View Full Version : My Reason

RpTheHotrod
09-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I put this together.

I hope you all enjoy it.

www.jaguarfx.net/hotrod/MyReason.wmv

IG-64
09-06-2004, 03:03 AM
ooooooo, very nice, very good music and very nice writing.

Darth Rythe
09-06-2004, 03:08 AM
For all those slow internet people here, its only 2.62mb.

Umm...yes..whatever floats your boat.:D

Astrotoy7
09-06-2004, 03:40 AM
Look, Rp, I know Im not you're fave poster, but I'm really not trying to flame you here, but please read what I say.

Do you think it is just you that suffers heartache or frustration each day ? Do you think it is just you that wishes they could do more for their friends, their children, their families....

I think this is something EVERY HUMAN BEING WHO WALKS THIS EARTH has to deal with. Even people who seem to "have it all", don't. There is always pain, anger and mistrust, it is part of the human condition, and this will *never change*

I am sure you perhaps do alot of work to help others, but many of us do. We're not all selfish or self absorbed. In fact I havent met *too many* people that I would describe as as having absolutely *no* concern for others. I myself am a health worker. I work with asylum seekers, mainly Iraqi and Somalian asylum seekers nowdays, as well as many other members of my local community, some well off, some not so well off. I didnt set out to do this work with a noble mission, or doctrine guiding my way. I do it because it's *what I do*. I dont feel comfortable doing anything else, and it is natural to me. I dont need to publish my 'reasons' to anyone nor make an inspirational video about it.

I hope you can appreciate what Im saying without thinking I am attacking or flaming you...

have a nice day...

mtfbwya

RpTheHotrod
09-06-2004, 03:57 AM
and why exactly are you posting why you would or would not make a video?

You didn't...so why bring it up?

My reasons I made that are for very good reasons, but only a select few would understand...but note, this isn't

"Why did I make this video?"

thread.

and I highly doubt even a tenth of the earth's population has this happen to them. You have no idea what I'm even talking about, so don't bother trying to debate it. This is something that means something to me, and to the few who know.

Astrotoy7
09-06-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
.....You have no idea what I'm even talking about, so don't bother trying to debate it. This is something that means something to me, and to the few who know....

man, you're real good at spreading understanding and tolerance... If only a select few know what you are talking about, why are you sharing with all of us.... Its confusing, not to say condescending...

*sigh*

mtfbwya

Darth Rythe
09-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
man, you're real good at spreading understanding and tolerance... If only a select few know what you are talking about, why are you sharing with all of us.... Its confusing, not to say condescending...

*sigh*

mtfbwya

I sort of agree with you Astro, but he can do what he wants:p

OT: Msn.......*hint hint*

RpTheHotrod
09-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Again, I merely made the video and put it here. You're the one trying to question WHY I made it. Then I answer as much as I can, and now you are saying I'm trying to confuse you.

Just don't say anything.

Hiroki
09-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Hey RP, give me a shout on msn. I have somebody I think you would really like to meet.

GothiX
09-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Just don't say anything.

Seriously, Astro, shut up. I mean, even if it's posted on a public forum, where freedom of speech is a well-known thing, and you are entitled to your own opinion, you really shouldn't say anything! Because if you do, and you happen to be right, Rp's not special!

I'm sorry, but your way of posting is really bothering me, Rp. You say you care for others, but I can't see anything that has the slightest indication of it.

Hiroki
09-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Well he gets the liberal 3rd degree every time he posts something about his life. Never mind anything about God. I would be a little bitter too if I where him. Perhaps you guys should just...lay off. If you don't have anything nice, constructive, or remotely useful to say, do not say anything at all.

Sam Fisher
09-06-2004, 07:28 AM
Nice...music.

*Crickets chirp*

RoxStar
09-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Sorry to be ignorant... but what is "your Curse"

:confused:

The Truthful Liar
09-06-2004, 07:49 AM
I have a very removed view from what's going on so I'll try to give an unbiased opinion. If you think it comes off harsh, it doesn't mean I'm biased, just that I'm trying to be honest. If you think it comes off as incorrect, it doesn't mean that I'm trying to make false claims - just perhaps that I'm uninformed or ignorant of the facts.

Firstly, I'll give the opinion and point of a friend of mine who doesn't use LucasForums but had the chance of viewing this thread and watching the video.

