PDA

View Full Version : What causes people to suddenly start trolling?


Doomie
08-31-2004, 02:28 AM
This might be a stupid question, but i've noticed there are two kinds of trolls: trolls that join a board just for trolling and trolls that sudenly go trolling after countless of good posts. Now, my wuestion is, what causes these people to do that?

Lightsaberboy
08-31-2004, 03:42 AM
they want attention. simple as that.

Darth Rythe
08-31-2004, 03:59 AM
HEY LOOK AT ME, EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, WHY AREN'T YOU LOOKING AT ME, HELLO PEOPLE I'M OVER HERE!!!

Mex
08-31-2004, 04:31 AM
Maybe it's just funny? I don't know.

CapNColostomy
08-31-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Now, my wuestion is, what causes these people to do that?

The same thing that causes people to post "Nobody likes me, so I'm leaving" threads only to return within the hour. Attention. Or lack thereof.

-=ReApEr=-
08-31-2004, 04:43 AM
Boredom? Because it gets boring sometimes posting over and over and seeing the same threads, and they decide to cause trouble and start flames by posting unrelated posts and topics. And then enjoy watching the aftermath.

I guess it's the whole rage which some people display when a troll starts a flame.

ckcsaber
08-31-2004, 05:09 AM
Meh, LF does not really have too much of a problem with trolling, trust me.

What gets me is this supposed sense of elitism in a lot of members. I see it more and more.

Alegis
08-31-2004, 05:19 AM
doomgiver what kind of stupid thread is this you **** ******* ******** ******** of a ****** ***** in a ***** *****.

I guess it's for fun. *sits back and waits for fun

Astrotoy7
08-31-2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
Meh, LF does not really have too much of a problem with trolling, trust me.

What gets me is this supposed sense of elitism in a lot of members. I see it more and more.

Elitism....I don't know about that.......all I can say is that I hate those damn 2003 n00b scum, coming in here like they know s**t, let them eat cake! :p

mtfbwya

Samuel Dravis
08-31-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
Meh, LF does not really have too much of a problem with trolling, trust me.

What gets me is this supposed sense of elitism in a lot of members. I see it more and more. Yeah, you go to virtually any other forum and it so full of spam, trolling, and off-topic posts it's insane. LF is a very nice forum. :)

ZBomber
08-31-2004, 06:38 AM
Its the sex..... :p


Well, it all started (For Hob) as a soammy I'm-back thread. It got closed, he got mad and made two more spam threads. Then he got his ass pwned. :p

IG-64
08-31-2004, 06:44 AM
To be















annoying.

I was annoyed :xp: ~ET

Hiroki
08-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Because that is who they are. They are the people who park right up against you, so they have an excuse to ram there car door right into your own...

Kain
08-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Hiroki
Because that is who they are. They are the people who park right up against you, so they have an excuse to ram there car door right into your own...

Those people are my favorite. First they park that close, then they realize they're that close, then, instead of doing the obvious thing of backing and and moving farther away from your car, they just open their door (wide if they have to) and make a nice long wide scratch on your door. AND THE BEST THING is if you call THEM on it, they say YOU were parked too close to THEM.

Of all the people I wish I could tear to shreds and not suffer any kind of punishment or prosecution (cept maybe their families...whom I would also tear to shreds), those would definently be top on my list.

jokemaster
08-31-2004, 09:45 AM
Well doomy, when a person goes without sex for more than 3 years......

Pad
08-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by jokemaster
Well doomy, when a person goes without sex for more than 3 years......
Why would they do that? :eyeraise:

jokemaster
08-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Pad
Why would they do that? :eyeraise:
Oh, multiple reasons: Inability to find partner, fast draw mcgraw, etc.

ZBomber
08-31-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Pad
Why would they do that? :eyeraise:

Blame Canada for that. :p

Oh God, I keed, I keed!

El Sitherino
08-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by jokemaster
Oh, multiple reasons: fast draw mcgraw rofl. that's horribly funny. XD


people do it for a variety of reasons, namely cuz they want me to set fire to their groins.

CapNColostomy
08-31-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
rofl. that's horribly funny. XD


people do it for a variety of reasons, namely cuz they want me to set fire to their groins.

That's the ONLY reason I do it. The fiery groin hope. I just keep on keepin' on with my trolling, hoping that someday, I'll be worthy. Matter of fact, I thought I had made a pretty good example of proper trolling right here in this thread, a few posts up. I had my fire extinguisher ready and everything. But alas, my groin remains unlit.

