PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Droid?


Bokishi
09-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Of all of the droids in the Star Wars Universe, which is the most memorable to you? Mine is HK-47 from KOTOR.

Furball
09-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Same for me

Darth Dex
09-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Yah HK-47 is pretty funnny.

swphreak
09-23-2004, 07:52 PM
My favorite droid is IG-88. I mean come on, how many droids do you know that had its brain uploaded to the Death Star core? That's what I thought.

Oh and Anakin's 4 arm Nanny Droid on Anoth was cool too. A Nanny packing heat!

DarthBuzzard
09-23-2004, 08:08 PM
HK-47. All. The. Way.

"stupid, frail, non-compartmentalized meatbags!"
"Yes, master!"
"Warning: Keep your hands of the masters possesions, female!"
"Warning: Touch the masters blade and lose an arm, meatbag!"
"Over a span of one year, I terminated a total of 322 sentient meatabags. These contracts made Bochaba very wealthy."


HK47 owns. all other discussion = pointless.

El Sitherino
09-23-2004, 09:32 PM
R2-D2.
He's just so awesome.

Nokill
10-03-2004, 09:40 AM
i like this one the most http://members.lycos.nl/nokill/f_droid1.jpeg :D

Master_Keralys
10-03-2004, 08:24 PM
HK-47, no doubt. "So Malak was the original meatbag, huh? I kind of like that..." - Revan.

There's nothing quite like a smart-mouthed, three-quarters sentient, looks down on "meatbags" droid to keep things interesting...

Shok_Tinoktin
10-08-2004, 02:42 AM
IG-88 and 4-LOM are pretty cool. IG-88 has cool weapons and is a good bounty hunter. 4-LOM, a force using droid, enough said.




But cummon, Artoo. No question.

Autobot Traitor
10-08-2004, 05:39 AM
R5-D4 pwns! He was even at the battle over Yavin in ANH. He was Jet Porkin's droid, and he ejected right before JEt got his can blown appart.
If you don't believe me, watch the Jet seens when hes about to get shot down; first you see R5 right behind him, but soon as he is about to explode, Jet's head weaves to the side and you can see R5 disapeared.

Astrotoy7
10-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Coolest/Most Important : R2

Funniest : HK-47

Sexiest :
Guri (http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/dark/large/guri.html)

mtfbwya

TK-8252
10-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Sexiest :
Guri (http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/dark/large/guri.html)

Typical. :p

RedHawke
10-08-2004, 09:32 PM
A Cylon of course!

Oh wait... you mean a Star Wars Droid, sorry about that... :D

HK-47 or R2-D2 all the way!

You gotta love HK for all the "Meatbag" refrences... and other lines he says... "and all that water, how the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I don't know."

And R2... well you gotta love a mobile trash can with an electroshock prod and a circular saw. :D

*Yoinked*
10-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Coolest/Most Important : R2

Funniest : HK-47

Sexiest :
Guri (http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/dark/large/guri.html)

mtfbwya

I agree with you all the way, Xisor (sp) didn't know what he was making when he created or ordered her.... :naughty:

-Adam G.=:naughty:

primalunderdog
10-09-2004, 03:21 PM
4-LOM has got to be the best.Bounty hunter and just all around Freakin Awsome.

primalunderdog
10-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Coolest/Most Important : R2

Funniest : HK-47

Sexiest :
Guri (http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/reflections2/dark/large/guri.html)

mtfbwya

Guri Sucked,she was just another typical robot you would love to screw that could kick your @** just by thinking about it.LOL

Astrotoy7
10-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by primalunderdog
Guri Sucked,she was just another typical robot you would love to screw that could kick your @** just by thinking about it.LOL

LMAO :p 'typical' ... ?? how may robots have you screwed !?

mtfbwya

swphreak
10-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by primalunderdog
Guri Sucked,she was just another typical robot you would love to screw that could kick your @** just by thinking about it.LOL

says the user with Xizor's ship in his avatar ;)

I also like Droidekas. Those kick ass.

Lieutenant_kettch
10-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Without including R2 in this, because he surpasses all competition, i would have to say its a toss-up between 4-LOM and the mouse-droids

Shok_Tinoktin
10-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by rcsquirrel900
Without including R2 in this, because he surpasses all competition, i would have to say its a toss-up between 4-LOM and the mouse-droids



I forgot about mouse droids. I might have to think about choosing them.


Right now, Ill bet theres a moderator somewhere considering closing this thread for that comment.

primalunderdog
10-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
LMAO :p 'typical' ... ?? how may robots have you screwed !?

mtfbwya

Why do you want to know this?LOL!Yeah i got to say that she was an asassin droid and hot.Thats good enough for me!

