PDA

View Full Version : Notice To All Members!

Darth Groovy
09-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Lately I am seeing a rapid increase in flame posts.

It seems that no matter what the subject of the thread is, people are bashing each other for they're opinions....frankly I am getting tired of it.

Lately I posted a thread about music, and somehow, it turned into a flame war.

ABOUT MUSIC?!?!? Come on people, lighten the Hell up. Keep in mind that we WILL take action to prevent the flaming. I am getting sick and tired of closing decent topics just because one or two members cannot play nice together.

WE WILL ENFORCE THIS, no matter how many people we ban, how many posts we delete, or how many threads we close.

No more!

That is all.

Rogue15
09-11-2004, 08:47 PM
^ word

KBell
09-11-2004, 08:48 PM
I think alot of people forgot that the Internet really doen't matter.

Darth Groovy
09-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by KBell
I think alot of people forgot that the Internet really doen't matter.

Don't say that!!!!

*hugs his internet*

I'm only kidding of course.;)

acdcfanbill
09-11-2004, 08:51 PM
maybe people forget that it doesnt really matter if they belong and frequent the lucasforums website. its no different than going to other forums.

TK-8252
09-11-2004, 08:56 PM
And that goes for the SWBF.net forums too! :mad:

:D It's hell over there.

wassup
09-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Going slightly off-topic, I was wondering how Kain got banned (I understand if you'd rather not discuss it, just curious that's all, though not at all surprised.) :p

Lindsey
09-11-2004, 08:59 PM
its amazing how fast some threads go off topic, dont people have manners these days?!

Tyrion
09-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by wassup
Going slightly off-topic, I was wondering how Kain got banned (I understand if you'd rather not discuss it, just curious that's all, though not at all surprised.) :p

I'm thinking it's this post that banned him:

I just decided, since I'm tired of Mod and SuperMod PM's telling me how much of a jackass I am and since this is where it all started, I'm only gonna say this once:

KBell, don't ever ****ing quote me again. All you people who said I was being stupid, I never wanna see you get all pissy with me next time I say something about your opinions. And I don't give a damn about anyone's status here. Nobody wants to stand behind me when I get told my opinions don't matter, I'll start being the first to remind everyone of how much THEIR opinion matters.

Back on topic, all that hardcore stuff is just...I dunno, bleh. I like hard music, but the harder it gets, the more aggravating it gets - depending on the band. I dunno if that made and sense...

Slipknot is horrible. Any group with more than 5 people is obviously lacking individual talent and so they have to make up with overwhelming numbers.

I wonder if I have to put IMO so I don't piss anyone off again. You'd think in a thread about opinions the point would get across...apparently not.

TK-8252
09-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
I'm thinking it's this post that banned him:

In addition to the other two posts in that "Music" thread.

ZBomber
09-11-2004, 09:15 PM
That is just pathetic....

Kain - Temp Ban or Perm?

TK-8252
09-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Three-day ban. Unless of course, he re-registers, then it'll be a whole different story.

KBell
09-11-2004, 09:20 PM
I heard it was a temp.

Edit- Damn you and your fast posting abilities TK.

SeleneRayne
09-11-2004, 09:21 PM
oo he is mad:( he said its not cuz the ban though its cuz his opinion got him in trouble:confused:

ZBomber
09-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by SeleneRayne
oo he is mad:( he said its not cuz the ban though its cuz his opinion got him in trouble:confused:

It's not his opinion, it's how he expressed it.

KBell
09-11-2004, 09:24 PM

Actually, I think it was when he was telling mods like Niner to shut the F' up.......none too sure though.

IG-64
09-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Yes, i've noticed it too.

And if anyone ever sees me flaming or doing something unoppropriate, just give me a little verbal warning and ill shut up real fast.

Because the last thing I want is to lose my social life.

Anthony
09-11-2004, 09:26 PM
I just think a bunch of people are pissed because its back to school. ;)

KBell
09-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by IG-64

Because the last thing I want is to lose my social life.

wait a tick..........this is your social life?

Anthony
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Heh.

IG-64
09-11-2004, 09:32 PM
wait a tick..........this is your social life?

Yes :p

I'm not joking.

KBell
09-11-2004, 09:35 PM
On behalf of the entire Lucas Forums community, I express my deepest of sympathys IG :)

RpTheHotrod
09-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Unless they are massive trouble-makers, normally it's merely a temp ban.

