PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope is improved from Knghts 1

Naphtali
09-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Personally, the whole overall story of knights i want improved, it seemed that the star forge was more secondary, and it seemed more like something out of star trek. I wanted to askall of you do you believe this game will be more like one of the movies which one

FiEND_138
09-16-2004, 03:52 PM
The Dark Side. No more of the dark alley thug mugging old ladies for cash. My biggest disappointment in K1.

& from what I've read, I think it will most resemble ESB. Just from whatshisnames, the writers said about not having the good guys win everything all the time, about leaning towards a darker vein, & going for more of an ESB feel for the story. Damn I can't wait.. :mad:

RedHawke
09-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
The Dark Side. No more of the dark alley thug mugging old ladies for cash. My biggest disappointment in K1.

I hope this is different in TSL as well.

I can't wait either :D... Here's to 2 months of spoiler avoidance. :(

*Curses the Xbox* :fist:

Achilles
09-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Better DS play.

I'd like my DS dialog choices to be more sinister. Yeah, I felt like crap when I stole the Wraid Plate from Sharina but it would have been much more DS to convince her to enslave herself to a Hutt to earn the money...or something like that.

It seemed like 99% of the DS options were just mean, not really evil. Know what I mean?

RedHawke
09-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Better DS play.

I'd like my DS dialog choices to be more sinister. Yeah, I felt like crap when I stole the Wraid Plate from Sharina but it would have been much more DS to convince her to enslave herself to a Hutt to earn the money...or something like that.

I agree. Much more creative ways of doing DS things would be nice, the Sharina enslaving herself to a Hutt is a nice touch Achillies :D.

It seemed like 99% of the DS options were just mean, not really evil. Know what I mean?

Exactly, that was my whole problem with the DS in KOTOR, it just didn't feel right. Oh well, we can hope it will be better done in KOTOR:TSL can we. :D

DarthBuzzard
09-16-2004, 06:22 PM
^^^^ Exactly. Like making the Sith Hopeful outside of Korriban academy attack the guard, not really evil, but mean. Also, interrogating the mandalorian in the academy. If it's a SITH ACADEMY wouldn't that thing have both execution and torture commands...? Just filling him full of drugs to make him spill wasn't that evil, just sorta mean. (Also, the Republic drugs the sith prisoner full of stuff on Manann to help you with the "interrogation :rolleyes:)

Only thing thats truly evil SPOILERS!!!

KIlling Jolee and Juhani on the Sith temple (they were good friends and traveling companions...especially jolee :D).

If any one else thinks of anything evil (except Malak giving the order to turn Taris into dust, thats a big evil!) by all means post it here, id like to see what you think.

Also, better inventory and more items, heads, npc heads, dialouge, characters, yeah. Also, flowing capes (which they are doing!! YES! :D )

FiEND_138
09-16-2004, 10:35 PM
^^
Having ZalbarLayeth the death on Mission by way of mindtrick was pretty nasty. O & telling Tanis<?> you were going to sip ice water while he broiled in the twin suns was pretty cruel as wellHmmm.. thats all I got. The rest was just the 'give me your credits!!' foolishness.

I'd also like to see improved ranged weapons, better enemy/party AI, bigger worlds, swoop upgrades, a tougher game (on difficult it was a breeze).

Originally posted by RedHawke
*Curses the Xbox*

Joins in on the cursing
:swear: :hang1::fist:

Mike Frank
09-17-2004, 03:46 AM
I think they need to make more skins for the NPCs. They also need to make place like the city more alive.

I thought the Darkside choices were still pretty evil. Like you could make choices that were pretty much plain old selfish like. It would be sort of dumb to take away the mean Darkside choices because those were half of the game's humour, and the other half was hitting on Bastila. :)

Oh, and about the X-box. I think I will play Kotor2 in December while sipping a glass of icewater!

:eyemouth:

Com Raven
09-17-2004, 03:54 AM
Framerate!!!!

I want a silky-smoth one this time around :)

jedi3112
09-17-2004, 04:51 AM
There was one evil line I really liked, and that was the sipping icewater line with that droidsurrounded man on Tatooine. Though I'm not sure if it was female only, haven't tested it with my male the first time through (but I don't think it should make any defference), I was going light after all. Right now I'm just experimenting options. Though I would like the option to actually do so, now he just started to jump around. And the Force Choke on that man in the cantina was worth it, I just can't resist there, but he survived, so I don't really consider it evil and I want some really dark options.

