WOULD kill Revan. You can't block that much lightning with a lightsaber. And you couldn't absorb it. Yoda was very special, in that he had such amazingly vast knowledge of the Force, that he could absorb it.

kome566
08-26-2004, 05:25 PM
and shooting the lightning back at Count Dooku and that,Yoda is Elite Green Jedi.:D :D

JediKenobi
09-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Buzzard, Buzzard, Buzzard! How can you even ask? It's Vader all the way!! No contest!!:) :)

- JediKenobi

Prime
09-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Hiroki
It is a bit unfair to compare Revan to Vader. Revan was a Sith LORD. Vader was a Sith APPRENTICE. No, Vader is very much a Sith Lord. (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthvader/index.html)

TheOutrider
09-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Revan all the way he could kill Vader so easily but what would be interesting is if he fought Yoda or Luke.

TheOutrider
09-21-2004, 03:38 PM
As for Palpatine vs Revan...the lightning WOULD kill Revan. You can't block that much lightning with a lightsaber. And you couldn't absorb it. Yoda was very special, in that he had such amazingly vast knowledge of the Force, that he could absorb it.Revan is able to block the lightning with his lightsaber or force immunity hes stronger in the force and he wouldn't give Palpatine the chance to blast him with force lightning

Hiroki
09-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Palpatine’s lightning is far more powerful then Dooku's, and couldn't be blocked with a lightsaber. I doubt Revan is stronger in the force than Palpatine either. :p And just because absorb is in the game, doesn't mean he can use it. The game isn't 100% canon accurate for game play purposes. Force Absorb is an extremely rare ability.

stingerhs
09-22-2004, 07:39 PM
it depends on the fight.
in a lightsaber duel, vader would win rather easily. revan had to rely on force powers to have a rather serious edge in combat.

however, it is those powers that would make the fight interesting. revan had a large understanding of the force and could truely bend it to his will. :lightning:

one thing you are forgetting is that vader has large overall control not only of himself, but of his surroundings. this is exempified in tesb with the duel with luke. :lsduel:
that would probably give him the edge over revan. not to mention revan's mastery of the force could only go so far.

under my calculations, revan was barely a level 17 character just before malak tried to kill him. so, a level 17 sith lord vs darth vader??? i would have to say vader. i think prime hit it on the mark rather well, actually.
:wstupid:

Prime
09-23-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by TheRealJedidude
Revan is ...stronger in the force. And what are you basing that on?

*Yoinked*
09-23-2004, 06:51 AM
Revan is ...stronger in the force.
Ya, what are you basing that on because remember the achient prophesy says that "One will be born stronger in the force than all others" or something like that. Plus, in Episode I, in the queen's ship on tatooine, Qui-Gon in response to Obi-Wan's question says "No, Yoda does not have that high of a Medi-Chlorine(sp) count, I do not think anyone ever has.

sheedee
09-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Well, as Revan is a player character, the depth of his character really depends on the amount of roleplaying the player is capable of. IMO Vader is much more complicated person with more character development and stuff... Could be just because he's got six movies to manifest himself though...

RedHawke
09-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Adam G.
Plus, in Episode I, in the queen's ship on tatooine, Qui-Gon in response to Obi-Wan's question says "No, Yoda does not have that high of a Medi-Chlorine(sp) count, I do not think anyone ever has.

*Grumbles Incessantly At GL!*

Stupid midichlorian schlock!!!... what was George Lucas smoking, when he made that crap up??? :eyeraise:

:disaprove Oohh... I gotta have a lot of microscopic bugs in my system to use the Force... Oohh... I have a solid one-word explination for this George, and that word is STUPID!!! :(

If the so-called Force/Living Force is made up of and connects all living things, it surrounds us, it binds us... what are the stupid midichlorians for George???:fist:

[/End Rant]

I'm not ranting at you Adam G. just those stupid midichlorians! :D

Sorry about straying off-topic. :D

Back on-topic: Vader vs. Revan, sounds like a good time to call those Celebrity Deathmatch people doesn't it? :D

Aleggy
09-25-2004, 01:01 PM
ok here's my problem for me vader has been one of the coolest sith lords/bad guys ever for over 25yrs and here Revan comes along and I get to be him, and i'd like to think that i could beat vader

but i like them both

ahhhh plz dont make me choose

oh ok then its vader because even if revan cut off vaders arm palpy would elecricute revan and as revan isnt vaders son he would let palpy kill him

case closed lol :D

TheOutrider
09-25-2004, 01:01 PM
I have a new opinion, Revan couldn't kill Vader because he was the one who brought balance to the force so Vader would kill Revan.

