PDA

View Full Version : KotOR/TSL GUI Dialog Editor (DLGEditor) - Current Version: 2.3.2

tk102
09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
DLGEditor v2.3.2
Download here (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) (April 30, 2008)

v2.3.2
- Rearranged some code to prevent unnecessary crashes upon launch and recompiled with PerlApp 7.2

v2.3.1
- Recompiled with PerlApp 7.1 (support for diacritics in username)

v2.3.0
- Fixed bug where undoing an add of a reply to a reply or an entry to an
entry would not undo the creation of the implied entry or reply. Thanks to Dashus for this.
- Fixed bug where Edit: Delete All Orphans was not enabled right after a File: Open command (again, thanks Dashus)
- Animations can now be added without having to select from the list (they can be typed by number)

See readme.txt for more information.

Mono_Giganto
09-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Good job tk. :)

Five bucks says this is merged with the feedback thread within 2 days. :D

tk102
09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
I'll give it 2 hours.... and another $5 that says both of these posts will be deleted in the process.

Doc Valentine
09-13-2004, 01:28 PM
TK102 this is awsome, i cant tell you how much this will help me in A New Foe.

BTW: Can you do Tokens like in the aurora toolset where you can add a [sir/ma'am] thing?

tk102
09-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Yes you can use tokens. The one I'm most familiar with is <FullName>. But a quick check using KTLK (http://www.pcgamemods.com/5279/) or whatever your favorite TLK file search utility is, yields lots of them... mostly
<CUSTOMx> where x is a number.

Darth333
09-13-2004, 01:55 PM
:thmbup1: Excellent work t102!!! This is one great tool that will save a lot of headaches :compcry: and time when editing/creating dialogues. And I love those new functions you added since the last version, especially the copy/cut/paste function.!
:sheepdanc :guitar2 :band1 :guitar1 :cowdance

And concerning the bets you and Mono have taken: I wont delete Mono's post because he says "good job tk" and I won't merge this thread with the other because posts are inserted in a thread according to the time they were posted and the other posts would be placed at the top of this thread, before tk's announcement. Sooo...conclusion of this story: you both loose... send the money over here! :D

Darth Dex
09-13-2004, 02:34 PM
You already now how i feel.

tk102
09-13-2004, 03:02 PM
v1.0.1 (an update already!)
http://www.pcgamemods.com/7438/

This fixes the bug that TMPhoenix found in regards to the DelayEntry field.

TMPhoenix
09-15-2004, 02:17 AM
Great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tanesh
09-15-2004, 04:32 AM
Great work. :) I like the option "show orphaned replies/entries". I've just finished a personal dialogue with the old editor with over 200 replies/entries and found a lot "orphans" I forgot to connect with each other. :rolleyes: Thank you! :D

Fred Tetra
09-15-2004, 05:07 AM
I've seen some pretty cool stuff done with PERL at work, but never anything as great as this. Quite amazing.

Excellent work - keep it up!

tk102
09-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Thanks a lot guys! :D

And that means a great deal from you Fred. :D FWIW, I found myself thinking, well what would Fred do here?

Soliloquy: Perl/Tk (the GUI) can be tricky or tedious at times but eventually it lends itself to cut/paste code, which to me, means that you're on the right track design-wise. If you find yourself having to make a lot exceptions for special cases, then it might be time for a redesign. And adding the menubar at the top is surprisingly effective at focussing the purpose of the program.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have critiques/ideas for this app.

Lorden Darkblade
09-15-2004, 05:07 PM
If this only existed when I was trying to make that last mod when I wanted to be able to use Force Persuade to get the item :(
Anyway, nice work as usual tk102

beancounter
09-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Very nice work tk! I was just getting the hang of your text based dialog editor, but I am happy to throw that out in favor of this one. Once again nice work!

Fred Tetra
09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Tanesh
Great work. :) I like the option "show orphaned replies/entries". I've just finished a personal dialogue with the old editor with over 200 replies/entries and found a lot "orphans" I forgot to connect with each other. :rolleyes: Thank you! :D

How did you create orphaned nodes in the conversation? Was it by accident? Where you using DLGEdit or (shudders) the GFFEditor?

If someone who has created/can create one of these, kindly send it to me (email in the KT readme..blah..blah..blah) so I can make sure that it can be checked for in the Kotor Tool conversation editor.

Also, should it be called a conversation or dialogue editor? NWNs' toolset uses the former....

tk102
09-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Hi Fred,
If you want, you can download the VFX Armband (http://www.pcgamemods.com/5896/) for an example of a .dlg with orphaned nodes. When I was building it, I was too lazy to remove the nodes for the effects that didn't work. :)

Fred Tetra
09-16-2004, 08:54 PM
So what you're saying is that there are EntryList items that don't appear in any ReplyList item's EntriesList or ReplyList items that don't appear in any EntryList item's RepliesList, correct?

If that's so, I think I am OK due to the way I parse the DLG file; non-referenced entries are not processed, so only the actual "tree" (or directed graph, if you prefer) is loaded and rewritten into GFF when you save.

Tanesh
09-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Fred Tetra
So what you're saying is that there are EntryList items that don't appear in any ReplyList item's EntriesList or ReplyList items that don't appear in any EntryList item's RepliesList, correct?

Yes, that's it. I used tk's old DLGEdit to write my dialogue and because it was so big, I missed to connect some dialogue options with each other. And then the happy searching begun ... especially with the empty replies ... *sigh*

But tk, I've got a little problem now. When I want to open said dlg file, I get an error message:
"Can't call method "get_field_ix_by_label" on an undefined value at dlgeditor_101.pl line 1361. (menu invoke)"
and the option "View" in the menu is missing until I choose with right click an option like show conditionals or indices. But still after that I can't fold or unfold the trees ...
:confused:
It's only with one file and it worked fine a day ago. What could that be? :confused:

tk102
09-17-2004, 06:08 AM
Interesting. Tanesh, I PM'd you. Send the dlg to me along with the exact steps involved in generating the errors. Hopefully it will lead to an improvement.

Fred Tetra
09-17-2004, 07:43 AM
While I emailed you this response, I decided to also share it here for the benefit of other folks....

"Ok, while I don't have the time to fix it for you, I did find the problem in you file to be a circular reference as I had guessed.

If you open up your file in the GFF Editor, you'll find that EntryList(126) has a RepliesList index entry of 172 into the ReplyList, and likewise ReplyList(172) has an EntriesList index entry of 126 into the EntryList.

This breaks the rule that conversation trees go down only by direct reference and up only by virtual links. Since I can't take the time to trace out your intended tree, you'll have to patch it up manually."

P.S. Yours is the largest conversation tree I've ever seen at 160 KB! Some of the largest in KotOR are only around 36KB :)

Tanesh
09-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Yes, I had a typing error (184 instead of 144) and accidently switched the lines (172 instead of 173). :rolleyes: Man, I'm getting old ...

And I know it's quite large, it hast 342 replies/entries, the "connections" and starting list not counted. I only wanted to have a nice background story for my sabers ... I guess it got a bit out of control. :rolleyes: But now I have a personal conversation file almost like the other pary members. :)
I'm not sure if I want to translate the whole thing ... it would take a lot of work, that's for sure.

tk102
09-17-2004, 10:11 AM
This breaks the rule that conversation trees go down only by direct reference and up only by virtual links. Since I can't take the time to trace out your intended tree, you'll have to patch it up manually.

Am I missing something because this rule has no "teeth" to it. I don't know about NWN, but KotOR doesn't mind moving up the dialog tree without the "IsChild" flag being set. The dialog behaves itself.

DLGEditor does nothing with this flag (other than create the field).

tk102
09-18-2004, 11:06 AM
v1.0.2 released (see link in first post of this thread.)

* v1.0.2 - added error checking for StartingList, EntriesList, RepliesList so that if the Index field points to a non-existant structure, a dialog box will appear prompting the user to take action. (Thanks Tanesh.)

Achilles
09-18-2004, 02:14 PM
TK102,

Thanks for the updated version. I'm working with it right now to create a new dialog and it seems as though there is some general weirdness with the copy/paste functions.

If I try to copy and paste a node, the application will only paste the copy in the same tree as the entry I'm copying.

For instance:

Entry 0
Reply 0

Entry 1
Reply 1

If I try to copy R0 and add it to E1's tree, it pastes it directly below R0 :(

Not sure if this is user error, but I thought I would share this in case it's not.

tk102
09-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi Achilles,

Are you sure that E1 is properly selected in the tree at the time you initiate your Paste? Sometimes the tree doesn't respond as quickly as expected.

If the problem is persistent and is repeatable, could you send me the .dlg in question along with the exact steps involved in causing the bug.... email is in the Help: About screen.

Achilles
09-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Hi Achilles,

Are you sure that E1 is properly selected in the tree at the time you initiate your Paste? Sometimes the tree doesn't respond as quickly as expected.

If the problem is persistent and is repeatable, could you send me the .dlg in question along with the exact steps involved in causing the bug.... email is in the Help: About screen. Yeah, it tried it 5 or 6 times just to make sure that I wasn't doing something incorrectly.

