PDA

View Full Version : xbox version of tsl confirmed for December 2004

Darth333
09-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Check here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/

:mad: pc version in February :mad: :crybaby:

*edit* Luckily and thanks to Achilles, you can get "18 Wheels of Thunder" (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/index.html) to occupy yourself in the meantime :p ...

FiEND_138
09-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Yep, just saw it. Damn you LA I say, Damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiroki
09-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Why do they release everything sooner for the crap box?!

FiEND_138
09-10-2004, 01:37 PM
I hear ya, not that I'm surprised after the wait for K1's PC port. Hopefully the kind folks over at OE will give us a bunch of extra TSL goodies in game (even though none is planned from whats been said at the OE boards), for making us listen to all of the x boxers talk about 'how great this & that & so & so is...'

Damn you LA & Bill Gate$!!! Damn you!!!! :mad:

*edit* Luckily and thanks to Achilles, you can get "18 Wheels of Thunder" to occupy yourself in the meantime ...

Bwahahahahahhahahahahahha!!!!!!!!

*Atris*
09-10-2004, 02:47 PM
the xbox isnt crap thats why it has it first

FiEND_138
09-10-2004, 03:43 PM
It's not so much that it gets it first, but that OE & LA have said when TSL's was 1st publically announced, & in countless interviews that the 2 versions would "be released together". IMO, Bill Gate$' offer was just too good for LA to refuse......

The PC players got the shaft so M$ could sell more X Box's this holiday season....

Mike Frank
09-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
It's not so much that it gets it first, but that OE & LA have said when TSL's was 1st publically announced, & in countless interviews that the 2 versions would "be released together". IMO, Bill Gate$' offer was just too good for LA to refuse......

The PC players got the shaft so M$ could sell more X Box's this holiday season....

Well it would be stupid to pass up an oppurtunity like that as a bussinessman.

[persuade] You can admit that the xbox is superior to all platforms.

[persuade fail] No.

[persuade]What if I gave you 500 credits for your trouble?

Darth333
09-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike Frank

[persuade]What if I gave you 500 credits for your trouble?
It is rather the contrary: we will all end up paying the 500 credits to get the game no matter if PC or Xbox...

Achilles
09-10-2004, 04:46 PM
This news angers me beyond words. Coupled with the statement there will be Xbox live exclusive content really....I don't want to talk about it.

If they're going to make me wait till Feburary, they'd better find a really great way to compensate us.

kome566
09-10-2004, 04:53 PM
ya this sucks! screw bill gates! although i have one of his computers .. . . still... screw him!

Hiroki
09-10-2004, 05:49 PM
We are going a bit hard on Bill Gates, he probably didn't even personally decide this. Microsoft is huge, blame one of his execs. ;)

Achilles
09-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
We are going a bit hard on Bill Gates, he probably didn't even personally decide this. Microsoft is huge, blame one of his execs. ;) Bill Gates...Microsoft...George Lucas...Lucas Arts...it doesn't matter. They can make it all better right now by stating that either the Xbox Live content is not exclusive and/or the PC version will contain extras. Making the Xbox first AND better is complete BS.

RedHawke
09-10-2004, 06:14 PM
All I have to say on the subject of the "piece of crap Xbox" getting KOTOR:TSL first is THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF TO NO END!!! :(

Originally posted by Achilles
If they're going to make me wait till Feburary, they'd better find a really great way to compensate us.

Sadly, that probably won't happen. Unless their plan is to make different TSL bonus areas/items for either version in a foolish attempt to make us buy both. :eyeraise:

The only way to get to the "liars" at LA is, and I know this would be too difficult for the younger Nintendo Generation, but simply NOT to buy any more LA game(s) they release, since they know that won't ever happen, they will continue to crap on us, and we will continue to have to take it.

Originally posted by Achilles
Making the Xbox first AND better is complete BS.

Agreed!