Aleggy
09-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by TheRealJedidude
I have a new opinion, Revan couldn't kill Vader because he was the one who brought balance to the force so Vader would kill Revan.

umm dude i believe the vader vs revan question was rhetorical

episode 3 spoiler

in eps3 obi wan beats anikin in a lightsaber duel yet in eps4 vader (who we all know is anikin) beats obi wan

so just because he's prophesized to bring balance to the force doesn't mean he'll win all his fights

Aleggy
09-25-2004, 01:30 PM
however i agree vader would win but for different reasons

sheedee
09-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Vader would surely win, I mean, what kind of a sith lord gets captured by a group of three jedi. Padawans no less :) Yeah I know he got betrayed, but still, Bastila said he would not win even if he wasnt.

RedHawke
09-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Aleggy
in eps3 obi wan beats anikin in a lightsaber duel yet in eps4 vader (who we all know is anikin) beats obi wan

Actually Aleggy with the Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan on the Death Star duel, Obi-Wan clearly could have held off Vader all day, he was using controlled defensive only moves, if Obi-Wan had truely wanted to he could have really fought Vader, and in that duel Obi-Wan's defensive fighting style threw Vader off, that is why Vader says "Your powers are weak old man" because that is exactly what Obi-Wan wanted Vader to believe.

Obi-Wan clearly lets Vader win that duel so that the Millenium Falcon and the last hope for the Jedi could survive to fight another day.

Just my, slightly off-topic, 2 cents. :D

stingerhs
09-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Actually Aleggy with the Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan on the Death Star duel, Obi-Wan clearly could have held off Vader all day, he was using controlled defensive only moves, if Obi-Wan had truely wanted to he could have really fought Vader, and in that duel Obi-Wan's defensive fighting style threw Vader off, that is why Vader says "Your powers are weak old man" because that is exactly what Obi-Wan wanted Vader to believe.

Obi-Wan clearly lets Vader win that duel so that the Millenium Falcon and the last hope for the Jedi could survive to fight another day.

Just my, slightly off-topic, 2 cents. :D

hmm, another topic for a new thread:

what would have happened if obi-wan had decided to duke it out with vader till somebody died???

DarthBuzzard
09-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Vader would surely win, I mean, what kind of a sith lord gets captured by a group of three jedi. Padawans no less Yeah I know he got betrayed, but still, Bastila said he would not win even if he wasnt.

Yep. Let's see you survive your bridge being fired on by half the sith fleet! And just because Bastila says "You cannot win, Revan", dosent mean he can't win. Have you ever noticed how each side is like, "you can't win, <insert name here>?" And Bastila is at Level 3 in the game when you meet her, and if I stand off to the side during the Bastila vs. Brejik duel, she gets her ass whuped my a street gang leader :o . (Thank Goodness she has unlimited health instead of her standard 30 or whatever) For me, that screams that she'd get her ass whuped during a duel with a SITH LORD. Pfft.