Unfortunately, I soldiered through it a finished the dialog by copy/pasting text into new entries, so I don't have the problem file any longer :(

If I come across the same issue again, I'll save you a copy.

Thanks!

tk102
09-18-2004, 09:38 PM
v1.0.3 released

- fixed bug: Comments not being stored (thanks T7Nowhere)
- improved cut/delete operations (thanks Achilles, T7Nowhere)
- fixed bug that affected StartingList entries after one was deleted
- added Paste options to context menu when root node is selected

Fred Tetra
09-19-2004, 07:18 PM
Am I missing something because this rule has no "teeth" to it. I don't know about NWN, but KotOR doesn't mind moving up the dialog tree without the "IsChild" flag being set. The dialog behaves itself.

DLGEditor does nothing with this flag (other than create the field).

According to the Bioware Aurora Conversation Format document, table 2.3.2, the flag has this description:

IsChild - BYTE - 1 if this is a link, and there is a LinkComment.
0 if this is a direct reference to the dialog, and there is no LinkComment.

Sometimes apps do not follow standards and still work (e.g. Internet Explorer), but I generally try to write to them for future compatability.

My editor builds its data structures by walking the actual conversation, which has the side effect of weeding out orphan nodes. The downside is that it expects that files follow the Bioware format specs and chokes when they're not :) Well, at least it used to when cyclic edges were present between the nodes. Now I use a hashtable to tell if a node has been visited during the traversal of the tree, so it is easier to detect nodes that should likely be marked as links, which it then does.

I let my editor try this on Tanesh's file, then I sent it back to her { :) }; we'll see if my technique is any good. :D

Tanesh
09-20-2004, 03:37 AM
Unfortunately, the file doesn't work correctly, Fred. :( Seven of the eight entries of the starting list are missing and there are some problems with dialog options that should only appear with a script. I sent you a mail with the whole error list.
Oh, and it's "her", not "him". ;)

Fred Tetra
09-20-2004, 06:39 AM
I discovered a bug this morning that was causing the "Script that determines if node is available" script name to be written to "Script to run for this node" script's field. This is a bad thing. I corrected it and a new version of Kotor Tool is available for those who'd like to try it. Also, I sent Tanesh a new version of the conversation to see if it works better.

I realize this is more of a Kotor Tool-thing than something directly relevant to tk102's cool tool, but I wasn't sure how to otherwise address it :)

tk102
09-20-2004, 12:11 PM
v1.0.4 released

Adds support for extended characters such as ä,ß,ŕ etc.

tk102
10-13-2004, 05:26 PM
GUI DLGEditor v1.0.5 released.

- Added enhancements to the code to make it more compatible with those DLG files created with KotOR Tool.

I noticed some DLG files that didn't have certain fields (eg. Sound, SoundExists, Quest, etc.) These caused DLGEditor some trouble, but no longer.

Fred Tetra
10-14-2004, 05:59 AM
I ran into the same problem! In fact, I used to unconditionally add many fields whether or not they were used, but now I only create them if either (a) I know from experience that they have to be there or (b) the user entered data that needs to be stored in a node. This makes the DLGs I output much smaller with less 'waste'. This follows my observations ofseveral of the in-game DLG files.

tk102
10-14-2004, 06:08 AM
Well this version puts all of those fields back in -- just in case people want to modify the files in GFF Editor later. The file size difference that I've seen was about 15%.

tk102
11-21-2004, 09:41 AM
DLGEditor v1.0.6 Released 11/21/04

- Fixed bug in AnimationList where Animation descriptions containing a space were not being recorded correctly

- Added support for QuestEntry field. Thanks Xavier2!

T7nowhere
11-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Cool, Thanks tk102.

Darth333
11-21-2004, 12:37 PM
thankstk102, I gonna need that journal entry thing soon :)

tk102
12-04-2004, 09:25 PM
DLGEditor v1.0.7 Released 12/4/04

Fixed problem where user would paste a Unicode character such as a smart quote or a smart apostrophe into the Text field and then get a "Wide Character" error when trying to save the dialog. Now, Unicode characters will appear in the Text field, but will become strange ASCII characters in the Treeview when Apply button is pressed. This eliminates the error at save. Thanks svösh and Darth333!

Darth333
12-05-2004, 07:29 AM
And thanks to you for making this update! :sheepdanc

svösh
12-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Big thanks for this Tk :)

svösh

tk102
12-05-2004, 08:46 AM
svösh said
Big thanks for this Tk
Sorry you had to find out about this the hard way, svösh... :(

tk102
01-04-2005, 09:23 PM
GUI DLGEditor v1.0.8 released.
Automatic Apply Feature added.

v1.0.8 - Added "Automatic Apply" feature to the Edit menu (F8=shortcut). After working with DLGEditor for awhile, I felt it is was too annoying to have to click the Apply button all the time for changes to stick. (I'm surprised more people didn't complain about this. :o )This feature is toggled on by default and will hide the Apply button. Changes are applied whenever the user clicks on a different Tree Node. You can revert back to the old behavior by pressing F8 which will make the Apply button reappear automagically.

Darkkender
01-05-2005, 03:31 AM
Actually I had noticed it and it was annoying tk102. However I never felt it was worth complaining about. There are always bigger fish to fry.:p

Darth333
01-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Nice practical addition :)

We'll complain when we make tools :p

tk102
02-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Just a reminder for those trying to use DLGEditor with TSL dialogs:

You'll need to press Ctrl+T (or choose File: Change TLK File) to browse to the dialog.tlk file located in your TSL installation directory.

Xcom
02-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Just a reminder for those trying to use DLGEditor with TSL dialogs:

You'll need to press Ctrl+T (or choose File: Change TLK File) to browse to the dialog.tlk file located in your TSL installation directory.

Any chance the program could "remember" that change so you don't have to change it everytime?

Also, I was wondering, would it be possible to to display (and modify) script parameters fields just as you can do with actual script names.

Thanks

tk102
02-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Any chance the program could "remember" that change so you don't have to change it everytime?Yes I actually intend to add that feature.

Also, I was wondering, would it be possible to to display (and modify) script parameters fields just as you can do with actual script names.
Ah, is this something new with TSL dialog files? Parameters that can be passed to the scripts? If so, then most certainly!

I have not investigated TSL dialogs yet, obviously. :)

Xcom
02-17-2005, 08:57 AM
I have not investigated TSL dialogs yet, obviously.

LOL! I on the other hand don't know what was (and what wasn't) possible with the first game. I felt the modding force only with TSL. :D

But yes, you can add params (whole bunch of them) in dlg files which will be passed to scripts you're calling. I guess this makes usage of scripts more effecient since you can write more generic code. Unfortunately, so far you can only modify/add them with GFFEditor which is pain in the butt, especially with large dialogs.

Anyway, I eagerly await your next release. :)

tk102
03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
It's been a long time coming...

v2.1.2 released

DLGEditor now supports TSL dialog editing. There's been many new features added to DLGEditor that were not present in the 1.0.8 version. Some highlights include:

- Support for new TSL .dlg field editing
- KotOR/TSL dialog.tlk paths supported
- Undo feature supports 4 levels of undo
- Autodetection of .dlg file types (attempted at least)
- Toggle mode from KotOR to TSL
- Multiple language ID support and conversion capability
- Screen Resolution can be modified
- Go to Index # functionality
- Move Node Up/Down from context menu
- A new readme.txt

I am certain how all the new fields affect dialogs in-game. Hopefully you will be able to provide feedback that I can put into the readme.txt.

Darth333
03-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Great! Thanks for releasing this (I couldn't hold it secret much longer :D ) It will make dlg editing much easier now :)

svösh
03-10-2005, 12:06 PM
More Awesome tools, Thanks TK !!!!!!!:D

svösh

Darkkender
03-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Thank you so very much for this TK. I have actually been pulling my modding punches and not trying to dive to heavily into TSL modding untill a new version of DLG edit and MDLops was released. Now I have no excuse other than time now to not dive headlong into my massive scale mod project that I started.

ChAiNz.2da
03-10-2005, 01:11 PM
:worship:
Just in time too! I was about to start some dialogue editing...in...dare I say... GFF Editor :eek: dum..dum..dum...

Thanks for saving me from that nightmare ;) heheh

Awesome work as usual man!

Xcom
03-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Excellent. Thanks tk102.

T7nowhere
03-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Excellent work as always tk102. with this dlg editor and the dlg functions OE added, IMO Dialogs are capable of being much more dynamic then ever before.

Thanks a million.

tk102
03-11-2005, 12:32 AM
I certainly agree with you there T7, especially in the area of script parameters.

Both Fred and I really need the help of fellow modders who perform .dlg edits to give feedback as to how some of the new fields work. AlienRaceNode? What's that? RecordNoVO? Hopefully you all can figure out what's important and what's junk fields left in by Obsidian.

tk102
03-13-2005, 04:14 PM
v2.1.3 released
Added CameraID field support and updated readme.

Thanks Xcom. :)

Darkkender
03-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Thank you for this TK.