*Floats off mumbling something to self about LA and MS and them being "stupid"*

Prime
09-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Ah ****!

Com Raven
09-11-2004, 03:30 AM
Guys, sometimes you just get ridiculous....

I am sure MS paid them HUGE amounts of money just to get KotOR 2 months earlier, as that will make gamers run out in crowds to buy an Xbox. I mean, they don't have another game that will do that for them, right? Who in his right mind has after all heard of that Halo 2 thingie?

Seriously, you should you happy that Obsidian takes their time for QA on the system that needs a lot more of it. Or would you prefer to get it in dec just to get home and see "Oh ****, there is a incompability with my 2 year old graphics card, it won't work"

FiEND_138
09-11-2004, 03:44 AM
From the OE boards....

I didn't find out about the different release dates until a couple days ago. Internally, we've been working on X-Box and PC versions of KotOR2 with the same level of dedication and expected to have both of them ready at the same time.

One of the main reasons that the X-Box version is ahead of the PC version is that we were on the X-Box version for a few months before the PC version of KotOR1 even came out so that we could get the PC version code from Bioware. As a result, the X-Box version has always been a little further along, code-wise, than the PC version. That's one reason why the E3 Demo was on X-Box. Because the X-Box build was the only one presentable by then.

I have my own opinions about why there are two different release dates now, but I'm not going to throw fuel on the fire by going into them. As a mostly PC gamer myself, I was looking forward to the anticipated simultaneous releases.

I'm sorry about the news for PC-only gamers.

-Akari

Com Raven
09-11-2004, 04:23 AM
I really don't think two months are that big of a deal, especially since us international XBox owners will have to wait just as long for the game.

FiEND_138
09-11-2004, 05:23 AM
It's really not... It's more, the simulataneous release hoax is whats getting me all riled up. If LA didn't think it was going to be possible, why did they keep saying/promoting the game like it was going to happen come hell or high water? The damn lucrative X-Ma$ market....:(

The fact I'll most likely have to disconnect myself from most of the boards I frequent lest my game gets spoiled as most of K1 did during the wait for PC. The mods are pretty good about catching the spoilers here before they've done any kind of damage (which sucks for the international mods, having to be subjected to the spoilers to squish them without having played the game.), but there are still those a**holes out there on other boards who spoil, just to be a**holes. So, I guess it's mostly fear of having this adventure 85% spoiled before having purchased the game........ again.

jedi3112
09-11-2004, 09:20 AM
I agree, I doubt I will go to these forums between the xbox release and the pc release, just to avoid the spoilers. And everybody better think twice before spoiling.

*starts to study how to use Force Choke

Prime
09-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Most PC users are still going to be too busy playing Battlefront when Christmas rolls around...

Com Raven
09-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the world of european players, who often times have to wait 2 months longer :)

lukeiamyourdad
09-11-2004, 08:23 PM
I don't mind at all. Hopefully, I'll be able to play it during the March Break.

From a marketing standpoint, it needs to be serious for them to delay the game. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to release both of them for Christmas and make huge sales? No one.

I'd rather wait two months for a bug free investment.

Com Raven
09-12-2004, 03:37 AM
Ah, the voice of reason. Good to hear one from time to time, with all these unreasonable people (that includes me) :)

jedi3112
09-12-2004, 04:48 AM
It's not that I have to wait for the game 2 months longer, it's that the xbox users will have 2 months time to tell me the whole story. Off course when I begin playing I'll tell them that the PC version doesn't have any bugs in it, even if it has. And off course I just have to tell them that Battlefront is so much more fun playing with the double amount of people the PC version has.

lukeiamyourdad
09-12-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by jedi3112
It's not that I have to wait for the game 2 months longer, it's that the xbox users will have 2 months time to tell me the whole story.

Of course, people push you down and shove the story down your throat ;)

If you want to avoid spoilers, just avoid the places that might contain them.

Hermie
09-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Com Raven
Welcome to the world of european players, who often times have to wait 2 months longer :)
werd.

