View Full Version : Mod: Warzone
09-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi Gang, Me and a couple buds are puting out a new mod called war zone. THis mod will be fantastico when its done will have new vehicles, players, Weapons, etc... We will have the first map Wich is called Training Grounds were you learn how to use all the new weapons vehicles etc... It should be done shortly. it currently is about 85% done you can read about this mod at http://www.3d-wiz.com/warzone Let us know what you think needs to be added or what is not neccessary and if you would like to join our team please contact me or post here as even though we have almost all positons filled we can always use some backup for when were busy on another project. If you help in anyway we will mention you in the credits you can count on that. Enjoy and please crit.
09-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Take the period out of the link so it'll work :)
I would comment but there aren't any pics...
09-08-2004, 09:06 AM
We will have pics of the first map soon.
09-08-2004, 12:48 PM
cool .. finally something similar to our real world.
09-08-2004, 01:42 PM
hehe yup. I have added the last details to the level now just go to to do more trees and ill have some pics up for you guys to crit on i doubt ill change much but i might add more lol.
09-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Okay i need someone who can make my vehicles game usable coz i cant figure it out ill mention you in the credits if you help out.
09-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Okay here are the level pics.
There are some places that are really empty looking, thats because we are still going to add the vehicles that will be in game, when we find someone to put them in. Still looking by the way.
09-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Nice work.. wish i could help but all i can do is skin :D
09-09-2004, 10:11 AM
well i already got like 3 skinners but if you want aim msn or email me and ill let you in i need a couple more skins done.
09-09-2004, 10:14 AM
lol i cant promise that i can make something good.. infact i cant do anything good..:(
09-09-2004, 10:19 AM
hehe dont matter your better then me lol.
09-09-2004, 10:22 AM
what kind of skin u want? *thinking if this will be too hard challange*
09-09-2004, 11:16 AM
You've made a couple early-beginner mistakes that, if rectified, could turn this into a quality map.
1) Large, boxy architecture. Make smaller rooms in general han those in, say, the first shot, with the exception of large hangars/cargo bays. And when you do make large rooms, it's generally a GREAT idea to put lots of smaller things in the room to break it up, add more character, make it look more realistic, and provide a more interesting environment for the player. Also, things like that h-u-u-u-ge block wall with the arch need to be reworked or nixed. That thing looks ugly the way it is, it needs smaller detail work and an actual beginning and ending rather than just the brush limits.
2) Repeating textures. For any large area, of which you have many, find textures that are LARGE so they don't repeat as often, or repeat in a more interesting fashion than, say, the ceiling in the first shot. Also, try placing small-brush detail work like girders or struts to break up areas of repeating textures.
3) Ambient lighting. Kill it. Kill it dead. Use no such thing in your map, unless it comes in quantities less than 20. Use entity lights indoors and a light-emitting sky outdoors for this map.
4) Crappy block terrains. Take the time to learn to use EasyGen. It'll be worth it, I promise you.
5) Bad map/skybox seam. Put SOMETHING in there to block the transition from playable map to skybox. An easy thing to do is throw some lines of trees, big cliffs, and walls around the edge of your map. A more advanced technique is to use a foghull.
09-09-2004, 11:22 AM
hey buddy okay well first off the rooms will look better with the vehicles in it. Easygen was not needed for this map. I do know how to use it pretty well though. Also This leve isnt lite yet it is only compiled on bspmeta ligting still needs to be done. And Well thats about it but i looked for some rock type cliffs but couldnt find any?
The Truthful Liar
09-09-2004, 03:43 PM
I would suggest following Wedge's well put advice and posting updates/screenshots of the revised map under the Mapping (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=407) showcase forum for furthur help.
The premises of the mod seem very interesting, however I seriously doubt that it can be 85% completed when there's not much to show for besides a map and a couple vehicles. I haven't seen them implemented together nor new weapons used ingame.
09-10-2004, 03:35 AM
a WWII would be better dont ya think? :p
09-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Mabie but unless you can help me get vehciles in the game i am stuck bud.
09-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by The Truthful Liar
I would suggest following Wedge's well put advice...
09-14-2004, 12:47 PM
well im no pro mapper by far but i think this mod will rock. Keep going i cant wait to play you on it.
09-16-2004, 02:54 PM
ok well i figure i might as well say something...im part of the war zone mod team with wiz and actually started the map he showed pics of and did some other stuff to it...yes thanks for the advice wedge we'll definately consider it
09-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Yes we have started working on what you suggested.
09-16-2004, 09:38 PM
Seeing constructive criticism recieved well always makes me happy. :)
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.