Doc Valentine
04-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey TK, this is a minor think i know but it just is a real bear when you have to edit cutscenes in the gff editor. What I am talking about is that you provided a listener field only for replies and not for the entries as well. For cutscenes it is important to have speaker and listener fields for the entries so that the two npc's that are talking face each other. I noticed that this field was present in the gff editor but not in the DLGEditor, and in tsl, editing dialogs with a gff editor can sometimes cause problems. So, you don't have to do this i guess, but it would be nice, if you could just add a listener field for the entries as well as the replies. Thanks in advance,
-GSCCC

T7nowhere
04-03-2005, 01:06 AM
^^ what is difference? Does specifying the listener feild on entries do. Is it only a problem if there are multiple npc's talking in the same dlg. Becuase I haven't noticed the npc not faceing each other in 1 on 1 dialogs.

Doc Valentine
04-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Then you havent played my mod, the admiral jumps around from looking towards the pc from looking towards the npc he is talking to, this is because sometimes the listener field is set and sometimes it wasnt, mainly i tried to do it in just the first two entries to try and see if he would stay facing darth cravon, only he didnt. Im not trying to complain or anyting i just think it would be nice to have that option there. Makes a lot less work for people when doing cutscenes where the pc is present.

T7nowhere
04-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Ah ic. Ya I have mostly only done 1 on 1 dialogs so I never noticed the need for it. Oh and no I haven't tried your mod, I have just been too busy with my own ;)

Doc Valentine
04-03-2005, 03:00 AM
Yes, the problem happens if the pc is present in a cutscene which unless you use a recorded stunt module he always is, the npc's will want to face the pc so you have to set their listener tag to look at the npc they are talking to ex: if the admiral really did turn around and face in the opposite direction of the Dark Lord while he was talking, he probably wouldn't be admiral for long :p.

BTW: Don't worry about the whole you havent played my mod thing, i wasnt buggin you about it was just giving an example :p.

tk102
04-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Ah, ok. Thanks for the suggestion Gsccc! I didn't know Entry structs recognized the Listener field -- I hadn't opened a dlg in GFFEditor that had one. I appreciate the constructive feedback. This item is next on my to-do list.

(Makes you wonder if adding a Speaker field to a Reply would work.)

envida
04-03-2005, 10:44 AM
I would like to add my gratitude to this application tk102. I dont know what I would have done without it :)

I have one complaint though.

The application runs very slow, like when selecting dialog entries it takes "a long time" to update the fields which get can get somewhat tiresome. Compared to in Kotor Tool it updates the fields as soon as you select a new line. While with this tool it usually takes a few seconds.
Maybe its something on my part but I wanted to mention it anyway.

Keep up the great work :D

tk102
04-03-2005, 01:17 PM
There are a number of reasons for the slowness including:

1) the size of the TSL dialogs are huge
2) there are many more fields to handle in TSL than in KotOR
3) the Undo feature I added consumes more memory
4) I destroy and recreate the widgets and each dialog branch -- that's something I'd like to fix but it will require extensive reprogramming

Doc Valentine
04-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks a BUNCH tk102, this will make making cutscenes a LOT easyer for modders, heck i know it will for me!:D

envida
04-03-2005, 08:58 PM
There are a number of reasons for the slowness including:

1) the size of the TSL dialogs are huge
2) there are many more fields to handle in TSL than in KotOR
3) the Undo feature I added consumes more memory
4) I destroy and recreate the widgets and each dialog branch -- that's something I'd like to fix but it will require extensive reprogramming

I just turned of the "Automatic Apply Changes" feature and it was way faster, dont why I never thought of that :rolleyes:

tk102
04-04-2005, 01:45 AM
v2.1.4 released

Added support for Listener fields in Entry branches (Thanks Gsccc)

Fixed a bug that caused generated Script2 fields to be written as CExoStrings instead of CResref, causing said scripts to fail in-game. (Thanks T7Nowhere)

envida
04-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by tk102 v2.1.4 released
Added support for Listener fields in Entry branches (Thanks Gsccc)

Good news I'm about to start some cutscene work soon :)
Fixed a bug that caused generated Script2 fields to be written as CExoStrings instead of CResref, causing said scripts to fail in-game. (Thanks T7Nowhere)
Thats why my second script didnt fire!
I have been going through my scripts several times to figure out what was wrong :)

One quick question, do I need to make a new dialog file or will the editor update my exsisting dialog file so second scripts are written as CResref?

And thanks for the update ;)

tk102
04-04-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry about that envida and T7. DLGEditor will not automatically fix it. If you can wait a couple hours, I'll have a small fix-it utility that will.

tk102
04-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Here's dialog fixit utility.

There's really nothing much to it... when you launch it, it will ask you to browse to your dialog file. It will then rewrite Script2 fields so that they are CRESREF field types.

If you open it from a command prompt (not necessary), it will also tell you how many fields it fixed.

envida
04-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks heaps for the utility you are one cool hardworking guy :cool:

Razorfish.8
04-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey,

Wanted to say awesome work on the DLGEditor :) My main nitpick is that the tree view pane is rather short, and that it cannot be resized vertically.

Beyond that, I just had a question about camera id's. Is there really any difference between a camera id of -1 and 0?

New nodes created in DLG Editor seem to use -1 by default, but after I change the value in the camera id field to test other camera results, I cannot change it back to -1 because it no longer allows a minus sign in that field. Sure, I could change it back to -1 with GFF Editor, but I was curious about this deliberate >=0 limitation in DLGEditor.

AlienRaceNode? What's that? RecordNoVO?
As far as I can tell, AlienRaceNode refers to indicies in alienvo.2da, which map to voice files in the StreamVoice\AVO\ folder. For example, in recent dialogs I have edited, T3-M4's nodes have AlienRaceNode set to 21 (which is the "T3_Speech" row in alienvo.2da), and changing it to 0 resulted in silence.
RecordNoVO seemed to always be set to 1 when AlienRaceNode was filled in, but I haven't really checked it out to see if it had to be set.

tk102
04-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Razorfish.8
Hey...the tree view pane is rather short, and that it cannot be resized vertically.I know -- I don't like that either and for awhile I was trying to find the right splitter widget that would allow resizing, but I got sidetracked.
Beyond that, I just had a question about camera id's. Is there really any difference between a camera id of -1 and 0? New nodes created in DLG Editor seem to use -1 by default, but after I change the value in the camera id field to test other camera results, I cannot change it back to -1 because it no longer allows a minus sign in that field... I was curious about this deliberate >=0 limitation in DLGEditor.

Yeah, that's my own inconsistencies you're noticing I think. As far as I know -1 is almost always means INVALID when it comes to constants in KotOR/TSL. 0 usually means DEFAULT. At the time I was making DLGEditor, I didn't know what the camera id should default to. I chose -1. But as you noticed my numeric-only code only allows values >= 0. There is no ulterior reasons behind these behaviors. :) Glad that you can't tell a difference between 0 and -1 in-game.

AlienRaceNode...
RecordNoVO...
Hey thanks for the info!

Wanted to say awesome work on the DLGEditor :)
I appreciate the feedback. I'll take another look at what I can do about making those panes resizeable.

envida
04-05-2005, 05:23 AM
I just tested the dialog fixit utility and it worked great. It changed 119 fields. What a timesaver!

tk102
04-27-2005, 10:45 PM
v2.1.5

- Animations added for TSL
- Fixed behavior problems with Copy/Paste New
- Paste now also pastes conditional scripts
- Ability to turn off undo feature for more speed

Emperor Devon
04-27-2005, 11:57 PM
*tsk tsk* I thought you were going to take a break and play TSL... :lol:

tk102
05-01-2005, 05:29 PM
v2.1.6

(Finally) added an adjuster widget so that the top pane can be resized. I don't why it took so long to find that widget. :doh: Anyway, if you put your cursor between the upper and lower pane, it will turn into an up/down arrow and you can drag the upper pane to make it bigger or smaller.

Xcom
05-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Great work, tk .. as always.

BTW.. Have you finished TSL or you're still on Ravager? :D

Edit tk102: Yes I finished last night.

tk102
05-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Just updated the readme.txt for v2.1.6 with the information gathered about some of the fields discussed in this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148877) thread.

tk102
07-08-2005, 11:41 PM
v2.2.0

Improved mouse click recognition

A long time annoyance has been remedied with this version. The Perl/Tk menu system has a bug in it (on Win32 platforms) that, when a menu item is selected, the focus does not return to the main window. Instead, an extra click is needed to return focus to the main window, so users sometimes find that two clicks are required to get the Treeview to respond.

v2.2.0 of DLGEditor worksaround this shortcoming my simulating a mouse click after a menu selection is made. The result is that the application seems more responsive to user input.

tk102
07-31-2005, 03:24 AM
v2.2.1

- Added Search by StringRef (F9) and Search by Text (F10) functions to the View menu

Darth333
07-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks for adding this tk :)

Here come the cookies:
:burg1: :burg1: :burg1:

mrdefender
08-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Quick question.... about the conditional things...