Crowy
09-17-2004, 05:28 AM
i hope they make t3-m4 a bit betterer. NO USELESS CHARACTERS!!

and i hope they focus a little more on you as a main character, instead of this bastila is more important then you!

more character creation options, when i was a soldier, i rathered run around in my underwears then the uniform at the start!

the side quests seemd to have no depth and there just wasnt enough of the blasted things...

but at the same time if they changed bugger all, i could play it for not even hours, weeks on end!

stingerhs
09-17-2004, 05:51 AM
hmm, if i had it my way, darkside options would be to:
1. blow up a crowded cantina or

2. gas a room full of children or

3. force lightning a room full of captives (that you were supposed to rescue) or

4. gull a woman (or man) into thinking that you liked them so that you can get your mission accomplished (and then break the bad news to them, then just kill them outright :dev7: ) or

5. order an army to slaughter a city of innocents or

6. slaughter a city of innocents yourself (extra XP!!!) or

7. force choke someone off a cliff (a la JA :dev7: ) or

8. force choke a city leader into letting you control it or

9. come up with better ideas yourself...

ain't being evil grand???? :vamp1:

Hermie
09-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Perhaps not waiting three patches until finally getting a bug-free version?

FiEND_138
09-18-2004, 02:38 PM
^^^ Werd. Best idea I've seen yet besides framerates.

RedHawke
09-18-2004, 08:04 PM
^^^^
I agree with FiEND who is agreeing with Herminator. Silky smooth framerates, and no bugs is a very good thing. :D

jedi3112
09-20-2004, 01:35 AM
Wich version is the bugged one, because my PC version did it perfectly, apart from any of the usual bug my damn PC has. The only problem I encountered was that it didn't really overwrite my old saves, well it did do so in the save/load screen, but I didn't get the MBs back, so I had to defrag my drive every few weeks, but that migt just be a lack of storage space. Other than that no bugs or framerate problems with my version.

stingerhs
09-20-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Herminator

still finding bugs, although that may have more to do with the 1800+ files in my override... :rolleyes:

*Yoinked*
09-22-2004, 12:35 PM
still finding bugs, although that may have more to do with the 1800+ files in my override...
Ditto here....
Ditto here....
1. blow up a crowded cantina or

2. gas a room full of children or

3. force lightning a room full of captives (that you were supposed to rescue) or

4. gull a woman (or man) into thinking that you liked them so that you can get your mission accomplished (and then break the bad news to them, then just kill them outright ) or

5. order an army to slaughter a city of innocents or

6. slaughter a city of innocents yourself (extra XP!!!) or

7. force choke someone off a cliff (a la JA ) or

8. force choke a city leader into letting you control it or

9. come up with better ideas yourself...

ain't being evil grand????
Nice ones.... :thumbsup:

jedi3112
09-23-2004, 02:27 AM
I would love to Force Choke Carth when Bastila wanted to go somewhere more private, imagine this.

Maybe we should go someplace more private

PC Force Chokes Carth

Is this better?

Much better

And also I would like to Force Choke those children that are harassing the alien on Taris (yes I know it's very sick and very DS) and after the alien thanks you for helping him, tell him that you didn't do it for free and demand that he'll give you something in return and then kill him as well.

I really should figure out how this works on the text editor. Too bad my damn PC is a bit too slow now.

Rogue Nine
09-23-2004, 02:34 AM
The only thing I would really like implemented would be stashable weaponry. It was okay that you'd always carry your weapon in your hand, but a little unrealistic. If Obsidian could add a little holster-and-draw sequence, that would make my day.

It would also be cool if your character could explore romantic relationships with any of the NPCs in the party, within reason. I mean, I wasn't exactly gonna go for Jolee or Zaalbar, but I thought Mission was pretty cute. That would be really neat. In addition, the ability to choose a race would be really wicked. I mean, it's okay to be just a simple human, but it would be awesome to be a Twi'lek or a Devaronian. Once again, within reason.

*Yoinked*
09-23-2004, 06:03 AM
I wasn't exactly gonna go for Jolee or Zaalbar, but I thought Mission was pretty cute.
:eyes8: :disaprove: You child molester.[JK]
While I agree with you that Jolee is not desirable :sweating: Mission is a little to young to *a-hem-hem* get together with you. Also I for one would not like to have a romantic relationship with that old hag. (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/608/608569/img_2301055.html?fromint=1) ;)

Prime
09-23-2004, 06:16 AM
Actually, most of the stuff I'd like to see changed/added have already been confirmed by the devs...

Revan Solo
09-23-2004, 07:48 AM
I want to have the same good graphic!!

