PDA

View Full Version : What became of Juhani


JediKenobi
09-07-2004, 02:40 AM
I'm wondering what happened to Juhani?
Will she be in Kotor 2? Did she survive Kotor 1? What do you guys think?:D

- JediKenobi

Crowy
09-07-2004, 03:30 AM
i think trask killed her on his climb to sithlord

Sivy
09-07-2004, 03:42 AM
i think she's still alive, and might make a brief appearance in kotor 2

adillon
09-07-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Siv
i think she's still alive, and might make a brief appearance in kotor 2
unless of course she didn't survive.

Prime
09-07-2004, 05:55 AM
I have a hard time believing she survived after I stick my lightsaber through her chest...

Com Raven
09-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Well, you could have killed her esily, so I doubt the devs took the time to implement her in TSL...

Hiroki
09-07-2004, 08:28 AM
I hope they put her in, simply because I am sick of everybody crying over the chance of there Dark Side ending being ruined. :rolleyes:

Tysplo
09-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Probably not, seeing how you get two chances to kill her in KotOR 1.

Com Raven
09-07-2004, 02:19 PM
You can kill her again once you allowed her into your party?

Achilles
09-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
You can kill her again once you allowed her into your party? If you choose to follow Bastila on the Temple Summit you will fight (and kill) Juhani and Jolee. Then you go back to the ship and kill some more party members :evil1:

Venom750
09-07-2004, 03:36 PM
I think the Dev's just want the cat women dead.:) :)

Prime
09-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
You can kill her again once you allowed her into your party? I didn't, but I was really, really mean!

FiEND_138
09-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by JediKenobi
Will she be in Kotor 2?

If a kath hounds got the ****'s.... then yeah she'll be around. Unless the devs decide it's more trouble than it's worth, then no.

DarthBuzzard
09-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I hope she isn't. Others may disagree, but I found her pretty useless...I didn't use her (if I even spared her) until the Rakatan Temple She usually ends up dying at the first chance I get :evil1:

RedHawke
09-07-2004, 08:36 PM
I hope they implement her into the game, but she only shows up for a cameo if you ended KOTOR LS, and she was alive. Of course you will have to relay this information to the game in the early game "what happened in your KOTOR" dialogue options.

I hope they do that with quite a few of the NPC's from KOTOR, that can and will, add a ton of replayability into the game.

jedi3112
09-08-2004, 01:42 AM
She thanked me once for saving her on TARIS, so I think that she wanted to go to one planet, but actually got outside the known galaxy. She has to have her own ship though, I would never let her fly the Hawk.

Com Raven
09-08-2004, 03:45 AM
I guess that's gonna be one of the best things in TSL, see who is still around, and what happened to them ever since...

adillon
09-08-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I hope they do that with quite a few of the NPC's from KOTOR, that can and will, add a ton of replayability into the game.
which might also cause us to play the first kotor over again and again ...
;)

-Zack-
09-08-2004, 07:34 AM
Juhani will probably be a jedi master as you could see, how much Juhani admired the jedi way and I doubt that Bioware wants to ruin Juhani's dream.

Com Raven
09-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Except that BioWare won't be responsible ;)

RedHawke
09-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by adillon
which might also cause us to play the first kotor over again and again ...
;)

Exactly! :D

Originally posted by -Zack-
I doubt that Bioware wants to ruin Juhani's dream.

Bioware??? :eyeraise: Bioware isn't making KOTOR:TSL???

Obsidian is making KOTOR:TSL. :eyes8:

Unless Obsidian has just been fooling with us all this time. :D

JediKenobi
09-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Come on guys Juhani is a hole lot better
than the king of all crybabies, Carth!:p

LOL
- JediKenobi

Achilles
09-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by JediKenobi
Come on guys Juhani is a hole lot better
than the king of all crybabies, Carth!:p

LOL
- JediKenobi Actually, niether really bothered me that much. The only think that seriously put me on edge were the selkath.

JediKenobi
09-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Actually, niether really bothered me that much. The only think that seriously put me on edge were the selkath.


Tell me about it! Their dialogue seamed to go on forever!:)

- JediKenobi

Com Raven
09-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Yeah, all that bubbling and sound effects really took their sweet time with my nerves :(

Darth333
09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
I liked Juhani pretty much but I doubt she will make an appearance in TSL, even if they said that the game would take into consideration how you played Kotor 1.

As for the Selkaths, I removed the sound file reference from the "security doors" dlg when you arrive on Manaan. It was driving me nuts :nut: (especially since I used to test some of my mods on the republic officer that greets you there).