Revan would win. hands down IMO. Now Revan vs. Luke or Yoda or palpy is quite another story, but if you read the title it says, "REVAN VS. VADER" not palpy or luke.

kthx~

RedHawke
09-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Ok I'll get on the bandwagon and say Revan would whoop Vaders behind... :eyeraise:

My rationale could be summed up with this quote... "I find Vaders lack of Force Lightning disturbing"

:lightning

:D

DarthBuzzard
09-26-2004, 10:16 PM
"I find Vaders lack of Force Lightning disturbing"

LOL RedHawke! I would be a pro-vader if he could do more things with the Force than choke and move stuff...although insta-kill "DC100" choke is cool :D

Prime
09-27-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
what would have happened if obi-wan had decided to duke it out with vader till somebody died??? Same result.

stingerhs
09-27-2004, 08:09 AM
Ok I'll get on the bandwagon and say Revan would whoop Vaders behind... :eyeraise:

My rationale could be summed up with this quote... "I find Vaders lack of Force Lightning disturbing"

this i not a spoiler, but i think any conclusion along those lines should wait for ep III. come on, do you really think that the only force power that vader uses is choke, push, pull, and resist energy??? me thinks that lucas may show off some of vader's other powers in the third movie. just my 2 cents...

TheOutrider
09-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Actually I think Vader could kill Revan if he played dirty like knocking him off a high place or something like that but if it was just a normal duel in a normal place Revan would totally knock the crud out of Vader no doubt about it

RedHawke
09-27-2004, 09:37 PM
this i not a spoiler, but i think any conclusion along those lines should wait for ep III. come on, do you really think that the only force power that vader uses is choke, push, pull, and resist energy??? me thinks that lucas may show off some of vader's other powers in the third movie. just my 2 cents...

I was joking when I typed that stingerhs. :halo2:

stingerhs
09-28-2004, 11:32 AM
I was joking when I typed that stingerhs. :halo2:

and i was expressing a point. so :p :p :p :p :p

and no, it wasn't exactly aimed at you. so :p :p :p :p

bneezy
10-17-2004, 05:51 AM
How how would the most powerful Jedi of all time rank?

1. Yoda ("When my age you reach, understand me you still will not.")
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Darth Vader (Well, he did kill Sidious.)
4. Darth Sidious?
5. ?

What about Obi?

Well, technically he killed him. According to the Expanded Universe, Sidious used some ancient Sith magic crap to transfer his essence to a clone body. He had an entire "warehouse" of clone bodies for situations such as this. Eventually, Luke became his apprentice to save someone, but then killed him. I think.

RedHawke
10-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by bneezy
According to the Expanded Universe, Sidious used some ancient Sith magic crap to transfer his essence to a clone body. He had an entire "warehouse" of clone bodies for situations such as this.

According to WEG PnP D6 Star Wars RPG, the power you are referring to is Transfer Life or Transfer Life Force, it isn't really a Sith magic instead it is simply that you are so attuned to the force that if your physical body is utterly destroyed you have a chance and the will to save your essence and either possess a vessel or move into a prepared vessel.

The cannon refrence to this power is when Luke is talking with the dying Yoda on Dagobah and Luke says "Master Yoda you can't die" then Yoda replies "Strong in the force I am, but not that strong" this implies strongly that he knows of that power.
Originally posted by bneezy
Eventually, Luke became his apprentice to save someone, but then killed him. I think.
If I recall correctly, it has been a while since I read the comic;

Luke became the Clone Emperor Palapatine's apprentice for a time, Luke was saved by Leia who also had some powerful Force Nexus artifact, and she and Luke distracted Palapatine when he was using the power Create Force Storm and it backfired and consumed Palapatine and his flagship the Super Star Destroyer Eclipse. Luke and Leia make a miraculous escape, of course.

Cyborgninja
11-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Vader pwns all.

no u have it mixed around revan pawns all

RedHawke
11-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by jackofblades
no u have it mixed around revan pawns all
We should wait until Episode III is out to make this judgement...

"Lord Vader"
"Yes, Master"
"Rise"

I think Aniken / Vader just might surprise us all. :D

Shok_Tinoktin
11-08-2004, 09:16 PM
revan pawns all

Why? To pay the bills? :p

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

FiEND_138
11-08-2004, 09:42 PM
^^
Bwahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!

