PDA

View Full Version : just noticed a new screenie ... *Spoilers?*

adillon
08-26-2004, 05:20 PM
... that nearly made me wet my pants. now where did i put my 'depends'??

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/images/screenshots/50.jpg

i assume those are the general's bodyguards ... any clue who the wookiee is and whether he plays a prominent part in the game's story?

ZBomber
08-26-2004, 11:49 PM
My guess is the wookie is just a regular slave wookie, maybe he has a role in one of the missions though....

Don't really like the guards. :( Too stick-like for me, buffer version mighter be cooler :)

Doomie
08-27-2004, 06:23 AM
Hell, they're droids, Zbomber, how could they not be sticklike?

Anyway, this isn't the only new screenie. I believe i liked some other new screenies betetr, noly i forgot what they were :D

ZBomber
08-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Hell, they're droids, Zbomber, how could they not be sticklike?

Anyway, this isn't the only new screenie. I believe i liked some other new screenies betetr, noly i forgot what they were :D

Not all droid are stick-like........

adillon
08-27-2004, 11:46 AM
the do resemble grevious to a degree, so i'd assume that's why they so thin, since he's not quite all that bulky.

Doomie
08-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Not all droid are stick-like........

Combat droids then. They're pretty much stick-like.

I guess they did it to give them more maneuverability and stuff...

ZBomber
08-27-2004, 01:58 PM
I know, but stickmen don't really strike fear into me. I want my enemies to atleast look evil.....

adillon
08-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I know, but stickmen don't really strike fear into me. I want my enemies to atleast look evil.....
scarecrows are skinny ... do they scare you?

http://www.bestgardening.com/bgc/images/scarecrow07.jpg

OOPS, WRONG PICTURE! :eek:

http://www.charlottegeary.com/events/011011_autumn/scarecrow.jpg

NOPE, THAT'S NOT IT! :eek:

http://www.spotsylvania.k12.va.us/saes/images/scarecrow.gif

COWER IN FEAR! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :p

ZBomber
08-27-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm friends with scarecrows, thank you very much. :)

On-Topic: I wonder if that pic is from gameplay or a cutscene

adillon
08-27-2004, 03:58 PM
my guess would be from a cutscene. why would the player be that close to the abuse of a wookiee without kicking some a$$?

:cool:

ZBomber
08-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I dunno, I prefer to go to the darker side of things. :)

I think it's a cutscene too ;)

adillon
08-27-2004, 05:03 PM
hmmm, maybe i should've worded it differently ...
;)

why would you (the player) be that close to grevious' bodyguards without them trying to kick your a$$?
:confused:

eastcoast2895
08-27-2004, 06:00 PM
this is what i remember the kashyyk video (little spoilers)

there is a wookie that is in the game that is a general and will be in episode 3. so it could be that wookie. also i believe those are general grevious's guards since they have the long staff the guards have in the video and similar look, but i couldn't get a real good look at the guards from the video.
i'm guessing this is a cutscene before kashyyk mission and a mission will be to save the wookie (i think that's the kashyyk video mission). it could be a pic taken using a floating camera like what is use in the kotor II walkthrough videos.

Doomie
08-27-2004, 06:48 PM
well, i think we ALL know what those guys are. And my theory on gettin'that close to them... maybe they're just about to kick your ass...

*Looks again* Maybe not... Anyway, i think it's not the wookiee bigwig, because i think they wouldn't treat him like that. They'd proabbly keep him in a holding cell and question him or something... besides, he doesn't really look like a general to me...

Igor_Cavkov
09-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by eastcoast2895
this is what i remember the kashyyk video (little spoilers)

there is a wookie that is in the game that is a general and will be in episode 3. so it could be that wookie. also i believe those are general grevious's guards since they have the long staff the guards have in the video and similar look, but i couldn't get a real good look at the guards from the video.
i'm guessing this is a cutscene before kashyyk mission and a mission will be to save the wookie (i think that's the kashyyk video mission). it could be a pic taken using a floating camera like what is use in the kotor II walkthrough videos.

Yep thats true..

Alegis
09-12-2004, 08:08 AM
that scarecrow from OZ looks like john kerry

screenie looks ok, except for the fact that it looks like the wookiee had a bath in gel...the hair/fur doesnt look too good

ZBomber
09-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Alegis
that scarecrow from OZ looks like john kerry

screenie looks ok, except for the fact that it looks like the wookiee had a bath in gel...the hair/fur doesnt look too good

Yeh, not a very good wookie. I don't like the eyes either.....

Igor_Cavkov
09-12-2004, 08:39 AM
that picture is some weeks old.. and the game isnt out for a while.. so they will have plenty of time polishing it up..

Doomie
09-12-2004, 10:11 AM
that picture is some weeks old

It wasn't when this thread was posted. :dozey:

Mex
09-18-2004, 10:12 AM
I haven't seen that picture before. It's really old now anyways. Ah well.