How does it work if you use both fields?

a) If #1 is true and #2 is true , show this thing
b) If #1 is false and #2 is true, show this thing
c) If #1 is true or #2 is true, show this thing
d) If #1 is false or #2 is false, show this thing

I'm sortof looking for a way to do this:
#1 would be c_npc_avail
#2 would be c_hasitem

If atton is in party, show this thing
If atton is not in party, but player has x item, show this thing
If atton is not in party, and player doesn't have x item, hide this thing

:giveup: :sweat:

tk102
08-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Hi. Your described scenarios can be handled in DLGEditor using these settings:

a) Parm1 "Not": unchecked; Parm2 "Not" unchecked; Logic=0
b) Parm1 "Not": checked; Parm2 "Not" unchecked; Logic=0
c) Parm1 "Not": unchecked; Parm2 "Not" unchecked; Logic=1
d) Parm1 "Not": checked; Parm2 "Not" checked; Logic =1

At least that's what I wrote in the dlgeditor-readme.txt for the "Logic" field description at one time. :)

If atton is in party, show this thing
If atton is not in party, but player has x item, show this thing
If atton is not in party, and player doesn't have x item, hide this thing

That just boils down to: IF X OR Y which is described in c) above.

mrdefender
08-16-2005, 03:31 PM
It works :) thx

tk102
09-19-2005, 01:01 PM
v2.2.2 released

- Removed duplicate 'Listener' field in Add New Entry operations
- Removed duplicate 'Active', 'Index', and 'IsChild' fields in Paste As Copy operations
(thanks stoffe -mkb-!)

JdNoa
11-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi, tk! Any chance you could add the CameraAnimation field (found in, for example, the first entry of enc_ruin.dlg in 605DAN) to your most excellent tool? It would make testing much easier. :)
thanks!

Slapzed
11-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Hello, I am new to Modding and I am trying to incorparate 2 DLG files into one. First I need to open and compare them for the differences. But when I open a DLG in the DLG Editor the editor shuts down and produces an error. I can't tell what the error is from the report.

All I do is click File, Open, and choose the .dlg I want and the editor shuts down. If anyone has ideal of what the problem is please let me know.

Darth333
11-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Can you post the error message?

Slapzed
12-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Sorry about the late response. Computer was down. I have got the newest version now so the problem dosn't happen anymore. I thought I had the latest version but somehow got version 1.0.0.8. and I had downloaded it within the last 2 weeks

Arátoeldar
12-20-2005, 09:08 AM
I am having a weird problem. I can edit and save the Starport Visa Fix but if I try to edit something else. Such as a dlg file from the USM I don't get the option to save. The Save and Save As options stay greyed out. :confused:

I am using the 2.2.4 version of the editor.

Darth333
12-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Make sure you click on another line before trying to save. I have no difficulties editing those files.

Arátoeldar
12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks Darth333 :heart:

I have read the readme file and still cannot figure out how to edit the actual dialog. :o:(

Razorfish.8
12-31-2005, 10:59 PM
It's been a while since I've done any TSL editing (so, sorry for the dated praise), but I've recently started using v2.2.4 and I'm totally loving the resize widget and search functions :)

One somewhat odd feature (bug?) with copy / paste-as-copy that I noticed while using the latest version is that the scriptname field for Conditional #1 is not copied over, but Conditional #1's parameters, as well as the entire specification for Conditional #2 (i.e., scriptname + parameters) and conditional logic is copied over. I was copying and pasting a player reply when I noticed this behavior.

Another thing I noticed was that, upon setting Script #1 or #2, the field data is propagated to all its copies, but this doesn't happen when setting/editing Conditional #1 or #2. If this a feature, would it be possible to add a separate option to propagate these conditional changes to the node's copies?

tk102
01-18-2006, 04:52 PM
One somewhat odd feature (bug?) with copy / paste-as-copy that I noticed while using the latest version is that the scriptname field for Conditional #1 is not copied over...

Another thing I noticed was that, upon setting Script #1 or #2, the field data is propagated to all its copies... If this a feature, would it be possible to add a separate option to propagate these conditional changes to the node's copies?

Hi Razorfish.8! In even more belated response to your post...

I've fixed both of these features in DLGEditor v2.2.5. In the latter case, a popup will now occur asking you if you wish to propagate the conditional changes.

rgdelta
01-21-2006, 03:23 AM
tk102 I also noticed that if I do a copy / paste-as-new conditionals are not copied over is that a bug or intended?

tk102
01-21-2006, 06:45 PM
That was intentional, albeit lazy also. :) I guess it would be better to have the conditionals copies too.

cjt0202
01-23-2006, 09:27 PM
I can't see that anyone else has ever reported this type of behavior, so I can only conclude that my computer (WinXP SP2) has some kind of really freaky issues with Perl.

I have the worst time trying to use DLGEditor (the latest version and the two versions before it). I can open the teeniest files, but if I try to open any normal sized ones, it crashes. And crash in this case means Poof! gone, no errors, no warnings, nothing. If the file is small enough, then it may open on the 2nd or 3rd (or 4th or 5th...) try. But as soon as I click on a node in the tree, it crashes. Or in the rare case that it stays open long enough for me to actually click on a node, edit something, click on another node to activate "Save", then it will usually crash when I try to save. :compcry:

I have similar problems with K-Gff. It will open small files (like .uti and .utc size files), but larger files, forget it. Crashes every time. And if say, I want to add a new camera to a .git file, I have to add a new struct, and add each field one at a time because if I copy an existing camera struct, it will crash on the paste operation. And I have to save after each new field, because it occasionally crashes on saving and better to lose one field than ten. For what it's worth, camedit adds the camera beautifully and then crashes on saving. FindRefs shows that it's searching for a bit, then crashes. I think KSE is the only one of tk102's tools I have that doesn't give me any trouble.

Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing?

Edit tk102: Recently, I upgraded from Perl 5.8.0 to 5.8.8 which addressed a variety of bugs. I have since recompiled DLGEditor, K-GFF, and FindRefs GUI with this new version of Perl. cjt0202 has indicated this has fixed the problem. :)

rgdelta
01-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Nope I don't have that problem and I am running XP SP 2 also

tk102
01-24-2006, 03:10 AM
my computer has freaky issues with Perl.

trying to use DLGEditor it crashes. I have similar problems with K-Gff. Crashes every time. camedit crashes on saving. FindRefs shows that it's searching for a bit, then crashes.

I think KSE is the only one of tk102's tools I have that doesn't give me any trouble.

Oh cjt0202 that is easily the worst review I've gotten during my entire times on the forums. :lol: (oops I mean: :( ) Have you had any problems with cchargin's utilities? Do you use KSE or KSEA?

cjt0202
01-24-2006, 06:11 AM
Oh cjt0202 that is easily the worst review I've gotten during my entire times on the forums. :lol: (oops I mean: :( ) Sorry! :D
I hated to do it, but the next thing on my list of trying to figure it out myself was descending into DLL Hell.
Have you had any problems with cchargin's utilities? Do you use KSE or KSEA?mdlops seems to be OK. I use KSE.

tk102
02-25-2006, 04:56 AM
v2.2.6 released
- Added a popup notification that occurs the first time orphan nodes are detected
- Added Edit: Delete All Orphans menu item

oldflash
02-25-2006, 05:23 AM
To erase all orphans in one step is great. To be notify when they appeare ist is SUPER! Thanks tk102
Edit: Tested. It works perfect.

The Source
03-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I was wondering about something: When I copy and paste dialogue lines, to create a loop, sometimes the entire section of dialogue gets moved. Was there a way that I can loop dialogue with only copying and moving one line?

Darth333
03-07-2006, 11:57 AM
You have the option to "paste as new" and "paste as copy".

You can also copy a line as text from the white box where you can type in and paste it somewhere else (ctrl+c and ctrl+v).

Edit tk102:
For this, I use Copy, then Paste as New. I then use Break Link with Parent on the subnodes that I don't want. (Hmm... that can be a little tedious. I might look at simplifying that process.)

The Source
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
You have the option to "paste as new" and "paste as copy".

You can also copy a line as text from the white box where you can type in and paste it somewhere else (ctrl+c and ctrl+v).
When I am creating dialogue loops, I usually use 'paste as copy'. However, I have tried both, and it doesn't like to play well with others.

Let me try to clearify, for I may have not have been clear. Lets just say I create three dialogue trees, and I decided to loop all three back to the main 'Entry' dialogue. I would have to copy and paste the entrys to create a loop. What is intresting is that the first dialogue tree likes to pull the entire second and third dialogue trees with the copied entry. Instead of just taking the 'Entry' dialogue of tree 2 and 3, the entire tree is pulled over.

Any suggestion?

The Source
03-07-2006, 12:13 PM
For this, I use Copy, then Paste as New. I then use Break Link with Parent on the subnodes that I don't want. (Hmm... that can be a little tedious. I might look at simplifying that process.)
Will that allow the dialogue to loop back to the 2nd and 3rd entries, and execute the rest of the dialogue trees? Or, will that just cut the ties with the remaining dialogue in tree 2 and 3?

