PDA

View Full Version : What do you like the most about KotoR? [Spoilers]

sith_master2000
09-02-2004, 01:12 AM
I really like the plot twists; like how the Jedi Council lead you to believe the Revan was a hero to the Republic but then he became a villain and then later finding out that you actually are Revan. Also the great story line.

*edit* please use the [spoiler] tags (I edited the message for you this time.)
Thanks, Darth333

FiEND_138
09-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Besides what you've listed...............

The characters.

The music score. I'm so glad they didn't just recycle the same old SW music from the films. Don't get me wrong, Williams is an amazing composer, but playing different LA games all with 'Escape from Cloud City' gets rather old after a while. The new stuffs a breath of fresh air that fits perfect, & the new music for TSL is what I'm most excited about.

DarthBuzzard
09-02-2004, 04:30 PM
the music. definentally. In the KotOR arena mod, I love just standing at the jukebox selecting from the many songs KotOR has, not just same ol-same-ol starwars stuff.

Voice acting - the games strongest point...it made the characters seem real :eek: I'm really hoping we get the same excellent voice acting in KotORTSL

Storyline - Very well done, almost made you feel a part of it :eek:

kencl
09-05-2004, 01:08 AM
The scenery was cool, particularly the beach. I was planning to go back there but...the game ends as soon as you complete the most important mission IE destroying the Star BuilderMission was great - she went on most of my outings except when fighting was tough and I bought her the best possible armor. Her character was so realistic I felt genuinely protective of her.I also chose her to rescue us when we were captured flying between planets. I knew she could get past most locks and she came through :)

Darth Dex
09-05-2004, 05:50 PM
The twists in the stroy, but also Bastila, lol, just kidding......maybe;)

Edit- Note to Darth333 I am not trying to start another Bastila lover theard it was just a joke.

Achilles
09-05-2004, 08:09 PM
The story and layout. Both are very intricate and well done IMHO.

MTV2
09-05-2004, 08:24 PM
I like the twists in the story, like:
When Bastila goes to the darkside

and

How you find out that you are really Revan

I like the players also, their great:)

RedHawke
09-05-2004, 10:52 PM
It was an excellently executed RPG game that actually felt like watching/controlling an actual Star Wars movie, that was its coolest feature, well to me anyway. :D

kome566
09-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Da Gizka!! :D and the little Sith Academy...felt like I was in my first stage of Great Power to come....screw those little Sith Wanna-Bes...I AM THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bored: errrr..... :lightning :sithm:

mxpower
09-30-2004, 02:56 AM
Hmm......the voice acting, the story, the characters and the plot twists were all great. But the real stand out for me is the replayability. You can do something different ever time you play. You can more or less do anything you want. If you want to be a jerk all the time or use people you can. I've played the game as fully LS.......boring.....There was no real pay off for me going that route. I've played LS 3/4 the way through then switched at the end. That was alright. But the best for me was playing DS right from the start :) My favorite part of the game was:

At the temple when I hooked up with Bastila then killed Jolee. (I killed Johani in the grove) Then when we went down to the beach and everybody turned against Carth and Mission. Of course you know Carth ran but I had Zaalbar kill Mission. I liked Mission so I had him kill her for me. :)
That was the best part of the game for me.

Oh and you can't forget HK. I thought his best line was:
When we went to the Sith academy and I talk to the head master about getting prestige and HK says something like : What if we killed eveybody in this building ,would that not be an impressive feat?

Prime
09-30-2004, 07:08 AM
Making out with Bastila!!1!11oneone

stingerhs
09-30-2004, 07:13 AM
voice acting; being in what felt like a movie; the plot twists; hk-47; being able to slaughter (some) of the annoying characters; what prime said; etc, etc, etc...

:joy:

Darth Straker
10-23-2004, 01:10 PM
The music, the voice acting, HK-47,Darth Malak, the plot twists and the swoop races, plus everything else :D

TheOutrider
10-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Gettin Jiggy with Bastilla on the Ebon hawk, actually the great voices, Bastilla does alot of voices in cartoons, and games. She is Junko Zane in freelancer

Mono_Giganto
10-30-2004, 12:48 PM
HK and the unique music score. :)

RedHawke
10-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by JediDüde
Gettin Jiggy with Bastilla on the EbonRedhawke
EbonRedhawke??? :confused:

*Backs away from thread quickly!*

:D

FiEND_138
11-01-2004, 12:21 AM
LoL!!!!

