PDA

View Full Version : Lip-syncing experiment with a familiar voice...

Akril
08-30-2004, 02:56 PM
I must admit, I have a strange fascination with Lupe's voice.

After some indiscretion, I decided to use some of her lines to breathe life into one of my own characters...

And I don't think she turned out that badly... (http://www.deviantart.com/view/8508836/)

(The animation might not be in sync with the sound the first time. If this is the case, reload the page or right-click on the animation and select "Play".)

Akril

VampireNaomi
08-31-2004, 03:52 AM
Wow, that looks really, really good! You should become an animator. ;)

Sallim
08-31-2004, 05:08 AM
Cool cool! Hell how long you needed for taht, and with wchich programm is this done ?=)

Edit

Isnt it the same animal in the animation like in your avatar?;)

Sorry if I dont get from what it is, or is it your creation?

Sally J Limones
09-01-2004, 06:52 PM
LOL. That is SO good. *rolls on floor laughing*
Lupe, reincarnated!
~Sal

Akril
09-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks, all!

The frames were drawn on the computer with the mouse in Paint Shop Pro, with one frame per layer, then made into a GIF and exported into Flash, where I synced her mouth movements with the various sounds.

It's not the same cheetah as the one in my avatar, they're different characters. I'm part of a fandom that creates its own characters for roleplaying or other devious means. I just like to draw animals.

Akril

Sallim
09-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Wow hard work with frame for frame!

Again really nice, thanks for answer.

Akril
10-03-2004, 08:39 PM
An interesting story about this animation...

I posted a link to it on a fairly busy message board that I visit every now and then and created a mini-contest to see who could guess what 1998 adventure game that voice clip came from. I figured, with specifics like that, and GF being one of the best games of all time in some gaming areas, it would be a matter of a few days before someone came up with the answer, right?

Wrong. Very wrong. Nearly 1,600 members and no one even guessed the clip was from a game from Lucasarts. The person who finally got the answer was a diehard adventure gamer who was a friend of one of the forum regulars.

*Sigh...* Popularity has a different meaning in some places.

Akril

VampireNaomi
10-04-2004, 05:01 AM
What? WHAT?!

Okay, I knew there are many people who don't know a thing about GF, but... :eek: We need to start a propaganda operation.