PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 2

legameboy
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Huzzah! The sequal to one of the most unique, humorous, and revolutionary games is here!

All hail The Sims 2!

Now, all of you who are busy playing, get off for a second and rant about it!

:)

ET Warrior
09-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Uhhhh....I hated the first sims :dozey:

swphreak
09-16-2004, 04:47 PM
I got bored after the 1st expansion.

Mike Windu
09-16-2004, 05:23 PM
I wish I had a good enough computer for it.

And battlefront

And Rome total war.

Sam Fisher
09-16-2004, 06:11 PM
The sims seems a little..stupid to me when the first came out.. nothings changed :/

TiE23
09-16-2004, 07:39 PM
I got it yesterday (Opening day)
I would give it a solid 9 out of 10. Its like the addiction all over again.
And don't be fooled by the console version Sims, this is alot different. The Sims console was just the Sims in 3d, Sims 2 is a lot better.
If you liked the first one and got addicted to it, get it, if you hated it, don't get it!
The only reason Im not playing it right now, is because my brother and sister are playing it :D
Meh :D

Oh, and you are going to have a medium-high rig. At least a ATI 9600 XT or a FX 5600

But it uses a special technology, unless your moving the camera, it will only render the characters and moving objects, and will give you a silky smooth 40-50 fps (When moving, 20-25 fps)

Oh, the animations are so F*CKING GOOD! It blows away anything you thought it would be like. :D

***Warning***
If your parents don't like you seeing two Sims making out and rubbing eachothers asses when on the couch, watch out.
But if you like making the sims do perverted stuff, and watching two animated people do the "WooHoo" *looks at Insanesith* Go ahead :D

PS:
The insanity inducing music is gone, and has a more upbeat pop music soundtrack instead of a violin & piano song. Better custom soundtrack support, movie maker, story maker, better picture taking.... the list goes on and on

TiE

Tyrion
09-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Evil Genius>Sims 2

Why have control over a family, when you can have control over the world?

IG-64
09-16-2004, 10:24 PM
It rox, I finally have something to do ^_^

I just played it for like, 5 hours :p

Mex
09-16-2004, 10:33 PM
I got no money. So I won't be getting The Sims 2 any time soon.

Crow_Nest
09-17-2004, 12:15 AM
yeah me wont be getting Sims 2 either, but my cousin is cause hes a sims fan. I'd rather get Half Life 2.

CapNColostomy
09-17-2004, 12:38 AM
I'll be getting it for sure. Can you still add your own mp3's? Nothings better than watching Sims dance in cages and on a floor with lights in it to Goatwhore. Well, okay lots of things are better than that, but that's still pretty good.

El Sitherino
09-17-2004, 12:47 AM
*stabs tie*

I want this game bad, but not because of the animated mini-people sex. I wanna watch mini-people grow old and die, being in total control of their lives >:]

I hate the idea of pop music in it though. I'll probably just turn off the music and listen to my own stuff.

Crow_Nest
09-17-2004, 04:35 AM
I went to teh store just now, saw the DVD edition. But requires an 8x DVD drive. Anyway, i wasnt interested. I can tell you The Sims 2 will be obsolete once Half Life 2 and Halo 2 releases

El Sitherino
09-17-2004, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
I can tell you The Sims 2 will be obsolete once Half Life 2 and Halo 2 releases uhmm... what?
The sims is a simulation game, HL2 and Halo 2 are FPS', they're totally incomparable. To do so is, as I believe, grounds for a face beating with a wiffle bat.

Crow_Nest
09-17-2004, 05:04 AM
Im not comparing that. I mean The Sims 2 is also one of the most antipated games, and is a sequel to the best game of all time years ago (The sims was more popular than HL last time i think)

But Halo 2 and HL2 were more antipated and most ppl are into it. Thats why i think HL2 and Halo 2 and will sell more when it comes out.

CapNColostomy
09-17-2004, 06:04 AM
Im not comparing that. I mean The Sims 2 is also one of the most antipated games, and is a sequel to the best game of all time years ago (The sims was more popular than HL last time i think)

But Halo 2 and HL2 were more antipated and most ppl are into it. Thats why i think HL2 and Halo 2 and will sell more when it comes out.