TK-8252
10-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Heh, anyone notice during the evacuation of the second Death Star, they show a squad of Imperial Navy Troopers, lead by an Imperial Officer, running to their shuttle, and one of them is carrying Mouse Droids in his arms? What's ironic is at the same time, Luke is dragging Darth Vader down the hangar. Save the Mouse Droids and forget their Lord... what loyalty! :p

Shok_Tinoktin
10-17-2004, 07:29 PM
I didn't notice this, but I will check. However, I fail to see the irony, what could be more important than the mouse droids?

RedHawke
10-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Heh, anyone notice during the evacuation of the second Death Star, they show a squad of Imperial Navy Troopers, lead by an Imperial Officer, running to their shuttle, and one of them is carrying Mouse Droids in his arms? What's ironic is at the same time, Luke is dragging Darth Vader down the hangar. Save the Mouse Droids and forget their Lord... what loyalty! :p

I never noticed that, I'll have to check that out myself, and if so, then that is just plain hilarious! :rofl:

Wraith 8
10-18-2004, 03:15 AM
i like the R2 droid of Garik Loran. "Vape"
he had a build in refridgerator unit and could dispense cold ales whenwver he was asked to :p

Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I didn't notice this, but I will check. However, I fail to see the irony, what could be more important than the mouse droids?

definately true... i think the mouse droids must be the true rulers of the empire, they probably control everything, i mean, they always seem to be near somethign important

mr.piercy
10-19-2004, 03:54 AM
well ARTOO - DEETOO (which is his proper name!) does zap that little creature that Jabba has...but...

......come on peeps THREEPIO!!!!!! becos of when Han is kissin Leia and he comes in and interrupts!!! lol the look on hans face is pricelesss!!!!!!!!HA

Shok_Tinoktin
10-19-2004, 03:59 AM
How can you top a droid with an arc welder!? (his proper name is Artoo btw, thats what he goes by)

mr.piercy
10-19-2004, 04:05 AM
sry but still, THREEPIO pi$$es everbody off and it is soo funny!!!!!:c3po: :c3po: :c3po:

Prime
10-19-2004, 08:04 AM
I still like R2 and 3PO...

Kasabian
10-19-2004, 10:32 AM
What about the R5 unit the Jawas sold to Luke? Or the droid that comes out with that comical scream in the droid basement of Jabba's palace? :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, R2 D2, by a long shot. He's saved at least one person's life (so far) in every episode of Star Wars.

Episode I- Repaired the Queen's starship while it was attacked by the Trade Federation. Done most of the piltoing in Anakin's N1 Starfighter, and saved them from being overrun by Battle Droids.

Episode II- Saved and repaired C-3PO at the Battle of Geonosis.

Episode IV- Saved the Rebellion in general by getting the Death Star plans to Obi Wan. Not forgetting when he deactivates the garbage disposal unit. Ah yes, and repairing Luke's X-Wing during the Battle of Yavin.

Episode V- Successfully hacked into and opened the computer which held the Millenium Falcon in lockdown. When escaping from the Super Star Destroyer, he then proceeded to activate the hyperdrive modulator, thus saving them from being captured.

Episode VI- Launched Luke's lightsaber to him aboard Jabba's sail barge.

Not forgetting all his adventures in the EU. :p

Shok_Tinoktin
10-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Kasabian
Not forgetting all his adverntures in the EU. :p


Yeah, just read Hand of Thrawn! He saves everyone!

Lieutenant_kettch
10-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Yeah, just read Hand of Thrawn! He saves everyone!

was the potential drowning incident in HOT?? i think so, in which case, yeah, Artoo saves everyones butt

Shok_Tinoktin
10-19-2004, 02:32 PM
If you are talking about Luke and Mara on Nirauan, then yes it was HoT. I was talking about the Caamasi document.

mr.piercy
10-19-2004, 11:48 PM
>>> i know this thread is about wat everyone's fav droid is , BUT which droids does everyone HATE???.>>>


mine is those window cleaner droids in the prequels cos they wood always perve on u lol.

Shok_Tinoktin
10-20-2004, 12:38 AM
pit droids, just a little annoying.

Lieutenant_kettch
10-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
pit droids, just a little annoying.

pit droids are good for some laughs, protocol droids are annoying(most of em)

primalunderdog
10-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Heh, anyone notice during the evacuation of the second Death Star, they show a squad of Imperial Navy Troopers, lead by an Imperial Officer, running to their shuttle, and one of them is carrying Mouse Droids in his arms? What's ironic is at the same time, Luke is dragging Darth Vader down the hangar. Save the Mouse Droids and forget their Lord... what loyalty! :p

I did notice that,i guess it could have been holding some important stuff,and they probably hated vader.