Thanks for both of your help on this matter.

Edit: Added:
I just tried what you suggested, and I get [End Dialogue]. I am hoping to get [Already Listed].

tk102
03-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Let's say you have a dialog like this:

Root
|-> Entry 1
|--> Reply 1
|
|-> Entry 2
|--> Reply 2
|
|-> Entry 3
|--> Reply 3

and you want Reply 3 to loop back to the beginning.

In DLGEditor do this:

1. Add a new Entry to the root (it can be empty)

Root
|-> Entry 1
|--> Reply 1
|
|-> Entry 2
|--> Reply 2
|
|-> Entry 3
|--> Reply 3
|
|-> Entry 4

2. Add a new Reply to that entry (it can be empty also)
Root
|-> Entry 1
|--> Reply 1
|
|-> Entry 2
|--> Reply 2
|
|-> Entry 3
|--> Reply 3
|
|-> Entry 4
|--> Reply 4

3. Cut Entry 1 Copy Entry 1* and Paste as Copy to Reply 4. Then Cut Entry 1. Do this for Entry 2 and Entry 3 also:
Root
|-> Entry 4
|--> Reply 4
|---> Entry 1
|----> Reply 1
|---> Entry 2
|----> Reply 2
|---> Entry 3
|----> Reply 3

4. Copy Entry 4 and Paste as Copy to Reply 3.
|-> Entry 4
|--> Reply 4
|---> Entry 1
|----> Reply 1
|---> Entry 2
|----> Reply 2
|---> Entry 3
|----> Reply 3
|-----> Entry 4 (already listed)

* doing the Copy instead of Cut ensures that you can Paste Node As Copy which is necessary to preserve the conditionals. Also, to remove the original Entry, use Cut instead of Delete or you will create orphans.

The Source
03-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh I get it!

I will have to make another tree with a new 'Entry' and 'Reply', and then I can copy & paste the entries from 1, 2, and 3 into the new tree. After all that, I can then copy and paste them at the end of tree 1, 2, or 3. <---That will definatly make a cleaner loop. :thumbsup:

That is so logical. I can't believe that I didn't see that.

Thank you TK. :)

tk102
03-07-2006, 12:41 PM
I just edited the above... make sure you do a Paste as Copy to preserve your Conditionals. Also there seems to be a bug if you try to Break Link with Parent on the original node after you've done the Paste as Copy. Cut node works correctly. Don't use Delete Node Completely in this case though.

The Source
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Unfortulatley, I still get the same results.

(Unaltered: Without loops.)
NPC-ROOT
---->PC - Entry I
------->NPC - Reply
---------->PC - Reply
------------>NPC - Reply (End Dialogue.)

---->PC - Entry II
------->NPC - Reply
---------->PC - Reply

---->PC - Entry III
------->NPC - Reply
---------->PC - Reply

--------------------------------------------------------

(Altered: With loops. The result I keep getting.)
NPC-ROOT
---->PC - Entry I
------->NPC - Reply
---------->PC - Reply
-------------->PC - Entry II
----------------->NPC - Reply
-------------------->PC - Reply
---------------------->NPC - Reply (End Dialogue.)
-------------->PC - Entry III
----------------->NPC - Reply
-------------------->PC - Reply
---------------------->NPC - Reply (End Dialogue.)

---->PC - Entry II (Already Listed.)

---->PC - Entry III (Already Listed.)

--------------------------------------------------------

(What I would like to happen.)
NPC-ROOT
---->PC - Entry I
------->NPC - Reply
---------->PC - Reply
------------>NPC - Reply
-------------->PC - Entry II (Already Listed.)
-------------->PC - Entry III (Already Listed.)

---->PC - Entry II
------->NPC - Reply
---------->PC - Reply I
------------>NPC - Reply
-------------->PC - Entry I (Already Listed.)
-------------->PC - Entry III (Already Listed.)

---->PC - Entry III
------->NPC - Reply
---------->PC - Reply

tk102
03-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Be careful with what you call an Entry and what you call a Reply, those terms have specific meanings. An Entry is spoken by the NPC and is selected based on the first true Condition. A Reply is spoken by the PC and its availability is based on its Condition but is ultimately selected by the player.

Just remember to build from the top. The (already listed) parts will only appear below the node that is...already listed. :)

It also helps to draw a little box diagram showing how things progress. Follow one branch all the way out until you become self-referential or you reach the end of the dialog. After that, go back up to the last branch point and follow it out. Eventually you'll work back to the branch points that are closest to the root, and hopefully most of them will be (already listed). :)

Root
└─Entry 1 (Hi, what do you want?)
├─Reply 1 (What is your name)
│ └─Entry 2 (I am tk102. Who are you?)
│ └─Reply 2 (I am <PLAYER>)
│ └─Entry 3 (Nice to meet you.)
│ ├─Reply 3 (What is your favorite equation?)
│ │ └─Entry 4 (Hmm, Euler's equation I suppose.)
│ │ └─Reply 4 (I prefer the Pythagorean theorem.)
│ │ └─Entry 5 (Yeah, that's more handy.)
│ │ ├─Reply 1 (What is your name (already listed))
│ │ └─Reply 6 (What is your mother's maiden name?)
│ │ └─Entry 6 (Ha, ha, I don't think so.)
│ │ └─Reply 6 (It was worth a try.)
│ │ └─Entry 7 (No more questions please. (End dialog))
│ └─Reply 6 (What is your mother's maiden name? (already listed))
├─Reply 3 (What is your favorite equation? (already listed)
└─Reply 6 (What is your mother's maiden name? (already listed))

The Source
03-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I altered the above.

tk102
03-07-2006, 06:43 PM
So did I.

The Source
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Just remember to build from the top. The (already listed) parts will only appear below the node that is...already listed.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is where I probally got into trouble. I build the dialogue trees top to bottom, but treated each tree seperatly. When I went back to loop the dialogue, I created more problems for myself.

Entry = NPC
Reply = PC/NPC

I must have conffused you. My apology.

├─Reply 3 (What is your favorite equation? (already listed)
└─Reply 6 (What is your mother's maiden name? (already listed))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what I was trying to get rid of. Next time I will use your logic.

Thank you for your help,
MacLeodCorp :)
Edit tk102: You're quite welcome. I'm sure others have had similar troubles trying to get a dialog to loop. Plus I was found a bug in my code thanks to this excercise.

tk102
03-08-2006, 12:50 PM
v2.2.7 released
Just a small bug fix.

- Fixed a bug where right-click "Break Link with Parent" would cause an ARRAY error.

ChAiNz.2da
03-09-2006, 09:58 AM
v2.2.7 released
Just a small bug fix.

- Fixed a bug where right-click "Break Link with Parent" would cause an ARRAY error.DUDE! I swear I was 2 seconds from PM'ing you about this.. you're a lifesaver and saved me a PM hehehe :xp:

NOW, any way to make it possible to cut-n-paste between 2 different .dlg files? ;) Guess I need to go searching for the requests area :devsmoke:

tk102
03-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Glad I could help out ChAiNz.2da. :) NOW, any way to make it possible to cut-n-paste between 2 different .dlg files?
That sounds like a minor request doesn't it... :doh:
I suppose you mean copying entire branches, not just nodes?

ChAiNz.2da
03-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Glad I could help out ChAiNz.2da. :)
That sounds like a minor request doesn't it... :doh:
I suppose you mean copying entire branches, not just nodes?
hermmm.. methinks I have opened the proverbial "can of worms" huh? hehehe ;)

uhmmm... yah, entire branches would be peachy.. * goes to hide under a rock and escape tk's wrath *

but Hey! No rush bro, I'll be done with my mod probably before you pull all of your hair out doing this request (if possible and you have the desire to). Just something for the "down the road" kinda thing :)

Darkkender
03-09-2006, 12:45 PM
but Hey! No rush bro, I'll be done with my mod probably before you pull all of your hair out doing this request (if possible and you have the desire to). Just something for the "down the road" kinda thing :)

LOL, you think you can finish your mod in the next 4 hours to a day Chainz.2da? As I'm pretty sure Tk will beat you to the punch. In fact I'll fish out a package of cookies for who ever is first. :p

ChAiNz.2da
03-09-2006, 12:54 PM
LOL, you think you can finish your mod in the next 4 hours to a day Chainz.2da? As I'm pretty sure Tk will beat you to the punch. In fact I'll fish out a package of cookies for who ever is first. :pOh wow! I thought it would take longer than that seeing as how anytime I mention copy-n-paste something gets thrown at me, hehehe... :lol:
But if tk was to get this done in 4 hours or a day I'd gladly send you both a box of cookies :xp:

As for me, not a chance... I'm having "problems" trying to get a custom cutscene to bend to my will :fist: damn it all.. sooooo close to being done, why oh why did I want to go that extra mile?! :headbump hehehe...

tk102
03-09-2006, 02:26 PM
As much as I like cookies, those "4 hours" that are required will have to come from a timepool that's a bit farther in the future than I think you're hoping for. :(

ChAiNz.2da
03-09-2006, 07:14 PM
As much as I like cookies, those "4 hours" that are required will have to come from a timepool that's a bit farther in the future than I think you're hoping for. :(
Not a problem man, like I said.. "down the road" ;)

hehehe.. funny enough though, the problem I was having I found the answer to.. (rather than having to start over *whew*)... so I'm all kewl & groovy :D

Thank you Search Function & one of Darth333's older posts :lol:

Edit tk102: Ah, yes in retrospect it is obvious that you were progressing down the same road as she -- I can see similarities in the use of the :headbump smiley.*

Edit by d3: Erm...what was that supposed to mean? Nevermind :xp:

Joris1
03-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi, I have a question:

If I want to make a Conditional to this script: void main()
{
// Grab the Parameter.
int nScriptNumber = GetScriptParameter( 1 );

// If Param = 7, then it's Mira. (Trying to make it consistent with the CNPC integers.)
if ( nScriptNumber == 7 ) {
AddMultiClass (CLASS_TYPE_JEDIMASTER, GetObjectByTag ("Mira") );
}
And so on

How must I type this in the Dialog editor?