Aleggy
11-01-2004, 03:56 PM
lol did jedi dude actualy write that on purpose lol

ok i have to agree with everything already stated but are you forgetting the most important thing that made the 'pc' version of kotor so great and replayable

MODS

and being able to upgrade your lightsaber and change the colour at any time via a workbench

Analia
11-05-2004, 12:02 AM
I love Carth he's hot!

and this:

joining with Bastila on the Temple Summit when going on ds

RedHawke
11-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Aleggy
lol did jedi dude actualy write that on purpose lol
I am starting to seriously think so!

J/K JediMasterDude :D ... Or Not! :eyeraise:

*Backs slowly away from thread once again!*

RebelScum!
11-05-2004, 07:09 PM
THe whole story and

You turnning out to be the evil master's master

Darkkender
11-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Most deifnetly HK especially when you keep trying to repair him and your repair is to low. Man I love some of those statements he makes.

Of course the fact that as Redhawke has said it feels like a real RPG.

SentinelRivers
11-09-2004, 12:06 AM
The storyline and...

The FMV as your talking to Malak on the Sith Cruiser and you see Revan remove his/her mask to reveal your actual characters face :D

Darkside_tanro
11-09-2004, 11:15 AM
The characters. Esp, Mission. The battle system, this is how a D&D based video game should be done. Its just friggin great, The best battle system for a rpg i can think of. The battles never get old. Unlike some rpg's *cough*Final Fantasy*cough*.

TheOutrider
11-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I am starting to seriously think so!

J/K JediMasterDude :D ... Or Not! :eyeraise:

*Backs slowly away from thread once again!* I did not type that on purpose(editing now):rolleyes:
RedHawkes name kinda sounds like the Ebon Hawk. Haven't been here in a while so I haven't caught sight of that.

RebelScum!
11-17-2004, 09:33 AM
I also like HK and his Human "Meatbags"

Darkkender
11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by RebelScum1
I also like HK and his Human "Meatbags"

OR

how about

the origin of the meatbag reference being Malak:cool:

Acaciah
11-18-2004, 03:56 PM
OMG, I should NOT have read this thread!

OH well. It's not like I don't spoil myself to death on RotS.

Question then, on the spoiler:

Are you Revan even if your PC is a female?

I'll admit semi-newbie status for comp gaming, because I have tried other games and none have sucked me in the way KotoR has. It's like crack, only better!

Mono_Giganto
11-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Acaciah
OMG, I should NOT have read this thread!

OH well. It's not like I don't spoil myself to death on RotS.

Question then, on the spoiler:

Are you Revan even if your PC is a female?

I'll admit semi-newbie status for comp gaming, because I have tried other games and none have sucked me in the way KotoR has. It's like crack, only better!

Yes

Darkkender
11-18-2004, 04:09 PM
I'll admit semi-newbie status for comp gaming, because I have tried other games and none have sucked me in the way KotoR has. It's like crack, only better! [/B]

Just wait untill we get you modding then you will become consumed by the darkside.

you'll find you want this
jedi's held in stasis to drain life energy away from to keep yourself revitalized.
for yourself at home.:D

Acaciah
11-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Yes

OMG, don't tempt me. I'm already starting to muck around with some mods.

...although I find myself thinking that if I cheat too much I might as well go Dark Side. It's impatience, isn't it? My PC is such a light side goodie goodie though.

Darth333
11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
OMG, don't tempt me. I'm already starting to muck around with some mods.

...although I find myself thinking that if I cheat too much I might as well go Dark Side. It's impatience, isn't it? My PC is such a light side goodie goodie though.
[Force persuade] You should try modding and make you own cheats [/Force persuade]

What I found great about this game was the story which was at least as good as the OT movies.

Acaciah
11-18-2004, 05:29 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/52.gif
Yes, Master.

Darth333
11-18-2004, 05:50 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/52.gif
Yes, Master.
Great! You truly have potential! :dev11: See guys? This is how you should behave on the boards!

...and welcome to the Darkside Acaciah :D

ChAiNz.2da
11-19-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Great! You truly have potential! :dev11: See guys? This is how you should behave on the boards!