Tyrion
09-11-2004, 09:48 PM
On behalf of the entire Lucas Forums community, I express my deepest of sympathys IG :)

BongoBob
09-11-2004, 09:53 PM
:rofl:

Yes, please everyone stop the flaming. It's annoying as hell. Example.

YAY! COOL THREAD!
F*** YOU!
THREAD CLOSED!

It get's retarted after a while. And I am not even thinking about heading over to battle front forums o.0

El Sitherino
09-11-2004, 10:31 PM
sounds good to me. :)

Rogue Nine
09-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber

Thank you, Z.

SeleneRayne
09-11-2004, 11:05 PM
ah he'll be fine tommorow morning. hes had a bit of bad luck of late and were talking the straw that broke the camels back

im not trying to get anyone on his side - he knows it was dumb and i know it was dumb but he wants to know one thing:was it really nessicary to make a whole new thread talking about how he messed up

Alegis
09-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Slipknot is horrible. Any group with more than 5 people is obviously lacking individual talent and so they have to make up with overwhelming numbers.
Aaaah, i'll drink to that

Selene, its taken as an example to avoid this stuff in the future. "Those who forget their past are condemned to repeat it"

SeleneRayne
09-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Alegis
Aaaah, i'll drink to that

Selene, its taken as an example to avoid this stuff in the future. "Those who forget their past are condemned to repeat it"

he said werd and he went to bed:p

he said you should atleast put his name on his quotes though so people know who to get po'd at and then he gave a grin

Astrotoy7
09-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber

indeed. that is the point right there. Even in my run ins with ppl Ive tried to argue a point as sensibly as I can(?they might disagree)... doing all of this type of thing :

*** you and *** him and **** her ****** and her pet **** cat

will get you naught far, especially with hardasses like groovy and jed around :p

theres nothing wrong with apologising too, its the mark of man IMO if you realised youve messed up and fess up for it....

IG, come down to Oz and hang out with astro......he'll take you to the finest disreputable establishments our fine city has to offer :D

mtfbwya

LightNinja
09-12-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252

lol yep, specially in The Sliced tauntaun xP

Astrotoy7
09-12-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by LightNinja
lol yep, specially in The Sliced tauntaun xP

c'mon its not too bad. alot of ppl there are relatively new so they are just finding their feet, if the mods do their job(which they seem to be doing well), they'll help enforce that its not cool to get on and flame someone just coz theyre not standing right in front of you....

plus, they'll calm down a bit more when they can actually talk about playing BF......I hope :p

mtfbwya

Joetheeskimo
09-12-2004, 04:52 AM
I have a pretty short temper as well. But through some amazing phenomenon, I haven't been banned yet :D

Samuel Dravis
09-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Fact One. SMods are very scary people.
Fact Two. Making very scary people angry is Not A Good Idea.
Fact Three. I will not do anything to make them angry. At least not too often. :p

Hermie
09-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
I have a pretty short temper as well.
Something I have experienced again and agian at VotJ...

iamtrip
09-12-2004, 06:10 AM
Kain deserved a ban.

Acrylic
09-12-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by iamtrip
Kain deserved a ban.

Thats alot coming from someone who hasn't seen him post for more than a month.:rolleyes:

But yeah, I've had my share of flaming mods and supermods. Never admins, cuz all admins kick ass. But now, I've since then calmed down from my "e-rebel" stages, and now am focusing on a different perspective....which I haven't thought of yet.

Anthony
09-12-2004, 08:41 AM
At least no ones an e-thug

I think.

Mike Windu
09-12-2004, 08:54 AM
O_o

It's something in the water, I'm telling ya...

acdcfanbill
09-12-2004, 09:16 AM
We feel flattered that Kain thinks we made this thread jsut because of him :D but the truth is, its more of a notice to all the memebers, due to seemingly more hostile posting habits across the board. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, so long as they do it in a civil and respectful manner :) so no, this thread isnt just about Kain, but he was 1 of many contributing factors.

Doomie
09-12-2004, 09:17 AM
I have a pretty short temper as well. But through some amazing phenomenon, I haven't been banned yet.

Same for me. But i always follow the golden rule: Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics: you may win, but you'll still look retarded ;)

And that's the truth. Needless to say i don't argue online anymore.

