PDA

View Full Version : What ports? Can't logon to servers.

Iceman_IX
09-21-2004, 04:18 PM
What ports does the PC version use? I am on a school network and I can go to the server browser and see servers but when I go to connect to any server (open slots, good ping, no password) it goes to the "Logging onto Session... Busy 1..." screen. It times out eventually being "Busy" for 59 seconds.

I believe my school network (University of Florida, they are rabid about network traffic) is blocking the port the game actually functions on so I can't logon to servers outside the school network. So what ports does the game work on so I can verify this?

Any other thoughts on my problem? I can logon to Gamespy and everything perfectly fine, my Firewall has all this unblocked.

Pad
09-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Maybe you can find your answer here (http://support.lucasarts.com/tsg/SWBFQuestions/SWBFConnectivityDeviceQuestions.htm) ;)

PANChris
09-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Ive heard conflicting reports on this but try port 3659. Not sure if this works.

Iceman_IX
09-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Maybe you can find your answer here
That was totally not helpful... but thanks.

Well I was able to join a server or two. Is this a general problem? Most servers are full or only have 1 person. Have had limited time to figure all this out. Hopefully it will fix itself in time.

ReturnFire
09-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Try 3659. If the server is empty or only has one person it could be that they aren't configured properly to let people into the server. I've found that I can get into a server that is about 3/4 full in 10 ticks on the busy screen.

Iceman_IX
09-22-2004, 12:17 PM
I have since been able to join servers (takes 8-10 secs). Not sure what the problem was. Atleast this thread will serve as a source for the actual ports.

When I right-click on a server it goes to join, does 2 seconds of busy then goes back to the server list? What is this? Pinging the server?

KillaBite
09-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Hey I was having the same problem but I believe I found a fix. Check your online options under the options menu. This is what got me, it says "Hosting Bandwidth". Now, one would think this setting for when you're hosting a game, but it seems it's just to set your connection speed. Set it to 1M+ if you're on broadband. Also set your ticks to 30. I believe that's related to how many polls per second it does or something. Hopefully people will try this if they're having trouble.

KB