"I hate idiots who make people suicidal by releasing such things. I know people who spend time crying over those questions.
What if you discover the "right" way of life, the 100% correct way to live it. Splendid, but who are you showing off to? What are you proving, and are you even happy living it."

Now to focus on the issue going on in this thread.

Astrotoy7 gives his opinion, and plainly tries to explain that he doesn't want to flame and hopes that his post will be read.

RP defends himself giving the answer "My reasons I made that are for very good reasons, but only a select few would understand...".
Well in the first place, Astrotoy wasn't attacking you - there wasn't need to be defensive, however going down the road you chose, might have opened a can of worms.

I for one would like to hear your reasons, it's only fair to get it out in the open so that other people in this forum understand. Otherwise this is exclusive content, if other people won't understand why are you showing it to us?
Hell I probably won't understand either then. Forget it, we don't need to understand other than just to watch and appreciate, right?

Finishing off with "Just don't say anything." was completely the wrong mood to use. There isn't any necessity for "shutting up" Astrotoy just because he disagrees with what you've posted.

GothiX comes in later to the thread and starts off with "Seriously, man, shut up." Wrong direction yet again, however slightly justified as he wasn't the first person to say that.

I just wanted to give you guys alittle insight on what you're posting and what kind of energy this thread gives off with these kind of posts.

I'll end this post to comment the video itself, I think that would make one hell of a hallmark e-card. :thumbsup:

ZBomber
09-06-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm not trying to attack you either Rp, but:

.....You have no idea what I'm even talking about, so don't bother trying to debate it. This is something that means something to me, and to the few who know....

Then, why don't you just PM it. Couldn't you tell it was gonna cause a little comotion with the people who don't know what you are talking about?

Anyways, the end gave me chills. ;)

GothiX
09-06-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by The Truthful Liar
GothiX comes in later to the thread and starts off with "Seriously, man, shut up."
I actually directed that whole part to Astrotoy, just to show how wrong Rp was in saying that.

The Truthful Liar
09-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by GothiX
I actually directed that whole part to Astrotoy, just to show how wrong Rp was in saying that.

Oh I understand now. :)

--ZeeMan--
09-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Clicky for reasons (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=130926)

dammit rp you know how long i spent searching for that! :p

legameboy
09-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Most of these people won't even believe that because of their doubt in the "paranormal" or "supernatural."

Mike Windu
09-06-2004, 09:06 AM
It's a nice video.

But to me, it appeared as if you were making yourself out to be somewhat superior to us.

"Your gift, your curse" I won't say what I would love so very much to say, due to my sarcastic but good natured personality, which one might view as spite. I don't mean it.

I suppose I might as well say it, however I will try and keep this as supportive as possible. You sounded a bit like Peter Parker, and much of your video seems taken from Aunt May's speeches.

This isn't a flame, by the way.

- Hahaha, It's a giraffe.

ET Warrior
09-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
"Your gift, your curse" I won't say what I would love so very much to say, due to my sarcastic but good natured personality, which one might view as spite. I don't mean it.

I suppose I might as well say it, however I will try and keep this as supportive as possible. You sounded a bit like Peter Parker, and much of your video seems taken from Aunt May's speeches.

Isn't "My gift, My curse" The exact line that he says at the end of the first spider man? I think it was. I didn't watch the video yet so I have no comment :dozey:

Mike Windu
09-06-2004, 10:18 AM
No, I was just summarizing a part of his video. Sorry for ze misunderstanding there ET :xp:

"My gift...my curse..." There, elipsises(plural?) to show that I'm leaving out parts :D

ET Warrior
09-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
"My gift...my curse..." There, elipsises(plural?) to show that I'm leaving out parts :D

Oh, okay. thanks :D

(I'll have to check it out in abit, but it does infact sound very peter parker-esque from what everyone is saying)

Hiroki
09-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Except Spiderman was bitten by a radioactive spider, which granted him superpowers. RP was granted his awesome strength, agility, and abilities, from the insanely difficult trials of working for UPS. :D

No seriously, I based a Superhero off of him, in City of Heroes, I called him The Packager, he gained super strength from being a UPS delivery boy. ;)

Mike Windu
09-06-2004, 10:48 AM
My point exactly, and you even managed to keep the good humored nature that I was trying to achieve!

