PDA

View Full Version : Jaina Solo


Furball
09-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Ive been looking for a pic of Jaina Solo that would make a good avatar. I cant find one please help.

adillon
09-09-2004, 11:13 AM
doing a google image search ...

http://images.google.com/images?q=jaina+solo&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

or checking The Jedi Encyclopedia ...

http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/jainasolo.html

hope you can find something there. :D

Furball
09-09-2004, 11:31 AM
grazie
and speaking of avatars, can you use your own on this forum?

swphreak
09-10-2004, 06:57 AM
FurBall, you're my new best friend.

Sivy
09-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Furball
and speaking of avatars, can you use your own on this forum?

yes, although they can't be bigger than 70 x 70 pixels nor larger than 20kb. you can use jpegs or gifs and you can upload them by clicking on 'User CP', 'Change Options' then 'Change Avatar'

Furball
09-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Siv
yes, although they can't be bigger than 70 x 70 pixels nor larger than 20kb. you can use jpegs or gifs and you can upload them by clicking on 'User CP', 'Change Options' then 'Change Avatar'
Grazie
Although I figured it out myself :)

Furball
09-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
FurBall, you're my new best friend.
Another Jaina Solo fan huh?
She is just like I am lol

adillon
09-10-2004, 09:52 AM
your avatar looks a little squished, furball.

Furball
09-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by adillon
your avatar looks a little squished, furball.
Yea I had to resize it

kipperthefrog
09-16-2004, 06:33 AM
want me to make an avatar that dont look squashed?

what was jaina solo like?

primalunderdog
10-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Hey Furball Jaina Solo is cool,you are like the only person(besides me)that likes her.Though i think her aunt Mara Jade is cooler.

Lieutenant_kettch
10-12-2004, 09:11 AM
both jaina and mara are great, but jaina is arguably a better jedi

Shok_Tinoktin
10-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by rcsquirrel900
both jaina and mara are great, but jaina is arguably a better jedi


I'll take up your oppourtunity to argue it. Mara is the better Jedi, but Jaina is of course the better pilot.

kipperthefrog
10-12-2004, 07:21 PM
I never read the novels.
personality wise what was Jaina and Mara like?

Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 07:34 AM
i dunno about that shok, she is an amazing pilot(no contest between them), however, i think she could hold her own in jediismness against mara, and i believe she does have an upper hand. Mara has more experience, but jaina seems more daring, and i think that sets the two apart

primalunderdog
10-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah i got to give you that.

Shok_Tinoktin
10-17-2004, 04:28 PM
The reason that I say that Mara is the better Jedi, is that her experience is far greater, and she has had time to think about and develop what exactly a Jedi is supposed to be. Aside from just experience, she has also had more training, given a lot of that was from the Emperor, it is clear in the Hand of Thrawn duology, that she was able to easily adapt that to being a Jedi. Jaina is too anxious for battle, which is very dangerous for a Jedi. Just read The Unifying Force to see what I mean. I would say at the beginning of NJO, she was a better Jedi than her brothers (still not as good as Mara though), but their characters developed towards being better Jedi, but her character strayed away a little, and seems to now be better suited as a pilot than a Jedi.

Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
The reason that I say that Mara is the better Jedi, is that her experience is far greater, and she has had time to think about and develop what exactly a Jedi is supposed to be. Aside from just experience, she has also had more training, given a lot of that was from the Emperor, it is clear in the Hand of Thrawn duology, that she was able to easily adapt that to being a Jedi. Jaina is too anxious for battle, which is very dangerous for a Jedi. Just read The Unifying Force to see what I mean. I would say at the beginning of NJO, she was a better Jedi than her brothers (still not as good as Mara though), but their characters developed towards being better Jedi, but her character strayed away a little, and seems to now be better suited as a pilot than a Jedi.

hmm, i think i see my problem here, i view her as a better Sith, not a better Jedi, she is too rash to be a better Jedi, and being more daring is more dark because it is aggressive. Hmm, i change to mara being a better Jedi, Jaina a better sith

swphreak
10-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Jaina was never a Sith. She was at the most a Dark Jedi. And Mara is a Jedi Master and for a good reason too, she's far more experienced. She could easily kick Jaina's ass.

Jaina was the better goddess though :D

Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Jaina was never a Sith. She was at the most a Dark Jedi. And Mara is a Jedi Master and for a good reason too, she's far more experienced. She could easily kick Jaina's ass.

Jaina was the better goddess though :D

I never said jaina is a sith... how is she even a dark jedi... although i haven't read unifying force... anyway, what i was saying was that jaina would MAKE a better Sith, and as a Sith, she could beat Mara, and i agreed that mara is a better Jedi

Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 09:47 AM
he said "at the most"

Regardless, have you read Dark Journey? (Or even the title and cover if you think about it a little)

Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
he said "at the most"

Regardless, have you read Dark Journey? (Or even the title and cover if you think about it a little)

yes, yes i have, and just because she embraced the dark side for a while does not make her a dark jedi.

but she doesn't even qualify as "at the most" she is light, simple as that, but she would make a better sith

Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch
yes, yes i have, and just because she embraced the dark side for a while does not make her a dark jedi.


what does make someone a dark jedi. she is a jedi, and she used the dark side. I think that at least qualifies the use of an "at the most"

Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
what does make someone a dark jedi. she is a jedi, and she used the dark side. I think that at least qualifies the use of an "at the most" most jedi i know pf have used the dark side, but that does not make them dark jedi, if they primarily use the dark side, they are a dark jedi

Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 10:38 AM
hence the was at the most a dark jedi. there was a time when she, IMO used primarily the dark side, thus making here a dark Jedi by your definition.

Lieutenant_kettch
10-19-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
hence the was at the most a dark jedi. there was a time when she, IMO used primarily the dark side, thus making here a dark Jedi by your definition.

true true, see what linguistics do to us? i read she was at most a dark jedi to mean she is a dark Jedi(seeing as this happenes a long long time ago...) whereas he meant it as there was a time she was dark. I will have to agree with that. Although, she would still be a better sith...IMO

primalunderdog
10-22-2004, 09:25 AM
I think so too,I think at one time she was on the dark side.

Astrotoy7
10-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Jaina is one of my fave SW/EU characters of all time... believe ot ot not, if we ever have a daughter we will call her Jaina, or Mara.... but its not likely to happen anytime soon

:p

mtfbwya

Boba Rhett
10-23-2004, 01:08 AM
Believe it or not, I've always planned on naming my daughter Mara. :eek: Pretty odd for me to say that, huh? :D

*Yoinked*
10-23-2004, 02:35 AM
Yes it is odd, more importantly, do I care? No....

btw Nice sig Astrotoy7...

-Adam G

Astrotoy7
10-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Believe it or not, I've always planned on naming my daughter Mara. :eek: Pretty odd for me to say that, huh? :D

well, those hay fumes in the barn have probably taken their toll....

:p

we have a Mara in our extended family. It is a common Italian name(although Im not Italian myself of course)......... she is a bit fruitty tho and in no way reminds me of The Emperors Hand :(

mtfbwya