Darth Straker
10-21-2004, 02:53 PM
R2 and HK really blow all others for the title of best droid.

primalunderdog
10-22-2004, 10:17 AM
R2 sucked and HK-47 was the bomb!I do like the astro droids though,they could do anything,even fly.

Lieutenant_kettch
10-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by primalunderdog
R2 sucked and HK-47 was the bomb!I do like the astro droids though,they could do anything,even fly.

!!!BLASHPEMER!!! how dare you mock Artoo!!! [force lightning] muahahaha [/force lightning]

primalunderdog
10-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Do you mean :lightning ???

Lieutenant_kettch
11-01-2004, 09:23 AM
yours just doen't have the same effect....

RedHawke
11-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch
!!!BLASHPEMER!!! how dare you mock Artoo!!! [force lightning] muahahaha [/force lightning]
You are talking about the rolling 3 legged trash can right? :eyeraise:

:D

Lieutenant_kettch
11-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
You are talking about the rolling 3 legged trash can right? :eyeraise:

:D

i don't know if i should cry or hit you...actually, i don't know which i should do first, so i'll make my decision easier :explode: :snip2:

Shok_Tinoktin
11-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
You are talking about the rolling 3 legged trash can right?


You say rolling 3 legged trash can like its a bad thing. :)

RedHawke
11-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
You say rolling 3 legged trash can like its a bad thing. :)
It is! :D

I did forget a part, R2 is a rolling 3-legged trash-can... with a lot of attachments...

My favorite R2 scene is in the OT when the Jawa pwns him with a DEMP gun! The clunk sound when R2 falls over is most gratifying. :D

Lieutenant_kettch
11-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
It is! :D

I did forget a part, R2 is a rolling 3-legged trash-can... with a lot of attachments...

My favorite R2 scene is in the OT when the Jawa pwns him with a DEMP gun! The clunk sound when R2 falls over is most gratifying. :D

you are just begging to get zapped by artoos arc-welder or buzz-saw thingy
well aimed ewokian spear shot to the eye
much better

TK-8252
11-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Heh, anyone notice during the evacuation of the second Death Star, they show a squad of Imperial Navy Troopers, lead by an Imperial Officer, running to their shuttle, and one of them is carrying Mouse Droids in his arms? What's ironic is at the same time, Luke is dragging Darth Vader down the hangar. Save the Mouse Droids and forget their Lord... what loyalty! :p

Heh, here's a picture I took:

http://www.reichnation.com/uploads/savethedroid.jpg

:D

primalunderdog
11-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Yeah,mouse droids have got to be my favorite.

1:they make good pets

2:they can carry computer files and parts,and around my house we need that.LOL

Shok_Tinoktin
11-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Artoo is still my favorite, but I forgot to mention another good one: Whistler.

primalunderdog
11-13-2004, 12:54 PM
who is that???

Shok_Tinoktin
11-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Whistler is Corran Horn's astromech droid. When Corran was working for CorSec, he got all kinds of fancy stuff put into Whistler. For example, Whistler is immune to restraining bolts.

TheOutrider
11-13-2004, 10:02 PM
hmm favorite droid...

HK-47

Statement: And if someone disagrees they get a blaster bolt between the eyes


:D

Shok_Tinoktin
11-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by primalunderdog
who is that???

I went into the Unofficial Encyclopedia (http://www1.theforce.net/cuswe/entries.asp?page=5&search=W) on theforce.net for a better answer, so here is an exerpt:

Whistler
Corran Horn's codename for his R2-D2 astromech droid. Whistler had a near-human personality, and made itself understood by modifying its language of sounds to mimic human mannerisms... ...Not your average astromech, Whistler was programmed by the Corellian Security Force for a number of aptitudes, including creativity, surveillance, lock-picking and forceful entry, and a certain amount of deductive reasoning. Corran also added escape and evasion subroutines...(XWN, IR)

Pho3nix
11-16-2004, 04:48 AM
Probably R2-D2...or C-3PO

primalunderdog
11-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Woa,i guess he could kick artoo's butt then?

Lady Vader
11-26-2004, 10:39 AM
HK-47 is the best Star Wars droid. I love his personality. :D
(C-3PO is a little on the annoying side.)

primalunderdog
11-27-2004, 07:31 AM
HK-50 is coming out soon.(KOTOR II)

DonEmperor
11-27-2004, 03:38 PM
If the droids are allowed to join jedi , the R2D2 must will be a Droid Jedi Master , I can feel the force in it

boinga1
11-27-2004, 04:12 PM
I like any astro droid, R2 because he's the only one with any screen time.
HK-47 was a cool character, but I always felt he was pretty limited in KOTOR because there weren't any really good guns for him to use, and he wasn't allowed to use melee weaps.

Supposition: HK-50 will be much more powerful than HK-47.

Darth Alec
11-28-2004, 08:19 AM
IG-88 grills all, imean how often do you find a bounty hunter robot with a pulse cannon,flame thrower and plans to kill Boba Fett AND take over the galaksy, he was even a part of the Death Star. Beat that.

Shok_Tinoktin
11-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by DonEmperor
If the droids are allowed to join jedi , the R2D2 must will be a Droid Jedi Master , I can feel the force in it

Nah, Artoo is more of a Han/Lando/Boba character. A really powerful non-force-user. The one most likely to become a Droid Jedi Master is 4-LOM.

micks75au
11-30-2004, 02:19 AM
I'll stick with R2

Astrotoy7
12-01-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Darth Alec
IG-88 grills all, imean how often do you find a bounty hunter robot with a pulse cannon,flame thrower and plans to kill Boba Fett AND take over the galaksy, he was even a part of the Death Star. Beat that.

Ig 88 is pretty bad ass....but fett does fry him in the end IIRC :p

Someone mentioned whistler, now THAT is one cool droid. I cant remember what book it's in(perhaps I, Jedi), but theres a chapter or so that were *excellent* that focussed almost entirely on Whistler.... :D


mtfbwya

Shok_Tinoktin
12-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Someone mentioned whistler, now THAT is one cool droid. I cant remember what book it's in(perhaps I, Jedi), but theres a chapter or so that were *excellent* that focussed almost entirely on Whistler.... :D

If you are talking about the part where Whistler helps Gate to make some kind of escape (where from I don't remember), I think that it was Bacta War, but I could easily be mistaken.

Edit: Looking at the Unofficial Encyclopedia, it looks more likely that it was in Isard's Revenge.

Astrotoy7
12-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
If you are talking about the part where Whistler helps Gate to make some kind of escape (where from I don't remember), I think that it was Bacta War, but I could easily be mistaken.

Edit: Looking at the Unofficial Encyclopedia, it looks more likely that it was in Isard's Revenge.

yeah, the XW series was just damn great. very 'Star Warsy" IMO... :D and Isard was a freakin babe :p

http://www.starwars.ntrnet.pl/beauty/isard01.jpg

mtfbwya

primalunderdog
12-03-2004, 01:09 PM
IG was okay and was 3 seconds away from taking over the world.

Astrotoy7
12-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by primalunderdog
IG was okay and was 3 seconds away from taking over the world.

what world....you mean galaxy.. ???? yeah, I dont rememeber that story from 'tales of teh bounty hunters' too well.. :(

I hear that I-5, the droid from the medstar series is pretty cool :D

im looking forward to reading that, eventually !

mtfbwya

Shok_Tinoktin
12-04-2004, 07:53 PM
I think he is referring to the fact that IG-88 copied his programming and uploaded it into the Death Star II, so he would be able to control it at any time (in a sense). I guess he was gonna make his move three seconds after it blew. :D

DonEmperor
12-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Nah, Artoo is more of a Han/Lando/Boba character. A really powerful non-force-user. The one most likely to become a Droid Jedi Master is 4-LOM.

Artoo always has good luck, has abiltiy to slove difficulty in a short time so I think that ability is Force.
I think Artoo is a servant of Skywalkers'(both father and son) , a servant of knight. A servant of knight may become a knight someday, isn't it?

I had only seen the 5 movies of Starwars , nothing else.Would you please tell me who is 4-Lom?

Shok_Tinoktin
12-04-2004, 08:13 PM
4-LOM (http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/4lom/index.html) is one of the bounty hunters that Vader hires to track down the Falcon. He is partners with Zuckuss (another one of the bounty hunters that Vader hires) who is a Gand that finds people using meditation (the force IMO, but thats debateable). Eventually, 4-LOM (http://www1.theforce.net/cuswe/entries.asp?page=4&search=123) also learns to use meditation, and has a vision of himself training to become a Jedi.

4-LOM (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=4-LOM):
http://members.internettrash.com/murfster/4-lom.jpg

(each link is different, btw)

Astrotoy7
12-05-2004, 06:36 AM
yeah, 4-LOM(For the Love Of Money), was coolage, what a great name for a droid bounty hunter ! :D

I really enjoyed his story in "tales of the bounty hunterss"

mtfbwya

primalunderdog
12-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I think he is referring to the fact that IG-88 copied his programming and uploaded it into the Death Star II, so he would be able to control it at any time (in a sense). I guess he was gonna make his move three seconds after it blew. :D NO!What happened was he and his 3 counter parts captured a driod manufactering plant and sold driods to everyone.He put an activation code where they would kill all humans.Once he sold driods to every major business and put him self into the death star.He was activating the go code when they blew him up.