Well, i'm at least trying...

Hiroki
09-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by iamtrip
Kain deserved a ban.

*cough* I think I know somebody who deserves one more, though... :dozey:

:D Sorry little Mo.

iamtrip
09-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Same for me. But i always follow the golden rule: Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics: you may win, but you'll still look retarded ;)

Thats not very nice.

Originally posted by Hiroki
*cough* I think I know somebody who deserves one more, though... :dozey:

:D Sorry little Mo.

Thats just my opinion.
What have I done to deserve a ban???

Rogue Nine
09-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Let's not start something up again. Both of you, shut it.

Captain Wilson
09-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Awwww Kains banned :( . Make sure he back here sharpish SR :D. I already miss his antics.

And i think ive avoided annoying all mods+. Cept you Groovey. im comming for you.

*Runs off giggling like a school girl*

Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
We feel flattered that Kain thinks we made this thread jsut because of him :D but the truth is, its more of a notice to all the memebers, due to seemingly more hostile posting habits across the board. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, so long as they do it in a civil and respectful manner :) so no, this thread isnt just about Kain, but he was 1 of many contributing factors.

He's dead on. I did not single Kain out. I rather like Kain, seriously, I do. Kain will be back tomorrow, we just hope he is a little nicer this time. :)

Wether I like him or not, is irrelavant. He broke some rules and basically pissed off all the wrong people, even after flaming. Keep in mind that he is not the ONLY one I have banned for that reason. In the past two weeks I have banned about 3 people for constant flaming after warnings.

This thread is not about Kain at all, it's just that I have noticed a trend in threads going off topic and turning into heated arguments where members verbally assault the crap out of each other. I just want it to end. The Swamp was not like this a couple of months ago, but not it seems like there are several forums across LF where every silly topic turns into a HUGE argument for no apparent reason. I am tired of closing threads, and banning people.

I also want to point out that we NEVER ban somebody because of his/her opinion. It is simply how you express it.

For example:

Member #1: Slipknot sucks.
Member #2: Slipknot rules, you ****ing suck
Member #1: Shut the **** up and eat a bag of hell.

Moderator: Both of you guys cool it.

Member #1: STFU, and let me defend myself, and while your at it, all you mods can eat a bag of hell.

Member #2: Why should I listen to you , you, nobody cares what you say, so **** you, and your father's favorite snacks.

Now, as far as I can see, Member #1 was not out of line, until he retaliated against Member #2. It was not the "opinion" that got him in trouble, it was the way he started telling Member #2 off. Even though Member #2 started it, it is irrelavant, we punish those who break the rules, not who started the fight. If both parties are involved in the fight, both of them get the same treatment.

Now what we do is send both of these members a warning via private message UNLESS THEY'RE INBOX IS FULL. Now once they get warned two more times in either the thread or private message, if the argument persists with hateful remarks and name calling, we temp ban both members. If they re-register during a temp ban, the temp ban becomes permanent. If they come back at the end of the temp ban and start up on old habbits again, they become gone for good.

If you want some really good solid advice, when somebody starts calling you names and telling you off in a thread click the link on the post that says: Report this post to a moderator. DO NOT HARASS THEM BACK. Honestly, I have not recieved a report post email in almost a year, so obviously that feature is overlooked. If you can't find that, then just pm one of us, we all keep our pm inboxes clean. Just let us handle it, in the end it makes you look better, and we can keep the threads under control rather than just closing them all the time.

Selene,

tell Kain, he can still email us, and also tell him that none of us hold grudges or have any hard feelings towards him.

CapNColostomy
09-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
**** you, and your father's favorite snacks.

OT:Now THAT'S funny shtuff.

Redwing
09-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Eat a bag of hell, Groovy.

Er...I mean...I agree completely. :D

;)

acdcfanbill
09-12-2004, 06:33 PM
the bags of hell are sure flying around here at accelerated speed :eek:

Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 06:52 PM
http://www.themanipulation.com/bagofhell.jpg

Kurgan started it, I swear.....:eek:

ZBomber
09-12-2004, 07:12 PM
I will NOT accept this kind of behavior from you! Eat a bag of HEAVEN!

Lil Killa
09-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Report this post to a moderator

That was actually dissabled for some time on some of the forums not too long ago...