Prime
09-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Of course, people push you down and shove the story down your throat ;)

If you want to avoid spoilers, just avoid the places that might contain them. Very true. It was easy enough for me to avoid spoilers from the first game, and the PC version of that came out way later.

FiEND_138
09-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Sorry for digging this back up. I'm sure most are over it & all that. For those who aren't, or would like a vague idea of what happened heres some words about it from OE.......

I am going to try to comment on the release dates without sticking my foot in my mouth or pissing a myriad of groups off. This is probably impossible, but hey when has that ever stopped Feargus "Slamdunk" Urquhart before.

Anyway now that I'm done with the disclaimer.

There are actually a whole bunch of reasons why the dates have been set they way they have been, some of them have to do with LucasArts and some of them have to do with Obsidian. Microsoft even weighed in on the topic and let us know what they would like to see. What came out of all that was that the US Xbox version would come out in December and the PC and both International versions would come out in February.

Like a lot of people on the boards here, we are disappointed that we will not be shipping the PC version simultaneously. We are probably more disappointed actually, because of all the hard work we put into making it possible for that to happen.

--------------------
Feargus Urquhart
CEO
Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

Again, sorry for digging this back up from the depths, just didn't feel it waranted a whole new thread. :)

RedHawke
09-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Microsoft even weighed in on the topic and let us know what they would like to see.

*Curses the Xbox* :fist:

:D

Ewok Hunter
09-19-2004, 01:10 AM
Yeah....how many months was the PC version of kotor delayed from the Q1-Q2 release? Hate to sound so pesimistic here, but for some reason I'm thinking that it'll probably not be on store shelves come Feburary

FiEND_138
09-19-2004, 02:20 AM
^^
Wouldn't be too surprised if it wasn't....... Then again, by the sounds of it OE were busting their asses to get it out by X-Mas with the XBox version, so if it's delayed, again, it's LA... again. Perhaps something like MS wants an XBox exclusive for the international release too. If something like that happened TSL would be my last LA game. I don't care if they ship gold nuggets with every purchase or KotOR 3-656, that would be it. Ahhhh pesimism...............

Com Raven
09-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Ewok Hunter, don't forget that the Xbox version of KotOR was also much delayed.

In fact in the end, they were released closer to each other that originally planned!

Venom750
09-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Question is KOTOR 2 TSL only coming out for xbox in america and everywhere else in feb 2005

FiEND_138
09-19-2004, 01:27 PM
^^
Yes. Dec. US XBox. Feb. PC & International XBox.

deathdisco
09-21-2004, 07:44 AM
Slightly off-topic, but relative to my growing contempt for the X-Box.
There's a demo for SWBattlefront in the new DVD release of the OT. Unfortunately it is X-Box only:(

Com Raven
09-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Ah, yes.

And that has only been known for months.

lukeiamyourdad
09-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Doesn't matter. PC will get a demo. You'll just have to download it. Unless you almost topped your download limit. If you have one(then I don't want to know what kind of things you download off the internet).

Or your stuck with dial-up...*shudder*

Rogue9dlb
09-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Lucas Arts should have taken a clue from Ubi and delayed all versions. Ubi recently said that Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory will be delayed until march because of the PC version. However, it's delaying ALL versions so they can be released at the same time. If the PC version of TSL is behind, why not release both versions when it's done and LA can still make good on their word of releasing them together.
Com Raven, European gamers got Operation Flashpoint long before US gamers did, which is one of the best games ever. Europe also got the Star Wars Trilogy a day earlier on DVD and the Predator SE DVD for months as well. :)

deathdisco
09-21-2004, 03:56 PM
I only found out when I bought the DVD last night:D
Unfortunately I'm only on 56k. I guess I'll have to borrow someones broadband to grab the demo:)

Com Raven
09-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Granted...