I don't understand the thinks with P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 and String Param!

stoffe
03-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi, I have a question:

If I want to make a Conditional to this script:
(snip!)
int nScriptNumber = GetScriptParameter( 1 );
(snip)
I don't understand the thinks with P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 and String Param!

The numbers you can enter in the P1 -> P5 fields, and the text you an enter in the String Param field, for each script on a dialog node are values that are passed to the script. These values are then read in the script by calling a function. For reading the P# field values, the GetScriptParameter() function is used in the script, where the number between the () is the same number as the number of the P field.

For example, you get the value entered in the P1 field by calling GetScriptParameter(1) in a script.

The value of the String Param field is read using the GetScriptStringParameter() function.

So, if you check the code for a script you'll see what parameters that script makes use of, and what they are used for. In your script above, the value of the P1 field is used to determine which party member you wish to multiclass. If you set P1 to 7 when calling the script it will multiclass Mira.

Joris1
03-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Thank you!

Is this right with the brackets if I write GetScriptParamater() in Script Param? Or withourt the brackets?

Joris1
03-21-2006, 12:19 PM
I found it out!

Another question: Is it possible to cope a node from one dialog and paste it in an other dialog? I mean that I copy a node from mira.dlg and paste this in visas.dlg.

Darkkender
03-21-2006, 12:39 PM
I found it out!

Another question: Is it possible to cope a node from one dialog and paste it in an other dialog? I mean that I copy a node from mira.dlg and paste this in visas.dlg.

Yes it is. The only problem would be derived from any dialogue branches that may be linked with it. However that is still relativeley easy to cleanup.

Darth333
03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes it is.
:confused: Are we using the same DLGeditor????

Copying from one dlg to another is not possible with dlgeditor.

Darkkender
03-21-2006, 01:13 PM
:confused: Are we using the same DLGeditor????

Copying from one dlg to another is not possible with dlgeditor.

It's always worked for me to copy/paste to and from the clipboard. At least for this dlgeditor. That's how I did alot of the merging for dialogues for the Holowan Plugin. I would have two instances of dlgeditor running at the same time copy a node from one and paste into the other. Now there have been issues in the past of parent and child nodes and orphans. But unless I misread some of TK's most recent fixes I believe those have been fixed.

Now KT dlgeditor has always given me issues with copying and pasting dlg nodes.

Joris1
03-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Really? But than I than there must be 2 dialogeditor open? Sorry for this expression!

tk102
03-21-2006, 11:05 PM
DLGEditor does not use the Windows clipboard like K-GFF does. However, as long as you stay in the same DLGEditor application, you can do a Copy Node and then Open a different .dlg file and do a Paste As New. The side effect of this however, is that the references to the child nodes will probably not make sense in a differerent dialog file.

You can also highlight and copy the text of a particular node -- this operation does use the windows clipboard -- and paste it into an existing node of a different DLGEditor application.

I hope that makes sense... I'm a bit sleepy.

Joris1
03-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Hmm, It doesn't work as you told me!

jinger
05-05-2006, 02:16 PM
…Of course, if you mean that DLGEditor has a bug with animations, it wouldn't surprise me either. :xp: If you can find a way to replicate the bug and describe it to me, that would be helpful. Feel free to post any findings you have in this thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=135639) :)happy to help! :) there are some animations DLGEditor is allergic to, you put them in the animation list, click on another node (and save), and when you're back on it the animation ain't there anymore, just a blank label with the actor's tag in brackets (that's not it, the animation actually won't work in-game). there sure is one i can think of, 1415_CROUCH-LONG (you know the bow the sith give you before Trayus Accademy), but there are others i think. i used this to mod the training dialog lines to make Atton and the others bow before you if you're dark (or meditate if you're light).

tk102
05-11-2006, 02:47 PM
DLGEditor v2.2.8 released

v2.2.8
- Fixed bug where View Orphan + View Conditional caused Can't call method "get_field_ix_by_label" on unblessed reference (thanks Dashus)
- changed keystroke bindings: Ctrl-End and Ctrl-Delete now bound to treeview
- changed keystroke bindings: F2, F3, F4, F5, F11, F12, Ctrl-Shift-Z now bound to main window
- Fixed keystroke binding for Ctrl-Z (wasn't working)
- Fixed bug associated with TSL animations whose descriptions had '-' characters in them (thanks jinger)

jinger
05-23-2006, 10:52 AM
mmm, couldn't that evil check on the animations get spaced? :) i just bumped into some animations that DLGEditor don't seem to recognize and it just deletes them from the animation list. i was editing Uthar's dialog in Naga Shadow's tomb (korr_m39aakor39/utharwynn.dlg) and the "poisoned" animation got deleted on me, with KGFF i can say it's 10001 but i think there are others, like in the jedi training dialog on Dantooine when you meditate with things floating all around you (of course i'm talking about the animation for the pc, not the one for the floating book) or the handshake with Zhar when you become an apprentice.

tk102
05-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi jinger,
I took a look at that dialog with both KGFF and DLGEditor and couldn't find the "poisoned" animation to which you're referring. Do you know which node is supposed to be animated? (It seems that it should be Entry 89.) The only animations I find on that dialog branch are on Entry 69 (BOW, 10035) and on Entry 91 & 92 (TALK FORCEFUL, 10040).

Where are you getting the number 10001? It's true that DLGEditor does not have animation 10001 defined in it.

Edit: Oh I found it --- Entry 35. Okay, I'll add 10001 to the list. If you find specific animations that are omitted, I'll add them to the list. During my original animation search, I must have neglected to search deeper than 1 animation per dialog node...

jinger
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM
i guess if you think that check is needed there is a reason, still it would be cool if any unknown animation wouldn'd be deleted from the animation list and show up as "not in list" or something like that, also it would be nice to have a box where you can put the number for any unknown animation one may find, it would also be quicker than scrolling a long list for animations you already know the code for.

tk102
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
I hear what you're saying. Unforunately, in my bad coding practice, I made the DLGEditor more wysiwyg than it should've been. The master data gets displayed and then the contents of the user controls gets checked to see if they match the original data, if not, then it's assumed the user changed the data and (if Auto-Apply is active) the changed are applied. I think I can work around that issue, however.

I considered having the text box for the animation code, but I chose a dropdown list with drag/drop was more user friendly. I'm trying to imagine how to keep the best of both while remaining an intuitive interface for users. The fact that you can have more than one animation per node makes it more difficult to design around and there isn't a lot of "real estate" available to work with in DLGEditor as-is. At this point in the life-cycle of the program, I'd rather just add all known animations to the description list to get them handled normally, and provide UNKNOWN-10001 or whatever for unhandled animations. GFF editors can be used for forcing values.

Thanks for the feedback! :D

tk102
05-23-2006, 01:14 PM
DLGEditor v2.2.9 released

- Added ability to handle unknown animations. These will appear prefixed with "???_" followed by their animation number.

Princess Artemis
06-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Obligatory fawning: I love your DLGEditor to bits, and have made quite a few dialogs and cut scenes with it.

I do have a question though: I've never been able to get animations to work. Is there a way of finding out which animations specifically will work on the participants, or is there some specific thing I have to do first to get them to work, something in the root node?

Pavlos
07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
On the topic of animations...

Edit: Snipped stuff about animation numbers, it isn't anything to do with bugs... just me not looking closely enough to see that unique models are used for the cutscenes.

Also, a feature request: The ability to type in the animation number rather than scroll through the list. Sometimes, when you know the value, you just want to enter it; rather than scroll through hundreds of animations :).

Edit tk102: That's a good idea. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place.

wrongo
08-02-2006, 05:09 AM
I would like to use DLGEditor v2.2.9, but when I started the program, nothing happened. I didn't see any error messages. I unzipped the archive, and copied the dialog.tlk to this directory. What I have to do to? (I didn't installed the KoTOR and/or KotOR2, I only want to edit the dialogues)

Please, somebody help me!

oldflash
08-02-2006, 05:39 AM
From what I remember this great tool was suppose to be used for editing kotor and kotor2 (TSL) dialog files and I think is require some 2da files and dialog.tlk from kotor2 or kotor folder/subfolder. However, I don't see how to use this tool if you don't have kotor2 or kotor installed.

wrongo
08-02-2006, 06:18 AM
The KotOR2 is installed to my home computer, but I want to use DLGEditor v2.2.9 on an other PC.
I just only edit the dialog.tlk's text, but it's important to see the dialog tree. I have an dialog-tree-viewer program, but it can only for viewing, not editing.

oldflash
08-02-2006, 07:00 AM
The KotOR2 is installed to my home computer, but I want to use DLGEditor v2.2.9 on an other PC.
I just only edit the dialog.tlk's text, but it's important to see the dialog tree. I have an dialog-tree-viewer program, but it can only for viewing, not editing.
I don't know if you can edit dialog.tlk with this. Have you tried TalkEd v1.0b (tlk editor) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152546)?
From What I know I think dialogEditor is for .dlg files.

wrongo
08-02-2006, 07:48 AM
I have the TalkEd, KotorTLK, and a NWN .tlk editor, which are all works good. As I know the .dlg files refering the strings of dialog.tlk. That's why will be good the DLGEditor. But it seems to me it's not working without the installed games.

Darth333
08-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Here is something you can try to get dlgeditor working without the games installed:

DLGEditor creates an dlgeditor.ini in your %SYSTEMROOT% directory (C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINNT typically) that stores settings including the location of the dialog.tlk file for KotOR and TSL.

Open up notepad and paste the following (replacing yourpathnamehere with wherever you've put your dialog.tlk files)

[Settings]
KotOR TLK Location=C:\yourpathnamehere
TSL TLK Location=C:\yourpathnamehere
Save this in your C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINNT folder as dlgeditor.ini and try launching DLGEditor again. Make sure notepad doesn't accidently name the file dlgeditor.ini.txt!

tk102
09-05-2006, 07:37 PM
v2.3.0
- Fixed bug where undoing an add of a reply to a reply or an entry to an
entry would not undo the creation of the implied entry or reply. Thanks to Dashus for this.
- Fixed bug where Edit: Delete All Orphans was not enabled right after a File: Open command (again, thanks Dashus)
- Animations can now be added without having to select from the list. They can be typed by number by right-clicking the Animation List and using the context menu. (For Pavlos)

Emperor Devon
09-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Yay! A new version! :)

Pavlos
09-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Animations can now be added without having to select from the list. They can be typed by number by right-clicking the Animation List and using the context menu. (For Pavlos)

Merci beaucoup :).

Char Ell
09-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Apologies in advance for being such a noob at this.

How do I use DLGEditor 2.30 to change words in a dialog entry? I want to change reply 144 and reply 145 in baodur.dlg to use the word Sentinel instead of Guardian. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I can do that in DLGEditor itself.

I downloaded DLGEdit from pcgamemods but it crashes as soon I try to go to the replies list. I'm thinking maybe DLGEdit doesn't work with TSL .dlg files?

I can make the changes I need in KT but when I save the file it creates a bunch of orphaned entries.

stoffe
09-13-2006, 06:53 AM
How do I use DLGEditor 2.30 to change words in a dialog entry?
I downloaded DLGEdit from pcgamemods but it crashes as soon I try to go to the replies list. I'm thinking maybe DLGEdit doesn't work with TSL .dlg files? I can make the changes I need in KT but when I save the file it creates a bunch of orphaned entries.

Never edit standard TSL DLG files with KotorTool, it will mutilate them by stripping out 75% of the data fields on all Entries and Replies that were added to the format for TSL. All script parameters will be lost, along with secondary Conditional and Action scripts, among other things. You will notice that the file size of the DLG file drops significantly if you re-save it in KT. KotorTool's dialog editor only works with KotOR1 DLG files.

As for the DLG Editor, it works to edit TSL dialogs with. To modify the text of a standard game reply, click the node in the treeview to load it into the lower panel. Then copy the existing text in the textbox, change the StrRef field above it to -1, paste the text back into the box and make your change. This makes it use an ExoLocString in the DLG file to store your modified text instead of fetching it from the dialog.tlk file like it does with standard game text.

(Keep in mind that the side effect of this is that your modified reply will not show up properly in non-English language versions of the game. You can add text for all the locales to the ExoLocString if you want, but unless you happen to know all those languages or have a dialog.tlk from each to copy/paste from that reply would be in english all of a sudden in the dialog. Though most people don't seem to bother with localizing their mods and are satisfied with making them work with the game with the English language setting.)

Darth333
09-13-2006, 10:22 AM
I downloaded DLGEdit from pcgamemods but it crashes as soon I try to go to the replies list. I'm thinking maybe DLGEdit doesn't work with TSL .dlg files?

This utility was the "ancestor" of DLGeditor so no, it doesn't work with TSL files. It lacks a bunch of useful features too. The latest versions of tk102's tools can only be found at swk.com. For the rest, Stoffe said it all :)

roguewarrior
02-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm having the same problem that Wrongo had. I am editing on a computer that doesn't have either game installed. When I start DLGEditor nothing happens. My working cursor comes up for about 2 seconds and stops. No screens or pop-ups or anything. I checked my computer for dlgeditor.ini file and found it nowhere. Is there anything I can do to get this to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work by creating the dlgeditor.ini file from scratch using the instructions from Darth333 above. Thanks a lot!!

Vox Kalam
04-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Anyone know how to make a certain entry fade to black at the end?

tk102
04-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Anyone know how to make a certain entry fade to black at the end?
You'll need to attach a script to the branch using the SetGlobalFadeOut function. If you're planning on resuming the conversation, the following might work:
void main() {
ActionPauseConversation();
SetGlobalFadeOut(1.0, 3.0);
DelayCommand(4.0,SetGlobalFadeIn(2.0,2.0));
DelayCommand(8.0,ActionResumeConversation());
}
You can play with numbers in that script to get the timing to your liking.

Lord Revan63
08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
sup minion lol jking...........ok im new to the mod stuff and dialoge items but haveem downloaded....but i have 3 files all made by differ editors and 1 is bastila and revan kissing(visable) and 2 is bastila says she'll b ur lover if u go to the darkside, will those b deleted together cuz i wanted a perfect romance thing with my pc and bastila

and the 3rd is bastila darkside reskin will that also conflict with the game or no

tk102
08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
sup minion lol jking...........ok im new to the mod stuff and dialoge items but haveem downloaded....but i have 3 files all made by differ editors and 1 is bastila and revan kissing(visable) and 2 is bastila says she'll b ur lover if u go to the darkside, will those b deleted together cuz i wanted a perfect romance thing with my pc and bastila

and the 3rd is bastila darkside reskin will that also conflict with the game or no
I can't understand your questions. Could your ask them again and make mention of what problems you are having with DLGEditor? :) Please also check the dlgeditor_readme.txt and also this recent DLGEditor tutorial thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2351132#post2351132) written by Pavlos.

Lord Revan63
08-02-2007, 04:51 PM
ok my question is how do i use the dialoge editor to make my mods go together without deleting themselves in conflict

tk102
08-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Ah ok. You'll have become fairly versed with how dialog trees work particularly the ones you're trying to merge. Then you'll need to decide how you imagine the new dialog tree to branch. At the node you want to branch from, you'll place a conditional script. Please consult the sources I mentioned for more details. :)

Lord Revan63
08-02-2007, 05:18 PM
ok kool thanx

Kryptex
08-17-2007, 03:33 AM
Do you require anything special to run the dialog editor? Because I've been trying all day to get it up and running, but to no avail.

Ulic and Cay
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Does anyone have a list of the integers that the "FadeType" function supports and what those integers do?
While I'm asking questions... I don't suppose anyone knows what the "WaitFlags" field is for...

Tupac Amaru
08-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Does anyone have a list of the integers that the "FadeType" function supports and what those integers do?
While I'm asking questions... I don't suppose anyone knows what the "WaitFlags" field is for...FadeType:
3: make a fade in
4: make a fade out

By itself this isn't useful since the fade won't last long. You also need the fields FadeLength, FadeDelay and FadeColor fields. FadeColor is optional. If it isn't present then the game will do the standard black fade out/fade in. You can't add these fields with DLGEditor, so you'll have to do that with KGff. FadeLength and FadeDelay are of type FLOAT, FadeColor is a VECTOR.

WaitFlags:
1 - Delay node until animated camera is finished.
4 - Wait for DLG animation to finish (should not be done with a looping animation :D )

I don't know if other values for these fields do something.

Ulic and Cay
08-21-2007, 04:22 AM
I see, I've always just scripted fades, KT is more user friendly than KGff. Also, I've seen WaitFlags set to 8 and 10 before, any idea what those values are doing?

Tupac Amaru
08-21-2007, 04:32 AM
I see, I've always just scripted fades, KT is more user friendly than KGff. Also, I've seen WaitFlags set to 8 and 10 before, any idea what those values are doing?No idea. Do you remember in which files those values were used?