Doomie
08-31-2004, 11:24 AM
I didn't expect so much sarcasm/unfriendly replies. Thanks a lot for reminding me to that, capn. And hours must last a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time where you live...

jokemaster
08-31-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
I didn't expect so much sarcasm/unfriendly replies. Thanks a lot for reminding me to that, capn. And hours must last a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time where you live...
If my reply seemed unfriendly, I apolofize. I was just making a joke. The truth is nobody knows why people suddenly spam. It's for a variety of reasons. Boredom, attention, just wanting to go out with a blast, depression, someone else getting on the accoung, being crabby, trying to be funny, and a variety of other reasons.

Darth Groovy
08-31-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Yeah, you go to virtually any other forum and it so full of spam, trolling, and off-topic posts it's insane. LF is a very nice forum. :)

I'm really glad you think so. We try, and it is nice to know that someone appreciates it. :)

Seriously, thank you!

To troll, or not to troll? That IS the question. Alot of it I feel is maturity. Most of the trolls attacks that we had back in 2002 were done by people that simply hate Star Wars, hate the games, and love to stir up a hornets' nest worth of trouble.

Most of them turn out to be early teenagers, that think it is funny to crap on other forums. I have been to forums where most of the members are extremely young, and they launch what we call "forum wars" , sounds silly , but they really think this is fun. They even post threads like "OMFG (insert title) forums really suck!" Then they go and launch spam attacks. So yeah, it's a child's game, nothing more.

KBell
08-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Excessive Tweenkie consumption causes some mild cases of trolling.

ET Warrior
08-31-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
They even post threads like "OMFG (insert title) forums really suck!" Then they go and launch spam attacks. So yeah, it's a child's game, nothing more.

.....Evula anyone? :dozey:

MADD>uB<
08-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Elitism....I don't know about that.......all I can say is that I hate those damn 2003 n00b scum, coming in here like they know s**t, let them eat cake! :p

mtfbwya

Pffftt....Tell me about , some people


*attempts to change join date*

Tyrion
08-31-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Most of them turn out to be early teenagers, that think it is funny to crap on other forums. I have been to forums where most of the members are extremely young, and they launch what we call "forum wars" , sounds silly , but they really think this is fun. They even post threads like "OMFG (insert title) forums really suck!" Then they go and launch spam attacks. So yeah, it's a child's game, nothing more.

:dozey:

Grooves, may I please be excused once to call you a generalizing bastard?

(:D )

RoxStar
08-31-2004, 03:55 PM
CauseI've gota rock in my shoe!:mad:

Grrrrrrr.........:mad:

Darth Groovy
08-31-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
:dozey:

Grooves, may I please be excused once to call you a generalizing bastard?

(:D )

Generalizing is not the case. Take the example of our last forum invasion. 99% of the people that belong to that forum were between the ages of 12-15. It's not a stereotype, it just happens be that way most of the time. :/

Curt-Man
08-31-2004, 06:38 PM
can someone please just tell me what is Evula?
and i think people troll because they are noobs and think it is funny, and possible other theories.

Tyrion
08-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Curt-Man
can someone please just tell me what is Evula?

It was one time when certain...petty wampies decided to troll another forum called Evula.

(And no, I didn't join in the trolling. :p)

ZBomber
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
It was one time when certain...petty wampies decided to troll another forum called Evula.

(And no, I didn't join in the trolling. :p)

Was that the one that had forum named the swamp?

Kain
08-31-2004, 08:36 PM
Speaking of trolling, who remembers that stupid ass 'invasion' thing the XWA forumers tried pulling? That was funny...funny like nailing your hand to a piece of concrete.

ZBomber
08-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Speaking of trolling, who remembers that stupid ass 'invasion' thing the XWA forumers tried pulling? That was funny...funny like nailing your hand to a piece of concrete.

Yeh, the whole army of about 5 people! Yup, good ol'e Zoom Rabbit. ;)

Astrotoy7
08-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
It was one time when certain...petty wampies decided to troll another forum called Evula.

(And no, I didn't join in the trolling. :p)

the petty swampies you refer to are myself, sabre, Siv and Pie...... we "attacked" a DEAD part of a relatively obscure forum.... The aim wasnt to cause disruption in the other forum, because as I had said that particular part of EV*** hadnt been posted in for nearly 10 months.....it was FREAKIN DEAD. I would like to say more, but the ppl I'd like to make light of are now mods so I wont do that :D

a cpl of weeks after our 'intrusion' and only 3 small threads mainly discussing cheese(hardly an invasion), that DEAD part of that forum was closed.... not because of our stupid invasion, but because it was DEAD to begin with.... :(

why did we do it a)stupidity b)boredom c)the devil told me to
all these excuses work for astro :D

mtfbwya

Crow_Nest
09-01-2004, 12:29 AM
When they watch too much troll movies and try to be a troll themselves :D

Astrotoy7
09-01-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
When they watch too much troll movies and try to be a troll themselves :D

*:)* Crow, I miss your antics, where've you been man :)

*hugs his bird buddy Crowski*

mtfbwya