PDA

View Full Version : Sound glitch

Sidious009
09-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Quick question all. Sound is normal through all menus and cutscenes but when the actual battle map loads all the sound effects are delayed by about 1-2 secs. Running it with a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card and have already installed the updated driver pack as well as reinstalling the game. Anyone have any ideas?

masteryamaha
09-22-2004, 08:24 PM
have you tried running no other programs while running SWB. What do u have in your computer for RAM....i doubt that woul be the problem but its the only thing i can think of. have you done trouble shooting through the device manager for your sound card, i doubt this will help either if its only on SWB.....just some ideas

acy
09-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Same card, same problem.

It's almost like the sound file that plays gets uber-fragmented each time it plays... It started just fine, then got subsequently worse as time went on.

**EDIT**

I have a gig+ of RAM, no issues there. No other apps running either. I turned old machine into a mp3/IM/Teamspeak box! ;)

acy
09-24-2004, 03:41 PM
You know... That whole "Known Issues" reading is worth the look...

Turn down your sound. Thru Windows, then thru the in-game 'Options' menu if that doesn't do it.

DOH!