PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear ?

CapNColostomy
08-28-2004, 05:52 AM
Ok, I'm kinda "pumped up" about MGS3 and MGSA so I played through MGS2 the last couple days to warm up for those two games. But I went too fast, and I want to play some more. So bright and early in the morning I'm going to get either Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, or Metal Gear substance and I was wondering if anyone had played both and preferred one over the other?

TiE23
08-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Well, I liked Substance, and its dirt cheap, its like $15 new even at big chain brand stores.
Substance has a higher rating I belive, maybe you should Twin Snakes then Substance, cause Twin Snakes is before Substance, so I guess it will help alot to understand the story.

TiE

Doomie
08-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Depends what paltform you play on. I heard substance on PS2 was one of the best games, but on pc one of the cheapest ports. I never heard about twin snakes though, in fact i don't know much about MGS at all, so i'm afraid i won't be of any further help...

-Zack-
08-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Wanna feel original more? Then you should play MGS: Twin Snakes aka MGS on PS 1.

CapNColostomy
08-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Right, I have and beat MGS for ps1 and VR Missions. I know Twin Snakes is MGS redone. I just wondered if anyone had an opinion on which was better. Doesn't matter much at this point anyway. The game store I went to had neither.

TiE23
08-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Right, I have and beat MGS for ps1 and VR Missions. I know Twin Snakes is MGS redone. I just wondered if anyone had an opinion on which was better. Doesn't matter much at this point anyway. The game store I went to had neither. What store are you going to anyways??? What respectful store wouldn't have MGS2??

TiE

topshot
08-29-2004, 07:07 PM
The only kind of MGS I've played so far is Twin Snakes. It's pretty much a remake, but it's still good, even for an improved version. If I were in your shoes, I'd go ahead and buy both, but hey, whatever suits your fancy.

Mike Windu
08-29-2004, 07:58 PM
I was so frickin close to buying Twin Snakes at wal mart...

Then the Mature thing popped up.

Damnit, why did my wal mart have to be the one that gave a damn about the ratings...

CapNColostomy
08-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
I was so frickin close to buying Twin Snakes at wal mart...

Then the Mature thing popped up.

Damnit, why did my wal mart have to be the one that gave a damn about the ratings...

On MGS2, you can turn the blood off and it's possible to beat the game with the tranquilizer gun and never kill anyone. If it's a problem with your parents and violence in games. Maybe that could help you sell them on it?

Mike Windu
08-30-2004, 01:44 PM
They dun like gun games.

They think I'll become a mass murderer @_@

I can play the jedi knight games.. asked my dad what was the difference and he said that the guns were lasers... :indif: