PDA

View Full Version : When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?

CapNColostomy
09-13-2004, 08:41 PM
I read about this a couple days ago in Time Magazine, and I can't friggin' wait. http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1401301347.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"Time Magazine: You have a book coming out in the fall called When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops? What does that mean?

George Carlin: I just like it because it offends all three big religions-the Muslims, the Jews and the Christians. Plus the vegetarians. It's a four-shot."

I read the last two of his books (Brain Droppings, Napalm & Silly Putty), and if this one's half as good as those, it'll kick much ass.

ZBomber
09-13-2004, 08:43 PM
....What is it about? :p

CapNColostomy
09-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
....What is it about? :p

If it's like the last two, it's just hillarious vulgar rants about...pretty much everything.

Chewbacco
09-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Sounds like hes a humorist...

Duh!

Man that is cool, unlikely things we would like to know about. I like that.:D

Kain
09-13-2004, 08:45 PM
That guy is HILARIOUS.

ZBomber
09-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
If it's like the last two, it's just hillarious vulgar rants about...pretty much everything.

Wow, if he already upset so many people with just the COVER, I can't wait to see the effect of the actual book. ^_^

El Sitherino
09-13-2004, 09:03 PM
YES!. I have all of his books so far. George Carlin is my favourite.

ET Warrior
09-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
YES!. I like to pretend I'm British by spelling words like favorite as favourite

:xp:

El Sitherino
09-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
:xp: oh go touch yourself again.

Darth Groovy
09-13-2004, 10:14 PM
«mp3» George Carlin - Usage of the Word ****.mp3 «N/A»

Tyrion
09-13-2004, 10:22 PM
oh let's go touch ourselves again.

:D

--ZeeMan--
09-13-2004, 10:38 PM
lol....creative editing there tyrion...

El Sitherino
09-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
oh let's go touch ourselves again.

:D well... it does sound like something I'd say. Anyway, I can't wait for this book.

Astrotoy7
09-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
.... it's just hillarious vulgar rants about...pretty much everything.

sounds like you Cap :p :D

Sithy, how'd we go from book talk to discussing ET masturbating :( :p

mtfbwya

Sivy
09-14-2004, 01:22 AM
RUFUS!

El Sitherino
09-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Sithy, how'd we go from book talk to discussing ET masturbating
I dunno, it just happens some times.

Originally posted by Siv
RUFUS!
eheheheehehehe.

I want this book so bad ;_;

Zappa_0
09-14-2004, 05:58 AM
George Carlin: I just like it because it offends all three big religions-the Muslims, the Jews and the Christians. Plus the vegetarians. It's a four-shot."

Yea that sounds like something he would say!

Astrotoy7
09-14-2004, 06:33 AM

George's book will most likely do well. As long as he doesnt go for a promotional tour to Iran or Saudi Arabia(where he'll probably have a price put on head), he'll be fine :D

mtfbwya

Sam Fisher
09-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Great! Another controversial book :D

Alegis
09-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Damn, i GOT to read this one!

acdcfanbill
09-14-2004, 10:27 AM
i think we can all agree that carlin, is THE man! :)

Pie™
09-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Meh, Jesus will never bring the damn chops, but I bet Satan will bring us all a fresh salad :)

Curt-Man
09-14-2004, 04:41 PM
anyone who is idiotic enough to make a book purposly bashing the three biggest religions is a plain idiot.

ZBomber
09-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Pie™
Meh, Jesus will never bring the damn chops, but I bet Satan will bring us all a fresh salad :)

You're weird. :p

Curt - Getting a little upset there? ;)

IG-64
09-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Why do I always seem to be on the bad end of the stick :o

If any of you dare turn this into something sexual, I will cut you

Curt-Man
09-14-2004, 05:11 PM
no, not upset, just bewildered that someone would be dumb enough to do that, those three religions are all over this fricken world, he's dead anywhere :p

Troopr-Undr-Fir
09-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Curt-Man
no, not upset, just bewildered that someone would be dumb enough to do that, those three religions are all over this fricken world, he's dead anywhere :p

:rofl:

I want pork chops :(

ZBomber
09-14-2004, 05:23 PM

I'm Christian, but I still find this extremely humilating and degrading. It's awesome. :D

IG-64
09-14-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm Christian, but I don't find this funny because I don't like offensive humor no matter who it's degrading.

ZBomber
09-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
I'm Christian, but I don't find this funny because I don't like offensive humor no matter who it's degrading.

Your dog is teh ghey!

Is it funny now? :D

Curt-Man
09-14-2004, 06:02 PM
race degrading is funny(sometimes), but going after someone's religon, is just wrong, anywho this is as far as it goes for me, i do not wish to get in an arguement.

Mike Windu
09-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
Why do I always seem to be on the end of the stick :o

If any of you dare turn this into something sexual, I will cut you

CUT ME!

So, um.. is Carlin some kind of literary Michael Moore? Sounds good to me :)

IG-64
09-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Your dog is teh ghey!

Is it funny now? :D

No, not really >_>

*cuts Mike*

CapNColostomy
09-14-2004, 08:15 PM
anyone who is idiotic enough to make a book purposly bashing the three biggest religions is a plain idiot.

Man, it's friggin' comedy. The real idiots are the people who are going to get themselves in a tissy over jokes. Also, it's not as though that is what the book is about. It will probably not even be mentioned in the book, except maybe to say why it's the title. Although I'm sure something will be said about religion, and maybe even extensive writing about religion will be in it, the book itself is not about Jesus, or pork chops. Maybe before you assume he's an idiot, you should research a little to find out what you're talking about.

Well, he's been at this comedy thing for quite a while, and has joked about all sorts of taboo subjects, gotten himself filthy rich doing it, and lived to be a ripe old age without getting himself killed yet, sooo...yeah, I doubt he's worried.

race degrading is funny(sometimes), but going after someone's religon, is just wrong, anywho this is as far as it goes for me, i do not wish to get in an arguement.

Lemme see if I got this straight. It's okay to make fun of someones race, something they have no way of choosing or changing. But making fun of their religion, something that can be changed in the blink of an eye, something that can be changed quicker and easier than socks, is strictly off limits and wrong? I'm sorry, but you my friend, have a backward-assed view of right and wrong.

Originally posted by Mike Windu
CUT ME!

So, um.. is Carlin some kind of literary Michael Moore? Sounds good to me :)

No, Michael Moore likes to try and champion a cause in an effort to possibly bring about some sort of change, or make people think about whatever. George Carlin has always stated that he is against any sort of rooting for one side or the other, and has even tried to have a detached view of the rest of the human race. He doesn't care enough to try and be like Michael Moore. He's also not as fat or cheesey.

Mike Windu
09-14-2004, 08:21 PM
And Buddhism is a pretty damn big religion.

>.>

<.<

Not to be nitpicky, or anything.

BongoBob
09-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
«mp3» George Carlin - Usage of the Word ****.mp3 «N/A»

Kicks...very...much...ASS!

:D

I want this book.