Redwing
09-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Ya, no one knows what that was about, but it got reenabled as soon as those who could do so realized...;)

And yeah, this is all Kurgan's fault :p :D

SeleneRayne
09-12-2004, 07:34 PM

Selene,

tell Kain, he can still email us, and also tell him that none of us hold grudges or have any hard feelings towards him.

Will do, Grooves.

And...uh...what's a bag of hell? :p That's a new one. lol

Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
That was actually dissabled for some time on some of the forums not too long ago...

I totally did not know that. That must explain why I recieved no "report post" emails for so long. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyways, it appears to be working here, so just that you are all aware of that option.

And YES this is all Kurgan's fault. :D

*waits for Kurgan to come and defend himself*

IG-64
09-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Hey, I thought about using that option once, but I didn't because I was a noob and I was afraid of doing something stupid >.>

ZBomber
09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Will do, Grooves.

And...uh...what's a bag of hell? :p That's a new one. lol

It is a bag containing a hellish substance I like to call Zed Juice

:D It's Kurgan's Fault!!!!

BongoBob
09-12-2004, 08:08 PM
:rofl:

*Adds bag of hell and f*** you and your fathers favorite snacks to list of greatest phrases*

RpTheHotrod
09-12-2004, 08:16 PM
great...look what groovy started :p

but anyway guys, back on subject...no more bags of hell!

We're all friends here, hopefully, from one time or another. It's the internet. No need to waste your time and argue and bicker back and forth. We're here for a common goal, to relax and have some social fun with eachother.

So chill out, guys ;) ...lest the angel in my sig take thine life!

Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 08:29 PM
RP is right. The whole "bag of hell" thing is a private joke among mods. I guess it is a "you had to be there type thing", but we ran wild with it. Actually I ran wild with it more than others, but it is still funny to me.

All jokes aside, RP brings up a good point, we ARE all here for a common purpose, and we mods are not here to rain on your parade, we just strive to keep the forums a safe "family environment" the way Star Wars was meant to be. There is NO shame in reporting a post to a moderator, and NOBODY will know you did it, unless you indicate it in a thread. All of the "report post" features are discreet and private. So always come to us first, when you are not sure, that cuts down on our warnings, bannings, closing s and what not. We will ALWAYS listen to you first before we take action. ;)

I know we can all get along, and still have a good time. :)

Edit- Also for the record, a "bag of hell" does not contain "Zed Juice"". Although he would like to THINK that, it is far from true. ;)

El Sitherino
09-12-2004, 08:38 PM
nothing in the world contains zed juice, not even Zed.

Kurgan
09-12-2004, 11:20 PM
*stumbles drunkenly past the thread*

..............http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

ZBomber
09-13-2004, 01:51 AM

Edit- Also for the record, a "bag of hell" does not contain "Zed Juice"". Although he would like to THINK that, it is far from true. ;)

But....but.... that was my whole advertising slogan! :eek:

Darth Rythe
09-13-2004, 03:07 AM
I go away for a few days and look what happens.
:xp:

Pie™
09-13-2004, 07:56 AM
http://www.themanipulation.com/bagofhell.jpg

Kurgan started it, I swear.....:eek: Hate to be nitpicking, but for the pentacle to symbolise our lord Satan, it has to point downwards ;)

When it's pointing upwards it's the Pagan symbol for white magic ;)

You have to know this stuff when you're wearing it, you know :p

Mex
09-13-2004, 09:14 AM
I also want to point out that we NEVER ban somebody because of his/her opinion. It is simply how you express it.

For example:

Member #1: Slipknot sucks.
Member #2: Slipknot rules, you ****ing suck
Member #1: Shut the **** up and eat a bag of hell.

Moderator: Both of you guys cool it.

Member #1: STFU, and let me defend myself, and while your at it, all you mods can eat a bag of hell.

Member #2: Why should I listen to you , you, nobody cares what you say, so **** you, and your father's favorite snacks.

Now, as far as I can see, Member #1 was not out of line, until he retaliated against Member #2. It was not the "opinion" that got him in trouble, it was the way he started telling Member #2 off. Even though Member #2 started it, it is irrelavant, we punish those who break the rules, not who started the fight. If both parties are involved in the fight, both of them get the same treatment.

