PDA

View Full Version : How to not get blamed for you PC crashing


90SK
08-29-2004, 10:01 PM
For those of you who have pesky parents bothering you about crashing "thier" computer, I have made an easy to follow list of things to do in the case of a computer crashing(I'm a pro at this...unfortunately )

1. Just give them the look and ask how on earth you could have killed it

2. If they reply, "All that stuff you do!" say that stuff is designed to be PC friendly and if it killed the PC we should sue the makers.

3. If they hark on mods you have downloaded reply that the site(s) you download from have virus filtering and couldnt have done any harm to the PC

4. By then they should be weakened, so go in for the kill. Go on to state that millions of people on forums do the same stuff you do and that no harm ever be-fell them.

5. And the closer; offer to help fix the PC because of you knowledge you've gained when using it.

That should fix you up, it worked for me.

ET Warrior
08-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Hmmm, my strategy always went something more like this...

"I use my own computer, I didn't do anything to yours, you must have done something"

:D

El Sitherino
08-29-2004, 10:08 PM
I just tell em the truth, I clicked the wrong porn link. :\

oh and I use my own computer.

Anthony
08-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Actually, I end up getting angry at my parents for messing up the computer and calling me for help. :/

Alegis
08-29-2004, 10:46 PM
*sigh* you're not the one who had to learn his mum how to mass-drag and drop :p

90SK
08-30-2004, 08:06 AM
I have my own computer, but its totally outdated and I cant run anything on it since I got that C drive conversion. Since then this one is fine, though I have to endure nagging sometimes.

Anthony
08-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Late at night when your parents are sleeping, rip all the components out of your parents computer and yours, and swap 'em (aside from the Hard Drives)


uhh....yeah.

Agen
08-30-2004, 08:33 AM
"Computers naturally crash" usually works. Procede to explain all your safeguards, talk some jargon and blame it on dodgy programmers as well - usually works.

ZBomber
08-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Hmmm, my strategy always went something more like this...

"I use my own computer, I didn't do anything to yours, you must have done something"

:D

Me too. My dad got mad at me for downloading Firefox on that computer. He said "It slows down the computer" :rolleyes:

El Sitherino
08-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Me too. My dad got mad at me for downloading Firefox on that computer. He said "It slows down the computer" :rolleyes: then his computer must suck.

Mex
08-30-2004, 11:31 AM
I've had to reformat my computer around 40 times in one year. Ya know what I do? Nothing, since it's my pc and I'm allowed to mess it up.

Anthony
08-30-2004, 11:41 AM
40 times...holy ****.

Samuel Dravis
08-30-2004, 12:11 PM
I've never done anything to make my computer crash. Generally being careful about doing (mostly) only what I know is safe, and learning what I don't currently know helps with that.

Anthony
08-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah.. I mess around with settings and such too much.

ZBomber
08-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
then his computer must suck.

Duh.....

Writer
09-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Our computer (now mine) has only been screwed up once... my parents sent it off to get cleaned up and I was given a list of chores to do in order to avoid giving them my own money to pay for the work the guy did on it.

Anyways, my computer isn't connected to the internet any more, so I use my parents computer (the new one). It hasn't had a problem yet. (Then again, it is only 3 months old. The other one, the one that is now mine is 5 years old!

Kain
09-01-2004, 09:17 AM
I use the ole' 'I have my own computer, dickhead' approach.

Treacherous Mercenary
09-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Pal™
I've had to reformat my computer around 40 times in one year. Ya know what I do? Nothing, since it's my pc and I'm allowed to mess it up.

What OS is that now? :eek: I've had to reformat my PC many times with Windows 98 SE that I simply made a switch to XP, lol. And this is my PC, so anything I do is solely my responsibility and I don't have to worry about the complaints my brother is now going through. He's using the PC a lot now right next to the kitchen, so it'll be the same result, almost... Now if he would just pay attention to his mistakes... :rolleyes:

Mex
09-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by The Silent One
What OS is that now? :eek: I've had to reformat my PC many times with Windows 98 SE that I simply made a switch to XP, lol. And this is my PC, so anything I do is solely my responsibility and I don't have to worry about the complaints my brother is now going through. He's using the PC a lot now right next to the kitchen, so it'll be the same result, almost... Now if he would just pay attention to his mistakes... :rolleyes:

Sorry to bump thread but ah well.

I use Windows Xp professional. I want a Mac but I can't be bothered to buy all of that different crap you need for a mac.

Curt-Man
09-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Macs suxors and deserve to be owned, but the computer i am using now is bugged up alot, alot of adware and spy ware and crap, crashes, but not too much, sometimes it pisses me off, but meh, i'd be using our other computer, but the power source over heated and shot sparks, my dad is working on getting another one, so i have to settle for this crap box for now.