Ulic and Cay
08-21-2007, 05:30 AM
I came across those values in attwarn.dlg in 306NAR_dlg.erf

Darth Balor
08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
lol I wander why... I 've used those values to simulate a few hours or so. Like in K1 with the slaves at Davik's Estate the fading is handled with wait and fade flags. Wait flags can be used if you want the dlg line to wait before going on to the next one.

Tupac Amaru
08-21-2007, 12:43 PM
I came across those values in attwarn.dlg in 306NAR_dlg.erfI don't think WaitFlags 8 or 10 do anything in that cutscene. The game goes thorugh the nodes without a noticable delay. After removing the WaitFlags the cutscene played the same as before.

Darth Balor
08-21-2007, 01:26 PM
ok I'm having truoble getting dustil.dlg to play the new voicovers. I followed the tut by tk102 but i'm still stuck.

Ulic and Cay
08-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't think WaitFlags 8 or 10 do anything in that cutscene. The game goes thorugh the nodes without a noticable delay. After removing the WaitFlags the cutscene played the same as before.
I didn't notice a change either but well they were there... I thought someone must have put them there for a reason. Silly me...

Ulic and Cay
08-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Actually having 8 as a waitflag will do something. I changed the delay from 4 to -1 but left 8 as the waitflag and it just skipped the scene. I didn't investigate further so I'm not sure if having anything in the waitflag field with -1 in the delay field will always produce this or if 8 actually corresponds to a function. Just thought I'd mention it.

Tupac Amaru
08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Actually having 8 as a waitflag will do something. I changed the delay from 4 to -1 but left 8 as the waitflag and it just skipped the scene. I didn't investigate further so I'm not sure if having anything in the waitflag field with -1 in the delay field will always produce this or if 8 actually corresponds to a function. Just thought I'd mention it.That didn't change anything in my game. I don't think OE have ever used a delay of -1 in a node that also had WaitFlags. Most of the time it was 0. If -1 can cause problems that would explain it. :)

Ulic and Cay
08-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh right... My mistake. :-)

Revan46
03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah so I have no clue how to operate the editor? I look for the dialog.tlk and its there, but when i try to open it through the editor it doesnt show up...It does show in the lower left pane, but I dont know how to open it so as to edit dialogue and such.

JCarter426
04-27-2008, 04:50 AM
Never had any problems with the editor before, but today I open it up and get this error message:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/JCarter426/Misc/error.jpg

Help? Please?

tk102
04-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Can you try running as administrator?

JCarter426
04-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Have to, with Vista. ;) Still the same error message. Also tried redownloading.

And as far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with the file in question.

tk102
04-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Go to that AppData\Local\Temp folder and delete any folders that start with "pdk-"

That will force any Perl application to unpack itself over again. Maybe the previously unpacked .dll got corrupted.

JCarter426
04-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Ah, that did it. Thanks! :D

Gavroche
04-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Yep! I've almost got the same error message (with Windows XP though, and I am running as administrator), and I tried to delete any "pdk-" folder from C:\, but everytime I execute DLGEditor, new ones appear and the program keeps failing... Any ideas to get rid of that bug?
Thanks in advance.

tk102
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
I've uploaded v2.3.2 to my website
http://mods.starwarsknights.com/tk102

See if it helps you at all. I changed the order of some declarations to prevent crashes in some (rare) cases and it's been recompiled w/ PerlApp 7.2.

Ferc Kast
04-30-2008, 05:31 PM
I've uploaded v2.3.2 to my website
http://mods.starwarsknights.com/tk102

See if it helps you at all. I changed the order of some declarations to prevent crashes in some (rare) cases and it's been recompiled w/ PerlApp 7.2.

Yea; It actually opened for me. *huggles tk102, then gives tk a full plate of his delicious brownies* Now, I can actually do dialog files (hopefully) without crashing. I'll have to fix my Hanharr into Jedi mod, then.

I can't thank you enough for this version.

tk102
04-30-2008, 05:40 PM
That's great Ferc Kast, I know DLGEditor has been uncooperative for you for a long time. :)

Gavroche
05-01-2008, 01:27 PM
The new version did the trick :] Thanks a lot tk.

tk102
05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
:cowdance

zayne
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi everybody i got a little trouble with my first mod, i post the problem in here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193831), but nobody has ansewer it.

I'm creating various soldier npc and they're supposed to say just an entry but only one of them is working properly. The other five just show a blank line with no text in it. I don't know what i'm doing wrong cause i used the same procces to create the six dlg files so i can't explain what is happening. Why only one of my npc is displaying the dialogues and the others don't?

I'm using the same template for the six npc's but with different appearance for each one, of curse saving them with different utc names. The only doubt i have is if i have to change the field tag for each new npc, or can i use the same tag for all the six.

TriggerGod
11-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi everybody i got a little trouble with my first mod, i post the problem in here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193831), but nobody has ansewer it.

I'm creating various soldier npc and they're supposed to say just an entry but only one of them is working properly. The other five just show a blank line with no text in it. I don't know what i'm doing wrong cause i used the same procces to create the six dlg files so i can't explain what is happening. Why only one of my npc is displaying the dialogues and the others don't?

I'm using the same template for the six npc's but with different appearance for each one, of curse saving them with different utc names. The only doubt i have is if i have to change the field tag for each new npc, or can i use the same tag for all the six.

If I understand your problem correctly, then there should be a field in the DLGEditor that lets you put the Speaker's name (or rather, the tag/resref of his utc file). See if that works.

zayne
11-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Right before i destroy my monitor i've discover what was wrong. The problem was that my game is an international version so my dialogue must be saved in the language of the game, in my case spanish. It was a dumb problem but i spend all last night trying to figuered out.

Thanks for the reply Trigger, and sorry about my english but it's not my natal language.

Kurai Neko
04-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Hi guys.

Recently I install TSL RCM and some restore mod's to clear KotorTSL.

But I have small problem. Some dialogues should be translate in dlg files as i understand. Not only in dialog.tlk.

But DLG editor does not support russian language. And it's not possible to translate all game with RCM.

Could someone help Ru community and rebuild tool with Ru lang support.

Please))

Sorry for my bad english)

Kurai Neko
04-17-2010, 06:46 AM
I try to modify src.
And take a problem with compilation modified file.
Where i can download some perl modules to compilate Ru version of tool?
Especially
Bioware::GFF 0.65
Bioware::TLK 0.02

Laochra
07-09-2010, 05:40 AM
how do i connect the dialogue with my module files? ive named the them same thing as the npcs and but the speaker name as the npc's name aswell. wat am i doing wrong?

harark1
01-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Hey i need some help using this.
Couple of questions.

1. How do I put a script in to fire when a certian dialog node is used?

2. How do I put a voice over into my dialog? (You know so you have an actual voice speaking)

3. How can I use the animations in the editor?

Well that is it thanks.

Qui-Gon Glenn
01-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey Harark!

1. Script insertion is easy! There are literally available fields on any node of dialog that are labeled for scripting, ie: Script that fires when conversation ends, script that fires if conversation aborts - these two are on the root node of your convo. After that each node has a Script that determines availability and a Script that fires when spoken field.

Into these fields, if you have made your nwscript, you would enter the name of your script minus the suffix ( no .ncs ) and that should be about it. Then test your dialog and scripts :)

2. This is more complicated, essentially you need to record the VO in the correct format, and then follow a very specific naming convention. You will then need to extract .lip files and apply some lipsync to your speakers. There is a tut made just for this question... I suggest you search for it :p

3. The basic animations of speaking, or combat animations? For stuff like laughing while speaking, shaking your fist, gesturing... that is all done with the DLGEditor. In the lower section of the editor, slightly on the right-hand side, are two boxes, labeled Current Animations (should be empty) and Available Animations. Drag from one box into the other, and that should be about it.

If you want more complex animations, you will need to script an in-game action sequence... you can see something along these lines explained in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165243).

Hope this points you in the right directions!

harark1
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey Harark!

1. Script insertion is easy! There are literally available fields on any node of dialog that are labeled for scripting, ie: Script that fires when conversation ends, script that fires if conversation aborts - these two are on the root node of your convo. After that each node has a Script that determines availability and a Script that fires when spoken field.

Into these fields, if you have made your nwscript, you would enter the name of your script minus the suffix ( no .ncs ) and that should be about it. Then test your dialog and scripts :)

Um still confused. Where is the a script that fires when spoken field? What do you mean by script that "determines availbility"?

harark1
01-05-2011, 08:04 PM
uh just ignore my last post I had been forgeting to compile my scripts. Hey i'm new to this, it happens right?

Qui-Gon Glenn
01-05-2011, 08:11 PM
^^ I feel like the chick in the Progressive insurance commercials....

"It happens all the time!!!" :lol:

Yeah, veterans do it too.... :carms:

harark1
04-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey another question, how do you link one dialouge branch to another so you do not have to retype it all over again?

room101
09-05-2014, 07:31 PM
hi, sorry to barge in, I just want to take the opportunity to thank tk102 for the awesome dialogue editor, I'm using it in a related fan project (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2854013#post2854013)
thank you very much!