Now what we do is send both of these members a warning via private message UNLESS THEY'RE INBOX IS FULL. Now once they get warned two more times in either the thread or private message, if the argument persists with hateful remarks and name calling, we temp ban both members. If they re-register during a temp ban, the temp ban becomes permanent. If they come back at the end of the temp ban and start up on old habbits again, they become gone for good.

If you want some really good solid advice, when somebody starts calling you names and telling you off in a thread click the link on the post that says: Report this post to a moderator. DO NOT HARASS THEM BACK. Honestly, I have not recieved a report post email in almost a year, so obviously that feature is overlooked. If you can't find that, then just pm one of us, we all keep our pm inboxes clean. Just let us handle it, in the end it makes you look better, and we can keep the threads under control rather than just closing them all the time.

That deserves to be stickied.

CapNColostomy
09-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Pie™

Especially if it's branded into your forehead. :eek:

iamtrip
09-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Honestly, I have not recieved a report post email in almost a year, so obviously that feature is overlooked.

I reported racism once and your mod said it was just a bit of fun.

IG-64
09-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Ching chong, nazi germans, stupid mexiacans, black people suck

you know i'm just kidding :p

Pie™
09-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Especially if it's branded into your forehead. :eek: Or your left testicle, but that's not the point here <.<

Doomie
09-13-2004, 11:27 AM
I reported racism once and your mod said it was just a bit of fun.

Well, trip, that's partially becasue you irritated everyone in that thread, didn't show any signs of coming from uzbekistan, but rather from england, and because it wasn't meant racistically.

obi
09-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Everyone in this thread is dumber than me.

And I'm not joking.

Mex
09-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Everyone in this thread is dumber than me.

And I'm not joking.

What? Explain.

obi
09-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Dude, I really was joking. I just thought people would pick up on that :p

Mex
09-13-2004, 12:04 PM
"Your lack of sarcasm is disturbing..."

:xp:

Kain
09-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Pal™
"Your lack of sarcasm is disturbing..."

Your lack of picking up on sarcasm is disturbing.

All you damn flamers need to shut up!:p

I'm guilty of nothing :¬:

KBell
09-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Denial is the first step in................something or the other.

Darth Groovy
09-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Pie™
Hate to be nitpicking, but for the pentacle to symbolise our lord Satan, it has to point downwards ;)

When it's pointing upwards it's the Pagan symbol for white magic ;)

Jed made it...:¬:

Yes we are NOT satanists, and thanks for noticing.

Mike Windu
09-13-2004, 05:29 PM
RP is right. The whole "bag of hell" thing is a private joke among mods. I guess it is a "you had to be there type thing", but we ran wild with it. Actually I ran wild with it more than others, but it is still funny to me.

All jokes aside, RP brings up a good point, we ARE all here for a common purpose, and we mods are not here to rain on your parade, we just strive to keep the forums a safe "family environment" the way Star Wars was meant to be. There is NO shame in reporting a post to a moderator, and NOBODY will know you did it, unless you indicate it in a thread. All of the "report post" features are discreet and private. So always come to us first, when you are not sure, that cuts down on our warnings, bannings, closing s and what not. We will ALWAYS listen to you first before we take action. ;)

I know we can all get along, and still have a good time. :)

Also used by friends of mods... :¬:

The Truthful Liar
09-13-2004, 05:35 PM
I hear the ring ring of santa's spam sleigh coming closer. :p

Darth Rythe
09-14-2004, 02:17 AM
*Shoots Santa's Sleigh*

No you don't
<_<
>_>

I'm guilty of nothing

Yes......me neither.................................
What?

Oh, right, on topic...hmm....

@Obi -- we didn't pick up on that, remember, we be stupid like

(inbackground) "No I isn't (inbackground)

Evil Dark Jedi
09-14-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252

It isnt that bad anymore. Maybe it is the same I might go check.

*Checks*

Nope its just all about BF in the Battlefront forum and all about Rping in the RPG forum(I love that place) but in the Sliced TaunTaun its hell j/k. Its alright now.

As for on topic could some one tell me I have even flamed once?

I think I havent.

*Runs into a corner and waits for a yes or no*

Darth Rythe
09-14-2004, 03:37 AM
Oh, very good.:rolleyes:

And, yes, you would have...I really wouldn't know but whatever.;)

Hermie
09-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by The Truthful Liar
I hear the ring ring of santa's spam sleigh coming closer. :p
Oh, thats just Pies car.