Thats great!!!!1

:animelol:

RedHawke
11-08-2004, 11:38 PM
^^^^
:rofl: RLMAO!!! :rofl:
revan pawns all

I didn't catch that the first time... thats too funny... :lol:

stingerhs
11-10-2004, 09:25 AM
revan pawns all

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

*tries not to burst out laughing in the library*
*failure*
:rofl:
*calms enough to notice everyone staring at him, and makes an exit*
:lol:

Cyborgninja
11-10-2004, 09:42 AM

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I don't get it:confused:

stingerhs
11-10-2004, 10:07 AM
^^^^
what do you think a pawn shop is actually for?? a fight club??? :eyeraise:

think about it really hard, or just use a dictionary. ;)

Cyborgninja
11-10-2004, 10:11 AM
OHHHHH now I feel really dumb:(

Darkside_tanro
11-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Vader was a poondangle. Anakin PWNZ. Anakin was stronger than vader ever was. I think falling in a volcano kinda has a effect on you.

Aleggy
11-10-2004, 02:44 PM
not wanting to be picky but this a revan vs vader thread not vader vs anikin especially since anikin is vader, and how do you make anikin stronger eps 2 he fails to kill dooku twice he butchers a clan of sand people but as he is a 'jedi' they dont really have much of a defence, in eps 3 he looses to obiwan and the only jedi he kills to my knowledge is mace windu and a batch of jedi children in eps 4 a new hope the only reason he manages to kill obiwan is because obiwan lets him so whats the difference

as to revan vs vader, revan pwns all simple lol

RedHawke
11-10-2004, 08:49 PM
^^^^
I'm with you Aleggy. :D
Originally posted by Darkside_tanro
Vader was a poondangle. Anakin PWNZ. Anakin was stronger than vader ever was. I think falling in a volcano kinda has a effect on you.
You do know Aniken is Vader right??? :eyeraise:

Shok_Tinoktin
11-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I think he knows, thats why he said that falling in a volcanoe has that affect on you. I think he meant that Anakin was stronger before he fell in the lava and started wearing the Vader armor.

Aleggy
11-11-2004, 02:27 AM
I think he knows, thats why he said that falling in a volcanoe has that affect on you. I think he meant that Anakin was stronger before he fell in the lava and started wearing the Vader armor.

i am aware of this but i was pointing out that this was not the case if you watch the films you'll see that the main difference is in the original trilogy vader only has 2 other jedi to be compared to obiwan and luke, luke was just a trainee, and obiwan let vader kill him so there wasnt really much to compare him

where as in the new trilogy anikin/vader has plenty of jedi to be compared to, and he's not a very good one as i have pointed out in the previous post

and i believe RedHawke was merely agreeing with me

back on topic Revan pawns all

Shok_Tinoktin
11-11-2004, 02:42 AM
You do know Aniken is Vader right??? :eyeraise:

I was responding to that.

And on topic, I'm gonna go with Vader.

Prime
11-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Vader > Revan > Anyone who says Revan is better

90SK
11-11-2004, 09:59 AM
We really didn't see enough of Revan pre-mind wipe to understand his character, and post-mind wipe things get too confusing (what with the LS/DS endings and whatnot). Revan is all well and good, but I'm going to have to go with Vader (though I might change my opinion when we compare Vader to Nihilis (http://www.firingsquad.com/media/gallery_image.asp/204/46) ;) )

FiEND_138
11-11-2004, 12:47 PM
I agree with Prime.......again.

stingerhs
11-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Vader pwns all.

;)

RedHawke
11-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Shok_Tinoktin, it appeared to me that Darkside_tanro doesn't know, which is the reason I asked if he knew. How would falling into lava diminish someones power, especially when they have the dark power to survive it? If anything he would be stronger after the expirience... And lastly, Vader is Aniken, so saying someone could defeat themselves is... rather... well it sounds... just a little strange. :D

Back on topic:
So true! :D

Shok_Tinoktin
11-11-2004, 08:27 PM
I was just trying to explain what I thought he meant, not saying that I agree with him. Although GL does say that the fighting in the OT is not supposed to be as impressive in part due to the fact that Vader is crippled. Regardless, I consider him to have become Vader before actually falling in the lava, so discussing that is somewhat pointless.

Evil Dark Jedi
11-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Vader cause he is the r0x0rz.