Kudos, Hiroki.

Datheus
09-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by The Truthful Liar
Firstly, I'll give the opinion and point of a friend of mine who doesn't use LucasForums but had the chance of viewing this thread and watching the video.

"I hate idiots who make people suicidal by releasing such things. I know people who spend time crying over those questions.
What if you discover the "right" way of life, the 100% correct way to live it. Splendid, but who are you showing off to? What are you proving, and are you even happy living it."Yeah. That about sums it up.

RpTheHotrod
09-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Man, you people are just bent on flaming anyone that comes by.

I have been accused in this thread of trying to make people commit suicide...I have been accused of claming I'm a superhero... I've been accused of claming that I am better than everyone else.

Have any of you people ever even considered that some people have so much inner feelings that they need SOME way to release it?

If you really want to know PART of what's going on. According to Astro, "everyone" does this.

I'm somewhat of a counsellor. I spend days driving hours to help people get out of situations. I have people with a gun in their yard as I pull up and try to talk them out of killing whoever they plan on killing. I stand for what's right when others don't, and sometimes have death threats....another reason why I had to move a lot growing up. When I see someone starting to go down a bad path, I'll go out of my way to try to keep them from continuing. I have dreams of accidents, and those accidents happen in real life. Can you imagine how it feels to know if someone is going to survive a trip, and them not listening to you and you have to sit back and know that's the last time you'll see them? THAT is my curse, knowing and not having the ability to change it. I can't explain it, and all because you don't believe in things like that doesn't mean you can come in flaming. I affect people in such a way, and I try to be that "brother" that they need. I often stay up till 5am every night just trying to help others online deal with things. Half the time I login, I get about 12 IMs within 2 minutes. I got people out there crying, are suicidal, depressed, questions about life, or just needing help with their school homework. Sometimes I don't get sleep, at all.

I sacrifice my own time for OTHERS, and you all claim I'm some stuckup jerk who just brags all the time? Brags about what?

None of you here really know what I do, I simply put up the video, but as for someone who DOES know, I had this response, "Dont know if anyone ever told you this but I really appreciate what you do for people."

So cut out the attacks. It's a simple video and you all get ruffled up about it. I'm just putting something I made here. I didn't ask you to understand it 100% That would be like flaming people for not understanding their sig.

It's amazing how hated you can be, just for being someone who cares.

Sam Fisher
09-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Well RP, I think one of the reasons some people get "in your face" is because you've posted several threads with the underlying topic of "I can see into the future, but I cannot change it"

Now it really doesn't matter to me, but do you think a lot of people on a forum would really believe that?

I really don't know if you are indeed telling the truth, but I also don't know if you are lying.

P.S

I do respect people that care.

RpTheHotrod
09-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Don't believe it, then don't post about it. This isn't debate forums. I'm the one getting the nightmares, so why should you all go off about it :p

About this for you all then: Consider that it's actually true, and now imagine how I feel about these personal attacks.

Sam Fisher
09-06-2004, 02:56 PM
I didn't go off about it, I just said my opinion about the whole friggan deal :)

BTW, can I have some of your dreams? I want to know if I;m gonna kill my brother after something he did ^^

CapNColostomy
09-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Don't believe it, then don't post about it. This isn't debate forums.

So in other words, the only feedback you want is something along the lines of "Oh, you poor tortured soul!" or whatever? And anything offered other than that is a flame? I'm sorry, but that's lame. Why even post it if you didn't want critcism? That's great that you help people and what not, but if you're such a righteous man, maybe you should stop fishing for sympathy, or pats on the back around here. Because it seems obvious you won't be getting it.

RpTheHotrod
09-06-2004, 03:09 PM
No....thanks for the flame though. I posted it because everyone I showed it to like it so I thought I'd post it here, too.

RpTheHotrod
09-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Why even post it if you didn't want critcism?

If you notice, not one post here was criticizing the video. All of it was criticizing my personality. aka flaming

Feanaro
09-06-2004, 03:11 PM
RpTheHotrod, all i've gotta say is that no matter what these guys say or think about you, it doesn't matter. Your rewards are not here, this world is nothing compared to what is to come.

IG-64
09-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey, don't take it so hard man, it's a community, theres bound to be ppl that post crap like this.

I belive your story... But to a point, theres always doubt.