Haven't the Sims probably sold more copies both of those two games combined? At any rate, I couldn't give a rats ass about either of those, even though I play alot of FPS's. I'm getting Sims 2.

Doomie
09-17-2004, 06:51 AM
I think it's stupid to play something that emulates life. I mean, you can do some stuff that you can't do in real life, but generally, the fun was gone after a few hours tops for me...

Guess it's a matter of taste.

ckcsaber
09-17-2004, 07:09 AM

Who the hell cares about sales and anticipation? If its a good game, then play it. Don't base your gaming off how well it does in stores and the massive anticipation it recieves.

C'mon now boy! You're just digging yourself a bigger hole!

*takes IS's advice and pulls out wiffle bat and begins slapping it against the palm of hand*

TiE23
09-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
*stabs tie*

I want this game bad, but not because of the animated mini-people sex. I wanna watch mini-people grow old and die, being in total control of their lives >:]

I hate the idea of pop music in it though. I'll probably just turn off the music and listen to my own stuff. I was checking out the settings earlier today, and menu music is changable to your specification :D

TiE

Mex
09-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by TiE 23
I was checking out the settings earlier today, and menu music is changable to your specification :D

TiE

:eek: I now love The Sims even more than I did before.

CapNColostomy
09-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Doomie
Guess it's a matter of taste.

Ya think?

Doomie
09-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Ever thought of changing your name to Cap'n Irony?

EDIT: woops, that's supposed to be Cap'n Sarcasm. Gimme a break here will ya? It's special for kids my age to be able to write this well in english where i come from.

well, not really, actually. but screw that.

legameboy
09-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
I'll be getting it for sure. Can you still add your own mp3's? Nothings better than watching Sims dance in cages and on a floor with lights in it to Goatwhore. Well, okay lots of things are better than that, but that's still pretty good.

Hah! That's awesome. I never thought you were a Sim kind of guy. Of course, I also get your personality and Kain's personality mixed up. :p

Oh, I'm getting the Sims 2 today! :D

Crow_Nest
09-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
Who the hell cares about sales and anticipation? If its a good game, then play it. Don't base your gaming off how well it does in stores and the massive anticipation it recieves.

Hey cool down dude. I just said that The Sims 2 may not be that popular once HL2 or Halo 2 comes out. I didnt say it sucks or anything, i know its a good game since the first one was great so i think the 2nd one should be better too. I'm just not interested in it.

Chewbacco
09-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Hey cool down dude. I just said that The Sims 2 may not be that popular once HL2 or Halo 2 comes out. I didnt say it sucks or anything, i know its a good game since the first one was great so i think the 2nd one should be better too. I'm just not interested in it. Yeah but Halo 2 and Half Life 2 will give you a rush and a sense of survival mode while the Sims 2 is just strategizing on how they live their lives, long or short, your in control, YOUR GOD!

TiE23
09-18-2004, 10:14 AM
its - You're God - Ryan :rolleyes:

Well, I have a video for you guys to see how the Sims do their stuff :D

http://www.freewebtown.com/TiE/video/movie005.avi
Please right-click and "Save as" To save me bandwith :D

TiE

CapNColostomy
09-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by legameboy
Of course, I also get your personality and Kain's personality mixed up. :p

Me too!:eek:

Doomie
09-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Not me. I actually like Kain a bit, y'know.

CapNColostomy
09-18-2004, 11:02 AM
It's probably safe to assume he just loves you too! Because, you know, we all do.

Tyrion
09-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
It's probably safe to assume he just loves you too! Because, you know, we all do.

Good job doomie, you just got yourself some pedophiles. :p

RoxStar
09-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Good job doomie, you just got yourself some pedophiles. :p
Its paedophile

TiE23
09-18-2004, 04:49 PM
to get a taste of what the music is in Sims 2, this is the Theme Music
http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff/music/The_Sims_2_Theme.mp3

TiE

Anthony
09-18-2004, 06:17 PM
you can play custom music too.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
09-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Ugh...

This is why I haven't been here the past 4 days.

First of all my girlfriend moved in with me, and, well we've been doing some different activities :naughty:... and firday she comes home with this bag for EB.

I go :eek:, and when she goes in the other room, I peek in the bag. And to my surprise it's Sims 2.

Now, the sims was fun for its day, till they milked the poor cow outa house and home with all the expansions. I just couldn't see why you'd buy this new one. She comes out and says, "What? I liked the first one, I have all the expansions!"