But I take dozens of other games every year over the lonely OFP that comes along once a year :)

Darth Straker
10-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Look at the bright side, if the game receives awful and really bad bashing reviews, guess what will happen in February ?

FiEND_138
10-19-2004, 06:15 AM
I'll buy it anyway.
Hell, if I listened to reviews, I wouldn't of ever seen the PT :D

stingerhs
10-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Darth Straker
Look at the bright side, if the game receives awful and really bad bashing reviews, guess what will happen in February ?

*shudders*

just thinking about tsl being bad makes ME feel bad because of all the anticipation involved since the initial announcement of kotor 2. :mad:

oh yeah, and you guys don't want to hear my thoughts about microsoft and the xbox.
its quite vulger.

Achilles
10-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Darth Straker
Look at the bright side, if the game receives awful and really bad bashing reviews, guess what will happen in February ? Based on the critical acclaim it's received thus far, I seriously doubt that's even a possibility. Several reviewers have even gone so far as to say that it's better than the original.

But reviewers aside, the screen shots and the previews themselves have me thoroughly convinced that this is going to be one of the best games of 2005.

RedHawke
10-19-2004, 08:14 PM
^^^^
*Nods Head In Agreement*

I agree with Achilles on this one, from what I have seen, I think TSL is going to be really good. :D

FiEND_138
10-20-2004, 05:31 AM
Agreed.

I'm not worried about the quality of the story in the slightest.
I'm worried about having every aspect of the story spoiled between Dec. & Feb.

/Rant/ Damn you LA!!! It would be nice to be able to play a KotOR game without having basically everything spoiled by big mouthed XBox players who think its GodDamned funny to ruin the experience just because they keep getting them 1st. Are we, the PC players, not worthy enough? Is our money not green enough? Do we not spend enough on LA/LFL products to warrant equal treatment?!!! /End Rant/

Whoa..where'd that come from...... :p

stingerhs
10-20-2004, 06:27 AM
^^^^ a bit touchy, aren't we?? :p

just look at it this way: we could always be stuck with an xbox only release.

although i personally despise the descision to push the pc release date back, i've decided not to blame anyone. i know i've said time and time again that microsoft just wants more money. true, but what if the release was on the ps2?? the same thing would happen, why? money. the only thing us pc users can do is sat back and dodge spoilers for two months, regardless. :(

FiEND_138
10-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
^^^^ a bit touchy, aren't we??

Yeah, hadn't had my morning coffee then. All better now. :)

Prime
10-20-2004, 06:56 AM
From everything I've seen it looks awesome, and I'm expecting at the very least it will be a worthy addition to the series.

But that won't stop idiots from saying same engine = expansion pack = sUxx0rz!

stingerhs
10-20-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Prime
people are going to be saying that, aren't they?? stupid bunch of peons... :mad:

now i have something else to look forward to.

*heads towards class muttering curses*

FiEND_138
10-20-2004, 08:09 AM
idiots from saying same engine = expansion pack = sUxx0rz!
Don't you just want to take those people out back & slap the **** out of them?

stingerhs
10-20-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Don't you just want to take those people out back & slap the **** out of them?
slap them with a :swear:in dagger... :dev7:

but thats illegal, :swear: it.

RedHawke
10-20-2004, 08:44 PM
From everything I've seen it looks awesome, and I'm expecting at the very least it will be a worthy addition to the series.
I wholeheartedly concur. :D
They still make these kinds of people?

I thought they all went extinct, along with oven heated TV Dinners and Betamax VCR's! :D

lukeiamyourdad
10-20-2004, 08:57 PM
They still live...which is why we should PURGE THEM ALL!

flamthro

:devburn:

Darth Straker
10-22-2004, 02:52 AM
There's nothing wrong the same engine!! I still play Final Fantasy VIII and Neverwinter Nights, and still love to play them and they have weaker visual graphics than SL. And another thing if they had changed the engine I would need to buy a new PC, so keep the same engine for KOTOR 3 :D