Lets just say I belive you enough to where if you told me not to go to the store today, I wouldn't go to the store.

ZBomber
09-06-2004, 04:54 PM
No....thanks for the flame though. I posted it because everyone I showed it to like it so I thought I'd post it here, too.

You have to remember not everyone here is Christian, and you are kinda going on about all this stuff about God and it may offend some people who don't believe in him.

EDIT:
To everyone insulting RP - Leave him alone. Be more considerate and think how you'd feel in the situation.

RP - Just becuase someone has a different opinion than you or is commenting on your work doesn't mean they are flaming you. ;)

Samuel Dravis
09-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
You have to remember not everyone here is Christian, and you are kinda going on about all this stuff about God and it may offend some people who don't believe in him. To me, it would be kind of strange to be insulted by something that depends on a God you do not believe exists for its validity. If He doesn't, you wouldn't feel too threatened by it, right?

Mike Windu
09-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Funny thing is I believe in God, and I believe in Jesus. And I sometimes visit a Baptist church.

I just... don't really think there's a need for this video.

IF you want me to flame by God I will do it. I'm trying to be nice, please don't take advantage of it.

This also, isn't a flame, but some of your posts sound a bit self centered/conceited/whatever you want to call it.

Things along the lines of "I help people all day". Well, that's fantastic, but it sounds like you're just bragging.

Hell, it's words, I may be taking your tone incorrectly, but fer Christ's sake you can't post something and not have a discussion about it.

1) You've made about 5 topics about this.
2) Not everyone is going to, as Cap says, pat you on the back, say good job, you poor thing, etc.

I'm not saying we're ALL jackasses, either.

Don't take me too seriously.

"Sing with me, sing for the year, sing for the laughter, sing for the tear..."

ZBomber
09-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
To me, it would be kind of strange to be insulted by something that depends on a God you do not believe exists for its validity. If He doesn't, you wouldn't feel too threatened by it, right?

Well, there are kids on here. Some may not believe in a God, and if they keep reading that there is a God, they may question their parents and that wouldn't be very good to cause such comotion.

EDIT - Mike, don't use Aerosmith lyrics ending your posts. :p AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY EMINEM BECAUSE HE COPIED HIM :XP:

"Walk this Way!"

Mike Windu
09-06-2004, 05:10 PM
I questioned my parents religion a while ago.

I have long sinced renounced Buddhism.

The principles are still good however, and I will follow them.

Zed: EMINEM MADE IT COOL!

>.>

<.<

"Ohhh ohh, sweet child of mine..."

ZBomber
09-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Eminem made it stupid......

"Yo yo, I kileld my wife. SO DON'T EVER **** WITH ME AGAIN!"

Then he turns a peacful song into crap about how life is so hard....

But, allas, this isn't the place to discuss this. ;)

Mike Windu
09-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Are you not aware I was kidding?

I want Run DMC back though >.>

:xp:

RpTheHotrod
09-06-2004, 05:50 PM
and now you're trying to turn this into a religious debate...? Did I ever mention once anything about Christianity, religion, or God in general? You'll try to find anything possible to try to start a fight.

Why do you hate people so much, that care? It doesn't even make sense.

Last warning, cut out the personal attacks and trying to change the subject into something you want to fight. This has nothing to do with religion and etc.

Mike Windu
09-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Well, your life story had parts of Christianity involved...

Once again, we're not starting a fight.

Acrylic
09-06-2004, 06:21 PM
I just watched the video...

That is really a motivating movie. I really thought hard after watching it.

I realise that alot of this applies to everyone, but some of this applies to me.

RP cares. He helps out. Hes a good guy. Lets just say theres something I wanna do, well, he gives me advice.

There is this one thing though, that Im not taking his advice on though. I totally understand why he doesnt want me to do it, but I just feel...that I need to.

Anyways, RP is a good guy, and bashing him wont get you anywhere.

My 2 cents.

Peace,
Acrylic

RpTheHotrod
09-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Look at the thread. It's been nothing but insults...and maybe you should watch the video. There is nothing about Christianity in it. Again, you are pulling stuff out of different places and using it to insult.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. No one understands, and no matter how hard you try, none of you would ever take what I'd have to say seriously.

And seeing that many of you have decided to turn this simple video into a flame-fest, I'm locking it up until you mature up.