Revan Solo
09-23-2004, 07:51 AM
I have a good tipp for all kotor fans. Go towww.bioware.com (http://www.bioware.com) and go to the forum. You have to reggister first!:D

Hiroki
09-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Why all the advertisements lately? :confused:

FiEND_138
09-23-2004, 01:06 PM
^^
Wondering that myself. & I thought Obsidian were the people handling the production/design of TSL, not Bioware. Besides I'm not really into Bio's forums, how many Gizka Vs. Tach Vs. Vader Vs. Jango Fett threads can you have before it gets ridiculous?

RedHawke
09-24-2004, 05:35 AM
^^^^
I agree FiEND! It gets ridiculous very fast! :D

Aleggy
09-25-2004, 12:35 PM
well i would like a better force persuade options

like {you want to give me the droid}

or {credits will do fine} lol although that didn't work for Qui Gon Jin lol

or maybe {you don't need to see my document papers}
and {i can go about my business}
and{move along}

hey it worked for obi wan in eps4

and just like i agree that the pistols should be holstered while in transit what about the lightsabers shouldn't the hang from your belt

and i think that if ur pc hasnt got the power to force persuade powerfully enough and ur npc does u can use them independantly to do so not like in kotor where if you used a npc the character u spoke to still had a dialogue with ur pc

Aleggy
09-25-2004, 12:42 PM
also if a door is locked y not use the force to open it and if u own a astro droid and a protocol droid when having a convo the protocol droid can translate what the astro droid is saying

Grishnakh
09-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
The only thing I would really like implemented would be stashable weaponry. It was okay that you'd always carry your weapon in your hand, but a little unrealistic. If Obsidian could add a little holster-and-draw sequence, that would make my day.

It would also be cool if your character could explore romantic relationships with any of the NPCs in the party, within reason. I mean, I wasn't exactly gonna go for Jolee or Zaalbar, but I thought Mission was pretty cute. That would be really neat. In addition, the ability to choose a race would be really wicked. I mean, it's okay to be just a simple human, but it would be awesome to be a Twi'lek or a Devaronian. Once again, within reason.

Yeah, or a Hutt, that would be awesome! At least having one in your party. :D

Grishnakh
09-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Some of the darkside options were downright evil, like when

that Selkath on Manaan offers you 500 credits if you find out what happened to his daughter and the other missing Selkath, and when you find them inside the sith base you just slaughter them all, and then return to him and tell him you have information for him, and when he asks what you've found out you say "Maybe a few credits could refresh my memory," and when he pays up you tell him that the sith was training the young Selkath in the dark side of the force and that you killed his daughter, just as you'll kill him if he tells anybody about it, then you take the 500 credits.

Or what about finding those promised land journals in the undercity and instead of giving them to Rukil selling them to Igear for a couple hundred credits so he can destroy them, that was really evil

Rogue9dlb
09-28-2004, 12:41 PM
I'd like to see more costomization in playable characters/armor/weapons. I'd also like to see it more friendly to mods. Every game can learn something from OFP.

Aleggy
09-28-2004, 02:28 PM
actually i wouldnt mind seeing customizable swoop bikes

lukeiamyourdad
09-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Unless swoop bikes become more useful then in KOTOR 1, that might turn out to be useless.

RedHawke
09-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Rogue9dlb
Every game can learn something from OFP.

Rogue9dlb, if I may ask, what is OFP?

stingerhs
09-29-2004, 08:25 AM

i think Operation FlashPoint. forget what kind of game that was...

Rogue9dlb
09-29-2004, 01:34 PM

Operation Flashpoint
It has the most powerful mission editor I've ever seen and it's mod friendly. Basically, you can pretty much do anything you want with it.

lukeiamyourdad
09-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Perhaps BF1942 is a better example of a mod friendly game.

Rogue9dlb
09-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Maybe, but OFP has a much wider range of what you can do.

RedHawke
09-29-2004, 09:20 PM
^^^^
Oh... Operation Flashpoint, thanks for enlightening me on that one. :D

stingerhs
09-30-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Perhaps BF1942 is a better example of a mod friendly game.
you wouldn't happen to be an avid dc player, now would you????

jedi3112
09-30-2004, 06:39 AM
The Armada games are also quite easy to mod, and there's an enourmous amount ships to download as well. Though I still can't make any models/textures. But I'm trying to make some KOTOR ships for those games now, as there aren't any of them, all SW they have now is a few EP1 ships and about 30 imperial/rebellion ships, though I should look for more. On the other hand they do have Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5 and a load of extra ST ships, and I'm trying to get Wing Commander from A1 to A2.

lukeiamyourdad
09-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
you wouldn't happen to be an avid dc player, now would you????