Cyborgninja
11-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Revan>blind preschoolers of America>then Vader

deathdisco
11-12-2004, 05:22 AM
Hmmm.. Let's see:vadar:

By the will of the force Anakin/Vader is invincible.
Why?
Anakin/Vader's destiny was to destroy the Emperor/Sith. In doing so redeeming himself and bringing balance to the force. Who else can call the force their daddy? Other wise Anakin would of perished in the lava. Vader's death can happen only when he fulfills his destiny.

Revan's destiny is yet to play out. I don't think he would fair to well if he took a dip in a volcano.

I find the lack of faith disturbing:vadar:

Aleggy
11-12-2004, 05:41 AM
i think your reaching just a bit i do not believe that the prophecy is the reason that anikin survived the lava bath

and for whats its worth when luke skywalker was first starting the school for jedi on yavin 4 he went to look for apprentices and while doing this on one planet he actualy 'walked' on lava

and this is not due to any prophecy luke had to fill

and i am sure that if in kotor you had had to fall in lava revan would have survived

and the sole reason i vote for revan is for the silly reason you get to be revan lol :D

Darth333
11-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Since I only play the game for testing mods now, my Revan, with his/her min1hp is unbeatable and could even survive a lava bath :D

Prime
11-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Revan>blind preschoolers of America>then Vader It is you who are mistaken...about a great many things.

ChAiNz.2da
11-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Since I only play the game for testing mods now, my Revan, with his/her min1hp is unbeatable and could even survive a lava bath :D
^^^
:vadar:
"I haven't felt a presence in the force like this, since...."

wonders how long it will be till Darth333's robe becomes black once again ::: watches avatar :::

;)

Cyborgninja
11-12-2004, 08:45 AM
It is you who are mistaken...about a great many things.

correction u are mistaken

Revan>retired vietnam veterns>blind preschoolers of america>C3PO>then vader

TheOutrider
11-12-2004, 08:51 AM

Revan>retired vietnam veterns>blind preschoolers of america>C3PO>then vader Umm Dude, I believe that you are the one who is REALLY mistaken.

But Vader is the pwnage

Vader>Revan>Everyovdy on LF>

Cyborgninja
11-12-2004, 09:10 AM
off topic-K u can flame me I don't care but stat wise I am better then u

Aleggy
11-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Darth333

any chance of a link to that mod :D

darth_nemisis
11-12-2004, 05:27 PM
IMO, I think this would be a good match, but I think Vader would come out on top.

The reason is because he is Darth Vader, the chosen one. He was conceived by the Force, and is the dark Lord of the Sith! I know he wears a heavy black suit, but that would make him faster cause he along with the suit, he had implants that would make him faster. So, I give it to Vader.

darth_nemisis

RedHawke
11-12-2004, 08:40 PM
It is you who are mistaken...about a great many things.
I fully agree Prime! :D

Revan>retired vietnam veterns>blind preschoolers of america>C3PO>then vader
Ok, how is re-posting the same, or similar statement over and over going to prove your point? Looks more like a +1 post to me, but I could be wrong...

I might suggest that you need to elaborate on your claims a little more with something a little more in-depth than "Revan pwns!" Then perhaps tell us all why does Revan win?

Remember Star Wars is all about Aniken Skywalker/Darth Vader, it is ultimately his story and his galaxy that we are talking about here. :D

AJL
11-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Which one is more advanced use of the force in the movies
(Force Grip) or (Force Lightning) ??

Somehow I have been under impression that the very precise
and controlled tele kinetic use of force required for gripping is
not something every jedi/sith can do but Anakin can do that
because he was conceived by the force and because of that
he is soo damn over powered... (Luke is Anakins son so he
is pretty damn powerfull too so he can too...)

And Force Grip is more powerfull than lightning because there
isn't really any way to block it and you don't even need to be
any where close to the guy you are trying to grip, you just
need to be able to see/sense him...

Soo... When Revan and Vader fight I think Vader would kill
Revan... (he would just strangle him where he stands...)