Now my jaw drops because I had no idea she even knew how to turn on the computer let alone enjoy a sim game.

so I go to make her a login, and she says "Well why can't I just use yours?"

:mad: So now, I have no privacy when it comes to the computer with her having access to my account. The one place I'd have for myself.

And anyways, she tells me to install it, and after the 1 1/2 hour install, she bots me outa my seat and starts playing. FOR THE NEXT THREE DAYS I only get to touch my computer once... and her NOT EVEN ONCE!

and to top it off, it is a ****in system hog. so I had to uninstall a few things just so it would run to it's highest... I love her, but I wanted to smack the crap outa her for putting that system hog on my computer. that sounds bad, since I'd never hit a women

my testing of it out was ok. It's got a nice engine. and the new animations are pretty sweet. But just like the original, I will get bored of it, quick.

my score 7/10

so, see ya when and/or if I see ya... :(

god please rid me of this abomination

BongoBob
09-18-2004, 11:55 PM
I want it so bad...but not a good enough comp/bot enough money :(

And if you don't like the sims, state your oppinion, just don't flame others. And if someone does like them, don't flame them. This is a matter of taste.

I'm sorry for the above statement, it's just that I've seen two of my best friends not talk to each other(and still havn't) because of it. I don't want to see this become another one of these things.

:)

some1's back!
09-19-2004, 01:10 AM
post nuked ~~ Lynk

Doomie
09-19-2004, 01:15 AM
Alright, don't feed the trolls, somebody get this guy banned and his posts deleted and let it be known that everyone is to ignore him.

I'm sure the mods would agree with me on that.

some1's back!
09-19-2004, 01:24 AM
You have just fed me.:D :D ;P

Mex
09-19-2004, 11:58 AM
How long can you play it for without it getting boring? I don't want to buy it and get bored on the first day.

Anthony
09-19-2004, 12:07 PM
fun fun fun ufnfunfun *falls over onto floor, twitching*

Mex
09-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
fun fun fun ufnfunfun *falls over onto floor, twitching*

I'll take that as a "you won't get bored for a few weeks."

:xp:

Anthony
09-19-2004, 12:12 PM
I played the sims 1 for 2 years, you know.

legameboy
09-19-2004, 03:38 PM
I freakin' love this game!

I started out playing the Curious family in Strangetown, and now I've had two alien babies (one male, one female), and I also got one of the men in that family married to the house maid. XD

I also made another family (the Gumps), and my female adult Gump, named Brandy, fell in love with that elderly alien named Polination Tech #9. Unfortunately, after them having WooHoo and then purposely trying to have a baby for about twenty times, I have concluded that the seed of PT#9... is dead. :(

So much fuuun...

Oh, and my system runs it just fine, I have:

2.4 Ghz
Geforce 4 Ti4200 64MB RAM
512 RAM

Mike Windu
09-19-2004, 04:05 PM
cooolarooni

Your systems specs are high as hell.

6 year old vid card
127 RAM
600 mgz

TiE23
09-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
I played the sims 1 for 2 years, you know. I got it for my 10th birthday, Im now 14 :D
We have had every expansion pack exept for Makin Magic (We were getting tired of it anyway) :D

I run it at everything high at 1024x768 - No AA
I get like 40-50 fps still and 20-30 fps moving.

FX 5700LE OC 256mb APG
3.2 Pentium 4 CPU
1024mb SDRAM

TiE

Troopr-Undr-Fir
09-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Heh, my girlfriend is out shopping and I was playing...

I made a made a couple, that looks like me and my girlfriend, and made her have the aspiration of romance. SO she likes to have woohoo a lot. public woohoo, woohoo with three different sims, woohoo in general.

But the funny part was I threw a party and put it on free will to see what it would do. My women slept with 2 guys including my guy and then had woohoo with 2 more women

God I wish that could happen in real life

but that would mean... I can't satisfy

Troopr sad :(

CapNColostomy
09-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
We have had every expansion pack exept for Makin Magic (We

I have them all, and Makin' Magic has been my least favorite. I don't think you're missing anything.

Redwing
09-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Good lord. :D

I have a friend who won't stop playing this game since she figured out she could get guys to sleep together ;)