HELL NO.

DC SUCKS. PERIOD.

Ahem yes...well I like some of the other mods but I hate DC. DC is bad...DC is not good...destroy DC.

DarthBuzzard
09-30-2004, 03:31 PM
DC? Daycare? Drunk child? Wha...?

on th subject of BF1942, I loved it's modfriendlyness. never played OFP tho...

lukeiamyourdad
09-30-2004, 04:56 PM
I hope that was sarcasm...DesertCombat

RedHawke
09-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
I hope that was sarcasm...DesertCombat

It wouldn't have been sarcasm from me as I also had no idea what DC was.

I feel so behind the times. :(

lukeiamyourdad
09-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Eh cheer up mate!

If you're not an FPS player there's a chance you didn't hear about Desert Combat.

A lot of people say it's the best mod for BF1942 but I don't see it. Maybe it's me but I've never enjoyed playing on a desert type terrain(which is why I don't like Tatooine in KotOR). The mod is quite boring even though some people bought BF1942 just to play the mod. DICE even hired the guys who made DC.

Rogue15
10-01-2004, 11:52 AM
npcs saying random stuff when u walk by them, kinda like in TPM, that little detail made that a fun game for me.

Rogue9dlb
10-01-2004, 01:04 PM
DC is the only way to play BF1942.

kookaburra
10-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Pinching Lunch Credits....a sith would do that lol.....i think they would rather let some poor innocent starve to death or killl countless billlions of lives

:lsduel: :yodaball:

lukeiamyourdad
10-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Rogue9dlb
DC is the only way to play BF1942.

Now that's a laugh!

I'll just stop 'cause I don't want this thread to go more off-topic then it is.

Hem Droid
10-01-2004, 11:40 PM
My first post! Yay me! *ahem*

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic was one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time. I, along with many others are highly looking forward to The Sith Lords.

Now that the above is comon knowledge, I'd like to state what I think should be improved for the next game.

[Light Side/Dark Side]
Now, I've read alot in this thread about people who wanted better dark side choices. That really wasn't one of my personal problems with the game. I think they did fine with that and will likely expand & improve in the next one.

My main erk in the first one, was the feeling that I was mainly alone in the dark side all the way up to the very end. Most of my party would complain when I'd choose a dark side option, and it became annoying to a certain level. (It didn't keep me from loving the game, but it was annoying.)

I heard a little bit about you being able to sway your party to the dark side or light side, but I don't too much detail about The Sith Lords, so they could very well have handled this problem already. But if not, then hopefullly they will.

I don't just want my party to be in my favor, either. i want townspeople and salesman/women/ewoks :)/etc. to sway towards different alignments as well. Example - Maybe some guy likes the fact that I'm aligned with the dark side of the force so he'll give me extremely better prices than he would if I were on the light side of the force. Also, perhaps some npcs won't talk to me if I'm a dark sideer or a light sider. Just a thought.

[Non Jedi Main Characters]
I love using the force in Star Wars games just as much as the next person. But when I was playing the first Knights, I felt the urge to make a character (my third play through) that avoided the force and tried to use blaster weapons and be a Han Solo/Boba Fett type. It was simply impossible to get into though, because the game mainly caters towards Jedi powers. This isn't a complaint or anything, but it would have been neat to have that option.

[Larger Areas To Explore]
I couldn't help but feel a bit fenced in and claustrophobic in the first game. It didn't kill the gameplay for me, but it would be nice to see bigger areas to explore in the next one.

That's about all I can really think of at the moment. I still love this game and I look forward to the next one, regardless. Cheers.

UrchSr
10-04-2004, 01:12 PM
Better DS play.

I agree, but remember that Czerka dude you choke out in the cantina on tatooiene? That was what I thought the whole DS game should have been about. Why shake someone down when you can kill them... We need more sudden deaths, too. I know it's off topic, but I liked the idea of stepping up to the wrong guy (like Calo in the upper city cantina) and just getting fragged... I was pretty funny, as long as I saved before hand.

jedi3112
10-06-2004, 09:54 AM
That Cerka guy didn't die when I did that, and I couldn't fix that mistake with my Lightsaber. The Calo idea was nice indeed, but it sucked if you hadn't saved just before. But since I save right before entering an area, it's fine by me. This also made experimenting with the dialog easier.

JediConsularAD
10-06-2004, 10:15 AM
although i am a follower of the lightside i would like the dark side to be more accessable. Like you could land on korriban and become a sith instead of jedi. And also choose your own ship an mabye appartment where your crew can hide. You know what i mean, become a real sith.