...and welcome to the Darkside Acaciah :D

:worship: Not even being poked with a stick can sway us from your powers Darth333 ;)

Welcome Acaciah to the Darksi.. err modding community...
Take it from me, modding becomes rewarding, and time consuming, and sleep deprevation, and...

but I wouldn't have it any other way... definitely worth "taking the plunge"....

Mono_Giganto
11-19-2004, 10:48 AM
[Force persuade] You should try modding and make you own cheats [/Force persuade]

What I found great about this game was the story which was at least as good as the OT movies.

It might be me, but it very loosely follows it too.

Aleggy
11-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
:worship: Not even being poked with a stick can sway us from your powers Darth333 ;)

Welcome Acaciah to the Darksi.. err modding community...
Take it from me, modding becomes rewarding, and time consuming, and sleep deprevation, and...

but I wouldn't have it any other way... definitely worth "taking the plunge"....

and first thing on my next day off i'm gonna start ......maybe

even though i'm confident that i'll be able to do it and do it well, i'm still trying to work up the courage to start lol but any day now i will :D

Darth333
11-19-2004, 02:15 PM
i'm still trying to work up the courage to start lol but any day now i will :D
and once you take the plunge, you will have to find the courage to stop, and you'll start a "modder anonymous" thread :D

RedHawke
11-19-2004, 07:32 PM
i'm still trying to work up the courage to start lol but any day now i will :D
"Once you start down the dark path (of modding) it will dominate your destiny... consume you it will!" - Yoda

:D

ChAiNz.2da
11-20-2004, 12:37 AM
and once you take the plunge, you will have to find the courage to stop, and you'll start a "modder anonymous" thread :D

Hi Everyone. My name is ChAiNz and I'm a...I'm a ...*sigh* a modder.

Hello ChAiNz ;)

Yeah, and just when you decide to "take some time off" from modding...cchargin or Fred comes out with some new spectacular 'tool toy' to play with...

arrgghh I'm never going to get my website updated! :rolleyes:

:: EDIT :: Scratch that theory. FINALLY got a 'workable' re-design up & running. Still a bunch to add..but it's a start... :elephant:

Mono_Giganto
11-20-2004, 05:40 AM
Imagine how I feel no one has seen me for weeks.

Aleggy
11-20-2004, 03:17 PM

ROFLMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

there speaks a fan of my kotor anonymous thread :D

90SK
11-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Not to mention modding sucks away your social life. It totally impossibe to keep up a relationship when you are more interested in working on the skin than seeing you spouse.

Hey, wanna go to the movies with me on Friday?

"Er...Sorry, I have...things to do." *click* (rusmes furious modding)

On topic: I think my favorite thing about KotOR, aside from it being a great game, is knowing that we have an even better sequal coming soon!:D

Cthik Xegony
11-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Im not sure this is entirely on topic anymore, but i'll go ahead with my opinion anyway.

in my humble opinion, the revelation that you are Darth Revan was one of those plot twists that just launched the game into the stratosphere.

My first character was a female, which i think seriously contributed to this. I spoke to some friends who did a male first, and most of them saw it coming, and those who didnt werent all THAT shocked by it, but me and my other friend(who also did female) were just completely stunned by this. You assume that badass freaky Darth Revan is an uberevil guy, but she's really a SHE!

so the next time, i spent the entire game searching like every line of dialogue, looking for a pronoun used to describe Revan. Of course, i couldnt find one! I was so sure he was a he..but i was wrong. I really cant convey how that felt, lol :D

starmark2k
11-25-2004, 05:54 AM
The twist was what i liked the most.
They just kept dropping these subtle hints that you only put together after you are actually told.

Can anyone honetly say they saw it coming?

90SK
11-25-2004, 07:08 AM
I can, because the stinking JA idiots can't keep secrets. :swear:

Mono_Giganto
11-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by CaptainSkye
I can, because the stinking JA idiots can't keep secrets. :swear:

What a coincidence I was about to say the same thing.

*Slips in JA disk, logs onto server, blasts noobs with bowcaster*

*Walks away whistling*

90SK
11-25-2004, 07:54 AM
Here. (http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Darth_Revan_From_KotoR;23323x#295254)

Comment #8.

R.I.P. CaptainSkye's spoiler-freedom

:crybaby:

starmark2k
11-25-2004, 08:29 AM
^^^

I can see how if you lokked at that before you got to that part of kotor you waould get wound up.