Achilles
09-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
As for the Selkaths, I removed the sound file reference from the "security doors" dlg when you arrive on Manaan. I'll have to look again. I tried to find it the other night but was unable. Might have had something to do with the fact it was 4 in the morning :D

Darth333
09-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
I'll have to look again. I tried to find it the other night but was unable. Might have had something to do with the fact it was 4 in the morning :D
:D It must have been 4 am ... since the half of the dialogues in the module manm26ad are 2 line door dialogs with the horrible selkath voices:
man26ad_door01.dlg
man26_exit7.dlg
man26_exit6.dlg
man26_exit5.dlg
man26_exit4.dlg
man26_enter7.dlg
man26_enter6.dlg
man26_enter5.dlg
man26_enter4.dlg :D I removed the sound resref and set the dlgs to skippable...what a relief for my ears... :rolleyes:

Erm...getting a little off-topic but couldn't resist...anyways, I hope there won't be too many selkath in TSL...I think I would prefer to see Juhani resuscitate...:rolleyes:

RedHawke
09-09-2004, 09:21 PM
^^^^
Sweet info Darth333, you should release it as a Manaan Selkath Door Relief Mod, it would be a top download I'll wager! :D

As far as Juhani is concerned, she is all right, I guess... she had the right voice but, they could have made her a little more feline looking, especially in the head model, more prominate feline features would have been nice, like the ears, a big hair thing going on, that would have been nice.

If we do conditionally, pending KOTOR's outcome, see Juhani and some of the other NPC's in TSL that will just mean Obsidian went all out while making TSL. To me that is a good and noble thing. :)

Just another 2 cents. :D

FiEND_138
09-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Sweet info Darth333, you should release it as a Manaan Selkath Door Relief Mod, it would be a top download I'll wager!

Agrees. That would be the greatest mod since..........hmmmm... It'd be really great!!! :)

Darth333
09-10-2004, 06:39 AM
ok then, I'll release it this evening at Holowan labs when I get home :) It's all done so all I need to do is to zip it :D

...and thanks for the title Redhawke: "Manaan Selkath Door Relief Mod" :D You'll be in the credits for this one :D

Achilles
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
ok then, I'll release it this evening at Holowan labs when I get home :) It's all done so all I need to do is to zip it :D

...and thanks for the title Redhawke: "Manaan Selkath Door Relief Mod" :D You'll be in the credits for this one :D Yeah, definitely was the 4am things because I don't even recognize any of those dialog names :(

Excellent team work on the mod, you two. Can't wait to get home and download it tonight.

Hiroki
09-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Woot! Thanks for that. No more fishy food for me. :D

RedHawke
09-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
ok then, I'll release it this evening at Holowan labs when I get home :) It's all done so all I need to do is to zip it :D

Cool! :D

Originally posted by Darth333
...and thanks for the title Redhawke: "Manaan Selkath Door Relief Mod" :D You'll be in the credits for this one :D

Thanks! :D

Darth333
09-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Here it is: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135521 :D

Jedi_Revan
09-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Well its kinda hard to belive she will be in it because shes an optional character.

Achilles
09-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Revan
Well its kinda hard to belive she will be in it because shes an optional character. Well since OE is writing it so that the way you answer some questions at the beginning of the game will determine which characters from KotOR appear, I don't think it will be that difficult at all.

Just my 2 cents.

RedHawke
09-13-2004, 01:12 AM
^^^^
I have to agree with Achillies. Spawning an NPC with a script, fired from a dialogue, pending a certain set global variable isn't that difficult at all.

So Juhani and some of the others are probable for cameos in TSL, pending how KOTOR went that is. :D

Darth333
09-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
I have to agree with Achillies. Spawning an NPC with a script, fired from a dialogue, pending a certain set global variable isn't that difficult at all.

So Juhani and some of the others are probable for cameos in TSL, pending how KOTOR went that is. :D
If she is not coming back...we can take care of this :D

RedHawke
09-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
If she is not coming back...we can take car of this :D

*Nods in agreement*

True... very true. :D

messle01
09-17-2004, 03:45 AM
i was reading an interview with one of the designers of KOTOR II and he says that none of the original chafictors are comming back

RedHawke
09-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by messle01
i was reading an interview with one of the designers of KOTOR II and he says that none of the original chafictors are comming back

*Cough* T3-M4 is in TSL! *Cough*

So methinks what you read was completely incorrect! :D