Aleggy
11-15-2004, 02:17 AM
^^^^
i believe force immunity will fend off the force grip, however i do think you are right the force grip is far more effective if you only have one opponent and i do belie that it does require more skill here are my reasons why

force lightning just point your dark sithy hand and fire away

force grip you have to concentrate on the target and reach out with the force and squeeze

however if you have multiple opponents the force lightning is far more effective (if you've upgraded your force lightning so you can hit multiple subjects) unless you are able to force grip multiple subjects which i am unaware of as i dont really use it RedHawke would br the one to ask as a better judge :D

stingerhs
11-15-2004, 03:35 AM
don't forget that we never really saw vader in a situation where he was facing more than one enemy at a time. not to mention, the only people he force gripped was the under-achieving military leaders of the empire.

whenever vader faced luke, he chose to use his lightsaber rather than lash out with the force. this does not mean that vader doesn't have an understanding of the force. i believe that we'll see much more of vader's understanding of the force in ep. III because he'll be facing more than one jedi at one time.

revan, on the other hand, was a sith lord. he faced multiple enemies all the time, thus his ability and understanding of the force was much more visible. this does NOT mean that he was better than vader. it only means that revan had more numerous enemies when we see him than vader did during the original trilogy.

to be honest, the best way to compare would be for them to fight each other. but thats not going to happen anytime soon....

RedHawke
11-15-2004, 07:35 PM
^^^^
i believe force immunity will fend off the force grip, however i do think you are right the force grip is far more effective if you only have one opponent and i do belie that it does require more skill here are my reasons why

force lightning just point your dark sithy hand and fire away

force grip you have to concentrate on the target and reach out with the force and squeeze
While I'm not completely fluent in D20 Star Wars RPG system, in the WEG D6 SW RPG system... Telekinetic Kill (A.K.A. Force Choke), was resisted by the target(s) Perception (Normals) or Control (Force Users) Die rolls. So it could be resisted commonly by other Force Users and only rarely by normals.

Force Lightning is great for defense against more than one opponent, or even to generate power for short jumps in hyperspace :D , even against other Force Users, it is a direct damage attack, and the only power useable against it is Absorb/Dissapate Energy (Like Yoda does vs. Dooku), or lots of Heavy Armor.
however if you have multiple opponents the force lightning is far more effective (if you've upgraded your force lightning so you can hit multiple subjects) unless you are able to force grip multiple subjects which i am unaware of as i dont really use it RedHawke would br the one to ask as a better judge :D
Lightning is better against groups of opponents, Telekinetic Kill (Force Choke) is generally a one opponent power, used to intimidate or torture.

Note: Despite the usefulness Force Lightning is a Control and Alter power, while Telekinetic Kill (Force Choke) is a Control, Sense, and Alter power, and takes longer to learn. :D

Also note: Telekinetic Kill was also not restricted to simply choking opponents, you could cause all kinds of internal mayhem to an opponent, including crush their heart(s), or even run telekinetic 'fingers" through an opponents brain doing a little blender action... very cool and Sith-y if I do say so myself.

A lot of the best 'stuff' from the WEG D6 SW RPG system is "lost" in the WotC D20 SW RPG system.

Cyborgninja
11-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Did Anakin win the Mandolrian war for the repulbic I think not

FiEND_138
11-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Was Revan a hero of the Republic in the Clone Wars.... I think not :rolleye1:

Shok_Tinoktin
11-19-2004, 12:50 PM
More importantly IMO: Did Revan bring balance to the force... I think not.

Cyborgninja
11-19-2004, 02:55 PM
I have a soultion lets all use the mod that allows reven to have vaders armor:emodanc:

when revan wears vaders amror they become Vevan and they use there powers to pwn all can I get a H*ll yeah

Aleggy
11-20-2004, 02:24 PM
a mod already exsist with darth vaders armor cant remember who's it is but its around somewhere

RedHawke
11-20-2004, 05:07 PM
a mod already exsist with darth vaders armor cant remember who's it is but its around somewhere
It's by Darth_ToMeR and it is on PCGameMods. :D (http://www.pcgamemods.com/6/)

Aleggy
11-21-2004, 11:20 AM
It's by Darth_ToMeR and it is on PCGameMods. :D (http://www.pcgamemods.com/6/)

why am i not surprised RedHawke that not only did you know who but you knew where to

i own a star wars trivial pursuit game and RedHawke you are probably one of the only people i know that would stand a very good chance of beating me at it :D

RedHawke
11-21-2004, 06:04 PM
why am i not surprised RedHawke that not only did you know who but you knew where to
Not to mention the address is easy to remember. :D
i own a star wars trivial pursuit game and RedHawke you are probably one of the only people i know that would stand a very good chance of beating me at it :D
Star Wars Trivial Persuit huh?

