View Full Version : SW:Battlefront Bug / Wish List
09-22-2004, 05:28 PM
1. The server browser. To be slightly more specific, These options really need to be added: Add a stop refresh button, the ability to add servers to a favorites list, Add / Join by IP button.
2. The MultiPlayer 20 Fps cap. This is really horrible. You can notice the difference from 60 to 20 especially in a fast moving game like this. I know that after playing many other Multiplayer games 20fps almost isnt acceptable. I firmly believe that having this removed or at least upped to 60 or 70 would definitely improve people's Multi-Player game experience.
3. The server control problems... but hopefully after reading that they are aware of this major problem it will get corrected.
4. On the scoreboard it really needs to say what the server name is and the IP, because without a friends list(that would list all this info and/or give you the option to join the game) of some sort its extremely difficult to hook up with friends in the same server.
I feel these are probably the 4 most critical at the moment.
09-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Yes the browser server needs some serious upgrading.
-how about adding a buddy list
-needs more descriptions of the servers
-also battlefront doesnt really work through gamespy, keep on getting messages that i need a password.
-refresh doesnt really give an up to date on the server
-the Netcode could be worked on.
-improve on lag
-they seem very square
-and the weapons looks like they came from the game dark forces.
A few things:
1) For multiplayer it would be nice to also have a way to sort out and prune servers such as empty/full, gametype, map, etc.
2) Able to stop it from asking you every time to open a gamespy ID.
3) Better Multiplayer settings for nick, etc?
4) Better server CVARS for multiplayer to give complete control over the server, some way to remote connect to the server without being in game
5) A console so we can log in and then kick/ban switch teams, etc!!
6) Linux dedicated files, (This is a big one)
7) In single player instant battle be able to choose what side you are on.
09-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Possible to infinitely fire in a vehicle with pilot/gunner weaponry:
"Another tip is, when you are in an AT-ST by yourself, with nobody else in it, shoot the main guns until they overheat, then switch to other position and fire those guns until they overheat, then swith back and they will be recharged again! So you can just switch back and forth and you never have to wait for guns to recharge, so you can keep up a steady stream of fire."
09-23-2004, 12:18 AM
1) Increase Grenade Throw Range, and Blast Radius. Also Rockets need to do more damage against vehicles and have a larger blast radius.
2) Pilots should only have a pistol for a weapon, in exchange they get a faster weapon recharge rate for vehicles they are piloting.
3) Larger Maps, the Maps are too small for air combat.
4) Swap the Rebel Trooper Characther model with the Rebel Vanguard Model (Blue Vest White Helmet Characther Model), and give him a weapon that looks like the one seen at the begining of ANH.
4) Dark Troopers need a major revamp. Jetpack should work like the Clonetroopers Jet Pack. Also, Dark Troopers need a better weapon, maybe a blaster equivalant to the EMP Cannon, or a Grenade Launcher. Also, the ability to exchange weapons in combat would be nice.
5) AT-ST needs a Co-Pilot Blaster replaced with a rocket launcher.
6) Ability to customize battles. Including increasing Bot count, AI difficulty, etc.
09-23-2004, 06:22 AM
The darktroopers jetpack needs to be fixed to how it was in the ps2 demo. the only thing that was good about the dark trooper was that they could just jump-jet around wherever they wanted to go and right on top of their opponents (the only place their gun really works)
in the full version (PC) the jetpack starts out half empty, and gets used up really quick and regenerates really slow. youll probably get 1 or two jumps out before your reduced to regular walking... and getting to close range while running isnt fun. the dark trooper usually dies before his gun can get in range of being effective.
Also, the server interface... that thing is really anoying to use. you can click on a server you like, but they are all moving around so much your selection changes. it takes a long time for them to remotely settle down and you can chose without your choice being changed and accidentially joining a server you didnt want to. (this is how it is on the PC version i dont know about xbox and ps2)
09-23-2004, 07:01 AM
Fix so that the computer does not reboot in the middle of the game!
09-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Improve locked-on missile behavior to make it easier to hit targets.
The ability of a locked-on missile to hit its target should be vastly improved. Or the velocity of the shot improved. At current locking on does almost nothing, even a fully locked-on shot that is well-led can miss much of the time.
09-24-2004, 11:09 AM
1. Ability to check scores when your dead
2. A console command to scroll through the few chat posts incase you missed them.
3. Ability to chat during the pre and post game.
Basically more ability to communicate with your fellow players.
09-24-2004, 03:58 PM
i think an in-game lobby would be nice so you can talk to friends and strategy and stuff
hell...just make it like socom, their servers and in-game lobbies and everything else were awesome...clans, friends, rankings, the good life
10-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Lock on works great, if you miss then you don't have a lock
10-04-2004, 04:04 PM
From my post:
- Friends list, perhaps with a colour indicator ingame so people in friends list show as a certain colour, e.g blue/yellow etc..
- Server browser filters, favourites etc.
- Chat log, to see what messages people have typed, or even better, a console like in quake, jka/jk2 etc..
- Prevent client from having to reconnect to the server between map changes, which always (for me anyway) results in disconnection, and not being able to get back to that server.
- All vehicles (Including aircraft, especially the Y-wing) lasers are too, fat.. and they move FAR too slow, also some of the sounds are wrong, like the AT-ST laser sounds, In the demo the laser sounds AND the animation was fine! what did you do to them!? I think the lasers need to be like in the demo, thin and fast.
- Voice commands?! where?! all I can command with voice command Is stupid mindless bots that get killed easier then squashing a bug with your hand.
and finally perhaps an improvement to the LAG!
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.