My SW Trivia knowledge is l33t... I would pwn u!... er'... maybe! :D

Now the Sith were the ones who created the Leviathans and who, with the Peacekeepers, and the Goa'Uld, went to Za'Ha'Dum and awakened the Shadows from their 1000 year fraternity party boomshine stupor... right? :eyeraise: And the goody, goody Asgard, Tok'Ra, Vorlons, and the Jedi held prim-and-proper Tupperware parties in the Academy on Coruscant every Friday... right? :p

stingerhs
11-22-2004, 04:30 AM
Now the Sith were the ones who created the Leviathans and who, with the Peacekeepers, and the Goa'Uld, went to Za'Ha'Dum and awakened the Shadows from their 1000 year fraternity party boomshine stupor... right? :eyeraise: And the goody, goody Asgard, Tok'Ra, Vorlons, and the Jedi held prim-and-proper Tupperware parties in the Academy on Coruscant every Friday... right? :p

errr, umm, no comment. ;)

Aleggy
11-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Star Wars Trivial Persuit huh?

My SW Trivia knowledge is l33t... I would pwn u!... er'... maybe! :D

i will take that as a compliment :D

FiEND_138
11-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Now the Sith were the ones who created the Leviathans and who, with the Peacekeepers, and the Goa'Uld, went to Za'Ha'Dum and awakened the Shadows from their 1000 year fraternity party boomshine stupor... right? :eyeraise: And the goody, goody Asgard, Tok'Ra, Vorlons, and the Jedi held prim-and-proper Tupperware parties in the Academy on Coruscant every Friday... right?
Wow.
Nice.

Tdcquicksilver5
11-22-2004, 04:02 PM
sorry posted in wrong place:mad:

Cyborgninja
11-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Tdcquicksilver5
sorry posted in wrong place:mad:

U might wanna delete your post then:)

RedHawke
11-22-2004, 06:10 PM
errr, umm, no comment. ;)
Have I stunned you with my l33t sci-fi knowledge? :D
i will take that as a compliment :D
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Wow.
Nice.
Just goes to show what 6 cans of Fosters can do. :D

Back On Topic:
--------------------------------------------------
Darth Vader/Aniken Skywalker would mop the floor with Darth Revan. ;)

Cyborgninja
11-22-2004, 06:12 PM
I don't know I still say revan pwns all or a least my revan anyways:)

Darth Omegacron
12-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Bingo RedHawke, that's exactly what happened to the Clone Emperor at the end of Dark Empire. Of course, he came back for Dark Empire II, but that's another story.

As for the topic, I would vote Revan. If you play KoTOR on the dark side, you see that Revan (the true Revan) is really powerful and intimidating. And, of course, his Force Powers are chosen by you - the player.

Unfortunately, we saw very little physical or Force action by Vader during the original trilogy. In fact, we've never seen him at his peak, which is during the twenty years between Episodes III and IV.

Vader was powerful in the Force, but his heart was not in the dark side. If he was truly dark, he would've been able to take out Palpatine at some point.

In fact, in one of the books, there was a section that showed him in his chamber (where he takes his mask off) attempting to use the Force to heal his burned lungs. When it began to work, though, he became happy (which is supposedly a "light side" emotion) and it stopped working because his happiness weakened his use of the dark side [?].

Revan, on the other side, is pure evil (if you let him be) like Maul. Unlike Maul, however, Revan would never be taken in by the ol' "flying over the head while force-pulling a nearby lightsaber" trick.

It's a hard vote, but it'd be a neat fight to see.